Video: Five-year-old lit on fire by jihadis for no apparent reason

posted at 6:32 pm on August 22, 2007 by Allahpundit

Maybe it’s because his father’s a security guard, maybe they just wanted to watch him burn. It’s a fine occasion, though, to revisit Michael Yon’s post from July about the boy allegedly baked and served to his family by Al Qaeda, the story of which inspired much shrieking and lamentations about wingnut propaganda in the “reality-based” community. How curious that in the cases of Jamilgate and Beauchamp we were solemnly warned not to worry so much about whether any particular report of an atrocity was true since, after all, they’re all true in the Larger Sense and their truth or falsity won’t affect the outcome of the war. And yet, when it comes to atrocities committed by the enemy, suddenly the same nutroots cretins were very skeptical and inquisitive indeed.

Hopefully that nuance will be explained in the next edition of Eric Boehlert’s Pensees. In the meantime, click the image to watch.

Update: More wingnut lies.

yousuf.jpg

Comments

hope they burn in hell forever

Defector01 on August 22, 2007 at 6:33 PM

My sorrow and sympathy goes to this poor child, and his hurting, struggling family. What a tragedy. What a moral sickness of the human heart.

ColtsFan on August 22, 2007 at 6:36 PM

Won’t…..can’t watch.

Tru2my2 on August 22, 2007 at 6:40 PM

Thanks for this, AP, Rusty.

I have no medical training, but it looks to me like plenty of his features are left that some plastic surgeries could restore his face to the point where eventually you would never be able to tell he had been burned. I didn’t get a good look at his hands…maybe someday he will realize his dreams and become a doctor as well. His Mom looks really sweet and I’ll bet his Dad is a quality individual as well. I hope all four of them will come to America someday.

RushBaby on August 22, 2007 at 6:41 PM

I’m still reading, but I want to pause and acknowledge the excellence of the expression “nutroots cretins.” It has rhythm, truth, and some sort of I-don’t-know-what. I’ll be looking for you to use it again; nor do I think you’ll be reluctant to satisfy me in this case.

Kralizec on August 22, 2007 at 6:42 PM

THIS brutality is what we’re fighting against.

Mojave Mark on August 22, 2007 at 6:44 PM

His eyes look like my own five-year-old son’s eyes.

Attention surrender fans: This is why we fight. This is what we fight against.

SailorDave on August 22, 2007 at 6:45 PM

This is why we are in Iraq. The 7th century barbarians who commit these atrocities need to be exterminated, wherever they are.

infidel4life on August 22, 2007 at 6:46 PM

Animals???

Why those are just Cindy Sheehan’s and George Galloway’s freedom-fighters doing what they do best. –Freeing innocent children to death.

Opinionnation on August 22, 2007 at 6:46 PM

Let me guess: they yelled “Allahu Akbar” while they committed their righteous deed?

No wonder people embrace atheism.

As for the liberal response … well, no wonder people vote Republican. Look at the alternative.

And don’t call them animals. They’re nowhere near that high up the food chain. Animals kill for food. Animals don’t torture another animal’s young for pleasure, or because their cult leader told them to.

Here’s the future happy ending to this story: thanks to the publicity (thanks to HotAir et al), some American burn specialist will offer his services pro bono … and fly this kid to the States for treatment. He’ll end up better looking after the surgery, and living in a better place … because he and his family will be granted asylum.

In two generations, this kid’s grandchildren will own a string of Middle Eastern restaurant’s throughout the American Midwest (called “Osama’s, of course, cuz the kid’ll have a great sense of humor … and the customers will enjoy the mock-ups of the then long-dead bin Laden that serve as decoration …) …. he’ll have married a beautiful American girl named Becky, had 5 kids named Achmed, Yasim, Rasheef, Emir, and Pete …. and he’ll live to be 98, scar-free and pain free, richer than he ever though possible … and long enough to see his former homeland become a safe and prosperous democracy.

