Geraldo: I’d spit on Michelle if I saw her

posted at 12:06 pm on September 1, 2007 by Allahpundit

Perfect. Now I want you to go watch this clip from Cavuto’s show last week; skip ahead to the middle to hear him whine about how “this kind of personal, kind of gutter rhetoric is the product of this hate campaign directed against illegal aliens.” I wonder if that segment was taped before or after he was relaying his fantasy about spitting on my boss to a Globe reporter.

Let’s get something straight, mustache. No one, no one is more vicious in demonizing its opponents than the open borders crowd, be it the bottom feeders at the Journal who toss around the word “nativist” because we won’t indulge them their desire for quasi-slave labor to our friend KP who reduces the anti-amnesty position to some primitive racist impulse stemming from fear of brown people all the way up to you, now so sick with your own fake virtue that you’re talking openly about a form of assault. Every time you or your pals complain from now on about “hate,” I’m going to be here with this quote. You’ll never live it down.

Here’s another clip, from April 13 of this year. Skip ahead to the middle. What happened, champ? Had dry mouth that night?

Update: Actually, don’t skip ahead to the middle. Skip ahead to about 40% in, when Geraldo unloads on the Black Panther who called Michelle a “whore” on the Factor the week before. He’s a “bully” and a “creep” for having said so, declareth our chivalrous hero — four months before threatening to use her as a spittoon.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Time to let Fox know, by a letter writing campaign, that this vile person needs to be taken off the air. If he has them in an ironclad contract, give him a desk with a phone unplugged from the wall, and tell him his job is to answer it if it rings. Then decline to renew, or renegotiate his contract.

Texas Nick 77 on September 2, 2007 at 1:04 AM

Geraldo is looking for attention, as he always has been. I still don’t know why Fox didn’t fire him 4 years ago.
Pablo on September 1, 2007 at 11:29 PM

Hey Whore-aldo, Michelle would KICK YOUR ASS, little girl!…LOL

Remember Whore-aldo, we’ve seen you “fight” and you lost both times, you pathetic coward.

Keith_Z on September 2, 2007 at 1:08 AM

If I were in a management position at Fox News, I’d call Gerald up and ask him if he actually said this stuff. If he says he didn’t, then I’d ask if the reporter had a tape recorder or witnesses. If the reporter’s lying, we’ll find out in the lawsuit, but if you’re lying, we’ll find that out too. And if I find out you’re lying to me, you’ll be terminated. So this is your last chance to change your story and not be fired….

OK. Now that you’ve admitted that you really did say it. If you ever want to be on this network again, you need to repudiate those words. You need to say that you never should have threatened to spit on a co-worker, and that you won’t do anything like that again. You need to say it in front of a camera with tape rolling, and I need to like how you say it, and believe you mean it. Then I’ll put your apology on our website, along with the announcement that you’re ONLY being suspended for a month.

But in the meantime, you don’t get to say a word on this network, because we don’t allow our employees to threaten to assault each other physically. That would be too much like creating a hostile environment.

The Monster on September 2, 2007 at 1:44 AM

Michelle Malkin is the most vile, hateful commentator I’ve ever met in my life. She actually believes that neighbors should start snitching out neighbors, and we should be deporting people. It’s good she’s in D.C. and I’m in New York. I’d spit on her if I saw her.Geraldo Rivera – during Boston Globe interview, September 1, 2007

Really Geraldo, its Michelle that’s full of hate ? That’s strange because I’ve never heard Michelle say that she wanted to spit on anyone.

Maxx on September 2, 2007 at 2:05 AM

Wonder how many emails FOX has received about Gealdo’s disgusting remarks? He threatens another employee of FOX, can’t think that any Corp. would allow this to go without some sort of censure.

calgrammy on September 2, 2007 at 2:43 AM

If Geraldo is not challenged on this statement while on the air at Fox, then there is something drastically wrong at Fox.

Maxx on September 2, 2007 at 2:57 AM

Michelle: Geraldo, you’re the crudest man I’ve ever met.
Geraldo: I’m very impressed with myself, too.

Esteban: You naughty, evil Geraldo! I’m going to do such terrible things to you!

Ramon Vega: Two bits, four bits, six bits, a peso. All for deporting Geraldo, stand up and say so!

MB4 on September 2, 2007 at 3:09 AM

he’s an endless source of material.

