Breaking: Tony Snow resigns effective September 14; Update: Press conference video added

posted at 11:55 am on August 31, 2007 by Allahpundit

Just across on Fox. Not a surprise; he told Hugh Hewitt a few weeks ago that it was coming, ostensibly because his paycheck isn’t enough to support his family in the manner they deserve but probably because he’s just exhausted from having to spin Bush’s crap.

This is the first recent defection I’m actually sorry about. We simply must nab him for Vent.

Update: To no one’s surprise, he’ll be replaced by Dana Perino.

Update: From last May, Tony talks about his cancer. This was before the recent recurrence. Skip ahead to three-quarters through.

Update: For the record, he insists his illness had nothing to do with his decision although he still has five tumors he’s treating with chemo.

Update: A few highlights from the presser. HuffPo commenters have already answered the bell.

Link: sevenload.com

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Another opening for Michelle.

roninacreage on August 31, 2007 at 11:59 AM

Another opening for Michelle.

You’ve got to be kidding.

We simply must nab him for Vent.

Yes, I want Tony! I don’t know if he’ll talk to us, though…

Michelle on August 31, 2007 at 12:01 PM

We simply must nab him for Vent.

If he’s in decent health. That’s probably a big part of why he’s resigning.

mram on August 31, 2007 at 12:02 PM

With his health condition he needs to make some serious bank for his family. I hope he gets all he deserves and then some. He’s one of the good guy for sure. It was sad though to see him spin the shamnesty bill.

roninacreage on August 31, 2007 at 12:02 PM

Yes, I want Tony! I don’t know if he’ll talk to us, though…

Why? Have we alienated him somehow?

Allahpundit on August 31, 2007 at 12:03 PM

To no one’s surprise, he’ll be replaced by Dana Perino.

Excellent.

…ostensibly because his paycheck isn’t enough to support his family in the manner they deserve…

Maybe as a man with children and a history of health problems, he is taking the long view trying to earn and save enough to secure their future should the worst happen.

Spirit of 1776 on August 31, 2007 at 12:03 PM

Certainly true.

Allahpundit on August 31, 2007 at 12:04 PM

Michelle, i’d just love to see you smack down David Gregory and Helen Thomas a few times. How about as an interim?

roninacreage on August 31, 2007 at 12:05 PM

God Bless and Keep you Tony. I hope you get back into the Press Room soon so you can badger some other poor schlock, just for the fun of it. Maybe they would give you Helen’s seat. Now that would be worth it, eh?

AP, I agree. You just got to bug the Boss to get him on a Vent. That would be a gem. Maybe she could entice him with an I-Phone? Just a thought…

JohnnyD on August 31, 2007 at 12:05 PM

Why? Have we alienated him somehow?

Allahpundit on August 31, 2007 at 12:03 PM

Is there anyone you havent alienated somehow??? Heh heh heh j/k…

doriangrey on August 31, 2007 at 12:05 PM

I hope Tony is doing allright. He looked kind of battered last time I saw him. Talk about grace under pressure, he is a special guy.

And Michelle, you are right. You have a good gig now and whitehouse spokesman would just get you all upset and stressed out. Jessie and your kids wouldn’t appreciate it either.

saiga on August 31, 2007 at 12:06 PM

Tony Snow made a real fan here.

p0s3r on August 31, 2007 at 12:08 PM

roninacreage on August 31, 2007 at 12:05 PM

While seeing her blast David Gregory and Helen Thomas a few times would be delicious I somehow suspect Michelle couldn’t force herself to carry water for anyone short of Jesus Christ even if she wanted to. It’s that honesty and integrity thing she has going…

doriangrey on August 31, 2007 at 12:08 PM

God Bless you Tony! Take care of yourself and your family. Maybe being a part of HotAir could be part of that :-) Wouldn’t that be cool?!

Ordinary1 on August 31, 2007 at 12:09 PM

Allahpundit on August 31, 2007 at 12:03 PM

My guess is on immigration.

You’ve got to be kidding.

Michelle on August 31, 2007 at 12:01 PM

Nope. I would pay to see behind that podium going after the media.

amerpundit on August 31, 2007 at 12:09 PM

It might be interesting to see what Michelle would say when it comes to the President pushing amnesty.

amerpundit on August 31, 2007 at 12:11 PM

carry water for anyone short of Jesus Christ

And even then, there are a few things I’m sure Michelle would want some clarification on.

yo on August 31, 2007 at 12:11 PM

Safe Journey, Tony Snow.

