Video: Hillary heckler speaks waves truth to power

posted at 2:35 pm on July 30, 2007 by Allahpundit

The fact that she (he?) somehow ends up front and center with that sign right in the Glacier’s face makes me laugh. I can’t decipher everything on the back (“Hillary Clinton is a cold, calculating, power hungry woman” and then something with a “G”) but the front is clear, and accurate. I get the feeling that a lot of Republicans think it’s accurate as applied to the GOP field, too. That’s where the real longing for Reagan comes from: not nostalgia for his vaunted communication skills, important and prodigious though they were, but nostalgia for the fact that he had a distinct vision for American government and wanted to put it in play. The only major candidate in the race on either side who seems to share that quality is, ironically, Silky, which doubtless explains part of his appeal to the nutroots. Newt would fit the bill on the right, but he’s unlikely to get in and is a sure loser if he did.

Mitt’s got a vision too, I guess, although coincidentally it didn’t coalesce until around the time he started thinking about running for president. “Shining city on a hill” versus “ocean of filth.” Feel inspired?

Comments

I believe Newt fits this bill also although I recognize he is not currently a “candidate”.

RobertCSampson on July 30, 2007 at 2:38 PM

So was that a Republican protester or a far-left Kossite dingbat?

Or was that a dumb question?

I really wish our side would quit repeating that lefty talking point. He is not a *sure* loser.

I wouldn’t bet the farm on him at this point, that’s for sure. He’d be a dark horse in the general. But the only thing making him a sure loser is the fact that we go around calling him a sure loser.

The polls say Hillary’s a sure loser. But her crowd decided to ignore her negatives and back her anyway – and they might just pull it off.

There is nothing at all sure a year and a half out from the election.

Professor Blather on July 30, 2007 at 2:42 PM

Duncan Hunter. This Spence Abraham thing has killed it for me with Fred. hunter is going all-Ross Perot on his web site, but maybe we need some of that.

The Democrats have us on the run, stammering.

Agrippa2k on July 30, 2007 at 2:43 PM

RobertCSampson on July 30, 2007 at 2:38 PM

I agree. The problem is Newt probably couldn’t win. Too many people mistake his intelligence for arrogance.

Kowboy on July 30, 2007 at 2:44 PM

Man, the cadence and tone of that chanting at the end was scary. Reminds me of the chanting for some other person whose name also started with an Hi back in the late 1930s.

LegendHasIt on July 30, 2007 at 2:46 PM

Silky is an empty suit with no concept of reality. Anyone who believes this stunt was’nt planned believes Michael (urine breath) Moore is the only one who can save the world. Do the theatrics get this juvenile in the political process? I guess if 1/3 of our students drop out of high scholl, then this stunt had to be directed at them.

volsense on July 30, 2007 at 2:48 PM

If I were there, I would have stood up and cheered for that woman (The protester, not Hillary….But I guess that was understood when I said “woman”).

ericire12 on July 30, 2007 at 2:50 PM

critisizing a politician for being power hungry seems a bit redundant.

crr6 on July 30, 2007 at 2:51 PM

Kowboy on July 30, 2007 at 2:44 PM

He’s got plenty of both.

db on July 30, 2007 at 2:52 PM

I guess I don’t understand the concept of Newt as a sure loser. He has baggage, but it is old baggage, and it has been acknowledged.

I could be wrong I suppose, but I don’t think it will be held against him by significant numbers of the core constituency. Especially given the recent history in politics, and the alternatives to the office.

Gingrich has always been my dream candidate, for his track record, for his values, and for his ability to communicate.

krakatoa on July 30, 2007 at 2:52 PM

Newt would win over the Republican base, and open-minded moderates. The problem is, he will NEVER win over the left and the MSM LOVES vilifying him. Remember the Gingrich who Stole Christmas? They would kill him with a million cuts with everything from “withering on the vine” (though I know the context) to his less than stellar personal life.

Darksean on July 30, 2007 at 3:04 PM

The age of the baggage won’t prevent the Dems from bringing it up. By having an affair with a staffer, Newt was behaving in a manner all too similar to Mr. Bill, right up when the House was considering impeachment. Although Newt did not compound his affair with perjury, it was enough to give the Dems red meat for their “others did it too” defense (which is curiously unavailable to people not named “Bill Clinton”) and charges of hypocrisy.

Bigfoot on July 30, 2007 at 3:10 PM

I hope this lady made it home safe that night.

Tony737 on July 30, 2007 at 3:12 PM

Do I have to watch the video to post here….? Good. I won’t then. As I wrote on a previous post,concerning Newt confirming on Fox News Sunday, having dinner with Fred and Jeri Thompson and Bob Livingston, I was curious how others viewed this information in the context of a Thompson/Gingrich or vice versa candidacy. And where does Bob Livingston fit in?

captivated_dem on July 30, 2007 at 3:15 PM

I am no fan of Newt’s, even less so of those who say he is a for sure loser because he has baggage.

