Video: Michelle & co talk about JetKos and the defeat caucus on O’Reilly

posted at 10:10 pm on July 23, 2007 by Bryan

A subdued trio lambasted JetBlue for sponsoring YearlyKos.

I do think it’s possible, contra Kirsten’s “Wild West” contention, for corporations to sponsor blogs in good conscience, but the blogs seeking such sponsorship have to be able to assure sponsors that their sites won’t be filled with Kossack (or the right wing equivalent) hate. That’s one reason that I end up disagreeing with both Kirsten and Roger Simon on this whole question. The DailyKos routinely publishes vile diaries about Republicans and about the war and about American capitalism and our country as a whole, and the chief Kossack himself penned and never apologized for the “screw them” line that he leveled at Americans who were murdered by thugs in Iraq. Whatever you think of the war, no one with the DailyKos’ record should reasonably expect corporate sponsorship for anything that they do. They are anti-capitalist and anti-corporate on that web site. Just do a search on Wal-Mart and you’ll see. What sets the Kossacks off seems to be corporate success that isn’t tied to unions (and therefore to the Democrats) or that doesn’t conform to their parochial notions about acceptable corporate behavior (health care policies and so forth). JetBlue was foolish to sponsor YearlyKos and have its logo on the YK site. That doesn’t mean that corporations would be equally foolish to sponsor other blogs, liberal or conservative. DKos is a special case because of its track record. As Michelle said, the fish rots from the head down.

Takeaways from the segment: One of The Factor’s viewers thinks that Allahpundit, myself and all of you are “evil doers” because we post here. That assessment in all likelihood came from someone who bristles whenever President Bush describes al Qaeda terrorists with the same phrase, though, so I’d consider the source before taking offense. The liberal blogosphere, unchallenged by anything resembling a fact, does in fact have a great deal of influence. Evidently, Kos is more influential than the Democrat Leadership Council that was once headed up by Bill Clinton. And the impeachment caucus isn’t a fringe movement. Papa Bear needs to study up a bit.

Comments

Yeah, just read A.Whiney Brown’s sickening response to the foror over his little video , the Kos pit is a cesspool of depravity. The Dems that cater to them are just plain bad news.

bbz123 on July 23, 2007 at 10:14 PM

Hey, Allah/Bryan, did you get my update on what Whitney said? I sent it, but it kept kicking my mail back, said your inbox was flooded or some such.

Bad Candy on July 23, 2007 at 10:17 PM

Or did you guys find that little gem before me?

Bad Candy on July 23, 2007 at 10:19 PM

I think a top notch California based mental institution would make a great sponsor for the DailyKos. It would certainly have the audience they seek.

Zorro on July 23, 2007 at 10:23 PM

By the way, Michelle and KP were great, as usual! Relaxed, “made for TV” so to speak.

Zorro on July 23, 2007 at 10:26 PM

We blog, they have MayDay madness, when they do their live blog it costs the taxpayers untold funds, police, sanitation dept., traffic tie ups, business shut downs, fire dept paramedics etc etc etc…oh did I mention the sanitation dept. Our way is better..

Legions on July 23, 2007 at 10:34 PM

I never tire of hearing Michelle’s views, her logic, and her positions. I am thankful we such an articulate, intelligent, well spoken, and beautiful spokeswomen.

omegaram on July 23, 2007 at 10:35 PM

What? We have “evil doers” here at HotAir? Oh, he must’ve meant the trolls :-)

If we did have any eeeeeevil doers, they’d be banned.

Tony737 on July 23, 2007 at 10:38 PM

The nutroots growing influence shouldn’t be underestimated.

If we’re lucky the nuts will take the Demo candidates over the cliff with them.

Speakup on July 23, 2007 at 10:43 PM

Im finally glad to see that the lefty blogs are being held acountible for their hate speach.

Now on to the democratic party itself

William Amos on July 23, 2007 at 10:45 PM

Bad Candy on July 23, 2007 at 10:17 PM

I tried to send something yesterday and again today–both returned as undeliverable.

IrishEi on July 23, 2007 at 10:54 PM

Your emails are getting through. One of my addresses is completely full and it has started bouncing stuff back, but your emails are still getting through. It’s annoying to get that bouncback, and I’m trying to get it fixed.

Bryan on July 23, 2007 at 10:56 PM

Hmmm.
They say that we are evildoers as if that were a “bad thing,” or somethin’.

CyberCipher on July 23, 2007 at 11:03 PM

Ace probably filled the mailboxes with reports from the hobo convention.

bbz123 on July 23, 2007 at 11:03 PM

Ace probably filled the mailboxes with reports from the hobo convention.

It was the pictures.

Bryan on July 23, 2007 at 11:04 PM

The liberal blogosphere, unchallenged by anything resembling a fact, …

And undeterred when faced with one…

BacaDog on July 23, 2007 at 11:06 PM

I’m an evil-doer?

who’d'a thunk it?

Bob's Kid on July 23, 2007 at 11:08 PM

Oh, no big deal Bryan, I just wondered if it was me you got it from, or if someone outscooped me.

Ace probably filled the mailboxes with reports from the hobo convention.

It was the pictures.

Bryan on July 23, 2007 at 11:04 PM

Dude, I don’t even wanna know what is on those pics…

Bad Candy on July 23, 2007 at 11:11 PM

Ace probably filled the mailboxes with reports from the hobo convention.
bbz123 on July 23, 2007 at 11:03 PM

Hahahaha.

I really like these segments with BOR, KP,& MM. But Bill needs to talk just a little bit less.