RushBaby on August 31, 2007 at 12:14 PM

I think Tony Snow was a class act.

I would LOVE to see MM take his place even if only for a day. She could tell it like it REALLY is with no spin. She could b!tch-slap Helen Thomas, Gregory, and a few others into oblivion. I would PAY to see that. LOL!

MM is a great blogger and has a wonderful gig. I would like to see her have her own show, even if only one nite a week. She is a welcomed voice of reality.

PoliticallyIncorrectSandy on August 31, 2007 at 12:14 PM

Good for him. I hate to see him go, but it’s for the best. (Leaving Laura as the only person left I really like…)

A Vent with him would be brilliant.

Tanya on August 31, 2007 at 12:14 PM

Another opening for Michelle.

roninacreage on August 31, 2007 at 11:59 AM

Are you kidding? I could see that now.

GB- Michelle, I need you to go out and sell this amnesty thing to the American people.

Michelle- Mister President, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR RABBIT ASSED MIND?

conservnut on August 31, 2007 at 12:18 PM

Have we alienated him somehow?

I hope not.

Michelle on August 31, 2007 at 12:19 PM

A Vent with him would be brilliant.

Tanya on August 31, 2007 at 12:14 PM

True that! I imagine we’ll see Tony back on TV and hear him back on the radio. It’ll be interesting to hear what he has to say about his time on the inside (if much). We may have to wait until Feb., 2009 or later for the full story.

Ordinary1 on August 31, 2007 at 12:21 PM

I don’t know if Tony will ever be willing to be truly honest about this experience as water carrier for GWB, but I imagine it’s been excrutiating in many ways for him. I can’t imagine wanting that job.

MT on August 31, 2007 at 12:21 PM

I hope not.

Michelle on August 31, 2007 at 12:19 PM

Hey Michelle, are you on “The Factor” tonight? If so, how cool would it be to have Snow on the show?!

Ordinary1 on August 31, 2007 at 12:23 PM

I , for one, would encourage the White House to hire Michelle. Her’s is a voice and an intellect the whole world needs to benefit from and not just the cable news and blog-o-sphere.

MNDavenotPC on August 31, 2007 at 12:24 PM

MT on August 31, 2007 at 12:21 PM

I would imagine that (out of respect) Tony will wait until Bush leaves office to truly spill the beans about what went on.

infidel4life on August 31, 2007 at 12:28 PM

He will definitely be missed.

That is….if he doesn’t return to his radio/ and TV analysis gigs.

If (and hopefully when) he does, I want to know all the inside info on what he REALLY thought about the shamnesty debacle.

One thing I didn’t like was hearing him get trashed by a local radio personality. Rick Roberts, talk show host for San Diego’s 760 KFMB AM, whom I normally am totally onboard with, said that the Bush administration was pulling a “Snow job” over us on immigration. Say what you will about the administration, but I didn’t like hearing Tony’s name dragged through the mud, when all he can do is essentially say what the President wants him to say.

I eagerly await his return to us.

Hawkins1701 on August 31, 2007 at 12:32 PM

He is not looking good. I think his medical situation is doubling up on him. I wish him God’s grace and hope he can overcome it but, being the press sec. for another 16 months is probably not in his best interest.

Babs on August 31, 2007 at 12:34 PM

infidel4life on August 31, 2007 at 12:28 PM

I don’t think he will even then, I get the impression that Tony is far too classy a guy to do that.

conservnut on August 31, 2007 at 12:36 PM

The HuffPo ghouls are really getting their jollies over this. Sick people.

JammieWearingFool on August 31, 2007 at 12:37 PM

Hot Air and PJM can afford a guy leaving a prominent White House gig because the pay is too low but can’t afford to supply AP with an iPhone?

Just kidding, though I’m not impressed with the excuse that the pay is too low to support his family- his salary was over $160,000 plus typically generous federal benefits.

Hollowpoint on August 31, 2007 at 12:38 PM

I eagerly await his return to us.

