Video: Dave’s got a fee-vah and the only prescription is more pantsuits

posted at 2:03 pm on August 31, 2007 by Allahpundit

Cute, plus it’s Friday, plus there’s a gratuitous joke about “The View,” which pretty much forces the big A’s hand. I’ll never get used to the idea of Hillary engaging in friendly banter but she takes a reasonably convincing stab at it here. Who knows? Maybe she’s just a big friendly grandma in person. In a pantsuit and shoulder pads, of course.

Comments

She’s so out of touch. Empenadas are the new cupcake.

RushBaby on August 31, 2007 at 2:08 PM

I wonder does it show where she said she would Consider bill as a VP candidate ?

William Amos on August 31, 2007 at 2:09 PM

If Hillary develops a sense of humor, we’re doomed.

John from OPFOR on August 31, 2007 at 2:09 PM

If Hillary develops a sense of humor, we’re doomed.

John from OPFOR on August 31, 2007 at 2:09 PM

Look at it this way. The seven-hour broadcasts out in the rice fields will at least be entertaining.

RushBaby on August 31, 2007 at 2:11 PM

Amazingly, I find a Rosie post more appealing!

JohnnyD on August 31, 2007 at 2:12 PM

what the hell was up with that hanky in her pocket?

manly much?

BobH on August 31, 2007 at 2:12 PM

If Hillary develops a sense of humor, we’re doomed.

John from OPFOR on August 31, 2007 at 2:09 PM

The joke would be on the american people

William Amos on August 31, 2007 at 2:12 PM

I actually laughed at the Top10. If she can come across like that in the general election the Republican candidate could be in some real trouble.

BadgerHawk on August 31, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Actually, I thought she was kind of funny.

Babs on August 31, 2007 at 2:16 PM

Of course, that brown pantsuit looked like crap. Did you see how the button divided her body making it look like her breasts were saging and her stomach was huge?

Babs on August 31, 2007 at 2:17 PM

Let me state right up front that Hillary! as a president scares the hell out of me, but some of her top 10 promises were kind of funny.

Sue on August 31, 2007 at 2:18 PM

Actually, I thought she was kind of funny.

See, it’s already starting!

John from OPFOR on August 31, 2007 at 2:19 PM

BadgerHawk on August 31, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Really? I didn’t find that the least bit funny. But then, I’m a Python fan, must be a WHOLE diff’rnt kinda humor.

blech.

tickleddragon on August 31, 2007 at 2:19 PM

Actually, they think that that “one more pantsuit joke and Letterman disappears” comment is a joke.

It’s NOT. Eh, Vince?

tickleddragon on August 31, 2007 at 2:22 PM

Not funny. Her delivery is stilted, her voice grating. Last one could get her into trouble (remember Vince Foster!).

Snidely Whiplash on August 31, 2007 at 2:22 PM

PLease tell another pants suit joke Letterman!!!!

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 31, 2007 at 2:22 PM

Anyone who suggests Bill being VP and isn’t making an obvious joke, is an idiot. Bill can’t be VP. Neither can Dubya. If you don’t understand why, you have no business commenting on elections. Hint: It’s in the Constitution.

The Monster on August 31, 2007 at 2:24 PM

The Monster on August 31, 2007 at 2:24 PM

Question:
Assuming Karl Rove is successful in resurrecting Ronald Reagan and can regenerate his brain, could we put him (RR) on the ticket?

Kai on August 31, 2007 at 2:30 PM

William Amos on August 31, 2007 at 2:09 PM

That would break campaign promise #6. Bill as VP would mean her Vice President has already shot someone in on the face.

Ahem.

geckomon on August 31, 2007 at 2:31 PM

The Constitution only applies to Democrats (and the Clintons specifically) when it ALLOWS for something. Never when it prohibits or restrains something.

Get with the program, dude.

