Video: Cartoonishly anti-American Canadian interviews Ayaan Hirsi Ali

posted at 6:12 pm on July 13, 2007 by Allahpundit

Not quite parody but dangerously close. How can she be so disgustingly pro-American, he wonders, and yet so stridently anti-Islamic? Doesn’t she see that Islamists and “Christianists” are two sides of the same coin?

Things pick up towards the end but she never retreats. Just one of the many reasons she has my vote for the vice presidency next year. Click the image to watch.

aha.jpg

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

“Is there a school where they teach you these American cliches?”

No, but in school we do learn canadian cliches, ey?

Blake on July 13, 2007 at 6:16 PM

Just because she’s the enemy of our enemy does not mean she’s
our friend.

spike on July 13, 2007 at 6:27 PM

As a Canadian (dual citizen), I assure you we’re not all anti-American… just most of us.

In half of them, it’s harmless enough – they’re just jealous and afraid that we won’t be able to hold onto our national identity in light of the giant to the south. The other half drink the koolaid of the Left, and fantasize about Canada being part of Europe.

I do find encouragement in the fact that we managed to elect Harper, though.

pifactorial on July 13, 2007 at 6:28 PM

Just because she’s the enemy of our enemy does not mean she’s
our friend.

spike on July 13, 2007 at 6:27 PM

Yes, and just because your an American, it doesn’t mean you can’t act UN American.

Romeo13 on July 13, 2007 at 6:29 PM

I was just thinking how repulsive people like the host are, those who criticize from the north shore, so-to-speak, when she said – you grew up with freedom so you spit on freedom. Spot on!

Spirit of 1776 on July 13, 2007 at 6:30 PM

Another moonbat who let’s his little head rule his big head.

TheBigOldDog on July 13, 2007 at 6:32 PM

He’s a tool, and she needs to run for congress.

Kowboy on July 13, 2007 at 6:32 PM

“You grew up with freedom, so you can spit on freedom.”

Lot of that goin’ around.

Zach on July 13, 2007 at 6:34 PM

Most of what she says is true for Canada as well. It is amazing that liberals have so little faith in a society that allows them to…ah you know step outside the door of your house everyday without being killed.

Resolute on July 13, 2007 at 6:34 PM

The little pinhead does not deserve to sit in the same room as
Ayaan. She understands liberty and freedom better than most Americans. She is in her blood, though not yet by law, an American. How refreshing! If only Republicans, if only our own President would speak with such clarity. She never raised her voice once, but her words were powerful.

JellyToast on July 13, 2007 at 6:36 PM

I just laughed. How smug was that bastard? Hey bud, why don’t you cover your own country? Why not show all the Canadians who come over to Buffalo, to get their MRI’s because they have to wait so long?

How many people try to enter the US by any means necessary, even *gasp* illegally? Now, contrast that to how many try to enter Canada.

If the US is soooo bad, then why do so many risk life and limb to come to the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!

Take off, hoser!

rightside on July 13, 2007 at 6:37 PM

I truly felt like saying something vile about Canada after watching this.

Fortunately, I know too many good Canadians – so I’ll keep my mouth shut. Bless you all. Forgive my thoughts.

The interviewer is a classic, brainwashed, liberal douchebag. Nothing else needs to be said.

But for the record … this woman, this is what a hero looks like. This woman is the real deal. The real live version of Jack Bauer and Chuck Norris and Fred! all wrapped up in one.

People like her are the hope for the world. God doesn’t need to bless her – he bless us by giving her to us.

Professor Blather on July 13, 2007 at 6:38 PM

Another infuriating video, thanks a lot AP. I wish she’d gone Smeaton on him and “put a boot in” or “set about” him.

By the way, via Wikipedia, no wonder this douche turned out to be so… douchey:

Avram David (Avi) Lewis (1968– ) is documentary filmmaker, and is the son of two famous Canadians — Stephen Lewis (former Ontario New Democratic Party leader, former Canadian ambassador to the United Nations, and UN special envoy for HIV/AIDS in Africa) and Michele Landsberg (journalist). He is also the grandson of former New Democratic Party of Canada (NDP) leader, David Lewis,

Oh, and this bit doesn’t have me concerned at all (/sarcasm)

He also served as MuchMusic’s political specialist — by doing extensive special events coverage for the channel designed to engage youth in the political process.

