Elvira Arellano gets ambitious

posted at 8:15 am on August 29, 2007 by Bryan

I’m sure my Spanish tagline isn’t perfect. Perhaps Mexican President Calderon will appoint Elvira Arellano to straighten me out once she’s done advocating for all immigrants the world over.

She wants to be named “peace and justice” ambassador. I guess that’s why she’s raising her fist in that picture: In the name of peace. Her qualifications to be named ambassador: Breaking US law by slipping across the border twice, Social Security fraud, and defying a deportation order.

The recently deported illegal migrant and activist who took refuge in a Chicago church for a year, has asked the Mexico’s president to appoint her “peace and justice” ambassador so she can return to the United States.

Elvira Arellano, 32, who sought refuge to avoid being separated from her U.S.-born, 8-year-old son, was arrested and sent back to Mexico on Aug. 19 after traveling to Los Angeles to attend a rally for the overhaul of U.S. immigration laws. Her son stayed in the United States.

“What I’m asking for is a diplomatic visa so that I can be an ambassador for peace and justice because I’m not a terrorist and the United States can’t continue treating undocumented migrants as terrorists,” Arellano told reporters after meeting with President Felipe Calderon at the presidential residence, Los Pinos.

Calderon asked Foreign Secretary Patricia Espinosa to “look into the situation that Mrs. Arellano and her son face and to approach U.S. authorities so that we can respond to (her) request,” it said.

We’ve gone from the proper legal designation “illegal aliens” to “undocumented migrants” with this woman, a suggestion that she’s not even an “immigrant”: i.e., didn’t even cross an international boundary.

Update (AP): Here’s the video. I’m annoyed at Calderon for meeting with her but politically he had no choice.

Link: sevenload.com

Comments

Hey, why not give every illegal alien diplomatic status prior to their swim.

Sad to say, but this tactic will probably work. She will waltz back into this country and nobody in our government will have the malkins to expell her.

conservnut on August 29, 2007 at 8:21 AM

The Mexican Sheehan.

right2bright on August 29, 2007 at 8:27 AM

How do you say chutzpah in Spanish?

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 8:32 AM

A Visa to return for her son? I’m sure we could afford to fly the little guy down to her, first-class.

Dork B. on August 29, 2007 at 8:36 AM

Please tell me this is a joke.

Wade on August 29, 2007 at 8:41 AM

And if she wants to be an advocate for “immigrants”, or an ambassador or whatever, it might help her cause if she would learn english. The US doesn’t need a Spanish speaking sub-class, no matter what the Wall Street Journal argues.

Dork B. on August 29, 2007 at 8:41 AM

This kool-aid drinking moonbat is seriously deranged. She’s another one who is using her son as a pawn in her political game. I wonder if she is just a useful tool that they will discard when the US doesn’t back down?

Someone said the Mexican Sheehan. That is dead on.

csdeven on August 29, 2007 at 8:50 AM

The United States “CAN’T”!!!!!!!! The arrogance of these people is unbelievable. Who is she to dictate to us what our country can and can’t do. I am so sick of the arrogance crap from these people. IF she cared so much about her son, she never should have been here illegally. It’s not about the kids, folks.

bloggless on August 29, 2007 at 8:55 AM

…when the US doesn’t back down…
csdeven on August 29, 2007 at 8:50 AM

I hope to hell that’s true.

IrishEi on August 29, 2007 at 8:57 AM

Elvira is just another species of “crapweasel” … a “crapweaselette” if you will.

darwin on August 29, 2007 at 9:03 AM

If Calderon is smart, he’ll sit this angry little activist down and explain to her what the word “backlash” means.

RushBaby on August 29, 2007 at 9:04 AM

Gotta love that IHT headline – “Deported Mexican Migrant Mom…etc”. ‘Migrant’ is so non-judgemental it gives me the warm fuzzies just reading it.

RyanOH on August 29, 2007 at 9:07 AM

She and her supporters have no idea how much she is pissing people off. Way to go, Elvira! lol

Blake on August 29, 2007 at 9:07 AM

I wonder how mexican citizens (that is, those who actually live in the country of Mexico) feel about Arellano?

If their are ANY loyal patriotic Mexicans, they ought to feel ashamed and embarrased. Arellano seems to care more about USA than her own people. She can’t STAND to be in Mexico… she’ll do whatever it takes to get back into the USA.