Hawkins1701 on August 31, 2007 at 12:32 PM

Yea, Rick pissed me off with that as well. Sadly Rick wasnt the only one who went with the Snowman cr@p, there were quite a few on both sides of the Ilse that took personal shots at Tony for doing his job. His job was to get the Bush administrations message out, not to get Tony Snow’s personal ideology out. We may never know what Tony’s personal opinions were, but personally I don’t care to hear them unless Tony feels comfortable discussing them. The man had a job to do and he did it very professionally and for that I respect him.

doriangrey on August 31, 2007 at 12:38 PM

Best of luck Mr. Snow.

Allah & Michelle, stay here with us….we NEED you!

Also, thanks for the preview button folks.

omnipotent on August 31, 2007 at 12:39 PM

A stress-free environment will aid in his recovery.

Get well Tony.

fogw on August 31, 2007 at 12:39 PM

infidel4life on August 31, 2007 at 12:28 PM

It will certainly be very interesting to hear what he has to say about serving at the pleasure of Bush re: shamnesty. Not to mention dealing with those mostly BDS-riddled vultures every day.

MT on August 31, 2007 at 12:40 PM

Hollowpoint on August 31, 2007 at 12:38 PM

Which was a pittance compared to what he was making over at Fox…

doriangrey on August 31, 2007 at 12:41 PM

Hollowpoint on August 31, 2007 at 12:38 PM

I don’t know what other matters are at play here, though. Cancer treatments, etc.

amerpundit on August 31, 2007 at 12:42 PM

Amen to that, Babs. My dad died from colon cancer a year ago and when I saw Tony on TV the other day the first thing that came to mind was, “Wow, he’s starting to look like Dad did when he started going downhill.” Hope that’s not the case.

Darth Cirrocu on August 31, 2007 at 12:44 PM

Michelle, I think Tony knows how important this website is to conservatives. I’d be willing to bet a simple telephone call from you to him would be enough to set up a time for an in-depth interview… I think he would enjoy doing an interview you for Hot Air.

Zorro on August 31, 2007 at 12:48 PM

Saw his briefing yesterday and the poor guy looks like hell, Im sure he could use a much needed break from the crap he’s forced to put up with.. He’ll come out better than ever though Im sure!

Viper1 on August 31, 2007 at 12:49 PM

I hope he’s ok, that’s a tough job for anyone, but especially for GWB.

I’d like to see Dennis Miller as a replacement though. What does W have to lose? I’d also like to see Bill Parcells answering questions from the esteemed Washington Press Corps.

reaganaut on August 31, 2007 at 12:51 PM

He’s a good man, and I wish him well. I’m sure that Fox News will accommodate him if he wishes to return to his old network.

Doug on August 31, 2007 at 12:52 PM

amerpundit on August 31, 2007 at 12:42 PM

No one would’ve questioned it had he decided to leave to concentrate on his recovery. Yes, he made significantly more money at Fox, but when you say that your $165,000 salary isn’t enough to support your family (most families get by on a fraction of that) you sound a bit materialistic and shallow. He knew what the salary was when he took the job.

Hollowpoint on August 31, 2007 at 1:03 PM

Now would be a good time for Tony to write a bestseller about his experiences, political and personal/medical/spiritual, and pile up some cash for his family’s future…college etc

With the best will in the world, he ain’t looking like he’s gonna be around to sip juleps in retirement.

Tragic misfortune for such a seemingly nice fella…terrible shame.

Ochlan on August 31, 2007 at 1:05 PM

Why? Have we alienated him somehow?
Allahpundit on August 31, 2007 at 12:03 PM

Toni Snowflake alienated himself on the Hugh Hewitt radio show by saying Michelle has said “some awful things about me that she knows aren’t true” transcript archived here:

HH: Now Michelle Malkin wrote this morning that your comments this morning were, “out of touch with reality,” because you’re happy talk here. Are you out of touch with reality on the prospects for this bill?

TS: No, look, Michelle has also attributed, said perfectly awful things about me that she knows aren’t true. The fact is that I’m not out of touch with reality. If you take a look at what’s going on in the Hill, it’s pretty clear that there are a lot of people with their sleeves rolled up, and who believe as you and Michelle and others do, that we’ve got a mess here, and you aren’t going to change the mess unless you change the law.

Michelle said awful things that aren’t true?!!

And then Toni goes on the Sean Hannity radio show and accuses Sean of being condescending when Sean was simply pointing out that he (Toni) was being condescending!!!

