Video: The forbidden “Craig supports Romney” clip

posted at 11:11 pm on August 27, 2007 by Allahpundit

Inevitably Team Romney tried to suppress it and just as inevitably some ‘Net savant rescued it from the memory hole. It won’t do Mitt any harm but it’s good for an illicit chuckle. Enjoy.

Patrick Ruffini’s already thinking about replacements.

Comments

Inevitably Team Romney tried to suppress it

Did he “try to suppress” it… or get rid of it to distance himself from someone who turned out to be a sicko? I think saying he tried to “suppress” it sounds dirty and a little misleading…. I’m not some Mitt supporter, but I have to say, while maybe technically accurate, that statement paints a weird picture, because obviously Romney SHOULD have taken the video down and distance himself. If I were him, I’d lash out an scold Craig, but that wouldn’t be good politics for a variety of reasons… guess that’s why I’m not a politician.

RightWinged on August 27, 2007 at 11:16 PM

There’s nothing dirty about it. They did try to suppress it — they made it private instead of public because they didn’t want anyone to see it. Can’t blame them. That’s why I said “inevitably.”

Allahpundit on August 27, 2007 at 11:18 PM

So if you tap your foot in the men’s stall you can get some extra service?

You learn so much from police reports.

Vincenzo on August 27, 2007 at 11:27 PM

Man, we oughta bring back James Traficant. Remember that guy? The crazy corrupt guy with the really bad hair? At least when that guy was corrupt, he was fun.

Bad Candy on August 27, 2007 at 11:34 PM

Geez, speaking of the Olympics, that was an amateurish video if there ever was one.

corona on August 27, 2007 at 11:35 PM

Allahpundit on August 27, 2007 at 11:18 PM

Well, again it’s technically accurate.. but it “suppressed” just sounds worse than how I view it… However I don’t understand why it was made private, rather than deleted?

RightWinged on August 27, 2007 at 11:39 PM

I’d just like to add that I fly often, and will from here on in refrain from any foot tapping or “hand swiping” while using the porcelain crown.

Vincenzo on August 27, 2007 at 11:50 PM

Warning: If you have restless leg syndrome, stay out of public restrooms.

What happend to Mitt hurts all of the candidates, because it is a Republican. This guy was willing to destroy a candidancy just to get a little action. Hadn’t he ever heard of the yellow pages (or Santa Monica Blvd.)?

I agree with Righwinged, the word suppress is meant to incite, where I think a better word would be distance himself from this idiot, or maybe he removed it because it did not want his support anymore. Suppress or remove.
But hey, jounalistic privilege. Suppress is a much more exciting word, probably inaccurate, but it pays your bills so go for it. The others do it, why not you?

The Romney “swat” team swooped down and suppressed any video record of Craigs’s statement of support, erasing what official record there was of any support….news at 11.

right2bright on August 27, 2007 at 11:50 PM

In the past, I’ve also been known to “whistle dixie” while waiting out my biological processes. In the future, I’ll avoice belting out any showtunes or Wham songs.

Vincenzo on August 27, 2007 at 11:55 PM

Where do I go from here to a better state than this?

ScottMcC on August 28, 2007 at 12:03 AM

So if you tap your foot in the men’s stall you can get some extra service?

Um, YES. Duh.

:-)

Good Lt on August 28, 2007 at 12:10 AM

right2bright on August 27, 2007 at 11:50 PM

Allah posts thousands of words each day, 7 days a week. You get hissy and pull out the tarbrush over ONE word. Do you just sit there waiting for it?

laelaps on August 28, 2007 at 12:11 AM

My own private Idaho video.

Hahaha.

Karol on August 28, 2007 at 1:22 AM

Warning: If you have restless leg syndrome, stay out of public restrooms.

Wouldn’t it be more accurate if that read, “Warning: If you don’t want people to think you were cruising for sex in the men’s room, don’t plead guilty to a charge of disorderly conduct when the police are alleging you were cruising for sex in a men’s room”?

Drew on August 28, 2007 at 1:32 AM

I keep wondering, maybe he just wanted someone to spare a square?

What, you didn’t think of a good poopy joke?

Kini on August 28, 2007 at 2:04 AM

I can’t imagine being Romney and hearing about this. To be a fly on the wall hehe. I am curious why they didn’t just delete it? Odd.

Drew, no kidding!

