Video: Hanretty gets snippy with Powers over Giuliani

posted at 6:44 pm on August 29, 2007 by Allahpundit

Interesting. It’s unusual in my Fox-viewing experience to see Hanretty get as personal as she does at the end here. We all deal with the realization that KP’s a Rudy-bashing water-carrier for the Clinton campaign in our own way, I guess. What happened, “Big Story” producers? Couldn’t get Howard Wolfson to come on and debate Hanretty instead?

A few things to watch out for, the first being the sublime irony of a Clinton supporter criticizing another politician for not taking the threat of terrorism seriously enough. KP naturally neglects to mention that we don’t know for sure how many hours Rudy spent at Ground Zero the first week, when it was most toxic, since there are no extant records of his schedule until 9/17/01. Certainly it was far less than many of the workers, a fact which Rudy himself acknowledged the day after suggesting otherwise and which KP also naturally ignores. That’s okay; just flag it for now, because inevitably during this campaign Hillary’s going to say something moronic which she’ll then try to climb down from and O’Reilly’s going to ask her biggest fan about it and she’s going to tell him, without missing a beat, “She clarified it later, didn’t she?” That’s when I pounce.

Since we’re playing the Who Cares Most? game, remind me: who were the two senators from New York on 9/11? One was Chuck Schumer but I can’t recall the other. Certainly one might expect them to be putting in some serious face time down at the ruins in those first awful days and weeks afterwards; how curious that the media hasn’t inquired for comparison purposes. Granted, there was important legislative business to attend to in Washington at the time (the Patriot Act first and foremost), but Rudy also had important business to attend to and important business doesn’t seem to deter senators who are running for president from flying all over the country and back to do moronic, gladhanding, what-ya-eatin’ diner visits between votes on the Senate floor. So please, let’s do have those numbers and really put Rudy to shame with the sheer overwhelming Caringness of Chuck Schumer and that other senator whose name I just can’t remember.

Exit question: This has to be an urban legend, but I’ve heard it mentioned many times before and Richard Miniter cites it as fact in this Opinion Journal piece from 2003. Surely, surely, it can’t be true that Billy Jeff Clinton, healer of the world’s pain, didn’t visit the World Trade Center after the 1993 bombing, can it? And, follow up to that: If it is true, KP couldn’t possibly know that or, being a Clinton supporter, she would have melted from hypocritical shame during this segment, right? And, follow up to that: If it is true and she did know, where do I go to get a pair of balls as big as hers?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

There are no moderate liberals left in the Democratic party. They’ve all been labeled ‘neo-cons’ and are now offically unpersons. All that remains is pure, refined, lust for power. They will do anything, say anything, if they think it will help them win the next election.

KP is no exception. Before her patron, Clinton, was fully in the race, she could get away with a little honesty now and then. Now that the race is heating up, she’s turned off her rational mind and is in full demagougery mode.

Nothing, nothing, is off limits. To feel shame, one must first be able to feel pride. They’ve purged themselves of objective thought and (un)common human decency.

And never forget the power of selective amnesia.

I remember the city before Giuliani. My mother still has bullet fragments in her leg. I wasn’t even twelve the first time I had a knife to my throat. He’s not a social con, but so what? I want a leader who will kick mititant Islam’s teeth in. He’ll give CAIR as much time as he gave Sharpton. The only thing I strongly dislike about him is his anti-gun stance, and I can live with that.

Plus, I hate weasels.

ticticboom on August 29, 2007 at 9:47 PM

Rudy is not my favorite candidate. Far too northern RINO for my tastes. But of course, if he gets the nomination I will be pulling the lever for him.

This may be the kiss of death, but Rudy is like GB in terms of his social liberalism,and like GB on terror. They differ in that Rudy is confrontational, communicative, and authoritarian. He’s GB,Cheney and Rove rolled into one.

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 9:49 PM

There’s never anyone from MA on this site to talk about how Romney dealt with the Mass libs. That place is the creepiest. Everyone thinks like a SF’er, but looks like a librarian.All of New England except for parts of NH is f-up.

