Robert Fisk: “I am increasingly troubled at the inconsistencies in the official narrative of 9/11”

posted at 8:03 pm on August 24, 2007 by Allahpundit

“Let me repeat. I am not a conspiracy theorist.

I am increasingly troubled at the inconsistencies in the official narrative of 9/11. It’s not just the obvious non sequiturs: where are the aircraft parts (engines, etc) from the attack on the Pentagon? Why have the officials involved in the United 93 flight (which crashed in Pennsylvania) been muzzled? Why did flight 93’s debris spread over miles when it was supposed to have crashed in one piece in a field? Again, I’m not talking about the crazed “research” of David Icke’s Alice in Wonderland and the World Trade Center Disaster – which should send any sane man back to reading the telephone directory.

I am talking about scientific issues. If it is true, for example, that kerosene burns at 820C under optimum conditions, how come the steel beams of the twin towers – whose melting point is supposed to be about 1,480C – would snap through at the same time? (They collapsed in 8.1 and 10 seconds.) What about the third tower – the so-called World Trade Centre Building 7 (or the Salmon Brothers Building) – which collapsed in 6.6 seconds in its own footprint at 5.20pm on 11 September?…

Journalistically, there were many odd things about 9/11. Initial reports of reporters that they heard “explosions” in the towers – which could well have been the beams cracking – are easy to dismiss. Less so the report that the body of a female air crew member was found in a Manhattan street with her hands bound. OK, so let’s claim that was just hearsay reporting at the time, just as the CIA’s list of Arab suicide-hijackers, which included three men who were – and still are – very much alive and living in the Middle East, was an initial intelligence error…

Let me repeat. I am not a conspiracy theorist. Spare me the ravers.

Update: “Isn’t Robert Fisk a journalist?”

Comments

slow news day?

bnelson44 on August 24, 2007 at 8:10 PM

Kowboy on August 24, 2007 at 8:12 PM

Robert Fisk? An idiot?!? You could knock me over with a feather.

madne0 on August 24, 2007 at 8:14 PM

This dude…

How many times do we have top repeat it? The steel beams did not melt. They were weakend by, you know, fire? Hot steel is not as strong as room temperature steel. Is that such a difficult concept to digest?

He must have seen the rabbit cage.

Theworldisnotenough on August 24, 2007 at 8:14 PM

Fisk must have brain damage from when the Afghans attacked him. Or more brain damage

Thomas the Wraith on August 24, 2007 at 8:16 PM

This guy’s a 24-carat douchebag.

Travis Bickle on August 24, 2007 at 8:22 PM

I understand the answers to his questions are buried on the grassy knoll in a box lent to FDR by Churchill to put the Dec 6, 1941 Pearl Harbor intelligence in. The box was made from steel cut out of the USS Maine before it was blown up by the War Department.

Limerick on August 24, 2007 at 8:23 PM

As always, the definitive answer to almost any question has already been provided by the genuses behind South Park.

“Dude, a bunch of pissed-off Muslims flew the planes into WTC on 9/11”

P.S. I’m getting a major clue.

VolMagic on August 24, 2007 at 8:25 PM

Six years after 9/11 and three years after the report; only now is he “increasingly troubled”? I always thought of Fisk as a leader of the lunatic fringe. How disappointing to learn that he is a mere follower.

calbear on August 24, 2007 at 8:26 PM

Let me repeat. I am not a conspiracy theorist.

I’m just nibbling at their rotten apple.

Put a fork in him – it’s all downhill from here.

Good Lt on August 24, 2007 at 8:27 PM

This is what happens to human beings who keep their craniums firmly implanted in their rectal cravasses. The resulting breathing of all that methane severely effects their cognitive abilities.

Kowboy on August 24, 2007 at 8:27 PM

He’s not a conspiracy theorist.

He’s just repeating everything the conspiracy theorists have been spouting for the past six years or so.

Sean M. on August 24, 2007 at 8:28 PM

Ooh – best line ever:

Usually, I have tried to tell the “truth”

I myself much prefer truth to “truth,” but Fisk clearly prefers the latter.

calbear on August 24, 2007 at 8:29 PM

What a jackass.

