Video: “The View” welcomes its new moderator

posted at 8:22 am on August 2, 2007 by Allahpundit

I owe you this in the interest of closure. She comes bearing the obnoxious, unfunny comedienne seal of approval, although they really should have asked Margaret Cho too to get a second opinion.

In fairness, her Marlene Dietrich bit near the end made me chuckle.

They could have chosen the perfect person, but they didn’t and so now we’re where we are. Life goes on.

Comments

Out with the old, in with the old.

thejackal on August 2, 2007 at 8:31 AM

Good grief. Very wealthy, angry, old, Black American playing the stereotype to the hilt. They managed to find someone as distasteful as Rosie.

Back in the Nineties, she was front page news for having an abortion. Multi-millionaire that can’t find her way to give birth to her own child. Pathetic, self centered racist. Perfect fit for the position.

Hening on August 2, 2007 at 8:36 AM

Rosie will never be forgiven for pulling out a day before the truther debate. Rotundus interruptus!

Valiant on August 2, 2007 at 8:38 AM

What the h#ll was Ted Danson thinking?

Frozen Tex on August 2, 2007 at 8:42 AM

Now instead of hearing about the plight of fat lesbians, we’ll have to listen to an endless stream of how the “white man” is oppressing others.

Expect to hear “Katrina” and “New Orleans” a few billion times.

madmonkphotog on August 2, 2007 at 8:56 AM

No, not Lisa Lampanelli — Sarah Silverman.

HockeyTemper on August 2, 2007 at 9:06 AM

Wonder how long it will take for the sparks to start flying between her and Elizabeth?

Kowboy on August 2, 2007 at 9:19 AM

Meh.

I said “meh” and I stand by “meh”.

tickleddragon on August 2, 2007 at 9:52 AM

Hopefully she won’t be as Truthery as Rosie. But, didn’t Rosie actually meaningfully increase the View’s ratings with her silly antics? It was my understanding that the View’s ratings dropped like a stone a few days after Rosie left the show.

I remember when Whoopi debated Bill O’Reilly. She held herself really well in the debate. I mean, I disagree with the content of what she said, but she didn’t come across as a screaming lunatic. In a way, that makes her scarier than Rosie. Whoopi is just as much of a Truther as Rosie, but she hides it better. That makes her a more effective advocate for life and the Truther way.

Outlander on August 2, 2007 at 9:56 AM

Barbara Walters is going out like Rather. She is doing anything that she can to keep her face in the public eye with a total lack of professionalism. Sad to erase so much in such a short period what took so long to build. Very sad.

volsense on August 2, 2007 at 10:20 AM

Kathy Griffin would have been perfect for this.

err ahh not that I watch the friggin show.

Rich on August 2, 2007 at 10:26 AM

Now we know the prerequisites to be the Moderator on the View.

Fat, ugly, no wardrobe.

Dang, I should have become a cross-dresser and applied for the job. Probably wouldn’t have got it since I’ve never mastered my Marlene Dietrich imitation.

Helloyawl on August 2, 2007 at 10:35 AM

Whoopi isn’t a lesbian? I’m shocked, SHOCKED!

smellthecoffee on August 2, 2007 at 10:36 AM

Isn’t it a great idea to have someone who says you shouldn’t think about things, you should just go on your gut when deciding your position on things like the war. You know the O’Reilly interview I’m talkin’ about. He tells her, while actually criticizing others (not her) about drive-by lefties who don’t support themselves with facts, and how he supports his views with facts. Whoopi says (probably not an exact quote) “That’s how you do it, but that’s not how I do it.”, etc.

RightWinged on August 2, 2007 at 11:41 AM

Gross. I gues they wanted to keep a status quo eye appeal for the panel after the sledge hog Rosie. At least Whoopie can take off the feed bag every now and then.

