Estrich: Lonely older women might take revenge on Jeri by voting against Fred

posted at 5:22 pm on July 14, 2007 by Allahpundit

She’s quite serious. She’s also quite serious in suggesting that anything deemed fit for discussion by bottom-feeding nutroots bloggers should ipso facto be fair game for big media, even though the current meme du jour in the leftosphere involves gay innuendo about Fred Thompson.

Am I understanding her correctly, though? Is she actually saying that Jeri and her ilk hath taken her nookie, and for that Fred must pay?

All of this should support the view that Jeri Thompson’s assets are irrelevant to her husband’s prospects. But I don’t buy it for a moment — at least not among women of a certain age, both married and single, who are liable to play a decisive role in this campaign, particularly if Hillary Clinton is the Democratic candidate.

The reaction I hear from every woman I know, those who have gotten sick to their stomachs over seeing middle-aged men cavorting with girls barely beyond their teen years, is a giant “yuck.”

What does it say about a man who’s busy having babies only two years after being diagnosed with lymphoma? What does it say that he’d rather be with someone who wasn’t even alive when JFK was shot, or at least was too young to remember where she was?

What does it say that he doesn’t care that she doesn’t remember the songs and the history and the fears we grew up with? [Who's "we"? -- ed.] Where does it leave those of us who do?

Dateless is where. And maybe voting no.

I can’t help it. It makes me like Fred Thompson less. And I can’t believe I’m the only one.

Susan Estrich, serious political commentator.

She knows how old Jeri Thompson is, incidentally; she mentions it earlier in the piece. By setting the date ranges as she has (pretty widely too, as women who were too young to remember the Kennedy assassination would be in their mid 40s now at a minimum) she’s emphasizing that this isn’t really about the Thompsons as much as it is symbolic revenge for every member of the First Wives’ Club who’s been wronged. Obama’s wife wasn’t alive when JFK was shot either but since she’s not cutting into any sexagenarian action you won’t hear any complaints about her. Also, as the hit pieces on Jeri start to pick up, keep an eye out for how many of them conveniently omit the fact that she didn’t “steal” Fred from his first wife by any means. They didn’t meet until 1996; Fred and the first Mrs. Thompson divorced in 1985. The Times, to its credit, at least mentioned that fact. It’ll gradually become unmentionable as the campaign wears on.

Exit question: What on earth is that lymphoma remark supposed to mean?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Jealousy is an Ugly Monster.

Susan will NEVER be called a trophy anything.

1sttofight on July 14, 2007 at 5:26 PM

Wow… could it be that Screechy voice?

Or could it be her girl crush….

In several of her books, including Sex & Power and The Case for Hillary Clinton,

Amazing that someone who is a Shrillary operative is not questioned on her motives for a hit piece like this…

sigh…

Romeo13 on July 14, 2007 at 5:27 PM

Also, It is funny that Susan is not concerned that Perky Katy is shacking up with a man almost 20 years her junior.

1sttofight on July 14, 2007 at 5:27 PM

Well, fortunately the American people aren’t as stupid as these idiots and the more of this stuff that comes out the better for Fred! Fred will do fine without her vote, by the way…

sabbott on July 14, 2007 at 5:32 PM

Talk about petty. Good grief. How insulting to women. We are so stupid that we don’t vote on issues, but how old or young the wife of the candidate is. If this is what Susan and her feminists are all about in 2007, there isn’t alot of hope for their “movement”.

Personally, I like Fred and of all the candidates, he is the one I am leaning towards, even though I am not a spring chicken anymore.

katieanne on July 14, 2007 at 5:37 PM

The campaign slogans pretty much write themselves: “Hillary: The Only Choice For All You Bitter Old Harridans!”

It’d be funny to take all the insane “campaign advice” the moonbats keep giving the Republicans and try to come up with their version of an “ideal” candidate to run against Hillary.

Let’s see, his First Lady would be Helen Thomas…

logis on July 14, 2007 at 5:39 PM

What a load of poo

Sammy316 on July 14, 2007 at 5:40 PM

You would think that she would be more concerned about a woman running for president on the coattails of an unfaithful husband.