What happened to this Snowflake?

And the best part.. I’m leaving for last…. Toni Snowflake has raised the bar for family G-rated media spot programing archived here.

HH: I believe that, but I do believe it’s got to be changed from what it was last week, and radically so. And do you think folks like me who are willing to believe in regularization are going to be satisfied at the end of this, Tony Snow?

TS: Well, we’re going to have to…look, Hugh, I still have not figured out exactly where your G spot is. So…

HH: 3,000 miles an hour, Tony

I am always happy when the someone in government sets the record straight for what is a family program.

Toni Flake’s enduring legacy….

[sigh]

I thought I was headed out the door to get some work done…

Damn it, TONI SNOWFLAKE!!!

Mcguyver on August 31, 2007 at 1:13 PM

God be with you and your family Tony. Those among us that understand logic and reason appreciate your service.

swami on August 31, 2007 at 1:14 PM

swami,

you said it better than I could…I pray good thoughts for Tony and his family.

robo on August 31, 2007 at 1:17 PM

Regardless of what anyone says, I think Tony Snow’s a stand-up guy and wish him all the best!

As for Dana, OHG!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on August 31, 2007 at 1:21 PM

That’s OMG!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on August 31, 2007 at 1:22 PM

You’ve got to be kidding.

Michelle on August 31, 2007 at 12:01 PM

Why? Because you couldn’t shape your comments and press management to fit the President’s agenda? Or because you feel ill-fit, somehow, for the job?

I think you’d be great at it, and I think you’d be quite capable of managing the job on both counts. You’re well-qualified…and it would be great sport to watch you spar with the uniformly leftist ninnies in the chairs.

Jaibones on August 31, 2007 at 1:23 PM

Tony is one of my heroes.

He once did a Thanksgiving piece on Fox News Sunday (when he was the host) that was one of the most reverent and God-centered things I have ever heard on television.

I was concerned when he took this job that it might wear him out.

I hope I was wrong.

Be well Tony.

BobH on August 31, 2007 at 1:26 PM

Toni Flake’s enduring legacy….

[sigh]

I thought I was headed out the door to get some work done…

Damn it, TONI SNOWFLAKE!!!

Mcguyver on August 31, 2007 at 1:13 PM

Way to keep it positive, moron.

bernzright777 on August 31, 2007 at 1:26 PM

I’d like to see Dennis Miller as a replacement though.

reaganaut on August 31, 2007 at 12:51 PM

NOW that I’d like to see!

BobH on August 31, 2007 at 1:27 PM

Another opening for Michelle.

You’ve got to be kidding.

We simply must nab him for Vent.

Yes, I want Tony! I don’t know if he’ll talk to us, though…

Michelle on August 31, 2007 at 12:01 PM

I haven’t read all the comments on this thread yet, but for the record:

Michelle, you would be the most ROCKIN’ White House Press Secretary in the history of the world!

peski on August 31, 2007 at 1:31 PM

Ochlan on August 31, 2007 at 1:05 PM

But then there’s that inconvenient National Security Act/Non-Disclosure paperwork…

Hollowpoint on August 31, 2007 at 1:03 PM

That was probably just the excuse given. I think he would rather take the hit than say something negative about the administration while working there.

Catseye on August 31, 2007 at 1:34 PM

Way to keep it positive, moron.
bernzright777 on August 31, 2007 at 1:26 PM

Dear bernzright777 moron ,
It’s not my job to keep it positive. It’s my pleasure to point out the absurd, by being absurd.

Through it all I try to keep it within G-rated specifications.

Toni made that almost impossible.

Yours truly,
Your fellow moron

Mcguyver on August 31, 2007 at 1:39 PM

Nope. I would pay to see behind that podium going after the media.

Might make for a fun Vent…

Start with Michelle behind the podium in the Press Room (Brian’s got that blue/green screen mojo going…). She opens the floor to questions, cut to David Gregory asking a question (aka giving a speech). Cut back to Michelle who answers it the way it should be answered instead of the way an actual Press Secretary would have to answer it…

taznar on August 31, 2007 at 1:49 PM

Doug on August 31, 2007 at 12:52 PM

He can replace Geraldo, who really, really needs to go.

As for why Snow is leaving, I think it’s his health more than money issues, but he probably doesn’t want to dwell on that or have to answer more questions than necessary on his personal struggle, and wants some privacy.

