New Jersey attorney general orders cops to start reporting illegal alien suspects to feds; Update: Geraldo smears righty blogs, misstates Linnik suspect’s status again

posted at 10:18 pm on August 22, 2007 by Allahpundit

Fantastic news. The order applies to all cases involving serious, i.e. indictable, offenses — and drunk driving. A good thing, too.

After a review driven by three brutal slayings, the state attorney general on Wednesday ordered New Jersey law enforcers to notify federal immigration officials whenever someone arrested for an indictable offense or drunken driving is found to be an illegal immigrant…

While saying she did not want to “Monday morning quarterback” the Newark case, [attorney general Anne] Milgram said that if the policy had been in place when Jose Carranza was indicted on the prior charges, federal officials might have placed an immigration hold on him, meaning he would have remained in custody or bail might have been set higher because of his immigration status…

The killings highlighted the need “to have a uniform state policy on notification to immigration,” Milgram said. Before the directive, “all police departments in our state had complete discretion as to if, when and how to notify immigration authorities.”

The policy applies immediately to all state and local law enforcement and to prosecutors. It also specifies that police notify prosecutors and courts when illegal immigrants are arrested…

The directive, however, prohibits officers from checking the immigration status of crime victims, witnesses or people seeking police assistance.

That last bit is there to make sure illegals continue to report crimes. I’d like to call this a victory, but I can’t. The toll is already too high. Back with the Geraldo/Tancredo showdown video in a few minutes.

Update: Here you go — Geraldo smearing right-wing blogs and Michelle, all but in name, amid the usual cacophony and nonsense. First up, a paranoid Alan Colmes puts words in Tancredo’s mouth and then torches the straw man, mumbling something about “subliminal messages” along the way. Then Geraldo takes America’s temperature and detects great anger — not towards the sanctuary city policies which 58% would punish with defunding but towards people like Tancredo for pointing out the problem. He and Tanc shout it out for the next minute or so, then the smear: Geraldo accuses right-wing blogs, including those of certain contributors to the Fox News Channel who shall remain nameless, of being interested in Zina Linnik’s murder for 24 hours and then quitting on it when they found out the suspect was a veteran. Hey, buddy? You’re insane. Here’s Michelle’s first post acknowledging Adhahn’s military service, as if it mattered one bit, dated July 13. Here’s her next post about Linnik, on July 15. And another, involving yet another Geraldo smear, on the 16th. And another, reprinting her column about Linnik, on the 18th. And yet another later that same night. And then an update on the 23rd, followed by another full post five hours later. Six separate posts over 10 days, and that’s only starting on July 13. Plain and simple, he’s a liar, and his bizarre non sequitur about Adhahn’s veteran status proves how unserious he is about this, as if righty bloggers would let him skate on murder if he could produce a dogtag. And the capper? He repeats the erroneous claim that Adhahn was a naturalized citizen. Totally wrong. As wrong as it was when he first said it two months ago.

Listen carefully, too, as Colmes announces the commercial break and teases the Pat Schroeder “conservatives don’t read” story. Is that a sarcastic “noooo” I hear from you know who in the background?

The segment after that is Geraldo laying the rhetorical groundwork to claim absurdly that a Democratic victory next year should be read as an endorsement of amnesty, notwithstanding that pesky 58% figure. And finally, Colmesy finishes up by asking mean ol’ Tom Tancredo what he thinks about illegal alien parents who might let their deathly ill children die rather than bring them to the ER and risk deportation. Tancredo’s left basically speechless. So am I.

Update: One more thing for the man who cares so much more than those right-wing bloggers: her name was Zina Linnik, not “Zani.”

Comments

That,s good news,but the kicker is will they enforce it!

canopfor on August 22, 2007 at 10:23 PM

I’d like to call this a victory, but I can’t.

Why, AP?

Finally, the pendulum seems to be swinging in the direction of common sense.

BacaDog on August 22, 2007 at 10:29 PM

I have the complete video smack-down here.

MsUnderestimated on August 22, 2007 at 10:30 PM

Dangit. Add spellcheck to the preview button wishlist.

