Audio: Geraldo cops to draft-dodging, resists urge to commit adultery with KP

posted at 2:00 pm on July 20, 2007 by Allahpundit

I told J$ a few days ago not to send me any more KP stuff until she squares her deep, principled support for pro-choice tool Hillary Clinton with her deep, principled support for the pro-life movement. That would at least leaven the hypocrisy of her ranting about how Giuliani supporters aren’t really voting for him based on his record. “You’ll be waiting a long time then,” he replied. True enough, but come this morning and what should appear in my inbox but this little jewel, which I guess he thought was too special not to share. True enough again. This is now the third radio segment in the span of about a month where some guest has flirted with her on air (although never this crassly), and while I’m in no position to throw stones on that count, doing it as an idle goof in the course of a blog post is a bit different than doing it while she’s trying to conduct a serious interview. Who’s going to be the first guest to say, “I’d hit that”? Rein it in, boys.

After the prospect of adultery is floated, they settle in for a nice chat about the surge, Geraldo’s guilt over having dodged the draft, and his assessment of Al Qaeda’s goals — “anarchy,” he says, which is true in the short term but only as a means of ultimately establishing a Salafist emirate. His take on Musharraf is closely in sync with Bryan’s excellent post the other day, though. Be sure to read that if you haven’t. It’s sterling stuff.

Comments

You stay classy, Geraldo!

Slublog on July 20, 2007 at 2:04 PM

You better be careful Geraldo, you move in on Allah’s woman and he’s apt to shank you.

Bad Candy on July 20, 2007 at 2:06 PM

Can we talk about KP’s “plunging neckline” instead of Hillary’s?

Tman on July 20, 2007 at 2:07 PM

Audio: Geraldo cops to draft-dodging, resists urge to commit adultery with KP

HAHA.

Slublog do you have Hotair on auto refresh or what?

Theworldisnotenough on July 20, 2007 at 2:07 PM

Solution for G.R., I hear seppuku is making a comeback.

spacemonkey on July 20, 2007 at 2:08 PM

Can we talk about KP’s “plunging neckline” instead of Hillary’s?

Tman on July 20, 2007 at 2:07 PM

Please!

steveegg on July 20, 2007 at 2:08 PM

Can we talk about KP’s “plunging neckline” instead of Hillary’s?

Let’s stay away from gross objectification of KP, please. I’ve never done that in my posts. Commenters aren’t welcome to do it either.

Allahpundit on July 20, 2007 at 2:09 PM

Slublog do you have Hotair on auto refresh or what?
Theworldisnotenough on July 20, 2007 at 2:07 PM

Ha. No, good timing, I guess. Very boring week at work.

You can set a website for auto refresh?

Slublog on July 20, 2007 at 2:09 PM

Who’s going to be the first guest to say, “I’d hit that”?

I’ve often wanted to hit Geraldo.

Oh… You meant… never mind……

db on July 20, 2007 at 2:09 PM

You stay classy, Geraldo!

Slublog on July 20, 2007 at 2:04 PM

Are we going to have to send Ron Burgundy in to show Geraldo how real reporting is done? Come to think of it, KP does look an awful lot like Veronica Corningstone.

PRCalDude on July 20, 2007 at 2:11 PM

BTW, thanks for the linky yesterday Allah and the headline today (whoever put it up). :) Mine’s the doubleplusundead one if anyone is wondering.

Bad Candy on July 20, 2007 at 2:11 PM

Sorry AP. Just trying to scrub my brain from the Hillary post.

No objectification intended.

Tman on July 20, 2007 at 2:11 PM

Let’s stay away from gross objectification of KP, please.

That’s like half the fun of KP, really. Maybe more than half.

It certainly makes her opinions more tolerable.

Vyce on July 20, 2007 at 2:15 PM

Quick, put up another Fred! post to distract the guys from KP!

Big S on July 20, 2007 at 2:16 PM

Slublog on July 20, 2007 at 2:09 PM

There is not an option in IE to do it, but… you can write a script to execute the refresh commnad.

Theworldisnotenough on July 20, 2007 at 2:16 PM

KP’s not all that. I just don’t understand the fascination with her or her faux “centrist Democrat” schtick.

/I hope this post doesn’t throw the thread into lockdown mode.

Mike Honcho on July 20, 2007 at 2:17 PM

Would she object to the objectification if she was the object of the objectification? Objectively speaking?

right2bright on July 20, 2007 at 2:20 PM

Just when Geraldo seems irredeemable, he does an interview like this.

