Is this the forbidden “Opus” cartoon? Update: A Doonesbury double standard?

posted at 12:23 am on August 25, 2007 by Allahpundit

Thanks to Gina L., who tips us that this is floating around on ImageShack. Could that weak tea really be the medicine that’s too strong for 25 American newspapers to swallow?

Yup, probably. Your quote of the day from the E&P link:

Content also includes what Shearer described as “a sex joke a little stronger than we normally see.”

Wyson said some client papers hesitated to run a sex joke and others won’t publish any Muslim-related humor, whether pro or con. “They just don’t want to touch that,” she said.

I can’t believe the almost genteel “gettin’ some” gag in the last panel might be the oh-so-risque sex joke they’re talking about here, but we’ll have to wait until next week’s strip to find out, I guess. Exit question: Who wants to bet that “Fatima Struggle” and “God willing” were originally “Fatima Jihad” and “Insh’allah” before someone in his syndicate pulled Berke Breathed aside and had a word with him?

Update (Bryan): In the story of the two spiked Opus comic strips, we see the creep of dhimmitude over the US media.

Yeah, that probably sounded overly dramatic. Sorry, this stuff makes me a little gloomy — we need Ernie Pyle but we keep getting Robert Fisk. Here’s a little more from that E&P link:

Shearer told E&P that WPWG checked with a couple of Islamic experts to see if the “Opus” strips might be offensive, and they said the comics were OK. But he understands why some papers might still be wary.

The WPWG checked with “Islamic experts.” Do they do the same when a comic strip might offend, say, someone who’s not a Muslim? No, at least not to my knowledge. It’s not hard to make the connection here: The Danish cartoonists are still living in hiding. The publishers of Opus don’t want to do that. So they trot down to the “Islamic expert” to get his it stamped halal.

At least a subsection of the press in the US is self-censoring (again) out of fear of offending Muslims, hoping to prevent another cartoon jihad or at least keep themselves out of the way when another one erupts. They wouldn’t similarly self-censor for any other group, to the point of taking a couple of cartoon strips down to the local preacher or rabbi for approval as they did with the Islamic experts, because no one thinks the preachers or rabbis are going to spark a full-blown riot over any cartoons. Many people, like Chris Hedges and Andrew Sullivan, like to ride the “Christianist” threat to generate traffic or a best-seller, but even they don’t really believe it.

Which gets us back to the big fact of the day: Terrorism works.

It takes a real coward to spike something as innocuous as this. And as Mark Levin might say, and another thing: Doonesbury has been running a series of strips about a terrorist following a US soldier home from Iraq “if we cut and ran” for the past several days. As one character even says, the terrorist is a “profiler’s dream,” which evidently means he looks Arab and says he’s a terrorist and says “death to you” if you annoy him. Start reading the series here and work your way forward.

Differences: Doonesbury is making an obviously anti-war point, and hasn’t caused a stir at all, while Opus isn’t making any particular point (beyond the flippancy of some granola-brained hippies I suppose) but is being spiked in some newspapers. Both have about an equal chance of offending Muslims, I’d say, or even that Doonesbury has a slight edge there.

Similarities: Both strips are aggressively unfunny. Man, the comics are lame these days.

Comments

EXIT QUESTION- I bet you’re right.

xplodeit on August 25, 2007 at 12:30 AM

Fatima Struggle ain’t got nothing on that soul sister from the sixties Freida Slaves (joke courtesy of Sammy Davis Jr. on the tonight show). What a bunch of wussies? or girliemen? Whatever! The mild reference to relations was genuinely funny. Heh Heh These guys must have been watching the beheading videos on Micheal Savages site. BRB

sonnyspats1 on August 25, 2007 at 12:39 AM

Our free press only holds true when there is no threat to its self. If they think there is a threat, they hide under their desks and censor something as trivial as this cartoon.

xplodeit on August 25, 2007 at 12:45 AM

Trudeau threw his fellow (editorial) cartoonists from Denmark (who did the Mo-toons, e.g.: *~@):~{> ) under the India ink bus, saying on the radio that their drawings were calculated offenses against Muslims and should not have been done, or shown.

Which was a complete (calculated?/ simply moronic?) distortion of the facts, since those cartoons were actually pokes at the cowardice of their fellow Danish illustraors (of a children’s book about the life of Mohammad) who did not dare draw any Mo pictures (for the proposed kid’s volume) out of craven fear.