BacaDog on August 22, 2007 at 10:31 PM

And to think, all it took was a child-raping, career criminal, illegal alien to execute 3 state residents and gravely wound another before our Political Overlords decided that maybe they should get around to enforcing the law.

Really, that’s all it took. Just. A. Few. Executions.

Thomas the Wraith on August 22, 2007 at 10:32 PM

I watch Glenn Beck at this timeslot.

H&C is too unwatchable.

You have H, who takes 4 minutes to ask a question.. then the guest finally gets into his answer and Colmes interjects with his idiotic comments…

or in this case. everyone talks over everyone.

*click*

Hi.. Glenn Beck

VinceP1974 on August 22, 2007 at 10:33 PM

It always takes lots of dead people to get the government to do it’s job and to think NEXT they want to run health care !

Maxx on August 22, 2007 at 10:34 PM

It should have been obvious, and like AllahP, it’s way too late for those youngsters.

We can’t bring them back. Hopefully we can make it less likely to happen again.

Bob's Kid on August 22, 2007 at 10:35 PM

Is it too early to cry “Hispaniphobia!”?

Thomas the Wraith on August 22, 2007 at 10:36 PM

One the one hand, I can understand the mother not wanting to know the absolute details; on the other, I (personally) would want to know every single thing to make a strong case, and blow this guy (and like ilk) off this nation.

My kid, your kid, Senator So-and-So’s kid…who gets the cheese?

Tru2my2 on August 22, 2007 at 10:43 PM

What a shame so many lives had to be destroyed before common sense could rise to the surface. I wish this could be a lesson for all states but I know it’s just a wish.

thedecider on August 22, 2007 at 10:44 PM

Again Geraldo we are saying no new immigrants. We are saying YES to legal and NO to illegal ones.

If you truly want to help them help them LEGALLY enter the country rather than sitting their on high decreeing that our borders just be flung open

William Amos on August 22, 2007 at 10:58 PM

This is great news, but it’s an absolute disgrace that it took national coverage of these horrific murders to make it happen. A lot of thanks to MM and you guys at HA, plus the other righty blogs that hammered this home.

Now how about the other 49 AGs.

IrishEi on August 22, 2007 at 11:04 PM

How disrespectful can you guys at Fox possibly be?

Would Fox allow Teddy Kennedy to be mauled like that? I don’t think so.

What a despicable display of nonsensical diatribe aimed at calling down a US Congressman and one of the few honorable ones at that.

Fox owes Tom Tancredo an apology and Geraldo should be suspended.

Speakup on August 22, 2007 at 11:06 PM

Couldn’t they just immigrate to Cuba,where life is a parade and healthcare is free?

Pam on August 22, 2007 at 11:09 PM

VinceP1974 on August 22, 2007 at 10:33 PM

I let the tv sit silently on the Cubs-Giants game and read Steyn’s book. (Code).

Jaibones on August 22, 2007 at 11:10 PM

Fox owes Tom Tancredo an apology and Geraldo should be suspended.

Speakup on August 22, 2007 at 11:06 PM

I was disgusted. Sent 3 emails during the show to let them know what I thought. What really has me peeved is the fact that this dirtbag is going to be at the 9/11 Freedom Concert. (I know at least 11 people who are going to boo his sorry ass.)

Geraldo’s gonna be around for a while I’m afraid. They cancelled his regular FOX show in January because of poor ratings and then brought it to the cable channel on weekends. Geraldo comes with a hefty contract, along with a staff of 40–count ’em–40! FOX is milking him for all he’s worth(less).

IrishEi on August 22, 2007 at 11:11 PM

You know reading the text above is enough for me.

Plain and simple, he’s a liar,

I simply refuse to hear the lying filth coming from Whore-aldo’s mouth and see the desperate lead-in from Colmes just before going to bed.

It’s simply not worth it.

Emotionally it makes me feel like a puss pimple is about ready to pop.

