Video: Cartoonishly anti-American Canadian interviews Ayaan Hirsi Ali

posted at 6:12 pm on July 13, 2007 by Allahpundit

Not quite parody but dangerously close. How can she be so disgustingly pro-American, he wonders, and yet so stridently anti-Islamic? Doesn’t she see that Islamists and “Christianists” are two sides of the same coin?

Things pick up towards the end but she never retreats. Just one of the many reasons she has my vote for the vice presidency next year. Click the image to watch.

aha.jpg

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Addendum to the above: By comments, I refer to the comments on the website beneath her video interview. Not the comments here.

Glynn on July 14, 2007 at 7:00 AM

The comments on the CBC website are so one-sided, I assume the comments supporting Ayaan Hirsi Ali’s opinions are being filtered. Surely some Canadians can see Avi Lewis is a twat.

smitgx1 on July 14, 2007 at 7:51 AM

The debate on the separation of church and state has been raging in this country for over 200 years and, to some extent, a metastability has been found and the idea of rendering unto Caesar that which is Caesars is respected.

In Islam such a concept would seem to be inconsistent with the Qur’an and the hadith. As soon as Muhammad moved from Mecca to Medina the political (and military) aspects of Islam became an integral part of the “revelation” (Read Robert Spencer’s article on Sura 2 in this blog where the basis for Shari’a law is laid out). All that is permitted is for the believers to lay low until they can take (political) control, impose Shari’a, collect the Jizya (protection money) from the people of the book and assimilate future generations as has happened since “god’s army” broke out of Arabia.

Ms. Ali understands this and that idiot interviewer does not. She is an apostate from Islam and has become an atheist and lives under constant threat. In the U.S. believers (in any religion), unbelievers, atheists and agnostics all have equal status. This woman has earned respect and certainly has mine.

Annar on July 14, 2007 at 8:20 AM

This Canadian walking cup of breast milk should actually go live in a Muslim country for a while after which I can guarantee that he would come back (perhaps even to the “evil America”) and kiss the ground. Talk about being in someone’s back pocket….this liberal tit is most definitely in the socialist one. Oh yes, I forgot, he’s a liberal tit who knows all.

lynnv on July 14, 2007 at 8:55 AM

Look, rabid Christians, mind your own damn business and keep your religious beliefs out of the debate over social policies such as gay rights, abortion rights, stem-cell research and Terri Schiavo…

The Sinner on July 13, 2007 at 10:30 PM

Sinner dude,

What a lame brained argument!

Gosh, maybe we shouldn’t bother outlawing murder since it could be construed as a “religious belief” since it’s in the Ten Commandments.

As for myself, common sense and ethics play a very big part in my political “beliefs” which lead me to conclude that farming fetuses (for example)is unethical.

We can debate how much my ethics are guided by Christian principles – but you’re going to have a tough time explaining how this country was founded without them.

Buy Danish on July 14, 2007 at 8:56 AM

I left a long comment seriously questioning Avi Lewis’ assumptions and biases during the interview and in his intro, which I thought spun her life in the worst possible way, in the comments section about eight hours ago. There was nothing obscene or particularly nasty about it, I thought. I don’t know if the CBC is still taking comments on the segment or not, but it hasn’t shown up yet.

Aardvark on July 14, 2007 at 9:01 AM

The Sinner on July 14, 2007 at 12:52 AM

Sinner meet speed911, read and learn.

speed911 on July 14, 2007 at 12:57 AM

Nobody is forcing religion down your throat. I will bet you receive more convincing articles everyweek regarding what grocery store to shop at than you receive what church to attend. Those darn Piggly Wiggly stores, putting inserts in the paper trying to convert you. You get more info about what sports team to support, what cosmetics to buy, what car is cool to drive, what fast food to buy. You get on this thread and someone mentions religion, and you go berserk. And this threads foundation was religion. How do we discuss religion, without mentioning religion?