Buy Danish on August 31, 2007 at 1:53 PM

Regarding the video update… Yet again, Bush is sooooo painful to watch in the intro.

MT on August 31, 2007 at 1:55 PM

Actually, Geraldo would be a perfect replacement for Tony – after all, he’s been pro-Bush, not only on the war, but also on immigration.

Tony should return to FNC and resume his previous position of hosting FNL Weekends and subbing for Brit on Fridays. I also would be happy to see him replace Chris Wallace.

infidelpride on August 31, 2007 at 2:00 PM

Presser: President Bush honored him beautifully in public. I can only imagine what their private conversation must have been like. What a decent pair of human beings.

RushBaby on August 31, 2007 at 2:04 PM

Those HuffPo comments are horrifying and childish.
I’m not really a Tony Snow fan, though I do see the appeal, but God bless him through the rest of his ordeal.

SouthernDem on August 31, 2007 at 2:05 PM

Why? Have we alienated him somehow?

Allahpundit on August 31, 2007 at 12:03 PM

He wants money. You have to beg for an iPhone. Do the math.

As predictable as it was, the “more than you can afford” comment might apply here….

calbear on August 31, 2007 at 2:12 PM

God speed Tony.

12thman on August 31, 2007 at 2:33 PM

I just read the HuffPo comments. They are the worst I’ve read so far. Prepare yourself if you choose to visit that site. AP, you should put a content warning on that link. seriously.

pullingmyhairout on August 31, 2007 at 2:43 PM

Dear Mr. Snow,

Keep fighting. Keep smiling. Keep on. We need integrity and you have it in spades.

Limerick family

Limerick on August 31, 2007 at 2:59 PM

I think it’s perfectly pragmatic. He has cancer. He has to plan for the worst, even if his prognosis looks rosey. And that includes putting away as much money as possible for his family.

Tanya on August 31, 2007 at 3:01 PM

I really do think Tony Snow is a class act. My family will keep him and his family in our thoughts and prayers. Our country really needs people like Tony.
All the best, Tony Snow. I hope to see you soon.

d1carter on August 31, 2007 at 3:04 PM

Don’t blame him for leaving. He is looking pretty run down between the job and fighting cancer. Just lost a relative to cancer recently. He was only sixty and the last couple of years were hard to watch.
Snow probably needs the slower pace to adequately fight the cancer.
He was my favorite on Fox followed by Bill Kristol and Wallace.

Bradky on August 31, 2007 at 3:11 PM

there was a call for people to leave if the string wasn’t going to be played out. Rove and Gonzo and Tony are leaving because of it…nothing nefarious here.

tomas on August 31, 2007 at 3:14 PM

Godspeed Tony. Beat this thing.

Not him, bloody hell. He’s too good of a man. I know cancer doesn’t discriminate, but still. My heart goes out to him so much.

I’ll hold him in my prayers.

Hawkins1701 on August 31, 2007 at 4:00 PM

And I knew I shouldn’t have clicked the link to the Huffpo comment.

I never would have imagined that reading something could make me feel so dirty. That reading something could sicken me to my very core.

How dare they call us hate-mongers. How. Dare. They.

God help us.

Hawkins1701 on August 31, 2007 at 4:06 PM

So long Mr. Snow. Farewell and Following Seas. I would love to see Michelle and Tony do a show together on Fox. Though Michelle does not need a co-host to run a good show.

jaybird on August 31, 2007 at 4:56 PM

God Bless you Tony ! Does not matter what others think, God is still able to Bless. I hope that you’re faith is there and that you are continuing to reject doubt and unbelief. Stay strong and stay in the scriptures. Love is a choice not touchy feel crap. Unlike most on here who do not understand love, you just accept. God Bless!

No offense to others but some things just have to to be straight.

mjkazee on August 31, 2007 at 5:35 PM

The choice for his replacement is a no-brainer.

Gregor on August 31, 2007 at 5:37 PM

God bless Tony Snow. We will keep him in our prayers for a recovery from cancer. Wish him all the best and thank him for a job well done.

katieanne on August 31, 2007 at 6:40 PM

Saw him recently with Brian Lamb for an hour on C-Span. Wish it weren’t so but he looked/sounded very, very tired and exhausted. Of course it’s understandable, given the treatment. The job is too much for a healthy individual…

I like the replacement. Should be fun to watch the pressers.

