Hot Air Video: The speech that CAIR didn’t want you to hear

posted at 8:30 am on August 4, 2007 by Bryan

This is it: Robert Spencer’s speech to the Young America’s Foundation conference in Washington on August 2, 2007. This is the speech that the Council on American-Islamic Relations tried to threaten YAF into stopping.

The video begins a few seconds into YAF spokesman Jason Mattera’s introduction. Enjoy!

More: Michelle live-blogged the speech, and posted links to several of the cases that Robert mentions. This interview occurred immediately after Robert’s speech.

Update: Some readers are having trouble viewing this video. If you are, there are a couple of things you can try. First, try watching it directly on blip (where it’s being hosted and served), here. If that doesn’t work, you might have a Flash problem. Try downloading and installing an updated Flash player. Adobe updates Flash frequently and without notice, so if it’s been a month or so since you’ve updated, this mix fix your problem. If neither of those work, email blip at support@blip.tv and describe the problem that you’re experiencing.

Comments

Why doesn’t Bill O and Hannity put RS on the air? Is he too edgy? If they think that, they never learned a thing about the American public from watching the support Reagan got for speaking the truth in bold, rational terms.

I found it interesting that CAIR was founded one year after Clinton pulled us out of Somalia because of the Black Hawk down incident. He telegraphed his policy towards Islamo-fascism which created the perfect conditions for that group to grow and prosper.

csdeven on August 4, 2007 at 9:02 AM

Bravo! Bravo! Standing O

That was a very thoughtful speech, a lot of detail with references. Just flat out great. Thanks.

Zorro on August 4, 2007 at 9:08 AM

blah

zane on August 4, 2007 at 9:11 AM

Thank you Bryan! That was a great video. It’s about 25 minutes for anyone interested. Mr. Spencer destroys CAIR; he outlines the terrorist affiliations of many of their members.

I enjoyed Mr. Spencer’s sense of humour in the first several minutes. It was a side I haven’t seen on video before. It’s long, but really worth viewing.

Thanks Robert and HotAir.

Canadian Infidel on August 4, 2007 at 9:15 AM

Mr.Spencer does it again, I really hope that CAIR listened to the speech and that they will accept his invitation for a dialouge.

Will CAIR accept? As Mr.Spencer likes to say

“I wouldn’t hold my breath”

Again, Thank You Mr. Spencer for your bravery and boldness for standing up to CAIR and the other Jihadists who are trying to destroy this great nation and Isreal.

TheFamousOne on August 4, 2007 at 9:17 AM

What’s the deal here? All I got when trying to play this was a 175 meg. download of a .flv file, which neither my latest versions of IE nor Mozilla recognize. :-(

DavePa on August 4, 2007 at 9:19 AM

CAIR’s reaction to this full frontal assault will be highly instructive.

zane, excellent input there. You really put some thought into that, didn’t you?

Pablo on August 4, 2007 at 9:24 AM

CAIR’s reaction to this full frontal assault will be highly instructive.

zane, excellent input there. You really put some thought into that, didn’t you?

Pablo on August 4, 2007 at 9:24 AM

lots of colour in that room, what a diverse organisation it seems to be.

zane on August 4, 2007 at 9:26 AM

lots of colour in that room, what a diverse organisation it seems to be.

zane on August 4, 2007 at 9:26 AM

If ANYBODY is allowed to join, then it’s certainly a “diverse” group. That’s just a stupid comment.

HarryStar on August 4, 2007 at 9:36 AM

I like the red, white and blue motif. You got a point, zane?

Pablo on August 4, 2007 at 9:37 AM

zane on August 4, 2007 at 9:26 AM
lots of colour in that room, what a diverse organisation it seems to be.

That’s funny. Not haha funny, but funny.

captivated_dem on August 4, 2007 at 9:39 AM

csdeven on August 4, 2007 at 9:02 AM

Because the Saudi prince owns up to 20% of Fox stock? Nah has nothing to do with it…

unseen on August 4, 2007 at 9:47 AM

lots of colour in that room, what a diverse organisation it seems to be.

lol … oh man. Do you listen to left talking points while you sleep? That comment has relevance to absolutley nothing.

darwin on August 4, 2007 at 9:51 AM

Uh Oh… UH OH!!