Bad Candy on August 24, 2007 at 8:31 PM

You think one of these nut jobs would take the time to watch the Nova documentary where they top engineers in the country explain everything in excruciating detail or read the Popular mechanics book on the subject. I’m sick and tired of these people with no scientific training asking stupid pseudo-scientific questions. They would know steel from Aluminum if they got hit over the head with it yet they are going to tell you they understand the property of bare steel being heated…urrrr!!!!!

TheBigOldDog on August 24, 2007 at 8:33 PM

Begin the fisking:

Karl Rove once said that “we’re an empire now – we create our own reality”

Even the Kos kids don’t attribute that alleged utterance to Rove.

calbear on August 24, 2007 at 8:35 PM

He obviously doesn’t get the History Channel.

JammieWearingFool on August 24, 2007 at 8:36 PM

What difference will it make to a “Raver”?

The mind is already made up, the conspiracy is gospel, the terrorist are us.

Is there anything else to talk conspire about?

Kini on August 24, 2007 at 8:36 PM

I saw the planes hit. There is a hole where the towers stood. Osama said he did it. Are we saying the US Gov’t paid off a billionaire to take credit for 9/11. Why would he comply and not reveal the truth to undermine the west.

Zaire67 on August 24, 2007 at 8:37 PM

The Western Press is in desperate need of house cleaning and reorganization.

TheBigOldDog on August 24, 2007 at 8:38 PM

shows up on Rosie blog in 3..2..

Ripclawe on August 24, 2007 at 8:40 PM

I keep telling you folks, we’re far from reaching the peak of mainstream Trutherism… I still believe that within a decade we’ll have roughly 50% of the population will be some form of Truther. Not all will be full conspiracy theorists, but they simply won’t buy the official story, “ask questions” (that have been answered), etc.

Just wait until Rosie gets her own show.

RightWinged on August 24, 2007 at 8:42 PM

He’s right. He’s not a conspiracy theorist. He’s a nut.

jeanie on August 24, 2007 at 8:52 PM

The thing about conspiracy theories is that the government could put so many of them to rest with a bit more openness and honesty. You can’t blame people for asking questions when they could so easily be refuted by the government if they so wanted. Area 51 is only suspicious because the government has been suspicious about it.

Nonfactor on August 24, 2007 at 8:54 PM

There are probably more secrets in White Sands, NM than in Area 51 and you can drive through White Sands! No pictures please!

Next time you drive through Highway 54 on your way, to Las Cruces, take a really good look.

kiakjones on August 24, 2007 at 9:02 PM

OMG here is the equivilent of the Mcgruder tapes of JFK! Unlike area 51 where some of the highest priority classified projects are underway at the skunk works I found this little gem on youtube.

sonnyspats1 on August 24, 2007 at 9:04 PM

I am increasingly troubled at Fisk’s continued employment as a writer.

Thomas the Wraith on August 24, 2007 at 9:04 PM

Nonfactor on August 24, 2007 at 8:54 PM

Lol. So Nonny, are you a Truther?

VolMagic on August 24, 2007 at 9:11 PM

Lol. So Nonny, are you a Truther?

VolMagic on August 24, 2007 at 9:11 PM

Did you read my post? I guess I expected ignorance like yours to show up on a blog like this, but seriously, did you even read what I said?

Nonfactor on August 24, 2007 at 9:13 PM

Nonfactor on August 24, 2007 at 9:13 PM

Sure I did. You think the government is being opaque.
Now… are you a Truther?

VolMagic on August 24, 2007 at 9:19 PM

Serioulsy, which of the incredible claims and questions posed by the Truthers hasn’t been answered? Not only by the government in an official version of events but also by some pretty smart people over at Popular Mechanics?

VolMagic on August 24, 2007 at 9:22 PM

Yes, that is what the conspiracists will believe – a rational government explanation of why steel weakens when it gets hot. I think that has been explained to them. In the third grade. It matters not. These people are of the same crowd that believe that the contrails of water vapor from airliners are really government chemical sprays. In fact, on the Discovery Channel last week, was a program questioning the offical explanation for airplane contrails.

