Video: In search of … Murtha’s lost earmark

posted at 4:28 pm on July 29, 2007 by Allahpundit

Tribal elders speak of a “Center for Instrumented Critical Infrastructure” since lost to time but which some say still exists among us now, somewhere deep in the Pennsylvania wilderness. MK and Katie Favazza set out to find this mythical nonprofit and determine what dark purpose it served, or serves. Human sacrifice? A sophisticated astronomical calendar? Or a corporate shell used to receive de facto kickbacks of taxpayer money from John Murtha as thanks for a pal’s campaign contributions? All that’s missing is the Leonard Nimoy voiceover.

Production values are still lagging but MK’s got some mad editing skillz, I’ll tell you what. Click the image to watch.

ctci.jpg

Comments

Murtha is nothing more than a professional con-artist.

How does a crook like that keep getting elected?

infidel4life on July 29, 2007 at 4:40 PM

I vote we retask the IRS to audit all Federal expenditures, or at least get me a menu of what Murtha is selling. Can I get, say, a $500,000 earmark if I come up with a snazzy name and a suitable campaign donation?

trubble on July 29, 2007 at 4:41 PM

Allah, I’ve found that the Townhall video player only seems to work about 10% of the time. Is there any other way you can give us these feeds?

Longhorn Six on July 29, 2007 at 4:43 PM

Good video on Johnstown by Ham – friendly people and Murtha’s pork – fair enough. Sad to say, but the pork is probably the biggest industry in that town now.

Sometimes I wonder if Murtha and Byrd are related.

forest on July 29, 2007 at 4:45 PM

So, John Murtha and Dianne Feinstein are allowed to get away with what Put Randy “Duke” Cunningham in prison why? Oh yea, silly me, they’re Democrats.

doriangrey on July 29, 2007 at 4:45 PM

The HamNations are good stuff. It would be nice if they got on FOXNews or something (which would probably pay for better production).

frankj on July 29, 2007 at 4:52 PM

Longhorn Six on July 29, 2007 at 4:43 PM

Got lucky and viewed the video at Townhall, but the original observation still holds.

Longhorn Six on July 29, 2007 at 4:54 PM

Someone needs to buy MK a wireless mike.

Rod on July 29, 2007 at 4:55 PM

I agree, good story, but MK is not a good speaker.

wryteacher on July 29, 2007 at 5:04 PM

Rod,

And a better quality camera at that too.

terryannonline on July 29, 2007 at 5:07 PM

I live about 40 miles from Johnstown; it’s a dying town.

Especially downtown.

Zach on July 29, 2007 at 5:09 PM

How does a crook like that keep getting elected?

The same way they do in most of old America. They buy votes through earmarks. So many families have a financial interest in these people getting re-elected that they donate, work the campaign and turn out the vote.

TheBigOldDog on July 29, 2007 at 5:12 PM

I found this. Is this the same CTC or something else?

kiakjones on July 29, 2007 at 5:21 PM

The content was strong, but the production values could have been tweaked a bit better. If given a GOOD address, I would happily kick in a contribution to assist MKH in purchasing audio-video equipment to help in the cause.

Mary could be the FNC’s answer to ABC News’ John Stossel if somebody over there would wise up and hire her (and her co-hort) immediately!

itzWicks on July 29, 2007 at 5:28 PM

sad to say i’m from Murtha’s district.. Drive’s me nuts, everybody in my fam. keeps voting for him because they just wont forget the jobs he brought to the area when the mine’s and steel mills closed. I will give him credit for that, but on the large scale the guy is a bum and needs to go!!! they all have the small town mindset and dont really care what he does in congress, as long as he keeps some people employed. He’s like a god there!! We would think after they would soon get sick of him but, i wouldent be supprised if he gets elected to another term!!!! disgusting

gberez on July 29, 2007 at 5:30 PM

Ugh, that anything is named after Murtha is a disgrace! If there will anything honest left in politics, he’d be serving time behind bars!

synycalwon on July 29, 2007 at 5:33 PM

Oops, will were

synycalwon on July 29, 2007 at 5:34 PM

Very nice MKH. Mad editing skills. As for Murtha? He should be hung from a tree limb.

Griz on July 29, 2007 at 5:37 PM

Well done, Mary Katharine Ham and Katie Favazza should get more (hot) air time.

John Murtha should also get more air time so that he will be done as a rep.

