Author: Che was Cuba’s Himmler

posted at 5:08 pm on July 30, 2007 by Bryan

Does Johnny Depp realize that the man he’s emulating and wearing around his neck was a murderous beast? Probably not. He’s a useful idiot

depp.jpg

Author Humberto Fontnova has a book coming out titled Exposing the Real Che Guevara and the Useful Idiots Who Idolize Him. Here’s part one of a two-part interview Fontnova gave to CNS. Read the whole thing.

Cybercast News Service: What do you consider to be some of Guevara’s greatest crimes or offenses that people today should know about?

Humberto Fontova: He was the chief executioner. He performed for the Cuban revolution what Heinrich Himmler performed for the Nazis. Everything Che Guevara did was directed by Fidel Castro. Early on, when they were in the mountains, Castro realized that Che seemed to relish executing little farm boys. There were executions carried out, carried out in the mountains, of so-called informers. I interviewed many people who witnessed those executions. There was no due process.

Che Guevara wrote a letter to his father in 1957 and to his abandoned wife. In the letter to her, he wrote, “I’m here in Cuba’s hills, alive and thirsting for blood.” Then, to his father, “I really like killing.” The man was a clinical sadist, whereas Fidel Castro you could describe as a psychopath in that the murders did not affect him one way or the other. It was a means to an end – the consolidation of his one-man rule. Che has a famous quote, where he wrote, a revolutionary has to become “a cold killing machine.” The thing was, Che Guevara was anything but cold. He was a warm killing machine. He relished the slaughter.

Cybercast News Service: Are there reliable estimates on the number of people killed by Guevara or killed as a result of his policies or orders?

Humberto Fontova: He was put in charge of the execution squads in early 1959. He stayed in charge of the prison where most of the executions took place in Havana. And in the months he was in charge there, about four months until July 1959, the estimates run from 500 to 1,182 men and boys sent to the firing squad without due process. But the system he set in place for the executions … in that system of justice, according to “The Black Book of Communism” – the definitive source – by the mid-sixties, 14,000 men and boys had been executed in Cuba. That was the year, December 1964, when Che Guevara … addressed the General Assembly, and he said: “Executions? Certainly we execute. And we will continue executing as long as it is necessary!” So, in other words, he still claimed the system. It was still his system at work.

I’m sure that if he ever hears this, it’ll make no difference to Depp or Robert Redford or any other of Hollywood’s many useful idiots.

Comments

Truth: the moonbats enemy.They will squash it as much as possible to be true believers in the foul Utopian fantasy/horror show in their inept little minds.

bbz123 on July 30, 2007 at 5:14 PM

I have a couple of “anti-Che” shirts from thoseshirts.com. While at “Moe’s Southwestern Grill” (WELCOME TO MOE’S!!!) last week, the young hipster doofus with the long hair and gottee serving up the tortilla chips, asked me, “so–do you hate, like Che Guevara, or like, just the people who wear those shirts?”

I replied, “both.” That threw him for a loop and he was strangely quiet after that.

robblefarian on July 30, 2007 at 5:17 PM

This would imply that these useful idiot celebs’ ideas and preconceptions were/are wrong – an admission none of them will ever make.

Hoodlumman on July 30, 2007 at 5:17 PM

Makes it all the more “sexy” to idolize Che. If the mainstream culture thinks it is wrong, they (Hollywood) thinks it’s right.

That little sexy bad boy. The image, that is what it is all about, just the image.

Put him in a room full of exiled Cubans, and lets see him be the “sexy bad boy”. He would be squealing like a pig, or crying like the so many young men who fell at the hand of this murderous beast.

right2bright on July 30, 2007 at 5:18 PM

The left’s love affair with people who are associated with totalitarianism, murder, genocide, etc. is almost comic. They neither know nor want to know the truth about what these people did in order to enforce and advance their ideologies. To do that would be to admit that their own ideologies are a sham.