Yeah, such an unbiased guy is suited for engaging youth in the political process.

RightWinged on July 13, 2007 at 6:38 PM

JellyToast on July 13, 2007 at 6:36 PM

Is this PC country you can’t speak the truth anymore unless you are bullet proof – a member of some protected group.

TheBigOldDog on July 13, 2007 at 6:41 PM

Professor Blather on July 13, 2007 at 6:38 PM

Boston is a big hockey town. During the run up to Iraq, our kids were playing a tournament up in Canada and they booed the kids during the National Anthem. I will never forgive that.

TheBigOldDog on July 13, 2007 at 6:44 PM

The shear arrogance of that interviewer was staggering too close to home. A few years ago I attended my cousin’s wedding in Canada and found there are many who have views like this idiot.

They get this from the American press. Then they latch on the all the exaggerations. Very anti American. I love Ayaan’s responses to his misleading questions and I enjoyed his frustration at not getting the expected anti-American answers.

If you talk to many immigrants in American, who, like myself lived in countries with veiled so called democracies, why we love it here. The answer is always the same, freedom.

Kini on July 13, 2007 at 6:47 PM

Things pick up towards the end but she never retreats.

Heh. Does she ever?

ReubenJCogburn on July 13, 2007 at 6:48 PM

At least she put the putrid little canuck in his place. I honestly wish we could drop some of these dopes off in Afghanistan, Syria, Jordan or maybe Michigan and see how they like living under Islam…

serenity on July 13, 2007 at 6:49 PM

I was born in Canada and lived there for 18 years and got out moved away 2 years ago. And it is stuff like this that meakes me want to give away my Canadian citizenship. Canada is going down faster than most Americans think. They have made God something to be ashamed of, and there was even legislation proposed that would make parts of the Bible hate speech. It is truly scary what is going on. The CBC is the government funded channel – the Conservative government. Stephen Harper is one of the greatest and most Conservative PMs that Canada has had in years. But I think (based on my close relations with Canada and my keen observation of their news) that in few years Canadians will need to flee to America for religious freedom.
Shari’a type law where all Christianity will be banned is coming… of course the homosexual community will be allowed to stay… I have seen my beloved homeland turned into a never ending nightmare, a dayscape of horrors.
All of my family still lived in Canada and I fear for them. America was blessed for our support of Israel and our belief in God. Canada was too, however they will fall from glory and the inevitable Communist leadership is coming. I pray that my family is gone by then.

How’s that for a first post?

Canerican on July 13, 2007 at 6:49 PM

Sorry for the language, but that Canadian guy is a real fucking pig.

Enrique on July 13, 2007 at 6:50 PM

Avi Lewis needs to be deprogramed. What a Weenie!

Irenaeus on July 13, 2007 at 6:52 PM

Just because she’s the enemy of our enemy does not mean she’s
our friend.

spike on July 13, 2007 at 6:27 PM

I assure you, this one is our friend. I urge you, implore you, to read her book, Infidel.

RushBaby on July 13, 2007 at 6:54 PM

Canerican on July 13, 2007 at 6:49 PM

That’s what happens when you let a generation of a neighboring country’s weakest citizens take refugee and infect your populace.

TheBigOldDog on July 13, 2007 at 6:56 PM

Sorry for the language, but that Canadian guy is a real fucking pig.

Spot on. He makes MSDNC look Conservative doesn’t he?

See, America is still a Conservative country. Don’t listen to the libs… Read: Hillary can’t win.

Canerican on July 13, 2007 at 6:56 PM

Ayaan Hirsi Ali is far too brilliant for this left wing turd.
She is a beautiful person, as well as a very attractive lady.
No offence to all my lovely Canadian neighbors, but this chump sleeps under (to quote Jack) the blanket of Freedom America provides, and has the stupidity to be anti American.
What an ass!

abinitioadinfinitum on July 13, 2007 at 6:58 PM

I love the little smile on her face when she hammered him with the: “you grew up in freedom, so you can spit on freedom”.

And where doe Avi get this Muslims “under siege” crap? It’s complete nonsense. The lack of “backlash” in the U.S. is remarkabale, but instead of giving us a little credit for being the tolerant nation we are, this clown wants to invent problems that don’t exist.

forest on July 13, 2007 at 6:59 PM

I just watched the video and have only two things to say:

1. I now have a total crush on Hirsi Ali, if only for her staggering perspective and intellect (not that she hurts the eyes at all)!