Editor on August 31, 2007 at 2:33 PM

The fact that I, an admitted “anyone but a Democrat (at least in this election)” conservative even found this remotely humorous, makes me nervous.
There’s nothing wrong with laughing at this; I did very embarrasingly while trying to hold back. I love comedy.
The fact that she had the platform and audience she did to pander to so much of her constituency is what I’m really worried about, especially coming off as, dare I say, “likeable”.

The bigger question in my mind is; How do we stop this Leftist Machine out to destroy the rest of us?

nationspatriotcom on August 31, 2007 at 2:34 PM

Hillary wearing an orange and blue pantsuit to celebrate the Mets? Come on Dave, everyone knows that she has always been a Yankees fan.

Bigfoot on August 31, 2007 at 2:35 PM

Cankles and Crusty.

Clown meets his Goddess.

Ugh. Can’t bear to watch.

fogw on August 31, 2007 at 2:35 PM

The Monster on August 31, 2007 at 2:24 PM

He doesn’t have to be VP. If she wins, he gets to be p/t President again. Hopefully enough people are horrified at that thought to prevent Hils from winning.

JiangxiDad on August 31, 2007 at 2:35 PM

Doesn’t Letterman’s staff write the Top Tens for guests?

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on August 31, 2007 at 2:36 PM

Hillary in Pantsuits = Butch. Sometimes those that need the most help are the last to realize it.

She is taking a page out of Algore’s playbook: trying to poke fun at her “image” to show what a regular gal she is. Still, it would take a team of chiropractors years to get the stiffness out of her.

Mallard T. Drake on August 31, 2007 at 2:37 PM

Ahem.

geckomon on August 31, 2007 at 2:31 PM

Missed that the first time. Too dang funny. Deserved repeating.

nationspatriotcom on August 31, 2007 at 2:38 PM

Why is everyone being so hateful? Hillary Clinton is obviously a very nice, likeable, and funny woman who exudes confidence and an earthy spontaneity.

Just ask the dozens of highly-paid Hollywood comedy writers, the TV show producers, the image consultants, the lighting director, the make-up artists, the hair stylists, the technical director, and the sympathetic TV host that prepared her for that carefully planned and executed segment… They’ll all agree about how wonderfully spontaneous Senator Clinton was. And if you don’t agree, you’re undoubtedly a sexist Nazi racist anti-immigrant homophobe BUSHHITLERIRAQCHENEYPATRIOTACTROVEKATRINA–

[Slap! Slap!]

Whoa, sorry. I guess I was having some kinda seizure just then.

ScottMcC on August 31, 2007 at 2:43 PM

Nothing like listening to a Top 10 list being read by a robot.

matd on August 31, 2007 at 2:43 PM

Ahem.

geckomon on August 31, 2007 at 2:31 PM

Funniest comment I read all week.
Thanks man.

AZ_Mike on August 31, 2007 at 2:46 PM

Turn Gitmo into a Dairy Queen? How about turning the CIA into an agency that only investigates spousal infidelity? Or convert the Pentagon into a hotel for big donors?

pedestrian on August 31, 2007 at 2:46 PM

I’m really disappointed in Hillary. She never was in any infamous secret college organization, which means we can’t blame her when national disasters strike like we can when it was Mr Bush’s turn at the “Skull and Bones Weather Machine” when Katrina rolled around. (Oddly enough, when it was Kerry’s turn at the SBWM, it quickly turned from a violent hurricane into gloomy overcast, due to the effectiveness of Kerry’s dullness!)

On second thought, maybe we can stick her in with the NWO crowd, although that conspiracy theory has lost its wonder. Then again, that may be a good indicator Hillary has become a full-fledged member. After all, it’s a little difficult to get serious conspiracy policy implemented with an icy breeze blowin’ in your midst.