Gary has BDS so bad it must bleed into his skivvies.

He’s either a liar, a fool, or a coward.

Or some combo platter of the above.

profitsbeard on August 25, 2007 at 12:47 AM

*~@):~{>

(The preview button lied to me, above.)

profitsbeard on August 25, 2007 at 12:49 AM

Give me liberty or give me death? Kinda gives me a renewed respect for Patrick Henry. These guys are pretty tough in a gang four or five against one. I watched this one before and it stuck with me for a week. It is bona fide sickening as well as sick! I’m guessing the link works.

sonnyspats1 on August 25, 2007 at 12:50 AM

OMG. Please, someone tell me that Trudeau has completely lost it, because if I was laughing my head off at crap this lame when I was in college, I need to slit my wrists…now.

Jaibones on August 25, 2007 at 12:51 AM

Okay, so in Trudeau’s Bush-deranged world, there is no downside to cutting and running. The terrorists will not be emboldened by a perceived victory, will not then attempt to wage war on American soil, and it’s foolish to think otherwise. Is that about right?

Well, for all our sakes, I sure hope he’s right.

Kensington on August 25, 2007 at 1:05 AM

dhimmitude in action.

btw, did anyone hear about DhimmiTV?

RightWinged on August 25, 2007 at 1:28 AM

Someone’s going to have to point out the offensive part to me, because I can’t figure out what it is. Unless it’s Lola’s outfit–the Iranian religious police would arrest her for wearing colors and having too much hair showing.

Radish on August 25, 2007 at 1:33 AM

In all fairness Doonesbury features the terrorist drawn in western dress and a mustache. Doonesbury would NEVER draw the terrorist in a turban with dark skin and a beard. Hollywood is still making terrorist like anglo they simply can’t bear the thought that Islamists want to kill us. But their brown they must be good!

* I can’t wait for Frank Millers new graphic novel

Theworldisnotenough on August 25, 2007 at 1:41 AM

Which gets us back to the big fact of the day: Terrorism works.

AP

Yep. The palestinians have been proving that for 4 decades, now. The fact that a “Palestinian state” is still being pursued by Israel AND the US is proof positive.

Case closed.

progressoverpeace on August 25, 2007 at 1:58 AM

“a sex joke a little stronger than we normally see.”

Normally being “since Liberty Meadows”–greatest comic strip of all time–“stopped circulation.” Seriously, this is tame by prime time TV standards, and downright prudish by even basic cable standards. But we can’t be allowed to make jokes about Islamic 5th century culture.

Now imagine if the girl in this strip were grade-school age. Then it’d be right up Islam’s alley, am I right?

Spc Steve on August 25, 2007 at 1:58 AM

Remember when the “funnies” were funny?

And since when were Doonesbury and Opus funny anyway?

How about the racially motivated cartoons like Boondocks?

Dhimmitude? Only the irony would make it funny to the point of sadness.

Kini on August 25, 2007 at 2:04 AM

I don’t really care is muslims get offended or not. This isn’t Pakistan or someother 3rd world Islamofascist country. If they try to riot here, the leaders will be treated as domestic terrorists and shipped to Gitmo.

Anybody think that the Bush administration will not start plunking the leaders of the rioting mobs in prison despite what the pro-Al Qaeda press whining about it?

georgej on August 25, 2007 at 2:09 AM

You got that right. It used to be that I would go to the comics page in the paper to start my day off with a laugh or a chuckle. For several years the jokes are staler or just unfunny as the cartoonists tried to work in “edgy” material like a gay character that is misunderstood, or the stories have a political overtone in the wrong direction. Now I don’t bother reading the newspapers and I don’t miss the comics.

15-20 years ago, Doonesbury was my favorite. I think I started to lose interest when Trudeau killed off Andy, the gay character, and then decided he needed another gay character so he made Mark Slackmeyer gay. At that point it was agenda over laughs, at least how I finally saw what he was doing. And then the BDS took him over completely.

Do you suppose Trudeau will write a story line in his “if we cut and run” series showing the genocide that likely will follow? How about Uncle Duke and Honey get captured. Duke is tortured and beheaded before he can scheme his way out of the situation. Meanwhile, Honey is raped repeatedly until they are tired of her and then she is beheaded. That would be are real knee-slapper.