Those two have demonstrated endlessly that they are the puss that pops out of the dung beetles at the bottom of the sewage pit below the Daily Ko’s convention.

I will be SO glad when their last lies will subside in due course.

Mcguyver on August 22, 2007 at 11:12 PM

Geraldo = JACKASS

Metro on August 22, 2007 at 11:13 PM

and Geraldo should be suspended.

Speakup on August 22, 2007 at 11:06 PM

Why’s he on tv, anyway?

yo on August 22, 2007 at 11:19 PM

Is it just me or does Geraldo’s expression, when he is getting his fanny kicked in these debates, look like a puppy after it has been scolded and had it’s nose rubbed in the crap that it left on the floor.

dawgyear on August 22, 2007 at 11:27 PM

Geraldo needs to follow Rita Cosby to MesSNBC Were his opinion can be hailed by all 200 of their loyal fans.

Bicyea on August 22, 2007 at 11:27 PM

I saw this live tonight and I heard Geraldo and Colmsey keep speaking about the 60 other murders in Newark and why should we be concentrating on the three?

Well, without knowing the details of the other murders, I would have to say that in a free society, in which we live, there is not much you can do to stop all murders. Even in a police state murder would be very hard to stop. The whole point is that the murder of these three kids could have been stopped. The primary instigator was an illegal who had already commited other violent crimes. If proper police action had been taken this scum would not have been free to commit his heinous act. That is the whole point.
Are the 60 other murders as bad and as heartbreaking? Yes.
Could they have been stopped by more vigorous police work? I don’t know.
But I do know that those three kids would be alive today if that illegal scum-bag had been processed properly.
Can we make the world a wonderful rainbow-colored marshmellow parade with brotherly love for all? No.
But we can deal with the horrible reality that some of the illegals coming into America are the dregs of other countries that need to be either incarcerated or deported post haste.

VolMagic on August 22, 2007 at 11:27 PM

Now how about the other 49 AGs.

IrishEi on August 22, 2007 at 11:04 PM

Good luck with that. Here in CA, AG (good old ex-governor) Jerry Brown is too busy suing to block county and local governments who are trying to go forward with construction of highway infrastructure improvements (a multi-billion dollar state bond issue was passed by the voters in ’06) on grounds of environmental damage. So much for the focus on real crime here.

infidel4life on August 22, 2007 at 11:31 PM

Did Geraldo ever let Tancredo finish a sentence? I wish shows like this were more liberal—with their implementation of the mute button. It would’ve been nice if people could’ve heard what Tancredo, a presidential candidate, had to say on the matter. Instead it seems that Geraldo was intent on preventing Tancredo from speaking; or at least that’s how it appears in this video.

FloatingRock on August 22, 2007 at 11:32 PM

…about the fifth time I have erased my comments prior to posting because others will mistake nationalism for racism…

AZCON on August 22, 2007 at 11:47 PM

So when IS Rosie Rivera going on “The View” witht those
other treats ? ? ?

Texyank on August 22, 2007 at 11:49 PM

Gerald Michael Rivera changed his name which gives him the constitutional right to change the facts on any story he wishes to report.

Just another mouth to feed on your cable bill.

Limerick on August 22, 2007 at 11:51 PM

Heh, I was kind of amused when he took that swipe at Michelle. What a tool Geraldo is.

Bad Candy on August 22, 2007 at 11:56 PM

Alan Colmes is as ill informed and clueless as Geraldo is. I can’t hardly stand to hear him talk. Alan is sarcastic and Geraldo is loud; both are wrong.

katieanne on August 23, 2007 at 12:09 AM

katieanne on August 23, 2007 at 12:09 AM

I was thinking, maybe Colmes and Rivera could get a show on cable access when their contracts are up. That way I wouldn’t have to see them on my TV again.

