Video: Resolved — it’s ladies’ night out

posted at 8:05 pm on August 2, 2007 by Allahpundit

I really dig the composite long shot, but if I congratulate them on their CGI wizardry then Bryan’s going to come in here and shame me by telling me he could do the same thing drunk, with an old copy of After Effects running on a refurbished Commodore 64.

What can I tell you? The man’s video fu is strong.

Update: Some of our readers must dig the composite shot too because they’re buying this hook, line, and sinker.

It’s an Onion parody, guys. See the logo?

Update (Bryan): Actually, the wide shot on this is very impressive. It would make ILM proud.

Comments

A day without Tay is like a day without sunshine. :(

Blake on August 2, 2007 at 8:24 PM

Ok please can somebody explain to me wtf this has to do with anything?????
Can i get a house resolution too I’m thinking about taking a shower later .

Mojack420 on August 2, 2007 at 8:30 PM

It’s from the Onion. It’s a parody. Lighten up.

Allahpundit on August 2, 2007 at 8:33 PM

What kind of flaming nonsense is this? I don’t understand it. Is she complaining that women are not allowed to socialize in a DC restaurant/bar?

First of all, how is that possible? Secondly, who cares whether or not they flirt with men? Thirdly, doesn’t she have more serious resolutions and legislation to deal with?

The False Dervish on August 2, 2007 at 8:36 PM

I would like to motion the members to recognize MY need for a beer, a couple of chicken wings, and some Blazin’ sauce…
or would that be too reckless and wild of me?

nationspatriotcom on August 2, 2007 at 8:36 PM

Now which of the enumerated powers of Congress would this come under? The Property Clause in Article IV, Section 3? The treaty power under some women’s rights treaty our great land has been party to? Or would it be that old standby, the Commerce Clause of Article I, Section 8, which Congress uses to justify ANYTHING?

Next onion needs to show two male Congressmen farting.

radjah shelduck on August 2, 2007 at 8:41 PM

AP, while Bryan’s abilities sound incredibly jedi-strong, I don’t have the first clue how to take my own home movies and edit/photoshop/etc. them… any suggestions on what to use?
(Note: my wife won’t sign off on any Apple products [iMac, iBook] for about a year or so; then I’d love to get Final Cut, but I still have no idea yet on how to use ANY of these..)
What do you (or anyone… *gasp* help!) use/recommend for now?

nationspatriotcom on August 2, 2007 at 8:42 PM

It’s a parody.

Allahpundit on August 2, 2007 at 8:33 PM

Maybe so. But if they carry-out their resolution in the same way that the government enforces its immigration laws, the net result is gonna’ be two really frustrated congresswomen.

My collie says:
Is that Mick Jagger I hear singing “I can’t get no satisfaction“?

CyberCipher on August 2, 2007 at 8:45 PM

Next onion needs to show two male Congressmen farting.

radjah shelduck on August 2, 2007 at 8:41 PM

No! Remember the dangers of global warming! Gore might make another global warming movie focusing on farting.

The False Dervish on August 2, 2007 at 8:53 PM

Maybe if they really want to socialize they should lay off of the onions.

TunaTalon on August 2, 2007 at 8:54 PM

If congress spent its time working on motions like this rather than trying to control my life, I’d be a happy person.

jaime on August 2, 2007 at 9:01 PM

“gentlewomen” that ain’t no word.

It is an inorganic construct.

TheSitRep on August 2, 2007 at 9:05 PM

Yeah – but could he do it on an old Amiga using Lightwave?

erik on August 2, 2007 at 9:06 PM

Very funny. Who writes this stuff? Somehow it wouldn’t really surprise me if it actually happened.

thedecider on August 2, 2007 at 9:14 PM

Here’s how you know it’s a parody: it featured a black Republican congresswoman from Alabama.

Still funny though.

baldilocks on August 2, 2007 at 9:16 PM

That’s a bar I’ll stay away from! ☺

Kini on August 2, 2007 at 9:34 PM

The funniest part is that she’s playing a Republican.

Stevel on August 2, 2007 at 9:38 PM

It’s an Onion parody, guys. See the logo?

Don’t you love repeatedly being forced to make those after the fact disclaimers?

RightWinged on August 2, 2007 at 10:10 PM

It’s an Onion parody, guys. See the logo?

And if that wasn’t enough to give it away, there was the referrence to a “country & western” bar!

soundingboard on August 2, 2007 at 10:26 PM

The best satire is that which makes you wonder, just for a moment, if it could possbily be real.

I like it.

Bob's Kid on August 2, 2007 at 10:40 PM

oh come on…make it alittle more realistic, use Kennedy.

CaptainObvious on August 2, 2007 at 11:27 PM

Booty Call!

Kini on August 3, 2007 at 1:27 AM

Still funny though.

baldilocks on August 2, 2007 at 9:16 PM

I was thinking the same exact thing.

Of course the “crrrraaaaaazy” at the end was just icing.

Esthier on August 3, 2007 at 10:27 AM