Sinner, take a look at why you are so angry, why you feel so put upon, why you are upset at something that you feel does not even exist. Why you are so driven to call people names that have done you no harm, and in fact want to help you. Find out why you are more angry at Christians than you are at you local grocery store.

right2bright on July 14, 2007 at 9:43 AM

All I can say is WOW!!!

When will Hot Air get an interview with this fine, classy, and highly intelligent lady?

TheFamousOne on July 14, 2007 at 9:46 AM

Look, rabid Christians, mind your own damn business and keep your religious beliefs out of the debate over social policies such as gay rights, abortion rights, stem-cell research and Terri Schiavo.

You don’t have to be Christian to reject abortion “rights”. If, as most scientists believe, its a human being growing in the woman then surely killing the foetus is an act of murder. No one wants to drive libertarians like yourself and Ron Paul out of the GOP.

aengus on July 14, 2007 at 10:19 AM

Wow, as a Canadian, I saw Avi Lewis is full of crap. He states unsupported opinion as fact while both attacking Ayaan’s views and defending his own. My guess is he’s looking for ratings by generating some controversy.

She put the boots to him though, nicely done!

BTW I’ve been floating around up here in Canada for over 4 decades and the only person I’ve ever met who claimed to dislike Americans was my dad. He claimed they shot at him during WWII do I guess it’s understandable. I think he was just grouching anyway as he also had several American friends.

atadOFF on July 14, 2007 at 10:23 AM

Wow! What an extraordianry woman. Our own politicians could learn a lot from her demeanor and intellect.

She kicked that losers behind, without breaking a sweat.

NORBZ1 on July 14, 2007 at 10:43 AM

Kirstie Alley is looking a lot better these days.

What?

the wolf on July 14, 2007 at 11:01 AM

Hirsi Ali is such a wonderful soul. All that intelligence, grace and beauty rolled up into a small package.

LOL. Sinner putting himself into the same category as Hitchens and AP. A Hitchens you are not, sinner. What a goof. Starting to fall back into my liberal name calling again. Can’t stop. What a goofy twit. I’m sorry.

captivated_dem on July 14, 2007 at 11:48 AM

I dislike the lot of them, and pretty much think the CBC should be sold off for scrap… would save the tax payers of canada about $1 billion per year, not including all the additional hidden taxes that we suffer under for various “production” funds.

Canadian Imperialist Running Dog on July 14, 2007 at 11:54 AM

I think it is so disgusting how these idiots treat Ali. They can’t stand an intelligent woman that is bringing forth truths about Islam from her own experience. They can’t stand it that she loves the US, because of their hate for the US and so on. They have to go on the same ole’ BS about Christianity being just as bad as Islam, Christianity in US politics being just as bad as Sharia Law, and so on, etc…….so pathetic! Makes me cringe at the stupidity.

nottakingsides on July 14, 2007 at 12:13 PM

“You grew up with freedom, so you can spit on freedom.”

Lot of that goin’ around.

Zach on July 13, 2007 at 6:34 PM

She doesn’t hold back a bit but the interviewer deserved it as he was being dismissive and insulting IMO with his little anti-America rant.

I always enjoy listening/watching Ayaan Hirsi Ali interviews. She takes the attacks and answers calmly and sensibly IMO. Those who disagree with her give her the bigot label (or worse want to cut her head off) but I for one admire her courage for going after radical Islam and for defending her new home here in America. Though she was not born here I think she is an American in heart, mind and soul.

Yakko77 on July 14, 2007 at 12:34 PM

All I can say is WOW!!!

TheFamousOne on July 14, 2007 at 9:46 AM

I too would love to see that. Michelle Malkin and Ayaan Hirsi Ali in the same room discussing the important issues and talking about what makes this nation great would be a treat indeed.

However, in a way, I almost like it better when Ayaan Hirsi Ali or Michelle Malkin are being interviewed by someone who disagrees with them and even goes so far as to attack them. Their message comes out even stronger when facing down those who cannot handle the truth and/or reality.

