Muslims to pet food factory: We’re inhaling pork!

posted at 10:34 am on July 31, 2007 by Allahpundit

Just what we need — another type of emission for the left to get angry about.

Butchers Pet Care could shelve plans for a factory in Coton Park, near Rugby, because angry Asian families have complained to their residents’ association about pork smells drifting into their garden.

Muslim residents in the area also claim the pork will effectively “rain down” on their homes and gardens after the factory’s 100ft chimney has pumped the meat extracts into the atmosphere…

One family who live less than 100 yards from the proposed factory, but who did not wish to be identified, said: “A significant proportion of meats used in the pet foods processes are pig meat.

“Our religion expressly forbids us to consume pig meat in any form.

“Because of the way in which this meat material will leave the factory and give that the area can be ‘rained upon’ we will be consuming pork via inhalation of this ‘rain’.

“Not only that but our clothes will be contaminated by pork.”…

A statement from Butchers Pet Care said: “The majority of our natural products are beef and poultry.

“Pork ingredients account for less than 10% of our range.

“At Coton Park we plan to introduce state-of-the-art odour extraction through the chimney stack…

“We would like to reiterate that we do not burn any animal materials.”

If the mere smell of pork is so lethally haram, how do they manage to live in England at all? One wrong turn down an unfamiliar street and they might end up outside a butcher shop. What then? Or is there some de minimis exception where trace amounts of pig smell are okay so long as it’s not, um, “raining down”?

It’ll be interesting to see how the courts handle this. In traditional tort cases, for economic reasons we don’t need to get into, the factory would be allowed to continue its business provided it paid damages to the surrounding landowners for polluting their premises. This is a little different, not only because the “pollution” here isn’t actually damaging anyone’s property but because damages aren’t going to cure the injury where religious principle is involved. Either the factory shuts down — or gives up on pork products — or the families move away. Economics dictate it’ll probably be the latter, although never underestimate the power of a good ethnic lobby.

Comments

It’s like everything we hear about Islam is either people being inhuman thugs or whiny perpetual victims. Islam needs some better PR, and it definitely not CAIR that will provide it (they excel at the whiny perpetual victim stance).

frankj on July 31, 2007 at 10:37 AM

It just doesn’t make sense for a business to bow down to a religious objection.

Growing up, I lived next door to a chemical mixing plant. They even had a spill one time, creating a strange mushroom cloud in our backyard that prompted a trip to the hospital complete with men in yellow suits wondering where they could dump our shower water in case we were toxic.

We tried to get them out of the neighborhood and had no luck.

If these Asians succeed, well, I just won’t break the news to my parents that they were going about it the wrong way all those years.

Esthier on July 31, 2007 at 10:41 AM

mmmmmmm, bacon.

awake on July 31, 2007 at 10:43 AM

My bet is that the factory gives in.

Most Victimites will go away if you toss money at them. See: Jesse Jackson. But Muslims are different. They aren’t interested in money, they want what they want.

Labamigo on July 31, 2007 at 10:43 AM

Heh heh Damn sounds like a good idea would be to build one of these plants in every neighborhood.

doriangrey on July 31, 2007 at 10:44 AM

Who needs nuclear weapons to defeat the Muslim umma? All we need is pigs in every house and on every corner. Poor Poor oppressed muslims. They just can’t win.

ThackerAgency on July 31, 2007 at 10:45 AM

Tell them to move or shut the hell up.

Kowboy on July 31, 2007 at 10:45 AM

another muslim post…hurray!

/flushes koran

zane on July 31, 2007 at 10:46 AM

I thought it was raining men.

Pigs. Men. Same thing :D

lorien1973 on July 31, 2007 at 10:48 AM

I got your port emissions right here!

sonnyspats1 on July 31, 2007 at 10:48 AM

another religious story today:

A Roman Catholic priest whose racist and expletive-laden outburst against a group of skateboarders was filmed and posted on YouTube has been put on leave by church authorities in Australia.

video linked from article

zane on July 31, 2007 at 10:48 AM

Personally, I might have to side with the muslims on this one. Noone wants stink from a factory on their private property. Bacon smells great, but only when its breakfast time. Who in their right mind would want the smell of slaughtered pigs floating around on their doorsteps all day?