Rose on July 14, 2007 at 5:44 PM

What this campaign needs is a good catfight. Meow…

manwithblackhat on July 14, 2007 at 5:46 PM

katieanne on July 14, 2007 at 5:37 PM

Thank you, well said! Seriously insulting to women. And really, if his wife is attractive, smart and 20 yrs younger than him, fan-f___ingtastic! At least we won’t be worried he’s wasting time chasing brainless interns around!!!!!

4shoes on July 14, 2007 at 5:47 PM

Susan Estrich must have a sad, pathetic life, and it’s no wonder considering that the only men who would give her a second look are left-wing wussies who aren’t half the man that she is.

FloatingRock on July 14, 2007 at 5:48 PM

Barely beyond their teen years???

Estrich is dumb. I think that her and everyone else is picking on Jeri because she’s hot. Simple as that.

nailinmyeye on July 14, 2007 at 5:49 PM

Gee Susan….when you mention of middle aged men cavorting with girls barely beyond their teen years, do you conveniently forgive a certain cavorter-in-chief in the oral office (er.. I mean oval)? Wasn’t Monica 21 or 22?

Talk about ick!!!

kooly on July 14, 2007 at 5:49 PM

Wow… could it be that Screechy voice?

My first thought exactly.

My second thought was that guys don’t tend to like whiny, nagging women of any age, but less so old bags (disclaimer: I’m somewhere in between J. Thompson’s age and Estrich’s age.)

My third thought was the memory of this photo, which I’m sure that you male types thought had been wiped out of your mind’s eye. Sorry. :-)

baldilocks on July 14, 2007 at 5:52 PM

Now, I don’t know about anyone else, but usually it’s people’s stances on issues that get me to vote for them. Not because of my state of loneliness or dating. Of course, that just means I’m, you know, rational.

mjk on July 14, 2007 at 5:55 PM

Wonder what older women and screech think of Hillery and her hubby who gets bj’s in the Whitehorse oval office by a woman young enough to be his daughter. Shame on me.. Clenis is a democrat and that does not matter.

Wade on July 14, 2007 at 5:58 PM

Sadly I think there are some women out there who will vote sexual politics – to make a “statement” to all the oppressive misogynistic men out there. There are a number of women I’ve met who are very angry at men. The particular demographic I see this in among my acquaintances is single moms. They’re bitter about no help raising kids, fighting over child support, etc. (Perhaps they make their own bed, perhaps not. I’m not debating the accuracy of their feelings, but they do feel this way.)

Sadly, Hillary will get votes just because she’s a woman and I suspect Fred will get voted against because he ‘robbed the cradle.’

I am not a spring chicken either, and somewhere around middle age I hear a not insignificant number of women say something like, “I love my husband, but if something ever happens to him, I’ll never remarry.” So I’m not sure that older will really hold Jeri against Fred!.

anne on July 14, 2007 at 5:58 PM

I can’t help it. It makes me like Fred Thompson more. And I can’t believe I’m the only one.

Dork B. on July 14, 2007 at 5:58 PM

You mean like Clinton and Monica?

Kimmer on July 14, 2007 at 6:00 PM

Amazing.

Funny how Mrs. John Edwards (the wife, that is) gets the wagons circled by every major media outlet for days on end, until they’re forced to admit that they’re being dishonest re: Ann Coulter.

Compare that to this – attacking Fred via his wife, who has done nothing and said nothing about nobody to no one and isn’t inserting herself into the political dialogue even a fraction of an inch.

And yet – she’s attacked as “too attractive,” “too stoopid,” “being to buxemous,” being a “pole dancer,” etc. and arguably bad for America, according to Hillary Clinton hacks and the Democrat mouthpieces in the press.

No bias here, yadda, yadda.

Good Lt on July 14, 2007 at 6:00 PM

Exit question: What on earth is that lymphoma remark supposed to mean?