OT: Laura Ingraham interviewed Sutton for what seemed like 2 hours today. A must hear. Laura asked the question I asked which is, who was a bigger threat to America, the BPAs or the Drug Smuggler and Sutton, unbelievably, said the BPAs. Laura was incensed. Also listen for his response when she bring us the issue of the pressure brought by the Mexican Government. I need to hear it again to be sure but it seemed to me his whole demeanor changed while trying to deny it.

TheBigOldDog on July 20, 2007 at 2:21 PM

If I were Geraldo, I wouldn’t even joke about having an affair. The guys on what, his fifth, six marriage? Alimony’s gotta be brutal.

Bad Candy on July 20, 2007 at 2:22 PM

right2bright on July 20, 2007 at 2:20 PM

Too much objectivity.

Kowboy on July 20, 2007 at 2:23 PM

you can write a script to execute the refresh commnad

You can also hit the F5 key. It’s a much simpler and more elegant solution.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on July 20, 2007 at 2:24 PM

I’d hit it.

Geraldo, that is. With a small Chilean sea bass.

Kensington on July 20, 2007 at 2:29 PM

And Now For Something Completely Different:

Just saw the story that Pres Bush is going to hand over the reins of power to VP Cheney temporarily while Bush is undergoing a colonoscopy and will be under anesthesia.

Nope, no colonoscopy or arse jokes…..

I was just wondering though, how GREAT, I mean how Freaking GREAT would it be if while Cheney temporarily had the presidential power, he went ahead and

PARDONED SCOOTER LIBBY !!!!

I would just love to see the entire nutroots leftblog nation have their heads simultaneously Explode !!!!

ahhh,…. we can dream cant we…..

Always Right on July 20, 2007 at 2:30 PM

OT: Total Busch League reporting on that AT4 story. Reporters says it’s 6 feet long. Not one AT4 shown in their video. How close to the airport was the lawn? AT4 has an effective range of only 300M or so. Local news stinks.

Sorry, um, about this port. I kinda like KP. Geraldo… not so much.

BadgerHawk on July 20, 2007 at 2:31 PM

port = post.

BadgerHawk on July 20, 2007 at 2:31 PM

Mike Honcho on July 20, 2007 at 2:17 PM

Dude. I think you ought to consider your comment like a postcard from your eye doctor. It’s time man. Second, of course we’d vote for Democrats if they were like her and you could flirt with her, have a drink, and give it your best shot. Third, would you watch CBS news if she was the anchor? Case closed.

JiangxiDad on July 20, 2007 at 2:34 PM

PARDONED SCOOTER LIBBY !!!!

Hahahhaahahhahahahaahahahahahaahha. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

JiangxiDad on July 20, 2007 at 2:35 PM

How close to the airport was the lawn?

Jersey City to Newark. About 10 miles I’d guess.

JiangxiDad on July 20, 2007 at 2:38 PM

I’ve had enough of Geraldo. I think he’s from Puerto Rico, but he should be deported… to Mexico.

Paul the American on July 20, 2007 at 2:38 PM

KP can spew any of the liberal rants she wants. She more than makes up for it with that great smile. Besides, I believe she’s slowly being weened away from the loonie left and will be a true (right) team player before long.

Geraldo needs to just go away…

stacman on July 20, 2007 at 2:42 PM

The problem with Geraldo Gerry Rivera Rivers is that he’s a good guy half the time, and an a-hole the other half.

He has done great things for US troops in Iraq, but showboats mercilessly. It looks like you could count on him in times of trouble, but he still plays that minority-as-victim game that began in the 70′s. Kinda weird, but far from the worst of our troubles.

JiangxiDad on July 20, 2007 at 2:42 PM

That photo of KP needs some coffee blasting from her nose photo shopped into it. Very fitting for that title.

Gerald-ino is a hack and (to borrow a phrase from “The Boss”) is not even snort-worthy.

On-my-soap-box on July 20, 2007 at 2:45 PM

Did anyone catch the “Al Qaeda is an ideology” bit?
Isn’t that like the Silky Poney saying “the war on terror is just a bumper sticker?”

I still find it hard to believe that all the times Geraldo was embedded with the troops that a grenade didn’t accidentally go off!!!

One last thing–a question–was the U.S. in Vietnam in 1951?
Geraldo seems to think so.

Tennessee Dave on July 20, 2007 at 2:46 PM

One last thing–a question–was the U.S. in Vietnam in 1951?
Geraldo seems to think so.

