Video: “In all fairness, your site has posted awful things”

posted at 11:33 am on August 12, 2007 by Allahpundit

I’m working on a longer edit to showcase the various fawning tributes paid by Ford to his new best bud but here’s his one moment of balls — which, regrettably, once again focuses on dKos commenters and diarists instead of the writings of the man himself.

I’m not sure what he meant by “Jewish-Americans” but I’m guessing this.

Update: Note Kos’s defense, too. “Democracy” occasionally means having to talk to shrieking anti-semitic “progressives.” It doesn’t mean occasionally talking to Fox News.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The point is that it doesn’t matter and even if he is what goddamn business is it of yours anyways? The only time you Christianists get your nose out of your bibles is to stick it in people’s bedrooms.

The Sinner on August 12, 2007 at 9:29 PM

I get it.

It’s wrong to suggest someone might be gay, but perfectly okay to suggest someone must be a Christian and then call him and that religion every negative derogatory name in the book.

Sounds about right to me. No hypocrisy there.

So, as I asked before …

Where is Allah and his warning? Does “The Sinner” get a free pass to bombard the overwhelming majority of the population with clueless insults?

And Sinner … I guess your amazingly mentally disturbed rants don’t make YOU a bigot? Naw … because Christians are fair game, right? And YOU are special and hold an absolutely moral authority card, correct?

To be sure, I did not say you were gay bashing. I think you have engaged in bigotry, plain and simple.

The Race Card on August 12, 2007 at 7:56 PM

Seriously? Here’s what I said …

How do you know this? If I was a betting man, I’d bet you were wrong.

Gregor on August 12, 2007 at 1:24 PM

So asking someone how they know another person is not gay, and then stating that I would bet he’s wrong … is bigotry?

Imagine that. How could you even know, from my statement, that I myself am not gay? Huh? And if I AM gay, how is it bigotry for me to say someone might be gay? If a Chinese person asks another Asian if they are Chinese … is that bigotry?

Alas, but I’m not gay. But then again, I guess using your guideline, anyone who might have thought I might be gay from that last comment must be a bigot simply for thinking it, even if just for a second.

This country is doomed.

Gregor on August 12, 2007 at 9:54 PM

Please don’t make me have to ban anyone over something so stupid.

Allahpundit on August 12, 2007 at 9:47 PM

But FREE GAME on the CHRISTIANS!

Gregor on August 12, 2007 at 9:56 PM

take your preaching there because Allah and myself and others are taking this party back from the religious extremists and bringing it to the center, so we don’t have another election like 2006.

The Sinner on August 12, 2007 at 9:29 PM

Gee, Sinner, “AllahPundit and [your]self and others” are gonna have an uphill battle using this kind of rhetoric to move the party to a point of view more to your liking.

RushBaby on August 12, 2007 at 9:56 PM

The difference is, you’re here to defend yourself. Kos isn’t. Do you really think I’d be scolding you if you called Sinner an atheist moron?

Knock off the gay-bashing, the Christian-bashing, the X-Y-Z-bashing, okay? Everyone clear?

Allahpundit on August 12, 2007 at 10:05 PM

OK, I admit it. I’m a Christian and proud of it. I made one post about my personal values and nothing more.

But as an aside, and since you said it’s OK, I DO think that Sinner is an atheist moron. And a troll.

Provoked Christians get a ban. Trolls that provoke them get a pass?

wccawa on August 12, 2007 at 10:17 PM

Provoked Christians get a ban. Trolls that provoke them get a pass?

Mind telling me when “provoked Christians” have been banned on this site ever? The ban has nothing to do with Christianity; it has to do with casting unfair aspersions on Kos.

Allahpundit on August 12, 2007 at 10:21 PM

Allahpundit on August 12, 2007 at 10:21 PM

yeah, especially when the title of the post is Video: “In all fairness, your site has posted awful things”.

Your post wasn’t awful, but some of the comments were mighty embarrassing. The irony and the shame of it are almost unbearable.

RushBaby on August 12, 2007 at 10:28 PM

By the way, since somebody else brought it up. Being married is no litmus test for being ghey. Hello! Arafat died of aids and he was married.

