Yahoo News warns of anti-immigrant pogroms, LGF, “MalKKKin”

posted at 6:53 pm on August 16, 2007 by Allahpundit

A-yup, almost as if to prove Charles’s point. Kos is a bigger target for righty bloggers because we swim in the same ocean but there’s no question, I think, that HuffPo’s worse. Day in, day out, on the blog and in the comments especially, neither rain nor sleet nor Tony Snow death wishes shall keep Arianna from her appointed media rounds. Occasionally something too dark to ignore will bubble up and they’ll be called on it but it’s a testament to her clout and savvy that they skate as completely as they do. Gutfeld’s gotten two years of material out of their queasier moments but you can count on the divine miss A turning up on Kurtz’s show or Hardball or wherever real soon.

Speaking of hysterical ranting about anti-illegal “racism,” I couldn’t resist one more go at you know who. From today’s “Big Story,” it’s the same old shinola but it’s fun to watch him spin and, especially, sweat when he’s pressed on the minor fact that Carranza wouldn’t have been here to kill those kids had we simply enforced the law. Gibby puts it squarely to him at the end of the clip and his reaction quite literally is to sigh. The one new bit is at the beginning where he fleshes out his proposal to make immigration status a factor in bail hearings for Class A felonies on the theory that illegals charged with serious crimes are more likely to skip bail if they’re released. Which actually makes no sense: someone facing a serious felony charge like a Class A isn’t going to worry about being deported, he’s going to worry about lethal injection or life in prison. He’s the same flight risk as a citizen charged with the same crime, which is why bail is so hard to come by in those cases in the first place. It’s the lesser offenses where illegal status might matter. An illegal looking at a year for a DUI is a greater risk to jump bail than a citizen in the same circumstance because he’s afraid he’ll be deported if ICE finds out. Geraldo realizes that, I’m sure, just like I’m sure he realizes that it’s the DUIs who seem to do most of the killing among criminal illegal aliens, but he’s too much of an amnesty shill to take the sensible position on this. He doesn’t want people deported if they commit anything less than a violent felony, even though they may commit a violent felony once they get out. Simple as that.

Comments

Well LISTEN Geraldohead There are LEGAL means for people to immigrate to this country. We dont prevent everyone from coming we onlyask they go through a process

Some have deceided to shortcut the process and break the law.

Why dont you have the brains enough to go to the Hispanic community and work with them to LEGALLY enter the country rather than break our laws to do it ?

Your doing a disservice to Hispanics and others who take the time and make the effort to obey the law

William Amos on August 16, 2007 at 6:59 PM

Too bad sneaking across the border isn’t a Class A felony…

ScottMcC on August 16, 2007 at 7:01 PM

“Peace…Love…Dove”

Sgt. Khe Sanh

1GooDDaDDy on August 16, 2007 at 7:03 PM

Again. Who really cares what this sh#t for brains thinks? All he’s doing is keeping himself in the news. I think time would be better spent on others who share his view: expose how many “think” that way, how widespread the idiocy is, rather than recycle his same, tired act…

JWS on August 16, 2007 at 7:05 PM

GOP Declares Open War on Brown People

Accuracy aside, that is an amazing headline. Yes?

JaHerer22 on August 16, 2007 at 7:07 PM

Does anyone know the ratings for Gerry’s show on FOXNews Channel? I bet they are nil…

SouthernGent on August 16, 2007 at 7:07 PM

Accuracy aside, that is an amazing headline. Yes?

If you think that’s accurate what in the hell are you doing reading this blog? Go read some lefty horseshit where they express their love by doing minstrel makeup photoshops on Joe Lieberman.

Allahpundit on August 16, 2007 at 7:08 PM

GOP Declares Open War on Brown People

Accuracy aside, that is an amazing headline. Yes?

JaHerer22 on August 16, 2007 at 7:07 PM

I guess JaHerer is all for enslaving them with subpar wages in the US rather than outsourcing the jobs to them ?

William Amos on August 16, 2007 at 7:10 PM

JaHerer22 on August 16, 2007 at 7:07 PM

Easy folks, I think it was only a joke.

Sgt. Khe Sahn

1GooDDaDDy on August 16, 2007 at 7:12 PM

*sigh*

aero on August 16, 2007 at 7:12 PM

Or…I could be wrong.