2. This guy Avi Lewis is a livestock-stupid man-bitch who should be dropped into Iran, genitally mutilated and fed to the mullahs he so obviously loves!

PS: I do not hold a low opinion of Canadians, as I have known more than a few who would likewise like to visit violence upon morons like Lewis. You’re brought up right, or you’re not.

* * * * *
Journalist + rope = need to learn a simple knot.

thejackal on July 13, 2007 at 7:00 PM

Hey Big Old Dog, I am not sure what your problem is. But when you come to America (the legal way, not the way you libs do it) you are scrutinized deeply. I got into America because I am quite gifted academically. In HS I was in the top 3%. I am not the “weakest citizens.”

Canerican on July 13, 2007 at 7:01 PM

She’s awesome. Put that little *bleep* in his place.

Is this typical Canadian programming or is he more like the Canadian Olbermann.

Dash on July 13, 2007 at 7:04 PM

Ditto on that.

Avi Lewis managed to squeeze in almost every DNC talking point. Geez, if only these libs could think on their own. The hoser dunce acted as though he understood the idiosyncrasies of Islam better than Hirsi Ali. But hey, it’s like everything else, what the hell does she know, being raised, brainwashed and tortured by the Religion of Peace. Obviously Lewis is far more versed in the topic.

Jerk.

CBC. That’s like one level lower on the dumb-o-meter than the BBC, isn’t it?

fogw on July 13, 2007 at 7:04 PM

This shows what a thoughtful and well spoken individual can show how looney some of these reporters up north and here in America are really. If America were so bad how come most of the world who claims to hate us still want to move and live here?

And I have to agree the grew up in freedom so you can spit on freedom line is so very, very true!

jasoneverts on July 13, 2007 at 7:04 PM

Professor Blather on July 13, 2007 at 6:38 PM

Amen

abinitioadinfinitum on July 13, 2007 at 7:05 PM

I should add that I go to an elite school and am quite successful there. I am at the top of class (I am a finance major) I have received a top internship at one the United States’ top grocery stores (it was ranked as being the 3rd best place to work, and has been ranked 1st several times) (corporate office). Yea, I’m a degenerate Canadian… (Oh, let me add that is sarcasm for those of you in Rio Linda)

Canerican on July 13, 2007 at 7:07 PM

Cartoonishly anti-American Canadian

I saw the headline and figured it must be the new “hit” series on Comedy Central.

ScottMcC on July 13, 2007 at 7:08 PM

“Is there a school where they teach you these American cliches? Is it part of your application process?”

No, but it should be!!

Alex K on July 13, 2007 at 7:08 PM

Avi certainly is a turbocharged little creature, huh? If the majority of Canadians think like him I could really care less. When you grow up hearing that the world hates you for (insert random reason here), you grow pretty thick skin.

I have even -more- respect for Hirsi Ali now.

PBoilermaker on July 13, 2007 at 7:09 PM

I get more and more impressed with Ali the more I see and hear her. The way she quietly went about dismantling his retarded anti-american talking points without so much as raising her voice once was as graceful as as it was accurate.

We are lucky as hell that Ali decided to stand up to her Islamic subjugation and become a voice for those who can’t.

Thompson/Ali 2008? I wish…

Tman on July 13, 2007 at 7:12 PM

Canerican on July 13, 2007 at 7:01 PM

You missed the historical reference. The root of Canada’s problem is taking all the American draft dodgers in the early 70′s which infected the population.

TheBigOldDog on July 13, 2007 at 7:12 PM

Canerican on July 13, 2007 at 7:01 PM

Canerican, I read Big Old Dog’s post as a snark about all the American draft-dodgers and hippies that Canada assimilated in the 60′s and 70′s — not a critique of you or other Canadian immigrants to America (Mark Steyn comes helpfully to mind).

AllahP, thanks for the clip. Once again I remain mildly upset that I need HotAir or other blogs for this stuff —- it should be all over CNN and Fox News. But if they won’t do the job, I’m glad you will.

Anton on July 13, 2007 at 7:13 PM

“Is there a school where they teach you these American clichés?”