Weebork on August 31, 2007 at 2:50 PM

It’s NOT. Eh, Vince?

tickleddragon on August 31, 2007 at 2:22 PM

Boy, did you steal my thunder with this one LOLOLOL

as for her VP? I heard they were clong karl Marx for the job

Joey1974 on August 31, 2007 at 2:50 PM

cloning sorry

Joey1974 on August 31, 2007 at 2:50 PM

Amazingly, I find a Rosie post more appealing!
JohnnyD on August 31, 2007 at 2:12 PM

And more amazing than that, Rosie looks thinner in a pants suit!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on August 31, 2007 at 2:57 PM

Once again, I have to tip my hat to her handlers. They’re doing an absolutely amazing job of making her seem human. Just didn’t think it was possible.

aero on August 31, 2007 at 3:05 PM

Ahem.

geckomon on August 31, 2007 at 2:31 PM

Best line here. Maybe you could write some stuff for Allahpundit. He needs help.

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 31, 2007 at 3:15 PM

I couldn’t watch. Just her shrill voice alone is too much for me (Right, Paaoooouuul!!!). That was a unpaid political announcement to the point of nausea.

Is Paul on hormone treatments or was he always that girly?

Hening on August 31, 2007 at 3:17 PM

Maybe you could write some stuff for Allahpundit. He needs help.

Keep insulting me, Andy. Your time with us is short.

Allahpundit on August 31, 2007 at 3:18 PM

Actually, I found it pretty appealing. God help me.

SouthernDem on August 31, 2007 at 3:21 PM

They’re doing an absolutely amazing job of making her seem human.
aero on August 31, 2007 at 3:05 PM

If by “human” you mean vinyl robot, man-thingy in a pantsuit, then yeah, they pulled it off great.

BobH on August 31, 2007 at 3:25 PM

Who knows? Maybe she’s just a big friendly grandma in person.

reminds me of this

crr6 on August 31, 2007 at 3:42 PM

I’m kind of glad she chooses to wear pantsuits. the alternative is less than appealing.

Bradky on August 31, 2007 at 3:51 PM

Babs on August 31, 2007 at 2:17 PM

Are we really going to fight our political battles this way? Other than Mitt, please name one Republican hopeful with a haircut that doesn’t scream dork. People, we will lose the superficial race every time.

What is obviously going to happen is that Hillary will sexy things up a little when she gets near the elections. All she has to do is slim up, get a little color, show some Clinton cleavage and BAM! You have your new President.

Any Republican who tries to attack her on the basis of her changed appearances will come off as shallow. Our sexual and social personae are already on shaky ground. Hillary has softened her edge and is making herself palatable.

By the time election rolls around Americans will feel guilty enough for not voting for the first black President, that voting for Hill will become very appealing.

Touche Turtle away!

The Race Card on August 31, 2007 at 3:53 PM

I’m done with Dave Letterman. Not just done with him, but he’s a lowlife in my mind. Just slightly better than Keith Olbermann.

Why, you ask?

He’s entitled to his opinions, and his political affiliations. I would not put him in the lowlife category just for that.

No, he descended into loser status in my eyes with his treatment of Bill O’Reilly last fall, when Bill appeared on the Late Show to promote Culture Warrior.

A day before the interview was scheduled to air, Letterman primed his audience for the airing by saying that he caught Bill O’Reilly lying on his show during his January 2006 appearance.

The word “lie” was never even mentioned in that interview. It was a shootout between Bill and Dave over, among other things, Cindy Sheehan. Letterman’s endless sympathy for her vs. O’Reilly refusing to let her off the hook for calling terrorists “freedom fighters”.

It’s one thing to vehemently disagree with someone. It’s one thing to stack your show with guests from the left, and make it clear that’s where your sympathies are.

It’s another thing to insult a guest behind their back. And to do so to an audience that will totally buy the charge that Bill lied, without even bothering to revisit the interview.

Letterman is a disgrace in my mind, with all the maturity of a second grader.

It’s a shame too, because I wanted to like him growing up. And I never like to feel this way about someone.

Jay Leno forever has my respect because he’s always been in it for the laughs, and would never, ever, do something like that to one of his guests. Period.

Hawkins1701 on August 31, 2007 at 3:53 PM

In a pantsuit and shoulder pads, of course.

In that first caption she looks like a doughnut trying to burst out of its suit. Kind of like Angela Merkel, for that matter. Not that looks mean anything substantive, except for when liberals focus on looks.