Yakko77 on July 14, 2007 at 12:41 PM

I liked the way that guy stated “a note was pinned to his body”, “pinned”, the reality is the note was stabbed into the Theo van Goghs chest.

KCtheKat on July 14, 2007 at 1:33 PM

Ayaan Hirsi Ali should replace Karen Hughes immediately.

Entelechy on July 14, 2007 at 1:36 PM

I am also a Canadian working in the USA, lo these last 10 years.
This Avi Lewis interview of Ms. Ayaan Hirsi Ali is “Exhibit A” in my Canadian Hall of Broadcast Shame.
Randy

williars on July 14, 2007 at 2:18 PM

I think we all felt a little humbled watching her. Welcome to America beautiful Lady.

Ernest on July 14, 2007 at 2:40 PM

It’s so interesting that this repugnant piece of dung gives us a rather lengthy bio of Ali, but fails to mention that she lives virtually in hiding and has armed guards 24/7 because the note pinned to Van Gogh’s body wasn’t “addressed to her” as this lame lefty journalist says, IT THREATENED HER LIFE! Where is his outrage that this beautiful, peaceful woman is being hunted down for the crime of speaking freely? why isn’t THAT the subject of his story? And how does he sit there, in his pompous glory, and challenge her knowledge of the Islamic world with CAIR talking points? The very fact that she hasn’t been “schooled” in the “American myths,” but rather learned them as powerful truths in her very real search for peace and freedom should be enough to open his eyes, but he’s made his choice, and he chooses radical Islam over democracy.

Honestly, this bizarre and evil alliance the Western left has made with the jihadists will be their undoing. I truly believe that history’s ultimate take on the war on terror will be that the American and European left exposed its own evil when it sided with the murderous Islamic fundamentalists against all of humanity.

Rational Thought on July 14, 2007 at 3:03 PM

Fabulous.
Thanks for the link AllahPundit.

thejackal on July 13, 2007 at 7:00 PM

Agreed.
She’s a class act.
Her concision and calm demeanor are very attractive.

brewt on July 14, 2007 at 3:09 PM

And to think my tax dollars pay this turd’s salary.

Kevin on July 14, 2007 at 3:12 PM

Honestly, this bizarre and evil alliance the Western left has made with the jihadists will be their undoing. Rational Thought on July 14, 2007 at 3:03 PM

Some of the crusaders made the same mistake of “winning over hearts and minds” of the jihadis. They paid dearly for their mistake. Europe is making the same mistake today.

Mojave Mark on July 14, 2007 at 3:18 PM

captivated_dem on July 14, 2007 at 11:48 AM

So I am a liberal because I don’t believe in God? More proof that you religious nuts have taken over the GOP and are responsible for it’s sorry state. No, I am not Hitchens, and you are lucky, for Hitchens would chew you up and spit you out, exposing you as the weak-minded fool you are.

The Sinner on July 14, 2007 at 3:22 PM

Just watched, and pardon me if I say again what another commenter as said, as I don’t have the time to read all of the comments.
When she said, You can come to America with nothing and become someone who has all. (do not know exact quote)
The interviewer said something about American CLICHES.
How maddening.
How dishonest. I know of more than one person coming from other countries, with literally, the clothes on their backs making a dream come true for themselves.
Journalism is a joke these days. Maddening. What a complete jack*ss this guy is doing the interviewing.

bridgetown on July 14, 2007 at 3:27 PM

To: TheSinner:
Religious Nuts have not taken over the GOP.
The sorry state of the GOP is because they will not do what their voters ask. Close the border, Enforce Illegal Immigration Laws, and stand up to the pathetic liberals/dems in congress who crap on our soldiers in the field.
Your petty argument about stem cell research is pathetic. NOBODY EVER outlawed Stem Cell research. It’s a matter of Government funding, which in turn, means ME or US paying for the research. If you so believe in things like this, GIVE YOUR MONEY, and get on with your life.

bridgetown on July 14, 2007 at 3:34 PM

Who is this dork? He must be the George Stephanoftenputz and Keith Olberman of Canada.