There’s always Shillary. That’s a lame excuse to not take him out with choice civilized words.

I tapped my foot 3 times, the signal…. to find out if someone’s a closet conservative – see-dubya at 1:19 PM

Bahwahwahwah!!! With the funnies thrown in through these comment threads, it’s easy to see why one gets addicted to HA.

Let me tell you Buddy, until these people are held to the standards they hold us to, we’re going to continue to be treated like mushrooms crap – TheBigOldDog at 2:19 PM

So well said. AP tried in this blog but fell short.

I’m not sure why I’m getting static on this very simple point,…vast majority of you guys already respect and observe. Just try to keep things basically civil. Allahpundit at 2:38 PM

It’s precisely because we are decent that you are getting this surprise static. We value our guest status that much….I’m wondering if maybe you are brooding over this subject too much?

Geraldo can face Afghan poppy growers but he can’t face Michelle? Speakup at 2:48 PM

So here is Geraldo’s medicine:
On the Factor, hosted by either Bill O’ himself or Michelle… (Or a blog here at HA if Fox refuses to run this).

In the “Policing the media segment” tonight;

Geraldo Rivera in an article in the Boston Globe was quoted as saying: Michelle Malkin is the most vile, hateful commentator I’ve ever met in my life,” he says. “She actually believes that neighbors should start snitching out neighbors, and we should be deporting people.

“It’s good she’s in D.C. and I’m in New York,” Rivera sneers. “I’d spit on her if I saw her.”

Now why on earth would he say this?
Well we believe it’s because Geraldo has a very special and unique sickness in his gray matter when confronted by women, especially, by women who are honest, articulate, shorter and smarter than he is.
Since he himself is only 5’9″ tall he is really threatened by the intrinsic power that oozes out of congruent and beautiful women. He simply has never been able to connect with women unlike the trendy chameleon that he is.
The neurons in Geraldo’s chauvinistic male brain do not calculate the immense value God has given women, as being an equally valuable spiritual, social, emotional, physical, and sexual human being.

The disrespect that Geraldo has shown to women has been numerous: he exposed some of his conquests in his autobiography. Among the women that were very hurt when he exposed them are: Bette Midler, Liza Minnelli, Judy Collins, Chris Evert, Margaret Trudeau, Marion Javits, (or let’s just say six (6) very well known women in the popular culture and at least 1000 other women (this is no joke!): His bio is available on Amazon for as low as $0.01 penny) easily the lowest priced and one of the most disgusting books ever printed.

This neurotic misfiring of Geraldo’s brain cells most likely can be traced back to when he was in his mother’s womb. We strongly recommend that he makes an appointment with a competent psychiatrist, el quicko.
Something is definitely very wrong with Geraldo’s self-esteem, self-confidence, and his manhood. And as such we believe Geraldo’s disease is so severe that this doctor he needs to see better be very competent.

“With us now is Geraldo Rivera himself…
[camera pans over to the mustache]
Geraldo what say you?

Note to Michelle/HA: of course you are more than welcome to use this script in full or part, edited or unedited.

Thanks for this lethargic experience called HotAir.

Mcguyver on September 2, 2007 at 3:12 AM

Geraldo: Is your blade as sharp as your tongue?
Michelle: Is yours as dull repulisve as your wit spit?

MB4 on September 2, 2007 at 3:31 AM

Late too the debate here, but yay Michelle! You must really be under his skin for him to say something about that. Just last week he didn’t want to name you by name. Now he’s ‘spitting’ on you.

WOW, just WOW! you could get some mileage out of this one. The mustache is really pushing his luck and doesn’t seem to gain anything for going on this offensive.

Keep doing what you are doing Michelle. He wouldn’t care if you weren’t right!

ThackerAgency on September 2, 2007 at 3:55 AM

Well – Fox will hear from me. This idiot leftist has to go, and I mean NOW. Otherwise, FOX News will have ZERO credibility or reputation left.

Ron C on September 2, 2007 at 6:15 AM

Montana on September 1, 2007 at 12:30 PM et. al.:

Right on-Geraldo is starting to take on the persona of Rosie.

This is from a person that maps out our positions and tactics in the sand, still does not know where Jimmy Hoffa is, and was booted from mainstream media due to his racist remarks that the left could not even take him.

His ego is so hyped that he has forgotten that there are other people in the world and that love of him does not make the world go around it is centrifugal force.