THEY MIGHT SUE!!!!!

thareb on August 4, 2007 at 9:58 AM

The best part is that CAIR managed to increase the audience for this speech exponentially.

JM Hanes on August 4, 2007 at 10:24 AM

Thank you Mr. Spencer for ferreting out the truth that others are afraid to face.

Free Speech, involves the art of communication, and is a two way street that involves three key elements for effective and true communications to take place.

First the sender, second the message, and third the receiver. If the receiver does not understand or agree with the message of the sender, effective communications and understanding has not occurred.

CAIR’s version of communications it is a one way street wherein discussion or disagreement is not to be tolerated.

In the U.S. we are also free to listen to any communication and free to ignore that message without fear of reprisal-now is the time to exercise the option of becoming the sender with a clear message that CAIR’s message is not worthy of consideration as communication.

MSGTAS on August 4, 2007 at 10:37 AM

Wow, GREAT speech! Nice job HotAir on a two camera shoot. Is this available on DVD? I would pay actual money for copies to spread around.

CAIR, it seems is just a facet of a master plan Jihadists have to take over the west. The long term strategy seems to be working. Check out this story for more.

Ordinary1 on August 4, 2007 at 10:39 AM

I’m having trouble playing the clip. It does a couple of minutes in, then stops and won’t respond to pressing the “play” icon. Suggestions?

Insomniac on August 4, 2007 at 10:57 AM

Thanks very much for posting this video. Robert is such a valuable asset.

Spirit of 1776 on August 4, 2007 at 10:57 AM

Insomniac on August 4, 2007 at 10:57 AM

It’s probably either a connection issue or a Flash issue. To fix a Flash issue, go here, download and install the updated Flash player.

Bryan on August 4, 2007 at 11:09 AM

unseen on August 4, 2007 at 9:47 AM
WOW He must like Paris Hilton .

sonnyspats1 on August 4, 2007 at 11:20 AM

unseen on August 4, 2007 at 9:47 AM
WOW He must like Paris Hilton .

sonnyspats1 on August 4, 2007 at 11:20 AM

csdeven on August 4, 2007 at 9:02 AM

I think the Blackhawk Down incident was just the icing on a very large cake dating back to AT LEAST the Marine Barracks bombing in Lebanon during Reagan’s era and possibly back to Carter’s playing footsie with the Iranians. I guess I could go international with and say the Muj defeat of the Soviets in Afghanistan as well. Each of these events added confidence and bravado to the barbarian psyche.

Pilgrim on August 4, 2007 at 11:20 AM

Kudos to Robert Spencer, the Young America Foundation, Hot
Air&crew, Michelle, and all those who do ‘CAIR’ about the future of this nation and world.

Semper Fi

normsrevenge on August 4, 2007 at 11:30 AM

sonnyspats1 on August 4, 2007 at 11:20 AM

Anything that takes the American mind off the world events is a plus. Do you think the Hilton’s and Lohans are really about ratings? I know many people that no longer watch the networks or cable news because of its drive for fluff. I would check the ratings for the last sevral years I bet you will see that year of year the ratings are down for Billo and Hannity. While at the same time those for Rush are up. why the switch in news programming from a conservative news station to a hollywood driven one?

unseen on August 4, 2007 at 11:31 AM

zane: Liberals see skin deep. Period. Myopic doesn’t begin to describe your short sightedness. If one actually thinks about your statement, the fact that anyone can join this group yet minorities choose not to is more of an indictment of the minorities, isn’t it? They choose not to take advantage of this forum. That of course is playing the liberal racist blame game, but since you started down that road I thought I’d take it to its logical conclusion. Oh but my argument falls on deaf ears and blind eyes so nevermind.