I think she means to imply that even when he thinks he’s dieing of cancer, Fred Thompson is still cruising for young booty.

Lehosh on July 14, 2007 at 6:02 PM

Like this woman had any intentions for supporting Fred to begin with. I am not a spring chicken either and Fred’s wife to me isn’t a problem. This is just another empty hit piece.
Fred hasn’t even thrown his hat in the ring and the hit pieces just keep on cranking out….aren’t these people concerned about any of the candiates that have declared?

Suz on July 14, 2007 at 6:03 PM

in the Whitehorse Whitehouse oval office by a woman young

Sorry was think what a horses ass Hillery is…

Wade on July 14, 2007 at 6:03 PM

BDS seems to have expanded to RDS.
Exit answer: I have no idea. I can’t even fathom the context of it.
And Kucinich I guess is never brought up, becuse he’s irrelevant? Unless Mrs. T is his VP, no bearing on his ability to me.

PowWow on July 14, 2007 at 6:03 PM

Estrich: Lonely older women might take revenge on Jeri by voting against Fred

Who asked Charlie Rangel anyway?

RightWinged on July 14, 2007 at 6:06 PM

Good grief.

This sounds almost like something csdeven would spout.

jdawg on July 14, 2007 at 6:06 PM

[baldilocks on July 14, 2007 at 5:52 PM]

Yikes! Never saw that photo and my first thought was ‘Dateless, indeed’.

Dusty on July 14, 2007 at 6:09 PM

AP: the italics have gotten loose on the main page.

andycanuck on July 14, 2007 at 6:10 PM

The Green-eyed Devils’ Vote Goes To Hillary!

What if Hillary were caught hooking up with a younger woman?

Estrich would probably find it liberating and a refreshing turnabout.

Why aren’t they honest, and just say they don’t like his politics.

Because Clinton proved they don’t care anything about: A) the truth; B) sexual misbehavior; or C) consistency.

I don’t care if Thompson is married to bisexual siamese twins as long as he pledges to defeat the Jihad.

profitsbeard on July 14, 2007 at 6:10 PM

(love may be blind, but it sure ain’t dumb).

Yet, I don’t think anyone who studied the race closely would blame Kerry’s loss on his wife’s perceived arrogance or pronounced accent.

It wasn’t “perceived” arrogance Susan, it was/is real. And no, she didn’t cost Kerry the race, nor did her accent, but she didn’t help, especially compared to Laura and her style/demeanor.

That Ace link is full of pearls. Loved it. Heh, we’ll have the first lib. Black, the first lib. woman and the first cons. gay on the ticket. What’s wrong witht that libs? The cons. beat your PC bs again.

Exit question: What on earth is that lymphoma remark supposed to mean?

No idea, except that it was made by

Susan Estrich, serious political commentator.

Sometimes I even like Susan because she can transcend from the utterly partizan left and make somewhat objective points on their shortcomings. On this one she is not lost but scared. She’s actually pretty smart and knows the political game.

She knows what a F. Thompson/Jeri vs. a Hillary Clinton/Bill would mean. The latter can’t escape the bimbo effect which will always trump the trophy one.

No, you’re not the only one, but those of you in that group already would never vote for anyone other than lib.

Entelechy on July 14, 2007 at 6:13 PM

If the future of this country were not so serious this would be no more than sophmoric diatribe on a stupid comment by a less than credible shrike ( Estrich)

Hmmmm never mind…. it is!

MNDavenotPC on July 14, 2007 at 6:18 PM

What weak hit piece. For the first twenty paragraphs or so, she cites credible evidence demonstrating that candidate’s wives, and to a lesser degree, their running mates, make no differance whatsoever in presidential elections. Then she falls back in line to get out the party message du jour: Older, bitter women will take revenge on their ex- husbands by not voting for Fred.
Susan, I’m not sure that Fred is counting on that demographic, with Hillary in the race.