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 9:58 PM

One thing Mitt certainly had in his corner was the fact that he ran against a lifelong, Democratic hack who had never done anything in her life (her being a mother notwithstanding) beyond being one of the MA Irish cookie-cutter pols. Mitt made her look like the idiot she was…

Mitt is very intelligent, comes across as authoritative and is quite personable — he worked very diligently to get out and meet as many people in person as he could — and as soon as they met him, they liked him.

D2Boston on August 29, 2007 at 10:05 PM

I like Kp , but I think she’s listened to Pageant Girls speech to many times.

ajmontana on August 29, 2007 at 10:09 PM

I’m so f’in sick of the constant stories and bashing of Rudy Giuliani concerning 9/11 memorials. Fine, you want to complain about radios, there’s a time to do it.

I, along with others here(I assume Allahpundit) were in NYC when 9/11 happened. I was just two blocks north, and the first plane went directly over our building. For the ensuing weeks, I was down there, I watched TV, I rode on the subways with volunteers and firemen traveling back and forth. What I saw was Mayor Giuliani on TV what seemed like ALWAYS. He was either down at Ground Zero, or at a press conference giving briefings on what was happening and what they were doing.

Those days my spirit was ripped out of me. I went to church and prayed. I tried to help out. I soul searched. But Mayor Giuliani didn’t have time for that. He was getting things done. He got the fires out. He got the searches going. He got the wreckage removed. He got NYC going again. Yes, sometimes that meant being at a Yankees game. But you know what? When the Yankees played, many of us had tears running down our eyes as they saluted the American flag in their FDNY and NYPD hats and shirts. We saw a glimmer of life before 9/11 when the first pitch was thrown. We saw our Mayor cheering not just the crowd on, not just the city, but the whole country.

Rudy did what he had to do to get us right.

I hate to end on a negative note, but we know how other Mayors, governers, and even Presidents have acted at previous tragedies.

SHAME ON ALL OF YOU WHO SIT THERE AND PLAY ARMCHAIR JUDGE ON MAYOR GUILIANI FOR HIS ACTIONS ON 9/11.

Vincenzo on August 29, 2007 at 10:13 PM

The only person that deserves to be at the ground zero more than Rudy is Bin Laden as they toss him out of a Black Hawk, on fire from one thousand feet with Rudy waiting down below with a shovel to put him out after he hits the pavement.

Hening on August 29, 2007 at 10:15 PM

Vincenzo on August 29, 2007 at 10:13 PM

Well said. And the truth. I was there too.

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 10:18 PM

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 9:49 PM

Yeah well, for all his talk about being a Texan, GB is a northern RINO too. I was born and grew up in Midland. He was not born there and spent very few years growing up there. And it shows.

conservnut on August 29, 2007 at 10:18 PM

G-d f’in dam’t I’m getting more pissed off as I think about it. I remember when that Saudi prince tried to write a check for who-knows-how-much and Rudy told him to basically shove it up is a-s.

I remember being in Elaine’s on the upper east side two years later and watching Rudy’s staff from 9/11 in tears as they recalled what they went through. They were treated like royalty, and rightly so.

I remember walking down Park Ave on 9/11 that night, and there wasn’t a car in sight. Just the occasional police officer. It looked like the city was dead, but everyone was home mourning, crying, hoping to find loved ones. The Mayor was working, trying to fix things.

Damnit he was the best thing to happen to NYC in a loong time, and I’d be honored to have him as our President.

Vincenzo on August 29, 2007 at 10:19 PM

JiangxDad…..I’m a masshole thats dealt with several republican managers….basically mass libs (as J,Giels said… first I look at the purse) appreciate fiscal discipline as much as masshole republicans. The recent BDS
MSM gangbang has rendered most normal tax pay’in folks punch drunk… without bail! So the likes of Cadillac Duval slide in on Soros $$$ and we can only shake our heads and contemplate abandoning ship. But after putting 50+ years in country, armed intervention has its appeals;-)

dmann on August 29, 2007 at 10:23 PM

Vincenzo on August 29, 2007 at 10:19 PM

Some good news. My Mom’s a lifelong Democrat, lives in SF burbs, occasionally imbibes the Kool-Aid. She said she could never vote for Hilary, but could see herself voting for Giuliani. I was pretty surprised.