Tennessee Dave on July 20, 2007 at 2:46 PM

I found this.

Interesting article if anyone cares to read it.

kiakjones on July 20, 2007 at 3:00 PM

Jiang (or whoever else cares)-

An aircraft on that approach would still be at 1500 minimum. No way an AT4 could hit it. Sorry for posting this here. Whatever happened to the headlines open thread?

BadgerHawk on July 20, 2007 at 3:03 PM

Kirsten Powers is one liberal I would not mind getting it on with.

Hilts on July 20, 2007 at 3:04 PM

For that old draft-dodger, for the 2700+ days of being faithful…

Here’s to you! Gee what a swell guy.

saved on July 20, 2007 at 3:05 PM

Paul the American on July 20, 2007 at 2:38 PM

He is a typical liberal phony. He is a half Puerto Rican, half Jewish kid from White Plains, played lacrosse and rowed in prep school. Typical upper middle class NY liberal.

I can’t even listen to him if Kirsten is on.

peacenprosperity on July 20, 2007 at 3:05 PM

A day should not go by when you don’t learn something new.

Thanks kiakjones.

Tennessee Dave on July 20, 2007 at 3:16 PM

Funny how Geraldo talks about how strong and powerful Musharaf is for the Red Mosque incident (which has caused a lot more problems in Pakistan). Just today, the Supreme Court overruled his decision to suspend the top judge calling Musharaff’s actions to be ‘illegal’.

I don’t view Musharaff as strong at all. I view America as weak for not invading Pakistan on the way to Afghanistan for their support of the Taliban (the only country in the world who supported the Taliban). Musharaff will be gone by the end of the year in Pakistan.

Pakistan is no friend. Musharaff is not strong. This is a real problem that America needs to deal with. We have given Pakistan too much authority over our missions. Tora Bora would have been the end of Bin Laden if we didn’t depend on Pakistan to ‘secure’ part of the complex.

ThackerAgency on July 20, 2007 at 3:17 PM

Am I wrong in assuming that G.R. has had an internal debate on Honor v. Dishonor all these years? Seems like so many Americans don’t care one way or the other. Have to give him props for that.

dingbat on July 20, 2007 at 3:21 PM

I’d hit that (silly goose in the nose with another chair).

Jim Treacher on July 20, 2007 at 3:29 PM

Pardoned Compean and Ramos, and fired Sutton.

He is a typical liberal phony.

peacenprosperity on July 20, 2007 at 3:05 PM

He’s THE PROTOTYPICAL liberal phony. Other liberal phonies learned their method at his feet. For others it’s a learned skill, for him it’s a ‘gift’.

Freelancer on July 20, 2007 at 3:40 PM

Geraldo is so smarmy

Pulchritudinous Patriot on July 20, 2007 at 3:40 PM

Ya know, I really dislike Geraldo when it comes to many issues, but he was making a lot of sense in most of that.

csdeven on July 20, 2007 at 3:41 PM

Geraldo cops to draft-dodging

When it comes to draft dodging, there will never be another Ted Nugent.

MB4 on July 20, 2007 at 3:42 PM

First of all, why haven’t we seen the “POWERS!” (Hand press) video lately?

Anyway:

Who’s going to be the first guest to say, “I’d hit that”? Rein it in, boys.

You know what’s interesting about all that “I’d hit that” talk? That’s just stealing a phrase from hip-hop culture. It’s EXACTLY what Imus did when making the “nappy headed hos” comment. He was simply repeating what is common place in black/hip-hop “culture”, the same way people are when they say “I’d hit that” or any number of other phrases.

RightWinged on July 20, 2007 at 4:08 PM

Geraldo cops to draft-dodging

When it comes to draft dodging, there will never be another Ted Nugent.

We need only look as far as Bill Clinton for the master of dodgery…

stacman on July 20, 2007 at 4:16 PM

Always Right on July 20, 2007 at 2:30 PM

Brilliant.

mikeyboss on July 20, 2007 at 4:24 PM

Ho-aldo will never be ‘clean and sober’ on any issue.

Christine on July 20, 2007 at 4:59 PM

Geraldo cops to draft-dodging

When it comes to draft dodging, there will never be another Ted Nugent.

A recipient of numerous commendations from state police, sheriff departments, FBI, DEA, U.S. Army and police agencies nationwide, Nugent has been a sworn Michigan Deputy Sheriff since 1980, and was a guest speaker at International Law Enforcement Convention by invitation from Director of FBI William Webster, Attorney General Edwin Meese and President Ronald Reagan.