….to a woman he didn’t live with and likely had someone else’s kid. Which doesn’t seem to be the case here. And the reports of his taste for young men were numerous and longstanding. But his being a polesmoker had nothing to do with the overarching evil that he championed. He was evil because of the evil, and he shared it with a few million heteros.

/I can still smack the Jordyptians around, right?

Pablo on August 12, 2007 at 10:29 PM

In all seriousness, AP, the way I see it, a humorous aside was made. A few harmless yuks and a well-deserved shots were thrown.

A troll picked it up, shoved it up his amplifier, people reacted, and here we are. Regardless of your values, many of us hold ours dear. But the truth is, the troll hijacked the thread. And will do so again.

As another bearded man once said, that’s just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Have a great night.

wccawa on August 12, 2007 at 10:35 PM

The Sinner on August 12, 2007 at 9:29 PM

Ummmm…I’m not religious.

And “Christianists” isn’t a word. It’s Christians.

Zach on August 12, 2007 at 10:45 PM

Yeah, I don’t know how he does it – I’m no techie – but Allahpundit somehow captures screenshots like nobody else.

I thought that one of the little blond girl (JennaMarieAngelBambiSomething?) was good. But this one is even better.

Not to be superficial – but how do liberals even look at this guy and take him seriously? This is the guy Woody Allen beat up on the playground.

Professor Blather on August 12, 2007 at 11:42 PM

One Hundred and Seven
J. Goebbels

yo on August 12, 2007 at 1:03 PM

That is an insult to Goebbels. He may have been evil incarnate, but he at least has some skills.

Kos is little more than a feeble joke. And only mildly less evil. I suspect the “screw them” comment would have even offended Goebbels.

Professor Blather on August 12, 2007 at 11:45 PM

I agree 100% with The Race Card. The gay bashing has got to go. …
Do not criticize the hatred they spew with hatred of your own. Denounce them, but do it with IDEAS.

Rational Thought on August 12, 2007 at 2:40 PM

Amen.

And I don’t know why you’d bother going there anyway. Why bash him for that … when there is SO much else to bash him with?

Besides … gay-baiting is the province of the left these days. Let’s let them have it. You don’t have to agree with homosexuality to treat homosexuals with respect – or to just avoid that discussion.

Gay or straight, Kos is an empty shell.

Professor Blather on August 12, 2007 at 11:48 PM

Please don’t make me have to ban anyone over something so stupid.

Allahpundit on August 12, 2007 at 9:47 PM

Out of curiosity – why isn’t “The Sinner” banned?

Have you read his contributions to this thread?

Do they strike you as being intellectually honest?

I know I’m not the first to ask – but is it because he adopts an atheist position?

This thread is troubling. There is very clearly one person who should be banned. Who has very clearly made repeatedly bigoted comments. Who intentionally levels personal attacks and steers the conversation off-topic.

Deeply troubling.

Professor Blather on August 12, 2007 at 11:53 PM

No kidding, prof. If this comment doesn’t qualify as a threat…?

EnochCain on August 12, 2007 at 9:33 PM

Oh, if only I could thump your bible over your head…..

The Sinner on August 12, 2007 at 9:35 PM

RushBaby on August 13, 2007 at 12:16 AM

*smirk* I learned a long time ago, not to feed the trolls!

rightside on August 13, 2007 at 12:26 AM

Sinner …

Was THIS your work?

Gregor on August 13, 2007 at 1:17 AM

I see the troll hijacked yet another thread hehe. Ahh well, one day he’ll trip up worse.

Anyhow, I really don’t see how people can read kos that are normal in the head. First, the colors remind me of a room they would want someone to go whacko in and Secondly, the tripe allowed to be posted there is crazy. Some of it is really over the line.

I can add a thirdly, the kos owner is an blubbering idiot. I feel sorry for his two kids that he is raising. I hope they don’t turn out to be nutty like him.

Highrise on August 13, 2007 at 4:37 AM

Guardian on August 12, 2007 at 9:43 PM

I am SO glad you posted that. I was actually looking for your response to my factually incorrect statement about the snowman. But I missed your posting.