And each day he’ll pray to Allah in gratitude for the animals creatures long forgotten terrorist things that burned him … because they accidentally set him and his family on the path to bigger and better things, and a long happy life in the land of the free and the home of the mother@#$ing brave.

If there’s some other ending, I don’t want to hear it. Hollywood needs to start writing my kind of movie, dammit.

Professor Blather on August 22, 2007 at 6:51 PM

Professor Blather on August 22, 2007 at 6:51 PM

Well the problem with that is that your kind of ending does not portray America as the root of all evil. And in not portraying America as the root of all evil it does not promote their socialist/communist agenda nor does it help them overthrow the corrupt American political system in favor of their preferred socialist/communist system and most importantly it does not place the blame for this child’s suffering squarely on Bushitler and his corrupt cronies.

doriangrey on August 22, 2007 at 6:58 PM

This is place to put up CNN Ethnic Cleansing video

The left hates Bosnia and Darfar Ethnic Cleansing but not Iraq’s ?

William Amos on August 22, 2007 at 7:05 PM

Can we question that they are “freedom fighters” yet?

Swine.

Mallard T. Drake on August 22, 2007 at 7:09 PM

To answer your general question from yesterday’s thread…no I am not praying for these men every night. When I see this, I can only wish them death.

Failure of faith…probably. Jesus forgave the people who crucified him as they did it. I admit I’m just not there, but since you raised the question I’ve decided to make it a personal challenge. I’ll pray for these monsters today.

One thing I’m pretty sure of, there is no other hope for them but God. They are dead souls.

John on August 22, 2007 at 7:09 PM

Attention surrender fans: This is why we fight. This is what we fight against.

SailorDave on August 22, 2007 at 6:45 PM

This is an example as to why the Americans should wish, not merely to fight, but also to kill their enemies, as many as may be required to make the rest weak and servile. It explains why I don’t think they should be satisfied merely to fight; why I think they should fight their wars to win, hands down; why they should demand the full surrender of those who oppose them; why they should hold their generals, President, Congress, Courts, and themselves responsible, not for being decent, or making a good effort, but for winning and that alone. “This barbarian domination stinks to everyone.”

Kralizec on August 22, 2007 at 7:14 PM

Ignorance is bliss.
I like being able to know this information because it reinforces my view that AQ is evil and needs to be fought and defeated at all costs.
I hate knowing this information because it really does just make me mad. Crazy mad. And I have no immediate outlet for this anger.
Why oh why can’t news like this be delivered to the American public via the usual suspects? Argh… grrr…

If the f-ing media and the left/democrats could get behind this effort to stamp out AQ it would be so much better and easier. As much contempt as the left sometimes inspires in me, I find it hard to believe that if they knew of atrocities like this they could be silent.

VolMagic on August 22, 2007 at 7:17 PM

Sad thing is the left is still passing around Abu Girahb pictures as what is going on in Iraq

William Amos on August 22, 2007 at 7:20 PM

Medically, there is a lot they can still do for this boy.

Blake on August 22, 2007 at 7:23 PM

VolMagic on August 22, 2007 at 7:17 PM

The moonbats wouldn’t be silent. They’d blame it on our presence in Iraq and our interference in the middle east in general:

“U.S. actions drove the poor bastards to the brink! It’s the only way they can show their disapproval! What else can you expect after the atrocities committed by US troops!” /sarc

IrishEi on August 22, 2007 at 7:26 PM

I’m not supposed to hate anyone. But I hate these people.

I really, really hate them.

inviolet on August 22, 2007 at 7:27 PM

Islam, the Religion of Piece(s)! If they don’t leave you in literal pieces then they leave your life in pieces.

TruthToBeTold on August 22, 2007 at 7:33 PM

John on August 22, 2007 at 7:09 PM

“[T]he present religion has led the world into weakness,” says Machiavelli. I’ve often withheld myself from full acceptance of his claim, as best I can, yet modern examples such as this undo my efforts. If the followers of the Lord Christ go on sounding so namby-pamby, one can foresee that European and American youth will forsake not only the weakness of left-liberalism for Islam, but they will forsake the Christian faith, as well. Pray for Christian men, that God will make them start to resemble men again.