I love feeding the trolls, almost as much as I love watching KP at late nights with no pants and soft, fluffy teddybears… oh wait, that’s just a regular night of watching RedEye.

TheEJS on July 20, 2007 at 5:11 PM

Since I like Uncle Ted also, I went looking around and found this.

mikeyboss on July 20, 2007 at 5:15 PM

In as much as Geraldo make reasonable people want to ralph (being the oil can Harry type), KP seemed to find humor in what was being said and I’m quite sure she can take care of herself in just about any crass situation.

So..is this a white knight moment or a spear Geraldo moment?

Speakup on July 20, 2007 at 6:14 PM

I’d hit that (silly goose in the nose with another chair).

Jim Treacher on July 20, 2007 at 3:29 PM

Grrr you beat me too it. But I broughts a Clip Although a bad quality one.

- The Cat

MirCat on July 20, 2007 at 6:49 PM

Better copy and his show being called “Trash TV”

- The Cat

MirCat on July 20, 2007 at 6:52 PM

RightWinged on July 20, 2007 at 4:08 PM

Wrong. The phrase nappy-headed hos is NOT common in black culture. The context is not there.

Yes, rappers, wannabe thugs, and losers refer to women as “hos” in music and everyday speak. However, your average black person does not rap. Such depictions of black people are based on cultural cariacuatures.

Furthermore, the phrase “nappy-headed” is completely misused here. Only someone with superficial familiarity of black culture would say something so absurd and misplaced. Trying to give Imus a pass because he was copying what he perceives to be black culture is a cop out.

Why can’t we just accept that what he said, was rude, and denigrating? Why give him a pass? To use rap music as your sole gauge for black culture completely misses the point.

Many African-Americans are middle-class, taxpayers with no allegiance to the thuggery and depravity you ascribe to them en masse.

Such generalizations make it very difficult for Republicans to broaden their appeal. That may not matter to you or most Republicans. However, I personally believe it is important for the soul of the party.

The Race Card on July 20, 2007 at 7:21 PM

Soul of the party. That’s punny.

The Race Card on July 20, 2007 at 7:21 PM

Furthermore, why is it that when some phrase of urban origins takes root in the common lexicon, it is still considered “black?”

I would suggest that the point of the melting pot is to become “American.” Love it or hate it, once it reaches Jay Leno’s lips, it is undeniably American.

My sense is that a lot of people use these phrases often. Black culture has always been consumed and retooled by Americans. No biggie.

What’s odd is how many people use the language and otherwise embrace parts of black culture, but are ashamed to do so.

Q: Why isn’t what’s black, American?

A: Because Americans (black and white) are primally addicted to racial conflict.

The Race Card on July 20, 2007 at 7:32 PM

If you think guests come on to Kirsten a lot now, wait until Fox News decides to have her interview lesbians!

radjah shelduck on July 20, 2007 at 7:41 PM

The Race Card on July 20, 2007 at 7:21 PM

We can get in to what is majority and what isn’t, and whether it’s PC or even exactly accurate to align hiphop with black culture… but if one doesn’t acknowledge the largest problem plaguing the black community, you’ll never remedy it. If we keep pretending the glorified thug hip-hop “culture” isn’t a massive problem holding back the black community, then it will never change.

I grew up, and am now back living, in the second whitest state in the country. We only have one half of a percent black out of 600k people. It used to be that most were mixed race or adopted or by some other strange event came to live here, and many of them were the normal middle class people you speak of. But if you go to any major city (where the highest concentration of blacks are), what you see are hip-hop style thugs with illegitimate children by multiple mothers, with the children and grandchildren, and sometimes great-grandchildren all living at “Grammama house” or “Untees”. Are there plenty of good people too? Sure, but they don’t break out from the “you can’t do it without the government carrying you” Jackson/Sharpton mentality, and get with the Cosby “shape up, take care of your kids, and stop blaming people” mentality.

Can you go out there and see black people who aren’t dressed in FuBu, wearing gold teeth, driving in Escalade with TVs in it? Sure (though there are thousands like that around the country who somehow afford these things, while not having a job, and living at their grandmothers’ houses on welfare). But you can find people who don’t fit that mold, obviously, I know plenty of them, and am friends with plenty of them.