PowWow on August 23, 2007 at 12:19 AM

Oh come on! This was a freakin outright execution of three bright young hopefuls for crissake! Besides that it was totally unprovoked. We wouldn’t let out military get away with that behavior in a theater of war. If I were Tanc I would have answered back about the 60 plus homicides ‘It’s damn well time we start investigating illegals’. I finally got to listen to Tank speak since I don’t watch C-Span. He is too herky jerky in the debate Q&A. Holmes must have got his Italian up! The crap judiciary of the mega liberal NJ is letting the guy walk for only a million dollar bail? In FL homicide = mandatory NO BAIL as it should be, and baby rapers get the same NO BAIL status.

sonnyspats1 on August 23, 2007 at 12:20 AM

So I guess Tancredo did get to utter one or two lines. Hannity has no idea as to how to control his own show. I once saw Ann Coulter once call for Hannity repeatedly because she had two big mouths shouting over her. Sean apparently had left to comb his hair or something.
The simple point is that if illegal immigrants WEREN’T in our country, they COULDN’T break our laws. Anything from spitting on the sidewalk to satanic ritual killings, these crimes would not take place in our country by that subgroup of invaders.

thegreatbeast on August 23, 2007 at 12:20 AM

The Geraldo and Colmes Strawman Cottage Industry at its most industrious.

No assembly required.

Made from only the finest illegal straw.

Useful for all manner of political scarecrows.

If we only had a brain…”

profitsbeard on August 23, 2007 at 12:24 AM

Allah, from the earlier thread:

I’m going to be semi-nice to Geraldo this time, partly because he doesn’t deserve the nonsense spewed at him here, partly because I grudgingly admire his willingness to go on the air and take a beating on this issue day after day, and partly because he’s scheduled to face off with Tancredo tonight on H&C so I want to reserve the vitriol for later.

And you, justifiably, made good on that promise:

Hey, mustache? You’re insane.

While one might attack you for name calling, etc. sometimes it’s all there is left to do. When liberals like Geraldo will continue lying, unchecked, what else can you do? You’ve pointed out the lies, they are indisputable… the only thing left to do is call a douche a douche. This is my problem with Hannity, he should have nailed that idiot to the floor when he made that comment. It’s just like when he whines about hypocrisy from global warmists… sure, that’s annoying, but how about the fact that science doesn’t support man made global warming, and developments prove this further by the day. Hannity needs a better research team to prepare him for this crap.

RightWinged on August 23, 2007 at 12:39 AM

Hey, mustache? You’re insane.

Yeah, I changed the “mustache” part. Just a little too gratuitous. Left in the insane part because, well, he is.

Allahpundit on August 23, 2007 at 12:41 AM

I never gave much thought to the ‘Geraldo vs Jerry Rivers’ thing but now that I know, nothings changed. I still see him as a grandstander who won’t even be remembered in a few years, unless he keeps stinking up Fox News. If they dropped him, poof! Gone off our radar, maybe he would surface on MSNBC (where the used to be’s and the never were’s congregate).

Doug on August 23, 2007 at 1:03 AM

Left in the insane part because, well, he is.

Allahpundit on August 23, 2007 at 12:41 AM

He may be insane, but he makes a LOT more money than you or me by whoring for the MSM — and he is absolutely shameless when it comes to the women folk (but I won’t even go THERE).

Next Up:
Geraldo interviews AllahPundit and asks

So how’s that sanity thing workin’ out for ya’ AP?

CyberCipher on August 23, 2007 at 1:10 AM

Am I the only one who’s terrified over the fact that you can scroll down HA’s home page right now, and see Geraldo’s face 4 TIMES!!! I don’t know if we could ever have even said that about Rosie!

RightWinged on August 23, 2007 at 5:25 AM

Geraldo Rivera and Allan Colmes should take their liberal leftist class acts over to PMSNBC, where they can join Ravin’ Chris Mathews, Olby-One, Chris “Gonna Catch me A Predator” Hanson, and the rest of the crew that is currently sending the ratings for that network spinning down into oblivion.

pilamaye on August 23, 2007 at 6:09 AM

Jerry loved it when he had his talk show and all eyes were on him in the vault. Times have changed and the dinosaur media is on the way out. Jerry is envious of the blogs and all of the new media, in my opinion.

If the blogs were meaningless, why mention it?