The only way I could have enjoyed that article any less would be if Estrich herself had read it aloud to me.
…because, you know, the voice…sounds like she gargles lit cigars…

Dork B. on July 14, 2007 at 6:19 PM

logis on July 14, 2007 at 5:39 PM

Funny and not to the advantage of the most bitter “harridan”, Hillary.

Some mentioned above that Jeri didn’t “steal” Fred from his first wife…Another link in the past month or so mentined that his first wife is friends with Jeri and that she’ll campaign for Fred too.

We should be so lucky to only have to contend with Fred’s attractions and the libs’ take on them.

Entelechy on July 14, 2007 at 6:20 PM

Only a feminazi would even think of this garbage. I was barely a year old whne Kennedy was shot, and I don’t know where I was. Who cares!!! Kennedy was not the best president this country has had, nor is he the worst. Why keep worshipping him?

trainwife1962 on July 14, 2007 at 6:20 PM

Ted Kennedy was shot?

Dork B. on July 14, 2007 at 6:26 PM

Yes, you are.

A book came out late last year, written by 2 or 3 women who lived the free-love lifestyle. I forget the title and authors, but it basically laments that now that such women want to settle down, all the good men are taken.

Of course, those women did everything ‘right’, so it’s the fault of society for not progressing. I imagine in the minds of those holding to Susan E’s mindset, younger women should be more ‘enlightened’ and living the feminist ideal of career, free love, at least one lesbian encounter to be ‘truly liberated’, and then settle down after age fifty.

This recent piece is, in my mind, based on that premise. Most people don’t hold to it, so Susan is preaching to her choir. I see no solid traction with this even if the obsolete media tries to run with it.

Liam on July 14, 2007 at 6:28 PM

The problem is there is an element of truth to what she is saying, she is an example of a single middle aged woman, who gets upset when seeing a man around her age, who ends up with someone much younger.

It reminds her that she is aging, and it bothers her, and makes her feel unnattractive, so they take it out on those couples where the man is her age and the woman is younger. She acts all offended, talks about how they look like idiots, and how wrong it is, when in reality its less about the couple, and more about her own feelings.

Hopefully a lot of women will not fall into this, but there certainly are those who will.

firepilot on July 14, 2007 at 6:37 PM

anne on July 14, 2007 at 5:58 PM

And Hillary has the man-hating shrew vote locked up tight as a drum. And Susan Estrigen knows that better than anyone does.

The liberals are doing everything in their power to make the Republicans focus on all the WRONG things.

The Republicans won’t lose to Hillary in 08 because the First Lady is too good looking. We won’t lose to Hillary because our candidate is suspected to be “only” 99% opposed to abortion. We won’t lose to Hillary because our candidate was once an “evil” lawyer. We won’t lose to Hillary because our candidate served “only” two terms in the Senate.

logis on July 14, 2007 at 6:38 PM

What does it say that he doesn’t care that she doesn’t remember the songs and the history and the fears we grew up with? Where does it leave those of us who do?

Dateless is where. And maybe voting no.

So much for “the wisdom of repugnance” (and Leon Kass can go fvck himself). With whom ought a middle-aged man to be “cavorting,” if not a woman barely beyond her teen years? Do a shriveled uterus and dry breasts have some primacy of which I’m not aware? But I’ve had enough of these stupid rhetorical questions. I can well imagine Susan Estrich being loved by a man, as his wife from youth and the mother of his children. I can imagine some older man befriending and loving her for reasons of his own. However, it’s ridiculous for her to claim sexual parity or superiority to young women as some sort of right. I somehow have little doubt that Susan Estrich thinks evolutionary theory is true, but this tirade of hers shows she has no idea what it means for relations between men and women: Contemporary men of all ages perceive and love the signs of health and fertility in women, because the ones who couldn’t perceive them are dead and didn’t leave children. The males who could have put Susan Estrich on a level with beautiful, young females died out long ago, before males and females even became men and women.

By the account I’ve read, Susan Estrich had two children, a son and a daughter, while her body was in a condition to have them. Now, if she’s yearning for still more human significance, it seems she can achieve it politically or philosophically. However, her reproductive means are exhausted, and although men need not understand intellectually what they feel when they look at her, they perceive her unfitness instinctively, at a glance.

