Video: America broke the law first, says Arellano; Update: House report shows, government among biggest employers of illegals

posted at 8:49 am on August 23, 2007 by Allahpundit

Well, no, refusing to enforce the law isn’t quite the same as breaking it, but her basic point is true. If you don’t take your own policies seriously, don’t be surprised when illegals — and their governments — don’t either.

I’m glad she’s talking, though. For all the anger at her, let’s please appreciate what a jewel of a spokesman she is for our own side. The media is itching to portray her as the humble mom driven from the country she’d adopted as her own, but she simply will. not. play. ball. Here’s a taste of her grandiose martyrdom complex:

“If my deportation has united the people, for me it’s good,” she said. “That price had to be paid. If that’s the way it happened, I’m satisfied.”

And:

Why do you think you were arrested and deported now?

They always had plans to deport me because I speak out. They saw me as a threat to the United States because of the actions I took in favor of legalization. I knew this. They need to send a message to the undocumented.

In fact, they deported her because she was an embarrassing public reminder of how shy the feds are about enforcing the law. As for her assimilation into American culture, recall that last year after the first “gran marcha” the Undocumented marchers wisely switched their sea of Mexican flags to a sea of American ones. A burst of patriotism? Of course not; if they felt that, they’d have had American flags from the beginning. But the leftists who advise them were smart enough to realize that they’d do better with voters if they pretended to be true blue, so out came the stars and stripes. Elvira, god love her, isn’t having any of that. And remember, this is a woman who lived in the U.S. for years, whose own son is an American citizen:

Arellano, however, was focused Monday evening on the agonizing question of whether her son, Saul, would stay with her in Mexico or return to Chicago, where he has lived most of his life. Family friend Rev. Walter “Slim” Coleman said late Monday he expects the boy will return to Chicago for school. Earlier, Arellano had said she hoped he would stay with her, but would take Saul’s wishes into account.

Arellano said Monday that she has no intention of trying to return either legally or illegally to the United States. She has already received a job offer in Mexico.

“I am in my country. I can walk through the streets free, without fear,” she said.

Update: She said America broke the law first. When she’s right, she’s right.

Comments

Weeping – NOT.

Hum, from what I am hearing, you really p*ssed a lot of YOUR people off by being such a tool. Do you know the words to the song “I can’t get no satisfaction”?

BobK on August 23, 2007 at 8:57 AM

Dear sweetheart,
I have little to no sympathy for you. Why? Because I too immigrated to the United States. Only I did it legally (and from Canada). It took many years for me to get a green card and I had to work my little behind off to apply for it. It was very hard. You want sympathy? You want a green card and a legal right to be here?

How about you do it legally and without a clear thumbing at the rules? Yeah, the rules suck, but you know what? They are rules that need to be followed.

You annoy me.
From,
mjk

mjk on August 23, 2007 at 8:59 AM

Who’s her travel agent? TJ to Mexico City so fast…..and without any money? Fresh shower, new clothes…Hummmm.

Does this remind anyone else of a poorly written soap opera? As in scripted from the start?

mustang1 on August 23, 2007 at 9:02 AM

see? Mexico isn’t so bad after all. She already found a job? Spread the word, Arellano.

flipflopper on August 23, 2007 at 9:07 AM

Elvira should get no sympathy from any US citizen because any one of us would have been jailed for lying in applying for a job that allowed us access to the secure area of a major international airport. My guess is that she has a much better job now anyway, since she returned to Mexico a hero.

Wingo on August 23, 2007 at 9:10 AM

She’s glad she’s back in Mexico, I’m glad she’s back in Mexico . . . now stay there and convince your friends to do the same.

rplat on August 23, 2007 at 9:10 AM

Dear Arellano,

I hope this finds you well. On behalf of myself and many of my fellow American taxpayers, let me say we are pleased to have provided you a trip home to the country you hold so dear. Given how happy you are being home, we consider it money well spent.