The point is, it is not a question of education.

jihadwatcher on August 24, 2007 at 9:26 PM

Nonny,

You seems to place the blame for conspiracy theories on an “uncooperative government” instead of the fevered imaginations that creat such nonsense. How would you suggest the government placates these nutballs? With more investigations? I’m 99% sure that the people who don’t accept the 9/11 Commision report won’t accept anything published under the name of a government agency. Seriously, how should the government answer the Truthers?

P.S. Not calling you Nonny to make you mad. Just thought I’d give you my own personal nick-name.

VolMagic on August 24, 2007 at 9:27 PM

I read what you said, and it doesn’t preclude you from being a Truther. So are you?

Kensington on August 24, 2007 at 9:29 PM

Nonfactor on August 24, 2007 at 8:54 PM

Only if you presume that those critics are rational, logical thinkers, and not zealots, bigots, or insane.

Funny thing about truth, and facts; what they think, or what their opinion might be, doesn’t really matter. What are the facts?

Oh, just to make it clear, I don’t have to conclude that the ‘truthers’ are zealots, bigots, or insane, because they will prove it by the words they use, and their stubborn refusal to face the facts.

rockhauler on August 24, 2007 at 9:36 PM

jihadwatcher on August 24, 2007 at 9:26 PM

That wasn’t the only question raised, simply the one you’ve chosen to focus on. The least the government could do is explain certain things so people can stop asking these questions you find so detrimental. Sure, they might not believe the governments explanation afterwards, but if the government makes a coherent case I can guarantee you there won’t be “roughly 50% of the population” questioning them. If you don’t think it’s worth it, fine, but I’m sure you could at least admit it wouldn’t be much trouble at all.

Nonfactor on August 24, 2007 at 9:36 PM

Look Nonfactor,
After being called ignorant by you I posed a couple questions, seriously and respectfully. Will you answer please? Or will you just leave this knuckle-dragger hanging?

VolMagic on August 24, 2007 at 9:42 PM

The least the government could do is explain certain things

Such as? I know of no unexplained or otherwise suspicious elements to 9/11. What is there to explain? The whole world saw what happened. We watched as two airplanes flew into the towers, yet conspiracists argue that a missle hit the Pentagon. Where is the logic in that? They argue that the government brought Building 7 down with explosives, yet they argue that the government brought the towers down with remote controlled airplanes. Where is the logic in that?

If half the population believes in some 9/11 conspiracy, it is their politics talking, not any rational thought process. Take a look at who believes in 9/11 theories – the left and the nutty libertarians.

It is politics – nothing more.

jihadwatcher on August 24, 2007 at 9:46 PM

I guess it’s past Nonny’s bedtime.

You get no more respect from me nubby.
You got owned hardcore and your dignity are belong to us.

VolMagic on August 24, 2007 at 9:50 PM

Who believes in 9/11 theories?

Look at the political map:

Truthers:

Obama supporters
Hillary admirers
Kucinich kooks
Ron Paul delusionists
Michael Moore movie goers
Al Sharpton’s bullhorn crowd
paranoid survivalists
People who wear Che T-shirts

There’s half of America.

Just as the old axiom says, follow the money, one could also say with respect to these issues, follow the vote. So rather than try to address their theories with rational explanation, just note their politics and move on.

People believe, or are open to believe, in 9/11 theories according to their politics, just as people, for example, believe in, or reject, the notion of a God according to their politics. (The vast majority of athiests are lefties, or libertarian.)

jihadwatcher on August 24, 2007 at 10:06 PM

lol
this guy is an idiot.

1) the steel trusses and core columns lost 50 percent of their structural integrity at the temperatures the fires reached after the impact. this accompanied by the load of the floors above the impact zone made it worse. fisk is throwing up a Straw Man by insisting the govt story is that the trusses and core melted, which isnt their story.

2) WTC 7 collapsed in approximately 13 seconds. not 6.6. sorry!

3) The average times for the FIRST EXTERIOR COLUMNS of each tower to hit the ground was 9 and 11. that is not total collapse time. in fact, for the case of the North Tower was more than 26 seconds : http://youtube.com/watch?v=SYUx5zJ3yss

4) Here are the pieces at the Pent: http://911myths.com/html/757_wreckage.html

5) why cant it be assumed that JUST maybe, the plane clipped a tree? where is his journalistic skills?

blatantblue on August 24, 2007 at 10:16 PM

Nonfactor on August 24, 2007 at 9:36 PM

Ugh, why do I feed the trolls? Why!?