In my own backyard, we are assaulted daily by a “biosolids” plant that uses pure human waste for fertilizer. You can’t even go outside when they are applying the sludge, and I live over a mile away. Unfortunately, the great state of new Jersey would rather dump sludge into the water system than burn it(which is the only safe way of disposing of sludge).

So, in conlusion, pig smell stinks.

Vincenzo on July 31, 2007 at 10:51 AM

ThackerAgency on July 31, 2007 at 10:45 AM

Heh heh, yep, instead of dropping bombs on them we should be dropping 1000lbs pigs…From 10,000 feet so that they splatter real good…

doriangrey on July 31, 2007 at 10:51 AM

Hey, we lived in Santa Ana, CA for 12 years (in a neighborhood where our lily white son and his black best friend were the sole examples of their ethnic groups, as the rest were Mexican and Vietnamese ~ I proudly had the Rainbow Coalition on my doorstep after school every day) AND, while I have a HUGE problem with illegal immigration, I had NO problem with the wafting scents of the chili powder factory two blocks over. OH. MY. GOD! When they were roasting the chilis and the wind switched our way? Instant Pavlov reaction.

So maybe that’s what they’re worried about ~ instantly drooling as the bacon smell hits the house blows their righteous religious whinings away like a car bomb outside a mosque. Or raping your daughter before you strangle her.

Contradictions like that sure make it hard to take them seriously.

tree hugging sister on July 31, 2007 at 10:53 AM

“Our religion expressly forbids us to consume pig meat in any form.

inhalation of rain???? now thats a new one.
they just need to stfu and have a nice bbq pork sandwich and stop all their hating .

Mojack420 on July 31, 2007 at 10:58 AM

Too bad we can’t crossbreed pigs and elephants to really give ‘em something to complain about.

(Unfortunately, as we all know, pig and elephant DNA just won’t splice.)

James on July 31, 2007 at 11:00 AM

James on July 31, 2007 at 11:00 AM

Damn it you owe me a new keyboard………

doriangrey on July 31, 2007 at 11:04 AM

PIGS DO FLY! and rain down on muslim heads….wow. great kiddie book. sheesh.

shooter on July 31, 2007 at 11:05 AM

This is an obvious hate crime!

liberrocky on July 31, 2007 at 11:11 AM

…that’s a shame…

NRA4Freedom on July 31, 2007 at 11:12 AM

I lived in North Beach. On Mondays they use to roast the coffee and it stunk. It’s not like nice coffee aroma but just like something foul is burning. I didn’t like it. It made me ill but I never demanded they stopped.

As to turning down the wrong street and finding yourself near a butcher shop — what about walking past any shop or restaurant that sells sausage or pizza or Chinese food. They really do intend to impose sharia law.

Blake on July 31, 2007 at 11:14 AM

Blake on July 31, 2007 at 11:14 AM

They really do intend to impose sharia law.

Yes, they do………

doriangrey on July 31, 2007 at 11:15 AM

Ummmm if you inhale rain or water don’t you drown?….just wondering. Seems to me that to have enough pig scent molecules to cause unbrage we shouldn’t have any Muslims anywhere… can we say ball parks, restaurants, grocery stores,fairs, strip malls, etc. If the topic of Islamic philosophy were not so important and destructive to our way of life and culture this might be funny; but it’s not.

MNDavenotPC on July 31, 2007 at 11:15 AM

umbrage I meant to say

MNDavenotPC on July 31, 2007 at 11:17 AM

I work near a Proctor and Gamble plant that makes Pringles potato chips. The smell of them cooking is awful. Only thing I’ve ever smelled worse than a paper mill.

Kowboy on July 31, 2007 at 11:17 AM

ive had it up to here with CAIR.

if you’re gonna open ur damn mouth in the name of a small special interest…at least make it one that has SOME SORT OF AMERICAN INTEREST at heart. even if that interest is some lame ass athiest or corporation…beats these islam nuts

ernesto on July 31, 2007 at 11:17 AM

I hope their business increases dramaticly, so much so that they have a factory in every town !!

2theright on July 31, 2007 at 11:17 AM

They aren’t interested in money, they want what they want.
Labamigo on July 31, 2007 at 10:43 AM

They want America.

They want America islamacized. Sharia for everyone.

shooter on July 31, 2007 at 11:18 AM

Sounds like a cool WMD to me. Pork smog and acid pork rain.