Drum on July 14, 2007 at 3:38 PM

bridgetown on July 14, 2007 at 3:34 PM

You are delusional if you think religious issues are not to blame for the GOP’s woes. The ugly stem cell fight in Missouri between Jim Talent/Claire McCaskill & Michael J. Fox/Rush Limbaugh is what turned the Senate to the Dems. Talent wouldn’t support the funding, not to save taxpayer $, but because of “moral concerns”. Like I said, thank your Christianity for Harry Reid, Senate Majority Leader.

The Sinner on July 14, 2007 at 4:02 PM

I was deeply impressed by how pleasant Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Avi Lewis were to each other. I doubt that there is any hope for Avi, but it was the best environment possible for getting through to him. And to give Avi credit, at least his cheap shot at Ali was one of incredulity and one of anger. I fear too many people on the right think that anger should be part of the dialog, but it shouldn’t be. We have the facts on our side on most arguments and shouldn’t be afraid to politely argue.

thuja on July 14, 2007 at 4:18 PM

Canada: Leading the world in being just north of the United States.

unamused on July 14, 2007 at 4:21 PM

Sinner,

Yes, there are “moral concerns” about stem cell research.

Do you think that Bioethics is a field strictly confined to religious fanatics?

Sheesh.

Buy Danish on July 14, 2007 at 4:34 PM

Sorry about the weird bolding! There is no deeper meaning there, just a clerical error.

Buy Danish on July 14, 2007 at 4:36 PM

I think this guy is trying to be the Keith Oblermann of Canadian TV. The moral equivalence between Shari’a-run theocracies and America never ceases to amaze me. The suggestion that violence was roughly equivalent, i.e. “They shoot abortion doctors…” is just incredibly dense.

But I seem to recall Glenn Reynolds endorsing the same view a few months ago. And I know he’s no dummy.

John on July 14, 2007 at 4:47 PM

John on July 14, 2007 at 4:47 PM

I think he’s trying out for a spot on MSNBC myself

PowWow on July 14, 2007 at 5:11 PM

This Avi guy needs an ass-whooping.

RobertCSampson on July 14, 2007 at 6:02 PM

Wow! just Wow!

Ali was so good.

The interviewer was such an idiot! Good to see her turn every one of his ‘DNC Talking points’ questions right back on him

Good points:

If muslims are being so persecuted in the US why aren’t they leaving in mass? (like they are in Baghdad and Lebanon).

There is no such thing as Islamophobia because Islam isn’t race. It isn’t the same as antisemitism which is against a particular race.

Read the ‘hand-picked’ comments on the site….

CrazyFool on July 14, 2007 at 6:16 PM

Can’t God correct his mistake and miraculously exchange Daniel Pearl for this Great White Assclown?

I don’t think anyone would complain.

(You’re allowed a cosmic slip-up every now and then.)

profitsbeard on July 14, 2007 at 6:21 PM

Allah wasn’t kidding about the cartoonishness of the guy, but man, I just love Ali. I think the best line was when she said something about how she wasn’t brought up in freedom and that he in his luxury can spit on democracy because he doesn’t know what it’s like to live without it.

Esthier on July 14, 2007 at 6:59 PM

What I think some of you might not fully appreciate is that this has nothing to do with President Bush, Iraq, or any other recent affairs. Certain Canadians have had this type of attitude for a LONG time. My favorite example is from back in 1985 when the Toronto Blue Jays and KC Royals played for the American League Championship. (Yes, kids, there was a time when the Royals were the best team in baseball.) In a game in Toronto, some idiot fan ran onto the field. A Canadian announcer–I don’t recall if he was on TV or radio–sneered, “He MUST be an American!”