If you know of any others, who like you, were stuck in America with no way home to Mexico, please provide us their names and addresses and we will provide a free trip home for them as well.

Warm regards,
TBOD

TheBigOldDog on August 23, 2007 at 9:11 AM

Got to agree. If we don’t take our laws seriously why should anyone else? I am far from expert on these matters and would like some input. WHY does our government ignore these laws? Variously I have heard agri-business pressure, good relations with Mexico, too expensive, indifference, length of borders…..all of the previous???? I realize that we can probably never stop some illegal immigration but I fail to understand why the Feds cannot have evolved some means of control over all these years. The key word here being “evolved”. Some useful strategies can’t have failed to surface over time.

jeanie on August 23, 2007 at 9:12 AM

So how’s this working out for you so far, Chertie?

P.S. any post involving Ms. Arellano should include a prominent reminder that she’s guilty of SOCIAL SECURITY FRAUD. And someone should ask Geraldo Mustache if he wouldn’t mind lending his SS number to illegal aliens.

thirteen28 on August 23, 2007 at 9:12 AM

How can we miss her if she won’t shut up?

William Teach on August 23, 2007 at 9:12 AM

rplat on August 23, 2007 at 9:10 AM

That’s a win/win baby! Now let’s have lot more of them!

All these poor, hardworking people want is to go home and it’s our duty to help!

TheBigOldDog on August 23, 2007 at 9:14 AM

Let’s see….visa…work permit..green card….

Problem solved before it started! Instead we get to fork over all the bucks it took to yank her back to Mexico and then defend ourselves for doing so. What a grand system we have.

Limerick on August 23, 2007 at 9:14 AM

No convicted US felons to be eligible for legal immigration. You can see that the MSM are paving a way for her return to become the face of the illegal immigration movement.

apostle53 on August 23, 2007 at 9:20 AM

I don’t understand.

If HER country is so beautiful…if she can walk down the streets of Mexico WITHOUT fear and in freedom….then why did she enter America….ILLEGALLY? And why did she not take her son back with her?

Just wondering…..

The False Dervish on August 23, 2007 at 9:26 AM

She had a choice: 1) return to her country, 2) stay (in the US) and fight.

Asta la vista, B*tch!

Miss_Anthrope on August 23, 2007 at 9:28 AM

It was smart to arrest her in LA. They grabbed her outside and could immediately whisk across the border. In Chicago, they would have had to hold her and fly her out.

Blake on August 23, 2007 at 9:29 AM

In 10 years here, she apparently didn’t learn 3 basic yet important English words:

SOCIAL. SECURITY. FRAUD.

Miss_Anthrope on August 23, 2007 at 9:29 AM

My wife received her citizenship four months back, 9 years after marriage. Lots of forms, fees, waiting, interviews, background checks, fingerprinting, photographing, etc. Not one complaint from her because she loves this country and sees it as a VERY small price to pay for the right to be a citizen of this country.

During the oath ceremony they played that “Proud to be an American” song on a video screen with flags waving and patriotic images and it was a sight to see, 80% of the to-be-sworn-on citizens were up and singing, swaying, many crying. The Cubans and East Europeans, especially, wonder why that is, hmmm?

Contrasting the image of those wonderful AMERICANS with this disgusting puke of a woman, and the millions like her who feel like we owe them something, makes me want to cry and repeatedly bang my head against the wall at the same time.

RW Wacko on August 23, 2007 at 9:29 AM

Sounds like a magical place. Maybe she can help her countrymen to appreciate it. —– Allahpundit

LOL … good point.

Maxx on August 23, 2007 at 9:30 AM

Um, about that Flag thing….to late we saw their true colors from the outset and changing midstream was soooooo transparent.

ajmontana on August 23, 2007 at 9:30 AM

But, one thing is quite correct, that we must point our finger (especially the middle finger) at our legislature, at our sanctuary declaring governors and mayors, at the judges, at the negligent immigration officers, and at our politically correct Sheriffs and police chiefs who DO NOT want to deal with the problem of immigrant status.