Is that the best Barbara Walters can dredge up?

saiga on August 2, 2007 at 11:50 AM

Since Whoopi hasn’t given a thought to her wardrobe, allow me to make some suggestions. How about:
1) the nun’s habit from Sister Act,
2) the goofy Guinan outfit from Star Trek – TNG, complete with the swoopy hat,
3) a burka (preferably one that completely covers her face),
4) animal skins (maybe a genuine full length fur coat).

C’mon people. Help me out here a bit.

CyberCipher on August 2, 2007 at 11:51 AM

1) the nun’s habit from Sister Act,
2) the goofy Guinan outfit from Star Trek – TNG, complete with the swoopy hat,
3) a burka (preferably one that completely covers her face),
4) animal skins (maybe a genuine full length fur coat).

C’mon people. Help me out here a bit.

CyberCipher on August 2, 2007 at 11:51 AM

The full coverage Burka would be the most humane.

saiga on August 2, 2007 at 11:52 AM

What the h#ll was Ted Danson thinking?

“This will secure my liberal bonafides; now they’ll never be able to call me a racist!”

Kensington on August 2, 2007 at 12:08 PM

This will not cause me to watch it more than I did before, which was never !

DoctorDentons on August 2, 2007 at 12:24 PM

I guess Susan Sarandon and Babs weren’t available for this gig.

RMCS_USN on August 2, 2007 at 12:55 PM

Allah has a new tivo alert. I for once would love to know the demographics of the audience. Somehow, I see AP there, swooning, screaming with glee, clapping ferociously, waiting on every syllable from Woopi-dew-e. Ahhhhh, It’s like the good ol days when Rosie was still on. I can’t wait till the daily View Cliff note, Really!

Kini on August 2, 2007 at 12:59 PM

I feel(let’s channel Bubba Clinton here) Elizabeth’s pain.

kevcad on August 2, 2007 at 1:03 PM

Weak!! She didn’t even bring out the Carbon Offset Credit invoices for the audience. Damn!

DfDeportation on August 2, 2007 at 1:03 PM

“She brilliant, she’s funny, she’s a leftwing POS just like Rosie, so please join us in welcoming ANOTHER leftist, Bush-hating, a$$clown!”

That’s what BabaWawa should have said.

georgej on August 2, 2007 at 1:31 PM

What the h#ll was Ted Danson thinking?

He was thinking badly.

saiga on August 2, 2007 at 1:36 PM

Hey, Whoopie proved she can have a civil conversation with Bill O’Reilly and actually enjoy it. So compared to Ranting Rosie, Whoopie should prove to be a breath of fresh air.

pilamaye on August 2, 2007 at 1:44 PM

Notice how she hugs Barbara with both arms, then hugs has been Behar with both arms, and then she gets to Elizabeth and just barely touches her.
Also, is it just me, or does anyone else notice that when has been Behar talks to Elizabeth, she rarely looks at her. How childish.

SuperManGreenLantern on August 2, 2007 at 2:57 PM

Heh. Lampanelli? You have an evil sense of humor.

Slublog on August 2, 2007 at 3:10 PM

What the h#ll was Ted Danson thinking?

Frozen Tex on August 2, 2007 at 8:42 AM

Wowsers. Ted Danson THINKS?!

CyberCipher on August 2, 2007 at 3:20 PM

Well in all honestly, she could teach the left a thing or two about how to debate, discuss, and umm dialogue. Now she certainly is over the top during her acts, but as far as her being interviewer as well as interviewee she’s always been civil from what I’ve seen; as well as, apart from being wrong, rational.

- The Cat

MirCat on August 2, 2007 at 3:41 PM

Maybe Ted Danson should come on as a guest to plug the new “Damages” show he’s in wearing the blackface makeup he wore to Whoopi’s birthday party some years ago?

Yes, Ted what were you drinking thinking?

kiakjones on August 2, 2007 at 4:05 PM

Although I hate to admit it, it’s just very, very over for Barbara. If she cannot see what a blunder she made with fat
Rosie and now replaces her with that nothing woman she is truly on the path of Rather. She can go right to the Hall of fame for loosers like Rather, that genius Les Moonvies, and Katie.

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on August 2, 2007 at 9:05 PM