Kralizec on August 22, 2007 at 7:33 PM

IrishEi on August 22, 2007 at 7:26 PM

So, I guess they still are “freedom fighters.”

Mallard T. Drake on August 22, 2007 at 7:38 PM

Professor Blather on August 22, 2007 at 6:51 PM

You are correct. I remember reading Fyodor Dostoevsky who made the exact same point. This is one reason why I think humans are of a ***different ontological kind*** (rather than just differing in degree) than animals. Sadly, the human heart is capable of cruelty to the nth degree.

We weep with the victim and with the hurting family at this moment.

ColtsFan on August 22, 2007 at 7:38 PM

I’m not supposed to hate anyone. But I hate these people.

I really, really hate them.

inviolet on August 22, 2007 at 7:27 PM

When they’re dead, you can stop hating them, as it’s unreasonable to hate what one need no longer fear.

Kralizec on August 22, 2007 at 7:38 PM

F-in’ A-holes!

Troy Rasmussen on August 22, 2007 at 7:41 PM

…but they will forsake the Christian faith, as well. Pray for Christian men, that God will make them start to resemble men again.

Kralizec on August 22, 2007 at 7:33 PM

Jesus taught us to resist evil. He also drove the money changers out of the temple twice, once using a whip to drive them out. While Christ is the Prince of Peace, he knew it was a battle to defeat evil. He willing went to the cross knowing it was the only way to defeat Satan. There is nothing wimpy about Jesus.

Mallard T. Drake on August 22, 2007 at 7:41 PM

Update: More wingnut lies.

I think that my favorite Patriot, General Washington, would be proud to know that courage like this still exist in a society struggling for freedom.

Troy Rasmussen on August 22, 2007 at 7:46 PM

Pull out of Iraq under the anti-war crowd’s terms, and we’ll be turning the country over to the [multiple expletives deleted] who did this to this boy. And those who baked a boy and served him to his family. And those who booby-trapped a girl’s school.

Bigfoot on August 22, 2007 at 7:48 PM

how many viewers does Hotair have everyday?

let’s all throw our money in and fly him over here and get him some surgeries…

we have the power to help… there are most likely hundreds of thousands reading this. if each of us gave $10.00 I’m sure it would be enough and I’m sure we can find a doctor to donate some time…

put up the link hotair.com… I’ll donate.

Kaptain Amerika on August 22, 2007 at 7:50 PM

I come from a time and place where this act of the lowest uncommon denominator wouldn’t even make the pages of a horror movie script. This would have been inconceivable by the average mind. The reaction to this cruel act of wickedness would have shocked many people into a national outrage to the point of action. The equal crime now is we are getting conditioned to such extreme measures of violence. It has jumped of the screen into reality. Call it what you want but a little ethnic cleansing of the types who commited this heinous act of pure debauchery wouldn’t hurt my feelings in the least. Anyway I am getting used to it! Poor kid.

sonnyspats1 on August 22, 2007 at 7:53 PM

put up the link hotair.com… I’ll donate.

Kaptain Amerika on August 22, 2007 at 7:50 PM

Excellent point. Let’s roll.

ColtsFan on August 22, 2007 at 8:03 PM

Hey libs….ya listening?….are ya?……

That face ALONE (forget all about 9/11 and everything else)….ALONE…is reason enough to put my son’s boots on the ground so he can PUT YOU IN A HOLE.

Limerick on August 22, 2007 at 8:14 PM

This [torturing another's children out of pleasure or cultic loyalty] is one reason why I think humans are of a ***different ontological kind*** (rather than just differing in degree) than animals. Sadly, the human heart is capable of cruelty to the nth degree.

ColtsFan on August 22, 2007 at 7:38 PM

I don’t know that “ontological” adds anything to “different kind,” but I won’t say more in dispute of that point.