MSGTAS on September 2, 2007 at 10:10 AM

…there are always a few commenters who go too far. Wouldn’t surprise me at all to find that someone has said in a previous Geraldo thread, “I spit on him.” The volume of comments is such that some bad apples will always sneak through.

Allahpundit on September 1, 2007 at 2:06 PM

Ah, That would have been me. I said almost the exact same thing as he did on 8/22. My shame knows no bounds right now thinking that I may have been partly responsible for Geraldo’s transgression. I am not excusing him either, however…

…The purpose of the site isn’t to promote and help MM. Neither is the purpose of the site to make her life harder by providing a platform for occasional nutjobs to indulge their fantasies of nuking Mecca or wishing death upon the liberal hate object of the day. I’m not sure why I’m getting static on this very simple point, which the vast vast vast majority of you guys already respect and observe. Just try to keep things basically civil.

Allahpundit on September 1, 2007 at 2:38 PM

My transgression was not meant to harm MM’s arguement, but to stand up to the intellectually challanged bully Geraldo. I understand now how I actually may have affected the debate by my remarks.

I hearby accept any punishment, criticism, or even banishment from this site. I will always try to remember that…

…The solution is for the more excitable among you to show a little courtesy and gratitude for being provided a free platform to watch what you say before you say it. If you all like Michelle as much as you profess to, it’s literally the least you can do.

Allahpundit on September 1, 2007 at 1:55 PM

I seriously hope that I am allowed to redeem myself.

With all of that having been said, please allow me to say this.

Geraldo, if you or your help are scanning this sight for these types of comments, know this…you may get the first shot at Michelle but she (and all of us) will get the last laugh. You will look like the fool and it will do you no good to try to argue your points any further.

Take my advice. Apologize and offer restitution. If you know shame, as I do, then you may come out better for it.

So, can anyone offer a good recipe for crow?

JohnnyD on September 2, 2007 at 10:14 AM

Tell Michelle to just punch this little sissy girly man in the nose! He will squeal like a school girl and that will be the end of the confrontation…

sabbott on September 2, 2007 at 10:17 AM

His own medicine in his words linked here:

Quoted by Geraldo himself:
“I am a chaser. If you are running, I won’t stop and ask why, I will catch now, ask questions later. That’s how you get to the bottom of a situation, by the element of surprise. I have ‘surprised’ many”.

That’s the reason for the surprise interview like I scripted in a previous comment above – at 3:12 A.M.

He needs and deserves his own medicine.

Mcguyver on September 2, 2007 at 10:56 AM

Is it just possible that this outburst was really planned by Geraldo to prompt his firing by Fox?

Then he would be free to arrange employment at a network more in alignment with his liberal, self-righteous positions. From his new venue he could pump out his venom with the actual support of his employer, and declare that he was censored by the right wing who are afraid of the truth.

I say let Fox hold him to the terms of any contract and allow him to be used by other hosts at their discretion to drive home the vacuousness of the liberal position on so many topics. They may need to grant MM and others the right to use a mute button on him – but have a transcriptionist type his non-stop rhetoric over his on-screen image. I believe that seeing his diatribes in B&W would just emphasize how delusional he is.

in_awe on September 2, 2007 at 12:53 PM

I don’t see how geraldo can get any ratings. It’s bizarre that he is fox’s token democrat when there are several out there I’m sure that could fill his spot that are less vile.

How dare him say that to a reporter about Michelle and he has the nerve to tell Michelle that she is a racist when she is using proper dialogue for debate?

He really is a scary guy.

Highrise on September 2, 2007 at 2:01 PM

And Geraldo’s theme song is. . .

Drum roll please.

“With a spittle bit of luck”

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on September 2, 2007 at 2:36 PM

Dear Allah,

Can you answer this question? Has Geraldo ever been charged with carrying a concealed loogie?

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on September 2, 2007 at 2:45 PM

Look out Rivera! You’re talking about one of our favorite and most beloved heroes. I’ve respectfully disagreed with you in the past, but now you are personally treading on thin ice, buddy!

Joshua P. Allem on September 2, 2007 at 3:01 PM

Okay. first he demands an apology.
Then he cringes, Now it’s spitting.
Is he trying out for a job with Vince McMahon?