Sgt Khe Sahn

1GooDDaDDy on August 16, 2007 at 7:13 PM

Easy folks, I think it was only a joke.

My exact thoughts.

terryannonline on August 16, 2007 at 7:13 PM

I agree, I think I even emailed O’Reilly once that if he’s going to continue this campaign against Kos, he certainly needs to include the far worse HuffPo.

SouthernGent on August 16, 2007 at 7:07 PM

I would say the fact that he’s on the weekend is telling… but then again, so is Julie Banderas, and she’s as hot as it gets.

I can’t imagine his ratings are that great, though maybe he picks up lonely tabloid crazed Larry King watchers who need a weekend fix of “dead/missing girl of the week”. But still, I think he must have some dirt on Ailes so they won’t can him, because he’s just an embarrassment to the network, along with Shep.

RightWinged on August 16, 2007 at 7:14 PM

Maybe they can be like Bill Richardson’s aide and Democratic leader

and put illegals into Brothels

William Amos on August 16, 2007 at 7:14 PM

Immigrationist advance and be recognized!

I am Spartacus!

TheSitRep on August 16, 2007 at 7:15 PM

GOP Declares Open War on Brown People

Accuracy aside, that is an amazing headline. Yes?

JaHerer22 on August 16, 2007 at 7:07 PM

Allahpundit on August 16, 2007 at 7:08 PM

Allah, I think you may have cracked open the brews a couple hours to early tonight, playa. I think JaHerer22 said “Accuracy aside”, but meant “Inaccuracy aside”, because even though he said “Accuracy”, I don’t think he’s endorsing it as an accurate headline.

We’ll have to see what he says, and I can’t totally fault you given that clown’s history here at HA, but I get the impression he didn’t mean to say the headline was accurate.

RightWinged on August 16, 2007 at 7:18 PM

No…I am Spartacus…really.

Sgt, Khe Sahn

1GooDDaDDy on August 16, 2007 at 7:18 PM

It’s not fair to blame “yahoo news” here. Yahoo is just an aggregate. it takes all articles from it sources and publishes them. It publishes Rall’s work too. Does that mean yahoo agrees with his cartoons? Of course not.

Blame the writers, not the aggregrator that simply makes everything available.

lorien1973 on August 16, 2007 at 7:19 PM

I’m really tempted to break into Geraldo’s house, wait on the couch eating cheetos and flipping channels, then declare myself an “undocumented houseguest” when discovered. I’m not going to do it, I just like the thought of it.

trubble on August 16, 2007 at 7:20 PM

Im just curious as to what “Color” does the people at doubleplus think Michelle is ?

William Amos on August 16, 2007 at 7:21 PM

In that case, I apologize.

Who’s forcing them to publish HuffPo? That’s my point.

Allahpundit on August 16, 2007 at 7:22 PM

JaHerer22 on August 16, 2007 at 7:07 PM

Easy folks, I think it was JaHerer22 is only a joke.

Sgt. Khe Sahn

1GooDDaDDy on August 16, 2007 at 7:12 PM

There. Fixed that for ya’. No need to thank me. Just bein’ neighborly.

CyberCipher on August 16, 2007 at 7:24 PM

trubble, make sure you smear Cheeto cheese fingerprints on his couch.

This isn’t the first time Yahoo has featured HuffPo crazed rants in their opinion pages.

Bad Candy on August 16, 2007 at 7:25 PM

Has anyone asked Geraldo how many undocumented workers he has tending his lawn?

pilamaye on August 16, 2007 at 7:25 PM

William Amos on August 16, 2007 at 7:21 PM

Uh, William, I am the people at doubleplusundead. I’m the one reporting the HuffPo hate piece, I’m not agreeing with it Einstein, and I see the irony that Michelle ain’t exactly the most alabaster lady in the dextrosphere. Use your head.

Bad Candy on August 16, 2007 at 7:29 PM

Sorry Mistook what was said there Bad

most the time Allah direct links to stuff

William Amos on August 16, 2007 at 7:33 PM

And looking at the Zombie link at Headlines, I see that the KKK is a common theme in the sinistrosphere today.

Bad Candy on August 16, 2007 at 7:33 PM

Now my verbal history is being changed right before my very eyes…and I haven’t even died yet.