Cool…….

conservnut on July 31, 2007 at 11:21 AM

umbrage I meant to say
MNDavenotPC on July 31, 2007 at 11:17 AM

Brage – (Norse mythology) god of poetry and music; son of Odin

Un-BRAGE- kinda fits the mythical god of islam. son of odabitch.

shooter on July 31, 2007 at 11:21 AM

Yep, the factory will cave. Maybe they should use dog from “Bad Newz Kennels”. That’d be okay.

LtE126 on July 31, 2007 at 11:22 AM

I agree with Vincenzo.

Anyone who’s driven by a slaughter house/meat processing house knows this smell. Drive by the Farmer John plant in Los Angeles/Vernon area–you can smell it for blocks and blocks, and it’s sickening.

I can’t imagine any of us wanting this meat plant to be built 100 yards away from our home–that’s why we have zoning laws. They should try to fight it on other grounds–playing the “religion card” is getting so very boring, and changes a justifiable complaint that we can agree with into a complaint subject to ridicule.

nyrofan on July 31, 2007 at 11:28 AM

Is pork air deadly to muslims?

Zach on July 31, 2007 at 11:29 AM

My way or the highway. The company will cave because the court will cave. So then we get the Kyoto accord banishing any pork products from the atmosphere. HAZMAT teams to clean up pig pens. BBQ rib possession becomes a class A felony.

Funny?………..nope……just what PC will get us.

Limerick on July 31, 2007 at 11:31 AM

Leave, Mohammedans, leave. Leaving is an option.

apostle53 on July 31, 2007 at 11:32 AM

Heh, here’s another pathetic NIMBY story…

Most vegetarians would prefer to avoid the sight or smell of a juicy steak.

Heather Mills is a little stricter in her approach – and can’t even look at meat while it’s still mooing.

At least, that is the reason she gave for trying to buy the fields adjoining her new £3 million home.

Miss Mills, a spokesman for animal rights, told the farmer who owns the land that she couldn’t bear to look out over fields filled with cows destined for slaughter.

Brat on July 31, 2007 at 11:36 AM

“In this country we are allowed the right to follow our religion and religious beliefs. By allowing this plan to go ahead our religious rights are being swept to one side for what appears to be economic greed.”

Does that seem backwards to anyone? It seems they are using their religious beliefs to thwart progress. Which has been par for the course in the Muslim world for the last thousand years.

By the way, this story is from England, CAIR is not involved.

reaganaut on July 31, 2007 at 11:38 AM

MNDavenotPC on July 31, 2007 at 11:41 AM

darned lack of knowledge on my part… thanks shooter for the new word

MNDavenotPC on July 31, 2007 at 11:41 AM

That is hilarious. Would she buy the cows, too? She could save them all! I would love to see that farmer’s face when he was given the message (I doubt Miss Mills gave it personally). I’d be having a huge barbecue whenever the wind was blowing in the right direction.

reaganaut on July 31, 2007 at 11:43 AM

apostle53 on July 31, 2007 at 11:32 AM

Leave, Mohammedans, leave. Leaving is an option.

No, when you are in the process of conquering a people leaving because those you are conquering don’t like being conquered is never an option. Make no mistake about it Islam is conquering America.

doriangrey on July 31, 2007 at 11:47 AM

What you have is an elderly priest trying to get skateboarders off church property because they are destroying it, being harassed and called a pedophile, finally lose his cool and call them some names.

Blake on July 31, 2007 at 11:49 AM

I’ve called skateboarders a lot worse in my neighborhood, good thing I didn’t tell them I was Cathoilc…. sheesh

MNDavenotPC on July 31, 2007 at 11:51 AM

Catholic…. can’t type today

MNDavenotPC on July 31, 2007 at 11:59 AM

You’d almost think Muslims were trying to pick fights.

Blacklake on July 31, 2007 at 12:00 PM

Blacklake on July 31, 2007 at 12:00 PM

You’d almost think Muslims were trying to pick fights.

Ya think…They come here to subdue America to Islam, not for any other reason.

doriangrey on July 31, 2007 at 12:07 PM

Brat on July 31, 2007 at 11:36 AM

At least she’s not trying to make others pay for her issues and was instead offering to pay for the land.

I have much more sympathy for her, especially since she probably believes that animals shouldn’t be killed for consumption. At least she wasn’t trying to shut the place down.

Esthier on July 31, 2007 at 12:15 PM

“Funny how we never seem to have these problems with Jews, whose religion also prohibits the consumption of pork.

