Open thread: Larry Craig presser at 4:30 p.m. ET; Update: GOP Senate leaders call for ethics probe of Craig; Update: “I am not gay” video added; Update: Press(?) heckles Craig; Update: Craig’s a “sexual deviant,” says Chris Matthews

posted at 4:09 pm on August 28, 2007 by Allahpundit

An anxious, darkly amused nation waits with bated breath. Is Craiggers on his way “out”? Or is he going to soldier on to a glorious landslide defeat next November? You’d better believe we’ll have video. Prediction: He denies everything but announces that he’s retiring at the end of his term so that he can spend more time with his grandchildren. Hey, he’s a family man.

Some reading while we wait. He was “agitated and demeaning” upon being arrested, says the cop who collared him. Really? Our Craiggers? The man who showed him his business card and quipped, “What do you think about that?” Meanwhile, Mitt makes a bold, risky move by dragging the Clenis into this. That’s smart politics in giving the base something to rally to, not so smart in antagonizing the left, which probably would have let him skate on this.

FYI, Craig’s rating by the gay rights group Human Rights Campaign: donut.

Update: You’re on your own, Larry.

Update: Here’s the statement. He’s not quitting but he did say he’ll decide next month whether he’ll stand for re-election. He’s also absolutely, positively, no-doubt-about-it, 100% not gay. Stand by for video, including some parting shots by our illustrious press corps calling on him to come out of the closet.

Update: Here’s the vid. His excuse for pleading guilty in June? Those mean people at the Idaho Statesman, whose checking up on him got him so flustered and disoriented that he, er, copped a plea to a charge stemming from an alleged act of lewd conduct. Makes sense.

He’s retained counsel to explore his options, presumably re: overturning the plea. Probability: Extremely low. Be sure to listen closely at the very end of the clip (I’ve boosted the audio) for the press — or bystanders? — yelling, “What if you are gay?” and “Come out of the closet!”

Update: MM polls her readers. Auf wiedesehen, Larry.

Update: You can always count on Chrissy. I quite agree with Mark Finkelstein: Please, let’s do have our moral betters weigh in on the parameters of deviancy. We’d all love to know.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

What a mess. The Republican meltdown is heating up. Gays on the right, ideots on the left. Illegal immigrants from below, muslims from above.

God help us.

saiga on August 28, 2007 at 4:12 PM

Michael Rogers is getting new press on this story. Apparently nobody in the press remembers Rogers’ campaign with compatriot John Avarosis(America Blog) to publicly out every gay employee in the Congress. That was 2004.

I guess they forgot that Human Rights Campaign had to fire a staffer for “misuse of company resources” in assisting with the ghost web campaign to out Mark Foley. That was 2006.

gabriel sutherland on August 28, 2007 at 4:13 PM

Caption for the front page photo of Sen. Craig, “Then I grabbed his ass like this.”

Bad Candy on August 28, 2007 at 4:18 PM

Gov. Romney:

…Expecting people to live a life consistent with the dignity of the office to which they’re elected is something which the American people should be able to count on.

You spoke what’s on my mind, sir.

RushBaby on August 28, 2007 at 4:21 PM

Looking for sex in an airport cammode stall must indicate some variety of sickness. Think of the disgusting germs.

saiga on August 28, 2007 at 4:22 PM

Staying on for the remainder of his term is unnacceptable. He’s got to go.

Kensington on August 28, 2007 at 4:23 PM

He’s got to go.

Kensington on August 28, 2007 at 4:23 PM

It sounds to me that he didn’t have to go. he had something else on his mind.

saiga on August 28, 2007 at 4:25 PM

Hey its not like he is a democrat with 100,000 dollars in his freezer or He had shoved a airport worker !

This is something really serious !

/Hope he is gone too just so we can keep the pressure on dems on how they let the bad eggs slide

William Amos on August 28, 2007 at 4:26 PM

Shouldn’t we all reserve judgement until we hear Craig’s own personal “truth”?

Mike Honcho on August 28, 2007 at 4:27 PM

The news,Bill maher,Olby,the rest are going to have a field
day.But where was the media when Barney Franks boyfriend
was running prostition business out of Barney Franks basement.And Barney Frank claims he had no clue what was going on.

canopfor on August 28, 2007 at 4:28 PM

No word from the mayors of LA and San Fransico about their thoughts on these affairs ?