JEFF_IN_NC on August 4, 2007 at 11:31 AM

Let me add Bravo! We need someone to put these idiots in their place and Robert is the right man at the right place at the right time, to paraphrase an old general.

lonewolf on August 4, 2007 at 11:58 AM

Note to all: Zane may very well be the same Zane/Zain/Xian/Xane who was trolling LGF yesterday. If it is, he has a lovely collection of pictures on Flickr: XANE~ / Zain ul Abideen. Best to just ignore.

IrishEi on August 4, 2007 at 12:17 PM

It was an excelent speach, and I really don’t know why RS is not on any of the TV shows. This seems right up O’reily’s alley.

Wyrd on August 4, 2007 at 12:38 PM

Jeez, that’s one messed up video stream, in both FF and IE. Server must be overloaded.

infidel4life on August 4, 2007 at 12:43 PM

unseen on August 4, 2007 at 11:31 AM

There can be no denying the fact that when people buy into the debaunchery that we are bombarded with today it is a form of medication from the REAL horrors in existence today. So we condemn Christianity only to set ourselves up to be debased by the ‘morally superior’ Muslims. Furthermore, whether or not you are a moralisticly principled person the value of abstaining from ANY of the Pop Culture product should be obvious. The so called fight for First Ammendment rights that goes back to the likes of Lenny Bruce, Hugh Heffner and other pop icons of their day has devolved this nation to the extreme levels of barbaric hedonism prevelant today. This has been a weapon of communism starting after WWII. Hind sight is 20/20 and I now see the abundant availability of sex-drugs-rock and roll during the sixties as a catalist for the demise of some ideals and standards. The destruction of our moral compass has created such a fissure between the Right and Left and has escalated to such extremes that we are engaged in open warfare for the control of the media.(verbal,print ect.) Now we have the threat of a hostile take over from international thugs and terrorists remeniscent of packs of hyenas and jackels devouring the rotting flesh of this Nation.

sonnyspats1 on August 4, 2007 at 1:28 PM

Pop history . This is a concert in San Francisco in 1967. The audience seems well reserved. The band seems tame enough.

sonnyspats1 on August 4, 2007 at 1:43 PM

Pop history II. Same band two years later 1969.Somewhere in California mabey San Francisco like the 1967 concert. What has happened to the reserved composure of the audience ? These are the times that gave rise to the gradual take over of universities starting with Berkley. Berkley saw the first appearence of radical disodents in actual control of the policy of a university. Many of their alumni and associates make up the liberal elite in power today. Grateful Dead? I think not!

sonnyspats1 on August 4, 2007 at 1:59 PM

thanks you Bryan Mr Spencer YAF Hotair and Michelle for getting the real story out to those of us that do care .
and not for submitting to the pressures of CAiR.

Mojack420 on August 4, 2007 at 2:05 PM

Does the vid get choppy for anyone else, starting and stopping?

Really annoying especially since I was really looking forward to watching it.

Liberty or Death on August 4, 2007 at 2:47 PM

I could not play it 2 hours ago. But it is working fine now. Maybe the site is over loaded. Their are suggest fixes above also.

allrsn on August 4, 2007 at 3:01 PM

RS is great; to the point, logical, factual, honest. All the things CAIR and their ilk are not.

Pop history II.

Not only the audience, but that “band” actually got worse. I thought their “singing” was bad in the ’67 clip. Sounds good by comparison to their ’69 one. Could not even finish half of that clip lest I get a “tin ear”. But the point about the difference in the audience is well taken, although there appeared to be some “budding hippies” in the first clip as well.

IrishEyes on August 4, 2007 at 3:19 PM

Thanks for the Blip.tv link. I’ve been having problem watching Vent for a couple weeks now, that works much better.

desertdweller on August 4, 2007 at 3:24 PM

If this is the “official” video of this speech, YAF should realize (for future purposes) that a direct audio feed for the speaker’s voice would make all the difference in clarity. Just about $50 for a splitter, cable, adapter, etc..

Otherwise, I’m appreciative that I got to hear such a great speech at all.

nottakingsides on August 4, 2007 at 4:14 PM

Very good speech. Spencer and Fitzgerald are national treasures.

Drum on August 4, 2007 at 4:20 PM

Does the vid get choppy for anyone else, starting and stopping?