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 10:24 PM

MA had a tradition of loading up with head case Liberal Dems but putting in a Republican governor. It was something like a bizarre sense of counter balance from a State of people married to livestock and partaking in human sacrifice. This is all around the corner now that the tradition is over and they have a head case Liberal Dem in the spot.

Hening on August 29, 2007 at 10:24 PM

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 10:24 PM

I got good news, too. I spoke the other day with a client who also works for Clinton campaign. Her words basically amounted to, “If Clinton isn’t in the General Election, I’m voting for Giuliani.” She hates Bloomberg because, “when Giuliani was Mayor my streets were clean and my taxes were low. Now its a mess and I pay about double what I did before.”

Vincenzo on August 29, 2007 at 10:27 PM

We can only shake our heads and contemplate abandoning ship. But after putting 50+ years in country, armed intervention has its appeals;-)

dmann on August 29, 2007 at 10:23 PM

Pretty much same here.

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 10:29 PM

It was a so-so segment, and Kirsten made her canned Rudy points, such as they are. I don’t know the truth of he claims, and they don’t have anything to do with her descent into political hackery. Allah has well defined the mess that is KP these days, and the spectacle of his pain is worth the price of listening to her drivel…again.

Hanretty has a better hair-dye man, and for my money, she’s just plain hotter. She also has the inescapable advantage of nearly always being right, while KP does her best imitation of Harold Ickes, apparently for monetary gain.

That’s got to make her friends just sick. You know, AP?

Jaibones on August 29, 2007 at 10:29 PM

The idea that Giuliani can’t talk about 9/11 and his credentials as presidential candidate unless he was in the pit or scaling buildings with the NY firefighters is stupid. Say he spent even 30%-50% of the time that the firefighters did wherever they operated. It might get him points for authenticity but he would be derelict in his duties as mayor. His job was to cut through the red tape and do whatever it takes to get NYC on its feet again or as much so as possible before the end of his term in office. If he failed in that respect, and KP can explain why, then I’m really interested in what she has to say.

The issues about not warning people properly about the dangers of working at ground zero and providing the firefighters with the right kinds of radios is more legitimate. But in a bureaucracy that big and a disaster of that magnitude, there are going to be mistakes. If KP has an argument for why Giuliani is uniquely responsible for those errors and they swamp any good he did before and after 9/11, then again I want to hear what she has to say.

jaychandra on August 29, 2007 at 10:30 PM

Hening on August 29, 2007 at 10:24 PM

Hahhahhaahhaaha

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 10:30 PM

Exit question: Did this thread get over 100 comments because of buzz over Rudy Giuliani; or because two hotties duked it on on Fox News?

Vincenzo on August 29, 2007 at 10:33 PM

If all possibility of employment in a Clinton administration were removed, KP would return to normal.

I really thought she had a bit more character than that, maybe she’s to the point of desperation in her quest to get away from the almost right sided toxicity she has to endure at Fox or maybe she’s just tired of BO yelling at her.

On a lighter note, I think Karen Hanretty is a breath of fresh air and her putting the miff on KPs manipulative demeanor is just big plus.

Speakup on August 29, 2007 at 10:34 PM

Pretty much same here.

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 10:29 PM

Pathetic ain’t it!

dmann on August 29, 2007 at 10:36 PM

Vincenzo on August 29, 2007 at 10:27 PM

Sort of good news. Think Shril’s pretty much in.

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 10:37 PM

Vincenzo on August 29, 2007 at 10:33 PM

Rudy who?

If you have to ask, you were lost before you asked.

Speakup on August 29, 2007 at 10:38 PM

PS Oh, and Debbie’s link to the KP USA Today column shows that it was basically a written regurgitation of her idiotic O’Reilly comments on illegal aliens, or as she might call them, “the undocumented”.

In addition to the Chertoffian “nativists” quote, she reprises her various defenses of illegal alien drunk drivers, murderers, rapists, etc. and her non sequitur that NY is the “safest large city” despite the sanctuary crap.

Jaibones on August 29, 2007 at 10:39 PM

Say what you want Kristen about the “Sanctuary Mayor of The Century” just leave Mitt alone and I’ll still love looking at you.