And the Mexican govt supports it! It seems they have her full support… whatever it takes to get her into the USA, they are 100% behind it! LOL

flipflopper on August 29, 2007 at 9:09 AM

OK, she’s attractive, she knows all the right talking points and buzzwords – who do you suppose coached her during her refuge? I guess I just have no faith whatsoever that this situation just “happened” – to me it looks like a carefully planned and staged play.

reine.de.tout on August 29, 2007 at 9:09 AM

Deported Mexican Migrant Mom

How about a correct headline, such as “Twice-Deported Mexican Felon”?

Bigfoot on August 29, 2007 at 9:18 AM

Absolutely freaking outrageous. The U.S. government better not grant that visa, or there’s going to be some serious backlash in “North Mexico” (i.e. the United States). Surely our government has a right to refuse “diplomats” who are known lawbreakers.

aero on August 29, 2007 at 9:27 AM

This should be easy for the 6 minutes that ICE officials spend on immigration applications.

It should read, “Denied. Previous criminal activity.”

End of story.

Instead of actively planning to ruin our national security, economy and sovereignty, why doesn’t Senora Avellano work to improve the national security, economy and sovereignty en su propio pais?

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on August 29, 2007 at 9:35 AM

I just watched the video….

If this happens, we will see 20-30 million “peace ambassadors” living here? Let’s wait for the Demonrats to use that line during the elections.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on August 29, 2007 at 9:39 AM

If the Mexicans give a diplomatic authority to a deported criminal in an attempt to provide her with diplomatic access to this country, they will be removing themselves from the company of law abiding countries and joining forces with the lawless shitholes like Venezuela and Cuba.

Someone said Calderon didn’t have any good political choice, but to meet with her, and that may be true. He won’t push this, though. The U.S. is never going to honor a hoax Visa like that.

F*&k this little Marxist ninny.

Jaibones on August 29, 2007 at 9:41 AM

She’s having her few moments of fame, like Cindy. And like Cindy, the media should just ignore her and maybe she’d go away. They won’t though—the pro-amnesty media are using her just as the anti-war people used Cindy to further their own interests. She’ll be history when she’s no more use to them.

jeanie on August 29, 2007 at 9:49 AM

RushBaby on August 29, 2007 at 9:04 AM

Good point! Although I hope he doesn’t. I really think backlash is a possibility with this woman. She isn’t a sympathetic figure, having left her son behind for obvious political reasons. I doubt very many people at all have any respect for her.
But I hope she really believes in her own martyrdom enough to get even more outrageous. I want her to go the full nine and become a full-fledged liability to the Amnesty cause.

Dork B. on August 29, 2007 at 9:53 AM

I’m annoyed at Calderon for meeting with her but politically he had no choice.

You are too generous Bryan.

Theworldisnotenough on August 29, 2007 at 10:07 AM

The U.S. issues visas. Not Mexico. The only way her plan to return as an “ambassador” would work is if the U.S. made it happen. El Presidente knows this but he will give her an audience to appease her ilk.

Guardian on August 29, 2007 at 10:08 AM

People say if Mexico wasn’t a racist kleptocracy, and developed it’s abundant natural resources, it’s people would have a high standard of living. As it is, Mexican GDP is 14th in the world, above Australia– just not fairly distributed.

What’s the cost/benefit analysis on annexing the whole place and doing a make-over? US citizenship for all, in return for their sovereignty.

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 10:10 AM

I’d really like someone to dig into her background. She is not some ignorant little toilet cleaner. She sounds like a plant or someone who has been groomed to stir up trouble.

Mommynator on August 29, 2007 at 10:14 AM

She’s the Mexican Che.

NoSubmission on August 29, 2007 at 10:21 AM

She needs more airtime, not less. Elvira is a walking, talking upside down American flag.

You couldn’t ask for a better advertisement for border security.

Asher on August 29, 2007 at 10:42 AM

nobody in our government will have the malkins to expell her

The “MALKINS” Oh my God, That’s priceless!

What I don’t get about this felon is WHY didn’t they throw her in jail for SS fraud. I would LOVE to know who’s SSN she was using and how they feel about it.

Masscon on August 29, 2007 at 11:03 AM

I didn’t know Cindy Sheehan had a latino cousin! “Attention Seeking Media Whore Syndrome” must run in the family.

BacaDog on August 29, 2007 at 11:11 AM

Beso me culo puta.

infidel4life on August 29, 2007 at 11:17 AM

…Fairly sure I’d heard her son was going to be sent down to join her anyway. End of story….

