Video: Mary Katharine Ham on Ames and teh ghey

posted at 12:41 am on August 12, 2007 by Allahpundit

It’s never too late for a little Ham. Um … is Tony Harris drunk? He seems in “high spirits.”

Comments

Moira seemed tolerable.

see-dubya on August 12, 2007 at 12:48 AM

Hillary has a lot of baggage?!

Really?

Who would’ve thunk?

Shillary Hillary will never make it through security with that much luggage.

A liberal blogger being more honest than Shillary?

Hell just froze over.

Mcguyver on August 12, 2007 at 12:53 AM

I really don’t know about “tolerable.” Could you imagine going on a date with that shrew??? MK was class of course not taking the lame leftist bait: “Doesn’t even believe in evolution”… “I doubt that Republicans would ever have this kind of forum..”

Rock on MK…great things lie ahead for you.

Dirthead on August 12, 2007 at 12:53 AM

Um … is Tony Harris drunk here? He seems in “high spirits.”

It’s being in the company of MKH that does it. I’d probably be in “high spirits” too if I got to ask her some questions. Of course the question is, what would I ask her?

Yakko77 on August 12, 2007 at 12:59 AM

Yakko, I’d ask her why most of Townhall isn’t readable for me in IE6. I haven’t been able to read a column or follow a direct link over there since they redesigned it. The Townhall homepage suddenly inserts itself into the text, usually right below the top banner ad, occasionally a dozen or two lines down the page, cutting off the content.

Anyone else have that problem?

see-dubya on August 12, 2007 at 1:07 AM

Why not use IE7 then see-dubya? I don’t have problems with the format, but it’s a slow page for me generally.

A little MKH on politics, nice nightcap.

Spirit of 1776 on August 12, 2007 at 1:14 AM

Dirthead on August 12, 2007

MKH did handle that well as the other guest did try to strike a few low blows. I can’t think of a tiem when MKH has lost her cool when dealing with that crap. She’s always respectful and professional……except to the cats in some of her Hamnation videos! LOL!!!

Yakko77 on August 12, 2007 at 1:14 AM

Anyone else have that problem?

see-dubya on August 12, 2007 at 1:07 AM

It doesnt work for me with Safari. Firefox 2.0, it works…

Alex K on August 12, 2007 at 1:32 AM

see-dubya on August 12, 2007 at 1:07 AM

cough***Firefox***cough

F15Mech on August 12, 2007 at 1:40 AM

cough***Firefox***cough

Me too, no problems at all save for msnbc video (naturally) then ie add on does the trick

Spirit of 1776 on August 12, 2007 at 1:42 AM

see-dubya on August 12, 2007 at 1:07 AM

While I use Firefox 2.0, I have noticed that, from time to time, clicking on an article gives the response, “The page cannot be found.” (Or something like that.)
I think it’s just a server/update thing, ’cause when I click on it 15 min. later, it works.

BTW, You can download Mozilla Firefox for free from their web site. (You should, it handles cookies better than IE, IMO.)

Oh, and MKH–WOW, as usual. (And I think you guys are being a little hard on the lefty chick–she wasn’t bad, just a confused lib. She’ll grow out of it.)

RedCrow on August 12, 2007 at 1:50 AM

MKH was probably too distracted by that woman’s cockeyed lower jaw. I know I was.

unamused on August 12, 2007 at 2:07 AM

Um … is Tony Harris drunk?

Well, he wasn’t slurring. Probably just in a jolly mood.

Re Huckabee – I think the lady misrepresented him. I seem to recall his answer in the first debate allowing for evolution as a mechanism by which God created the world.

mikeyboss on August 12, 2007 at 4:02 AM

I can read Townhall with Safari, but the links to “page 2″ never work anymore. If I want to read the second page of any article, I have to go to printer-friendly version. Didn’t use to be that way. I don’t want Firefox just to read T’Hall.

Qzsusy on August 12, 2007 at 7:06 AM

In Mozilla 1.7.12, all the google adds popup all over the place with a particular nauseating jiggle that drives me crazy… The only reason to visit there is to see if MKH has posted another video :)

JimK on August 12, 2007 at 7:19 AM

I think Tony Harris was just winging it – having come in to sub on a Saturday night, covering really marginal material, when he could have been doing something more fun, like watching the quarter finals of the Guinness Lite Texas Hold ‘Em Amateur Challenge from the Poughkeepsie BingoDome.

eeyore on August 12, 2007 at 8:14 AM

Tony Harris is always like that. Sometimes it is a little annoying, but at least he makes some thing fun. I think the “fun quotient” for this was a little higher than, let’s just say, some other segments that MKH participates in.

