Iraqi orphanage nightmare ends less than nightmarishly

posted at 12:40 pm on July 31, 2007 by Allahpundit

Another horror for Bush’s “increasingly sectarian military.”

Comments

It’s so nice to, once in a while, come across something that gives you pride to be an American.

VolMagic on July 31, 2007 at 12:50 PM

Incredible.

Esthier on July 31, 2007 at 12:51 PM

Trigger happy, sorry.
I was gonna add: Instead of more infuriating news from the Defeat-o-crats or St. Cindy.

VolMagic on July 31, 2007 at 12:53 PM

I agree Volmagic, what a great story!

Bad Candy on July 31, 2007 at 12:53 PM

An amazing story…so amazing, I’m sure I will see it on CBS soon, right? People in other countries hate us because of how our news agencies portray us. If CBS/NBC/ABC/CNN would drop their anti-Bush agenda and report stories like this one, imagine what kind of PR impact this would have with other countries!!

To the men who are making a difference in these kids’ lives, you exemplify what is best about America. I’m sure those kids never imagined that they would see our soldiers as the heroes they are.

jediwebdude on July 31, 2007 at 12:58 PM

God Bless Major Southworth.

After enrolling Ala’a in middle school, arranging for medical care and taking the little boy to “Pooh’s Heffalump Movie” on a Friday night, Southworth definitely feels like a father.

Maj. Southworth is a great Dad indeed.

The Race Card on July 31, 2007 at 12:59 PM

A positive story,and a courageous soldier .
Kudo’s to the United States of America.

canopfor on July 31, 2007 at 1:07 PM

(Can’t wait till the complaints start coming in that the kid isn’t being raised according to strick Muslim standards.)

Meanwhile, decency trumps lunacy.

profitsbeard on July 31, 2007 at 1:11 PM

The true nature of the American military.

infidel4life on July 31, 2007 at 1:26 PM

They can always move to Dearborn-istan. I HATE MULTI-CULTI bullsh!t.

Andy in Agoura Hills on July 31, 2007 at 1:27 PM

An amazing story…
Jediwebdude on July 31,2007 at12:58

I agree with you,the news won’t cover this
especially the good news today of after eight months
in Irag,there,s less violence.

And your right about the news(propaganda).
The news is painting a picture of the United States
that doesn’t exist,I should know ,the media started on
President Bush less than two years into his first term.

canopfor on July 31, 2007 at 1:27 PM

No Freakin Way! MAJ Southworth is my old company commander. I knew he adopted an Iraqi child but I didn’t know the whole story. He is more of a humanitarian that I could ever even hope to be.

Thanks for the link Allah, you made my day.

BadgerHawk on July 31, 2007 at 1:39 PM

I can hear it now: “American solidiers kidnapping Iraqi children to raise as Christian Americans”

or even worse “kidnapping Iraqi children for organ harvesting, medical experiments, and AIDS research”

No good deed goes unpunished

CookeyD on July 31, 2007 at 2:02 PM

This is one of many Iraqi children who have benefited from the concern and effort of US servicemen and women. Besides all the gifts, school materials, etc., how many times have pleas been made to help arrange medical treatment in the US? And remember that boy who helped the army by identifying the bad guys, risking his own life numerous times and then was brought to the US for his own safety? All those stories should be compiled and posted somewhere.

Blake on July 31, 2007 at 2:05 PM

I apologize. I took a positive story and made a negative out of it. I shouldn’t have done that. Helping those poor kids is a wonderful thing to do and I should’ve focused on that instead.

CookeyD on July 31, 2007 at 2:10 PM

What a great story. Always have been, and always will be proud to be an American. God bless our troops!

revolutionismyname on July 31, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Wow! Makes me proud to be an American.

Lawrence on July 31, 2007 at 2:28 PM

Wow.

CP on July 31, 2007 at 2:47 PM

Wonderful story. I would love to hear more like these.

MalkinFan on July 31, 2007 at 3:03 PM

Thanks for the story,
I can see it now.. We need to spend the money that is being spent on these kids on our kids

KBird on July 31, 2007 at 3:49 PM

Mr Southworth…

You. Are. The. Man. !!

Montana on July 31, 2007 at 4:37 PM

CookieD,

Perhaps you were expressing some of the frustration that many of us feel about any progress our military makes being spun into a caricature of grotesque negativity.
In any case, this story carries so much good will and generosity of spirit with it that nothing you implied might happen, (and it really could and probably will) NOTHING can take that good away from it. Those who attempt it will only lower their aspect (yet again) in the eyes of those who know them for what they are.

Bravo, Major Southworth and company.

Beth A. on July 31, 2007 at 4:40 PM

Of course, don’t tell Hugh Fitzgerald that the US is allowing these Iraqi boys in. He’d prefer they rot in their hell holes.

mram on July 31, 2007 at 5:13 PM

Okay, let me clarify: their Islamic hell holes.

mram on July 31, 2007 at 5:14 PM

Doing the jobs Democrats wouldn’t do.

hadsil on July 31, 2007 at 7:06 PM

mram-

Because Hugh F. sees them as cuckoo’s eggs, however “charming” on the surface.

If the kid is raised Muslim, Hugh will be right, sadly.

profitsbeard on July 31, 2007 at 7:38 PM

Wonderful story.

Spirit of 1776 on July 31, 2007 at 9:03 PM

Very moving. Maj. Southworth is a true progressive.

Entelechy on July 31, 2007 at 10:13 PM

Very moving. Maj. Southworth is a true progressive.
Entelechy on July 31, 2007 at 10:13 PM

Yeah. The kind of progressive EVERYONE can respect. Not the kind of limousine liberal pukes we see blathering on about how “progressive” they are.

csdeven on August 1, 2007 at 8:05 AM

To Maj. Southworth; BRAVO ZULU, and God bless you sir.

CookeyD, feel no shame. I’m certain that many here, myself included, felt an impulse to write an “in your face, liberals!” sort of anti-comment about this story as you did. But you are correct in your second comment, this story rises above the petty in every way.

Let the world think what they will, let the anti-war crowd think what they will, but there are no hearts so tender to the plight of the helpless, as the American servicemen who fight to free them.

Freelancer on August 1, 2007 at 9:24 AM