I was ABSOLUTELY INCORRECT in that statement and I appreciate the specificity with which you have proved that.

After making that statement, it occured to me that I had made a mistake. I had been mulling over the lameness of the cnn/youtube debate and I had mixed up my facts. L

Unfortunately, I am only human, and therefore must recognize my fallability. I tip my hat to your archiving prowess. I was wrong in that instance and you pointed that out. If it is any ego stroke, you won. Personally, I would be more pleased if someone who read what I wrote before and did not see your comment, now has their facts straight. You’ve done a service.

I do not take some umbrage with your calling me a troll. Is there something about disagreeing that warrants incivility? Please explain. If there is some reason, I should think less of you as a person, please let me know. I’ll consider it.

Again, I thank you for being spot on and direct with your disagreement. It’s important for me to know when my foot is in my mouth.

There is no opinion more valuable than the truth.

***

This is pc bullshit.

Kos isn’t gay. Okay, we all get that.

But if I met Kos out in the world, I would think he was gay. Not that that is good or bad, that would just be my impression of the man.

Zach on August 12, 2007 at 8:49 PM

I enjoy humor, music and discourse from the fringes. That means, much of what I consume for pleasure would absolutely offend many groups or individuals. I only say that to point out my own foibles.

I recognize that just because someone might be offended by what I am listening, watching or saying does not make me bad for enjoying it. The flip side to that is that my preferences shape how I view these offensive acts, songs and movies I like.

Many Republicans have the same problem. After being lambasted for decades as insensitive bigots, many of us have latched on to the backlash against what we perceive to be political correctness. I think for the most part, that is good. Political correctness is an enemy of the 1st amendment.

The only problem with this anti-pc wave is that it gives cover to people who are truly racist or bigots. I don’t assume someone who uses charged language to be a bigot. However, I don’t expect people who are in full backlash mode to recognize every time they are being genuinely offensive.

To refer to people in physically descriptive terms is not wrong. But if you cannot come up with anything else to say about someone, then you might want to recalibrate your social meter. If you think that’s PC, oh well.

Being able to point out socially lethargic behavior does not make me politically correct. It just makes me less likely to offend people undeservingly.

***

This country is doomed.

Gregor on August 12, 2007 at 9:54 PM

This tactic of parsing words and feigning confusion is quite ingenious. (I like it more when it’s by liberals who talk about supporting the troops but not the mission.)

It’s not bigoted to ask a question. If you think so, you are a fool. Asking a question is the BEST way to approach a member of a group about which you have little information. Most of us are glad to set someone straight when they ask about our religion, or some aspect of our lives we find important.

You did not ask anything. You stated your odds of winning a wager. The problem is obvious. You gave weight to a detail which has no bearing on the facts at hand. Believe it or not, everybody else can hear where that question is coming from…except you. Apparently, it makes perfect sense to interject subject matter irrelevant to a discussion into the discussion…just because you can.

Also the grandiose proportions of your refutations are laughable: The world is doomed.

Gee. that’s not too melodramatic is it?

You only know what I have stated here in response to postings and other comments. You don’t even know if I believe what I’m saying. Yet you can plainly state that the world is doomed, and you have somehow gleaned this truth from our little comment joust.

Dear sir. Do not be so niggardly with your knowledge. I would pay good money for your daily insight.

The Race Card on August 13, 2007 at 5:38 AM

UGH! I just lost a comment post.

Since I am just too lazy after a long day to rewrite, I will summarize my now lost profundities.

Political correctness sucks! But so does being so caught up in such a backlash against it that you fail to see when something is truly offensive.

This country is doomed.

Gregor on August 12, 2007 at 9:54 PM

Your comment response is one of those word-parsing gems I find better left to liberals. But since you insist.

You did not ask a question. You answered one – an irrelevant one. The question does not make you a bigot, nor does answering it. What is apparent is just how much weight you give both question and answer. You placed a premium value on a worthless asset, thereby assigning your own value to that info.

No biggie. Now we all know just how important it is for you to determine other men’s sexuality.