Yes, but the school is the school of “Hard Knocks”.

My 80 year old mother was born and raised in a small village outside of Stuttgart Germany in 1927. She was “schooled” and indoctrinated by the Hitler youth movement all through the ’30′s and until the mid ’40′s. (Sharia law) for the 21st century?

Happily it didn’t take however.

In 1946, she met and married an “occupier” of her country by the US Army (my Dad) and came to the USA in 1947.

Ask her about what is the greatest county in the world, and why, then stand back a couple of feet to avoid her blast furnace of truth while she tells you what it was like to truly live in a country where a truly evil man and government ruled.

That “Young Turk” is just stoooopid and wrong.

Right Mom?

Sgt. Khe Sahn.

1GooDDaDDy on July 13, 2007 at 7:14 PM

TheBigOldDog on July 13, 2007 at 7:12 PM

Parallel posts….

I’m glad I was right about your hippie reference!

Anton on July 13, 2007 at 7:15 PM

Jasoneverts says: If we’re (America) so bad how come most of the world who claims to hate us still want to move and live here?

MAJOR point made here!!!!! The world allegedly hates us so much that Ron Paul thinks (stifled grunt) that we need to pull back our impression on the world.

We’re so HATED that whatever country is second place in the MOST DESIRED STATE OF EMIGRATION race is so far down the line, we can even tell who it is!

Yeah. We’re hated. That’s why more people on planet Earth are selling kidneys to try and get a green card to come here.

’nuff said.

thejackal on July 13, 2007 at 7:15 PM

Canerican on July 13, 2007 at 6:49 PM

Welcome to America, and God Bless You.
I fear all Christians will one day have to worship underground.

abinitioadinfinitum on July 13, 2007 at 7:16 PM

can = can’t

damn, but I hate typing when I’m in a fit of passion.

That sounds dirty.

damn, but I hate typing when I’m in a fit of pique.

thejackal on July 13, 2007 at 7:18 PM

Anton on July 13, 2007 at 7:13 PM

You got it ;-)

TheBigOldDog on July 13, 2007 at 7:18 PM

“You grew up with freedom, so you can spit on freedom.”

What a simple yet brilliant line. Only someone who knows deep down that they are free to speak can so habitually speak out against what they perceive to be opressive. It is so clear by the way that this man speaks that he has no clue, he can’t even perceive, what it is to grow up without the freedom that he feels so comfortable spitting on. I wonder how old this man will be when he finally realizes that the thing he’s been spitting on for so many years is not spitting back.

Zetterson on July 13, 2007 at 7:18 PM

thejackal on July 13, 2007 at 7:00 PM

LMAO Thanks I needed a laugh after that video.

abinitioadinfinitum on July 13, 2007 at 7:20 PM

I saw this video a few days ago on the CBC website when looking for an interview with Ayaan and Rex Murphy. I’ve only been back in Canada about 7 months, but there are a number of reporters like this guy that seem pretty far out in left field.

One reporter actually commented on American soldiers being kids out of high school still reading comic books to pass the time. And during Christmas, Sarika Sehgal’s show had a segment on people who would dumpster dive into evil corporate dumpsters, take the still good food and make meals.

On the other hand, the CBC is playing the new season of Doctor Who.

Canadian Infidel on July 13, 2007 at 7:21 PM

Tman on July 13, 2007 at 7:12 PM

Precisely so, Tman. She literally destroyed every ‘argument’ he made with candor, graciousness and irrefutable reason and figuratively emasculated him personally. So much so that all he could do was teehee like a junior high school girl about ‘cliches’.

Hirsi Ali… she da man!!

rocksandbroncs on July 13, 2007 at 7:24 PM

Ayaan Hirsi Ali is awesome. Is Avi for real? Where does he get such a huge store of (mis)information?

reine.de.tout on July 13, 2007 at 7:26 PM

Canerican on July 13, 2007 at 6:49 PM

That was a great first post Canerican and allow me to say welcome to the United States. I have a little story for you. Last year I went to Montreal for a errr bachelor party. We were eating lunch in a fine establishment on St Catherine St and as we were sitting there a Hezbollah parade went through town. I was amazed at how massive this group was. It went on for miles and, naturally, it was the most vile, anti-semitic group I have ever seen in person. They were rude. I think I heard the word Infidel shouted about 1000 times. Regardless, it was not something that I expected to see that weekend. I wish I had a video camera because it, for some reason, did not seem like something our media wanted to have shown on our tv screens.