William Amos on August 28, 2007 at 4:31 PM

I wonder how long it will be before we get the “Congressional Gay Caucus”

saiga on August 28, 2007 at 4:33 PM

Dear Mr. Craig
Leave Washington, leave the GOP, go back to Idaho and don’t ever come near republicans, republican events or public bathrooms ever again
Signed
The Conservatives

Defector01 on August 28, 2007 at 4:33 PM

Let’s get a few things straight. Allahpundit wouldn’t give a rat’s ass if this was a homosexual Democrat that ran a gay prostitution ring out of his home in Massachusetts. Because, well, that’s what’s expected of Democrats. But since this is a Repug, he is supposedly a hypocrite, and that makes it really juicy. Do I have that about right AP? So, now perhaps you can show us your many posts about Barney Frank’s gay lover and pimp.

You must get a special joy in humiliating people publicly. I don’t give me the line that he did it to himself. You are fanning the flames (so to speak). I bet you’re real proud.

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 28, 2007 at 4:33 PM

Why even have a press conference??? Just do as Foley did. Just leave.

Rightwingsparkle on August 28, 2007 at 4:33 PM

And Romney also included this jab at Bill Clinton as he continued to talk about Craig: “I think it reminds us of Mark Foley and Bill Clinton. I think it reminds us of the fact that people who are elected to public office continue to disappoint, and they somehow think that if they vote the right way on issues of significance or they can speak a good game, that we’ll just forgive and forget. And the truth of the matter is, the most important thing we expect from elected–an elected official is a level of dignity and character that we can point to for our kids and our grandkids, and say, `Hey, someday I hope you grow up and you’re someone like that person.’ And we’ve seen disappointment in the White House, we’ve seen it in the Senate, we’ve seen it in Congress. And frankly, it’s disgusting.”

HAHA, smack’em smack’em good.

I’m starting to like Mitt a little more.

Speakup on August 28, 2007 at 4:34 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 28, 2007 at 4:33 PM

You are a goddamn idiot.

Bad Candy on August 28, 2007 at 4:34 PM

Bad Candy on August 28, 2007 at 4:34 PM

What a deep intellect you have.

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 28, 2007 at 4:35 PM

Listening to Hannity about this,looks like the gay groups now have a CAUSE.

canopfor on August 28, 2007 at 4:35 PM

Andy,

I can promise you that if a Democrat congressman ran a gay prostitution ring out of his home, Allah would be all over it, with glee, and it would be hilarious.

Allah wouldn’t have posts about Barney Frank because it was forever ago before Allah and blogs!

Rightwingsparkle on August 28, 2007 at 4:36 PM

I can hardly bear to watch this press conference.

Rightwingsparkle on August 28, 2007 at 4:37 PM

Think of all the disgusting germs when having sex with someone (you don’t know) anywhere.

What Craig did wouldn’t be illegal in a bar, why should it be illegal in a restroom? Now, I don’t want someone rubbing his foot on my son’s foot when he goes to an airport restroom, but I’ve had men give me their phone numbers while waiting in an airport lounge. Both are solicitations to sex and neither should be illegal although both are uncomfortable and unwanted (by me! by my son, but not by everyone).

If the MN airport has a problem with sex it its bathrooms, they should post a security officer in them at all times. Perhaps that would discourage such behavior.

MayBee on August 28, 2007 at 4:37 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 28, 2007 at 4:33 PM

You know, no one’s forcing you to read the blog.

Slublog on August 28, 2007 at 4:37 PM

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, T-E-R-M L-I-M-I-T-S are in order for both the House and the Senate.

eanax on August 28, 2007 at 4:37 PM

Rightwingsparkle on August 28, 2007 at 4:36 PM

He had a previous website. You know the photoshop stuff? He should stick to that.

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 28, 2007 at 4:37 PM

You know, no one’s forcing you to read the blog.

Slublog on August 28, 2007 at 4:37 PM

What is your point? That I’m not allowed to post MY opinion? Seig Slublog!!!