New Jersey takes a single step in the right direction.

saved on August 23, 2007 at 7:01 AM

Geraldo, you can’t listen when your mouth is wide open!
You are rude and try to run over people that disagree with you.
My daughter, my future daughter-in law and a personel friend have all been involved in car accidents with illegels. The common denominator for all three accidents? The illegels fled the scene before police arrived. Guilty of yet another crime they would not have had to commit if they were here leagally. One crime leads to another brother, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

leanright on August 23, 2007 at 7:06 AM

Somehow, the conversation came around to Hisapnics. Why Geraldo is fixated on Hispanics – because he is doing his part to be a cheerleader for an “overlooked” voting bloc come 2008.

I’ve been voting since 1987. I’m Hispanic, I’m a Republican, but I’d NEVER and have never support illegal aliens.

Fox needs to dump that blowhard.

madmonkphotog on August 23, 2007 at 7:12 AM

Liberalism is a psychological disorder and Allen and Geraldo are the poster children for it.

csdeven on August 23, 2007 at 7:33 AM

I stopped by H&C to see what was happening last night. I was just in time for GR to smear “those right wing blogs, some of whom are contributors to this network…” Then as if on cue, he mentioned the 60 other murders in Newark. NOT AGAIN! CLICK. Back to the DC United game I went.

I’ve heard about all I can from this fool. He makes me so mad at this point; I could spit on him if he ever came into my presence. He doesn’t have a clue. And let him try to smear the Boss just one more time…And…And…Ugh!

Thankfully, our paths will never cross. I would much rather avoid him so as not to get my “Irish” up and make a fool of myself. But, boy does he piss me off!

JohnnyD on August 23, 2007 at 8:00 AM

When you are forced to out-scream your opponent to keep them from making a complete ass out of you, then you are delusional if you think your point has any validity. If Tancredo could’ve made his point, then Geraldo would’ve been made a bigger fool than he even made of himself. The loss of control by the left is increasing.

volsense on August 23, 2007 at 8:39 AM

Hannity totally lost control of this segment.

And can I say how much I hate the “I love you brother, but..” routine? Who cares about their personal relationships? If I wanted to watch Soap Operas…I’d probably be a Geraldo fan.

Buy Danish on August 23, 2007 at 8:39 AM

It was obvious that GR played the filibuster card big time. He knows how to burn up segment time, leaving his opponent very little time to rebut. He is a master at deflecting the issue by citing irrelevant “facts”.

Ratings are the key to getting him off the network. No viewers on his show=no reason to keep him around. Each time he appears, he damages what little viewing base he has. I say book him more and he will not be around long.

Over saturation is a wonderful thing.

portlandbob on August 23, 2007 at 9:28 AM

Do you think Geraldo is playing a game, or does he really believe the ignorance he spews? He can’t be that stupid. he just can’t.

These issues aren’t rocket science. There must be something going on that I’m not aware of.

flipflopper on August 23, 2007 at 9:28 AM

Alan Colmes can’t be this stupid. If you enter a hospital in need of emergency care because you’re dying, no hospital is going to refuse you. By law, they cannot.

gabriel sutherland on August 23, 2007 at 9:32 AM

Hannity totally lost control of this segment.
Buy Danish on August 23, 2007 at 8:39 AM

Hannity seldom has control of any conversation. He either lets things pass with a chuckle or gets into a yelling match with a mental midget (a little minded person). I used to think it was because he was trying Bush’s new tone, but I now think it probably has more to do with the fact that he is not prepared to answer idiots like Colmes and others. He only engages in fierce rhetoric with people who he knows will not have a good answer to the question. And by “the question”, it is usually one question that he pounds an idiot with. His only follow-up is the chuckle.
I am sick of the talking heads on FOX News. They continue to give idiots like Barnes and Kondracke “authority” on the subject of illegal immigration and tell us why we’re a bunch of racist nativists. Then they allow hacks like Geraldo, who was Jerry Springer when Jerry Springer wasn’t cool, and Wendy Murphy, who continues her asinine rants about college kids who were found innocent by the state of NC, to continue to spew inaccurate and damaging information. When they give blatant liars an audience, they are doing more hurt than good. I would prefer to listen to Susan Estrich than the ‘stache.

jeffNWV on August 23, 2007 at 9:36 AM

The “Stache” just doesn’t know how or when to SHUT UP.