Mallard T. Drake on August 25, 2007 at 2:12 AM

I miss Billy and the Boingers. A special edition “Bloom County” book included a vinyl 45 single of “You Make Me Sick…But I Love You.” That was a long time ago.

Strangely enough, the comic included a storyline in which Opus and crew took on a music-censoring Senator’s wife named Tippy Gorp.

Nosferightu on August 25, 2007 at 2:16 AM

georgej on August 25, 2007 at 2:09 AM

Not likely to happen, I mean the lockups and (definitely) needed deportations. The ACLU and CAIR would have a forest denuded to make all the paperwork to file. And the Klintonista judges would declare the protesters were just exercising their First Amendment rights.

But it would be amusing to see all the contortions the left would make in demanding an apology and full grovel from Berke Breathed, while saying they are defending the First Amendment.

Texas Nick 77 on August 25, 2007 at 2:42 AM

Man, the comics are lame these days.

I remember having Bloom County reading parties after school and Calvin & Hobbes sessions in college. That was some good laughter.

allie on August 25, 2007 at 3:07 AM

I just need some duct tape wrapped tightly around my head so it won’t explode…I think I’ll set down for awhile.

Sgt. Khe Sahn

1GooDDaDDy on August 25, 2007 at 3:44 AM

Are you kidding? Berke Breathed has been driving groups nuts for nearly three decades. From Donald Trump to the Animal Liberation Front to Mary Kay, he has been making the most lighthearted yet poignant points in Bloom County, Outland, and Opus, all the while making Garry Trudeau look like a political version of Dilbert.

He’s a gutsy non-partisan cartoonist who lampoons all, determined only on the basis of silliness. Best political comic ever, and darn funny more often than not.

As for getting an apology from Breathed, I don’t think we’ll see the day, I’m happy to say.

MadisonConservative on August 25, 2007 at 4:03 AM

Jaibones on August 25, 2007 at 12:51 AM

It used to be funny. Go back and read some of his old stuff, like the first 3 or so books.

Though I have to admit I see the liberalness that I used to not, but that’s when I was little and didn’t know any better. But over looking that (like you just about have to do with anything) It was teh funny.

– The Cat

MirCat on August 25, 2007 at 4:03 AM

Man, the comics are lame these days.

Sherman’s Lagoon, anyone? Love it.

Monty?

Zits?

There’s still hope.

Captain Scarlet on August 25, 2007 at 5:40 AM

Gary has BDS so bad it must bleed into his skivvies.

He’s either a liar, a fool, or a coward.

Or some combo platter of the above.

All of the above.

And when will we see “Christian experts” consulted to prevent insulting those of us who are follows of Jesus Christ?

oldleprechaun on August 25, 2007 at 5:44 AM

s/b “followers”

oldleprechaun on August 25, 2007 at 5:45 AM

Mallard T. Drake on August 25, 2007 at 2:12 AM

I remember stories about how the Soviets were going to gang rape our women when they invaded America too.

tlynch001 on August 25, 2007 at 6:34 AM

You’re exactly right. I still have my “Billy and the Boingers” tour shirt and plastic 45 that came with the book featuring the song “You Really Stink (But I Love You).”

robblefarian on August 25, 2007 at 7:08 AM

I do remember one Sunday cartoon by Berke that put the “racial profiling” bugaboo in perspective. It dealt with some “terrorist, bomb planting elephants” running around doing their things and being ignored by the police and security types (who were strip searching Opus or one of the other characters). I was surprised to see that one, considering how left wing his earlier stuff was (remember Bill the Cat getting endorsed by the NRA when he ran for prez).

Texas Nick 77 on August 25, 2007 at 8:20 AM

MirCat on August 25, 2007 at 4:03 AM

All right, it took until 4am to get me off the ledge, but MirCat is there for me. Do you remember Doonesbury’s treatment of the original Islamic republic and their fatwa against Salman Rusdie? I have been quoting those strips for 30 years. I can do it almost verbatim.

The reporters would show up for the morning press conference to see which other western writers had been issued fatwas for their immoral literature, and when Andy Rooney didn’t get one, the western press nearly rioted.

Exit line from an angry Roland Burton Hedley III: “Bit of a shocker, here, Peter!”

We go from this classic western irreverence to the dhimmmi crap he puts out now. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Jaibones on August 25, 2007 at 8:41 AM

Islam discovered a long time ago that violence at the drop of a hat gets you what you want.