Like Hillary doesn’t? Oh, oh, oh, maybe Silky doesn’t have any baggage, or Obama. or…naw, they all have baggage.

Maybe Newt’s baggage is worse than Hillary’s? I mean Whitewater and people just happening to die, or the gifts she got for having her husband let one of the worste criminals go is small potatoes?

The difference is conservatives don’t like what Newt did, I could care what libs think, especially when they will give Hillary a pass on everything she does. To a person libs aren’t bothered by Hillary’s crookedness, but many conservatives are concerned about lies and double talking done by our elected officials.

It’s not the libs who will prevent Newt from getting nominated, it’s conservatives who see him supporting the global warming tax on breathing, and see him as a typical politician, and not some supposed republican party messiah that some hope he would be.

Rode Werk on July 30, 2007 at 3:17 PM

You better believe he is. Here is the talking point: “Newt screwed around on his wife who was stuck in bed with cancer while he was making very lofty noises about the sexual immorality.”

Political poison doesn’t get much purer than that.

Lehosh on July 30, 2007 at 3:17 PM

If you watch the video all the way through, links come up for other videos. One is for a naked bike ride. Could somebody watch it and tell me if it was another video of Hillary?

GoodBoy on July 30, 2007 at 3:20 PM

I’m not a fan of the glacier but I’m getting tired of these sign-waving, rude clowns. What a class hole.

ulyses on July 30, 2007 at 3:27 PM

Sow the wind…

What response do you think she is going to get at the YearlyKos? Heh. I hope some conservative operatives are in the crowd to record the fun. If so Allahpundit will be serving Kirsten shinola sandwiches for a week.

Theworldisnotenough on July 30, 2007 at 3:33 PM

Reminds me of the Kos Kids with their reaction.

“Opposition! Seek, Target, Destroy!!!”

MadisonConservative on July 30, 2007 at 3:42 PM

I agree the ‘newt can’t win’ mantra really needs to be curtailed. I still believe in the mantra that ‘Hillary can’t win’ – But the left, media, Hillary ignores it.

Every candidate that the right could possibly put up will be villified. The Republicans could put up the Pope, and by election day, you’d think he was the anti-Christ. Adultery isn’t against the law in the USA. What Newt did (concerning his wife) was not illegal, it was insensitive.

He does say the wrong thing a lot of the time. But he has a positive vision for the future that doesn’t necessarily say he needs more money from the people of this country. Any Democrat should be defeated merely by saying that if you elect them they ‘might’ make things better, but they WILL take more of your money – ESPECIALLY if you are successful.

Capitalism should win out in this country. It is the one bastion of strength that most believers in the ‘American Dream’ can relate to. NEWT fixed Welfare, and the country is better for it. Newt doesn’t strike me as wanting to be President, but he does want to make America better. That alone makes him more electable than any candidate currently running.

ThackerAgency on July 30, 2007 at 3:50 PM

ulyses on July 30, 2007 at 3:27 PM

Amen, Ulyses. Let the kids (of all ages) on the left pull that crap. We’re supposed to be the adults in this picture, remember? I have too many bad memories of the Minutemen at Columbia.

smellthecoffee on July 30, 2007 at 3:53 PM

Eh, the heckler was a plant. I don’t think The Pantsuit’s people would let somebody in with a sign that big and obvious. After all, Hill and Billary were famous for not allowing supporters of their opponents into the crowd whenever they were speaking.

I’d say this here was a stunt designed to gin up sympathy for The Pantsuit.

BigOrangeAxe on July 30, 2007 at 3:55 PM

Note that Hillary wasn’t even able to react until her poll results stood up (all with signs…) and cheered her.

jeffshultz on July 30, 2007 at 3:57 PM

the vision thing???
Of course I prefer Reaganism to Clintonism(both versions). But all are “sincere” visions of American polity. And all are carried out in cold, calculating, and politically self-interested ways.

Randy

williars on July 30, 2007 at 4:05 PM

newt would make a good VP candidate but again he would also bring negativity

Oddly hillary has as much baggage as Newt. Thats why the power in the left keeps backing Obama. Obama gets the money while Hillary has the name.

Edwards just appeals to the nutters and the socialists. He is hoping to win the nomination by bypassing the establishment. A long shot there but is possible for the Democrats. McGovern and Carter were the last to do that but the climate is very different than when those two ran.

William Amos on July 30, 2007 at 4:13 PM

There is something amusing about how the audience (and Hillary for that matter) doesn’t seem to know how to react. Suddenly someone with some kind of brain, decides to stand up with the Hillary sign and the rest follow.