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 28, 2007 at 4:39 PM

ACK! He’s staying.

Rightwingsparkle on August 28, 2007 at 4:40 PM

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington filed a complaint with the Senate ethics committee seeking an investigation into whether Craig violated Senate rules by engaging in disorderly conduct.

I’m sorry, I’d like to see Craig go on principe but this is just a little crazy — um OK, so he broke the rules- this would be ok if stupid CREW were requesting the Committee to retroactively punish others still in office for like actions – Barney Frank etc.

Tell me why this group has not been investigated by the IRS yet?

Topsecretk9 on August 28, 2007 at 4:41 PM

What is your point? That I’m not allowed to post MY opinion? Seig Slublog!!!
Andy in Agoura Hills on August 28, 2007 at 4:39 PM

Why, thank you. It’s about time someone recognized my greatness.

Slublog on August 28, 2007 at 4:41 PM

Frank was censured by the House for running a brothel in his home circa 1990. No “Allah is in the House” back then.

baldilocks on August 28, 2007 at 4:41 PM

“What do you think about that?”

What a smoooooth talker.

Harpoon on August 28, 2007 at 4:42 PM

What Exactly Is The Crime?

bnelson44 on August 28, 2007 at 4:42 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 28, 2007 at 4:39 PM

You bore me.

Bad Candy on August 28, 2007 at 4:42 PM

He’s making an ass out of himself in his presser. Just go away, Mr. Craig. Please.

Matticus Finch on August 28, 2007 at 4:43 PM

Mitt! is the only top tier republican that can occupy the moral high ground. This is why I am encouraged when I seen the poll of evangelicals stating family etc was a top importance.

csdeven on August 28, 2007 at 4:43 PM

Andy,

Illicit sex and priests along with illicit sex and politicians is always bad. Trolling for gay sex in a commode stall in a stinking airport bathroom does not rise to the standard of Senatorial behavior. Craig should be grilled for his incredibly lecherous behavior.

saiga on August 28, 2007 at 4:44 PM

Just hearing him speak,he claims he over re-acted
any thoughts.I hope till the election not one Republican
thats in office gets so much as a parking ticket.

canopfor on August 28, 2007 at 4:44 PM

any thoughts.I hope till the election not one Republican thats in office gets so much as a parking ticket.

For a Republican, their worst enemies are always fellow Republicans. What a remarkable party…

bnelson44 on August 28, 2007 at 4:46 PM

Where is that old cartoon about the “Diverter” being sent out by Bush to divert the news ?

Isnt it obvious that Craig only did this to divert the news from Iraq ?

William Amos on August 28, 2007 at 4:46 PM

“What do you think about that?”

Senator Craig’s defense would have been more believable had he not done that.

Mike Honcho on August 28, 2007 at 4:46 PM

You bore me.

Bad Candy on August 28, 2007 at 4:42 PM

[sniff][sniff]…I don’t know how I’ll be able to carry on knowing I bore “Bad Candy”…

….

Okay, I’m over it.

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 28, 2007 at 4:48 PM

Well he must be really confident the Press can;t turn up a lover because he was unequivocal (or he thinks he has nothing to lose at this point).

TheBigOldDog on August 28, 2007 at 4:49 PM

Please knock off the nonsense. It’s off-topic. Andy, if you want to whine about me, e-mail Michelle and try to get me replaced. That’s not what the comments are for.

Allahpundit on August 28, 2007 at 4:50 PM

saiga on August 28, 2007 at 4:44 PM

I agree with 100% of what you said. But harping on a sexual indiscretion is morally corrupt. To Democrats, its schadenfreude (sp?). For conservatives to beat a dead horse is plain pathetic. The second this report hit the wires, his Senatorial career was over. Now, move on.

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 28, 2007 at 4:51 PM

Anyone from Idaho here? What are Craig’s chances of surviving a primary challenge?

Slublog on August 28, 2007 at 4:52 PM

No the diverter only came out when Hillary couldn,t
get Bills !ss out of a jam!

canopfor on August 28, 2007 at 4:52 PM

Allahpundit on August 28, 2007 at 4:50 PM

I don’t wanna replace you, I wanna improve you. The new and improved AP would be MUCH better than the old, standard AP.