But if you go to what one would call a “black neighborhood”, you will see a lot of the hip-hop/thug/gangster “culture”, and it is those people and even black people who aren’t thugged out who refer to it as “our culture” (not me, I think calling that crap a “culture” is stupid). It’s not me who says “our neighborhoods” or “our culture”.

Anyway, I don’t really even want to follow that whole tangent and can’t believe I even went as far as I did with you on it.

My original point stands.. not so much on the “nappy headed” (though I could make an argument there if I wanted to spend the time), but definitely on “hos”. I’m not excusing what Imus said, where did I indicate that? I’m just saying “I’d hit that” is the same as him using “hos” to refer to those girls, because it just rolled off his tongue. “Hip-hop culture” has infected mainstream society and it’s creeping in further and further everyday… to where little white suburban girls dress like the trashy “hos” in rap videos. It’s to the point where much of what you used to only hear if you were to buy a rap CD, is now common on sitcoms and movies, in addition to MTV, and everywhere on the radio. I do believe Imus didn’t even think that he was going “over the top” when he said that, just as it’s become accepting to say “I’d hit that” instead of something like, I don’t know, “she’s pretty”. You know if Imus weren’t an old WHITE man, but some hip young black DJ making the same comments, we’d NEVER have heard about it.

RightWinged on July 20, 2007 at 8:56 PM

Can we talk about KP’s “plunging neckline” instead of Hillary’s?

Tman on July 20, 2007 at 2:07 PM

Since Rivera claims not to have committed adultry for seven years, maybe we can talk about Geraldo’s plunging nook line.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on July 21, 2007 at 12:58 AM

Oops. That should be “adultery.”

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on July 21, 2007 at 1:00 AM

We need only look as far as Bill Clinton for the master of dodgery…

stacman on July 20, 2007 at 4:16 PM

Sorry, no cigar THIS time.

Not even a puff on a “cigarette” where you don’t inhale.

When it comes to draft dodging Nugent makes Clinton look, well, almost heroic.

“Nugent dodged the draft during the Vietnam War. In an interview for the Detroit Free Press (July 15, 1990), Nugent described how he avoided the draft: He claims that 30 days before his Draft Board Physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last ten days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical he stopped using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside pants caked with excrement and stained by his urine.” HT: Debbie Schlussel

MB4 on July 21, 2007 at 3:16 AM

Geraldo cops to draft-dodging

When it comes to draft dodging, there will never be another Ted Nugent.

TheEJS on July 20, 2007 at 5:11 PM

Sorry no fluffy teddybear for you this time.

MB4 on July 21, 2007 at 3:20 AM

Always look before you leap.

MB4 on July 21, 2007 at 3:22 AM

The Hypocritical Summer of Ted Nugent

Debbie Schlussel has a very good reputation as a conservative, very good.

Ted’s excrement adventures.

Ted Nugent apparently literally $hit in his pants, and for a week, to keep from going to RVN!

MB4 on July 21, 2007 at 3:40 AM

Quick MB4, write another comment on Ted Nugent and credit Debbie Schlussel, I don’t think we get it yet. And Schlussel’s conservative credentials may be there (not sure what that has to do with anything) but I do get annoyed when the Schlussel cheerleaders won’t stop obsessing over her on HA threads, especially after her credibility issues during the VTech shooting, in which she was so desperate to tie him to Islam that she created this whole story based on some unrelated FlickR photo, and then very descretely removed the post once it was fully debunked (when it should have never been posted). It seems like that wasn’t her only time, but I just remember the Schlussel cheerleaders repeatedly linking to the bogus story she created, and like you, being obsessive “SCHLUSSEL! SCHLUSSEL! SCHLUSSEL!” commenters. We get it, you like her blog!

RightWinged on July 21, 2007 at 5:13 AM

I’d hit it.

Geraldo, that is. With a small Chilean sea bass.

Kensington on July 20, 2007 at 2:29 PM

especially if it had a laser on its head

urbancenturion on July 21, 2007 at 5:27 AM

Is Geraldo actually to be commended for not chasing after KP? You mean he has given up his evil ways? Nooooooooo

lynnv on July 21, 2007 at 8:51 AM

I agree. Except I think that the problem started with the growth of the welfare state, which rewarded fatherless homes and government dependence. Black illegitimacy has skyrocketed in the past three decades, along with the rise of social welfare.

I believe rap music rode the crest of this social shift and morphed into what we now have. The violent depraved imagery of today’s youth would not have found a following in my parent’s doowop/R&B days.

I have lived and worked in many of our countries major cities. I also have enjoyed the luxury of small town, country living. Again, I agree that there is a widespread acceptance of these socially bereft trends.