Entelechy on August 31, 2007 at 3:59 PM

Entelechy on August 31, 2007 at 3:59 PM

I don’t think she has any illusions about running on “sexy looks” but more as the “cool aunt” who smiles benignly at her nephews and nieces doing lots of decadent things.

Bradky on August 31, 2007 at 4:03 PM

#3 pulling over and asking for direction… sorry Bill already cornered the market on sticking a wet finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing. But its not news you do the same.

CaptainObvious on August 31, 2007 at 4:04 PM

When you’re trying to convince people to vote for you on a national level, it pays to be a decent actor. Unfortunately, she looked OK on the show. I actual laughed during both segments. That does not mean I like her or would even think of voting for her. But, I’m just saying her appearance on his show was a success for her campaign.

Zaire67 on August 31, 2007 at 4:14 PM

That was forced, contrived, and unfunny.

I’m glad she did this. It makes her look like the automaton she is.

csdeven on August 31, 2007 at 4:16 PM

Anybody commenting on other people’s looks should post their own photos for comparative scrutiny. Additionally all the guys should post photos of women they have slept with and/or hit on. Let’s see just how people’s standards align with their real lives.

The Race Card on August 31, 2007 at 4:17 PM

Zaire67 on August 31, 2007 at 4:14 PM

Your statement is far too logical and honest for this thread.

The Race Card on August 31, 2007 at 4:19 PM

But, I’m just saying her appearance on his show was a success for her campaign.

Zaire67 on August 31, 2007 at 4:14 PM

She has been getting better and I’d agree with your sentiments. After all she has one of the best pure politicians as a mentor.

Bradky on August 31, 2007 at 4:19 PM

Is it me, or does she look kinda, uh, mannish? In a unisex kinda way…

Has America ever elected anyone with such wide, wide hips? I think not.

Halley on August 31, 2007 at 4:29 PM

She just got herself and Bill audited with #8.

The IRS commissioner is NOT amused.

georgej on August 31, 2007 at 4:30 PM

best pure politician

The ability to lie with a smile on your face and have gullible people believe every word you say.

Not really something to be proud of, IMHO.

fogw on August 31, 2007 at 4:31 PM

fogw on August 31, 2007 at 4:31 PM

Proud has nothing to do with it.

Bradky on August 31, 2007 at 4:40 PM

I don’t know if it’s the confidence about all the people supporting her viability for the presidency, but there is definitely a new color on her: vulnerability.

Not necessarily that she is making herself out to be the victim, but more the actual ability to relax and be honest with an audience. I still don’t trust her one iota, but this could well be a very bad thing. Obama’s primary edge is that he comes across as sincere and genuine, where Hilldawg came across as ALWAYS reading from a script, even when she said the words “yes” or “no”. If that disappears…

Anyone else, by the way, roll their eyes at the fact that “Am I right, ladies?” was on the caption, but she tried to make it seem like she said it spontaneously?

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2007 at 4:46 PM

After all she has one of the best pure politicians as a mentor.

Bradky on August 31, 2007 at 4:19 PM

Sounds to me like you thought it was a feather in her cap.

fogw on August 31, 2007 at 4:53 PM

Sounds to me like you thought it was a feather in her cap.

fogw on August 31, 2007 at 4:53 PM

No, but many seem to be underestimating her badly. Not smart if you ask me.

Bradky on August 31, 2007 at 4:59 PM

The Race Card on August 31, 2007 at 3:53 PM

Fred! (Get it? He’s bald. Oh, nevermind.)

Mallard T. Drake on August 31, 2007 at 5:02 PM

No, but many seem to be underestimating her badly. Not smart if you ask me.

Bradky on August 31, 2007 at 4:59 PM

One thing we’re not underestimating is her ability to be as slick as Willie. Birds of a feather, ya know.

fogw on August 31, 2007 at 5:04 PM

fogw on August 31, 2007 at 5:04 PM

Not sure who “we” consists of but I have seen many, many comments that dismiss her as unelectable against any republican because of her negatives in polls.