You’d almost think Muslims were trying to pick fights.

Blacklake on July 31, 2007 at 12:00 PM”

Eggf’inzactly !

Sasnak on July 31, 2007 at 12:16 PM

At least she wasn’t trying to shut the place down.
Esthier on July 31, 2007 at 12:15 PM

That’s not how the local view it. They are anti-prosthetic NIMBYs to boot!

The local butcher said: ‘She’s not a favourite of mine – I much prefer Paul. I just hope she’s not going to be too pushy with her campaigns over here because she’ll have a tough time fitting in.

“I think she’s already known as the lady with the wooden leg because a lady came into my shop the other day saying ‘I heard the lady with the wooden leg is going to be living here’.” Another female resident said: “I do not want her here. I am a born and bred local and I don’t want people like her moving in. She’ll change the village for the worse.

“She’s trying to make herself into too much of a Diana.

“If she came in here (the local pub) for a quick drink I would completely ignore her.”

The local florist said of the media interest: “It will be a nightmare.”

Miss Mills, who is to earn £ 70 million from the divorce, bought her property in the Home Counties in the last month.

She also recently bought a holiday home in Slovenia. But she is heading for a chilly welcome there too.

Villager Miro Bokan was reported as saying: “We will get no peace. Everyone is against it. People used to come here to enjoy the unspoilt countryside but now it will all be different.”

Brat on July 31, 2007 at 12:24 PM

Blacklake on July 31, 2007 at 12:00 PM
You’d almost think Muslims were trying to pick fights.

I’m Ready just fired up the bbq and will working on a big toxic pork cloud and hopefully some acid pork rain .

you can have my bbq pork ribs when you can pry them from my cold dead fingers .

Mojack420 on July 31, 2007 at 12:25 PM

So if we all grill pork products on the same day will they just leave. I’m know what I’m having for supper tonight.
The other white meat, on the grill!
Maybe we should all drive diesel cars, and recycle the vegetable oil that was used in the fryers to cook the pork tenderloins at the local resturants as fuel.
I don’t want to see them in any grocery stores anymore either.

Gooch on July 31, 2007 at 12:28 PM

Mojack420 on July 31, 2007 at 12:25 PM

you can have my bbq pork ribs when you can pry them from my cold dead fingers .

Actually the Muslim way is to blow them out of your still warm fingers with a nice big bomb.

doriangrey on July 31, 2007 at 12:29 PM

After we bomb Mecca to dust, we spray pig’s blood on the dust.

archon2001 on July 31, 2007 at 12:41 PM

Well, this explains why the latest bomb attempts were not successful in GB.
The jihadist had been “contaminated” with the smell of pig meat.

So everybody arm themselves with BBQ pits and pig meat to prevent a global sharia law.

Who knew it could be that easy?

Mcguyver on July 31, 2007 at 12:47 PM

Let them eat pork!

ericire12 on July 31, 2007 at 12:51 PM

Sounds like there is a new strategy for Iraq.
Retro-fit 1000 lb hogs with GPS or JDAM fins. Drop them on the houses the terrorists are holed up in, and ‘Capture’ them when they come out all covered in pig guts.

cjn on July 31, 2007 at 12:51 PM

I don’t think we in this country or in Europe heard so many complaints from Muslim’s being denied their religious practices by their host until after 9/11. I worked in corrections for many years, so I was used to Muslim complaints, but after 9/11 instead of them trying to keep an expected low profile, they seemed to step up and find even new reasons of religious complaints about their host cultures.

apostle53 on July 31, 2007 at 12:51 PM

apostle53 on July 31, 2007 at 12:51 PM

Thats because they know that half of America is pissing their pants scared of them now.

doriangrey on July 31, 2007 at 12:56 PM

Brat on July 31, 2007 at 12:24 PM

I don’t see how that shows that she wants to shut down the butcher, but if she is, that would be something different.

Esthier on July 31, 2007 at 12:57 PM

If this progresses to its logical conclusion, Britian will someday be pork(and alcohol)-free except for special infidel-only pork pubs in rough neighbourhoods.

Oink. *Burrrp*

infidel4life on July 31, 2007 at 1:07 PM

Boars vs. Boors.

Let the games begin.

profitsbeard on July 31, 2007 at 1:08 PM

The story headline (emphasis mine):

Muslims protest over pet food factory that could ‘rain down’ pork”

When I read or hear those first two words, my response anymore is, “Of course they do.”