I thought that this was a very good, and very informative segment.

nailinmyeye on August 12, 2007 at 8:27 AM

Spirit of 1776 on August 12, 2007 at 1:42 AM

Same here, but gives a crap right? I haven’t seen anything from MSNBC that leads me to believe they are anything special.

MKH was awesome as usual. AND, there were no sexual overtones this time.

csdeven on August 12, 2007 at 8:39 AM

Nothing like a little Ham in the morning.

Well watch out, everyone, there’s a candidate out there that (gasp!) doesn’t believe in evolution.

Bigfoot on August 12, 2007 at 10:07 AM

I for one do not like the Townhall re-design. I get annoyed at having to click a second time to read the 2nd page of an article or to read the full article with comments. A minor thing, but annoying nonetheless.

Dork B. on August 12, 2007 at 10:09 AM

John Edwards is a big slang word for “feline”.

SouthernGent on August 12, 2007 at 10:27 AM

CNN’s Harris seems to think nobody should care about the Iowa primary, but the Dem’s gay debate is vitally important. Rrrrright.

petefrt on August 12, 2007 at 10:28 AM

csdeven on August 12, 2007 at 8:39 AM

Heh. True. I did watch their debate live via internet.

Spirit of 1776 on August 12, 2007 at 10:33 AM

MKH is no longer in college. Consequently, she needs to adopt a more professional look.

Blake on August 12, 2007 at 10:43 AM

Does anyone else believe that this is really really bad Idea?

Egfrow on August 12, 2007 at 10:55 AM

Blake on August 12, 2007 at 10:43 AM

Why?

Wade on August 12, 2007 at 11:06 AM

Interesting discussion. If you took the CNN off of the bottom of the screen it would be hard to believe it was a CNN program.

Maybe some at CNN are beginning to see the ‘light’ or Mr. Turner is finally over Jane

MSGTAS on August 12, 2007 at 11:29 AM

Who is this Morra? Dumb as a box of rocks. Never heard of that blog at all. MKH is polite, no digs, gave insightful commentary, and Morra? How DARE someone not “believe” in evolution, as if evolution were somehow a faith and not scientific theory? HELLO? Regardless of a given position on evolution, that sneering, smarmy, Laura-Schwatz-Jane-Fleming attitude just crawls down my spine. Any credibility that broad might have had flew out the window in about 5 seconds with that crack.

What a snot.

CrimsonFisted on August 12, 2007 at 11:39 AM

…there were no sexual overtones this time.

csdeven on August 12, 2007 at 8:39 AM

I take it then that you chose NOT to hear MKH when she said:
“I feel you…your pain.”

I think I heard it. Freudian slip maybe?

CyberCipher on August 12, 2007 at 11:44 AM

I’ve already self-identified as the biggest loser in previous comments, but can someone explain “teh ghey” to me?

MT on August 12, 2007 at 1:18 PM

Um … is Tony Harris drunk? He seems in “high spirits.”

Maybe Tony had an early morning dentist appointment- Nitrous Oxide?

abinitioadinfinitum on August 12, 2007 at 1:35 PM

I rather enjoyed the segment, and thought that Harris was giddy from being in the company of two telegenic women while being paid to do so.

MKH continues to shine, as always.

itzWicks on August 12, 2007 at 1:39 PM

Thanks for posting, Allah. FYI, guys, Morra is a friend of mine and a very classy liberal gal whose company I enjoy. Take it easy.

I thought Tony was a ton of fun.

And, is someone knockin’ my threads?

marykatharine on August 12, 2007 at 2:00 PM

And, is someone knockin’ my threads?

marykatharine on August 12, 2007 at 2:00 PM

Well, maybe your boots :)

mikeyboss on August 12, 2007 at 2:08 PM

Townhall definitely has problems. My “favorite” is clicking on the “full article” link of any story brings you to a listing of all the columnists.

corona on August 12, 2007 at 2:46 PM

It does seem unnatural that MKH never seems to lose her cool no matter how low the blows get. Myself, I can’t go five seconds without bitch slapping a liberal who annoys me.

Lincoln on August 12, 2007 at 2:58 PM

marykatharine on August 12, 2007 at 2:00 PM

I am so over the smarm, snark, and sneer from the left, especially where it doesn’t belong. She would go much further without it, and distance herself from the Laura/Jane style, and pattern herself after the Kirsten Powers/Mary Katharine Ham style, on the Good Side of the Force.

CrimsonFisted on August 12, 2007 at 3:05 PM

As a web designer/developer -I have to weigh in on the browser issue:

If you are using Windows – Please download and use Firefox. You can get it here for free: http://www.getfirefox.com.