They, too, are guilty.

The False Dervish on August 23, 2007 at 9:30 AM

She’s right! And now we see the truth. Illegal CRIMINALS don’t care about ANY laws, why should they? This country gives them the impression that we have laws, we just don’t ENFORCE laws. So why follow any of them. Muliply this by the 20 million that are here and you get a hell of a lot of laws being broken. Then it’s a domino effect, Why should Americans obey the law, the Illegals don’t so why should I. Talk about a formula for anarchy.

But what do I know! I’m just a raciest anti-immigration conservative.

Masscon on August 23, 2007 at 9:31 AM

I thought she was gonna say “We didn’t cross the border, the border crossed us!”

If she’d have come here the way mjk did, we’d greet her with open arms, but some people think they’re special and don’t hafta play by the rules our parents and grandparents played by. So, take your special ass back to whence you came, get in line and fill out the paperwork, them we’ll be happy to have ya here.

Tony737 on August 23, 2007 at 9:35 AM

I’m glad she feels safe in her country, because if she was still here, she might get killed by one of her kind!

pugsly on August 23, 2007 at 9:39 AM

If you’ve ever been to Hawaii, you may be familiar with the gigantic cockroaches that creep into the house, uninvited, but act like they own the place when no one’s looking.

If you surprise the hoard of Periplaneta Americana, their natural “defense mechanism” is to attack the intruder by flying straight at them and trying to hide in their hair. (ed. note: brrrr!)

Naturally, the cockroach’s main threat to unsupecting residents is it’s filthy habits and aggressive (but powerless) behavior.

Remind you of anyone, Arellano?

Keith_Z on August 23, 2007 at 9:42 AM

My wife also went through the ‘system’. Years of it. To the surprise of ‘undocumented citizens’ everywhere it actually worked. Now if she breaks the law she goes to the State Pen instead of a pig pen. The Green and Gold only comes out on St.Patricks Day, and raised underneath the Stars and Stripes on the pole. Right where it is supposed to be.

Limerick on August 23, 2007 at 9:45 AM

Don’t MAKE ME come over there and steal your identity, benefits, taxes, medical care, education, and infastructure.

Another disenfranchised Dhemocrat.

Mojave Mark on August 23, 2007 at 9:49 AM

Am I the only one just about sick to death of the entire illegal immigration discussion?

What is there to talk about? What exactly do some people not understand? We’re a sovereign nation (allegedly). We have borders (supposedly). Pretty much (I mean exactly) like every other country on Earth. And like every other country on Earth, we have the right to control those borders.

What exactly is the problem here? I really wish someone would explain it to me, because I’m just not getting it.

I understand people don’t want the police busting down doors and conducting mass deportation. But who wants that? Who even thinks its necessary? All we have to do is enforce the labor laws and the jobs for illegals will vanish. When illegals are discovered via other means – inadvertently through traffic stops or other arrests – they should be deported.

The problem would be solved in five years. At most.

Want more legal immigrants? Fine. Change the laws. This ain’t rocket science.

I recognize the complexity in most issues. I see them in Iraq, in tax policy, in the war on drugs. But this? This one’s easy. And politically popular, too.

So what the (bleep) is the problem?

It bores me. It really does. Can we please just start enforcing the laws … or give up and shut up about it? Just pick one.

And here’s my alternative approach to fixing the problem:

Let’s get a million of our closest friends. We’ll all meet in El Paso, Texas. Bring your camping gear and a cooler and plenty of beer to share. And if you’re feeling ironic, bring some poster board and magic markers, so we can make some protest marching signs. Some glitter, too. That’ll make them pretty.

Then we march across the border. All one million of us. We’ll call it the Million Gringo March. No Visas … no passports … no “documents.” No asking permission. Obviously it must be legal, right? Border, shmorder.

So we march. Ignore those federales with their guns, what are they gonna do? Oh – and bring lots of American flags! We’ll wave them high the whole time. Just because.

