Open thread: Michelle hosts The Factor Update: Video added

posted at 7:40 pm on August 28, 2007 by Bryan

8 PM Eastern, Fox News. If you think Sen. Larry Craig might be discussed, you might be right.

Highlights after the show.

Update: For some reason my net connection is sloooow tonight (thanks, Comcast!), so it’ll be a while before the video is uploaded and goes online. If you watched tonight, the highlight reel starts off with the opening segment on Craig, then moves on to the immigration battle with Enrique Morales (including the amusing line in which he admits that he intimidates some politicians), followed by the three-way between Michelle, Laura Schwartz and Karen Hanretty (who I hadn’t seen before, but liked. She’s a feisty Republican!) and finishes up with a little bit of the Teen Miss Clueless segment.

Update: Well. Three failed uploads to YouTube and one successful upload to sevenload later, here’s the highlight reel.

Link: sevenload.com

Comments

How can the left/Dems demonize Craig for gay behavior?

I thought being and acting gay was OK in their world.

What, footsies is unprotected, lewd behavior?

AZCON on August 28, 2007 at 7:50 PM

I hope Michelle breaks down the Cubs-Brewers series for us!

Not likely, huh?

radjah shelduck on August 28, 2007 at 7:57 PM

As for Craig…in the Democrat’s own words, “It’s only about sex”, right?

JetBoy on August 28, 2007 at 7:58 PM

What, footsies is unprotected, lewd behavior?

AZCON on August 28, 2007 at 7:50 PM

C’mon dude- even if you don’t believe he committed a crime despite the guilty plea… it’s pretty obvious what he was up to when you read the police report.

I don’t care if he’s a closeted gay, openly gay, or has gay orgies in hotel rooms. Soliciting gay sex in an airport restroom, subtle though it may have been? Yeah, I’d say that falls into the lewd category.

Hollowpoint on August 28, 2007 at 7:58 PM

My cable is out so post us a clip Bryan.

Thanks,
Steve

realVerse on August 28, 2007 at 8:04 PM

You know I hate to see anybody go down in flames (oops) but I really do want just a little more moral fiber from my lawmakers. I don’t care if he’s doing “lewd” things at home with other adults, but in the restroom at the airport??

Please…..

commonsensehoosier on August 28, 2007 at 8:06 PM

Thing is, the Republicans immediatley wanted to launch an ethics examination….do the Democrats ever act so quickly, if at all, to investigate one of their own?

As a side note: Why doesn’t FOX just axe Greta, and give Michelle the 10-11pm slot with her own show? Does anyone still watch Greta’s tabloid tripe anymore?

JetBoy on August 28, 2007 at 8:06 PM

Does Michelle have to go on an immigration rant EVERY TIME she guest hosts? Good Lord. I’m cool with Michelle guest hosting, but if she’s just going to talk about the same thing over and over again, I’m changing the channel.

SoulGlo on August 28, 2007 at 8:11 PM

JetBoy on August 28, 2007 at 8:06 PM

No, they don’t. I’m impressed that the Republicans aren’t circling the wagons around Craig- there’s a serious need for some party housecleaning if they’re to put themselves above the whole “culture of corruption” thing. Thankfully Murtha, Jefferson, Reid and Pelosi are doing much of the work for us.

Hollowpoint on August 28, 2007 at 8:20 PM

Yowza! MK – the barbie doll with brains :)

lsutiger on August 28, 2007 at 8:21 PM

SoulGlo on August 28, 2007 at 8:11 PM

Hey this is new. I for one want to hear everything Gov. Kaine has to say about illegal immigration.

F15Mech on August 28, 2007 at 8:23 PM

Enrique Morones reminds me of Baghdad Bob just before the war. He should wear a diaper on his face because of all the poo that comes out of his mouth.

Paul the American on August 28, 2007 at 8:26 PM

This guy Enrique is like a friggin’ robot. My head hurts…

JWS on August 28, 2007 at 8:26 PM

lol she slammed the door on that immigration guy, gj MM

trailortrash on August 28, 2007 at 8:26 PM

This guy is an idiot! Sheesh. He needs to get out of San Diego once in a while.