Ben Here on August 29, 2007 at 11:25 AM

Masscon on August 29, 2007 at 11:03 AM

Not sure, but I thought the SS issue was about using a SS# that isn’t her’s, not to steal someone’s identity and wreak havoc, but so that her employer could deposit the SS payments into some account.
If her earnings history and contributions were being added to your account, you could come out ahead when you retire.

That being said, I despise her and her allies.

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 11:26 AM

Your Spanish is okay, assuming you’re intending to say “You go, girl!” Mine is very rusty, but allow me to make the following improvements:

One uses the third person in Spanish when directly addressing an individual out of respect. For instance, one would address his parents, his boss, etc. that way. I suggest using the regular second person for Ms. Arellano as we don’t really respect her.

Also, the “la” before “chica” is correct but unnecessary. It’s just a gender-specific form of the word “the,” and “the” is typically understood en espan~ol.

So, revised form: Vas, chica! Oh, and, if you know how to do an upside-down exclamation point, one would go right before “Vas.”

More directly on topic, gag me. Here’s hoping W and the State Dept. have the stones to deny her a diplomatic visa. I would like to think that a felony criminal record would be a disqualifier, but who knows?

flutejpl on August 29, 2007 at 11:30 AM

I have to admit that she’s kinda’ sexy in a weird way.

We should all line up at the border to give her a good spanking.

SWLiP on August 29, 2007 at 11:33 AM

Here’s hoping W and the State Dept. have the stones malkins to deny her a diplomatic visa.

flutejpl on August 29, 2007 at 11:30 AM

Fixed.
(Rest assured, she’ll end up at the UN, parking anywhere the hell she wants in Manhattan! Is there no justice???)

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 11:35 AM

I guess she will get diplomatic ammunity to come back to the US.

She belongs in a US prison.

saiga on August 29, 2007 at 11:38 AM

I have to admit that she’s kinda’ sexy in a weird way.

We should all line up at the border to give her a good spanking.

SWLiP on August 29, 2007 at 11:33 AM

Spanking is good. Thank you for your contribution.

But how did she get those new kind of latin eyebrow things if she was holed up in that church?
Did she go out to eat, shop, the movies?

Maybe this church was just some kind of weird new SF boutique hotel, and this is all just a mistake, una error como se dice.

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 11:39 AM

Arellano, Chavez, Madmaninadinnerjacket, OJ, Kofi Annan, Jimmuh, Kim, Putin, Chirac, Christianne Amanpour, Desmond Tuti-Fruiti, Mookie,Ted Kennedy and Cindy walk into a bar….

damn, forgot the ending.

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 11:44 AM

I’m not Catholic, but I think they allow tweezers.

SWLiP on August 29, 2007 at 11:50 AM

If any actual American citizen had committed Social Security Fraud with Identity Theft, and had been caught red-handed just as she most certainly was, it’s guaranteed you’d be showing up in a courtroom facing paying huge hefty fines, and facing ACTUAL JAIL time. If you’re an Illegal Immigrant though, meh, ain’t big thang.

My country is run by FOOLS and RERPROBATES.

Illegal Immigrants get a free pass on EVERYTHING, and they have the audacity to DEMAND EVEN MORE. It’s a win-win situation for Illegal Immigrants. There is absolutely no reason for any immigrant to follow the path to legal immigration. They pay no fines and they pay no debt to our soverign society when they are caught TWICE as an Illegal Immigrant and as an Identity Thief, and if they’re deported they can just mosey on back across the border any ol’ time. They have absolute ZERO to fear, because if they get caught again, they’ll just get the pat on the butt with a shoo-shoo from Uncle Sam… and it’s all good.

It’s disgusting and reprehensible.

SilverStar830 on August 29, 2007 at 11:59 AM

I think the appropriate term would be crapchica.

highhopes on August 29, 2007 at 12:03 PM

Oh yeah, and most importantly of all things…

iViva El President’ Jorge Boosh!

SilverStar830 on August 29, 2007 at 12:03 PM

**** her and the pinche burro she road in on!

TheSitRep on August 29, 2007 at 12:19 PM

Someone smuggled in tweezers baked in an empenada?

RushBaby on August 29, 2007 at 12:20 PM

Classic St. Cindy approach. I can’t wait till the Geraldo interview.

Kini on August 29, 2007 at 12:28 PM

Dork B. on August 29, 2007 at 8:36 AM

There’s the rub, isn’t it?