Kowboy on July 30, 2007 at 5:18 PM

I can’t picture Humphrey Bogart wearing a little Goebbels pendant or Robert Mitchum with a shiny Mao button.

Better actors; better humans; better country.

Now I won’t watch any more of JD’s films until he repents for his callous vacuousness.

profitsbeard on July 30, 2007 at 5:19 PM

profitsbeard on July 30, 2007 at 5:19 PM

Last flick I watched with him in it was “Once Upon a Time in Mexico”. I have to admit I enjoyed the scene where his character had his eyes removed.

Kowboy on July 30, 2007 at 5:21 PM

It is always fun to ask people wearing Che shirts whether or not they know who Che really was and the things that he was responsible for.

I have yet to meet anyone sporting Che-wear who knew the truth about him (or, at least, admitted to know and still defended it).

PBoilermaker on July 30, 2007 at 5:23 PM

Seriously, how long do you think it will be before a major celebrity starts wearing bin Laden on his shirt?

CookeyD on July 30, 2007 at 5:26 PM

My favorite t-shirt in my wardrobe at present is one of those with Che’s mug inside a circle and slash, and the caption “Commies Aren’t Cool”.

I make a point of wearing it when I’m going somewhere likely to be infested with useful idiots.

flipflop on July 30, 2007 at 5:28 PM

I love how when he was surrounded by Bolivian SF (and CIA operatives) he surrendered. He didn’t even surrender quietly, opting instead to make sure they knew he was trying to avoid getting it.

TheEJS on July 30, 2007 at 5:30 PM

CookeyD, I bet it won’t be long. Further, it will be applauded by libs. I can just hear the smug justification now:

“OBL was trying to stop the murderous policies of Bush and Cheney. Bush killed millions and lied, but people still have W stickers on their cars. Shouldn’t you be more upset with W and his supporters?”

PBoilermaker on July 30, 2007 at 5:32 PM

These are the same people who demonize the Founding Fathers for owning slaves and idolize people like Mao and Stalin, who killed millions. Everything the left claims to fight for are the same things they perpetuate.

But I like Johnny Depp as an actor, dang it. Jack Sparrow is one of my favorite characters ever. *sigh* You have to admit, that despite his anti-Americanism, he truly is a brilliant actor.

wherestherum on July 30, 2007 at 5:33 PM

Historical analogies are always tricky–and Che thankfully did not live long enough to get an Extermination Apparatus fully Up & Running, but this is a valid analogy

Che was dumber than Heinrich, in that he went into an area where most of the people did not speak Spanish, and he was quickly turned in as a wierd foreigner who was Talking Crazy

Janos Hunyadi on July 30, 2007 at 5:33 PM

That’s fight against, not for. Dammit, I should proof read better before I hit submit.

wherestherum on July 30, 2007 at 5:34 PM

wherestherum on July 30, 2007 at 5:33 PM

They say the same thing about Hanoi Jane. I don’t watch movies with her in them either.

Kowboy on July 30, 2007 at 5:34 PM

I’ve stumbled across a couple of people wearing Che shirts as I ride to and from work on the train here in Dallas. Both times I asked these people if they even knew who Che was and what he was responsible for. Neither of these “useful” idiots had a clue. They just thought it was a “cool shirt”. Sadly, most people wearing these shirts and other Che trinkets are completely clueless about history. No one teaches them this in school; or its a paragraph or two.

RobG on July 30, 2007 at 5:34 PM

Pol Pot was kinda cute, too.

And skulls are so rad, dude.

Add a marijuana leaf and you can’t go wrong.

YEAR ZERO- the coolest time ever“.

Daft schmucks.

profitsbeard on July 30, 2007 at 5:34 PM

Kowboy on July 30, 2007 at 5:34 PM

Never seen HER movies, that’s for sure, so can’t say if she really is good or not. Crap, Pirates of the Caribbean (the first one) is my favorite movie. I can’t just not watch it. This sucks.