CrimsonFisted on August 28, 2007 at 8:26 PM

Come to think of it, doesn’t Duncan Hunter represent San Diego where they BUILT the fence and it was successful? And he wrote the law, which Bush signed, to build the rest of it.

CrimsonFisted on August 28, 2007 at 8:28 PM

Every single one of these open borders stooges that I see and/or hear is a freaking liar.

infidel4life on August 28, 2007 at 8:28 PM

The O’Reilly producers need to get a smarter, more articulate open borders stooge than Enrique Morones.

slp on August 28, 2007 at 8:35 PM

slp on August 28, 2007 at 8:35 PM

I think he is it.

CrimsonFisted on August 28, 2007 at 8:38 PM

Immigration is one of Michelle’s strong suites.

Great show!

Zorro on August 28, 2007 at 8:46 PM

OH GEEZ! My ears are bleeding after hearing that teen chick again!

lsutiger on August 28, 2007 at 8:56 PM

Bravo! Well done, as always.

Zorro on August 28, 2007 at 9:03 PM

Good job again Michelle, you just keep getting better with every show!

allrsn on August 28, 2007 at 9:04 PM

Jetboy, Greta WHO???

Michelle’s gotta bringin’ the ratings up even higher than they already are. Get with it FOX, The BossLady needs her own show!

Tony737 on August 28, 2007 at 9:06 PM

This was one of the best Michelle-hosted Factor episodes in a while.

PBoilermaker on August 28, 2007 at 9:11 PM

Agreed Michelle is getting much better. A more fluid delivery every show.

I wish the whole Craig story would just go away. I don’t excuse it, I just don’t want to hear about it. I learned a lot of things from Kelly in the segment about the issue that I just wish I didn’t know and want to unknow.

I don’t agree with it, but I don’t feel he is a threat to me, and I feel like the citizens of Idaho should clean house next election. Idaho has to have a better choice for Senate.

ThackerAgency on August 28, 2007 at 9:17 PM

Each time I view Michelle on the Factor, her preformance is better than the one before, and she is most definitely more relaxed and more in charge of the show. If Fox can find air time for someone like Geraldo(I never watch) they could do much better with a Michelle Malkin show. Geraldo could move to a Spanish network, there’s an unlimited supply of those and his people need him more than we do..(nobrainer).

Legions on August 28, 2007 at 9:20 PM

I’d like to learn more about Hillary’s china connection

Kini on August 28, 2007 at 10:11 PM

More Malkin, far less Geraldo!

Gatordoug on August 28, 2007 at 10:42 PM

radjah shelduck on August 28, 2007 at 7:57 PM

Nothing to break down: Cubs 5, Brewers 3. Heh.

Jaibones on August 28, 2007 at 11:09 PM

So, if PMSNBC — the network of dhimmi, whackjob leftists and their ilk — is truly the work of the devil, why is it basically the source of 3/4 of the posts on HotAir today?

With no Fat Rosie to entertain, are we now left with nothing but this mess of a cellar-dwelling loser-fest to talk about?

Jaibones on August 28, 2007 at 11:11 PM

I freakin hate O’Reilly and his fat head… so seeing Michelle on the Factor is refreshing. Especially because she actually let’s guests speak (what a concept, huh?)

Opinionnation on August 28, 2007 at 11:13 PM

Jaibones on August 28, 2007 at 11:11 PM

There are occasional posts here at HA about computer games that I just don’t “get” mainly because I discipline myself to use computers as a tool and not a game. (The way my personality is, I have to swear off games as others have to swear off booze or tobacco.) So swatting PMSNBC&Ilk is pure sport to me: Bam! Splat! Zowie! Oh what a relief it is!

ps. PMSNBC the work of the devil? Not so sure. The work of communist radical antipatriot treasonous bastages, maybe.

RushBaby on August 28, 2007 at 11:58 PM

Karen Hanretty passionately advocating a big time house cleaning of the GOP is very significant and great to see on national TV.

Mexican diplomatic corp employee Enrique can always be counted on to say what plays.
That he is now forced to acquiesce (as several invasion operatives have lately) and even retreat from the enforcement front lines just shows how much progress the pro America movement has achieved in the last year.

GO US!

Speakup on August 29, 2007 at 12:53 AM

How can the left/Dems demonize Craig for gay behavior?