Only when bringing up links while it’s playing. (Every time he’d mention a name, I’d google it, and that’s when the skipping occurred.)

Drum on August 4, 2007 at 4:21 PM

nottakingsides on August 4, 2007 at 4:14 PM

I had an audio feed, but either it or my main camera had issues, so I had to use the wild sound.

Bryan on August 4, 2007 at 4:45 PM

Fantastic job about the speech and what cair is doing. I must say that RS is the man who knows how to get a point across and back it up with facts. I don’t see cair doing anything but trying to intimidate to get the points across. Thanks so much Bryan and to Hot Air for the great coverage. This is why this site is so powerfull and appreciated.

bones47 on August 4, 2007 at 5:20 PM

you think CAIR is going to join us? HAH..; That was the best one all day….. Are they suddenly moderate again?

lonewolf on August 4, 2007 at 5:24 PM

csdeven and Wyrd,

I’d like to see Spencer on the Factor too, but I don’t think O’Reilly quite gets it. I suspect he’s one of those old-timers who thinks Jihadists are just crazy religious extremists. He doesn’t want to hear that many jihadists and jihad supporters are acting rationally and intelligently based upon their belief system (literalist Islam) and that it’s the belief system itself that is fundamentally evil.

forest on August 4, 2007 at 6:26 PM

CAIR is the ACLU on steroids. Both are out to destroy America the Republic but CAIR has even less respect for the USA.

I’m using FF and had no problem with the Vid at all but I did let it load completely (start it and then stop it) before watching it all the way through.

Speakup on August 4, 2007 at 8:12 PM

IrishEyes on August 4, 2007 at 3:19 PM

It suprising how pushing the envelope on the first ammendment has changed our country. And yeah the Pop II music was pretty bad. You seem to have gotten my point. Now weve come full in the first ammendment struggle. So its time to push back hard!

sonnyspats1 on August 4, 2007 at 10:55 PM

Mr. Spencer, your efforts are greatly appreciated. Keep up the great work.

jediwebdude on August 4, 2007 at 11:09 PM

Very poor quality video – even at the blip site, and even with Flash 9 – the refresh kept happening every few seconds. And it’s not my computer either – I generally have no trouble watching JihadWatch on Hotair.

infidelpride on August 5, 2007 at 1:54 AM

Video quality was very good for me. This was an unusually clear (read high bandwidth) video for HA. I am running TWC broadband, Core2Duo@2.44GHZ, 2GB of Ram, GeForce 6800 Video… Maybe the folks having trouble have just found the limits of their current systems.

JEFF_IN_NC on August 5, 2007 at 12:43 PM

Why doesn’t Bill O and Hannity put RS on the air?
Big Bill leans too far to the left, but ultimately it’s not up to the hosts, and even tho it’s far more fair and balanced that the other networks, FNC is part of the cowardly MSM.
Remember when Michelle tried to show the anti-Mohammed cartoons on air? I praise Michelle for doing a great job when she fills in for Big O but I don’t see Fox giving her a show.
I say we shout the truth from the rooftops, it’s time we got this ‘party’ started, for real.
God bless Robert Spencer, YAF and everyone who speaks truth to facists of any ‘faith’.

Christine on August 5, 2007 at 1:50 PM

IrishEyes sez:

The only difference I saw was the hippies were dancing in the clip from 1970 whereas they were sitting in the clip from the 67 Monterrey Pop Festival. Quicksilver was a terrible band to begin with, it is just the sound is very raw in the 1970 clip. I’m not sure I understand the point of the comparison. That a hedonistic lifestyle arose in California in the late 60s as evidenced by bad dancing and lousy musicianship? Yeah -

HeIsSailing on August 5, 2007 at 7:07 PM

JEFF_IN_NC on August 5, 2007 at 12:43 PM

Well, I’m running on a 4-year-old Dell laptop with 384MB of ram, ATT broadband, and it ran without a glitch. The problem others have experienced is likely with the Flash player or the traffic.