We’ll march – all million of us – due south. Camping at night, chugging some cold brews, maybe singing some good protest songs. When we get Acapulco, we’ll stop and set up a permanent camp. And just stay. Forever. I happen to know there’s a Home Depot right near the docks in Puerto Vallarta (saw it from the deck of a cruise ship) … so if we have a few too many beers and start feeling froggy, we can all head down and hang out by Home Depot. Just to be all ironical.

But we won’t pay taxes. Ever. We won’t learn the local language. We’ll just stay. Once in a while we demand some rights. Just because.

Why not? Right?

And then let’s see what happens. Let’s see if the open borders crowd finally understands the point. The very, very simple point, that the citizens and legal residents of a country get to decide who lives there.

Or maybe the won’t get it. Who cares? We’ll be in Acapulco, with cool beer and warm women. We’ll go cliff diving. First guy to do a cannonball off one of those things gets free beer for a month.

I’m not really even joking. I think its a fine idea. Except that cannonball part. That’d hurt.

Professor Blather on August 23, 2007 at 9:50 AM

I can believe that, ummmmmmm, nacho much….

soulsirkus on August 23, 2007 at 9:51 AM

Good riddance. If we could only shut down anchor babies, we would be on our way to regaining our sovereignty.

saiga on August 23, 2007 at 9:52 AM

If my deportation has united the people, for me it’s good

Well, it did unite people — against you. thanks Arellano!

Blake on August 23, 2007 at 9:53 AM

Do you really think journalists will notice her narcissism, as steeped in it as they are themselves? Does a fish notice when it’s raining?

smellthecoffee on August 23, 2007 at 9:59 AM

RW Wacko on August 23, 2007 at 9:29 AM

Great post!

I worked for an immigration attorney for a while in law school. I saw exactly what an enormous pain in the keister it is to go through the application for citizenship process. It is bureaucratic lunacy at its finest and I sympathize with any and all that have had to struggle with it.

But you know what? And the end of that long road, you end up a real American. Just as American as anybody else. And you get to go that ceremony and get sworn in and everybody – I mean everybody – who gets to do that describes it as one of the most moving moments of their lives.

One of the things that the illegals fail to grasp is that by breaking our laws and skipping all that hard stuff, they’re really missing out on a lot of the best stuff.

It always makes me laugh when the left calls us “anti-immigrant” – because like just about every conservative I’ve ever met, I LOVE legal immigrants. I freaking LOVE new Americans like your wife. Especially folks like those Cubans and East Europeans you talked about.

Because they GET it. They GET it like most of us “real” Americans don’t. They get exactly how wonderful America really is.

I freaking love that.

Remind me to take a bunch of those new American types with me when I start my march on Cancun. Love those guys. The Star-Spangled Banner sounds best when its sung with a thick foreign accent by somebody with tears of pride in their eyes.

Professor Blather on August 23, 2007 at 10:00 AM

She said: “I will continue to tell him about the beauties of my country,” she said. “He will know that he will have a marvelous future here.”…

Well,then…why was she HERE to begin with?

reine.de.tout on August 23, 2007 at 10:00 AM

I don’t understand.

Just wondering…..

The False Dervish on August 23, 2007 at 9:26 AM

And why would she send him back to go to school here? Better schools, maybe? A better and safer life all the way around, maybe?

reine.de.tout on August 23, 2007 at 10:03 AM

Regarding government employment of illegals…

I’ve been scouring the federal and state job sites for the past six months and I’ve been absolutely shocked to find that many, if not most, positions are open to “those persons authorized to work in the United States.”

No need to be a citizen to work for the US government. If you can string nine random numbers together, you’re in!

IrishEi on August 23, 2007 at 10:04 AM

I don’t understand.

Just wondering…..

The False Dervish on August 23, 2007 at 9:26 AM

Um. How do I put this politely?

Have you BEEN to Mexico?

Professor Blather on August 23, 2007 at 10:08 AM

And why did she not take her son back with her?

Just wondering…..

