Quote of the day

posted at 10:30 pm on August 27, 2007 by Allahpundit

His mother took the diaper-less tot to a tree in the yard, held him in a squatting position and made a gentle hissing sound — prompting the infant to relieve himself on cue before he rushed back to play…

“The nice part is … really getting the majority of poops in the toilet versus having to clean that,” Klatt said.

Comments

Um…no.

Just…no.

Slublog on August 27, 2007 at 10:40 PM

She says finding a supportive daycare center is the biggest challenge for parents who choose not to use diapers.

Hard to believe *sarc* more daycare centers aren’t on board with this. Who would mind a little brown racing stripe down the slide or on the playmat? Some parents are really hard to understand.

thedecider on August 27, 2007 at 10:41 PM

Did I just read that some dopey mother lets her kid pee in the sink of public restrooms?!!!! That’s nasty. I’m thinking this whole “movement” is nothing but a bunch of control freaks trying to impose their stupid views on the rest of us.

bloggless on August 27, 2007 at 10:42 PM

As long as the entire process occurs before I get home from work, I’m A-Ok with it.

PeteRR on August 27, 2007 at 10:42 PM

If I EVER see a father letting a child piss in a sink, I’ll smash him right in the face.

Living in Madison, I’m suspicious that the child I saw pissing in front of a used video game store is one of these children. God save us.

MadisonConservative on August 27, 2007 at 10:44 PM

That’s just nasty.

Pam on August 27, 2007 at 10:45 PM

Ummm…if you want to go diaper free, all the power to ya, and good luck with it. I think you’re more trained than the baby, but whatever floats your boat.

But in the SINK?

Bob's Kid on August 27, 2007 at 10:54 PM

The last time I saw that, I was in New York. It was a (probably) homeless man peeing on the side of a building. Is that what these kids are going to grow up to emulate?

thedecider on August 27, 2007 at 10:59 PM

Notice this story comes out of Massachusetts. A tree in the yard? Have these people not heard of typhoid or cholera? Are the granola moms trying to turn us into a third world country?

This is ridiculous. Daycare centers have a hard enough time keeping things clean.

INC on August 27, 2007 at 11:14 PM

AP, is this the sign of your biological clock starting to tick?

billy on August 27, 2007 at 11:24 PM

I’m sure Sheryl Crow would approve. And participate.

infidel4life on August 27, 2007 at 11:49 PM

And it happened NORTH of the Mason-Dixon line?? Incredible!

(kidding)

Bradky on August 28, 2007 at 12:37 AM

Diaper changing is an important part of parenting. Why? Because when the kid is older and talking back, you use that whole diaper changing experience as a guilt trip on the kid.

jediwebdude on August 28, 2007 at 12:45 AM

Grabbing the left arm with the right hand is ok, but just don’t teach them to tap their feet.

pedestrian on August 28, 2007 at 12:51 AM

Any thread that lets me say poopie!! in context makes me happy :)

lorien1973 on August 28, 2007 at 12:53 AM

Somewhere, someplace, someone is singing….

I feel poopy, oh so poopy, and I gatta go poopy right Now!

Kini on August 28, 2007 at 1:56 AM

I’m pissed!

profitsbeard on August 28, 2007 at 2:07 AM

Cue Buddy Hackett singing “Shit-poopie”
These parents are insane, women and girls should do these things in private, men can pee where they won’t cause a stir.Just watch out for that yellow snow.

bbz123 on August 28, 2007 at 2:29 AM

To the management:

I really hope to God you weren’t planning on “decorum (such as it were)” in the comments section on this one. All I can bring myself to do is slap my forehead and groan.

gryphon202 on August 28, 2007 at 2:53 AM

Oh my lord…extreme environmentalism taken to its logical step.

In Africa and Asia they have an excuse, at least. It’s not a fad or a choice for them. Why would you adopt that???

ScoopPC11 on August 28, 2007 at 7:30 AM

ScoopPC11 on August 28, 2007 at 7:30 AM

Sensitivity, of course. It is the burden of prosperity to feel guilty, you know. So the only right thing to do is emulate those less fortunate than ourselves in a moronic noble attempt to assuage that guilt.

Progress, technology, in fact all material goods are inherently evil, as are those greedy industrialists who produce them. How dare they make life easier and more comfortable in the name of profit?

Freelancer on August 28, 2007 at 8:03 AM

Oh I’ve even heard of people using the drinking fountains in Disney World as baby bidets. That’s why I only drink bottled water there.

boomer on August 28, 2007 at 8:08 AM

she helped Lucia relieve herself in a sink at a public restroom.

OK, the diaper-free thing sounds kind of nuts, but what the heck. On the other hand, you’re in a public restroom, why not help her use the toilet that’s presumabley right there instead of teaching her to use the sink???

taznar on August 28, 2007 at 9:05 AM

Are the granola moms trying to turn us into a third world country?

INC on August 27, 2007 at 11:14 PM

This.

Stupid neo-hippies call themselves progressives, which is true – if you consider the path back towards the pre-industrial age to be progress.

Even the relatively uneducated rural Chinese know better than these unsanitary disease-facilitating dirtbags.

Cue some moron in this thread whining, “But-but-but urine is sterile! You can drink it!” No, YOU can drink it, you filthy pig, and you can keep it away from ME.

angryoldfatman on August 28, 2007 at 9:09 AM

Urine may well be sterile when it is fresh, but it is a supercharged petri-dish for bacteria from then on.

Someone earlier mentioned cholera etc…they were spot on.

This is something that should get these ‘parents’ arrested for exposing the public to a biohazard. Seriously.

Ochlan on August 28, 2007 at 10:09 AM

Last time I sat on a sink it popped off the wall… but that was in college. I’m smarter now……

CBarker on August 28, 2007 at 10:30 AM

“Sometimes I don’t know what’s gonna happen and it doesn’t work, and sometimes I feel a little embarrassed,” Arnesen said. “It makes her happy though, right? She smiles, she’s happy.”

This is what happens when hippies reproduce.

common sensineer on August 28, 2007 at 11:22 AM

OMG I actually thought to myself ” Hmmm, another reason to license couples before they have children!” If I’d kick the butt of a dog owner who lets their dog do that I’m going to absolutely kick the butt of the parents who encourages Junior to do the same. This is disgusting.

MNDavenotPC on August 28, 2007 at 6:28 PM

Before anyone says that this is what is done in many countries in Asia and Africa, we don’t live there!

MNDavenotPC on August 28, 2007 at 6:29 PM