First, you’re debating with someone else Nonfactor, so don’t use my “roughly 50%” of the public will buy some form of 9/11 conspiracy in the near FUTURE, when debating someone else. I said it.

Now, as for the non-points of your posts… The questions have been answered. For you to say that there won’t be a problem if the government is just straight with the people… what do they have to do? You note that the Truthers might not buy the “official explanation”, but indicate that the “movement” at least wouldn’t grow if the government would only be straight with us.

The problem is, they’ve been straight, the conspiracy theories have been debunked top to bottom, yet the Truthers flat out lie constantly and the movement continues to grow. Did you watch the History Channel program the other night? I’m not saying they’re the end all to this, but their points were things that most of us already knew, that fully debunk the Truthers.

I mean, WTF can the government do when people believe that the cell phone calls from the planes were faked. If Dubya gives a damn speech saying nothing but “the calls were real!”, is that going to change anyone’s minds. No, the same liars will continue to lie, and because we have more than our fair share of morons in this country, people will continue to buy the lies without taking the time to see if they’ve been debunked.

It’s easy to watch the Truther propaganda and think there’s something to it, because we’re too trusting that someone wouldn’t be ballsy enough to flat out lie and push lies that are fully exposed already. It’s much more difficult to spend the time finding the debunking information. We’re a nation of headline readers, and it’s that laziness and mentality (along with the psychology explained in that History channel piece) that allows people to be sucked in.

RightWinged on August 24, 2007 at 10:24 PM

This is just another case study to warn us of:
“The Heartbreak of Anal-Cranial Inversion”

H/T the Tappet Bros. – the only good show on the damn NPR network.

drunyan8315 on August 24, 2007 at 10:25 PM

If you think that the engine bullshit is an “obvious non sequitur”, then try this link, which is not the first about this topic by a long shot:

If that doesn’t explain it for you, you don’t want it explained.

drunyan8315 on August 24, 2007 at 10:34 PM

Is there any conceivable stupid position, on any issue, that has not been taken by Robert Fisk?

I don’t know why I didn’t think him stupid enough to sign onto this one, but I’m getting my head straight about that in a hurry.

Splunge on August 24, 2007 at 10:35 PM

Nonfactor on August 24, 2007 at 9:36 PM

You can’t teach people what they think they already know.

It’s been explained in excruciating detail, several times now and not by the “government” alone but by some of the most respected engineers and scientists in the world. These people simply ignore the facts which was clearly shown in the History’s channel 2 hour special the other night. It’s not the “government’s” fault if these screwballs refuse to listen and learn.

TheBigOldDog on August 24, 2007 at 10:39 PM

Now that Rove has more free time on his hands, surely he is already coordinating the 2008 October Surprise attack with OBL and Zahawiri.

If the nutroots were smart they’d put a 24/7 tail on him now, so they could have videotaped evidence of his involvement the next time he and his terrorist buddies stick it to America.

Sound crazy? Not to Dems.

fogw on August 24, 2007 at 10:39 PM

1) Does anyone else here know what online activity is named after Robert Fisk? Bonus point if you know why.

2) Some days, I wish other, more tolerant people would treat Maha the way Maha treats vistors to her blog. It’s not like I have to read the idiot’s posts, but even glancing at them as I scroll by knocks a couple of IQ points off.

3) Troofers – one wonders how people that stupid make it through a single meal without accidentally gouging their eyes out. The God-damned list of questions has been gone through a HUNDRED THOUSAND TIMES by now, and all these jackasses just blink and come up with another crapthink physics-defying and logic-defying reason to engage their paranoia.

If you’re a Troofer, please shut up, in the hopes that silent contemplation will lead where inane babbling has not.

Troofers are false accusers, and false accusers are scum.

Merovign on August 24, 2007 at 10:40 PM

Robert Fisk is the man whose idiocy was so easily dimantled that it created the verb “to fisk.”

Who shall fisk Fisk this time.

BKennedy on August 24, 2007 at 11:13 PM

The stupid are what the stupid say.