At least wait for me to have a shovel full of dirt thrown in my face before you distort my words fellas.

Sgt. Khe Sahn

1GooDDaDDy on August 16, 2007 at 7:34 PM

Nah, its alright, just click if its not a direct link, its usually someone on your side.

Bad Candy on August 16, 2007 at 7:35 PM

How did Geraldo end up as a regular on O’R and with his own gig on Fox News? Man he’s become irritating. He just doesn’t get that it’s not about race or ethnicity, eh?

MT on August 16, 2007 at 7:37 PM

Since its about this issue and Allah didnt put unp the info I sent will place it here

US Census bureau Asks immigration not to raid illegals in 2010 because it wants to accurately count them

William Amos on August 16, 2007 at 7:37 PM

MT, I’m guessing they spend a big wad of cash on a contract for Geraldo, and have no effing clue what to do with him.

Bad Candy on August 16, 2007 at 7:39 PM

Blame the writers, not the aggregrator that simply makes everything available.

lorien1973 on August 16, 2007 at 7:19 PM

Do they make HotAir posts available, Malkin posts, Malkin columns, Coulter columns?

Yahoo! News is a villain, I have see misleading or outright lying headlines running on their home page dozens of times. When I was blogging I highlighted at least half a dozen I’d say, and Bryan has highlighted a handful here as well.

For starters, their bias shows in what stories they choose to feature, secondly it shows when they write their own headlines for Reuters and AP wire stories, and they’re often inaccurate, misleading, or outright lies. Next, I noticed recently that in articles about a presidential candidate, they’ll put a link to the candidate’s home page after the article. I struggled to find one linking to anyone outside of Edwards and Obama, and I almost want to say Ron Paul (this was a few weeks ago when I investigated it a bit).

Sure, the AP has a problem, but Yahoo! is certainly not innocent.

Who’s forcing them to publish HuffPo? That’s my point.

Allahpundit on August 16, 2007 at 7:22 PM

Exactly. And the answer is, no one is “forcing” it, it’s an editorial decision to interact with a site who’s opinion is in line with theirs.

And for anyone who thinks the headlines that show up on there home page are just “most recent” like an RSS feed or something, let me disavow you of that idea right now, it’s definitely not. I’ve watched the headlines there enough. Someone out there constantly physically decides what makes that list of 7 or 8 headlines.

RightWinged on August 16, 2007 at 7:41 PM

Might I suggest a new heading “Lefty Horseshit” in the right sidebar?

MT on August 16, 2007 at 7:43 PM

Promote him off the air! :P

MT on August 16, 2007 at 7:44 PM

On A story Geraldo was already reporting on, the facts just happen to emerge that illegal immigration is a factor. How can he possibly paint this as some type of bias. Next will he say anti-immigration bigots are the ones duped into reporting on this story in the first place?

Resolute on August 16, 2007 at 7:49 PM

MT on August 16, 2007 at 7:37 PM

That is standard operating procedure for Fox News.

FOX NEWS EXECUTIVE ORDER
All news casts must be fair and balanced.
We will have Hannity on the right and Colmes on the left
If the host of the show is considered moderate but panders to the left like Bill O’Reilly then we will balance him on the right with Michelle Malkin and add some whacko like Geraldo on the extreme crazy left.

Regards,

R Murdock

TheSitRep on August 16, 2007 at 7:50 PM

I meant will Geraldo say that anti-immigration bigots duped him into covering the story in the first place.

Resolute on August 16, 2007 at 7:52 PM

Why doesn’t FOX News just fire the traitor? The Al Capone safe was nothing compared to his giving away military positions and strategy on live TV. Why is FOX News keeping him on? He never adds anything to the discussion except uncontrolled emotion and unsubstantiated facts.

Zaire67 on August 16, 2007 at 7:53 PM

Zaire, I’m wagering he’s got an ironclad longterm contract that cost a fortune.

Bad Candy on August 16, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Michelle may have better arguments than Geraldo but Geraldo is louder.
Michelle may have better hair that Geraldo but Geraldo has a better mustache.
Michelle may be better looking than Geraldo but Geraldo has a better contract.
Michelle may have more credibility than Geraldo but Geraldo has a better mustache.
Michelle may have the facts on her side but Geraldo has a better mustache.
Michelle may have the public on her side but Geraldo has a better mustache.