Highrise on August 28, 2007 at 3:35 AM

AP, since you talk about your blog statistics and page views on pretty much any post, I’m going to consider this “on topic” or you can delete it when you get to it or keep it on here, it’s up to you.

Nothing produces Hot Air like fire, except for maybe Michelle on the Factor when she’s on a tear.

I notice you use Feedburner for your syndication. So do I, but my website is a secret.

;-)

A syndicated secret.

Anyway, I just started using a GREAT Feedburner service after I saw it at the Captain’s Quarter’s after Ed’s recent blog redesign.

It allows you to add an “email this post” link to the bottom of any syndicated content.

It’s not exactly the first ever implementation, but you already use Feedburner and you can trust them to do a bang-up job.

With Michelle gaining popularity in no small measure due to your efforts here at hot air, this service would allow any of us to easily, quickly, and with the minimum of friction promote Hot Air to our friends, who or may not be of like minds.

This means more page views and higher advertising revenue. Perhaps even an iPhone.

On my blog, I used a bit of CSS and a custom icon to pretty up the feed link and even used the title tag so it says:

[cool friend icon]Share “Title of Blog Post” with a friend…

I’m not sure I understand every aspect of your business model, but more page views is probably good.

You can learn about it here: FeedFlare

… and it took me maybe 45-minutes to put online (because of my custom styling).

I really want you to get that iPhone. After all, you’ve provided me hours of mindless entertainment when I should have been working. You’ve denied me my own iPhone.

I want you to see the pleasure you’ve cost me. I’m sure you’ll feel very guilty.

Christoph on August 28, 2007 at 6:56 AM

If the Republican dolts continue their destructive ways the Democrats will soon have 100 seats in the senate. The Republic is in deep trouble.

rplat on August 28, 2007 at 7:32 AM

Maybe it’s me but I’m much more upset that Mitt was supported by a ShAmnesty clown than that the guy was gay.

Buzzy on August 28, 2007 at 8:26 AM

laelaps on August 28, 2007 at 12:11 AM

No, actually I just sit here waiting for stupid comments from ignorant people. Thanks for coming along, I feel like I didn’t waste my time.

Let me explain it to you, that one word, the word in red (the one of only 30), is an important word and it was misused. It was used to try to convey that Mitt was trying to “cover up” something, not retreat. As if Mitt was trying to conceal damaging information. That is the power of words. If it was not such a big deal, why not say “Mitt was retreating from his support and removed the video”, probably more accurate.
That is my take on it, and this was the first time in over a year I had a problem with AP and his choice of words. Some of his beliefs and editorials, that’s a different story.
Don’t get in such a hissy, AP is a big boy and can handle me with no problem. He is more intelligent, better looking, younger, is a professional wordsmith, his only weakness is he covets an iPhone…the mark of an athiest.

right2bright on August 28, 2007 at 8:38 AM

Buzzy on August 28, 2007 at 8:26 AM

Me too.
I see both parties this way.
Current mainstream democrat’s life view is based on hatred of Bush.
A liberal democrat’s life view is based on support of homosexuality, abortion and fear of Christians.

Current mainstream republican’s life view is based on dislike of Bush.
A conservative republican’s view is based on support of pro-life, anti-homosexuality and being a Christian.

Everything else is secondary to the above views and in my opinion they should be secondary to running the country. We have all sorts of domestic issues and the only thing that drives both parties is dislike of bush and love or hatred of homosexual issues.

Pathetic if you ask me.

I’m neither a liberal democrat nor a conservative republican and both of the above is what keep me from being one or the other. I know I’m generalizing and simplifying but that’s the things that really stick out when talking politics with people over here in MA. We recently had a town election and the first thing out of every one of the democrats running was how pro-homosexual they were. I was more concerned with trash pickup and snow removal but I guess the burning issues in the town were all homosexual related. Who would have thought?

Now if we could get a third party that wasn’t completely insane it would be nice.

I was just told off by my wife because I am always tapping my foot during breakfast and I undoubtedly do it other times and in other places. It looks like I’ll have to change my ways now that foot tapping has been co-opted by the homosexuals.

jmarcure on August 28, 2007 at 9:08 AM

No doubt, the fact that Allah is a Fred supporter played a small part in this use of the word “suppress”.

RightWinged,

I left you (and Bradky) a message over at the other thread.

Buy Danish on August 28, 2007 at 9:33 AM

Oh man, if that’s “support” that Allah’s been showing, I do wish he’d go support someone else.

Karol on August 28, 2007 at 1:39 PM