You would think that some of these idiots would step forward
to the plate,and wonder,(scratch that)no demand why the
battleship Arizona,just didn’t disappear at Pearl Harbor.
Since MOONBATS think fire can’t melt steel,they believe
bombs were used.

canopfor on August 24, 2007 at 11:25 PM

Came as a surprise to me that Fisk is a dude. Like BKennedy said…I thought it was a verb. :)

RushBaby on August 24, 2007 at 11:35 PM

Hiring: journalist
Requirements: leftwing political viewpoint

Intelligence, ethics, diligence and honesty optionalnot required … unacceptable.

Jaibones on August 24, 2007 at 11:57 PM

You mean like put together a panel to investigate what happened that day? Sort of like the 9/11 panel but not exactly like it? What freakin’ good would it do for the government to acknowledge people are nuts? I think it is fairly obvious that anything people want to believe they will believe.

Sue on August 25, 2007 at 12:17 AM

I’m not a conspiracy theoriest, but how do I know there are any actual brains in Mr. Fisk’s skull?

They cannot be seen by casual observation.

He has consistently hidden them, assuming they exist, under several concealing layers of tinfoil, hair, skin, bone, dura mater, and perhaps a metal plate or two.

If there are brains beneath this confusing melange of diverse materials, I’m forced to then ask:

-can I be sure they function?

What, in his claims, demonstrates any fealty to reality?

I must conclude that his skull is full of political buttons, most with the letters BDS written on them in the font known as Wingdings, a varient of demotic Moonbat.

profitsbeard on August 25, 2007 at 12:18 AM

If the government did it, which alphabet soup was responsible? It certainly wasn’t the CIA, because had it been the CIA, we would have already had a major leak on who did it. The FBI? The SS? NSA? DIA? DEA? NASA? OSHA? MSHA? FEMA?

A little common sense goes a long way. If the US government is smart enough to pull off 9/11, wouldn’t they have also been smart enough to plant a few WMDs in Iraq? Anthrax, maybe?

I know Cheney has the mind-ray machine but seriously, only those of us bored on Friday nights can imagine up ways for him to use it effectively.

Sue on August 25, 2007 at 12:31 AM

It is so easy to be a truther on any topic you want. Let’s do one. Let’s have fun:

Subject: The Columbia disaster.

Bad guy: Zionists

Working Theory. Jews destroyed the shuttle to distract attention from the Zionist/Pepsi plot to take over the world.

Story line: footage of the foam strike was faked. The Jew astronaut working as a zionist agent of the Whitehouse attacked the crew and detonated his explosives. But only after ejecting in his escape pod.

Byline: Nasa covered the whole thing up. Karl Rove, to be precise

Evidence:

When the shuttle pieces were recovered, many had burn marks. Nothing burns in outerspace, there is no oxygen. So an explosion inside the shuttle destroyed the vehicle. Also, no Jewish astronaut was found in the debris. But all that debris seen streaming off the shuttle could not have come from just the shuttle itself. Part of that debris had to be the Jew’s escape pod, later seen flying over Texas, where it was dismissed as a UFO sighting. A close up photo of the Columbia on launch showed a large container strapped to its belly. Most likely this was where the explosives were stored. A No Smoking warning placard on this tank proves this is no ordinary water tank. Also, interesting to note, no other Jews were on that shuttle flight. Rumor has it that all the other Jewish astronauts were warned to stay at home for that one.

Conclusion: Investigate Columbia!

jihadwatcher on August 25, 2007 at 12:44 AM

Talking points: It is inconceivable that a small hole in a wing could bring down a space ship so large and sophisticated. All this talk about the wing burning up is nonsense. Space is very, very cold. How could the wing catch fire in such a cold environment? How stupid does the government think we are?

jihadwatcher on August 25, 2007 at 12:48 AM

It would be the first time in history that cold melted steel!

signed Rosie

jihadwatcher on August 25, 2007 at 12:50 AM

jihadwatcher-

But the Challenger disaster was the clearly the work of Mormons.

They invented O-rings. Something to do with Polygamy.

profitsbeard on August 25, 2007 at 1:00 AM

Any opportunity to make fun of a troofer is a good one. Every one we laugh at helps put the nail in the coffin that it will become something mainstream.

