Video: Chris Wallace smacks Bill Moyers over Rove

posted at 11:32 am on August 26, 2007 by Allahpundit

You’ve read the quote of the day, now see the movie!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Chris Wallace has delivered a choice line or two before. He’s got a side to him that I think none of us really know. He’s always been very down-the-middle, but if he gets thumped just right, LOOK OUT! You don’t want to be on the receiving end of his intelligent, yet stinging, wit. As a previous commenter said: “smacktacular!”

MsUnderestimated on August 26, 2007 at 9:52 PM

ooooh can’t wait for the next episode of “When journalists attack” More blood!

frreal on August 26, 2007 at 10:08 PM

Jaibones – not me, wrong April, although my parents are friendly with some good chums of Scott and the boys.

I’ve never posted there but my Mom has.

What’s your point – other than you acting like an lib and being nasty because I do not share your lovefest/man-crush on Turd Blossom? LOL

AprilOrit on August 26, 2007 at 10:44 PM

Better yet Jailbones, that 3 way man crush between you, Karl and Dorian Gray? Now that’s very smart and so manly.

AprilOrit on August 26, 2007 at 10:53 PM

Hey Jailbones – who’s on top – you, Dorian or Turd?

Wait, don’t tell me let me guess…..

AprilOrit on August 26, 2007 at 10:57 PM

AprilOrit on August 26, 2007 at 10:57 PM

Yawn…the biting wit of a liberal…It’s so profoundly underwhelming…

doriangrey on August 26, 2007 at 11:45 PM

Sorry, unlike a Liberal I don’t follow the pack of group thinkers.

You have no idea what I am or who I am.

AprilOrit on August 26, 2007 at 11:50 PM

AprilOrit on August 26, 2007 at 11:50 PM

yea, what ever…

doriangrey on August 27, 2007 at 12:03 AM

You have no idea what I am or who I am.
AprilOrit on August 26, 2007 at 11:50 PM

Going off topic is what’s getting you in trouble, not your opinion.

The hecklers are trolling you to expose yourself even more…
so be careful

Mcguyver on August 27, 2007 at 12:11 AM

Mcguyver on August 27, 2007 at 12:11 AM

To late she already took the bait……She’s obviously not all that bright.

doriangrey on August 27, 2007 at 12:17 AM

And what constitutes me being a liberal – that I choose not to walk in lockstep and worship Rove like the rest of posters here? — AprilTwit

What constitutes you as a liberal?

1. Ignoring facts in favor of your feelings, including missing the whole point of the thread you’re commenting on
2. Characterizing everyone here as, “worshiping Rove,” when all they are doing is questioning Bill Moyers’ extremely poor, “journalistic skills.”

Yeah, I’m really impressed, April. Is accusing someone who doesn’t buy Moyers’ spin as having a, “man-crush on Rove,” supposed to be intelligent commentary?

I suppose, in your world, it is intelligent commentary.

JannyMae on August 27, 2007 at 12:26 AM

AprilOrit on August 26, 2007 at 11:50 PM

AO, Did you read this?

Professor Blather on August 26, 2007 at 4:22 PM

Doesn’t that help you? Learning to read is important, learning to understand what you read is even more important.

Read and learn.

right2bright on August 27, 2007 at 12:30 AM

AprilOrit on August 26, 2007 at 3:51 PM
AprilOrit on August 26, 2007 at 10:44 PM
AprilOrit on August 26, 2007 at 10:57 PM
AprilOrit on August 26, 2007 at 11:50 PM

The National Inquirer told me that AprilOrit is a she-male….. she was on a Jerry Springer she-male show some years ago…

How she knows which way to turn is beyond me.. but then again that could just be me.

Mcguyver on August 27, 2007 at 12:40 AM

Chris Wallace does a good job. I enjoy watching him. He beats the pants off his dad..boy they must have had some conversations I’m sure lol.