Bradky on August 31, 2007 at 5:09 PM

Mallard T. Drake on August 31, 2007 at 5:02 PM

Fred is as cool as polar ice. But he is at that age where every day takes an incrementally more noticeable toll on his distinguished looks. I think side-by-side to Hillary, Fred looks a little tired.

Mitt’s jogging commercial probably gave his campaign a little boost of virility.

My point is that none of us will fare well to rely on such limiting demarcations. No matter what they look like when they arrive in the Oval Office, they all look beat down and battered when they leave.

The Race Card on August 31, 2007 at 5:14 PM

Bradky on August 31, 2007 at 5:09 PM

Who’s “we”?

Who doesn’t underestimate her ability to be as slick as Willie?

Uh … that would be EVERYONE.

fogw on August 31, 2007 at 5:15 PM

Bradky on August 31, 2007 at 5:09 PM

I can’t see any way a Republican is going to win in ’08. I can’t see any way Hillary is not going to win the Dem primary. I’m mentally preparing myself for the inevitable now. I hope someone has some serios, serious dirt on this woman because that could be our only hope at this point.

Zetterson on August 31, 2007 at 5:15 PM

My understanding is one cannot be elected to more than two presidential terms, but could serve beyond a second term via the line of succession. So Bill C. as veep may be possible.

mikeyboss on August 31, 2007 at 5:39 PM

Zetterson on August 31, 2007 at 5:15 PM

I disagree. If the GOP stays on point with issues and refrains from throwing dirt they are competitive. Fair or not when the GOP tries to throw dirt the wind blows it back.From what I’ve seen so far Rudy is the one who can best compete and pick up the moderate/independent vote. Maybe a bitter pill for the die hard base, but if one takes him at his word about his judicial picks and emphasis on states rights, he is a pretty good pick.

Bradky on August 31, 2007 at 5:48 PM

She’s definitely had some SERIOUS coaching… not to mention, she’s in about as friendly a place as she could be.

That said, she panders to the idiots in this country that think Gitmo is this horrible place (when in reality it’s better living than most of the inmates have ever experienced), by using a joke about turning it in to Dairy Queen… perhaps she’s unaware that they ALREADY SERVE ICE CREAM! (not joking, they really serve the terrorists ice cream, in edition to the elaborate meals and cookies)

RightWinged on August 31, 2007 at 5:59 PM

Hawkins1701 on August 31, 2007 at 3:53 PM

That’s why candidates announce their bid on Leno (not to mention the obvious ratings thing).

Letterman is a tool, his show has been tired since Chris Elliot left (man under the stairs, Fugitive Guy, etc.)

omnipotent on August 31, 2007 at 6:02 PM

Isn’t Letterman’s production company called “Worldwide Pants”?

He probably wrote that material for her.

Buy Danish on August 31, 2007 at 6:10 PM

D’uh @ 6:10. I forgot to watch the second video with the Top 10 list, which his team obviously wrote. I was referring to the first video with the cute walk down memory lane.

Buy Danish on August 31, 2007 at 6:20 PM

Finally, got to watch the 2 vids. NO, she’s not funny. She looks extremely tired, worn out and her voice, pitch, demeanor, attitude are classic snooty elitist Hillary. All the coaches in the world, and all the money, can’t change this iceberg into sunshine. Ain’t gonna work!

Bradky, you and I will bring this country together, yet, for the good of the extremes too :)

fogw, still the man! Only one thing, she’s waaaaay more dangerous than him, on top of being slick. She’s a blind idealistic socialist, and a female, conniving one, with payback on her misanthropic mind.

Zetterson, I say this with much love “pull yourself together”. America is still a good and fairly sane country, wishing to remain so for a bit longer. Today, our mutual ‘friend’ Peggy Noonan lost it too – everyone is entitled to do so now and then…but we must fight. And.Fight.We.Will.

Entelechy on August 31, 2007 at 6:46 PM

Considering it was coming from Bill’s wife, I bet Letterman was a little worried about #1. More than one person disappeared in Arkansas I’m told.