Legions on August 29, 2007 at 10:43 PM

Vincenzo on August 29, 2007 at 10:19 PM

Don’t forget that that was not a first for Rudy. Years before he told Arafat to stick it, when all the other pols were falling all over themselves to shake the terrorist’s hand, and Rudy also told the UN not to let the door hit them on the way out, when they threatened to leave New York.

Rudy is a solid guy. He’s just got some problems on the social issues, and his stance on illegals didn’t satisfy me much, at all. The alien issue is huge for me. HUGE.

But, even if I end up not supporting Rudy for Pres, I still like him a lot and respect what he’s done. And, for all of us with clear memories, Rudy was great in how he dealt with 9/11. He led, which was his job, and he led well.

I will end by saying that Rudy REALLY TICKED ME OFF when he supported that total POS Bloomberg to replace him. That was one of the biggest hits Rudy’s reputation has taken in my mind.

progressoverpeace on August 29, 2007 at 10:44 PM

Pathetic ain’t it!

dmann on August 29, 2007 at 10:36 PM

I hate losing my home.

I was on jury duty a while back for two weeks (MS13 murder trial-but that’s a diff. story).
The only thing any of the “citizens” in the jury room could ever talk about was how soon they were moving to North or South Carolina. Until then, I thought I was the only one who thought that.

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 10:44 PM

progressoverpeace on August 29, 2007 at 10:44 P

I am NO friend of Bloomberg, believe me. But the kind of person you would like for Mayor doesn’t exist here anymore. The alternatives could have been even worse. Rudy was kind of unique for the place and the time.

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 10:48 PM

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 10:48 PM

Yes, but he didn’t have to be so close to Bloomberg. My dislike of Bloomberg is deep and strong. He represents the worst, most insidious threat to the US, with his attacks on private property and our most basic freedoms. Bloomberg is just so far beyond the pale for me that I cannot countenance anyone who supports him in any way. Bloomberg is, in my book, totally radioactive. I was extremely disappointed in Rudy with this.

progressoverpeace on August 29, 2007 at 10:52 PM

KP was quite the biaatchh in that exchange. It was nice to see the smokin’ hot Hanretty put her in her place.

roninacreage on August 29, 2007 at 10:52 PM

I hate losing my home.

The tears will flow…..
The persuit of technology has defined my destruction! DEC….Quantum…..Corning….2 kids in colledge and no way to keep the wheels on the wagon.
Folks should take alook at the disaster that Mass. has become at the hands of liberal democrats….let this be a window on the “enlightened” agenda.

dmann on August 29, 2007 at 10:55 PM

disclaimer: I have not watched television since 9/11. I have never seen a broadcast featuring Ms. Powers or Ms. Hanretty, so my take on this post is based on this isolated video clip.

Now then. Ms. Powers was introduced as a Democratic strategist/Fox News political analyst, and Ms. Hanretty was introduced as a Republican strategist. And what follows?

Powers brings up things like air quality, radios, time spent at ground zero, ooooooo he was giving tours to dignitaries, natter natter natter, questions that have been asked and answered.

Hanretty tries to keep on topic (political implications surrounding the 9/11 speech), but Powers comes across — not as a strategist or an analyst–but as thwarted and immature.

Painful and sad, hope Fox News is proud. Not that they care about the opinion of this non-viewer.

RushBaby on August 29, 2007 at 10:58 PM

You know, both of them are pretty good looking. But neither of them hold a candle to Banderas.

conservnut on August 29, 2007 at 10:59 PM

dmann-
That’s why MA and NY have such out-migration. Both continually lose population. If NYC wasn’t such a revolving door for int’l immigrants, the place would be nearly empty now. Very few people who live here have lived here for long, or were born here.
I have some friends from Guyana, moved here 5 years ago. They left last week for better pastures in Atlanta. I’m still here like a schmuck.(kids/friends/schools, work, etc.)

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 11:01 PM

Ok. yankees won. g’night .

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 11:07 PM

Ok. yankees won. g’night

ya puke!!!

alvetersane…..

dmann on August 29, 2007 at 11:12 PM

Plus, I hate weasels.

Whether one is a weasel is merely a matter of opinion, your opinion. I think we can do without name calling.