I read that chimpanzees exhibit shocking and seemingly gratuitous cruelty toward other chimpanzees at times. I’ve myself watched as a cat calmly toyed with a terrified mouse, even after it began lying down repeatedly in total exhaustion. I’ve seen photos of lions biting great hunks out of a small grazing animal, completely indifferent to its still being alive and bleating. From all reports, animals kill other animals, often even those of their own kind, without hesitation or remorse, whenever they see a threat or opportunity that perceptibly warrants it. And oh, oh, oh, they don’t sit around and talk about how bad it all makes them feel, either before or after. If we were always as good as the other animals, our claim of superiority to them would seem more solid.

Kralizec on August 22, 2007 at 8:15 PM

Mallard T. Drake on August 22, 2007 at 7:41 PM

Now you’re talking, Sir Drake! Your apostolic mission, if you choose to accept it, is to go and teach everyone else to butch it up a little, too.

Kralizec on August 22, 2007 at 8:22 PM

I actually saw this on CNN this morning as I waited to see the endocrinologist. It was a little smarmy, and I don’t think it made it clear who the culprits were most likely to be, but good info nevertheless.

I also watched an ad for the new iMac, and that made me drool uncontrollably. Pure Apple lust. :)

Bob's Kid on August 22, 2007 at 8:23 PM

Sometimes wordiness adds clarity, other times (like your example of me above) wordiness adds only confusion instead.

Kralizec on August 22, 2007 at 8:15 PM

My primary purpose was to weep with the hurting family at this tragedy.

ColtsFan on August 22, 2007 at 8:35 PM

You know this stuff makes it really hard for me to “love thy enemy”.

KCtheKat on August 22, 2007 at 8:38 PM

Kralizec on August 22, 2007 at 7:33 PM

You are sorely mistaken, and I would suggest that the ranks of our active-duty armed forces include a higher percentage of Christian men than exists in the general populace, and the same in relation to atheists (sorry, AP), Jews, and most certainly Muslims.

I don’t know where you get your disrespect for Christian men, but you can STFU any time now.

Jaibones on August 22, 2007 at 9:08 PM

The people that did this are pure animals! They should be burned as well! How brave they are to attack a child while wearing masks, set him on fire and then run away! What stories of bravery they must share with one another! “Yes, today my brother,, I found a child playing in the streets! I put on my mask, poured gasoline on him, watched him burn and then ran away! Praise be to Allah!”

JellyToast on August 22, 2007 at 9:23 PM

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:

a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

As a believer I have no problem hating and wanting to make war and kill these jihadist scum. YMMV.

infidel4life on August 22, 2007 at 9:32 PM

I know this might be getting old, but things like this is why I continue to say Islam is NOT a religion… it’s a death cult.

Maxx on August 22, 2007 at 9:44 PM

Montjoie!

Jaibones on August 22, 2007 at 9:45 PM

barbaric thugs..hope they are caught and justice done.

Maxx, it is a death cult. Don’t let anyone tell you different.

Highrise on August 22, 2007 at 9:47 PM

It’s time to get old school on their hairless a$$!

sonnyspats1 on August 22, 2007 at 9:55 PM

It’s time to get old school on their hairless a$$!

sonnyspats1 on August 22, 2007 at 9:55 PM

Yeah, baby! Who needs ‘smart’ weapons? Worked for Atilla and Jenjiss, didn’t it?

TinMan13 on August 22, 2007 at 10:26 PM

can you people get off GOD and get on HELPING… let’s help this kid instead of arguing over which religion is full of violence… because it’s a fight niether of you will win, both books are full of killing and stoning and death to those who do not believe.

can we help this kid? or not?

Kaptain Amerika on August 22, 2007 at 10:30 PM

Lots of threads go wrong, but this one is for the books.

Jaibones on August 22, 2007 at 10:34 PM

put up the link hotair.com… I’ll donate.
Kaptain Amerika on August 22, 2007 at 7:50 PM

Excellent point. Let’s roll.

ColtsFan on August 22, 2007 at 8:03 PM

can we help this kid? or not?