PowWow on September 2, 2007 at 3:19 PM

I’m so sick of Geraldo and his uppity “I’ve covered everything” mentality. He tries to come across calm & cool but only seems to “lose it” over the immigration debate. I get upset every time I see him on O’Reilly, who actually campaigned for Mustache’s ratings prior to his ridiculous show airing.
He owes multitudes of apologies, beginning with Michelle. He wants so desperately to be associated with the ranks of civil rights leaders, equating his cause to that of Martin Luther King Jr.; but at what cost? I wish FOXnews would pull the plug on his show. He needs a wake up call. If he can chastise radio talk show hosts who “spit out” hate speech, then he should have the integrity (not a chance) or at least the sensibility to keep his own trap shut with the same “compassion” for others. Shmuck.

nationspatriotcom on September 2, 2007 at 3:46 PM

If Geraldo carries out his threat, will he be arrested for “loog and disorderly conduct”?

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on September 2, 2007 at 4:05 PM

I’m sorry, Geraldo, what did you say? I was looking at listening to Michelle.

Lawrence on September 2, 2007 at 6:33 PM

I knew it. HE was the second spitter!

johnnyU on September 2, 2007 at 8:02 PM

Whoraldo’s mustache gives me the willies.
But I guess it take’s your attention away from his gargantuan schnoz.

TheSitRep on September 2, 2007 at 8:50 PM

Someone is losing market share to Michelle…and he doesn’t like it. Sounds like Fox may be making a move, and Geraldo doesn’t like what the rumors are.

right2bright on September 2, 2007 at 9:39 PM

I smacka his nose

Chuck on September 2, 2007 at 10:08 PM

Here is what I wrote Geraldo tonight:

Date: Sep 2, 2007 11:37 PM
Subject: dirt bag
To: geraldo@foxnews.com

The fact that you said you would spit on Michelle makes you a freaking DIRT BAG.

You are a disgusting journalist and owe Michelle an apology.

You are not a freaking man. You are a dirt bag. Real men don’t spit on women.

Fuck you.

rightwingnutjob on September 3, 2007 at 12:08 AM

The Boston Globe carefully omitted what Geraldo had to say about his morals in his book “Exposing Myself”. Geraldo brags about having an affair with Marian Javits, the married wife of Senator Jacob Javits. Geraldo seemed to think it was quite macho of him that he was willing to sleep with Mrs. Javits practically within shouting distance of Senator Javits. Jacob Javits happened to be one of the most decent and honorable men ever to grace the US Senate. Yet Geraldo thought nothing of having an affair with the wife of Senator Javits and then brag about about it to the world. He did not care that Marian Javits did not want the affair to be publicized. That says all one needs to know about Geraldo Rivera’s decency and honor. Geraldo Rivera also bragged about his alleged affair with tennis star Chris Evert. The dignified Evert said that she never had an affair with Rivera and that she never slept with Rivera. That didn’t stop Rivera from repeating the tall tale and he did not care less that Chris Evert did not want her name to be tied to Mr. Rivera. Naturally, the Globe did not bother to ask Rivera why he was willing to wreck the Javits’ marriage and to lie about Chris Evert.
Toward the end of the book Mr. Rivera brags about how he boarded an airplane to Las Vegas and a stewardess immediately was infatuated with him and when the airplane landed in Vegas, they headed to a hotel for a session of sexual activity. Then Geraldo brags that he left town never to see the stewardess again. Only a high school sophomore would brag about this. Please Geraldo, grow up!

Larraby on September 3, 2007 at 1:04 AM

Geraldo: The Gob father of news.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on September 3, 2007 at 3:23 AM

Jerry Rivers is a P-I-G!

Ex-tex on September 3, 2007 at 10:36 AM

Methinks he wouldn’t pull this stunt in front of Mr. Malkin.

Regardless, I’ve lost any respect I once had for this tool.

Malpaso on September 3, 2007 at 1:44 PM

I know everyone else has put in their two cents worth, but I just want to say that, apart from being childish, the comment was highly unprofessional.

In addition, in an idiom Mr. Rivera may better appreciate, “Que ordinario!”

Blaise on September 3, 2007 at 1:56 PM

Here is what I wrote Geraldo tonight:

Date: Sep 2, 2007 11:37 PM
Subject: dirt bag
To: geraldo@foxnews.com

You are a disgusting journalist and owe Michelle an apology.

You are not a freaking man. You are a dirt bag. Real men don’t spit on women.