She was not separated from her son. She chose to leave her son with that minister who hid her in his church. Now she is being painted as the poor, loving mother, separated from her little boy by that mean, nasty, racist, bigoted, xenophobic, oppressive, cruel, vicious United States and her mean, nasty, racist citizens who hate “undocumented” immigrants, those good, salt of the earth people who love their families and only want to do the work that Americans don’t want to do, and they only want to work hard, earn money, and provide for their families.

What a CROCK!@!!$@@##%%#@!@!!^$@!

I have full confidence that our politicians, news outlets, Hollywood movie makers and celebrities, et al, will succumb to this tactic of hers and those like her, and give her what she wants, sticking a thumb into the eye of legal citizens, legal immigrants, and US sovereignty. Rather than serving the US citizens and enforcing immigration laws, they succumb to foreign influence and stick it to the legal citizens, endangering us all, thus breaking their promise to defend the Constitution and protect the citizenry.

Can anyone say “We have weaklings as leaders?”

William

William2006 on August 29, 2007 at 12:29 PM

As Bryan points out,

There is a right (legal) and wrong (illegal) way to enter the country

It’s not about terrorism. It is about National Security and respect for US law.

Kini on August 29, 2007 at 12:33 PM

How about Taco Bell inspector supremo?

The more she demands to get back into this country, the more I want her and the rest of the criminals kicked out.

Hening on August 29, 2007 at 12:38 PM

So does that mean she will be advocating for these “Migrants”

ronsfi on August 29, 2007 at 12:44 PM

Does that include advocating for “immigrants” in Mexico that just so happen to be undocumented (since Mexico deports far more of said type than the U.S. does)?

thirteen28 on August 29, 2007 at 12:52 PM

Beso me culo puta.

infidel4life on August 29, 2007 at 11:17 AM

translation: I kiss my ass whore (bitch, slut).

Conjugation is a puto.

The Race Card on August 29, 2007 at 12:52 PM

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Doh!!!

The Race Card on August 29, 2007 at 12:54 PM

Race-
Thought that was funny too!

Wonder if all of us will be improving our Spanish over time.
Guy wrote yesterday from Rhode Island that he took his 84 year old mother to the SS office, and they had to look for somebody who spoke English.

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 1:13 PM

Sexy? Are you people crazy? She looks like she got hit in the face with a shovel.

Anyway, it’s just too bad that our huddled and stupid MSM play along with this kind of crap. Yes, it’s clear and obvious to anyone paying attention that’s she’s just a manipulative greedy attention whore, but the MSM aren’t paying attention.

Maybe someday we can have real reporters.

Merovign on August 29, 2007 at 1:24 PM

What I love is her whine about the illegal immigrants being treated unjustly. If we are so unjust, why don’t they just go back to Mexico and get all the just treatment they want?

thuja on August 29, 2007 at 1:25 PM

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 1:13 PM

I personally love the language. I find it to be very personal and warm. It correlates well with the more humble aspects of Hispanic/Latino cultures.

But I get offended on behalf of people who feel compelled to learn another language in their own country. What a drag it would be to have served your nation, been a good citizen and then to feel betrayed as a senior citizen. Disgusting.

I wonder how I would feel about Spanish if I had not been exposed to it in my formative years.

The Race Card on August 29, 2007 at 1:35 PM

Para mi reponse en español, presione el número 2

Zaire67 on August 29, 2007 at 2:01 PM

What kind of Hispanic mother would abandon her 8-year-old handicapped son, leaving him in the care of strangers, leaving her safe sanctuary to go participate in a public protest against US law all the way on the other side of the US? She had to know that she would probably get deported as a result, because by doing this, she was DARING immigration to come and get her!

And then she has the gall to blame the US for separating her from her son!

She is an unfit mother, and Presidente Calderon should tell her so.

jimbo2 on August 29, 2007 at 2:13 PM

SilverStar830 on August 29, 2007 at 11:59 AM

I couldn’t agree more…we’re watching the selling out of America.

oldernslower on August 29, 2007 at 2:20 PM

Hell, she’s a big time celebrity down there now. Why come back up here when she could be enjoying the sand and sun and tequilas at Cancun and Cabo instead? I mean, in her case, both are within driving distance.

pilamaye on August 29, 2007 at 2:20 PM

“Peace Ambassador!” Are we at war with Mexico?