The False Dervish on August 23, 2007 at 9:26 AM

I said it on yesterday’s thread, and I’ll say it again here:

She didn’t take him with her because she plans on coming back. Shorter, lighter hair. Re-grown eyebrows. She will be back within 3 months.

IrishEi on August 23, 2007 at 10:15 AM

Professor Blather, The Million Gringo March is the best idea I have ever seen. Count me IN!

LMAO! Great Post! But you left out the part where we all take their jobs for less pay than they get. Not that we will need the jobs, we’ll just do it to drive home the point.

Masscon on August 23, 2007 at 10:20 AM

As far as I’m concerned she can go to he. . . . Oh. Never mind, she’s already there. Or is hell to the north of us?

srhoades on August 23, 2007 at 10:23 AM

reine.de.tout on August 23, 2007 at 10:03 AM

Because that is where the little $hit belongs. He was an ill concieved anchor baby to begin with.

saiga on August 23, 2007 at 10:24 AM

They need to put her kid up for adoption. If she claims him, tell her she has to take him back to Mexico.

Oh and never let her back in. EVER!

Tim Burton on August 23, 2007 at 10:28 AM

If all these illegal cheaters would go back home where they belong and focus their attention on fixing their own corrupt governments, maybe we could spend a little more time fixing ours. These illegals have the whole US government screwed up with all kinds of visions of gullable new voters and slave labor. Illegals are here using corruption, they stay here using corruption, and their corrupted ways are bleeding into our government’s attitude about them. Illegals are cheating criminal corruption enablers. They should be persued and deported with with as much effort as we can muster.

saiga on August 23, 2007 at 10:31 AM

If you mean that we broke the law by not enforcing the law in the first place, then yeah, I guess I kinda see her point.

Lawrence on August 23, 2007 at 10:32 AM

Elvira doesn’t appear to be sad over her seperation from Saulito. Hell, they’re tryin’ to doll her up and she loves it! This is ALL ABOUT ELVIRA!!

Willie Horton Revolving Door.

DfDeportation on August 23, 2007 at 10:35 AM

My thoughts exactly… but I hope the ones uniting speak English.

Texas Nick 77 on August 23, 2007 at 10:36 AM

We didn’t cross the border, the border crossed us!

The borders changed in 1848 and a little more in 1853 (the Gadsden Purchase). This means that the border crossed people a very long time ago. The only people who can truly say “the borders crossed us” are people descended from those living in the areas transferred from Mexico to the U.S. back then. Those people, born in those areas after the transfer, were born in the U.S. and are thus U.S. citizens. Hence the irony – the complaint made by illegal immigrants that the “borders crossed us” can in reality be made justifiably only by native-born U.S. citizens.

Bigfoot on August 23, 2007 at 10:38 AM

Prof-

You’re spot on and had me laughing. Great idea!

Watched Geraldo on Hannity & Colmes last night. He is such an idiot, and RUDE, and they didn’t muzzle him while he was talking over Tancredo and hogging time, which really pissed me off. Geraldo got SO much time, and Tancredo was constantly interrupted.

linlithgow on August 23, 2007 at 10:38 AM

In a country with an IRS that can track pennies among billions, it seems rediculous to me the rethoric about how we can’t track visa holders and illegal workers. I’ll bet the this woman winds up here again. Sick. Ted Kennedy is another one that needs to be deported, and he can take Lindsey Graham, John McCain, and Arlan Spector with him.

saiga on August 23, 2007 at 10:39 AM

linlithgow on August 23, 2007 at 10:38 AM

Geraldo is ate up with latinitis. He couldn’t see the problem of illegal immigration if one of them was thrashing him with an MS13 machete.

saiga on August 23, 2007 at 10:44 AM

Arellano wants to be the St. Cindy of the illegal alien crowd.
I’d love to see some intrepid reporter track down the person who’s ID she stole, and see how his/her life has been ruined.
Like Ann says, 1 down 11,999,999 to go. The first step is the hardest.