TunaTalon on July 29, 2007 at 5:40 PM

Well, Nice excuse for a road trip.

Seems like there should be more investigation into this, Possibly involving Freedom of Information Act stuff, at least calling a couple days ahead to make appointments, etc. Maybe getting someone from a more recognized media outlet (Not to take anything away from MKHs entertaining effort).

I’d love to see Murtha ‘hoist by his own petard’.

LegendHasIt on July 29, 2007 at 5:59 PM

His pork has relocated to okinawa

William Amos on July 29, 2007 at 6:17 PM

Murthaand other morons like him, keep getting elected precisely because of these pork projects. The voters in his district don’t want that gravy train to stop any more than the other morons constituencies do. Everyone is outraged at the other districts.

commonsensehoosier on July 29, 2007 at 7:18 PM

He calls our soldiers murderers. He wastes our tax dollars on things that don’t even exist. We need to send John Murtha packing next election.

SoulGlo on July 29, 2007 at 7:25 PM

Production values are still lagging

I agree. The material is of an extremely high quality. MKH is clever, funny and on point, especially in this segment; but if you can’t hear it; it doesn’t do much good. Fundraiser for sound equipment? I’d donate a fin (or two).

melchitt on July 29, 2007 at 7:33 PM

All that’s missing is the Leonard Nimoy voiceover.

And here I thought I was the only one who watched that show!

CurtZHP on July 29, 2007 at 7:42 PM

Murtha and other morons like him, keep getting elected precisely because of these pork projects.
…Everyone is outraged at the other districts.
commonsensehoosier on July 29, 2007 at 7:18 PM

Hence the reason for the new company:

Center for Instrumented Instantaneous Critical Infrastructure Infatuation

..because otherwise people would fall out of love with St. Jack

Mcguyver on July 29, 2007 at 7:45 PM

Is this the same Townhall that was on Compuserve in the pre-web days? The one thing I still recall from it, was the people on it were increadible snobs, (well at least to me).

Mark was here on July 29, 2007 at 7:55 PM

Anyone see a revolt in the near future? ’08 maybe

oldernslower on July 29, 2007 at 8:04 PM

That was well done. In the picture displayed here on the blog she should probably be on the right side of the shot so that the whole sign could be read. But this was well done.

She should do some ‘vents’ too. It could be like vent with Hamm Nation. MORE VENTS!

ThackerAgency on July 29, 2007 at 9:59 PM

I was unable to play the video.

purpleslog on July 29, 2007 at 10:05 PM

I’ve tried several times to view the video and it won’t play. Can someone give us a synopsis of what they found out?

reine.de.tout on July 29, 2007 at 10:24 PM

Someone should tell MK that the crappy Flash player TownHall uses must be riddled with adware scripts or something. If Ad Blocker Plus (a Firefox extension) is preventing the video from running, that says volumes because I have no problems with 99% of all other players and formats.

Coronagold on July 29, 2007 at 10:35 PM

Of course it works fine in IE7. IE7 doesn’t block semi-malicious scripts.

Coronagold on July 29, 2007 at 10:40 PM

I’m sure it was a truly lovely video with great information, but as usual I can’t watch any *&$#@*% videos on townhall for some reason. How can I be denied MK? Why God? Why?

gator70 on July 29, 2007 at 11:49 PM

Murtha is such a disgrace. He is a disgrace as a representative and he’s a disgrace to the Marine Corps, and this coming from me, a former Marine. I wonder how many millions this old thief has stolen from the taxpayers of this country to keep himself in office. What really should be audited is every congressional earmark, where did it go and who received it, then, if the recipient of the earmark was a contributor to that representative’s campaign, the representative should be taxed for the donation (or make it an illegal donation) and the recipient of the earmark should be taxed for the earmark as income.

LawCon on July 30, 2007 at 8:29 AM

Ms. Ham and Ms. Favazza are both cute. Grrrrr.

p.s. Murtha is a corrupt SOB!

Troy Rasmussen on July 30, 2007 at 5:22 PM

My favorite Murtha Photoshop

RMCS_USN on July 30, 2007 at 6:01 PM

kiakjones: You are correct. That is the same CTC–Concurrent Technologies.

All: So sorry about the technical issues. As most of you know, we launched this video player fairly recently and we’re still working out the bugs. And seriously–the Southside Saloon is a great stop for a beer or 6.

KatieFavazza on July 30, 2007 at 6:16 PM