AprilOrit on August 29, 2007 at 11:15 PM

It depends, my parents grew up here, attended college here and raised us here. I have many friends who are like me, parents raised here, still live here, they grew up here, we all attended college here.

It really depends on your family, your statement is very broad and sweeping, doesn’t apply to everyone.

AprilOrit on August 29, 2007 at 11:18 PM

Vincenzo on August 29, 2007 at 10:33 PM

I take it that was a rhetorical question.

MB4 on August 29, 2007 at 11:28 PM

I’m putting my support/contributions behind Mike Huckabee. He’s honest, level headed, a far better leader and he has God on his side.

I much prefer his approach to running the country than Rudy’s on any day of the week.

AprilOrit on August 29, 2007 at 11:29 PM

Ahem, that’s a bit of a stretch….LOL. If you don’t like her, why not ignore her rather than taking her inventory.

AprilOrit on August 29, 2007 at 9:31 PM

Cuz she’s gorgeous…

JWS on August 29, 2007 at 11:30 PM

Three hotties – if you include the anchor. The news reporting becomes ever more vacuous, but the vacuous themselves, keep getting hotter. Ultimately, it is the vacuous themselves that make the news. Caitlin makes it four.

jihadwatcher on August 29, 2007 at 11:34 PM

I love Kirsten and that other bitcharoonie did imply that…

But the debate over how much time Giuliani spent on the ground is irrelevant. Frankly, it’s childish. Rudy did provide great leadership after the attacks but that doesn’t mean he did everything right… -sigh-

Opinionnation on August 29, 2007 at 11:41 PM

Banderas is still unbelievably hot… what was this post about?

Anyway, am I the only one who thinks it’s likely that Powers’ growing dishonesty and shameless politics comes in response to threats from the far left? I suspect she was on the edge of being the next Alan Colmes, being virtually booted from the party, and she caved. She’ll never be a Republican so she had to prove herself to the libs or she’d be left out in the cold with no where to turn.

RightWinged on August 29, 2007 at 11:42 PM

AprilOrit on August 29, 2007 at 11:18 PM

You are right…for now! The prospects of my daughter finding an engineering position that will allow her to stay in New England are slim (other than social engineering)
My mother emigrated post WW2 and still lives in the NE. I have serious doubts that I will be able to visit my grand kids without jumping on a boeing! The liberal agenda holds no worth for corperate values (skill set needed) unless it propigates social dogmas which in reality are driving those corporations out of the northeast.

dmann on August 29, 2007 at 11:55 PM

It don’t take balls to lie out of denial. She’a an ice cube AP. No conscience.

Griz on August 30, 2007 at 12:00 AM

Question:

If a spat between two women is called a catfight, when it’s between two men why isn’t it called a cockfight?

infidel4life on August 30, 2007 at 12:09 AM

Question:

infidel4life on August 30, 2007 at 12:09 AM

It is when it’s Foley vs. Craig in Gutfeld’s “activity pit”

RightWinged on August 30, 2007 at 12:12 AM

RightWinged on August 30, 2007 at 12:12 AM

That’s a visual I’d rather not picture.

infidel4life on August 30, 2007 at 12:21 AM

AprilOrit on August 29, 2007 at 11:29 PM

I rather doubt that Huckabee has God on his side, but he does have Tysons Foods on his side.

MB4 on August 30, 2007 at 12:25 AM

KP and Michelle are both stunning, both are very pretty, I get why the guys posting her go ga ga…

AprilOrit on August 30, 2007 at 12:29 AM

You go AP, ROCK ON

mjkazee on August 30, 2007 at 12:40 AM

Fair and Balanced alright. And to think the left accuses FNN of right leaning.

Griz on August 30, 2007 at 1:12 AM

It’s apparently already time for us to get very clear and focused about the Giuliani campaign, because the the Left obviously understands that Rudy is the biggest threat to Hillary’s coronation and is going to go full throttle to take it down.

I hope the gripes on our side about Rudy not being perfect are quickly put in the perspective of another Clinton White House….

Halley on August 30, 2007 at 2:06 AM

Guys, when the honeymoon is over, would you rather wake up and have a leasurely breakfast/brunch conversation with Ms. Hanretty or Ms. KP?