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on August 29, 2007 at 2:23 PM

Brilliant! Make them all “Peace Ambassadors” right at the border and ding! We have 12 million Ambassadors with diplomatic immunity. Yay! Let’s get a bottle and go for a long drive honey!

ronsfi on August 29, 2007 at 2:31 PM

JiangxiDad on August 29, 2007 at 10:10 AM

It’s called the NAU and it’s already happening.

Gregor on August 29, 2007 at 2:33 PM

I’m no expert on the Spanish language, but I don’t think you’re right:
Vas is the present tense, 2nd person, singular of ir, to go. So, it means, “You go…” (and can also mean, “You are going…”).

When using the formal Usted, the command for (you) Go is vaya (I think).
The informal (i.e. w/o the Ud.) is Va.

So…
!Va, chica! or !Vaya usted, chica!

(We all better brush up on our espanol, seeing as how it’s gonna be our national language, soon.)

RedCrow on August 29, 2007 at 2:41 PM

Let ‘em appoint her. Then refuse to accept her credentials, since she doesn’t meet the standards for Ambassadors.

Want one on the other cheek?

mojo on August 29, 2007 at 3:03 PM

Nacho mama! would make a good VP for Hill. It would bring in the illegal alien vote.

saved on August 29, 2007 at 3:10 PM

FOB!

And I don’t mean “Friend Of Bill” either.

Teddy on August 29, 2007 at 3:27 PM

vamos

flipflopper on August 29, 2007 at 4:55 PM

There is no sanctuary in the USA if they do not want you here.

Ask Elian.

The MSM propagandizers are intentionally confusing The Hunchback of Notre Dame with reality.

El-virus was ‘in sanctuary’ swinging from the bell tower for a year only because the Bushies let her ring that bell. I doubt very much they were afraid to remove her. I assume they wanted her to grow as a martyr for their shared cause.

Remember ‘No Child Left Behind’?

We now have ‘Leave a Child Behind’.

or ‘Leave a Child Behind at Work Day’

or ‘Kick a Citizen in the Nuts if He Stands in Your Way Day’

Bush is pretty quiet about El-virus, is his not?

entagor on August 29, 2007 at 5:15 PM

Today I looked to my left and saw a car with what looked to me like a car load of illegals.(if it walks like a duck…)any way the older lady in car had one of those hoses up her nose for the oxygen,(came all the way from mex.to get free air), then I looked over to right and walking down the street,(as usual) there’s anchorbaby mommy with her two anchor babies and one in the oven. Just another typical day..oh, I forgot this is suppose to be about the ambassador of peace, sets some example, leaves her kid behind..

Legions on August 29, 2007 at 6:20 PM

Is the translation correct, is it peace ambassador or piece ambassador?

Wade on August 29, 2007 at 6:28 PM

Beso me culo puta.

infidel4life on August 29, 2007 at 11:17 AM

Um, I’m pretty sure you meant to say:
Besa mi culo, puta.
I, uh, um…thinkI’llletsomebodyelseexplainittoyou. **runs away**

inviolet on August 29, 2007 at 8:03 PM

Oops. I see someone else already has.

The Race Card on August 29, 2007 at 12:52 PM

Gracias al “Naipe de Raza.”

inviolet on August 29, 2007 at 8:08 PM

Go ahead and give her the title… even with it the US doesn’t have to allow her into the country as they could preemptively declare her persona-non-grata.

dahat on August 29, 2007 at 8:13 PM

dahat on August 29, 2007 at 8:13 PM

That’s good but what is better would be to cut deplomatic relations with that sh**hole.

TheSitRep on August 29, 2007 at 9:31 PM

I love the part about 5 million Mexicans up here being mistreated! I guess it depends on what your definition of the word “mistreatment” means!

JellyToast on August 29, 2007 at 9:56 PM

JellyToast on August 29, 2007 at 9:56 PM

And I can tell you there are 27 million americans who have no health ins. and are being mistreated every day at their worksites just for being an amer…Remember the video of the guy explaining how not to hire amer. workers.

Legions on August 30, 2007 at 7:39 AM

I’m all confused. Wasn’t the last ice age ended by global warming? What caused that and how come we’re not all dead?

Oldnuke on September 14, 2007 at 8:04 PM

Oldnuke on September 14, 2007 at 8:04 PM

Sorry about that, wrong thread. One of those senior moments.

Oldnuke on September 14, 2007 at 8:07 PM