Excuse me, this is where I came in.

TunaTalon on August 16, 2007 at 7:59 PM

Geraldo attacks Michelle over Zina Linnik

Start watching at about 3:40 in… right at the end.

MT on August 16, 2007 at 8:08 PM

TunaTalon on August 16, 2007 at 7:59 PM

Couldn’t said it better myself…Tanks.

Sgt. Khe Sahn

1GooDDaDDy on August 16, 2007 at 8:08 PM

Spartacus!

Hardheado got it wrong at the end of the vid. He should have never been in the country. That way, he never would have been released from jail.

TheSitRep, I hope you guys are keepin dry there. Hope Dean doesn’t get too rough.

Kini on August 16, 2007 at 8:10 PM

…Excuse me, this is where I came in.

TunaTalon on August 16, 2007 at 7:59 PM

My collie says:

I have a better mustache than Whoraldo.

CyberCipher on August 16, 2007 at 8:11 PM

Why doesn’t FOX News just fire the traitor?
Zaire67 on August 16, 2007 at 7:53 PM

Fair and UnBalanced?

Kini on August 16, 2007 at 8:12 PM

Give Kos a show if you want balance. As it is, idgits mistake Geraldo for a conservative.

MT on August 16, 2007 at 8:17 PM

Hey, Geraldo, the reason why the citizenship status of the victims is not focused on is probably because…

they are legal American citizens (as far as I know) and this low life, toilet bowl water drinking animal is here ILLEGALLY AND IS ALSO A MURDERER.

Geraldo, instead of devoting yourself to the purpose of letting illegals continue to violate our national sovereignity and our immigration laws, you should investigate why their countries do not want to do anything to improve their conditions so that no one wants to leave? I admit that La Raza, Atecal (?), and other reconquistador groups might excommunicate you from El Monde dos Latinos (the Latin World), but you are supposed to be an investigative journalist first and a Latino second…aren’t you?

The False Dervish on August 16, 2007 at 8:20 PM

Geraldo on, channel changed. Can’t wait to find out: was he breathless? outrageous? on the wrong side of some issue?

JWS on August 16, 2007 at 8:45 PM

OT – I did not even know that Illinois had a straw poll, but saw this.

Mitt Romney – 40.35%
Fred Thompson – 19.96%
Ron Paul – 18.87%
Rudy Giuliani – 11.61%
John McCain – 4.12%
Mike Huckabee – 3.04%
Sam Brownback – 1.08%
Duncan Hunter – .65%
Tom Tancrado – .33%

I did not even know that Illinois had a straw poll, but saw this.

MB4 on August 16, 2007 at 8:56 PM

GOP Declares Open War on Brown People

Accuracy aside, that is an amazing headline. Yes?

JaHerer22 on August 16, 2007 at 7:07 PM

It’d be a good headline for The Onion.

aengus on August 16, 2007 at 9:34 PM

Geraldomundo is not allowed in my home. Period. Any time FOX decides they must air him – the channel is changed. I don’t care if it’s “King of the Hill,” I’ll watch it. I can’t watch the ‘stache….his attacks on the sovereinty of our borders are more than I can tolerate. I’m finding Glen Beck more amusing than I’d have ever admitted six months ago (but that’s in another slot on another, gasp, channel). Beck has a clear and present message. FOX is destroying the very base that brought them to the dance in the first place. O’Reilly must be slipping in ratings and Geraldomundo must be close to extinction – the sooner the better.

24K lady on August 16, 2007 at 9:42 PM

Geraldo is tapdancing so hard his shoes are going to ignite.

Asbestos Loafers For Geraldo!

profitsbeard on August 16, 2007 at 9:45 PM

What business is it of Geraldo’s what Americans become incensed about?
Maybe they’re right to demand change.

How many are dead, raped or otherwise harmed because of a purposely underfunded, purposely hamstringed alien free pass system?

Have past public calls for law enforcement been heeded?

No wonder the public has a very sore spot were illegally migrating criminals are concerned.