Ernest on August 31, 2007 at 7:06 PM

Ugh. Can’t bear to watch.

fogw on August 31, 2007 at 2:35 PM

Awww, come one, all of us are doing it and you’ll enjoy it too. It’s funny stuff; you’ll see, so just try it once and find out if you like it. Hillary isn’t half as bad as people have made her out to be, and not bad lookin’ either. [queue the Twilight Zone music]

FloatingRock on August 31, 2007 at 7:52 PM

Gross I can’t watch. Arsenio was cancelled… poor Hilary now you only get the left leaning audience you already had. =( I doubt her 7 appearances are putting a dent in the “Will not vote for Hilary” numbers.

Theworldisnotenough on August 31, 2007 at 8:34 PM

Entelechy on August 31, 2007 at 6:46 PM

It’s the 2 for 1 scenario that should scare the pants off of everyone.

fogw on August 31, 2007 at 8:46 PM

Has America ever elected anyone with such wide, wide hips? I think not.

Halley on August 31, 2007 at 4:29 PM

William Howard Taft, all 300+ pounds of him, maybe? But then, a man’s weight is distributed differently. More to the front than to the sides.

Bigfoot on August 31, 2007 at 9:10 PM

I’m not one to talk, but then again I’m not running for President. Good GOD how she fills that chair!

MsUnderestimated on August 31, 2007 at 9:24 PM

Well, she is looking horrid there. Fat, wrinkly, dressed like a man, sitting like a man, without a shred of femininity. I could never understand why the ones without the femininity were always the ones who were feminists. No wonder she has lesbian friends. Honestly, didn’t she look like Ellen DeGeneres sitting there? About as funny and unscripted, too.

No matter how hard she tries, either in her videos, or the Sopranos spoof, or in this appearance, she just can’t be herself and be personable at the same time – much less humorous. It’s awkward to watch her try to be personable when it is so forced and unnatural for her. It causes me to grimmace the same way I do when someone draws a metal leaf rake across a cement sidwalk.

jihadwatcher on August 31, 2007 at 10:19 PM

As others have said before, the only reason she has such a good chance of being elected is because she has the main stream media in her corner and they and Hollywood will do everything they can to present her in a positive light, while trying to totally destroy her Republican opposition. The top ten list was funny except for the Dick Chaney and Gitmo comments. She would have been better off keeping it totally neutral.

Rose on August 31, 2007 at 10:44 PM

Entelechy on August 31, 2007 at 6:46 PM

Entelechy, I’ll raise a toast to that!

Bradky on August 31, 2007 at 11:04 PM

N

othing like listening to a Top 10 list being read by a robot.

matd on August 31, 2007 at 2:43 PM

I thought her top ten delivery was terrible. I thought listening to Carter give speeches as president was boring (I skipped his speeches as often as possible), but if Hillary’s elected, all TV sets in the country will automatically shut down.

what the hell was up with that hanky in her pocket?

manly much?

BobH on August 31, 2007 at 2:12 PM

I think she’s worn it before with a bit of embroidery on it showing. It looked good then and was the only thing I liked in an earlier outfit. (I guess Hill’s got people trolling the blogs! :-) ) At the bottom of each video when they’re done, if you click on the picture of her with the blue star background, you will see the handkerchief fluffed out in a frilly, feminine way.

I don’t expect perfection of form or face, but a put together and professional look does say something about how you see yourself and the work that you want to do. She’s not someone’s grandma who has gone down to the grocery store. She wants to be president.

I’ll go back to Iron Maggie again as I did a few weeks back. Now she is not slim and svelte, but she is always immaculately groomed. Her appearance totally indicates that she is a serious, capable adult who will get things done.

Hillary looks like a slob.

INC on September 1, 2007 at 12:27 AM

The final sentence of the 12th Amendment:

But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

Although the 15th, 20th, 23rd, 24th, and 25th Amendments impinge upon the mechanism of electing Vice Presidents, none of them include language that could be construed to repeal this statement. The 22nd Amendment is what makes Bill ineligible to be President again, and because of the 12th, he is therefore ineligible to be Vice-President.