Zetterson on July 13, 2007 at 7:28 PM

HAHA.

The look on his face as she calls islam bad, it is classic. The repeated uncontrollable blinking, as if he has a tick.

Quote of the decade. (This should be a billboard in downtown San Fracisco.)

“You grew up in freedom, and you can spit on it, because you do not know what it is to not have freedom, I haven’t”

-Ayann Hirch Alli

Theworldisnotenough on July 13, 2007 at 7:28 PM

Damn that woman is awesome XD I don’t think she can be VP, but maybe Secretary State or even better, Secretary of Education :P Help teach the little youngsters not to spit on freedom just because they’re born to it.

I love how the interviewer had to keep changing topics because she totally discomfited his every criticism. What, you can’t come to america flat ass broke and become very wealthy? I know you can. My brother-in-law did precisely that. He came to this country with $24 and the clothes on his back. Now he owns a liquor store, a car dealership, has a house, a family … And he’s Palestinian. It CAN be done.

apollyonbob on July 13, 2007 at 7:28 PM

On a personal note, I was very glad to hear that guys like me scare the hell out of Avi. “Evangelical Christians have reached the highest levels of government in America!” Avi said with a shudder.

(Anton walks up behind Avi, yells “boo!”)

Anton on July 13, 2007 at 7:29 PM

Is this typical Canadian programming or is he more like the Canadian Olbermann.
Dash on July 13, 2007 at 7:04 PM

It’s typical of the CBC’s “news” division, Dash. The rest of our MSM is just like your regular, non-cable, liberal MSM. Although one network, CanWest Global, is, at least, pro-Israel. (It’s owned by the liberal, but Jewish, Asper family.)

Geez, if only these libs could think on their own… Jerk…

CBC. That’s like one level lower on the dumb-o-meter than the BBC, isn’t it?
fogw on July 13, 2007 at 7:04 PM

Yes, fogw. And paid for by tax money and commercial ad revenue. On the semi-bright side, at least we don’t pay a TV tax to pay for the whole thing being non-commercial. The only thing that attracts viewers is sports shows–they lose ratings’ races in every other category. And you’re right about Canadian lefties: they ape the opinions of the big boys of the U.S. and European left.

BTW, Avi’s folks are, to all intents and purposes, Communists. Our NDP is like the Cynthia McKinney [sp?] left wing of the Dems; and half of them are really Reds who are in the NDP because they know they’d never get a seat in the Commons running under their true colours.

ScottMcC on July 13, 2007 at 7:08 PM

Sure, Scott, blame Canada.

andycanuck on July 13, 2007 at 7:30 PM

I wanted to smack that moron. He has no idea how Xenophobic he sounds.

Win Win Win on July 13, 2007 at 7:30 PM

I fear all Christians will one day have to worship underground.

abinitioadinfinitum on July 13, 2007 at 7:16 PM

Talk about exaggerating! Look, as long as you worship privately and peacefully, there’s no problem at all. When you don’t mind your own business and try to impose your beliefs onto everybody, THEN we have a problem.

The Sinner on July 13, 2007 at 7:31 PM

I love to watch intelligent women swamp shallow minded, cliche ridden non-truthers (who somehow get to be spokespeople where they can spout their addled sound bites that are basically falsehoods about the United States of America) with a tsunami of honest, calm and straight talk.

cranura on July 13, 2007 at 7:32 PM

And Rex Murphy, mentioned above, is the one sensible guy in the CBC’s news wing, basically, being a libertarian.

andycanuck on July 13, 2007 at 7:35 PM

Is there a better word for that guy than smug? The little smile on his face gives him away. He knows, deep down, that his argument doesn’t stand up to fact but he makes it anyways.

The greatest thing about people like Ayaan is how they can argue and completely dismantle their foe without raising their voice or even showing emotion. It’s amazing to watch.

BadgerHawk on July 13, 2007 at 7:35 PM

Canerican on July 13, 2007 at 7:01 PM
You missed the historical reference. The root of Canada’s problem is taking all the American draft dodgers in the early 70’s which infected the population.