I thought being and acting gay was OK in their world.

What, footsies is unprotected, lewd behavior?

AZCON on August 28, 2007 at 7:50 PM

Oh, it is, but liberals are so smug and believe themselves so above reproach in any opinion they have of anything, that they believe somehow we care if anyone is gay. The believe we think homosexuality is a horrible sin and that we’ll turn on anyone who gets outed by their wacky antics. They don’t understand we have a hatred for pedophilia, adultery, and representatives of the US hooking up in public restrooms, not homosexuality.

Now, my hatred of the homosexual lobby comes from the fact they’re a bunch of proud mary types who pretend they have moral authority when their modus operandi is infiltrating school systems with propaganda, geting their supposed “rights” by judicial fiat, and drumming up the spectre of “hate crimes” when most of them are hoaxes set up by the gay lobby themselves. If they weren’t such disingenuous, lying, amoral monsters, maybe their message wouldn’t fall on deaf ears.

BKennedy on August 29, 2007 at 1:48 AM

Jill Dobson is so freakin’ hot… wait, what was this thread about?

RightWinged on August 29, 2007 at 5:02 AM

“Pro Immigration Activist” my a$$, he’s a pro criminal immigration activist and thank God we have people like Michelle who will take the likes of him on for us.

As for Craig, this happened months ago and his career in politics is over. I’m a firm believer in term limits so it’s little loss especially since Craig voted for ShAmnesty. I do feel badly for his wife and kids though.

As for the little teen USA wannabe, it’s time to give her a break. Every time I see the clip I see her “deer in the headlights” look and know she knows she’s blowing the answer but can’t stop or fix it. I also think she answered the question wrong but defined the problem perfectly.

Buzzy on August 29, 2007 at 7:56 AM

sorry, Michelle. I can’t watch any more interviews with the pro-illegal alien bunch. they never go without saying comprehensive immigration reform and that most of America supports reform.

i support reform. reform the laws to be tougher. reform the laws to make entering illegally a federal offense. reform the laws to close businesses that hire illegals.

that’s my idea of reform.

madmonkphotog on August 29, 2007 at 9:00 AM

Let’s see.
Democrat: BJ not sex.
Republican: Footsie Lewd Behavior.
Seinfeld: Not that there is anything wrong with that

Wade on August 29, 2007 at 9:41 AM

SoulGlo on August 28, 2007 at 8:11 PM

Say what??!

AprilOrit on August 29, 2007 at 10:42 AM

footsie…LOL

next time I go to a stall I will climb on to the toilet bowl so nobody can see my feet!

Ropera on August 29, 2007 at 11:07 AM

Michelle, please keep up the attention on illegal immigration. The public has a piss poor attention span, and illegal immigration is on the short list of serious threats to the United States.

Also, tell Whorealdo to cool his latinitis jets. The US will get browner fast enough without his help. I wonder how he will like it when the common denominator of our hemisphere is equal and we become just another disfunctional third world country.

Be careful what you beg for.

saiga on August 29, 2007 at 1:02 PM

SoulGlo on August 28, 2007 at 8:11 PM

The ratings for the show just came in and you were not missed.

Michelle is very smart as to pick her battles. This battle should be kept on the front burner and Michelle is doing a great job of seeing this is accomplished.

Wade on August 29, 2007 at 1:07 PM

Good show MM, hate to think it was the last one for awhile.
Maybe FOX will see the light.

Dersu on August 29, 2007 at 4:52 PM

I wish she was hosting tonite. And EVERY NITE O’Reilly is gone. No one can sub for him better than MM can. In fact, I like her better than him. She’s spunkier…. Cuter too….

PoliticallyIncorrectSandy on August 29, 2007 at 11:46 PM

p.s. The little blonde beauty pageant contestant is the new Democratic strategist. Move over KP. LOL!!…..

PoliticallyIncorrectSandy on August 29, 2007 at 11:49 PM

The difference between Republicans and Democrats continues to amaze me. The Democrats protect there own… aka Refrigerator Jefferson, while the Republicans are most eager to throw them overboard. — At this rate the Democrats will keep its majority just by attrition.

Dasher on August 30, 2007 at 8:39 AM