Kralizec on July 14, 2007 at 6:38 PM

Mary Jo Kopechne was unavailable for comment

Wade on July 14, 2007 at 6:41 PM

Oh my baldilocks…I had just eaten when I looked at that photo. My stomach is making strange noises! ROFLOL

katieanne on July 14, 2007 at 6:42 PM

Estrich: Lonely older women might take revenge on Jeri by voting against Fred

I’m assuming she’s including herself in the group. She has to be in order to write and believe such garbage. Blaming other women for their screwed up social life with men is so typical of harpies like Estrich. Strong willed men won’t put up with them, and they naturally claim it’s because they fear them. The possibility that they might be a total bitch never enters their minds. It would almost be comical if it wasn’t so sad.

Kowboy on July 14, 2007 at 6:47 PM

clutching. straws. useless.

QOTD? Who hired her to do anything, anywhere?

shooter on July 14, 2007 at 6:47 PM

No offense Mrs. Thompson! Just trying every single cut we can get away with. All’s fair in politics. Thought those smiles at the last three year’s worth of soirees were genuine? Ah ha ah ha! Silly woman.

We’re Democrats, ’nuff said.

naliaka on July 14, 2007 at 6:47 PM

Exit question: means that having a cancer diagnosis, a Demo candidate’s wife can have Complete Moral Authority but for a Repub candidate (OK, not official yet, but just semantics) it’s open season for a hit piece, even if you have to make up “rationale”.

baldilocks on July 14, 2007 at 5:52 PM]

Yikes! Never saw that photo and my first thought was ‘Dateless, indeed’.

Dusty on July 14, 2007 at 6:09 PM

Ditto.

IrishEyes on July 14, 2007 at 6:48 PM

Susan re Hillary:

Imagine, at 60, if she decided she wanted two more children. Too old, we’d all be screaming.

We wouldn’t have to scream that. Mother Nature has already spoken.

mikeyboss on July 14, 2007 at 6:54 PM

… our candidate served “only” two terms in the Senate.

logis on July 14, 2007 at 6:38 PM

Actually, I see that as “advantage, Fred!”

IrishEyes on July 14, 2007 at 6:55 PM

Fred probably thought, what the heck; any divorced older man would love to start a new life with a smart, sexy younger woman.

Since when do older divorced men owe single women of the same age a damn thing?

Zach on July 14, 2007 at 6:57 PM

I’m sorry, but this Estrich woman is SAD. Jeri is 40, not 19. Fred had been divorced for over 10 years when he married her and the first Mrs. Thompson intends to help with his campaign. Call me crazy, but if Jeri and Fred’s marriage isn’t sour grapes to her, why the heck does anyone else care? I just love how Estrich says Jeri “looks even younger than her 40 years.” What in the world is wrong with that? Per Baldilocks’ picture I refreshed my recollection that Estrich doesn’t look to’ve taken very good care of herself. What exactly is it that’s wrong with Jeri looking good for her age, other than that it brings out the little green envy monster? My mom is 50 and looks about 38, she’s also smart and about the nicest person ever. What is wrong with taking care of yourself??

hollygolightly on July 14, 2007 at 6:58 PM

The last time I saw Estrich it looked like she had a face lift. Can the boy-toys be far behind?

pocomoco on July 14, 2007 at 7:03 PM

Poor Susan. Deep down this USC professor has known for a long time that her “party” hasn’t been a decent place to call home…she defended Clinton over his perjury about Monica and defended poor lil old Hillary over that disaster. Why, at her age does she decide to get into age thing I can’t imagine, except for jealousy! Good old Susan just ain’t getter any younger.

sharinlite on July 14, 2007 at 7:05 PM

Hillary’s hit team must be having trouble digging stuff up on Fred to keep scuffing up the same old stuff over and over. Seems they’re also terrified and they should be.