I think I’m suffering from “outrage fatigue”. Can I get gov’t provided PTSD treatment for that?

deepdiver on July 31, 2007 at 1:09 PM

Eventually, England will completely kowtow to Muslims and will ban pork in any and every form – from living pigs to pork steaks at the butchers.

Start grilling while you can, UKers.

JinxMcHue on July 31, 2007 at 1:13 PM

This reminds me of the following:

“It’s bad enough they’re all eating meat. They don’t have to rub it in my face.”

– Lisa Simpson, just before a stray burger patty lands on her face.

calbear on July 31, 2007 at 1:21 PM

Sure Lisa, there’s a magical animal where we get bacon, sausage, ham and pork chops from…. (And dog food????)

jrevans on July 31, 2007 at 1:32 PM

There is this place called Saudi Arabia. I hear it is:
Pork Free
Freedom Free
Infidel Free
Clitoris Free
Whisky Free

Go there , Pray There , Stay there !

TheSitRep on July 31, 2007 at 1:48 PM

Wow, they are so RIGHT. Eventually “Pork Chop Rain” will be inescapable! I guess it’s time for them to leave… the PLANET.

NightmareOnKStreet on July 31, 2007 at 1:57 PM

Why can’t the offended Muslims just STFU & buy some PORK OFFSETS?

NightmareOnKStreet on July 31, 2007 at 2:02 PM

There is this place called Saudi Arabia. I hear it is:
Pork Free
Freedom Free
Infidel Free
Clitoris Free
Whisky Free

Go there , Pray There , Stay there !

TheSitRep on July 31, 2007 at 1:48 PM

When my husband spent 6 weeks there on business they were also:
Speed Limit Free AND TOILET PAPER FREE! GROSS, BUT TRUE! His company provided him with a case of toilet paper to take with him on the plane. No, it’s TRUE. You don’t want to know how they handle potty hygiene with all those robes and stuff… I’d tell you but you might just throw up a little in your mouth..

NightmareOnKStreet on July 31, 2007 at 2:11 PM

Muslims to pet food factory: We’re inhaling pork!

,,,and congress is spewing it.

saved on July 31, 2007 at 2:34 PM

Seriously, we really need to stop allowing them access to lawyers. Creative litigation is starting to really get on my nerves. Some idiot probably pointed at the “nuisance” tort in his little book and said, “hey, figure out how we can annoy the rest of the world using this.”

The pet food factory’s problem of course is that its moving TO this area and not the other idiots moving IN.

E. M. on July 31, 2007 at 3:16 PM

Funny. I can’t stand the smell of pagan moon gods.

Timber Wolf on July 31, 2007 at 3:48 PM

Is there anything in this world that does NOT offend these people?

SuperManGreenLantern on July 31, 2007 at 4:19 PM

Butter that bacon, Mohammad, butter it!!!

Hening on July 31, 2007 at 4:26 PM

…in the immortal words of Emeril, PORK FAT RULES

VTWaldrup on July 31, 2007 at 4:47 PM

From Brat on July 31, 2007 at 12:24 PM

That’s not how the local view it.

[snip]

Those Brits sure have a curious notion of earn!

Al in St. Lou on July 31, 2007 at 4:56 PM

Imagine how the damn pigs feel.

bloggless on July 31, 2007 at 5:29 PM

If you rearrange the letters of KORAN like matchsticks, it easily spells PORK.

Allah’s little joke?

profitsbeard on July 31, 2007 at 6:20 PM

Let me get this straight. Somebody correct me if don’t understand this.
Pigs, dogs, monkeys, and other unclean (to Muslims) animals all pee on the ground.
Pee evaporates because it is mostly water.
Water vapor, which includes pig pee, forms clouds.
Clouds drop rain.
Rain flows into river & lakes.
Water treatment plant makes drinking water from rivers & lakes.
Everybody drinks water and breaths water vapor, both of which contain former pig pee.
Does that mean Muslims will all go to hell?

TC on July 31, 2007 at 6:45 PM

TC-

That’s the plan.

It’s not nice to fool with Mother Nature.

She hates misogynistic twerps.

profitsbeard on July 31, 2007 at 7:27 PM

It’s the same reason they don’t shake hands or eat with their left hand…..There–you have the rest of the story.

Tennessee Dave on July 31, 2007 at 7:41 PM