Video: “Jihad the Musical”

posted at 6:24 pm on July 30, 2007 by Allahpundit

Funny, but as I learned in my previous blogging incarnation, jokes in this vein get old fast. How many episodes of “Sands of Passion” did it take before that concept was spent? Two, maybe? Imagine two and a half hours of this.

As they must, the producers insist that they mean no offense by their humor. That won’t help you in New York, buddy; if this thing hits Broadway, you’re looking at a Class B felony at a minimum. Click the image to watch.

jihad.jpg

Comments

So has the fatwa been issued yet?

Kowboy on July 30, 2007 at 6:28 PM

Amazing, conservatives and jihadis can both agree this is retarded

Defector01 on July 30, 2007 at 6:30 PM

you’re looking at a Class B felony at a minimum

More like “Death to those that insult Islam!” in
V, IV, III, II, I …

So has the fatwa been issued yet?

Kowboy on July 30, 2007 at 6:28 PM

Done.

CyberCipher on July 30, 2007 at 6:32 PM

“Springtime for Hitler”?

hadsil on July 30, 2007 at 6:33 PM

Fiddler on the Hoof?

Baaa…

profitsbeard on July 30, 2007 at 6:33 PM

Dude looks like Sacha Baron-Cohen. I’d give it three gehs.

laelaps on July 30, 2007 at 6:38 PM

…I’d give it three gehs.

laelaps on July 30, 2007 at 6:38 PM

I dunno. Lyrics are kinda’ catchy, but only a pink burka could dance to it, donchathink?

Maybe we’ll see it again performed on American Idol.

CyberCipher on July 30, 2007 at 6:43 PM

allah,

I can’t get into my hotmail right now, but I thought you might be interested to know that Al Gore Jr. got a slap on the wrist for his drug use. He pleaded guilty, but the judge insisted that he withdraw that plea and charges would be dropped with a “drug diversion program” (not rehab)

Rightwingsparkle on July 30, 2007 at 6:45 PM

I liked Osama Girl almost as much as Obama Girl. Nice finish.

Dork B. on July 30, 2007 at 6:46 PM

The real question is why haven’t we heard AllahPundit seize this golden opportunity to say (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery):

“This has to stop, and it has to stop right now.”

CyberCipher on July 30, 2007 at 6:46 PM

Well this certainaly is not like the musical
Jesus Christ Superstar,and thank G!d for that.

canopfor on July 30, 2007 at 6:59 PM

Islamically reknowned.
HA!
Sure to be pulled by allah-tube any minute now….

locomotivebreath1901 on July 30, 2007 at 7:17 PM

So I’m a lowbrow with a silly sense of humor.

I like it. Catchy lyrics. Pink burqas may become a fashion statement in Tehran. I can only hope the gals there will all become so dehydrated and oppressed while covered in pink Saran Wrap that they rise up and beat their men for being stupid.

(I can dream, can’t I?)

Subsunk

Subsunk on July 30, 2007 at 7:25 PM

I couldn’t help but think of Disney watching this.

PBoilermaker on July 30, 2007 at 7:30 PM

/channels a young Andy Rooney, speaking to Judy Garland…

“I know how to save Western Civilisation!!! Lets put on a SHOW!!”

Romeo13 on July 30, 2007 at 7:43 PM

I believe allahpundit must be seeing a really “hot” jihadis lass on the side.
Why else would he be sniping at a brilliant parody like this one?
A SCOTTISH MUSICAL LAMPOONING OSAMA should cause a prolific scribbler as him to salvate.
What with the terrorist attack at the Scottish airport and all.
Or maybe it’s just me.

RMR on July 30, 2007 at 7:50 PM

Springtime for Hitler, as hadsil got to it first. But watch it, it gets better everytime I watch it.

And NO, it doesn’t evah get OLD.

Kini on July 30, 2007 at 9:29 PM

It’s a bit too Little Orphan Annie for my taste.

It would be much more enjoyable if their music had a little more surreal pep.

SilverStar830 on July 30, 2007 at 10:37 PM

It was funny for a long time.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on July 30, 2007 at 10:44 PM

When did Allahp become Captian Bring Down?

liberrocky on July 30, 2007 at 11:07 PM

Woah, Sands of Passion are up to like 9 episodes now? Must catch up.

- The Cat

MirCat on July 31, 2007 at 12:08 AM

I believe allahpundit must be seeing a really “hot” jihadis lass on the side.
RMR on July 30, 2007 at 7:50 PM

Hehehehe.

I am just reminded why I “tune in” to HA. I get more dopamine from laughing than watching Jay Leno!!!

Mcguyver on July 31, 2007 at 12:11 AM

Heh!

I guess the chances of this hitting broadway are about as good as Fred Thompson getting elected as president a snow balls chance in you know where.

But who ever said that Osama groupies never had a sense of humor?

Darnell Clayton on July 31, 2007 at 12:41 AM

Correction:

That is what I meant to say! :-)

Darnell Clayton on July 31, 2007 at 12:42 AM

The Missing Intermezzo:

The Ghost of Mohammad, riding on a papier-mache (pronounced papeeyay mashay) woman-faced flying mule descends from the rafters, singing his breakout number:

Wine or Milk or Honey? Just Give Me Jizyah Money!”

Who’s the slyest Meccan, without the slightest rival?
Who can pilfer verses from his nearest neighbor’s Bible?
Who’s the one who thought, oh yes! that Satan gave him suras?

Sure is…
(earnest, over-the-top Broadway earnest schmaltz:)

That’s me———eeeee!

(offstage basso chorus:)
(Mo-ham- mad!!!!)

Mo, profits, yes, you see!

(Moham-mad!!!)

No one else grabs goats,
(Mo…)
Chops throats,
(Ham…)
Steals shoats,
(Mad!!!)

Like me————eeee!

A Koran slips out of his tunic pocket, unbeknownst to him, and plunges toward a strangely anarchronistic toilet suddenly spotlit in the middle of the stage, right beneath him, and BULLSEYES into the bowl! (Puh-Toosh!!!)

(Stage whisper singsong, embarassed as he sees what happened:)

Like… me!??

profitsbeard on July 31, 2007 at 1:58 AM

profitsbeard,

OUTSTANDING!!!!!

Nolamom67 on July 31, 2007 at 9:58 AM

Nolamom67-

I don’t dare bow for concern of beheading, but- :^)

profitsbeard on July 31, 2007 at 5:40 PM