Buzzy on July 14, 2007 at 7:06 PM

fred? is surely going to die the death of a thousand cuts.

fred? thompson: the candidate who alienates voters one small group at a time.

csdeven on July 14, 2007 at 7:19 PM

fred? is surely going to die the death of a thousand cuts.

fred? thompson: the candidate who alienates all voters, one small group at a time.

csdeven on July 14, 2007 at 7:19 PM

fred? is surely going to die the death of a thousand cuts.

csdeven on July 14, 2007 at 7:19 PM

C’mon dude. Even you have to admit this is over the top.

Kowboy on July 14, 2007 at 7:26 PM

Remember when Clinton was president-elect in ’92, some female comic made a remark to the effect that, “…for the first time ever we (american women) will have a president we can have sexual fantasies about.”

I don’t know how many women fantasized about Bill Clinton, (it turned out he was having sex not with them, but with their daughters)but if Fred was to get elected, we could certainly repeat that comic’s remarks about the upcoming First Lady.

jihadwatcher on July 14, 2007 at 7:28 PM

Here’s another spin on Estrich’s claim that middle aged women will be so offended by the “trophy wife” that they won’t vote for Fred……..As someone who’s roughly the same age as Jeri, I’m so insulted by Estrich’s claim that women my age are gold-digging, man-stealing, brainless twits that I will never vote for anyone on her side…..and we all know she’s a shill for Hilarry.

Does this “woman” really believe that women are so shallow?

speed911 on July 14, 2007 at 7:30 PM

baldilocks on July 14, 2007 at 5:52 PM

Heh. That picture looks like the Ultimate Warrior without any face paint.

I could care less who anybody dates or marries, as long as they treat each other well. It certainly doesn’t influence my vote. This hit piece by Estrich is just ridiculous on so many levels. And plenty of feminists are bitter harridans at 25–being a nasty person on the inside transcends physical appearance.

ReubenJCogburn on July 14, 2007 at 7:31 PM

Something tells me that a conservative Republican is not going to get the votes of feminists anyway, so I don’t think Fred alienated Susan Estrich anymore than he has alienated Michael Moore, the Left, Mexican illegals, or muslim terrorists. Anyone who could get THEIR votes is not someone who should be allowed to walk about a free man in a civilized country, much less be President of the United States.

jihadwatcher on July 14, 2007 at 7:32 PM

Newsflash from Estrichigen…women will not vote for Fred!

Here’s a reality check. Many women (and feminized men) will vote for Hill because she was born with a beaver. It will have not be because Jeri Thompson makes them look like hags (not that Estrich is feeling like a hag).

Jeri is a babe and intelligent, a solid combination and threat to mindless hags. These bozos from the left are climbing out of their tiny car by the dozens with their attacks on the Thompsons.

Fred! must really worry them.

saved on July 14, 2007 at 7:32 PM

fred? is surely going to die the death of a thousand cuts.

fred? thompson: the candidate who alienates voters one small group at a time.

csdeven on July 14, 2007 at 7:19 PM

Heh. Thanks for not disappointing us.

baldilocks on July 14, 2007 at 7:42 PM

Exit question: What on earth is that lymphoma remark supposed to mean?

Fred and Jeri were at a pro choice/gay pride rally when Jeri caught Fred scoping a tranny Paris Hilton impersonator. Jeri told Fred he might have to “limp home”. Susan was standing nearby.

dingoatemebaby on July 14, 2007 at 7:43 PM

I guess Susan didn’t read Debbie Schlussel’s latest! hahahaha dovetails nicely.

CrimsonFisted on July 14, 2007 at 7:48 PM

Can you call it that before puberty?

mikeyboss on July 14, 2007 at 7:49 PM

Dateless is where. And maybe voting no.

She ties DATELESS with voting? hahahahahahaah

Guess what Susan, you were NEVER going to like Fred Thompson, no matter what, so why bother opening your big yap? I guess she prefers her men to be philanderers.

Just because you are free to speak your mind, we are free to laugh at your opinions.