Somehow we heard a lot less about that bigotry than we did a few years later when a dumb but honest mistake resulted in a Canadian flag being carried upside down by Americans in the World Series…

radjah shelduck on July 14, 2007 at 7:56 PM

I resent this Canadian douchebag making his living bashing the US. These geeks and the BBC have created a whole industry based soley on bashing the US. I lived in South Florida where a good number of Canadians have immigrated. These people are obsessed with money to the point of a mental disorder. Not that they were wealthy by any means. They were like a plague of insecure control freak locusts. Nobody in town (Ft.Lauderdale) would deal with them………STFU! sinnerYou couldn’t shine Hitchens shoes or wipe Allah’s butt.

What the hell does the supposed “law” of your “God” (and do you know how crazy you sound?) have to do with what consenting adults do behind closed doors? Like I said, mind your own damn business! If you Christian nutcases kept the GOP true to Republican principles, like keeping government out of people’s personal lives and separating church from state, the congress would not be in the hands of the Dhimmicrats! The sooner the GOP purges itself of you 700 Club zealots and gets back to it’s true Libertarian roots the better! Christopher Hitchens, AP and people like myself are the only hope left to save this party!………….. The Sinner on July 14, 2007 at 12:52 STFU sinnerMark Foley! Purge all the HOMO’s from the Republican party.
The GOP downfall NOTHING to do with religion? Really? OK, let me list some issues that cost the GOP in 2006: Terri Schiavo, stem cells, and abortion. In each case the GOP took a stand against the clear majority of the American public. Why? The religious zealots, ofcourse. For example, if Jim Talent’s “God” hadn’t told him to vote against “sinful” stem-cell research, we would still have the Senate. Thank your Christianity for Harry Reid, folks!

The Sinner on July 14, 2007 at 1:25 AM

The Sinner on July 14, 2007 at 12:52

sonnyspats1 on July 14, 2007 at 9:45 PM

Michael Moore hearts Canada.

krabbas on July 14, 2007 at 10:37 PM

Michael Moore hearts eats Canada.

krabbas on July 14, 2007 at 10:37 PM

There. Fixed it. :)

And back to the point…as always, Ayaan is a calm voice of pure reason in a storm of unadulterated idiocy. Beautiful courageous and intelligent woman – we love and admire you endlessly!

tickleddragon on July 14, 2007 at 11:37 PM

This Avi guy needs an ass-whooping.

RobertCSampson on July 14, 2007 at 6:02 PM

Watch the interview. He gets one!

soundingboard on July 15, 2007 at 12:42 AM

What a twerp. What’s interesting though are the comments left by CBC types. anyone who would dream of saying things in favour of the U.S.A. is, according to them, a racist and an “Islamaphobe”. A courageous and composed woman. That CBC guy doesn’t even belong in the same room as her.

mark on July 15, 2007 at 1:11 AM

Too many comments to read in the time I have available, so many someone has already pointed it out, but if not, then know this:

That complete and utter f***ing tool Avi Lewis used to be the “newsmsn” for the Canadian version of MTV, Muchmusic. A real serious journalist, eh?

(Incidentally, John Roberts, of CNN, also used to work for Muchmusic… as a longhaired VJ!)

Frozen Tex on July 15, 2007 at 1:32 AM

RightWinged, thanks for posting the Wikipedia background on Avi Lewis. His NDP roots explain his toxic anti-Americanism, which fits right in at the CBC.

DavePa on July 15, 2007 at 9:46 AM

I hate feeling as though I have to apologize for my country. And so I won’t. Lewis is a spoilt, pampered little asshole, just one of many up here.

I feel compelled to reply to TheBigOldDog, who expressed anger, and justly so, at Canadians who booed at his national anthem during a kids’ hockey game in a tournament here.

Not long after 9/11, a Montreal Canadiens crowd booed the American national anthem before a game. Roundly. It was deeply humiliating for those of us who have the decency to find such a thing embarrassing.

It so happened that I was at a Leafs game a couple of days later. I was really afraid that the same thing would happen, and made up my mind that I would cheer the American anthem regardless of whatever was happening near me.

I don’t mind telling you that I was scared, as we all know how liberals are entirely capable of violence when their intolerance is handed back to them.