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 28, 2007 at 4:53 PM

Personally I want to focus on what is going over in Iraq right now than with this silliness.

The US just captured several more iranian “Diplomats” in a hotel over there.

That is a far bigger story.

William Amos on August 28, 2007 at 4:55 PM

Craig: I’m not gay
Defector: Who said we care about that?

Defector01 on August 28, 2007 at 4:56 PM

The new and improved AP would be MUCH better than the old, standard AP.

The “new and improved” AP who doesn’t cover national stories because they reflect badly on the GOP?

Like I said, e-mail Michelle.

Allahpundit on August 28, 2007 at 4:57 PM

Slublog on August 28, 2007 at 4:52 PM

Wouldn’ be a hoot if his approvals shot up? Doubtful, but Vitter sure got a boost.

Topsecretk9 on August 28, 2007 at 4:57 PM

ditto

God help us.

saiga

unditto

your right on saiga

daddee02004 on August 28, 2007 at 4:58 PM

Allahpundit on August 28, 2007 at 4:50 PM

And I dig that about you.

and…

your welcome.

Don’t. Ever. Change.

swami on August 28, 2007 at 5:00 PM

Everything inside of the Beltway makes me want to vomit. I have contempt for them all – right and left. I trust none of them. I respect none of them. I am sickened by all of them. What they’ve done is to destroy the faith of the People in their own government. And they don’t give a damn about the People.

I’m a conservative without a Party – and I’m sick of the slimy and polluted souls, inside of the Beltway, that corrupt everything they touch.

I simply want to vomit.

OhEssYouCowboys on August 28, 2007 at 5:00 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 28, 2007 at 4:51 PM

Seriously, are you retarded or did you just travel back in time from a distant enough future when this was old news? It’s gotta be one of the two.

The story just broke today, and we just got his press conference less than an hour ago. Beating a dead horse? Just how many milliseconds after the story broke was it acceptable for discussion?

Hollowpoint on August 28, 2007 at 5:01 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills,

No, you don’t want to improve AP; you want to accuse him of being a hypocrite.

What recent Dem scandal has AP missed? Give examples or hush yourself. Or better yet, complain to MM as suggested, though I bet it would get the same response.

Karl on August 28, 2007 at 5:01 PM

And he wasn’t ‘gay’ in ’82 either.

Is there another category that fits here that I don’t know about?

BobH on August 28, 2007 at 5:02 PM

(Carrying forward a thought from the previous post…)

Here’s another defense for Larry Craig.

He’s mind numbingly stupid.

“At the time of this incident, I complained to the police that they were misconstruing my actions. I was not involved in any inappropriate conduct.

I should have had the advice of counsel in resolving this matter. In hindsight, I should not have pled guilty. I was trying to handle this matter myself quickly and expeditiously.”

“He believed the police were acting inappropriately accusing him of being a gay sex criminal when he isn’t, he had two months to think about it, and he never got the advice of a lawyer?”

If that is true, and I’ll leave that to your judgment, then he is too stupid to be in the senate and he should step down forthwith.

Wow.

Christoph on August 28, 2007 at 5:04 PM

great
throw him out of the senate not only for being a pervert but also for being a complete moron

but then where does that leave other senators?

Defector01 on August 28, 2007 at 5:06 PM

Ditto – I mean if a “lawmaker” doesn’t realize the wisdom of seeking counsel in this day and age – them um on those grounds alone he ought resign – good golly , miss molly how dumb.

Topsecretk9 on August 28, 2007 at 5:08 PM

he should step down forthwith.

Christoph on August 28, 2007 at 5:04 PM

Agreed – not because he may or may not be gay, but because of his B E H A V I O R. I could care less about his sexual orientation. But he’s been caught dead to rights, and his refusal to step down stokes a white hot fire in me.

RushBaby on August 28, 2007 at 5:09 PM

Have any other senators confirmed that he has a wide stance?

pedestrian on August 28, 2007 at 5:11 PM

Great. Wonderful.

Is it possible to get rid of all the deadbeats before 08? Can we have a roll call and have all of those who have something they are hiding please stand up and exit as quickly as possible?

And people blame Bush for the demise of the Republican party.

