Video: The Lion King, Hamas style

posted at 10:32 am on August 24, 2007 by Allahpundit

Starring Fatah henchman Mohammed Dahlan as Templeton the rat. Who ever thought we’d see propaganda by anti-semites using rodents as a symbol not for Jews but for Arafat’s heirs?

Not exactly “progress” but at least they’re pissing inside their own tent for once. Click the image to watch.

lion.jpg

Comments

never liked the Diznee version, so …

corona on August 24, 2007 at 10:34 AM

LMAO at “pissing inside their own tent”

righteouschops on August 24, 2007 at 10:41 AM

Regardless of how crappy any of his albums are, I am going out and buying every single one.

RiteWingFascist on August 24, 2007 at 10:42 AM

Well, they were spot on with the rat characterization. Must be type casting in action.

[email protected] on August 24, 2007 at 10:47 AM

Seriously, did ANYONE have a long enough attention span to actually watch all of that drivel???? Bah.

KMC1 on August 24, 2007 at 10:50 AM

Talk about delusions of grandeur – was Hamas supposed to be the lion? Siting between the West Bank and Gaza – wouldn’t that be Israel?

This cartoon is pretty tough, and folks are terror-bly sensitive over there. I expect to see a reaction.

Agrippa2k on August 24, 2007 at 10:55 AM

KMC1 on August 24, 2007 at 10:50 AM

Uh, no. I don’t even have a long enough attention span to actually cli…

Editor on August 24, 2007 at 10:57 AM

Heh heh I rather though it appropreate, piss off the Lion of Judah and get the living crap pawned out of you…

doriangrey on August 24, 2007 at 11:03 AM

Those people are pathetic. I can’t think of one worthwhile thing about them. Notice how the rats looked like Yasser Arafat? The people in Gaza truly have the government they disserve, as do the people in the west bank.

How do you build anything resembling a decent country with citizen material like that.

saiga on August 24, 2007 at 11:16 AM

Wow, very strange. I think I understood some of the “symbols” and “ideas” trying to be conveyed. I wonder if we can get someone from CAIR to translate this. Sort of like director’s comments on DvD’s.

Wuptdo on August 24, 2007 at 12:13 PM

I plan to read Mathew Levitt’s book about Hamas. Should be enlightening. Hopefully there is mention of CAIR, Nihad Awad, Omar Ahmed and the usual suspects in the USA.

mram on August 24, 2007 at 1:19 PM

So who was the Lion? The Rats on either side, I assumed, were Hamas and Fatah. I guess the Lion is Israel, yea Lion! Kill those rats.

srhoades on August 24, 2007 at 1:35 PM

Wow…I just watched that and am totally perplexed. Was the lion Israel? Location-wise, he should have been. Symbolically, I have no clue. Also, was that the flag of Iraq? Boggling.

MadisonConservative on August 24, 2007 at 1:39 PM

Watching this, I had no idea who the hero was and who the villain (just as Hamas vs Fatah is like an Alien vs Predator conflict). Also, I thought that al Aqsa ultimately reports to Fatah, unless Hamas happens to have captured al Aqsa TV. Also, as Agrippa2k noted above, the lion at one point seemed to be Israel, perched as they were between West Bank and Gaza. Similarly, I thought that the rats were the Jews – as depicted in the Quran 2:65?

The other interesting point was that in the original Lion King, Simba fought Mufasa, rather than inferior creatures. This lion thinks nothing about taking on rats. Also, this lion is okay with internecine Pali fighting, but once something happens to the dome of al Aqsa, all hell breaks loose. Right sense of priorities – looking forward to Zane’s commentary.

infidelpride on August 24, 2007 at 3:31 PM

but once something happens to the dome of al Aqsa, all hell breaks loose.

infidelpride on August 24, 2007 at 3:31 PM

I noticed that too. You can perpetrate crimes against people all you want — they’re all just rats to Allah’s crew. But that dome…

that’s religious architecture, bitches!!!

Mephistefales on August 24, 2007 at 8:35 PM

About as well animated and coherent as “Rocket Robin Hood”

Frozen Tex on August 25, 2007 at 1:14 PM