Authors retain rights to Alms for Jihad

posted at 2:30 pm on August 27, 2007 by Bryan

According to an email that we received today, Alms for Jihad authors Robert O. Collins and J. M. Burr have gotten the publishing rights to the book back from Cambridge University Press. They’re in negotiations with US publishers to have it published here in the US.

Khalid bin Mafouz loses again.

Comments

That’s one for our side…. a few million more to go.

MNDavenotPC on August 27, 2007 at 2:35 PM

Yahooooo!!

JiangxiDad on August 27, 2007 at 2:37 PM

Sign me up for a copy

400lb Gorilla on August 27, 2007 at 2:38 PM

Some rich anti-jihad type should buy truckloads of copies and hand them out on the Mall in DC and Times Square.

Thomas the Wraith on August 27, 2007 at 2:38 PM

I’m buying a copy on principle…and an extra absorbent copy of the koran for my bathroom

Ochlan on August 27, 2007 at 2:39 PM

Khalid bin Mafouz loses again.

Quite right. His lawsuit did more for the book than any promotional ads and raving book reviews could do.

flipflop on August 27, 2007 at 3:09 PM

From the news within a week: Ibrahim Hooper and Nihad Awad of the Council on American Islamic Relations, along with Khalid bin Mafouz, have contacted every publisher in the United States informing them of an impending lawsuit regarding any publication of the book Alms for Jihad, which CAIR’s attorneys claim is hate speech and has caused hundreds of attacks on Muslims worldwide and create an atmosphere of Islamophobia wherever it has been released.

eeyore on August 27, 2007 at 3:28 PM

Fukuz…they don’t stand a chance

Ochlan on August 27, 2007 at 4:21 PM

Anyone have the number for Regnery handy?

Pablo on August 27, 2007 at 4:28 PM

I’ll purchase a copy just to make a point too!

And we know what CAIR can do…go to Hell and take their 72 virgins – all men – with them.

tickleddragon on August 27, 2007 at 4:29 PM

Khalid bin Mafouz loses again.

The assessment seems to have overlooked the damage Khalid bin Mafouz has done to the liberty of Cambridge University Press and to its standing among scholars. He’s managed to make submissive asses of booksellers, too. Imagine: Amazon and every other bookseller stopped selling a book and prepared to return its copies to the publisher to be destroyed. He’s indefinitely delayed widespread knowledge of the things the authors wish to relate. KbM’s victories are qualified by the loss you mention, but his loss is qualified by the victories I’ve listed. KbM is dangerous to the liberties of thinking people because of his ability to achieve similar victories in the future. I don’t think I have to declare in so many words that condition into which I wish that someone with virtue and an occasion will render him.

Kralizec on August 27, 2007 at 4:39 PM

OK…I’m slow…I had to read that carefully…twice ;-)

Someone with virtue, occasion, and suitable ‘caliber’…

Ochlan on August 27, 2007 at 4:49 PM

Regnery will publish it without fear.

Qzsusy on August 27, 2007 at 4:56 PM

I don’t think that Saudi scumbug Khalid bin Mafouz could have promoted this book better had he taken all those petrodollars he spent to suppress it with lawyers and instead ran ads in major newspapers across America begging people to buy it.

Here’s to the incompetent bumblers of the soft jihad who think they can manipulate the Western press like they do back home in their evil Wahhabi burrow.

Tantor on August 27, 2007 at 5:34 PM

I’m so happy to hear this.

coleporter on August 27, 2007 at 6:46 PM

Tantor on August 27, 2007 at 5:34 PM

Suggestion for the U.S. edition title:

Backfired – Publicity Strategy for the Clueless
A Case Study from England

Future Title in the series:

Backfired II – Demonstration Strategy for the Clueless

A Case Study from the Illegal Alien Marches

fred5678 on August 27, 2007 at 8:52 PM

Woohoo!! I managed to buy Funding Evil by Dr. Rachel Ehrenfeld but I will buy this too.

mram on August 28, 2007 at 12:43 AM

Ochlan on August 27, 2007 at 2:39 PM

Hey, I saw some company making toilet paper that looked like US currency once. Think we can get that company to make some that looked like verses from that rabble-rousing book of theirs?

Texas Nick 77 on August 28, 2007 at 11:55 AM