Sue on August 28, 2007 at 5:12 PM

Yes, his behavior is creepy. Are we going to start ousting all creepy-acting politicians from office? I don’t think so. I don’t want to, although I’d be fine if his constituents decided not to reelect him.

MayBee on August 28, 2007 at 5:14 PM

Oh what a tangled web you weave when you yearn for the choad

LtE126 on August 28, 2007 at 5:15 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills,

This is a huge story. That’s reality. Surely you can’t expect Allah not to report it.

Buy Danish on August 28, 2007 at 5:16 PM

Bad Candy at 4:18- I’m still laughin’ my as* off!

Ex-tex on August 28, 2007 at 5:17 PM

When will he go into rehab? Isn’t that the popular path in these situations?

journeyscarab on August 28, 2007 at 5:19 PM

Yes. Particularly if you mean his unbelievable stupidity.

His best option now is to come out and say he is both gay, has sex with strangers in public places, and is a liar.

Seriously. That’s better than saying the police were acting inappropriately setting him up as a gay pervert and not seeing a lawyer (for two months).

Christoph on August 28, 2007 at 5:21 PM

My question is: Which side leaked this story?
If this occured in June, and he’s already pled out, why are we only hearing about it now?

billy on August 28, 2007 at 5:26 PM

Christoph on August 28, 2007 at 5:21 PM

Heck with that. I think his best option is to issue an apology at least as picturesque as Michael Vicks, clean out his desk, and catch a plane home – for good.

RushBaby on August 28, 2007 at 5:31 PM

Craig: “…I never have Bengay”

How strange.

ultraloser on August 28, 2007 at 5:35 PM

Hollowpoint on August 28, 2007 at 5:01 PM

Hey, another deep intellect. That’s two in one day. I must say HA sure pulls in the best the web has to offer.

Just so you are really clear: These stories that out a public figure, based on their sexual behavior, have been going on for quite some time. This is like slowing down to look at a car accident. BFD. It is not big news because it in no way affects the balance of the Senate. So, the attraction must be people like you that like to see public figures humiliated. Especially for sexual issues. Hey if that’s your thing, fine. But have the ballz to admit it.

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 28, 2007 at 5:35 PM

Craig: “Thank you for coming out today.”

baldilocks on August 28, 2007 at 5:36 PM

No, you don’t want to improve AP; you want to accuse him of being a hypocrite.

Karl on August 28, 2007 at 5:01 PM

Oh that’s what I was thinking. Glad you cleared that up. Your super powers have must come in handy quite often eh?

BTW, I NEVER said AP missed a recent Dem scandal.

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 28, 2007 at 5:39 PM

Craig: “Thank you for coming out today.”

baldilocks on August 28, 2007 at 5:36 PM

You forgot the end baldilocks!

Craig” “Thank you for coming out today, because I’m not.”

Rightwingsparkle on August 28, 2007 at 5:40 PM

So basically Andy, if I hear you right, you’re saying, “MORE HUMPING ROBOTS”
Maybe on the weekend, if you’re good and stop annoying everybody.

billy on August 28, 2007 at 5:43 PM

We really, really, REALLY need a viable third party.

infidel4life on August 28, 2007 at 5:46 PM

98.2% of politicians are hypocrites. They change their opinions as often as the wind blows. It doesn’t matter if they’re Republicans, Democrats, Socialists, Facists, Communists. All hypocrites.

Yes, I’m a cynic. But it keeps me from being surprised by people’s actions.

Hasn’t anyone heard the old Biblical saying, “That which is hidden in the dark will eventually be shouted from the rooftops.” ? Makes sense to me.

mjk on August 28, 2007 at 5:47 PM

Tapping his foot on the floor of his stall? I thought only Mr. Ed did that.