Iblis on August 23, 2007 at 10:57 AM

Hilarious wrap-up, AP. Right on the money.

Jaibones on August 23, 2007 at 10:57 AM

AllahPundit

She is the best thing that has happened to the anti-illegal 75% of Americans since the Shamnesty bill choked and died. She is our mascot, all hail Elvira, Mistress of the not-nearly-so-dark.

Jaibones on August 23, 2007 at 11:03 AM

Arellano wants to be the St. Cindy of the illegal alien crowd.
Like Ann says, 1 down 11,999,999 to go. The first step is the hardest.

Iblis on August 23, 2007 at 10:57 AM

I’ve wondered about that person, too, and how she feels having her ID stolen.

StephC on August 23, 2007 at 11:11 AM

/breaks into song…

” I fought the law, and the law won….”

Romeo13 on August 23, 2007 at 11:12 AM

Hate to be picky but imo she broke the law twice b4 the US Government did; firstly by being in the country illegally and secondly by lying on her job application. But typical of left wing whiners facts don’t matter. How about a Fedeeral law that withholds all Fedeeral funds for these “sanctuary cities”. Might get these asshats to follow the laws of the country and would likely go a long way to dealing with the problem.

oilbertan on August 23, 2007 at 11:16 AM

Iblis on August 23, 2007 at 10:57 AM

Her whole purpose in life is to be a propaganda tool of the left, she must feel sooooo self importanté.

infidel4life on August 23, 2007 at 11:16 AM

I’ve wondered about that person, too, and how she feels having her ID stolen.
StephC on August 23, 2007 at 11:11 AM

What if she stole Sheehan’s ID?

Mazztek on August 23, 2007 at 11:19 AM

Professor Blather…..Sounds like a good time. Don’t forget to let me know if you decide to do it. I’ll bring some pretzels and chips.

jeanie on August 23, 2007 at 11:21 AM

Arellano, however, was focused Monday evening on the agonizing question of whether her son, Saul, would stay with her in Mexico or return to Chicago, where he has lived most of his life…Arellano had said she hoped he would stay with her, but would take Saul’s wishes into account.

This just slays me! What kind of parent would let a little kid make that kind of decision—a choice between his mother and a good school?! What a horrible excuse for a mother she is.

My parents pulled a Green Acres on us and moved us from Manhattan out to the sticks (Queens) and all we were told was, “Quit yer yammerin’ and get yer sorry bum in the lorry.”

IrishEi on August 23, 2007 at 11:29 AM

I met my wife through my brother. She is from China.
After we were married we were apart 20 months waiting
for her green card.9/11 did not help. As tough as that
was to do we know we did the right thing and now my wife
is a legal,proud,conservative citizen of this country.
If illegals like Arellano would just do things legally
the payoff may take awhile but it is worth it. If someone
asks my wife where she is from she says “I was born in
China.But I am an American.” Makes you proud huh?

sonofliberty on August 23, 2007 at 11:43 AM

/breaks into song…

” I fought the law, and the law won….”

Romeo13 on August 23, 2007 at 11:12 AM

I prefer (and can’t believe nobody’s said it yet):

“Elvira…
Elvira…
Saul’s heart don’t matter
To Elvira.”

James on August 23, 2007 at 11:49 AM

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Good riddance.

Montana on August 23, 2007 at 12:04 PM

I’m sooooooo happy that she’s sooooooo happy. I guess leaving your 8-year-old behind with people who aren’t relatives is considered a good parent in Mexico. This I don’t understand and I’m happy I don’t. However, I will keep banging this drum, show me proof her son was born here, and where is the father? Until that happens, I consider him born in Mexico.

moonsbreath on August 23, 2007 at 12:09 PM

BOR is bashing those who want to deport all illegals. I ahve no problem with that in that they are costing me a bundle in taxes, insurance, quality of life. Bill shut up!

Blake on August 23, 2007 at 12:09 PM

Maybe the US should adopt Mexico’s immigration policy. That should make everyone happy.

