Quote of the day

posted at 11:05 pm on July 30, 2007 by Allahpundit

“There is a very strong group within the party that I think doesn’t take the threat of Islamist terrorism seriously enough.”

Comments

I was hoping it was Hillary, caught offguard, but knew who it really had to be.

profitsbeard on July 30, 2007 at 11:12 PM

Even though I think Joe leaves open the possibility of switching teams, he really only does it as a leveraging tool. I don’t think he’d actually do it, and it’s a gag that has run its course. I totally support his opinion on the Iraq war and congratulate him on being a clear-thinking politician. But really, change sides already.

thedecider on July 30, 2007 at 11:17 PM

Ya think?

infidel4life on July 30, 2007 at 11:33 PM

There is a very strong large group within the party that I think doesn’t take the threat of Islamist terrorism seriously enough at all.

There Joe, I fixed it for you.

kjspeedial on July 30, 2007 at 11:47 PM

I disagree AP. I think the quote of the day is:

“Ace is good people. We go way back. I used to make the geek do my science homework for me in sixth grade. And also some gay stuff. Not super-gay stuff or anything. Just stuff with my wiener.” ~Rich “Psycho” Giamboni,Special AoSHQ Correspondent

TheEJS on July 30, 2007 at 11:53 PM

I don’t think Joe ever will, but it’s good to know he can be leverage against the Dims.

rightside on July 31, 2007 at 12:00 AM

Of course this just means that Joe is going to be target #1 again.

Cant have free thinkers in the democratic party

William Amos on July 31, 2007 at 12:18 AM

Is there a pc move to change the name of islamic terrorism to islamist terrorism or something?

Kevin M on July 31, 2007 at 12:25 AM

Diagnosis, the democrat party is infected with Bush Derangement Syndrome.

Kini on July 31, 2007 at 12:32 AM

Who would be willing to trade Specter for Lieberman?

What I would love to see is how say 10 or 15 independents would influence the Senate.

Speakup on July 31, 2007 at 12:41 AM

Y’don’t say?

John from OPFOR on July 31, 2007 at 12:47 AM

No if he switched to a repub you guys would rip him to shreds if he didn’t agree with you and call him a heretic. I think he best stay where he is.

tomas on July 31, 2007 at 12:49 AM

tomas on July 31, 2007 at 12:49 AM

I agree and disagree. Liebs is an old-school patriotic democrat, they don’t make ‘em like that anymore. The Democrat Party desperately needs more straight shooters like him.

On the other hand if he were to jump ship I think he’s gained the respect of many a conservative.

infidel4life on July 31, 2007 at 12:57 AM

Really?
It wouldn’t be those pesky Michael “there is no terrorist threat” Moore types, would it Joe?

CyberCipher on July 31, 2007 at 12:59 AM

Liberman is like the old school dems who were liberal on social issues and conservative on foreign policy. The old Scoop Jackson wing.

Ted Kennedy killed and ate that wing of the party.

William Amos on July 31, 2007 at 1:04 AM

Ted Kennedy killed and ate that wing of the party.

William Amos on July 31, 2007 at 1:04 AM

Damn, that musta been one fat wing.

infidel4life on July 31, 2007 at 1:07 AM

Ha Ha Leibs won’t be supporting a democrat presidential candidate. You GO JOE!! Ha Ha

sonnyspats1 on July 31, 2007 at 3:09 AM

It is nice to have Joe voting on the Republican side once in a while, but he is not conservative and should not become a Republican. We have enough Liberals in the Republican party and in the Congress.

It’s time the conservative radio talk shows, reporters and others quit trying to convince him to switch. Do you hear me Sean Hanity?

Helloyawl on July 31, 2007 at 5:40 AM

Say it ain’t so!

TheSitRep on July 31, 2007 at 6:26 AM

One of the only The only Senate Democrat that I respect. I totally disagree with him on nearly all domestic matters, and therefore would never accept him as a Republican. (unless it was used as a tactic to regain control of the senate) I do admire him on forign policy issues. He is from the mold of “loyal opposition”, something that used to be common in politics but is not as of late.

conservnut on July 31, 2007 at 7:14 AM

Who would be willing to trade Specter for Lieberman?

Why would the “rats” trade for something that constantly votes with them anyway? One of the Bush administration’s biggest failures is showing loyalty to the RINOs. Specter, Voinovich, Chafey, the hags from Maine- All disloyal turncoats who shouldn’t get a dime from the GOP coffers.

highhopes on July 31, 2007 at 8:22 AM

Helloyawl on July 31, 2007 at 5:40 AM

Word.

Jaibones on July 31, 2007 at 9:27 AM

Silky Pony started reading about the issue on a bumper sticker and is just about finished reading.

saved on July 31, 2007 at 9:33 AM

Like many of you, I admire Sen. Lieberman’s position on the war on terror and on most defense issues. I think he should remain an Independent. The Senator is liberal or progressive on many domestic issues. Trade him for Sen. Spector ? I think not. It would be great to see Sen. Lieberman change his position on the 2nd amendment issues and on other domestic issues, but I don’t think that will change. I think he best stay where he is, an independent.

2theright on July 31, 2007 at 10:35 AM