Spirit of 1776 on July 23, 2007 at 11:12 PM

Isn’t it the nature of the blogosphere that people post their feelings good or bad? You and I can define what we believe hate is, and for the most part, I think we would be in agreement. But there are exceptions to the rule and the less tolerant among us can find offense in anything. I’ve witnessed that on this very blog (one I find to be almost family-friendly). Certainly I would agree the DailyKos is a hate-filled website who frequently eats their own for a radical agenda, but then my views couldn’t be farther to the right of theirs, or those who post comments there. Even taking sharp exception to what I consider disgusting comments over there, I haven’t seen an internet code clearly defining hate that many corporations can measure a blog against. As an example, Allah is an atheist whose occasional comments regarding Christianity (no, I’m not turning this into another religious debate – just developing an example) could really turn off many who have strong religious beliefs, and could be viewed as hate speech by someone sensitive enough to be offended by it. Should a boycott of Hot Air occur? God forbid! I love this site. Just saying, it’s harder to define than that.

thedecider on July 23, 2007 at 11:13 PM

That would be like John Edwards going bald. The world would end as we know it

William Amos on July 23, 2007 at 11:14 PM

That would be like John Edwards going bald. The world would end as we know it

William Amos on July 23, 2007 at 11:14 PM

You’re right about that, William. “Better to remain silent and be thougt a fool, rather than speak and remove all doubt” can’t be applied to BOR.

BacaDog on July 23, 2007 at 11:19 PM

It’s nice to see Bill O’Reilly give time to discuss blogs and the internet (thank you Al Gore!). He used to be quite dismissive of the internet and it’s effect via blogs.

Montana on July 23, 2007 at 11:26 PM

Zorro on July 23, 2007 at 10:23 PM

That would be San Fransicko…

doriangrey on July 23, 2007 at 11:26 PM

Evidently, Kos is more influential than the Democrat Leadership Council….

Not that I’m into sinister conspiracies, but I have to wonder how much of a role Soros financing plays in this behind the scenes.

infidel4life on July 23, 2007 at 11:48 PM

I don’t know that it is conspiratorial to wonder if Soros is kicking them money, he’s one of the richest people in the world, and aggressively devoted to promoting leftism.

I guess I’m saying it should be looked into, but don’t be shocked if he doesn’t have a hand in.

Bad Candy on July 23, 2007 at 11:50 PM

That would be like John Edwards going bald. The world would end as we know it

William Amos on July 23, 2007 at 11:14 PM

Hmmm. So like how do we know that Silky Pony isn’t ALREADY bald, and that his appearances are not be filled by Japanese androids — a la Stepford wives.
(Oops. I KNEW that I was lingering in that Cindy Sheehan thread WAY too long.)

CyberCipher on July 23, 2007 at 11:50 PM

But to the left everything we do is evil. Hence evildoers on this site.

PowWow on July 24, 2007 at 12:48 AM

But to the left everything we do is evil. Hence evildoers on this site.

PowWow on July 24, 2007 at 12:48 AM

But for the brevity required by TV, I can imagine Michelle pausing and saying “I wear that slur as a badge of honor.”

infidel4life on July 24, 2007 at 12:55 AM

Montana on July 23, 2007 at 11:26 PM

Now if he’d ever read one. KP, at times, seemed to want to smack him kinda like what I wanna do to some customers. Miss Powers, just buy that man a copy of “The Internet for Dummies.”

- The Cat

MirCat on July 24, 2007 at 2:35 AM

Probably not much -

The average visitor spends only a few seconds reading the front page, but spikes of more than 1.1 million visitors in a single day aren’t unusual. To have access to those eyeballs, advertisers pay up to $14,000 a month. Moulitsas says he’s on track to make $600,000 in revenue this year, and his expenses don’t go much beyond programming and $7,000 a month for servers and bandwidth.

Close to 99 percent of the site is user-generated – it hosts 14,000 comments a day and 2,000 miniblogs called diaries. Moulitsas has figured out how to turn readers into writers, to transform discontent into content.

You would think that progressive dogma would demand that he pay at least a living wage to his content generators.

rw on July 24, 2007 at 4:19 AM

Probably not much -

I think you are very much mistaken. Soros is THE moneybag behind the nutroots. He’s kept moveon afloat and no doubt funds KOS. Both Soros and Theresa Kerry donate millions of dollars to leftwing organizations like the Tides Foundation, who redistribute the money to strictly leftwing causes. Another big contributor to leftist causes is MS co-founder Paul Allen, though not just to leftwing causes.

Soros is such a big Bush-hater, personally, that he dumped millions into the nutroots’ bank accounts for the 2006 election and was a heavy Democratic Party donor to defeat Bush in 2004.

Soros is also a convicted crook (EU market rigging), a naturalized US citizen, and is the epitome of everything that “progressives” love to hate — greedy and power hungry.

Yet they except his money, cheerfully, and one has to wonder how much of his personal agenda has become the agenda of KOS, Moveon, DU, and so on. As they say, money talks and bullsh*t walks.

georgej on July 24, 2007 at 4:44 AM

“… and Michelle’s blog may have evil doers posting evil things.”

HEY! I resent that!

Aylios on July 24, 2007 at 4:45 AM

..just buy that man a copy of “The Internet for Dummies.

That’s too advanced for Bill.

BacaDog on July 24, 2007 at 8:05 AM

Why would a blog sell out to a corporation, anyway? Isn’t it the very idea behind blogs that they are beholden to no corporate interests and the opinion can flow unfettered?

Which is not to say that advertising links fall under the same category…they’re a ‘take it or leave it’ thing that don’t imply any alignment. Besides, I do love funneling liberal money into conservative coffers by clicking the links they put up on our blogs.

James on July 24, 2007 at 8:15 AM

If commenter’s ‘vented’ here, with the language and rhetoric exhibited at Koz, they would be bounced. We know the rules are respect them. Koz kids are all about NOT following rules.
Guess who has happier lives? ;)

Doug on July 24, 2007 at 9:38 AM