And, the HuffPoo overfloweth, again.

Entelechy on August 31, 2007 at 7:19 PM

Good luck Tony. I’m praying for you.

Texyank on August 31, 2007 at 7:36 PM

Huffpo is no better than a spoiled teen with the keys
to the family car and a pocket full of nickels.

Texyank on August 31, 2007 at 7:38 PM

AllahPundit:

“This is the first recent defection I’m actually sorry about.”

Defection? Good grief, just compare the May photo above to the August photo on your own front page. Tony Snow is a very sick man. I suspect he’s got his own reasons for insisting his decision is unrelated to cancer, which is sure what looking to make the most $$ in the shortest amount of time, while doing cancer advocacy on the side, suggests.

Even taking his assertions at face value, however, what interests me is that you so casually assume that he’s defecting politically rather than departing for personal rather than reasons. Are we projecting?

What’s so implausible about the idea that he decided he could be more effective and make more money doing appearances of a different sort? He’s at an age when folks typically take stock of where they are, where they’ve been, and where they want to end up. It was critically important to give this Administration a better model of what a decent Press Secretary can do for you if you’ll let him, but other than that, sticking it out till Jan ’09 would just be a massive waste of talent — at a time when the skills he can’t deploy as Administration-flack-in-chief are sorely needed in the public sphere. He’s in a position to call the shots & build an influential position for himself now in ways that just won’t be possible as a political has-been 18 months from now.

JM Hanes on August 31, 2007 at 7:39 PM

Tony Snow is a class act. He always has a smile on even with the cancer – that demonstrates courage. And on another note, I wish Michelle would be on the O’reilly factor more often, much more pleasant to look at even though I always watch the O’reilly factor.

“Everybody in politics lies, but [the Clintons] do it with such ease, it’s troubling.”

David Geffen – Former Clinton supporter and Hollywood mogul

mark24609 on August 31, 2007 at 8:14 PM

pullingmyhairout on August 31, 2007 at 2:43 PM

Wow, are you ever right. I just looked at a lot of the comments over there and many of those sadists are as sick in the head as Mike Vick and about a man who may well have less than a year to live.

MB4 on August 31, 2007 at 9:12 PM

Tony is a rare person, in that most people of both parties seem to find him enjoyable to be around. I could be wrong on that, but that’s how it seems.

There will always be poor spirits around, like the hate mongers at SnuffPo, and the David Gregorys of the world. I have found him to be a wonderful actor in this long running play.

God bless, Tony.

Jaibones on August 31, 2007 at 10:23 PM

And frankly, he looks like hell. I’m afraid things might not be going his way disease-wise. I don’t have the link handy but there’s a great interview with him by David Gregory (yes, that David Gregory) where he talks about being past the heavy treatment and on to the less toxic maintenance stuff.

He had much more hair there, which tells me that the cancer is back and he’s back on the heavy hitters. Which is a damned shame. Tony is a great guy, and this administration should have hired him 6 years ago.

My very best to you and yours, Mr. Snow.

Pablo on August 31, 2007 at 10:33 PM

Entelechy,

I like the replacement. Should be fun to watch the pressers.

She’s smart, she’s quick, and she’s adorable, with great legs. What better way to ride out this administration?

Pablo on August 31, 2007 at 10:36 PM

Tony Snow has always been the epitome of a Class Act.

Many, many years of health and happiness to you and your family Tony.

rockbend on September 1, 2007 at 12:11 PM

He looks like he’s aged 15 years in the past year.

PRCalDude on September 1, 2007 at 12:15 PM

I love Michelle, but she’s no Tony Snow and she’s no WH Press Secretary. Dana Perino is excellent and will do a very fine job… I wish Tony nothing but better health and peace in his life. He’s a great man.

I’d love to go over to HuffPo and find “BostonGreen,” assuming he’s in the same city as I… and call him out so I can beat the you-know-what out of him for his comments about Tony Snow. Those people over there all need a serious beating.

D2Boston on September 1, 2007 at 4:09 PM

A good guy.

Hope remission starts immediately, startles everyone, and he gets to sail a ketch to Australia and learn to play “Goodbye Porkpie Hat” on the ukelele.

All the best Tony!