TheBigOldDog on July 13, 2007 at 7:12 PM

Exactly how I read it, but then I’m from the Vietnam generation who saw the draft dodgers go. And yes, I signed up for the draft just as soon as I was required and would have went, but it was pretty much over at that point.

IrishEyes on July 13, 2007 at 7:38 PM

I wanted to smack that moron. He has no idea how Xenophobic he sounds.

Win Win Win on July 13, 2007 at 7:30 PM

She did it for us, and probably in a way that was much more powerful than anything we could have done.

Kowboy on July 13, 2007 at 7:40 PM

Let’s sing the Canuck National Le Anthem

F Canada
You pasty faced twits
F Canada
Why are you so deranged!

benrand on July 13, 2007 at 7:46 PM

“Muslims in North America are under siege”? Does this guy even know who he is talking to and what happened to her the Netherlands?

The guy is a jackass on a stick.

Drew on July 13, 2007 at 7:47 PM

I think this guy should have the freedom to say anything he wants. In Canada. I know it wouldn’t happen but I wish he could be put on a nonentry list. Then when he contracts a nasty and fatal disease he can stand on the other side of the border, gazing at what he will never have and become enlightened in his final moments.

peacenprosperity on July 13, 2007 at 7:47 PM

Did anyone else read the comments link for the video on that page? It’s a bunch of DKos-esque hatred for America and Hirsi Ali.

PBoilermaker on July 13, 2007 at 7:48 PM

This interview is typical CBC fare. Ever since 9/11 the CBC has been extremely pro-Islam. Most of the programming is biased beyond belief. It is anti-American much of the time, too. And, yes, our tax dollars pay for that garbage.

Avi Lewis demonstrated quite a bit in that interview. He made it plain for all to see that, not only is he biased and arrogant, but he is also not smart enough to recognize a superior intellect, combined with wisdom, when he sees it.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali is amazing. I love the way she stayed cool and kept giving him the truth, whether he could handle it or not. She’s brilliant in every way. I’ve just read her book, “Infidel”. I couldn’t put it down. It’s fascinating and very well-written.

Please don’t judge all Canadians by the CBC. Many of us have American cousins and American roots. Both of my father’s grandmothers were American and I am very pro-U.S.

I highly doubt that Canadians will ever have a Communist government, especially after Bob Rae’s NDP did such a bad job of running Ontario.

Josephine on July 13, 2007 at 7:48 PM

The Sinner on July 13, 2007 at 7:31 PM

First of all it is my God given right AND my American RIGHT to worship publicly.
Second, Christianity is a peaceful religion.
You should take a lesson on minding your own business.
As far as a problem I will handle yours and give you a few more.

abinitioadinfinitum on July 13, 2007 at 7:49 PM

Gotta remember this is Pravda North and Avi Lewis. He is actually considered middle of the road at CBC.

There is a reason I have every Canadian network locked out of my PVR………… oh and CNN too.

Jim708 on July 13, 2007 at 7:51 PM

I think her intellect is very attractive, not withstanding beauty. She says all the right things including saying America has it problems.

Now, as much as I love all that she had to say, we have seen others that say all the right things, but in the end, it is about money. She even said you can make lots of money in America. Now, I dont question her motives, but sometimes things are too good to be true, so I am more taking a wait and see.

I know she has risked her life to say some of the things she has said, but many have done things for money. Some even played both sides of Clinton rapes to sell books for the money.

After writing all this, I was reading more. I dont see how she can work for AEI when they have some of the same beliefs as a political party Vlaams_Belang she says should be abolished.

I dont know. She is a smart woman and I am glad the Conservatives got to her before the Dems brainwashed her.

WoosterOh on July 13, 2007 at 7:56 PM

I just finished Infidel and I have been searching for information on Ayaan Hirsi Ali regarding her safety. I’m glad to see that she is doing fine and not backing down from her stance on freedom. As for that Canadian interviewer, I am married to a dual citizen and I’ve been in family discussions when I am the only “whole American” at the table. The disdain they feel for our government and our relgious beliefs lead to many loud discussions. But the dual citizens defend the US and agree that even with her problems, the US is the best place in the world to live!

ctmom on July 13, 2007 at 7:56 PM

TheBigOldDog on July 13, 2007 at 6:44 PM

I remember that!! I’m a hockey fan and I was disgusted by this from our cousins to the North. I served with a corpsman who was from Montreal and he loved America more than some people who were born and raised here.

