The 50 most beautiful people on Capitol Hill

posted at 4:16 pm on July 25, 2007 by Allahpundit

Pelosi’s in at number four to remind us that grandmas can be “hot” too.

I didn’t know Connie Mack was dating Mary Bono, though. Love under the dome!

Comments

If I were 6, 9 or 10, I’d be pretty pissed to be below pelosi.

Her being #4 does remind us that washington is like hollywood for the ugly people.

lorien1973 on July 25, 2007 at 4:20 PM

No story that quotes “Robin Givhan” is worth reading.

Jaibones on July 25, 2007 at 4:23 PM

Pelosi’s in at number four to remind us that grandmas can be “hot” too.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

amerpundit on July 25, 2007 at 4:29 PM

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Especially when one blinks at 90 miles per hour.

Kini on July 25, 2007 at 4:31 PM

Will someone let FOX News know about this. If they run out of idiot drunk celebs. to cover 24/7 this gives them some new fodder for their “news reporting”…

sabbott on July 25, 2007 at 4:34 PM

I’m not surprised Nancy made the top 10

Palomino

definition of Palomino
Sorry AP please don’t ban Me

abinitioadinfinitum on July 25, 2007 at 4:35 PM

Pelosi’s in at number four to remind us that grandmas can be “hot” too.

I had to double-check the masthead when I saw that. I thought AP’s link had sent me to The Onion.

SailorDave on July 25, 2007 at 4:38 PM

Could these people be any more preoccupied with their silly little selves? The self importance is part of the problem with the beltway. All they have done is shown us that there is no difference between the elitism of the Beltway and that of Hollywood.

400lb Gorilla on July 25, 2007 at 4:42 PM

It really bothers me, when Pelosi doesn’t blink for 25 minutes at a time.

OhEssYouCowboys on July 25, 2007 at 4:42 PM

I wonder where James Traficant ranked before his ass got hauled off to jail…

Bad Candy on July 25, 2007 at 4:44 PM

As usual, just another vehicle to promote the concept that Democrats are the approved model (token Repubs to appear balanced).

naliaka on July 25, 2007 at 4:44 PM

Pelosi’s inner skank overtakes any grandmotherly hotness. Not that I’m buying that characterization, mind you.

BillLalor on July 25, 2007 at 4:45 PM

:O|

OhEssYouCowboys on July 25, 2007 at 4:45 PM

The most beautiful people on Capitol Hill are the folks who understand that this nonsense is not what Washington, politics, or the news is supposed to be about. I don’t care if Pelosi is hot or not. I just don’t care. This is going to sound really sexist but ever since women became the majority of the electorate our political coverage has come to more and more resemble Tiger Beat magazine. Whoever this Betsy Rothstein is that wrote this trash is an example of what I’ve heard Limbaugh refer to as “chic news”. I don’t want to fall into the stereotype the libs put up of the neanderthal, sexist, conservative. I really don’t want to be that guy. But this stuff really pushes me pretty close.

Pregnant. Barefoot. Kitchen.

Sounds better with each passing day.

Misha I on July 24, 2007 at 9:08 PM

Somebody please tell me why Misha I is wrong. Please.

D0WNT0WN on July 25, 2007 at 4:51 PM

Pretty weak for a top 50. They need more southern girls….

roux on July 25, 2007 at 4:56 PM

Pelosi’s in at number four to remind us that grandmas can be “hot” too.

I believe the proper term for this is G.I.L.F.
although I do not think it applies to leatherface Pelosi
Susan Lucci…. yes
Sophia Loren… yes
Tina Turner…. yes

Joey1974 on July 25, 2007 at 4:58 PM

nalika’s got it right. A lot more (D)’s than (R)’s in there – I call foul! Particularly since there are several in the list who will cause far fewer traffic accidents than Dep Press Secretary Dana Perino.

eeyore on July 25, 2007 at 5:01 PM

Must….NOT…Go…Into….A….Blonde Moment…rant!

PALOMINO……HAHAHAHA!

SouthernPride on July 25, 2007 at 5:01 PM

Umm where does Harry Waxman rank ?