Entelechy on August 30, 2007 at 2:12 AM

You and KP really need to have a night of hot sweaty monkey love to just wipe the slates clean before the real election season begins. If not, I’m afraid I won’t be able to believe anything either of you say.

Si fallatis officium, quaestor infitias eat se quicquam scire de factis vestris.

wordwarp on August 30, 2007 at 2:51 AM

That was just disgraceful. She is turning herself into a moonbat before our eyes. Next she will be saying Giulani was in on the attack.

pat on August 30, 2007 at 2:56 AM

For awhile there back-in-the-day, it seemed KP might be walking the line… now she’s just toeing it.

Pity. She’d have been the coup de gras in the Democrat Women vs Republican Women meme

SilverStar830 on August 30, 2007 at 3:19 AM

I agree, Rudy had to support Bloomberg because the alternatives – Fernando Ferrer or Mark Green were far worse. Rudy’s shining moment was when:

1. He told that Saudi to shove his money up his Islamic ass
2. He divorced himself from his horrible wife Donna Hannover.

Hilts on August 30, 2007 at 6:14 AM

AllahP, take solace from my favorite ditty: The Tater Song.

Pie Pie Tater Pie

P – I – E – O – I – E Pie

E fer I fer

Pass a piece a pie fer

I just love that Tater Pie.

I will marry a girl that cooks

I don’t care how she looks

And when we finally make our match

We will grow a tater patch.

(refrain)

hillbillyjim on August 30, 2007 at 6:32 AM

I hope that one day, KP gets to answer questions about Hsu and Hillary, and all the (obviously) illegal campaign money he’s given Hillary.

Them maybe she can explain ACT’s (Clintonista Harold Ickes illegal campaign contribution factory) 3/4 million dollar fine that the FEC hit them with today.

Yeah. Powers is a Clintonista. And while I believe (or used to believe) in political diversity, the Democratic Party in the last 40 years has become one of filth, corruption, dirty politics, bribery, violence, fraud, and cheating.

I used to think much better of her. I used to think she could check her partisanship at the door and be a true spokesperson for the Party of Woodrow Wilson, FDR, Truman, Hubert Humphrey, and JFK. The only problem is that party no longer exists, and KP has chosen to start fronting for the neo-fascist “brownshirts” that have taken over the party as they strive to take over the country in 2008. I expect to see this conversion process of KP’s to be total and complete by this time next year. Pitty.

georgej on August 30, 2007 at 7:08 AM

AprilOrit on August 29, 2007 at 11:18 PM

Go here (recent Manhattan Institute statistics):

Migrating New York Residents Still Heading for the Exits
By E.J. McMahon, Director, and Kathryn McCall, Research Associate
Research Bulletin No. 2
Complete report in PDF format
January 02, 2007

Nearly a quarter-million people left New York for other states in the past year, continuing a long-term trend in which the Empire State has been a leading demographic loser.

According to newly released Census Bureau population estimates[1]:

* Roughly 12 out of every 1,000 New York residents moved elsewhere in the country between mid-2005 and mid-2006-nearly double the overall rate of out-migration for the slow-growing Northeast region.
* New York’s loss of 225,766 people to other states between 2005 and 2006 was exceeded only by the out-migration totals for California and hurricane-ravaged Louisiana.
* More than 1.2 million New York residents have moved to other states since 2000-the biggest such loss experienced by any state.

As shown in Figure 1, an influx of foreign immigrants and the “natural” gain from births largely offset New York’s internal migration exodus in the past six years, allowing the population to rise slightly, to about 19.3 million. But the state has been growing at less than one-third the national rate in this decade. As a result, the Empire State is on track to slip from third to fourth in state population rankings within a few years.

JiangxiDad on August 30, 2007 at 8:12 AM

Julie Banderas is a babe as well.

Hilts on August 29, 2007 at 8:53 PM

That she is, my friend.

Of course, Michelle is the most beautiful lady on FOX news, and I would think that even if I weren’t a fan – even if she was a complete mouth-foaming moontard liberal. Gorgeous, gorgeous married woman.
My second favorite beauty at FOX right now would have to be the radiant Molly Line.
Familiar with the phrase “soft on the eyes”?