I, laugh at it all….even including that we brought it on ourselves.

Highrise on August 25, 2007 at 2:04 AM

The core psychological motiviation behind every Leftist impulse is the elavation of The Lie at the expense of The Truth (it’s just, like, not fair, you see, that Truth has an advantage).

Halley on August 25, 2007 at 2:20 AM

Because dimwit, you don’t understand the failure mechanism. the beams didn’t crack, snap, or even melt. What did fail were the connections that tied the beams to the exterior structure. When the connections weakened they could no longer secure the load of the beams and failed. As one floor dropped, the next floor below was overloaded, which lead to failure and both floors fell onto the third. At some point, a catastrophic failure occurs from unsupported loads (e.g. the top of the tower above the impact zone) and the whole building comes down.

P.S. Pass this on to Rosie, if you see her.

Mallard T. Drake on August 25, 2007 at 2:39 AM

Fisk has sh*t for brains. We’re not the ravers, HE IS.

georgej on August 25, 2007 at 4:53 AM

Planes can’t break windows people. Google it.

Kevin M on August 25, 2007 at 6:25 AM

“Well, if the government did do it, the plan would have taken at least a few years to put together in secrecy. So using that time line, I guess it was the Clintonista administration that planned it.”
Brilliant Kowboy… some one should pose that question to Rosie just to make her head explode!

Bob on August 25, 2007 at 7:10 AM

Oh and one other thing. The steel that was used in the Towers was 90ksi grade I believe and not the typical 35-60ksi steel. This was allowed due to the design and height of towers. The 90ksi grade steel is “stiffer” which added to the way the building collapsed.

Bob on August 25, 2007 at 7:29 AM

Has anyone stopped to consider OJ Simpson starred with James Brolin in the film Capricorn 1? We all know what happened to OJ and James Brolin is forced to look at buttaface every morning so yeah sure it’s possible. 9-11 could have been a setup man. Think about OJ. And James Brolin. Capricorn 1. Man.

pc on August 25, 2007 at 9:18 AM

OJ was driven mad by his involvement in the space exploration hoax and was thusly set up by the government to be used as an example to anyone who would cross black box operations. If only OJ had stuck to the black box this embarassment he suffered could have all been avoided. Who do you hurt when you really want to get to someone? Huh. Yeah now you people are starting to see. Come on, this stuff is just too weird.

pc on August 25, 2007 at 9:22 AM

Fisk’s very first “question”: “where are the aircraft parts (engines, etc) from the attack on the Pentagon?”

Did Fisk even attempt to find pictures of this? Nope.

Just goes to prove that Fisk is anything but an intellectual.

Seixon on August 25, 2007 at 9:50 AM

Why does this nut case get face time?

Wade on August 25, 2007 at 10:08 AM

Here is the scientific explanation of the WTC collapse with little picture and diagrams so little twoofer minds can fit around them. From the Journal of Metals.

Beto Ochoa on August 25, 2007 at 10:09 AM

Seixon-

How do we know that Rumsfeld didn’t have those pre-burned plane parts hidden in his office, and then, after the NSA’s secret missile hit the Pentagon, Rummy didn’t just scatter the parts around to make it look like a jet had hit?

He’s fit enough to carry a 900 lb. engine, isn’t he? (Secret CIA callisthenics?)

And he had an unusually large footlocker in his office.

(The media really should show the security camera images of the plane flying in and hitting the building more often in order to disabuse such clowns of their recurrent paranoid delusions… and there are several dozens of eyewitnesses from D.C. that morning who have described the attack as the jet flew over their cars and hit the Pentagon, and their testimonies are easily found online, but Fisk wouldn’t want to be bothered checking any facts, since his aim is rumor-mongering, not journalism.)

profitsbeard on August 25, 2007 at 10:27 AM

Still flogging this horse? I wish they’d get new material. I mean these stand up routines get a little boring (trying) after a while.

atadOFF on August 25, 2007 at 10:49 AM

Here’s my theory:

Leftists like Nonny Nonfactor want the government to give them the answers because they have so much faith in Big Government. When an event like 9/11 happens it must be SO disillusioning for them to realize that the government is infallible, which in turn must make them angry. After all, they have rested all their hopes and dreams on Big Government, but this same government has betrayed the foundations of their faith.