William Amos on July 25, 2007 at 5:04 PM

Well its good to see that Skeletor got a vote since the Queen is #4…..

CrazyFool on July 25, 2007 at 5:06 PM

Umm where does Harry Waxman rank ?

Obvious joke, but he, uh…lost by a nose.

eeyore on July 25, 2007 at 5:07 PM

Passed over again thats it – I’m not voting for Fred!

EricPWJohnson on July 25, 2007 at 5:07 PM

oh, and it’s Henry Waxman

eeyore on July 25, 2007 at 5:08 PM

Sheesh. Considering how many people laugh at it, it amazes me that people still say ‘ok’ to being on this list.

Of course, that may explain the ‘beauty’ in this list. One thing is for sure, whoever said “DC is Hollywood for ugly people” wasn’t kidding.

EduardoOTI on July 25, 2007 at 5:11 PM

oh, and it’s Henry Waxman

Sorry his nose hairs I always call him Harry

William Amos on July 25, 2007 at 5:11 PM

Balance? How about only 11 of the “40 more” are Republicans (and most of them come at the bottom of the list)?

Just another example of the superficiality of our culture and how it bleeds into politics.

Exit question: Does this mean Fred! has no chance on his own merits or a better chance because of Jeri’s?

kjspeedial on July 25, 2007 at 5:12 PM

If I were 6, 9 or 10, I’d be pretty pissed to be below pelosi.

Her being #4 does remind us that washington is like hollywood for the ugly peopleDemocraps.

lorien1973 on July 25, 2007 at 4:20 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I’d say that I fixed it for ya’, but it’s pretty much interchangeable (with major exceptions, like KP; true, not just so I’m not banned!)

IrishEyes on July 25, 2007 at 5:14 PM

Get real! She isn’t called “Stretch” for nothing. She’s had so many facelifts that we know what part of her anatomy has been relocated to her mouth. Hell, she’s been speaking out of it her entire life.

Now, my positive side.

Grrrrrr! I’ve had the hots for Mary Fallsn for years. Like Global Warming she just gets “Hotter” every year. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! I ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Global Warming.

Helloyawl on July 25, 2007 at 5:24 PM

What with Political Party answers, some say none and some say unknown? The last guy doesn’t even know how his age, where he is from or if he is single or not.

abinitioadinfinitum on July 25, 2007 at 5:28 PM

Why didn’t Madame Nancy P. have a glamour shot for the article?
The following is a first hand account of what occured during Nan’s Most Beautiful Photo Shoot:

What we experienced was a woman who is desperately in need of help. And sadly she has surrounded herself with too many people who are pretending that nothing is wrong.

She let her new puppy poop on a $6,700 Zac Posen gown, wiped her greasy hands on a pink silk Alisha Levine dress, took repeated bathroom breaks without closing the door and fled after four test shots still wearing more than $14,000 of borrowed clothing. The pictures were such bad quality that they were unpublishable.

Following the photo shoot, Nan was pictured stripping down to her bra and see-through mesh panties to take an impromptu dip in the Pacific Ocean.

(Quotes courtesy of a Brit. Spears experience, ya’ll)

SouthernPride on July 25, 2007 at 5:32 PM

oh, and it’s Henry Waxman
Sorry his nose hairs I always call him Harry
William Amos on July 25, 2007 at 5:11 PM

Where can I buy some Missed Joke offsets?

eeyore on July 25, 2007 at 5:36 PM

I like the Russian broad. Great legs.

Pelosi? Hot granny??? Well, ok, as long as we’re going to call Hillary a good looking metrosexual man.

Brass Pair on July 25, 2007 at 5:36 PM

Hot Grandma’s?? What about Hot Grandpa’s!

That’s it…I’m boycotting! If John Murtha’s not included, someone in D.C. must be brain dead!

SouthernPride on July 25, 2007 at 5:39 PM

SouthernPride on July 25, 2007 at 5:32 PM

OK, that did it, just puked!

conservnut on July 25, 2007 at 5:52 PM

eeyore on July 25, 2007 at 5:01 PM

I strongly second that. Dana Perino is just hot … and she was a decent press secretary, too.

progressoverpeace on July 25, 2007 at 6:00 PM

OK, that did it, just puked!

conservnut on July 25, 2007 at 5:52 PM

The next time you are in the Land of Fruits & Nuts (which is VERY soon I’d bet!), perhaps she’ll give you a special viewing!