*sigh* Can’t these idiot actors just shut up and act? Why are they asked about their political views anyway? How is what they think more important than what the average person thinks?

wherestherum on July 30, 2007 at 5:38 PM

Depp isn’t an intellectual. He’s just a pretty face.

Kowboy on July 30, 2007 at 5:21 PM

I liked his character in that one, especially with him wearing shirts like “FBI” or something, when he actually was whatever the shirt said.

Plus there was his line, “Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN’T?”

There was this online t-shirt place that had a “RepubliCAN or RepubliCAN’T” t-shirts, but they don’t seem to have them anymore.

Esthier on July 30, 2007 at 5:38 PM

Man! I hate it when hot guys are stupid.

Rightwingsparkle on July 30, 2007 at 5:50 PM

You all do know that this cover was from February of 2005, right?

Here’s the article from then, it doesn’t mention Che at all.

tine on July 30, 2007 at 6:05 PM

You all do know that this cover was from February of 2005, right?

Here’s the article from then, it doesn’t mention Che at all.

tine on July 30, 2007 at 6:05 PM

I was unaware of that. Mostly because I won’t even keep Rolling Stone around to paper train a puppy. They won’t go on it because that would be redundant.

Regardless of when the picture was taken, I bet he’s still got the necklace today and wears it. He knows no more about Che than any other useful idiot.

Kowboy on July 30, 2007 at 6:09 PM

Man! I hate it when hot guys are stupid.
Rightwingsparkle on July 30, 2007 at 5:50 PM

That’s why there are bruises around blond girl’s navels. Blond guys are dumb, too.

Mazztek on July 30, 2007 at 6:10 PM

I like Depp as an actor too, but his love for Che goes back several years.

Later that evening, I met Depp, Allen and Albert Hughes, and other members of the cast for dinner. Depp looked like an exhausted rock musician who’s spent one too many nights in the tour bus while promoting an album unsupported by his record label. Ballpoint -ink drawings covered the white surface of his looped painter’s pants, and he was wearing a Rage Against the Machine T-shirt with a blown-up image of Che Guevara. Depp digs Che, as well as the Black Panthers, Basquiat, Mingus, Coltrane, and the Hamburgler.

That’s from a 2001 interview with Vibe. He’s a typical Hollywood mushhead.

Bryan on July 30, 2007 at 6:17 PM

He was just executing American stooges and CIA officers, everyone knows this. Its just anti-right wing and Cuban self-racism that they don’t see the wisdom in uncle Fidel’s work.

Why is it White Liberals get so much joy representing racists in other countries then calling the true freedom supporters racists?

Defector01 on July 30, 2007 at 6:21 PM

you can get Fontova’s book “Fidel” used cheap, read last summer and was blown away by what Castro/Che really are and almost everyone is clueless about. Sheds alot of light on Cuban Missile crises and JFK and why we took on Commie’s in Vietnam and left alone the commies off our shores screwing up one of our paradises.

jp on July 30, 2007 at 6:32 PM

Why is it White Liberals get so much joy representing racists (and dictators) in other countries then calling the true freedom supporters racists (and nazis)?

Defector01 on July 30, 2007 at 6:21 PM

Defector01, please indulge me the parenthetical inserts, to easier explain.

The obvious is sometimes so simple (and comes across as simpleton). However, the answer is one such:

they never had to live as a commoner under such a tyrant. As guests or propagandists they’re treated like royalty. Thus, they don’t know. Idealism is their bliss. Utopia.

Entelechy on July 30, 2007 at 6:33 PM

If anyone has stats, I’d like to know the influx of permanent residency of free people into Cuba, Venezuela, Burma/Myanmar, China, North Korea…A few kooks went to the former U.S.S.R (who knows under which function and for what payment) but I don’t recall any coming to the communist bloc I lived in. It was unheard of.

Entelechy on July 30, 2007 at 6:44 PM

Bryan,

I would be willing to bet he knows nothing about the history of Che or the Black Panthers, except maybe for romantic versions he has heard from Hollywood friends.

