Video: Best prank evah

posted at 4:09 pm on September 1, 2007 by Allahpundit

As a sort of follow-up to the previous thread, how do you retaliate for a prank this nuclear? Conventional responses like kidnapping the other school’s mascot just aren’t going to cut it.

I fear that this pre-emptive strike shall never be answered.

Comments

How does this prank, that has zero chance of hurting anyone, warrant discipline of any kind?

lowandslow on September 1, 2007 at 4:16 PM

Here’s the prank that inspired the one above. It’s even more hilarious.

rivlax on September 1, 2007 at 4:19 PM

How to make enemies of lose influence.

By Dale Carnegie’s idiot brother, Rube.

profitsbeard on September 1, 2007 at 4:21 PM

How To Make Enemies And Lose Influence

By Dale Carnegie’s idiot brother, Rube.

profitsbeard on September 1, 2007 at 4:22 PM

(A Cyber prankster sent my unedited, first version.)

profitsbeard on September 1, 2007 at 4:23 PM

I’m a little slow. How does this prank work?

jihadwatcher on September 1, 2007 at 4:25 PM

I’m a little slow. How does this prank work?
jihadwatcher on September 1, 2007 at 4:25 PM

Watch rivlax’s link, that video pretty much spells it out.

lowandslow on September 1, 2007 at 4:28 PM

lowandslow on September 1, 2007 at 4:16 PM

Well, as a former high school teacher, I can tell you that I generally didn’t appreciate my students using the word “suck” in a derogatory fashion. It does, after all, imply a certain oral activity of a sexual nature and isn’t at all nice to use in polite society. It wasn’t in the “four-letter-word” list for which the school’s policy said students should get automatic detention or other disciplinary action, though. I just strongly discouraged it in my own classroom because I didn’t like to hear it. Perhaps “You/We suck” is on that school’s list of punishable language. Or maybe they just thought they had to slap someone’s wrist for show, in order to help appease the other school. They’re clearly not all that upset with the kids who did it.

aero on September 1, 2007 at 4:32 PM

lowandslow on September 1, 2007 at 4:16 PM

Somebody’s wittle feewings might have been hurt!

infidel4life on September 1, 2007 at 4:32 PM

I like the kids’ attitude.

baldilocks on September 1, 2007 at 4:35 PM

Well the punishment is minor comparied to the Kudos they are getting from the faculty and classmates

William Amos on September 1, 2007 at 4:35 PM

Oi Vey. The phrase “that sucks” is used by just about everybody of every age. Get your mind out of the gutter, former high school teacher. It does not imply oral sex. College kids do not have a low opinion of oral sex. If they say something sucks, it is because they disapprove of it. Since when do they disapprove of oral sex?

jihadwatcher on September 1, 2007 at 4:37 PM

Truthfully, if I were an administrator at one of those schools, I think I might ban the composite poster activity for a year or two (though the fans might refuse to do it on their own, for fear of what the retaliatory prank might be). You know if the other side manages to pass out some posters to the original pranksters’ side, it’ll be a gigantic picture of a penis or something equally inappropriate to a high school sports venue.

aero on September 1, 2007 at 4:39 PM

Hmm.. I think I wanna take those kids to the next Democratic Convention…

GoodBoy on September 1, 2007 at 4:41 PM

jihadwatcher on September 1, 2007 at 4:37 PM

As I said, I did not impose disciplinary action on kids who used “suck” in my class (unless they said “You suck!” directly to me). I simply let them know that I didn’t like it and asked them to use “That stinks” instead. Generally, they respected my request–they thought I was a bit quaint, and most of them seemed to find this old-fashioned preference of mine to be endearing. If they slipped and said it, I usually just raised an eyebrow at them and they quickly grinned and apologized. You see, I took it upon myself to teach them a tiny bit about learning to moderate their word choice and tone for different environments and audiences. As an English teacher, I considered all aspects of written and spoken communication to be part of my venue.

I myself use “That sucks” in my casual conversation. But I would never use it in a classroom environment. I just don’t consider it to be appropriate. Personal preference, that’s all.

aero on September 1, 2007 at 4:49 PM

I’ve already said I want the CIA ops/dirty trick division to snap that kid up. Creativity, hard work, pscyhological insight…

If in five years we suddenly see the Revolutionary Guard holding up banners that mysteriously spell out THE MAHDI IS A FALSE PROPHET AND ISRAEL ISN”T REALLY THAT BAD, we’ll know who to thank.

see-dubya on September 1, 2007 at 4:50 PM

aero–for classroom order, especially English, I agree with you two hundred percent. You gotta learn them to talk good.

Sporting event? I don’t see this as outraging standards of sportsmanship or civility.

see-dubya on September 1, 2007 at 4:52 PM

if I were an administrator at one of those schools, I think I might ban….

aero on September 1, 2007 at 4:39 PM

Good grief. With this kind of ridiculous authoritarianism it’s no wonder our school are so messed up.

infidel4life on September 1, 2007 at 4:57 PM

Why? That is your hangup, don’t make it theirs. This is a ball game, they are adults, not children, pranks are as American and traditional as apple pie and Betty Grable pin-up girls. It’s all-American. And right now at this junction in American history, we need as much all-American activity as possible, not the heavy thumb of some PC prude librarian.

jihadwatcher on September 1, 2007 at 5:01 PM

lowandslow on September 1, 2007 at 4:16 PM

Good question. What a bunch of killjoys. I guess they don’t want any “escalation.”