I’d like to know why she originally came to the US. Was it for a better opportunity or to make a point? Did she ever attempt to become a citizen the legal way?

ctmom on August 23, 2007 at 12:16 PM

“I was born in
China.But I am an American.” Makes you proud huh?

You are a lucky man; congratulations!

RW Wacko on August 23, 2007 at 12:21 PM

Since she loves her country so much perhaps that explains why she didn’t bother to learn any more than a very small amount of English after spending a decade in America, it also shows her contempt.

Obviously, being here illegally is well within her entitlement window as our jobs and social services are the just ‘reparations’ she deserves from her oppression.

Speakup on August 23, 2007 at 12:26 PM

I was born in China. But I am an American.” Makes you proud huh?

sonofliberty on August 23, 2007 at 11:43 AM

Yes, yes it does. And she will be accepted by all good-hearted Americans as the compatriot that she truly is.

IrishEi on August 23, 2007 at 12:30 PM

No sympathy here. Nope. Not even a little.

NoSubmission on August 23, 2007 at 12:39 PM

Why does she(Arellano) hate Mexicans?

Anyway. This reminds me of the guy who sued a company after he fell through their warehouse’s roof because the didn’t try hard enough to keep him out.

- The Cat

MirCat on August 23, 2007 at 1:16 PM

She said America broke the law first

So much for calling us a nation of laws.

Kini on August 23, 2007 at 1:24 PM

Wow. Forget the illegal immigration thing, this chick comes off as having one serious case bitchitis.

madne0 on August 23, 2007 at 1:29 PM

I’m a naturalized citizen. Did it the legal way.
Ask me what I am and with no hesitation I say American, baby. And with that one word comes so much more: pride and patriotism. I know how precious a thing we have here in this my beloved country. And the law is one of the most important element that keeps it precious. Illegals, if you break the immigration law you disrespect the sanctity of that which compells you to risk everything to be here. Somebody translate this to Spanish.

The least Elvira can do is proclaim her love of the US. After all, that’s the obvious truth. But to bash the country she risked a lot to come into just makes her look like a sniveling wench coming up with any excuse just because she was caught. Now she’s browning-nosing Mexico by telling them that she feels so much freer in their streets because she knows she first insulted Mexico by escaping into the US. Now she’s insulting the US because she was caught.

No accountability on her part. Everyone is to blame. No wonder the lib-tards sympathize so readily with the illegals. Peas in a pod, birds of a feather!!

Danilo on August 23, 2007 at 1:32 PM

The False Dervish on August 23, 2007 at 9:26 AM
I said it on yesterday’s thread, and I’ll say it again here:

IrishEi on August 23, 2007 at 10:15 AM

IrishEi-I missed your thread, so thanks for repeating it. I kind of figured something like that. I was attempting to be a bit sarcastic, but obviously, my sarcastic typing skills leave little to be desired.

I don’t understand.

Just wondering…..

The False Dervish on August 23, 2007 at 9:26 AM
Um. How do I put this politely?

Have you BEEN to Mexico?

Professor Blather on August 23, 2007 at 10:08 AM

Prof Blather-Gee, Professor…how do I put this bluntly?

No. Why?

Is Elvira referring to the geological beauty of Mexico? If so, then I must agree with her. The harsh, clean, and symetrical power of the desert that enhances the majesty of the rising and setting sun…the lush jungle area where the ancient Mayan temples can be seen…yes, Elvira is quite correct.

Is she referring to the inner cities of Mexico? Once again, iif they are so great, then why come here?

Is she referring to the border cities like Lorado, TX and Lorado, Mexico, El Paso, etc? Well from recent news reports, it is a den of drug dealer shoot outs, murdered police chiefs, and both Mexican AND Americans being kidnapped.

But, suppose you educate me on Mexico, anyway, Professor. After all, I might learn something that I cannot get out of a book. Yes?

The False Dervish on August 23, 2007 at 1:54 PM

I read several stories here from those who came here through the legal channel. It’s a tough go but in the end it is worth it. Thought I am second generation here, I can relate through my many friends who immigrated here legally.