CrimsonFisted on July 14, 2007 at 7:52 PM

Jeri isn’t freds? fault, but it’s just another reason for a certain group not to vote for him.

csdeven on July 14, 2007 at 7:54 PM

Just a reminder what Estrich is up against.

An oldy but a goody!

I think we need to update this image.

CrimsonFisted on July 14, 2007 at 7:55 PM

Estrich . . . go have your voice lowered about 3 octaves.

rplat on July 14, 2007 at 8:00 PM

CrimsonFisted on July 14, 2007 at 7:55 PM

Hilarious. I had forgotten about that image!

Michelle still is hands down the most gorgeous Republican in the multiverse.

Dork B. on July 14, 2007 at 8:08 PM

The kind of hypocrisy that only a lib feminazi can get away with. If an adult woman maries a man who is twenty years older, that’s her choice. But apparently libs and progressives think they should make those choices for you. Susan is a shill for Hillary, and more than willing to cast a blind eye towards the real crimes Hillary has commited. She would rather spew hatred towards a woman who is more than capable, and competent of making her choice of who che wants to marry.

Rode Werk on July 14, 2007 at 8:11 PM

Wow, don’t write as soon as you get off of work.

Rode Werk on July 14, 2007 at 8:15 PM

Dork B. on July 14, 2007 at 8:08 PM

We need to add Jeri and update everyone else. Michelle has some great new images!

CrimsonFisted on July 14, 2007 at 8:16 PM

Susan is an embarrassment to women. I’m a woman and I know plenty of older women who would never think that way. Thank you Susan for showing us all how inept you are. I won’t soon be reading any more of your columns. I suggest you seek therapy. sheesh.
One good thing about this….showing the world who you truly are! A dolt.

bridgetown on July 14, 2007 at 8:19 PM

Susan just needs the tender loving of a warm, capable man.
I wonder if she’s aware of eharmony.com?

Dork B. on July 14, 2007 at 8:23 PM

Okay, while I am by no means lonely, I am single, and 50, with no gentleman friend anywhere between here and the horizon. So I’m supposed to be jealous of a man who has a much younger wife? And vote against him soley out of spite?

Ooooookkkkkaaaaayyyyy…

I’m just not gettin’ this, will someone help me?

Bob's Kid on July 14, 2007 at 8:35 PM

Don’t get all the anger re Fred. Let him declare whenever he wants (IF he wants). This thing started WAY too early anyway. Kind of funny how everyone said “we’re off!”, and if you didn’t join in at that point, you’re lazy, etc. Now, they’re inventing ways to stab at him. If he’s so irrelevant, why all the fuss? I kind of like how he’s waiting. If he ends up not running, we all still get to vote…

JWS on July 14, 2007 at 9:06 PM

Susan’s hormones have gone wacky again.

infidel4life on July 14, 2007 at 9:14 PM

and this woman is law professor at highly esteemed So. Cal. school? wow must have tenure, from 40 yrs ago.

oldernslower on July 14, 2007 at 9:32 PM

If sexin’ up lonely older women will get Fred votes; then by golly, I’m willing to take that bullet. (No fat chicks, though) :P

lorien1973 on July 14, 2007 at 9:37 PM

I’ve always thought it so sad Susan attained Senile Dementia so very early in life.

Griz on July 14, 2007 at 9:46 PM

AP, as far as the divorce happening in 1985, before he met Jeri, the obvious comeback from the point of view of someone as desperate as Estrich is that he was starting to get by in Hollywood by then, and he was starting to show up at all the Hollywood parties, around all that hot young starlet cooz.

Mark V. on July 14, 2007 at 9:49 PM

The NEW DIRECTION DEMOCRATS would rather see her as Rosie’s trophy wife? Yuuuuuuuuuuuuk!!!! At least Fred don’t roll his cigarettes up in his shirt sleeves!

DfDeportation on July 14, 2007 at 9:53 PM

But will it earn him votes among the grumpy old men?

conservativecaveman on July 14, 2007 at 9:53 PM

For her to say she will not be voting for Thompson is like 95% of us saying we will not be voting for Clinton, no shit.