Hening on August 25, 2007 at 8:44 AM

Pogo. Where are you?

locomotivebreath1901 on August 25, 2007 at 8:54 AM

I enjoyed Bloom County when I was a teenager, until it seemed as though all of his jokes started ending with one of his characters screaming hysterically – at that point it jumped the shark for me. Anyone else notice that?

Doonesbury has always been smug and condescending in its humor. (Same reason I can’t watch John Stewart.)
Ever since I became a conservative I haven’t been “in on the joke”. It delivers for its fans, I guess.

Boondocks just sucks, period. It’s on the down-low. Seriously – we don’t need any affirmative action in the funny papers…take that sh*t back to your Greivance Studies professor, come back when you learn the funny.

Dork B. on August 25, 2007 at 8:56 AM

Why does it have to be a sex joke? They don’t even say the word “sex”.

Maybe in the last panel the “anything else he won’t be getting” is a BLT?

You have to be thinking it’s a sex joke to “get it” as a sex joke.

kooly on August 25, 2007 at 9:01 AM

Breathed used to be funny, right? Or back then were we all just younger and less discerning?

Jim Treacher on August 25, 2007 at 9:03 AM

Thats it? you have got to be kidding me. It appears to me that we will lose this thing since we aren’t even allowed to point out who is the enemy. By the way Zits is a horrible cartoon, that kid needs a good smack on the ass and a serious reality check.

deadbackpacker on August 25, 2007 at 9:08 AM

Pogo. Where are you?

locomotivebreath1901 on August 25, 2007 at 8:54

I LOVE Pogo! Actually own a video copy of I GO POGO. One of the best characters evah!

The only comic strip I ever pay attention to these days is GET FUZZY. Comics aren’t supposed to be “heady”. (be-heady. hehe…that was an unfortunate pun but I’ll keep it anyway. ;)

tickleddragon on August 25, 2007 at 9:23 AM

Actually “Sherman’s Lagoon” is one of the few actually funny cartoon strips out there today, despite giving the initial impression of being pretty sophamoric.

But listen up Jim Toomey, each time some strip goes for a yuk by references to the “common wisdom” about Rove – Cheney – Halliburton – you name it, I just quit reading it. “Non-sequiter” springs to mind. Could have been funny, but when you start pandering to the left, you aren’t getting my attention anymore. Capice?

drunyan8315 on August 25, 2007 at 9:47 AM

Doonesbury has offended me for years. I do NOT read him any more as I do NOT appreciate his take on this war. My son is going over there for a second tour and I have NO use for this witless idiot. But I wouldn’t dream of asking that his strip be removed.

Breathed has always skewered both sides of the aisle. It’s what we enjoy about him. And it’s usually a light touch and meant in the jolly-uncle-sort of way.

Nobody has ever asked me or anyone I know if a particular comic strip would be offensive to Christians or musicians or hospital registrars or welders or any of the other “groups” I and my family could be broken down into.

Why does anyone else get a pass?

Mommynator on August 25, 2007 at 9:50 AM

Am I the only one both confused and fascinated by all of this? By this expanding sensitivity to all things Muslim in the wake of 9/11?

Yes, I loathe it – and dhimmitude really scares me – but I’m fascinated because it is such a historical aberration.

Can anyone name ANY other time in human history – ever – that a group of people were attacked by another group of people … and then the victims went to this degree of trouble to be sensitive to their attackers?

I’m not talking about French-like appeasement here. I’m talking about the fact that maybe for the first time in history and certainly in the first time in American history … our reaction to conflict swung in a very weird direction.

The normal reaction was seen after Pearl Harbor: we vilified the Japanese. It became the cultural norm to mock Asians. Saturday morning cartoons were full of imagery that today we’d call ‘racist.’ Every newspaper used a particular slur to describe the Japanese. Hollywood movies all depicted one negative stereotype.

And NOBODY worried about offending the Japanese. In fact, most of the time we were trying intentionally to offend them.

Now before I get yelled at … I’m not defending that behavior or suggesting it today. I’m not suggesting we start mocking Arabs and insulting all Muslims. I like to think we’ve progressed a little – in a good way – since 1941.

But, man, the reaction to the Japanese at least MADE SENSE. It was natural.

Self-censorship out of fear of offending Muslims – after 3000 were murdered on 9/11 – makes absolutely no sense at all.