What I see from them is pride and hope. I also heard about the tears they shed when they were sworn in. It is unfortunate that so many born Americans don’t have the appreciation for our freedoms as those who came to us legally from other countries.

BobK on August 23, 2007 at 2:00 PM

This is about the most ignorant statement I’ve seen in a video in a long time. Doesn’t even need to be analyzed.

nottakingsides on August 23, 2007 at 2:48 PM

She is just another Mother who is exploiting her son for political purposes. That child should be taken away from her.
By the way, she was living within the four walls of a church for a year and couldn’t see fit to learn English on the small chance she would be able to stay here.
Now we just have to get rid of the rest of the illegals. Legal is where it is at, not ILLEGAL.
My Polish cleaning lady is so angry about this situation because she went thru the channels and came here legally and is VERY proud to be a citizen. Couldn’t read, write or speak English when she came here and now she can do all very well. Just goes to show you, if you want to, you will.

bjb on August 23, 2007 at 3:36 PM

She’s spend months holed up in a church surrounded and coached by Communists – not liberals, not Democrats, not media-leftists from The Nation, not even Kos Kidz. Communists, and their “liberation theology” frontmen. I’ve watched this since the beginning and her comrades have been a who’s who of the Chicago radical scene. She speaks their language now, and that language is a borderless society and militant wealth redistribution.

So yes, by all mean, keep her preachin’ the word.

Hannibal Smith on August 23, 2007 at 3:53 PM

Professor Blather on August 23, 2007 at 9:50 AM

Except that cannonball part…wait!

I’ll do it, and I’ll go first. ( even tho I don’t drink beer)

Oh, and we can call it Cannonball RUN

shooter on August 23, 2007 at 3:54 PM

“In a country with an IRS that can track pennies among billions,”

And all the cities can track dead beat parents…why cant they use a similar system?
In Colorado, you have 30 days to report any and all new hires, the new employee’s SS number to the city and state, for the purpose of child support laws. ALL employees, no matter what, w/in 30 days or you(employer) pay huge fines.

There is a system in place…lets broaden it, and use it.

shooter on August 23, 2007 at 4:04 PM

Well ‘Mizz’ Arellano, the last time I checked, our LAWs are still OURs (not YOURS) to break, enforce, or do whatever else we damn well please with.

So many thanks for giving us your two pesos about our country and the operating state of her laws, but no thanks.
Any chance you’d like to share some mother-of-the-year tips with us though?

Teddy on August 23, 2007 at 4:59 PM

We can not afford to track down and deport 12 million illegals and we should’nt have to. Boot them out of our factories and they will leave on their own.
Why can’t they stay in their own country and fight to make it a better place, like our forefathers did for us?
I could see myself retiring down there if they did’nt have the scum of the earth running the place.

leanright on August 23, 2007 at 5:02 PM

Ment no offence, what and how to moderate?

leanright on August 23, 2007 at 5:11 PM

leanright on August 23, 2007 at 5:02 PM

Just offer (for a fee of course) to impregnate women so their babies can collect social security.

I forget the numbers of American men that actually do this but it’s higher than you think.

Speakup on August 23, 2007 at 5:36 PM

Speakup on August 23, 2007 at 5:36 PM
Thanks, but I will try not to think about it.
No wonder the lefties loves Mexico more than the U.S.A., they have the same mind set.

P.S. Tell me you were just kidding.All you have to do to retire in Mexico (if your an American male) is put yourself out to stud.

leanright on August 23, 2007 at 6:59 PM

leanright on August 23, 2007 at 6:59 PM

Totally serious Dude, if you can make babies and collect SS you won’t lack for women or XX.

Speakup on August 23, 2007 at 7:30 PM

RW Wacko on August 23, 2007 at 9:29 AM

OT; I thought since she married you, citizenship was automatic. Has that changed?

oldleprechaun on August 24, 2007 at 6:47 AM