However, I submit to you that black neighborhoods are going downhill at about the same rate as American culture at large. One could argue that the popularity of hip-hop has contributed to the fall of the larger culture. However, I just think people are becoming more selfish…all people.

For a quick glimpse at youth culture, go to a skatepark, or look at flyer for a party, or just scan myspace profiles for 3 minutes. Many youth subcultures (motocross, punk, goth, etc.) are rife with the same problems as hip-hop. America is not the place it used to be. Kids are inundated with sex, violence, and drugs. Rap and other popular music reflect this.

Would these same white girls be church going marms if rap did not exist? Is rap music to blame for the rise in white teen pregnancy? For the epidemic of small town meth labs? Would everything be OK if rap music didn’t exist?

I don’t know. But I think we have lost a grip on morality to the degree that any popular youth movement based in liberalism will end up the same way. Go to a Dave Matthews concert and tell me how skimpy some of these modern, hippie wannabes are dressed.

You have Paris Hilton, Britney and the like running around with no panties flashing their cookies. Many celebrities appear in public braless and and near naked. What do they have to do with hiphop?

I am in basic agreement that the black community has some serious problems – broken families, drugs, violence and moral relativism.

But I still have a visceral reaction to what I perceive to stereotyping millions of people. 12-15% of blacks vote Republican, depending on your source. Also, a large percentage of blacks who don’t vote Republican share many of your misgivings.

If I based my opinions of whites on the fact that many, if not most, whites tolerate blatant and outright racism in their own neighborhoods and families, where would that leave me? That does not mean that most whites are racist because they don’t speak up. Rather, most people are just focused on living their own lives.

Finally. The fact that Imus made those comments as a white guy much damned him. But the fact that he is not a hardline liberal doomed him.

MSNBC recently broadcast statements about Senator Vitter’s wife that were WAY over the line. Neither the host nor her guest who made the comments has suffered any real rebuke. The host is black. She and her guest are liberal.

I believe the Republican party is integral to the reshaping of our country’s moral landscape. But I also believe the Republican party has a little bit of reshaping of its own to do.

I am proud to use my voice to do my part…hopefully for a net gain.

Respectfully submitted. Thank you for lending an ear. I can email you a coupons for Excedrin to all those who now have a headache.

The Race Card on July 21, 2007 at 3:12 PM

I’ve lost interest in getting back in to this entirely, but I have to say I think you’re mixing up “hip-hop music” and “hip-hop culture”… I’m not blaming the “music”, I’m blaming the behavior that models itself after the music, etc.

Not even close. How often do you see surveillance video of punk/goth/motocross/etc. kids knocking an old woman to the ground and stealing her scooter? Or punching a 100 year old woman in the face to steal a few dollars? Or an old man? Or robbing a jewelry, liquor or convenience store at gun point? How often do you see them be the guy who jumps out of the car at the end of a high speed chase? How often do you see them posting videos of themselves fighting on YouTube? I could go on and on, but I think I’ve made my point.

RightWinged on July 21, 2007 at 7:23 PM

RightWinged on July 21, 2007 at 7:23 PM

I appreciate your boredom with this thread. I also appreciate your indulging me.

I agree that many blacks seem to revel in criminal behavior and that there is a brazen demeanor to some crimes that seems to go hand in hand with “hip-hop culture.”

Also, I think I overstated things by implicating moto-x, modern punk and goth as “rife with the same problems as hip-hop.” They are not.

But the foul seeds have been planted. Without being too specific, I have family in law enforcement and prosecution in San Bernardino and Riverside counties in California. Both of these areas mirror our worst ghettoes in their criminality. Much of this crime is due to density of latino gangs, but meth has created the same issues in areas where people of color are rarely seen.

Granted the California’s high desert is a far cry from the suburbs, but I imagine that many of our suburbs are not far from feeling the effects of extreme criminality.

Income is not the barrier that it once was. Many solidly middle-class neighborhoods in So Cal are consuming exactly what we have been referring to as “hip-hop culture” and regurgitating it. I can identify numerous areas which are predominantly Latino and/or White where you will find knuckleheads sagging their jeans and claiming gang affiliations and committing violent crimes.

Black Americans are often the harbinger for what is cool in our society. Unfortunately many Americans seem ready to follow even the worst of those trends.

Again, thank you for the listen. I appreciate your honesty.

The Race Card on July 22, 2007 at 3:41 AM