Sgt. Khe Sahn

1GooDDaDDy on August 23, 2007 at 10:04 AM

The simple truth is Jerry Rivers hates America. He proves how much he hates it by what he says about the “need” for open borders and his protests that he loves America. Need more proof? Does anyone remember when he first went to work for Fox and got unlimited access to the Israeli National Defense Force? He started his report on it by saying, “I love Israel and am the biggest Zionist you’ll ever meet . . . but the way the Israelis treat the Palestinians is deplorable. The US should stop supporting Israel now.” That is the same thing the clown says when he talks about his love for America, “I love America but . . . it’s becoming a place where my sons will have to drop their pants to prove they aren’t illegal.”

srhoades on August 23, 2007 at 10:37 AM

How hard is it for Geraldo to understand, special preferences for Mexicans is a form of bigotry?

Are Mexicans MORE equal than anyone who OBEYS the law?

SHEESH

franksalterego on August 23, 2007 at 10:46 AM

As a NJ resident, I’ll call it a victory. Anything out of our state government that comes anywhere this close to common sense is a victory!

flutejpl on August 23, 2007 at 10:53 AM

Once again, Geraldo is ate up with latinitis. He won’t be happy until the US is a hispanic country. Lyndon Johnson was right about Latin decision makers. With most people, good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement. With Geraldo, bad judgement is a constant, just like government corruption in latin America.

saiga on August 23, 2007 at 10:57 AM

When Latinos embark on legal citizenship in America, they make the choice to start a new life and adhear to a new set of rules and standards. Many are fed up with the trainwreck governments they are leaving and want to step up and take responsibility for themselves here. The achievements of those immigrants are in many cases greater than many people born here.

On the other hand, illegals are cheaters and never make the commitment to accept their responsibility to the US. And, in many ways, they create more problems than they solve.

saiga on August 23, 2007 at 11:07 AM

I can’t stand Hannity. He’s such a friggin’ goody two shoes. And Alan, who I always thought was not that nutbar like…is now a nutbar. I watch Fox less and less, I only watch Special report. And that freak Geraldo is riding that “everyone hates me” card big time now…it gets him more airtime, and really that’s all he cares about. If there any Illinois people here…Let’s start calling Lisa Madigan (I already have today) and your state Sens and Reps. I mean, if they can do it in that F’ed up New Jersey, we should try in this really F’ed up Illinois.

LtE126 on August 23, 2007 at 11:15 AM

“Fawn” Hannity.

PRCalDude on August 23, 2007 at 11:34 AM

I’m glad Congressman Tancredo got the air time, but I’m also glad I stopped watching H&C a long time ago. Colmes & Jerry Rivers turn my stomach. I’m down to watching only Special Report and Michelle subbing for O’Reilly. Is there some way we can get the Boss her own show?

countywolf on August 23, 2007 at 11:48 AM

Where is my bucket?
Gee, it would have been nice if Tom had been allowed to speak without Horaldo or Scholmes blabbering over him.

Tom Tancredo is one of the only people in Congress that will talk about the North American Union; Duncan Hunter is another.
God bless them both.

Christine on August 23, 2007 at 11:56 AM

How about Pawn Hammity? But, since he’s under contract with FNC I doubt he has a choice about what he says, even on his radio show. All the news is controlled by the government media complex.

Christine on August 23, 2007 at 11:59 AM

I watched the re-run of this last night and I came to the conclusion that Geraldo is trapped in a time warp. He equates all illegals as hard working immigrants, i.e. circa early 1900’s. Geraldo forgets that the majority of immigrants in the early 1900’s were legal, hince his snarky comment to Tancredo about his grand-parents.

moonsbreath on August 23, 2007 at 12:28 PM

Whore-aldo = P.U.K.E.