Now that they are disillusioned by government they are stuck with the reality that it is a dangerous world. What do they do? They make up crazy conspiracy theories which erase the real threat (in this case, Islamofascism) and replace it with a benign one (Neo-cons!). Why? Because it is safer to believe in their own lies than to accept the truth. Conspiracy theories provide an emotional cocoon for them.

Global Warming is another example of this, where even if all their ludicrous scenarios came true, it wouldn’t happen in their lifetime.

Presto! They are emotionally protected from life’s real dangers as they direct all their energy to battling imaginary demons.

Buy Danish on August 25, 2007 at 11:10 AM

Heh heh I always suspected Nonfactor of being a truther…

doriangrey on August 25, 2007 at 11:23 AM

Here’s my theory:….because they have so much faith in Big Government…..Presto!
Buy Danish on August 25, 2007 at 11:10 AM

Bingo!!!!
With that you have nailed this blithering metro sexual!!

The Nonfactor’s enduring legacy is that of turning these comments into a carnival….

Therefore he has consistently won the debate awards at the:
Metro Sexual Nuclear Blithering Carnival

Mcguyver on August 25, 2007 at 11:29 AM

Aha!

From Nonny, we move on to psychoanalyzing Robert Fisk.

Wiki has a very good page on him. Among other things, we find that he doesn’t blame the Afghans for beating him up, because it was our fault that they hate us. A classic case of white guilt that sets the stage for:

For Fisk the real axis of evil comprises, not the terror-sponsoring, WMD-seeking dictatorships of the world, but the “Likudist” establishment in Jerusalem, Washington’s neo-Conservative cabals and the ‘international Zionist lobby.”

The fake monster saves Fisk from facing reality. This is a guy who met and interviewed Bin Laden three times, who was literally face to face with pure evil. He can’t psychologically reconcile that evil and all it’s implications exists so he denies that Bin Laden is the instrument of evil and…blames the Jews.

Buy Danish on August 25, 2007 at 11:43 AM

This paragraph should have been italicized, as it is a quote. Sorry – my HTML code failed me!

Buy Danish on August 25, 2007 at 11:46 AM

I think I’m going into the retail tin foil hat business. I could make a fortune

dalec on August 25, 2007 at 11:48 AM

Any male who uses “troubled” is a girly man. Lemme see…it’s a long time since I was in the fire acad. but if you heat a 100′ long piece of steel (like a I beam) up to if I remember correctly 8 or 9oo degrees it will expand about 9 inches. Add the loss of tensile strength (tensile…pretty smart word huh?)…Look at all these garbage strip mall type buildings and lightweight construction residential pieces of shit they build nowadays, they collapse real quick. Now stack 100 lightweight buildings on top of each other and have a plane with full fuel tanks slam into them…

Ahhh bullshit, Bush did it.

LtE126 on August 25, 2007 at 12:01 PM

Those buildings were easily penetrated if ramming a plane into them can be considered easy. If any of you are framilliar with the Hancock building the exterior is a series of X’s that run up the sides. I’m not saying a plane wouldn’t mess up that building, but I don’t think it would be penetrated like the WTC was. The Sears Tower is actually 9 separate “tubes” that stand together.

And only the Evil Darth Cheney and and his sidekick Haliburtonus can hatch such a brilliant plan

LtE126 on August 25, 2007 at 12:23 PM

have you guys considered that this guy deliberatly said something stupid to use the resulting publicity as a prop for a declining career.

has been known to happen.

C

pk on August 25, 2007 at 3:02 PM

Ok, so a Journalist doesn’t have the ability to actually do any research on any of the science involved in his answers; all of which is readily available in more places than I can count…

Really?

Journalists are unable to do research or learn a single damned thing or find an answer to a question when it’s readily availalbe from multiple sources?

And instead they re-ask the question, “surrounding the story” with lies and innuendo and not actually getting the facts right? In effect spreading lies and disinformation?

Hmm, yeah. That sounds about right to me. Nothing new here.

gekkobear on August 25, 2007 at 5:23 PM