So, might we say Senator Craig is now out of the water closet?

doingwhatican on August 28, 2007 at 5:48 PM

MayBee on August 28, 2007 at 5:14 PM

It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native criminal class except Congress.
- Mark Twain

MB4 on August 28, 2007 at 5:50 PM

Heh. “Thank you all for coming out today…”

Big S on August 28, 2007 at 5:52 PM

Aww…Allah changed the pic so my captin doesn’t make any sense anymore. :(

Bad Candy on August 28, 2007 at 5:54 PM

We really, really, REALLY need a viable third party.

infidel4life on August 28, 2007 at 5:46 PM

Another self-loathing GOP gay. What a shock. When the evangelicals took over the party, the “big tent” closed up. First gays were alienated then purged, now hispanics are alienated and abandoning the GOP. Way to go, “God’s Children”, you have ensured we will have Democratic rule for the next 20-30 years.

The Sinner on August 28, 2007 at 5:55 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 28, 2007 at 5:35 PM

Well, I guess we rule out the time machine and go with retarded.

A story that could quite likely could have (and may yet) lead to the resignation and/or censuring of a US Senator isn’t news worthy of a blog? If he did (or does) end up resigning over this you’re suggesting it’s still not news because it wouldn’t result in a party shift in the Senate?

He committed a crime, the nature of which will certainty will affect his political career. But it involves a Republican and sex, so I guess we’re all supposed to just ignore the story? Ridiculous.

If you don’t like hotair.com, then go. You won’t be missed; perhaps the Bush-bot Freepers will take you in. Better yet, start your own blog rather than tell an editor of a successful one what’s acceptable for discussion.

Hollowpoint on August 28, 2007 at 6:00 PM

So larry craig isnt gay his foot is just directionally challenged ?

William Amos on August 28, 2007 at 6:01 PM

Rightwingsparkle on August 28, 2007 at 5:40 PM

He said that? LOL! That’s what I get for lifting stuff from Ace instead of listening to the presser.

baldilocks on August 28, 2007 at 6:07 PM

Allahpundit wouldn’t give a rat’s ass if this was a homosexual Democrat that ran a gay prostitution ring out of his home in Massachusetts…So, now perhaps you can show us your many posts about Barney Frank’s gay lover and pimp.

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 28, 2007 at 4:33 PM

18 minutes later:

But harping on a sexual indiscretion is morally corrupt…For conservatives to beat a dead horse is plain pathetic.

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 28, 2007 at 4:51 PM

Nice.

John from WuzzaDem on August 28, 2007 at 6:10 PM

Andy-

Just a quick suggestion…read the archives at this site. AP covers it all..the good, the bad and the ugly. What I admire about him and MM, is that he is free to disagree with her, and sometimes he does.

Pam on August 28, 2007 at 6:11 PM

So how can this man, in such a high position, fool so many highly intelligent men?…because they don’t have the Malkins to hold each other accountable.

They all point fingers after the fact, but none of them acted on rumours (sound familiar Florida?)that were circulation before.

They cover for each other, then turn on the offender quicker than Vick’s dogs.

right2bright on August 28, 2007 at 6:11 PM

Who was the senator who wanted to spend millions on the updating of the Senate excercise room? I think it included a jacuzzi…aka bath house.

right2bright on August 28, 2007 at 6:16 PM

They cover for each other, then turn on the offender quicker than Vick’s dogs.

right2bright on August 28, 2007 at 6:11 PM

Actually I don’t think there’s a cover-up here; I think this story was leaked to Roll Call (who broke the story) by someone in the Republican camp.

billy on August 28, 2007 at 6:28 PM

Well, I guess we rule out the time machine and go with retarded.

Hollowpoint on August 28, 2007 at 6:00 PM

Oh, well allow me to retort: F*CK YOU A$$HOLE.

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 28, 2007 at 6:40 PM

Just as I thought. NO BALLZ.

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 28, 2007 at 6:43 PM

In other news, Chriss Matthews was seen slobbering over pictures of Bill Clinton, closing his eyes, and then making a noise which authorities said “resembled that which a female intern with a stained blue dress would make.” This was done in broad daylight and can be observed any time the show Hardball is on.

BKennedy on August 28, 2007 at 6:49 PM

mjk on August 28, 2007 at 5:47 PM

Is Craig a hypocrite? Why? He may be a sinner, but he is certainly not a hypocrite unless he’s been publicly speaking out against gay public bathroom sex. I don’t seem to recall that.

Exit question: Is it possible for a gay man to be a conservative? Discuss.

Andy in Agoura Hills on August 28, 2007 at 6:49 PM