Also, the grandiose apocolypitc projections might be a sign that it’s time to recalibrate some meters. Do you really think that what I said here in our little comment joust is a prelude to world doom? Do you even know if I believe what I’m saying? How can you achieve such great understanding from so few words? Wow.

Quite the persistent little troll aren’t you? Hey! At least you are consistent in being wrong. As usual.

Guardian on August 12, 2007 at 9:43 PM

GUARDIAN pwned The Race Card!

I am so glad you reposted that comment block from my foot in mouth remark about the snowman. You were absolutely right and I was wrong.

I had discussed the debates so much with friends and family, that I had become clusterf*cked and just got my facts wrong. I was thinking about something else. What I wrote was flat out wrong. And I realized it when I was thinking about my response instead of just rattling it off.

I went back to the comments later after writing that, but did not see the follow up. I was looking for it…because I know you are all such information hawks. I see your comment came the next day, which is probably why I missed it.

What I should have done was reposted right then and there. But when I didn’t see a remark from you, I figured the thread was done.

Either way, thank you sir for pointing out an error I made. I take no shame in being a human being subject to mistakes. I do not have an emotional attachment to information. I have an obsessive need for it. The more info, the better.

There is no opinion more important than the truth. Therefore I am pleased to learn when I have been wrong.

I do, however, take umbrage with your name calling. I just don’t see how disagreeing with someone makes them deserving of insults. But, hey you’re better than me I guess. Enjoy that.

Per your statement, I am often incorrect. I look forward to you pointing out how correct you are each time I am wrong.

The Race Card on August 13, 2007 at 6:15 AM

Kos mad Harold his biatch for the entire appearance! They make a nice couple!

sabbott on August 13, 2007 at 7:31 AM

Oh…….My………God!!!!! This is the very first time I have ever seen Kos in the flesh. I was seriously expecting some wild-eyed, wild-haired, slobbering at the mouth raving loon and instead, I see this clown who looks like he’s directly related to Pee-Wee Herman! After listening to him blather and spin for five minutes, I now understand why news outlets like Fox News would never so much as give him one minute of air time, and it has nothing to do with his wackatoon views. The guy literally has absolutely nothing concrete or intelligent to say about anything. He reminds me of the kid in high school who seems to believe that by continually running his mouth off, people will take notice of him, when instead they just ignore him. I am more stunned than anything that NBC news would so much as give him even a smidgen of air time. But then again, considering that their ratings are practically in the toilet these days, they are obviously desperate for anyone to tune into their network, even if it means giving a cartoonish nutbag like Kos a platform to rant and rave on.

pilamaye on August 13, 2007 at 9:02 AM

I am an avid reader. Have been since I was a preteen. One of the most important features of writing is the development of the characters in any story. For short simple books the characterization often is not a necessary ingredient to understand the story. However, in any narrative it is important to “know” the characters and part of that knowing is the description provided by the author. It completely depends on the story line which characters get described thoroughly and which don’t. We live in a PC correct world today and many of the necessary characterizations for writing a good story are missing in everyday interactions between people and people and the MSM. I personally don’t care that Kos is or is not a homosexual, that Ford is a “white” African American or that Hillary is attempting to provide her bona fides by butching herself up. However, each of these descriptions gives me, the reader, an insight into who, what, when and where of the person. It allows me to understand the thread of the story or the motivation of the writer in scripting his story line in just the way its been done. What is different today in the political correct world is that we ascribe more to a label than would be possible unless we personally knew, versus just watching or reading. But, even personally knowing isn’t enough. It is important to understand that thinking we know is different from actually knowing, a mistake that Kos and his ilk make every single minute of every day. They don’t care what is said, how it is said and of whom it is said. It is enough that their angry hatred spews and slimes everything it touches, including themselves. Our side is not, in my opinion, like that here at Hotair. But, here we are still trying to discuss using the old words with the meaning attributed by today’s culture. We just need to be more creative in coming up with words that say lots without reverting to Kos-type behavior. Just my opinion!

sharinlite on August 13, 2007 at 1:31 PM