Nichevo on August 5, 2007 at 7:27 PM

I am having a very difficult time viewing this, and am giving up for tonight. Plenty of speed available here, but given the number of other complaints, I have to assume the problem is at Hot Air’s end.

doufree on August 5, 2007 at 9:58 PM

I have an Athlon (1GHz) and 1GB of RAM: what I meant by video quality wasn’t the resolution or the frames/sec; rather, on the blip site, the video would run a few seconds, then stall, then run, then stall… (had this problem on both IE7 and Netscape 9 (which is Firefox 2))

Since there was no other way around it, I saw 3 hour long videos on Youtube in a different window, and had it run on mute in the background. Finally, after 3 hours, the whole thing had run once, and then I saw the whole video uninterrupted. On hotair itself, the audio was extremely choppy.

Somebody @ blip needs to look into this. It can’t be the Flash version – I downloaded the latest ver 9, which I initially had anyway. Nor do I normally have trouble watching HA videos, but this particular one deserved an A (as in abysmal)

infidelpride on August 5, 2007 at 10:34 PM

Oh, and I have DSL, but I was doing all this between 10:00PM to 2:30AM, when traffic isn’t exactly that high.

infidelpride on August 5, 2007 at 10:36 PM

. . .Review amandments one. . . AND TWO! [loud laughter and applause]

The good old second amendment. Watch it CAIR. America will not be intimidated like Britain, and France.

smellthecoffee on August 5, 2007 at 11:52 PM

Some great points made by Spencer, as usual. Too bad about the sound quality, but it was adequate. (Helps to have a bass/treble adjustment to minimize the low frequency distortion.)

–Start of OT Comment–
IrishEyes & sonnyspats1:

Not only the audience, but that “band” actually got worse. I thought their “singing” was bad in the ‘67 clip. Sounds good by comparison to their ‘69 one. Could not even finish half of that clip lest I get a “tin ear”. But the point about the difference in the audience is well taken, although there appeared to be some “budding hippies” in the first clip as well.

Actually, Quicksilver was one of my favorite bands back in ’69, or thereabouts. As someone else mentioned, the sound quality of the second vid wasn’t very good, nor was “Mona” one of their better songs. Their guitar work became much more sophisticated, over time.

Favorite albun from that era was Steve Miller Band’s “Sailor.”

Regarding academia, it isn’t clear to me how a romantic youth movement would necessarily result in a takeover of American campuses by the left. Lipset’s Carnegie Study of the academy (distinguished from his book on the student movements) was conducted in the late 1970s, and although it was definitely a liberal institution by that time, it had always been pretty liberal. Quite ironic when you consider Veblen’s concerns at the turn of the century that the academy would become more conservative, and more profit oriented. Well, ironic except for that fact that administrations have become extremely profit oriented, nearly to the point of fraud in the way they collude to saddle students and family with mountains of debt.

The quirky illiberal leftism, however, really hit its stride as a result of the Marcusean re-formulation of Marxism, and the ideas on power promoted by Foucault (many of which Foucault later repudiated, although that has been virtually ignored by the academy).

I just don’t agree that the academy got corrupted simply because a bunch of hippies shook their booty. It was actually a lot more organized and calculated than that, unfortunately. But that romantic revolution of the ’60s certainly played a role in softening up the soil.
–End of OT Comment–

demosophist on August 6, 2007 at 8:23 PM

Rally Against Islamofascism: Remembering Bloody Tuesday

Six years have passed since the worst terrorist attack on America. It seems that most Americans do not remember what happened on September 11, 2001. We are back to business as usual. While our military is fighting the War on Terror, American consumers are financing terrorism by buying Middle Eastern oil. While a Crucifix submerged in urine is considered to be a free artistic expression and received a government grant, flushing a Koran down the toilet is prosecuted as a hate crime. While moderate Muslim groups like American Islamic Forum for Democracy and Muslims Against Sharia are virtually unheard of, terrorist fronts like CAIR and MPAC receive multi-million dollar payments from Saudi Arabia and enjoy full recognition by our government officials.

THIS IS YOUR COUNTRY TOO;