Internet Explorer continues to be the bane of my job. You will find a much higher percentage of websites rendering correctly if you use Firefox.
-wtc?

And by the way – “doesn’t even believe in evolution…” Nice. Translation – “He has the gall to disagree with me…how dare him!”
I’m sorry Morra – but according to your own viewpoint, you have absolutely no rational basis on which to tell anyone else why they should agree with your point of view. If we evolved – you have no basis to use words like should or ought. ‘Should’ and ‘Ought’ imply that we already agree upon some non-subjective standard. Naturalism/Materialism (I highly doubt she is a theistic evolutionist) cannot explain the existence of morals, rational thinking, mathematical proofs, etc.

Maybe I am digging too deap here – but try considering:
Rationality & Morality: No grounds in Materialism, Naturalism
and
A response to an Agnostic Atheism Wager

whatthecrap on August 12, 2007 at 3:32 PM

Good to see that MKH (instead of phony conservatives such as Karen Hughes and Peggy Noonan) is getting a lot of air time on CNN, Fox and I believe on NBC.

Hilts on August 12, 2007 at 5:05 PM

No offense to Mary Katharine, she’s very attractive (and funny). But someone needs to fire her makeup person. It looks a little too much like the “Joker” from Batman.

Opinionnation on August 12, 2007 at 5:28 PM

I wonder how much of Mitt’s victory was a Mormon head count for Iowa?

Way back, here in Nevada Pat Robertson did extremely well at the Republican convention but it was more smoke and mirrors than a real ground swell of true support. I wonder if Mitt just had every Ward and Stake get out there and vote or if cornhuskers deep down really want Mitt.

Mojave Mark on August 12, 2007 at 5:38 PM

Man, MK’s class knows no end…defending Morra here. Consider me shamed.

Dirthead on August 12, 2007 at 6:01 PM

MKH is always consistantly hot! Makes good TV and good rep of the right.

I have IE6 and there are some sites I go to where the page is for crap with the graphics over the text.

And that freeking TOWNHALL is the most annoying page that I have ever loaded. They have so much JAVA and crap running that I’m guarenteed slowy-sometimes freezing- page loads that I get at no other site UNLESS it has the same crap. If I leave it open to listen to Hugh at 9-12 EST I got problems with other pages I open outside of them and its a annoying pain in the arse.

auspatriotman on August 12, 2007 at 6:30 PM

And, is someone knockin’ my threads?

marykatharine on August 12, 2007 at 2:00 PM

Threads? They don’t really still call them that do they? That’s 70′s nomenclature.

lol

csdeven on August 12, 2007 at 9:22 PM

I wonder how much of Mitt’s victory was a Mormon head count for Iowa?
Mojave Mark on August 12, 2007 at 5:38 PM

I wondered that myself also. But I figure it’s probably about as many as support fred?. The difference is that when you vote for Mitt! you vote for a real person with a real history of executive experience and a conservative platform.

With fred? you’re voting for some character he played on TV.

csdeven on August 12, 2007 at 9:27 PM

Opinionnation on August 12, 2007 at 5:28 PM

She is so cute. She does not need any makeup.

ColtsFan on August 12, 2007 at 10:03 PM

Great, I just finished writing my book “101 Things NOT to Say to a Woman” and now I find out there are actually 102 things. Better call us the publisher…

tlynch001 on August 12, 2007 at 10:50 PM

Threads? They don’t really still call them that do they?

csdeven

Cool people do…

tlynch001 on August 12, 2007 at 10:58 PM

Um … is Tony Harris drunk? He seems in “high spirits.”

I think he’s HAM-mered

PowWow on August 13, 2007 at 12:01 AM

Karen Hughes and Peggy Noonan

Yes, Karen is a phony conservative who is more of a Bush flack than a rightward thinker.

But I think Peggy is actually a conservative (though not as far-rightist as I am) just, maybe, a bit softer. My only problem with her is her reverent, almost worshipful appreciation of John Paul II. She (and actually, many others) rank him with Reagan and Thatcher in ending the cold ward. Kruschev, Gorbachev, Chevchev, et al couldn’t care less what the “pontiff” had to say. He’s an empty suit hat as far as anyone with nukes is concerned. The papacy is not much more than a seat of socio-political/pseudo-philosophical musings–and hasn’t been much more since they abandoned faith and entered politics. Thus my criticism of an otherwise smart and reliable Peggy.

urbancenturion on August 13, 2007 at 2:50 AM

Mary Katherine should have brought out her peeps to explain things. Tony would’ve fallen out of his chair laughing.

Lothar on September 3, 2007 at 9:28 PM