I don’t think anything like it has ever happened. Certainly, its the first time a global (or even regional) superpower has embraced the idea of hypersensitivity towards a weaker culture that attacked it. Can you imagine ancient Rome taking this approach towards its many weaker enemies? Um … no.

So what the Hell are we doing? Anybody know? Is this collective cultural suicide?

Future historians are going to be very, very puzzled over this one.

Professor Blather on August 25, 2007 at 10:00 AM

Doonsbury was funnier before Garry Trudeau married Jane Pauley. Then Doonsbury spent too much time attacking D.C. Presidential politics from the left.

When Mr. Trudeau stays out of D.C. he shows his real sense of humor.

In OPUS I see ‘Steve’ as a paradox of Mr. Trudeau.

Also, I have not seen any counter comics for ‘Dilbert’. Maybe because ‘Dilbert’ does not get into politics (other than office politics) nor does he have to revert to innuendo.

Speaking of innuendo is there any in the Real Estate agents motto; “Get lots while you are young”?

MSGTAS on August 25, 2007 at 10:07 AM

Theworldisnotenough on August 25, 2007 at 1:41 AM

I don’t know if that’s so much a fear of terrorism as it is a hatred of everything American….just look at all the movies that show multi-cultural gangbangers. Gimme a fricken break.

PatrickS on August 25, 2007 at 10:28 AM

I used to love reading Bloom County back in the 80’s. Bill The Cat rules! Ackthphpth!

Bigfoot on August 25, 2007 at 10:30 AM

Professor Blather on August 25, 2007 at 10:00 AM

Yeah, Professor, I think PatrickS might be on it. Is this an astonishingly stupid version of “the enemy of my enemy is my friend” thing? Certain elements of the dissident leftist community — dissident against our values system — seem to have embraced their cosmic opposites just because they love the fact that the Islamists hate the GOP, too.

Steyn spends no small amount of ink in “America Alone” laughing about this, since it won’t be white, evangelical Christians who have a hard time when the Islamists take over, it will be queers, liberals, feminists and their fans. As Steyn says, “I’ll grow out my beard, take on a couple more wives, and keep my head down”.

Heh. This is a special kind of stupid.

Jaibones on August 25, 2007 at 10:43 AM

Bigfoot on August 25, 2007 at 10:30 AM

Yeah I LOVE Bloom County and I am glad to see Breathed is back at it again. Opus rules and Bill the Cat drools – and thats a good thing!

Comedy is teh eye of the reader.

journeyscarab on August 25, 2007 at 10:57 AM

“…Self-censorship out of fear of offending Muslims – after 3000 were murdered on 9/11 – makes absolutely no sense at all…”

Professor Blather on August 25, 2007 at 10:00 AM

Welcome to sharia law. I wonder where all our self-deluded defenders of the ROP are? You know, the one’s who will kick the ass of anyone who tries to shut down their buddy’s mosque, and rail about the menace that is Christianity. I think this “self-censorship” marks the official beginning of dhimmihood. And the sad thing is that no one gets it. It is here, but what the heck, lets talk about when cartoons were really funny…

JWS on August 25, 2007 at 11:04 AM

Cowardice in 3D. Dimwhitted Dhemocrat Dhimmis.

Mojave Mark on August 25, 2007 at 11:11 AM

“The crowquill is stronger than the fatwa.”- Pogo.

profitsbeard on August 25, 2007 at 11:32 AM

I wasn’t sure why he came back, and then when he recycled one of his old Bloom County strips almost literally word for word (“colored people” = bad, “people of color” = good, get it?), I really wondered. Dude, you’re ripping off yourself.

saint kansas on August 25, 2007 at 11:39 AM

Future historians are going to be very, very puzzled over this one.

Professor Blather on August 25, 2007 at 10:00 AM

At the national government level I always thought it was MidEast oil causing the groveling. On the left, the raw naked hatred for traditional America (Guns, free speech, Judeo-Christianity, public morality, and the strict constructionist view of the Constitution that made all these things possible for so many generations).

The left has always needed to deconstruct us to rebuild. There is no better destroyer than islam. It is the roto-rooter of liberty. The left is lazy and decadent, which makes them too stupid to know the beheading videos are meant for THEM.

However, I am no longer certain about our government’s motives. The government-business complex is also bent upon deconstruction of borders and culture, and has moved into selective application of the law (as in the President ignoring his oath of office to secure the borders).