I needn’t have worried. The vast majority of the crowd erupted in cheers at the Star Spangled Banner, loudly enough that one could hardly sing along.

When the last notes faded away, and the Canadian national anthem began, the cheering was even louder, as though the crowd had realized that there was, in at least some places in the country, a reason to feel proud of their anthem. I was not the only one who wept at that game, partly out of pride that this one group of Canadians, at least, had redeemed their bigoted countrymen, to the degree that they could; and partly out of sadness that the simple act of showing respect to another country, a friendly, neighbouring country, which has made sacrifices of blood on our behalf and at our side, would be a source of such pride, when in fact that respect should simply be assumed.

It was an extremely powerful moment, and I hope, BigOldDog, that you will consider this, and forgive us.

Mambo Bananapatch on July 15, 2007 at 3:48 PM

Have you noticed how Lewis looks like one of the Cylons?

georgej on July 15, 2007 at 4:37 PM

You can worship your voodoo all you like just don’t IMPOSE your beliefs on me or anyone else. You know, you and the jihadis have something in common; you are trying to tie your religion in with the national government. Scary, ay?

Yo, Sinner, have some respect. This isn’t the Daily Kos or something where you just let’er rip everytime someone disagrees with you. You’re also displaying the all the classic lib “argumentation” moves. Smear–Chrisianity becomes “voodoo,” followed by ad hominem (you could look it up), implying, if not stating that he is a Jihadi. If you’re going to hang around here, you’re going to have to do better than that. For a classic version of your post writ large (the smear + ad hominem combo) go back in the archives a few days and watch Michael Moore going ballistic on Wolf Blitzer. That will give you a great object lesson in how ineffectual and self-damning these tactics are.

smellthecoffee on July 15, 2007 at 5:20 PM

So I am a liberal because I don’t believe in God?

Sinner, people think you are a liberal because you argue exactly like one. You bring no facts, none that are correct anyway, and instead just indulge in name calling. I’m beginning to think you are a troll, in fact, and you know what happens to trolls on this blog. They starve because no one will feed them.

smellthecoffee on July 15, 2007 at 5:25 PM

Avi Lewis. Proof that the Joos don’t run the world. Hirsi Ali. Proof that liberals will throw any of their natural constituencies under the bus for the sake of Allah.

smellthecoffee on July 15, 2007 at 5:27 PM

The liberals who watch the show probably applauded the interviewer for his no nonsense qustions. However, his questions were not thoe of an intelligent person seeking information but a left wing radical showing his ignorance of the world.

It became clear that the interviwer is a bomb thrower intent upon getting a heated reaction.

Ali’s strength is that she responded clearly and concisely without rising to the bait.

davod on July 15, 2007 at 6:26 PM

Sorry:

Post repeated with corrected for spelling (I hope I got everything).

The liberals who watch the show probably applauded the interviewer for his no nonsense questions. However, his questions were not those of an intelligent person seeking information but a left wing radical showing his ignorance of the world.

It became clear that the interviewer is a bomb thrower intent upon getting a heated reaction.

davod on July 15, 2007 at 6:29 PM

What an incredible tool that guy is…
How classy is Ali?

We have two challenges in the world. Radical Islam, and people who think like this jabroni…

Dirthead on July 15, 2007 at 9:37 PM

Obviously a graduate of the Neil Young School of America-Hating …

Ali-Bubba on July 16, 2007 at 1:55 AM

Hirsi Ali totally pwned that guy; she’s definitely got class. You can see at some points she was even rolling her eyes – I am so impressed she kept her composure around someone so smug.

emmaline1138 on July 16, 2007 at 4:24 AM

Am I the only one that finds her to be pretty easy on the eyes? lol.

Just wondering.

moonbat monitor on July 16, 2007 at 8:37 AM

She just kept “intellectually Bi^%tch slapping” him unrelentingly.
Every point he raised she dealt with absolute perfect logic.
So he just moved on to the next point where she would slap him again.
God bless Ayaan Hirsi Ali and YES! God Bless America.