You see Hillary reading the sign. I don’t care who are you, cold and calculating or not, that has got to hurt.

Rightwingsparkle on July 30, 2007 at 4:13 PM

Nice observation, BigOrangeAxe. It was absolutely a sham. Impossible for a sign that large to get through a Clinton security. That combined with the multitude of Hillary signs being raised in unison while the chant of Hillary resonated through the hall. It would be interesting to know how many times they rehearsed the whole thing. Lefties would’ve ripped her sign to pieces if she wasn’t a plant.

volsense on July 30, 2007 at 4:27 PM

THEY will do the same to ANY republican candidate, so Newt shouldn’t be negated on that point. THEY will find a quote, obscure, out of context, and run with it for 40 continuous days and nights. THEY will dig into personal lives, and if nothing is found they will manufacture a derogatory anecdote or two and preach it to the masses like it’s the gospel truth. The candidate is irrelevant, all that varies is the number of lies and degree of hatred thrown the candidate’s way.

Newt’s not in, but let’s not rule him out …… because of all of the propaganda. The Dems can try to fool the public with their “most Americans” mantra, but about half of us still vehemently disagree with them and their propagandizing co-conspirators – the MSM.

Let’s not fall victim to the enemy within, like many of our current GOP representatives in congress.

fogw on July 30, 2007 at 4:30 PM

I’m with Fred Newt, but it’s not just his “baggage” he’s working against. He doesn’t connect well with many folks on an emotional level, and there are masses of people who make their decision there. Intellectual content suits many of us just fine, but isn’t it almost impossible to win without an emotional feeling-based hook for the left-brains to grab onto?

MT on July 30, 2007 at 5:17 PM

Sorry… Fred was supposed to be struck out.

MT on July 30, 2007 at 5:17 PM

Adultery isn’t against the law in the USA.

ThackerAgency on July 30, 2007 at 3:50 PM

FYI, adultery is a crime in many states it’s just not prosecuted most of the time.

12thman on July 30, 2007 at 5:28 PM

Rove looks pretty good with a wig on.

right2bright on July 30, 2007 at 5:32 PM

LegendHasIt on July 30, 2007 at 2:46 PM

WOW, that’s exactly what I was thinking when I heard the chanting.

BobH on July 30, 2007 at 5:44 PM

I agree with several people agove that the signer was a Plant

the Pantsuit’s SS protection is hyper-vigilant, and they do not let someone with a sign that bid get anywhere near her

but……the Silky Pony is the only candidate with a clear vision for America, in re Reagan? Really? Really?

Come on, really?

–shakes head, sighs…….

Janos Hunyadi on July 30, 2007 at 5:54 PM

No way it was a plant! Come on! I can’t imagine they would want to remind the American people how COLD and power hungry this woman is.

It was say something over the top if they wanted to generate sympathy. Like “Hillary=babykiller” or something like that.

Rightwingsparkle on July 30, 2007 at 5:55 PM

was=would

Rightwingsparkle on July 30, 2007 at 5:56 PM

The problem is……

When conservatives expose another conservative, they are viewed as having values, but when we expose a liberal, we are just being politicians. Edwards et al don’t expose Hillary for her villainous history. If they did, she’d be radioactive for the rest of her political life.

Oh, you’d like an example? Ted Kennedy. Jefferson. The Clenis.

csdeven on July 30, 2007 at 6:02 PM

LegendHasIt on July 30, 2007 at 2:46 PM
WOW, that’s exactly what I was thinking when I heard the chanting.
BobH on July 30, 2007 at 5:44 PM

Yea, makes you wonder.

Mazztek on July 30, 2007 at 6:05 PM

Don,t get fooled(vast right wing conspiracy in Hillary,s
own mind).
We know Hillary all to well(remember Monica and Bill),
Hillary ran the whole media operation.

This was one of her own,trust me on this,
the “PROTESTOR was a PLANTED.

canopfor on July 30, 2007 at 6:50 PM

Thanks Profesor Blather, I don’t understand why everyone thinks he’s a non-starter. I think he’s one of the most qualified persons out there for the job.

4shoes on July 30, 2007 at 8:02 PM

Yea, makes you wonder.
Mazztek on July 30, 2007 at 6:05 PM

Dang! Great find. It was exactly the same.

————————————————–

As far as being a plant, I wouldn’t bet either way; Be easy enough to smuggle in the ‘attack’ sign in between a couple of big “hillary” placards.

But by the same token, the clintons are known for pulling such stunts.

LegendHasIt on July 30, 2007 at 9:25 PM

She was a plant- no question.

Ex-tex on July 31, 2007 at 10:19 AM