Speakup on August 16, 2007 at 10:14 PM

Same here any time Jerry Rivers is on I switch channels. I will not watch that son of a b***h! Do you hear us Fox News??

build the wall on August 16, 2007 at 11:18 PM

Allahpundit is Da man!!

awake on August 16, 2007 at 11:20 PM

I believe you have to pay for inclusion. Coulter is on yahoo I believe.

Here’s coulter:

Michelle Malkin
Ted Rall
Richard Reeves
Robert Scheer
David Shribman
Cynthia Tucker

I’d say it has a good selection from left and right. I don’t read op-eds too often, though so I’m not familiar with everyone here.

Yahoo doesn’t write the headlines either. It is just an aggregate.

Homepage titles are designed to elicit clicks. They are inaccurate a lot of times; but the space given is limited and they are truncated. But still.

lorien1973 on August 16, 2007 at 11:24 PM

Who’s forcing them to publish HuffPo? That’s my point.

I believe huffpo pays for yahoo news inclusion. I’m not sure.

But its clearly placed in the opinion section; not the news section. If it were in the news section; that’d be one thing. But it’s not.

lorien1973 on August 16, 2007 at 11:26 PM

lorien1973 on August 16, 2007 at 11:24 PM

Point taken on Malkin and Coulter, though I can’t say as I’ve ever run across them there, and I have run across HuffPo. I think they feature it more.

At any rate, the home page titles are often just the headline of the article, which is to be expected. What’s odd is when they take a headline that would fit on the page perfectly, and deliberately edit it in a manner that is either mislead and sometimes a complete lie. Sometimes even when you arrive at the article they’ve used a headline not given by the AP, because you can find the article posted a number of other places with a single different headline.

And again, you have a point on this opinion stuff, thanks for digging that up. And indeed that HuffPo piece is listed as “opinion”. But, as I said, I have documented in the past and Bryan has a number of times here at HotAir, how they reveal their bias in stories they choose for their home page, and like I said earlier, my recent discovery about articles on candidates with a link to their web sites at the end.. but not for everyone. And some of those articles they choose to run, and highlight on the home page read like press releases.

RightWinged on August 16, 2007 at 11:59 PM

lorien1973 on August 16, 2007 at 7:19 PM

They may include those mainstream columnists from syndication deals, or whatever, but their news content is a cess pool of leftist filth.

Jaibones on August 17, 2007 at 1:19 AM

Speakup, I was ready to write my opinion about Geraldo’s take on illegal aliens…but you said it!

Right on!

TexasAC on August 17, 2007 at 1:33 AM

Nonfactor is noticeably absent from this thread.

RightWinged on August 17, 2007 at 4:30 AM

Flammable, Inflammable

Putting Fairness aside
Putting Unfairness aside

Putting Accuracy aside
Putting Inaccuracy aside

Someone is getting mighty touchy.

JiangxiDad on August 17, 2007 at 7:10 AM

That’s my point. Every thing is syndicated content. Yahoo doesn’t decide what is put there; the syndicators do. Yahoo just aggregates it. That’s why blaming yahoo news for this doesn’t make sense.

lorien1973 on August 17, 2007 at 11:00 AM

RightWinged on August 16, 2007 at 7:41 PM

I read Ann’s column on yahoo, not sure about the others.

RobertCSampson on August 17, 2007 at 11:54 AM

Geraldo Rivera, the commentator who looks like a 1970′s porn star named Harry Reems, who back in 2002 claimed to be a “Palestinianist” – expiration date should have passed a long time ago.

Hilts on August 17, 2007 at 12:01 PM

lorien1973 if you look at the yahoo and google news sites you’ll see they lean drastically to the left…so i do blame yahoo…they don’t need to offer these left wing stories.
Does anyone know of a service provider that is possibly moderate or even right of center, rather than yahoo and google, they both are left companies. Your help is appraciated.

oldernslower on August 17, 2007 at 12:56 PM

that’s because the media, on the whole, is left wing. google news is an aggregate too. as is yahoo. it’s not their fault. they are just reflecting the media out there.

I do not disagree that yahoo/google have left biases; that’s fine. I’m simply arguing that yahoo news is not to blame here. This is a huffpo piece, in the opinion section of yahoo news. blaming yahoo for this is much like blaming malkin for hateful/racist comments on this site. is it fair? no. and neither is blaming yahoo.

lorien1973 on August 17, 2007 at 1:27 PM