Highrise on August 27, 2007 at 1:05 AM

Apparently, Bill Moyer’s Journal is generating so much heat in response to his leftard, hate-filled Bush Bash-a-thon, that PBS’s own ombudsman, Michael Getler devotes many pages to complaints from viewers about Moyer’s hateful reports. He said “… A few months ago, soon after Moyers returned as a regular to PBS, I said, half-jokingly, that there may need to be an ombudsman just for Moyers. Since then, I’ve written about segments of his programs, in response to viewer comments, several times, and Moyers and I have also aired our differences in this space. Actually, I’d rather not spend so many of my columns on one person or series of programs, but, like the Nixon tapes, the Journal and Moyers keep on providing material that viewers react to and that the ombudsman hears about…”

He even writes in depth about the lame response he got after confronting PBS programming officials about their Editorial Standards and Policies in regard to Moyer’s program.
If you have time for some warm fuzzies, read some of the PBS viewers’ letters(scroll down near the page’s end), they really shred this tool to pieces. Getler says, “Here is a sampling of the letters I received. Although there are undoubtedly large numbers of viewers who applaud Moyers’ perspective, all the letters that came to me were uniformly critical (with one exception).”

NightmareOnKStreet on August 27, 2007 at 1:10 AM

“Your comment is awaiting moderation” That’s a message I’ve never seen before. I’ve noticed some people on this thread aren’t playing well with others… so I won’t take it personally. Good luck, Allah, et al. I don’t envy you your job. Sweet dreams await…

NightmareOnKStreet on August 27, 2007 at 1:20 AM

When Brit Hume ultimately retires from FNC, it is nice to know that Chris Wallace will be waiting in the wings to do Special Report justice.

Moyers probably didn’t like that on-air response. How sad. Too bad. :P

itzWicks on August 27, 2007 at 2:15 AM

Say what one may about his dad, but Chris certainly learned some good lessons from him. Now if only another Chris that we know and loathe could learn from and exhibit the same amounts of character, integrity, and professionalism.

kevcad on August 27, 2007 at 2:42 AM

One commentator on the ‘Quote of the day’ blog suggested sending canceled donation checks to PBS in protest.

I say let’s get started.

Mcguyver on August 26, 2007 at 11:55 AM

VOIDed checks – not cancelled checks!

Just to rub salt in the wound, make the check out for, oh, say, $10,000 and very carefully write VOID in big letters across the face of the check. And don’t sign it, of course!

Anyone remember Billy boy’s daisy ad for LBJ???
A media whore then , a media whore now.

fred5678 on August 27, 2007 at 3:12 AM

Moyers is a tool… and not a particularly sharp one.

silverfox on August 27, 2007 at 3:38 AM

Ah… How I love the smell of COMPLETE AND UTTER P4WN493 in the morning!!

Lee on August 27, 2007 at 5:27 AM

A deluge of voided checks would get their attention. Maybe write on them, “voided because I do not wish to support Bill Moyers’ rants anymore.”

Texas Nick 77 on August 27, 2007 at 9:49 AM

The hecklers are trolling you to expose yourself even more…
so be careful.

Ha ha trannie – Jerry Springer jokes, very similar to what libs say about Michelle. She gets accused of the same with a ping pong ball thrown in for good measure. And I thought Liberal men were the only common ones….how silly of me.

I’m a New Yorker – a Manhattanite, I’m one of them thar ahhh elitist you all refer to, damn, ain’t I supposed to know better?

AprilOrit on August 27, 2007 at 11:36 AM

I’ve several things to say on the Rove/Moyers/Wallace religion issue.

Since Rove didn’t run for office, and wasn’t in a position where his appointment needed Congressional approval, I believe his personal religious beliefs (and anyone else’s) should be off the table.

If Moyers didn’t call Rove to verify his hearsay sources, as Wallace asserts, he should have done so. At this point, however, it’s not clear to me from what’s been said whether Moyers attempted to contact Rove or not. However, it is my impression, Moyers has been moving steadily leftward for at least twenty years. And I am no longer willing to trust what he says until verified.

Next, I find it sad, but certainly not shocking, that politicians often tend to do things against their beliefs. If Rove did so, he is certainly not alone. Indeed, it is my feeling that the current Democratic leadership is working against our country’s interests to further their own ambitions. I find such actions far more onerous than what Rove is being accused of by Moyers.