WoosterOh on July 14, 2007 at 9:56 PM

Brains! I need to eat brains!

cmdrsubfleet on July 14, 2007 at 9:59 PM

cmdrsubfleet on July 14, 2007 at 10:02 PM

Susan will NEVER be called a trophy anything.

Oh, I don’t know. I think she’d make a dandy trophy wife for Gollum.

trigon on July 14, 2007 at 10:03 PM

I thought that lymphoma line was that Fred? wouldn’t be around to raise the kid. Which is kind of wierd because I would have expected that Estrogenless would have support Jeri’s choice to be a future single mom. Career AND motherhood.

Ostrich does swerve around good point here though. A big chunk of the left’s base are single women who view the government as their sugar daddy. With Fred? as the head of the government, him being with an accomplished younger woman they would feel threatened. Monica did not pose such a threat, because she was just a another gold-digger sucking on the …, well you get my point.

pedestrian on July 14, 2007 at 10:10 PM

NEW DIRECTION DEMOCRATS like Estrich think that consentual sex between and adult man and women is rape. Need I say more?

DfDeportation on July 14, 2007 at 10:14 PM

Susan Estrich – Stupid, Ugly, Screechy. The typical liberal.

What she says about old, stupid, ugly, screechy women not voting for Fred! is true. But they wouldn’t have voted for him no matter who he was married to.

If the point of her article is that old, stupid, ugly, screechy women aren’t going to vote for Fred!, well, it’s not like we didn’t already know that. In fact, Fred!’s response should be: “If you’re old, stupid, ugly, and screechy I don’t want your vote. My presidency would feel tainted, somehow.”

jaime on July 14, 2007 at 10:21 PM

baldilocks on July 14, 2007 at 5:52 PM

HOLY COW! It’s the crypt keeper in a wig!

DCJeff on July 14, 2007 at 10:42 PM

Is it just me, or does Susan Estrich sound just like Carol Channing? Both voices annoying, and neither should be taken seriously.

MsUnderestimated on July 14, 2007 at 11:06 PM

Lonely old women, such as herself.
Not to mention ugly.

ataloss on July 14, 2007 at 11:14 PM

Susan Estrogin sounds like a screeching harpy (always has) I never could follow a single argument she has given.

Probably jealous of Jeri for having such a ‘stud’ for a husband.

Frank facts about Fred Thompson

All true….

CrazyFool on July 14, 2007 at 11:16 PM

Exit question rethought, in Estrich’s warped mind: If her argument that his “trophy wife” isn’t reason enogh not to vote for him. Get this, he’s got lymphoma, and he’s having kids he’ll never live to see grow up. Now I had to get in her head for that one. And let me tell ya…it’s dark

PowWow on July 14, 2007 at 11:20 PM

I’t not sure if Estrich realizes how old she is–and that each and every day, more and more voters are younger than her

…and they don’t see Fred’s wife as all that young, or see all that much difference between 40 and 60. ( sad fact: young folks tend to see everyone over thirty-ish as having One Foot in the Grave

Janos Hunyadi on July 14, 2007 at 11:22 PM

It says he found a woman he loves and it ain’t a bitter old hag like you.

BacaDog on July 14, 2007 at 11:26 PM

It’s disappointing that, of all the opinion influencing people on the left, Susan would be the one to sneer about Fred’s wife as a way to attack him.

Jeri Thompson’s assets? An insinuation about middle-aged men cavorting with girls barely beyond their teens? She wasn’t alive when JFK was shot?

Susan herself has been open about certain family issues she has, and despite the differences in our politics, I used to give her credit for more humanity.

RushBaby on July 14, 2007 at 11:54 PM

Exit question: What on earth is that lymphoma remark supposed to mean?

dingoatemebaby on July 14, 2007 at 7:43 PM

Funny stuff, dingo! I enjoy your comments. They have a laser-beam quality.

RushBaby on July 15, 2007 at 12:25 AM