Kaptain Amerika on August 22, 2007 at 10:30 PM

Let’s get MM on board with this.

ColtsFan on August 22, 2007 at 10:42 PM

can we help this kid? or not?

Kaptain Amerika on August 22, 2007 at 10:30 PM………………………………………………

It’s obvious the mother is soliciting assistance. With a shortage of surgeons in Iraq the boy really needs someone to step up and help. Geeze it’s a mirical ha hasn’t got an infection, by the look of his wounds..

sonnyspats1 on August 22, 2007 at 10:48 PM

Shriners Hospital.

Jaibones on August 22, 2007 at 11:11 PM

Sure hope the guy who did this was later filmed firing a defective mortar.

(Infidel) reconstructive surgery will take about 5 years to reshape this poor kid’s damage, but, as long as his eyes are okay, he has a good chance.

profitsbeard on August 22, 2007 at 11:57 PM

God, what a bunch of sick f*cks, doing this to innocent people…

Bad Candy on August 23, 2007 at 12:06 AM

With an ever shrinking earth and floods of third world migrants bringing their customs and beliefs with them and refusing to become Americans; really, how far removed are we from barbarity on this scale?

Speakup on August 23, 2007 at 12:54 AM

I call on anyone here who knows anyone who might be able to help… call them and ask them what they can do…

“hearts and minds” starts with our hearts and minds opening to their needs.

we can help this kid.

Kaptain Amerika on August 23, 2007 at 1:29 AM

Professor Blather on August 22, 2007 at 6:51 PM

Does “jihadidist monsters” suffice?

I’m sure somewhere this is “justified” in the holy Koran, somewhere between the wifebeating and the lying to infidels, and the killing of the kufar.

BKennedy on August 23, 2007 at 2:56 AM

Its way past time to take the gloves off with these animals!

Viper1 on August 23, 2007 at 8:24 AM

Can we question that they are “freedom fighters” yet?

Swine.

Mallard T. Drake on August 22, 2007 at 7:09 PM

Yes, they are freedom fighters…they are fighting for the freedom to murder, to torture, to disfigure, to act like low life toilet bowl drinking animals who now delight in attacking children. They are fighting for the freedom to establish a world wide caliphate, to force all of us to face East, to force us to wear burkas, Yes, this is the EVIL that they are fighting for. This is the evil that they want.

And Nona Pilosi wears a kerchief in their presence. And little Dick Durbin declares us losers. Murtha is quick to call some Marines murderers without due process of a hearing.

And yet, I still find people here in the People’s PC Republic of NY claiming that all of this is America’s fault.

More than ever Michelle’s battle cry of “WE WILL NOT SUBMIT” should be on our lips every moment of the day.

And until every stinking, low life, camel dung licking terrorist is defeated, whenever I face East, it is to commit an act of indecent exposure.

This terrorist behavior is NOT the will of God, but the will of EVIL ANIMALS.

The False Dervish on August 23, 2007 at 9:45 AM

IrishEi on August 22, 2007 at 7:26 PM

So how come I don’t commit these kinds of acts, since I’ve been driven to the brink in my life?

Oh, yeah…it’s called strength and self-control. I ain’t a coward like these bastards.

we can help this kid.

Kaptain Amerika on August 23, 2007 at 1:29 AM

I understand, based on someone from Jawa’s post, that Shriner’s may already be involved. If they, or Doctors Without Borders, can’t do anything I think we can figure it out. Let’s keep an eye on this issue…I’m in.

Miss_Anthrope on August 23, 2007 at 10:13 AM

This kind of pure evil strikes an ache into the very center of my heart. We must not stop fighting against these despicable acts.

The people stuck at the end of Al Qaeda’s sword do not belong there and we have a moral obligation as humans to help them. Which we are currently doing. And just because the effort is difficult, doesn’t mean it isn’t necessary.

I thank God every day that he has given us the resources and the quality of volunteer soldiers to step in the way of this wildly and indiscriminately swinging Islamofascist sword.

Lawrence on August 23, 2007 at 10:40 AM