Dork B. on August 30, 2007 at 8:46 AM

The natural dynamics of the Democratic Party pulls even moderate Democrats like Kirsten Powers to the Left.

Hilts on August 30, 2007 at 8:57 AM

After listening to it again I agree, Powers was absurd.

Hilts on August 30, 2007 at 9:01 AM

DEPORT POWERS TO MEXICO.

madmonkphotog on August 30, 2007 at 9:02 AM

If we nominate Rudy we will have the presidency.

If we do not, we will have Clinton II.

The Dems know this and they are doing everything they can to squash Rudy in the primary.

Don’t fall for it!

JayHaw Phrenzie on August 29, 2007 at 8:59 PM

They’ve also done plenty against Fred Thompson, so I don’t really see what that proves.

Honestly, I don’t get why people keep saying Rudy is our only hope to keep Clinton out of office. Were it not for 9-11, no one outside of New York would ever remember his name.

Esthier on August 30, 2007 at 9:23 AM

roninacreage on August 29, 2007 at 10:52 PM

Did she really though? That’s not how I perceived it. I don’t know how anyone there can really think that Hanretty WON that exchange.

Believe me, Rudy is my guy in this, so there’s nothing I’d love more than for someone to take all of KP’s Clinton Dem talking points on this issue and throw them back in her face – hell, Allah does it in few brief paragraphs up above in the setup to this video clip.

Hanretty didn’t do that. Instead, she goes into some weird rant about “agitators”. That wasn’t addressing what KP had to say, turning it around and using it to destroy her argument.

I’m sorry, jab at KP at the end aside, I have to give Powers the victory there.

Vyce on August 30, 2007 at 9:39 AM

I want a larger size of that preview pic.

Kai on August 30, 2007 at 9:53 AM

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 9:58 PM

Ask and ye shall receive.

Romney did a few good things, but was stymied by the Dems at every turn, and his successes reeked of political stunts.

Best I can say about him is that he made some very good appointments.

Overall, he’s a RINO with business experience.

cadetwithchips2 on August 30, 2007 at 10:07 AM

I’ve got to say it-at first I thought Henretty was that talking head actress in the Geico Caveman commercial.
KP was not pleased at the final shot across her bow, but I loved it.

Doug on August 30, 2007 at 10:27 AM

Plus, I hate weasels.

AprilOrit on August 29, 2007 at 11:15 PM

You didn’t get that tube rat reference? Are you really a New Yorker?

Or maybe I’m more subtle than I thought.

Nahh…

ticticboom on August 30, 2007 at 11:07 AM

You didn’t get that tube rat reference? Are you really a New Yorker?

I did not and yes I am a New Yorker, born in St. Vincent’s Hospital. We lived in a floor-thru in the Gold Coast of Manhattan – on West 10th between 5th and 6th Avenues, right down the block from where the wacko Joel Steinberg lived years later. My dad was still in law school and my mom was finishing her graduate degree at NYU. The Village was great, I have fond memories of swinging in Wasington Square Park with my mom and my nana and my nana’s apartment on Lower 5th Avenue.

Weasels – are you referring to the Ferret guy on the radio with Rudy?

AprilOrit on August 30, 2007 at 11:35 AM

I was born in Einstein in the Bronx myself. I live and work in midtown now.

And yes, I was referring to the Ferret guy. That was comedy gold.

P.S.: There’s nothing wrong with making fun of the other guy, as long as you’re actually funny.

Bushitler: not funny.

The Pantsuit: funny, cause it’s true.

ticticboom on August 30, 2007 at 11:41 AM

The Ferret Guy is definately a nutbag. I thought ferrets were illegal in New York anyway.

AprilOrit on August 30, 2007 at 12:08 PM

Barf alert on another non-news story with KP. Part of the nausea comes from knowing that AP still has a thing for Kirsten (she can’t get MORE lip gloss ON that simpering, stuttering mouth) Powers. The worst part is that I doubt he’ll ever get over her.

Christine on August 30, 2007 at 12:44 PM

Kirsten is beautiful and normally not quite as partisan as she was in this piece.

Hilts on August 30, 2007 at 2:10 PM