Video: HamNation goes all night long

posted at 12:04 pm on July 23, 2007 by Allahpundit

She’s shooting at a big target here and she does not miss. Nice “get” here landing Pete Hegseth, currently of Vets for Freedom and formerly of the Army National Guard stationed in Iraq, for the interview. Hegseth wrote a great op-ed last month for WaPo entitled “Reality Check for the Anti-War Crowd” that does precisely what it purports to do. Read that, then click the image to watch how he’s treated by our philosopher kings on the Hill.

mkh723.jpg

Comments

This is what I have been saying all along.

Veterans know firsthand that numerous mistakes have been made in the war. But that does not change the unfortunate reality: Iraq today is the front line of a global jihad being waged against America and its allies. Both Osama bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri have said so.

Some, even here on this site continue to say that Afganistan should be the priority. Obviously our enemies realize where the front line is. I wish our political leaders had the same vision.

conservnut on July 23, 2007 at 12:23 PM

I’m sure Reid didn’t want to hear anything they have to say, this war is just a political football to most of the dems, a chance to pick up seats. It’s repulsive.

Spirit of 1776 on July 23, 2007 at 12:23 PM

Spirit of 1776 has it right.

Pete Hegseth and other loyal Americans who want the best for the Country talk about the facts on the ground in Iraq.

Harry Reid and other loyal Democrats talk about the political reality here in the U.S.A.

Both are right. That’s the sad part.

Facts on the ground in Iraq can affect Political reality here and that’s as it should be. My fear is that Politics here will affect our success in Iraq.

It will be a long war.

TunaTalon on July 23, 2007 at 12:39 PM

Must the page title on every link to HamNation have semi-overt sexual overtones?

… preferably, yes.

askheaves on July 23, 2007 at 1:07 PM

Looks like there’s some chemistry going on there.

PattyAnn on July 23, 2007 at 3:17 PM

Oh man, the Olsen Twins.

At my last job, when they were 17, I had their calendar up for an entire year. It was a joke that went so very wrong.

Canadian Infidel on July 23, 2007 at 3:26 PM

Unfortunately, the Democrats are fighting against us in Washington. Jerks. It might be the second most important front in the war on terror. Maybe the most important.

Ordinary1 on July 23, 2007 at 4:06 PM

PattyAnn,

My thoughts exactly.

Rightwingsparkle on July 23, 2007 at 6:10 PM

RWS, glad I’m not the only one who thought that.

PattyAnn on July 23, 2007 at 6:12 PM

I’ve joked before about it being near time for a Navy Battle Group to patrol the Potomac. It’s no longer a joke, our most dangerous enemy is here, and it is our own legislature.

Freelancer on July 23, 2007 at 6:58 PM

That was a terrible web site. Clutter and loud advertisements makes for a confusing web site. Ham Nation needs to revamp.

oldelpasoan on July 23, 2007 at 7:32 PM

This is another subject that just really gets to me every time. Just when I think they can’t get to me any more than they have, well, they sure do. And they do it so nonchalantly too. It’s that arrogance that seeps from the left. Maybe the more wrong you are about something, the more right you have to seem? Is that the point behind that attitude?

PowWow on July 23, 2007 at 11:50 PM