It’s all about “revolution” and going against “the man” and “fighting the power for the people.”

It makes one want to throw up.

Rightwingsparkle on July 30, 2007 at 6:53 PM

CookeyD on July 30, 2007 at 5:26 PM

Man, it sounds ridiculous at first, but you’ve got a point. I’s probably only a matter of time…

Dork B. on July 30, 2007 at 6:54 PM

Esthier on July 30, 2007 at 5:38 PM

Did you guys see the consrvative tee that had the famous Che headshot but with Ronald Reagan’s grinning face? It says VIVA LA REAGAN REVELUCION!
I loved it; should’ve bought one. I may have seen that linked from Michelle’s site…

Dork B. on July 30, 2007 at 6:58 PM

wherestherum on July 30, 2007 at 5:33 PM

Depp doesn’t bother me as much as some of the other idiots in Hollywood do.

He actually packed up and moved to France. The fact that he backed up his “I prefer Europe” crap with an actual move to Europe went a long way towards annoying me less.

Unfortunately, the mad Che love can’t really be ‘glossed’ over.

I still think he’s not as bad as Hanoi Jane. He’s never gone to a combat zone as a guest of our enemies. Of course, that could just be because he hasn’t been invited yet, but, until he does, he’s one up on her.

JadeNYU on July 30, 2007 at 7:03 PM

yeah, Depp has no idea who Che was,

….but it’s likely that all of those necklaces were part of the wardrobe given to him by the magazine.

Opinionnation on July 30, 2007 at 7:13 PM

Dork B. on July 30, 2007 at 6:58 PM

try thoseshirts.com

TexasDan on July 30, 2007 at 7:19 PM

The most ironic part is Depp’s friend, Benicio del Toro will be playing the part of “Che” in an upcoming movie called “The Argentine” currently in production.

kiakjones on July 30, 2007 at 7:28 PM

Sooooooo…is this movie sympathetic to Che like Motorcycle Diaries?

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was.

Fight the machine, right?

PBoilermaker on July 30, 2007 at 7:33 PM

I forgot to add he’s filming two movies at the same time, the other one is called “Guerilla”. By the way Steven Soderbergh is directing these future Academy Award winners. /snark

kiakjones on July 30, 2007 at 7:40 PM

JOHNNY DEPP

Ignorant at Heart

4shoes on July 30, 2007 at 7:41 PM

Slate magazine has actually published a truthful article about Che, the monster that he was, and the utter piece of useless rubbish that is The Motorcycle Diaries. It’s better than the puff piece over at Wikipedia.

BigOrangeAxe on July 30, 2007 at 8:27 PM

Mazztek on July 30, 2007 at 6:10 PM

hehehehehehehe

There’s actually an old Magyar proverb about that……

Janos Hunyadi on July 30, 2007 at 8:38 PM

Got that one too! HA! And the one that says “Ice Cold Conservative” in the Coca Cola style.

When we go down to Disneyworld, I make it a point to wear my anti-Che shirts. I’ve had old Cuban men and women walk up to me and shake my hand. I even ran into a Cuban gentleman in Mousegear at EPCOT and he made the slashing motion over his wrist and then pointed at my shirt and said “murderer.” He then smiled and waved and bid me a good day.

My wife doesn’t mind the Che shirts–but she refuses to let me wear my “Hippies Smell” shirt in public. HA!

robblefarian on July 30, 2007 at 9:37 PM

crap–I meant slashing motion over his THROAT! Sorry!

robblefarian on July 30, 2007 at 9:38 PM

I’ve known about depp for a while, of course. But every time on of these Hollywooders opens their mouth, I end up saying I’ll never buy a DVd or go see their movie/watch their show again. Saving money, but damn, hardly anything left to watch.

PowWow on July 30, 2007 at 10:23 PM

Used to have a car with an oval sticker on the bumper that had the word CHE in it, with a circle and a line through it. Someone I know saw it and asked me if I was anti-Che. I said yes, he was a murdering, bloodthirsty thug who is idolized as a revolutionary.