TheSitRep on July 16, 2007 at 9:07 AM

Amazing how snotty you can get when YOUR southern border is secure. Just a thought

Bobber on July 16, 2007 at 10:23 AM

That guy is stuck on stupid.

Hilts on July 16, 2007 at 1:05 PM

I think “The Sinner” is an AP sockpuppet so he can be all edgy and iconoclastic. Sad, really.

TBinSTL on July 17, 2007 at 9:43 PM

“She just kept “intellectually Bi^%tch slapping” him unrelentingly.”

Darn, you beat me to it, SitRep.

N. O'Brain on July 18, 2007 at 8:29 AM

As a Toronto Canadian, it gets pretty lonely sometimes at dinner parties etc. being the only conservative in the room.

Some observations:

The province of Quebec which is about 80% French background too often is the tail that wags the Canadian dog. Because of our history and paying lip service to bilingualism, we have way too many Prime Ministers from Quebec, both English and native French speakers. (Harper at present is a rarity from Western Canada). Quebec is basically just like France, highly socialist and therefore backward economically but because of our system here, the “have” (non-socialist)provinces of Ontario and oil-rich Alberta have to subsidize Quebec’s socialist fantasies. It is the Quebec French who are most heavily anti-American, anti-war, pro-Palestinian etc. all the leftist causes. It is also they who congregate in Florida giving Canadians a bad name so do not judge us all by these hypocrites.

Avi Lewis is a third generation red diaper baby, born of Jewish liberals and married to his female counterpart. Both families are wealthy but patronizingly sure they are helping the less fortunate with their ignorant leftism. It is enough to cause a reassessment of the hitherto earned reputation for intelligence in the Jewish community since they are so foolishly fixated on evangelical Christians and abortion while Muslims have declared that Holocaust I is a myth and Holocaust II is on its way courtesy of the Iranians destroying Israel.

Lewis’ presumption in preaching to an ex-Muslim about Islam is breathtaking as is his seeming ignorance that the Muslims he is so concerned about “suffering” Islamophobia think of him as just a dirty Jew, a useful idiot as Stalin named them. He doesn’t even know the basics, that the Old Testament of the Bible cannot be compared to the Koran in their literalness or that Christians accept separation of Church and State whereas for devout Muslims, the State MUST follow Islamic religions law i.e. sharia.

Like the BBC., the CBC is totally controlled by leftists who are quite shameless about it. When studies emerge about their bias, they basically say, so what? We’re on the side of the angels and our opponents are evil and we reflect popular thought. On the other hand, they are dead set against putting their money where their mouth is i.e. against privatization as they know their supporters would not pony up the billion leeched from taxpayers’ pockets now. It gives them additional pleasure to gouge money from the unwilling conservatives like me.

Sinner must have some personal problem to work out as being an atheist should not necessitate attacks on all people of religion, just those who are killing people world-wide in the name of their religion which is oh, let’s see, Muslims.

Atheists should give credit where credit is due. In contemporary history, the only truly successful and most decent countries had Judeo-Christianity as a founding pillar. Atheists have the Soviet Union and Mao’s China with a total of a hundred million deaths on their side of the ledger, so pot, don’t be criticizing. Atheists have also encouraged millions of abortions. You don’t have to be religious to sense or think that’s a bad idea.

The Western Christian ethos is what beat back Islamic invasions in previous centuries and is all that’s standing between the new Islamic caliphate and destruction of feminism, sexual licence with its liberal abortions and homosexuals, all the pet atheist and liberal causes.

A little respect is due, and I say this as a not particularly religious person myself, but one who knows that all the good human qualities are commoner in surprise!! Christian populations, documented by numerous studies. Christians are happier and more likely to help others. On the other hand, altruism is uncommon in the gay population, and in Islam as practised. Islam is the only world religion without a form of the golden rule.

Keep your eye on the true enemy and hope there’s a Christian around to help in your hour of need.

tarkus on July 20, 2007 at 11:35 PM