SouthernPride on July 25, 2007 at 6:01 PM

Pelosi’s inner skank overtakes any grandmotherly hotness.
BillLalor on July 25, 2007 at 4:45 PM

I laughed so hard I sprained my diaphragm.

The Race Card on July 25, 2007 at 6:28 PM

List is crap. No MKat MM, LB or KP. I’ve never heard of many of those other people.

Since I don’t judge dudes other than myself, the list also has less credibility because I’m not on it.

bentman78 on July 25, 2007 at 6:41 PM

Isn’t it strange that almost everyone is in their 20′s, with a few in their in their 30′s and then Pelosi.
Ugh.

Rightwingsparkle on July 25, 2007 at 6:55 PM

I perused the top 10 out of curiosity. Leave it to a Democrat to resort to racial politics, even as a joke:

6. Ooh LaLa

Name: Diana Oo
Hometown: Rangoon, Burma
Age: 28
Party Affiliation: Democrat
Status: In a relationship

Diana Oo is the product of two (apparently very attractive) doctors. Other family traits weren’t passed on.

“I completely suck at science and math,” Oo said. “It’s really going against the grain for an Asian.”

Anton on July 25, 2007 at 8:06 PM

Beauty is in the eyes of the beER holder

fixed it…

urbancenturion on July 25, 2007 at 8:17 PM

Pelosi’s in at number four to remind us that grandmas can be “hot” too.

Yeah. If you’re a great-great-grandpa widower.

It really bothers me, when Pelosi doesn’t blink for 25 minutes at a time.

OhEssYouCowboys on July 25, 2007 at 4:42 PM

She makes my eyes water too.

zb42 on July 25, 2007 at 10:08 PM

This article is biased against ugly people. I’m suing.

Lincoln on July 25, 2007 at 10:46 PM

OMG could this mean if Saint Cindy beats Nan Uh you mean to tell me NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

sonnyspats1 on July 26, 2007 at 12:46 AM

No Michelle, Mary Katherine, nor Laura (either one) were listed. Obviously, they didn’t look hard enough for the selection in this article.

Beside that, they should see some of the young Republicans that hang out with us on Friday nights at Walter Reed’s Main Gate.

Sensei Ern on July 26, 2007 at 7:42 AM

Yeah. If you’re a great-great-grandpa widower.

ANd suffer from cataracts, hearing loss and dimensia.

Sensei Ern on July 26, 2007 at 7:43 AM

Okay, how does Botox Pelosi beat out a Washington Redskins Sensativeskins cheerleader, amoung others? To quote Nelle Carter John Stossle, give me a break.

srhoades on July 26, 2007 at 8:08 AM

SouthernPride on July 25, 2007 at 5:32 PM

Followed by a bubble bath with Barbra Boxer and Dianne Feinstein, I presume. (Hey if we’re grossing people out, we may as well go all the way.)

srhoades on July 26, 2007 at 8:15 AM

Yeah, it’s true: Washington (The Hill) is like Hollywood. All the sex, all the sleaze…just with ugly people.

Malpaso on July 26, 2007 at 10:20 AM

Umm where does Harry Waxman rank ?

William Amos on July 25, 2007 at 5:04 PM

51. That’s what happens when you don’t pick more young Republicans for this shoot. So not impressed with this bunch.

Miss_Anthrope on July 26, 2007 at 11:10 AM

Connie Mack is my Congressman…we all knew about his relationship with Mary Bono (after he was elected to Congress). There is some speculation that the affair happened while he was married (with small children), which does not sit well with the voters here in SW Florida.

Shelly on July 26, 2007 at 4:31 PM

Sorry his nose hairs I always call him Harry

William Amos on July 25, 2007 at 5:11 PM

Then shouldn’t it be Hairy Unwaxedman?

Freelancer on July 26, 2007 at 5:31 PM

Nan at #4?

And I had just about recovered from the projectile vomiting caused by the Hillary “cleavage” story.

Ouch!!!!