The guy said, and I swear I’m not making this up, “Well. . .didn’t you see The Motorcycle Diaries? He wasn’t a killer in that movie.”

This is a normally sane, smart, funny guy saying this to me. I just looked at him and replied, “I don’t need to read Mein Kampf to know that Hitler was just as much as a bloodthirsty thug.”

He immediately changed the subject.

Gottafang on July 30, 2007 at 10:44 PM

Oh, yeah, Bryan, he’s a great actor! I love his drunk transvestite pirate character; classic…

As for his love of Che, I am reminded about a t-shirt that Val Prieto was selling at BabaluBlog. It had the famous Che picture in black with a bullet hole in Guevara’s forehead, and blood dripping down his face. But it was tastefully done.

Promised myself one, but never got it. I wanted to wear it whenever I pick up my daughter at the University of Illinois. Bet Val can still get ‘em.

Jaibones on July 30, 2007 at 11:26 PM

I was driving down I-5 on my way home from REI this evening and saw a truck emblazoned with Che’s famous portrait. The name of the trucking company (probably one truck by the looks of it)? Le Chele Trucking.

Natch.

Bob's Kid on July 31, 2007 at 12:01 AM

Man! I hate it when hot guys are stupid.

Rightwingsparkle on July 30, 2007 at 5:50 PM

I’m hot and… I’m not stupid.

Mcguyver on July 31, 2007 at 12:32 AM

For some reason libs LOVE ruthless dictators. I think it’s because they have ultimate power which is what all libs crave.

Mojave Mark on July 31, 2007 at 1:32 AM

I’m hot and… I’m not stupid.

Mcguyver on July 31, 2007 at 12:32 AM

That there is comedy gold.

I just count myself as lucky that none of my lib friends have bought into the Che crap. At least none that I know of. I guess it’s not a topic that comes up often.

krakatoa on July 31, 2007 at 2:01 AM

If you don’t like their politics STOP giving them money by seeing their films. It’s not that hard to do.

Ernest on July 31, 2007 at 9:36 AM

I’m about a third through “Exposing Che Guevara” and I highly recommend it. It’s very readable and does a good job of undoing all that heroic crap surrounding Che. It also gives you a lot of talking points to toss at dimwitted kids wearing Che T-shirts.

For example, you can ask them if they are for capital punishment, because Che was all about capital punishment. He signed death warrants by the pile with nary a glance. He killed men, women, children, even pregnant women and children begging to know what they had done. He often did the executions himself. When asked by his subordinates what evidence he had against his victims, he would tell them he would manufacture the evidence later. Later, when they had show trial for the accused, the verdicts would be posted before the trials started.

You might ask the Che shirt wearers if they are for book burning. Che was. It’s the first thing he did when Fidel took over Havanna, make a big pile of books in the street and set fire to them.

You might ask the Che kids if they oppose rock and roll. Che did. Che made rock and roll illegal. He thought it demonstrated an unruly attitude. Kids playing it were locked up under a set of laws he enacted against anti-revolutionary tendencies.

Che was against individualism. He often stated that individualism should be stamped out, that young people should unquestioningly obey the state and its leaders. Run that by the Che shirt wearers and get their take on that.

YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK! It will load you up with ammo to use on the thick-skulled lefties.

Tantor on July 31, 2007 at 10:26 AM

I’m hot and… I’m not stupid.

Mcguyver on July 31, 2007 at 12:32 AM
——————————————-
That there is comedy gold.

krakatoa on July 31, 2007 at 2:01 AM

You have liberal friends, too?

Any ideas on how to whittle down on the destined-to-have-liberal-friends syndrome.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mcguyver on July 31, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Che was real trouble, and he got his in Bolivia. I heard it wasn’t an easy and painless exit for Che.

I also heard he has some grown kids running around out there somewhere that didn’t follow in their father’s footsteps.

saiga on November 5, 2007 at 1:41 PM