Finally, however, I didn’t find Wallace’s comments directly refuted Moyer’s assertion. As I remember it, Wallace said Rove told him he regularly attended church and his largest charitable contribution had been to his church. Neither fact excludes the possibility Rove might be an agnostic. If Wallace asked Rove that question, and got a direct “yes” or “no” response, he didn’t report it. If Wallace asked Rove that question and received the response above, then he should have realized the answer might have been evasive, and he should have used a follow-up probe such as “Does your answer mean you do believe in God?”

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on August 27, 2007 at 11:53 AM

Good to see someone who was once Lyndon Johnson’s lap dog get smacked down by the truth. When anybody lets their hate consume their existence like Moyers has let his, sooner or later becomes a cancer.

volsense on August 27, 2007 at 12:44 PM

AprilOrit on August 27, 2007 at 11:36 AM

What, won’t they let you post your hate over at HuffPo, or Kos?

jdawg on August 27, 2007 at 2:57 PM

JannyMae on August 27, 2007 at 12:26 AM

Nicely done.

I don’t think she/he will respond, you are too nice and thoughtful. I think she/he goes for the gutter stuff, you were too reasonble.

right2bright on August 27, 2007 at 3:09 PM

Journalism 101 aside, if Rove were Agnostic or Atheist he would not be concerned with his coworkers’ Christianity at all, let alone how much better at it they were than he.

Moyers’ comment is just the latest example of why politicians & their staffers shouldn’t work in journalism. Their political image is just too damned important.

Miss_Anthrope on August 27, 2007 at 3:24 PM

AprilOrit on August 27, 2007 at 11:36 AM

Good honest decent conservatives in Manhattan are about as rare as honest politicians, not entirely non-existent mind you, just staggeringly rare. Give the extent to which you have totally and completely failed to understand the point of this story or why people are slamming you It seems pretty damn obvious you aren’t to be counted among their ranks.

doriangrey on August 27, 2007 at 3:29 PM

Every time I’m contacted at my business for donations to the local “Public TV” station, I tell them “Sorry, but we don’t contribute to left-wing advocacy groups”.

They always pretend that they’re shocked…and then mutter something about Barney…

landlines on August 27, 2007 at 4:42 PM

Again doriangrey, you are wrong. You’ve never even met me and you say such things. That because we are New Yorkers – we are not honest and decent? My parents are extremely honest and decent and so am I. You have some nerve assuming that we are not.

Again you are like the libs who slam Michelle and assume she is inappropiate – which they think is obvious because she is merely a Conservative female Filopino.

So please tell me – it’s obvious to you that I should not be counted amoung the ranks of decent NY Conservatives because of what reason? Because I am a Jew from New York, born and raised in Manhattan, that’s your reason?

Moreover I come from a long line of Republicans, maybe not as Conservative as you, but we are Conservatives by NY standards. My mother and my dad have campaigned for the GOP since college for heaven sake. Both my parents like Rudy, of course, because they know him and they like Fred, because they know him personally as well.

My parents attend Temple regularly, but are typical Reaganites, they do not wear their religion on their sleeve. I do not attend regularly, but I go when I am supposed to go.

Just because I do not really like Mr. Rove, and it is mostly because he reminds me of a Hillary character – a polarizing troublemaker who spells loss – doesn’t give you the right to attack me by calling me names and calling me stupid or calling me a transexual or degfrading my character and my family.

You are exactly what Bill O’Reilly is talking about – character assassins who post on blogs anonymously 24/7.

Someone posting here emailed me and told me I should ignore you and not feed the trolls. You should be ashamed of yourself.

AprilOrit on August 27, 2007 at 4:57 PM

PWN’d!!

Wuptdo on August 27, 2007 at 9:00 PM

Holy Smoke! What a graceful smack down.

Zorro on August 28, 2007 at 6:54 AM

AprilOrit on August 27, 2007 at 4:57 PM

Could you possibly post anything stupider?

No, I base it entirely on the record you have given us. Your complete and total failure to grasp the substance of this thread and your instance on making it about anything but what it is about.

maybe not as Conservative as you,

A RINO by any other name is still a RINO.

Totally irrelevant canard…

Just because I do not really like Mr. Rove,

This thread isnt about Rove although you keep trying to make it about him, typical liberal demogogry.

character assassins who post on blogs anonymously 24/7.

Unlike you, I am not posting anonymously, had you one single functional brain cell you would have figured that out already.

doriangrey on August 28, 2007 at 10:42 AM