The recent quote attributed to Rove that he didnt want his kid picking tomatos or making beds at a hotel was a shocker.

I guess the left and the Country clubbers both want a slave class and have decided the roto rooter faith is a quick clean-up.

Traditionalist America is dismayed but they are not a part of national media, newsprint, television, or movies except as villians so it looks like cultural suicide when it really is cultural genocide.

Otherwise why are the comics today not funnies for kids to read and enjoy with a bit of over their head satire, but relentless cynical humorless propaganda that shows endless vignettes of apparently traditional Americans realizing their inferiorities, and descovering self hatred is morally correct while revealing over and over the hidden superiority of anything not American traditionalist

entagor on August 25, 2007 at 11:45 AM

Trudeau is one of the rare examples of a person who becomes less witty, less perceptive and less funny after he stopped doing drugs.

Uncle Pinky on August 25, 2007 at 12:15 PM

Oh I don’t know. I still have 3 or 4 Bloom County books from the 1980s and I still find some of the strips bloody hilarious even after all this time has passed. Yeah, I have the Billy and the Boingers 45 single, but I also have a poster from their previous incarnation ‘DeathTongue’.

I have never cared for Doonesberry.

My favorite cartoon strip these days is ‘Pugad Baboy’, which is very fun, clever and politically daring. Well, if you are from the Philippines it is –

HeIsSailing on August 25, 2007 at 12:20 PM

Your Terms of Use link above is faulty. Fatima Struggle. I love it.

congsan on August 25, 2007 at 1:01 PM

Don’t forget, back when Trudeau published a series of anti-Sinatra comics years back, newspapers refused to carry the strips.

Then — I forget whether it was Trudeau or Breathed — but one of them spent a week of strips condemning the tobacco industry. Newspapers refused to print those comics as well.

And on the other end of the spectrum: when the late Johnny Hart used to publish pro-Christian messages in his “B.C.” comic strip the newspapers would refuse to publish those individual strips either.

So the MSM’s criteria for what is and isn’t acceptable humor in the comic pages is kinda screwed up.

DubiousD on August 25, 2007 at 1:30 PM

Official State Religion

Asher on August 25, 2007 at 1:55 PM

sonnyspats1 on August 25, 2007 at 12:50 AM

Interesting link, sonny. I hadn’t seen anyone “debunk” the Berg video. I’d like to see a response to that.

mikeyboss on August 25, 2007 at 3:21 PM

Is that strip still being produced? I haven’t read that strip since the 80’s. It reminds of the time I hadn’t watched TV for over a year, when I visited the inlaws they were watching new episodes of the Love Boat. Is he still married to that news correspondent, what’s her name?

Zaire67 on August 25, 2007 at 5:48 PM

As a former UT frat boy, I’ve always been a big fan of Steve Dallas. Good to see Breathed cross the PC line with this one.

Dudley Smith on August 25, 2007 at 9:27 PM

Exactly – the left has been at war with everyday Americans through the media for a long time now, and the only legal way we have to fight it is to decapitate it economically. Think about it – when you go to see a George Clooney movie you are funding the future attacks of your kids’ enemies. Not only is Clooney making propaganda for them, but he and the wealthy sycophants around him are funding terrorism through direct contributions to “charities” that they know full well are fronts.

Starve the media!

drunyan8315 on August 25, 2007 at 9:49 PM

drunyan8315 on August 25, 2007 at 9:47 AM

You’re dead on correct. I love how Toomey occasionally breaks the fourth wall and has a character address or make reference to “the reader.”

Captain Scarlet on August 26, 2007 at 6:15 AM

The Opus strip at ImageShack is drily funny because it’s true. I didn’t laugh but smiled thinly, feeling both amusement and dread.

Comic exaggerations aside, these are calculations of a sort I somehow imagine many young adults make as they consider making a religious conversion. It doesn’t matter what we think are good grounds for conversion. After all, I can’t think of good intellectual grounds for being muslim. However, relative stupidity is quite compatible with reproductive success, as all of the lower animals and half of mankind would attest, if they could speak candidly. If sexual considerations sometimes hold power in matters of belief, it could be because we’re all descended from a long line of creatures to whom sex seemed well worth the consideration. And yes, it is too funny.

Kralizec on August 29, 2007 at 11:51 PM