Theworldisnotenough on September 1, 2007 at 5:16 PM

Wow. Didn’t mean to make myself the poster child for “authoritarianism” in our schools. I was just hypothesizing about what those school administrators might (I stress “might”) have found objectionable about the prank. I did not say I agreed with the disciplinary action against the pranksters, just that I can see how failing to do some small wrist-slapping might indeed lead to escalation and a further degradation of public discourse. As a person not in a position of authority over those pranksters, I would simply roll my eyes and think kids will be kids. But if it were my responsibility to promote civility and order during school sporting events, I might lightly slap a couple of wrists just to make a point. That’s all.

aero on September 1, 2007 at 5:27 PM

Yea that was done in town here. Hillard is a west side Columbus Oh. suburb. Funny considering how panache that it has become. When we first moved here it was nothing more than a farming community. Now Whoo Hoo. The penalty was way over the line. But it is all PC now.

mjkazee on September 1, 2007 at 5:27 PM

Why? That is your hangup, don’t make it theirs.

jihadwatcher on September 1, 2007 at 5:01 PM

I’m sure that’s what they’ll tell their bosses now that they’re out in the real world working for people with silly “hangups” about dressing and speaking appropriately in whatever work environment they find themselves. I like to think perhaps I taught a few kids a life skill that will stand them in good stead in their adult lives–that is, knowing how to moderate one’s comportment to suit a particular environment or the expectations of a person in authority. If you have a boss that doesn’t like foul language on the job, you’d better not use it at the office or you’ll find yourself unemployed and looking for a job where they don’t mind you using whatever language you like. You can’t tell that boss it’s “her hangup” and she shouldn’t impose it on you. If she signs your checks, she absolutely can! Same with teachers. It’s just a small token of respect to honor teachers’ requests of this kind, don’t you think? My students humored me because they respected me and did not want to offend me. Simple stuff, really.

FYI, when I was a teacher, I was considered one of the more laid-back “cool” teachers in the school. I taught English in a relatively unconventional way and offered my students a great deal of respect in return for their respectful behavior toward me. I had high expectations, and they generally rose to meet them. I enjoyed teaching and I was good at it–I just couldn’t afford to keep doing it!

aero on September 1, 2007 at 5:41 PM

lowandslow

But but…it could have hurt their feelings!

*sniffle*

Benaiah on September 1, 2007 at 5:44 PM

How does a high school get such a PLU$H $tadium?

dm60462 on September 1, 2007 at 5:47 PM

…it’s no wonder our school are so messed up.

infidel4life on September 1, 2007 at 4:57 PM

I guarantee you it’s not because of teachers like me that the schools are so messed up. More likely it’s because teachers like me quit the profession, like I did, leaving the public schools to be dominated by liberal touchy-feely hacks who don’t “judge” anything the students do or say and promote mediocrity through socialistic policies. You should pray for more teachers like me.

aero on September 1, 2007 at 6:02 PM

Old trick……remember how GW pulled that one on Gore in 00?

Limerick on September 1, 2007 at 6:55 PM

How does a high school get such a PLU$H $tadium?

The game was played in Crew Stadium, home of the MSL Columbus Crew.

balderdash on September 1, 2007 at 7:42 PM

pwned!

Tim Burton on September 1, 2007 at 9:26 PM

Next year, have the other school unknowingly hold up cards that spell out “We’re Libtards!” They will never recover from such a devastating slam…….

Mallard T. Drake on September 2, 2007 at 2:19 AM

The pranksters were being ec-conscious. Having them spell out “We Aren’t Very Good At Football” would have taken far too much paper.

Does anyone recall the hubbub over the premier episode of the short-lived TV sitcom version of “Uncle Buck.” The opening line, as delivered by one of Buck’s young charges, was “That sucks!” TV critics decried it as the decline of civilization itself. My, how times have changed.

Captain Scarlet on September 2, 2007 at 6:08 AM

Awesome, well thought out prank. This kid will do well in the future. Meanwhile some other kid from that school needs to kick his butt.

peacenprosperity on September 2, 2007 at 8:20 AM

Aero, there’s no such thing as a “cool” teacher. They just think they’re cool.

Coronagold on September 2, 2007 at 9:07 AM

Focus.

The younger generation is getting smarter and smarter every year they stay in school keep up the great work.

These are seniors in high school and they are being punished for pulling off an elaborate prank that Colleges such as MIT, CAL Tech, and many fraternities have been carrying out for years.

Let’s chill a bit, and look at how much intelligence, effort and ingenuity it took to pull off. Those who are claiming they were offended are just showing their ego was bruised and they should get over themselves.

MSGTAS on September 2, 2007 at 9:54 AM

I hope the pranksters have learned their lesson and next time they limit themselves to dip a crucifix in urine or else!

Ropera on September 3, 2007 at 6:23 AM