Miss_Anthrope on August 23, 2007 at 12:41 PM

Geraldo supports the Willie Horton Revolving Door policy towards Illegal Aliens.

And Geraldo has no sympathy for American victims of crimes committed by Illegal Aliens.

DfDeportation on August 23, 2007 at 1:48 PM

At the risk of making it appear I agree with the male version of Greta Van Sustren and the tabloid wing of FNC:

There really are two issues here.

One is how to deal with illegals who break the law. To some extent Geraldo is right in saying that the criminals’ legal status is irrelevant. That, however, misses the bigger and more important issue…..

Specifically, the role of local law enforcement in dealing with illegals. New Jersey politicians decided to adopt a “do no harm” policy that has came back to bite them in their collective rumps. Local citizens don’t want their elected officials arrogantly defending policies that harbor illegals and allow innocents to be gunned down by gang activity. “Do no harm” sounds good when presented by the pro-open borders crowd when they frame it as allowing people to work under the table but it falls apart in the reality that illegals don’t just work in fields or hotels but also establish drug distribution rings and other ILLEGAL activities. The most humorous part is when blowhards like that mayor in Newark holds a press conference to express shock that people who disregard American laws concerning immigration would be involved in murders and drug cartels.

highhopes on August 23, 2007 at 1:52 PM

Ummm the criminal’s legal status is quite relevant.

First they should not be here. Second if found, they should be sent out of the country. To me that is relevant.

MarkB on August 23, 2007 at 7:45 PM

In this sense, Geraldo’s position is correct, the perp’s immigration status is irrelevant.

Had there been no “sanctuary” and the local police had notified ICE, nothing would have happened, anyway.

That need to change, too.

dinasour on August 23, 2007 at 8:26 PM

DfDeportation on August 23, 2007 at 1:48 PM

I’m suprised GR isn’t pushing for a “wet foot/ dry foot” policy like we have with Cuba.

Paul the American on August 23, 2007 at 10:23 PM

FOX is milking him for all he’s worth(less).

IrishEi on August 22, 2007 at 11:11 PM

True. Ironically, so are we?

Connie on August 24, 2007 at 1:55 AM

CNN has Lou Dobbs and FOXNews has Geraldo. I think it’s time for a trade. FOXNews would be the clear winner in that trade.

Zaire67 on August 24, 2007 at 4:08 PM

More good news!!

via http://www.outragedpatriots.com/

A little background – I understand (from old MM post??) after 9/11, the US deported about 1500 illegal Pakistanis.
In the following 6 months, an additional 15,000 (sic) self-deported.

All it takes is just a LITTLE law enforcement to get everyone to respect the law. You know, like meter maids!!

fred5678 on August 24, 2007 at 5:28 PM

Fox News seems to think that we (the viewing public) are addicted to argumentative hosts and guests, instead of conservative guests given enough time to speak their mind.

I hate argumentative “panels” of babbling idiots, and I’ve already turned off Fox on the weekends. (Whore-aldo “At Large” is on every other half hour and they use him to preempt regular programming for “breaking” news.)

I’m getting sick of Fox news, and I can’t be the only one.

Except for Neil and Brit, it’s gone total-tabloid.

Keith_Z on August 24, 2007 at 7:10 PM

Leave it to the NYT to put the spin on this latest directive. Those are some brave police chiefs hiding behind anonymity.

“I’m not sure how we’re going to go about enacting it on the local level,” said the chief, Mitchell E. Roth, adding that his 34 full-time officers do not routinely ask about immigration status. “We have special-interest groups. We have to be very diplomatic.”

Where do we get these men from? Is everyone a gutless wonder nowadays? These chiefs just draw the check and leave the living and the dieing to everyone else. Three people died and the city of Newark should be named as conspirator.

JJ Trueheart on August 25, 2007 at 11:22 AM

Also, I agree–Fox is a mere shadow of itself (albeit a noisy, pop culture-whore shadow). It’s awful. I wish there were more Michelle though.
JJ