Unless your argument is that because the 22nd uses the word ‘elected’, and the 12th ‘eligible’, that a person could serve two full terms as President, then be elected Vice President under a dummy who takes the Oath of Office and immediately submits his resignation (possibly even having signed the resignation document before the Electors granted him this transient position), returning the previous President to office for another 4 years less a few moments, whereupon he gets the same stooge or another to allow him to stretch his reign again… I’m not sure that even “It depends on what the meaning of ‘is’ is” Clinton could pull that one off.

For those who have not actually read the Constitution, please STFU about things you don’t ‘understand’ until you get a Round Tuit

The Monster on September 1, 2007 at 12:38 AM

Thanks for that info, Monster. Here’s something from the Wikipedia entry on the 22nd Amendment:

While it is clear that under the Twelfth Amendment the original constitutional qualifications of age, citizenship, and residency apply to both the president and vice president, it is unclear if a two-term president could later be elected—or appointed—vice president. Some argue that the Twenty-second Amendment and Twelfth Amendment bar any two-term president from later serving as vice president as well as from succeeding to the presidency from any point in the United States Presidential line of succession. Others contend that while a two-term president is ineligible to be elected or appointed to the office of Vice President, he could succeed from a lower position in the line of succession which he is not excluded from holding. Others contend that the Twelfth Amendment concerns qualification for service, while the Twenty-second Amendment concerns qualifications for election. Neither theory has ever been tested, as no former president has ever sought the vice presidency, and thus, the courts have never had an opportunity to decide the question.

mikeyboss on September 1, 2007 at 1:51 AM

…a president who doesn’t mind pulling over and asking for directions…

Yea, that’s what I really want in a Commander in Chief in a time of war. Advice is one thing, but “I’m lo-o-o-st. Could someone please tell me where to go? I want to hear from you – let’s start a conversation…”

eeyore on September 1, 2007 at 2:34 AM

I chuckled at her pant suit comment but she really is hard to look at. She’s also hard to listen to.

I just don’t see it. Dems..if this is the best you got…you won’t be doing a thing in 08′.

Highrise on September 1, 2007 at 4:13 AM

mikeyboss on August 31, 2007 at 5:39 PM

I’ll defer to the other commenters on the constitutionality of the proposition, but would suggest from a practical view, Billy Jeff woudn’t be happy presiding over the Senate.

He longs for something bigger. Like UN Secretary General.

Nothin says P.I.M.P like international nookie.

Or a seat on the SCOTUS. Tho I think he may have…ahem…blown that chance when he temporarily surrendered his law license.

Scariest possibility to me. Attorney General.

But again, he past legal contretemps may preclude that scenario. We can only hope.

soundingboard on September 1, 2007 at 6:46 AM

I just want to know where the zipper is on her pantsuits, and which side the buttons on her shirts (blouses) are on? These send a signal far more subtle than tapping three times.

MSGTAS on September 1, 2007 at 10:34 AM

Haven’t watch Letterman in about a decade.

He’s as stale as bread found in a pyramid.

profitsbeard on September 1, 2007 at 11:50 AM

Hillary’s REAL Top 10 List:
1. Neuter Bill.
2. Take profits from evil oil companies and distribute to “deserving areas of the economy” (AKA -pork for friends in political positions to help grease future D votes).
3. Declare Gay Pride Day as December 25th.
4. Paint the White House beige.
5. Re-legalize transfats.
6. Appoint Markos “KOS” as UN ambassador.
7. Declare Mexicans and Muslims to be protected classes in immigration matters.
8. Learn Spanish.
9. Learn Arabic.
10. Come out.

I see either Rudy or both Mitt on ’08, because Hillary’s voice could etch radioactive glass, and people will mightily tire of it before the election.

profitsbeard on September 1, 2007 at 12:14 PM

She will get everyone to the polls..on both sides.

Legions on September 1, 2007 at 7:45 PM