Fuck you.

rightwingnutjob on September 3, 2007 at 12:08 AM

Geraldo is a race-baiting lothario. You don’t need to share his stench by using such language. This man rules the gutter; no need to join him.

***

Jerry Rivers is a P-I-G!

Ex-tex on September 3, 2007 at 10:36 AM

Also repeating an oft-refuted urban legend does not help. Hot Air is actually showing up on the first page of certain Google searches containing the term “Jerry Rivers.”

The Race Card on September 3, 2007 at 2:05 PM

Crud for brains. When Jerry spits, it’s not spit…it’s sh*t.

MM is an intelligent, polished, beautiful woman and I am waiting for Fox to wise-up: The Malkin Factor. O’Really is getting a little worn…

saved on September 3, 2007 at 5:23 PM

In honor of Geraldo’s outrageous behavior I have honored him over at my site http://www.gatorsense.com/id2.html

Gatordoug on September 3, 2007 at 8:38 PM

Hmmm….

First, let me say to Geraldo that for your comment about wanting to spit on Michelle tells me just about all I need to know about how far you are willing to go over the edge in your reconquistador philosopy. La Raza must be proud of you. What next… commercials about new residentals communities being built in Aztalan and how we should buy now before all the lots are purchased (you know, the type of commercials that Eric Estadra is doing and what Red Buttons used to do?) You certainly have fallen since your days of doing exposes like Willowbrook. But, then again, you are used to getting your way with just about everything, aren’t you? You have had your way with women (hence thinking you can get away with wanting to spit on Michelle), drawing a map of troop movements while live on TV (the enemy must have enjoyed that one-and yes, I know the troops love you), and you basically get away with all that stuff. And now, you want to spit on Michelle?

What remaining respect and liking for you has totally been excorcised from me. From now on, you are GERRY RIVERS whenever I post on you. I have drawn your image on toilet paper (you can guess the rest).

You want to disagree with Michelle? Fine! Not a problem. Many of us here do not always agree with here.

This just demonstrates the frustration and desparation that GERRY is feeling right now. The problem with GERRY is that his fame is more valuable to him then objective reporting. GERRY tried to bully Michelle in that immigration debate, and Michelle verbally bit his “gum” balls off. And she will do it again and again.

I think it is time for MISTER Malkin to contact GERRY and lay down the law (immigration law and otherwise)about being more respectful to Michelle and one more comment about spitting on her will bring down a rain of trouble for GERRY. You should let him, Michelle, because GERRY is frustrated, desparate, and now embarrased that you stood up to him…he is not used to that.

And finally, GERRY, you made this statement:

Well, I would rather have Michelle here in New York, and YOU in D.C.

The False Dervish on September 4, 2007 at 9:30 AM

AP,

Here’s an argument on the “higher ground” for you:

Geral-DOH, by stating he’d spit on MM, just threatened to commit assault & battery.

In many states, this is a felony with 10 years attached for the first offense (many times probation, but not always, and a fine and anger management classes).

The courts don’t usually f* around with this one. And with the threat on tape, well…you do the math.

You’d think Geral-DOH would have stayed awake for this topic in law school, given his work choices.

Miss_Anthrope on September 4, 2007 at 9:45 AM

…to our friend KP who reduces the anti-amnesty position to some primitive racist impulse stemming from fear of brown people…
Uh, no friend of mine does that.
Just curious, how many women in this blog like KP?

Maybe Goraldo can offer his expertise the next time HRC fans have to share a venue with the military.

Christine on September 4, 2007 at 10:25 AM

Not surprising…since illegals spit on “legal folks” all the
time by crossing our borders and cutting in front of the line
to live here.

Michelle should get pepper spray and defend herself.

dec5 on September 4, 2007 at 12:22 PM

Gatordoug on September 3, 2007 at 8:38 PM

Cool, but please check your spelling over there.

RushBaby on September 4, 2007 at 1:25 PM

The Ballad of Geraldo: Spit tune.

Geraldo Attacks: Gobzilla.

James Earl Jones: Darth Vader; Geraldo Rivera: Salivator.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on September 4, 2007 at 4:39 PM

It’s obvious that Geraldo thinks he’s some sort of ladies man. MM doesn’t fall down and worship at his feet and that bruises his ego. Then, she has the unmitigated gall to call him out for his open borders pro shamnesty shilling.

MM……1