Not all Canadians are like this. I met some of their sailors in Boston and they were competent professionals and friendly as can be. I’ve also met one or two who served with the PPCLI (Princess Patricia Canadian Light Infantry) and they were similar.

Mooseman

Mooseman on July 13, 2007 at 7:56 PM

abinitioadinfinitum on July 13, 2007 at 7:49 PM

You can worship your voodoo all you like just don’t IMPOSE your beliefs on me or anyone else. You know, you and the jihadis have something in common; you are trying to tie your religion in with the national government. Scary, ay?

The Sinner on July 13, 2007 at 7:58 PM

I haven’t agreed with many of the Hot Air posters on other topics lately, but I definitely do with this one.

The guy’s a smug jerk, and I guess re-inforces the American stereotype of Canadians that they are all so very, very jealous of us.

asc85 on July 13, 2007 at 8:00 PM

benrand on July 13, 2007 at 7:46 PM

Thanks dude. I just flushed out my sinuses with half a cup of coffee.

fogw on July 13, 2007 at 8:01 PM

The Sinner on July 13, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Your a FOOL!

abinitioadinfinitum on July 13, 2007 at 8:01 PM

Say, isn’t the CBC a gov’t subsidized news channel, like the BBC in the UK? Well that explains it.

mram on July 13, 2007 at 8:01 PM

Ayaan Hirsi Ali: What a Doll. I could listen to her speak for hours.

kahall on July 13, 2007 at 8:03 PM

What?!?! I thought the health was great there. Didn’t you watch SiCKO? Ha!

Canerican on July 13, 2007 at 8:04 PM

The Sinner on July 13, 2007 at 7:31 PM

Sinner,

Please pass that message on to The Flying Imans.

Thanks in advance.

Buy Danish on July 13, 2007 at 8:07 PM

Sinner,

Please pass that message on to The Flying Imans.

Thanks in advance.

Buy Danish on July 13, 2007 at 8:07 PM

If I saw those Imams, I’d go all Smeaty and put the boot in ‘em!

The Sinner on July 13, 2007 at 8:12 PM

Like an arrow.

We should all talk to plainly.

simon on July 13, 2007 at 8:17 PM

*so

simon on July 13, 2007 at 8:17 PM

I’m not sure if that guy is the biggest moron I’ve ever listened to but he’s got to be in the top ten.

Thats my top ten. Everyone has they’re own list of morons and its as prized for me as things like, “best basketball player, best US president, worst combination of foods, most dangerous accident you’ve had.

amend2 on July 13, 2007 at 8:25 PM

I couldn’t watch it all. I was too disgusted. Avi Lewis. The name says it all, doesn’t it?

jihadwatcher on July 13, 2007 at 8:26 PM

The Sinner

I think you miss the point. There’s this thing called the First Amendment which states, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion OR prohibiting the free exercise thereof;” You have any idea what that means? Guess what! It means I can express and practice my religion in public anywhere I want! FREE EXERCISE BABY! No one can force religion on a person, and not because it’s against the law, but because it isn’t actually possible in the US. You have a choice. As I have the right to ask you, do you know Jesus? (which it is obvious that you don’t), you have the right to walk away from me.

That kind of anti-Christian attitude mixed with your lack of understanding of the Constitution is one of the most dangerous things to American liberty.

j_ehman on July 13, 2007 at 8:32 PM

True. There are limits to the freedoms in the Bill of Rights. Look at the recent, “Bong hits for Jesus” – they lost. You can’t just say anything you want – there are many things you can’t say publically and I won’t mention any of them here for obvious reasons.

By that I don’t mean I’d just get banned from Hotair but that some very serious people would be storming my house in a matter minutes.

You can’t actually exercise all of your free speach ammendments and/or religious belfiefs in public and sometimes not at all… if they break other laws. Remember that “hemp cult” that argued they could smoke pot arguing that in the OT its says that “all the animals and herbs of the earth were intended for out use” They lost.

Anyone could declare a religion and take it public with all sorts of dastardly causes.

Does any religion come to mind?

amend2 on July 13, 2007 at 8:47 PM

Is the guy a Saudi handpuppet or is he just an animated bag of suicidal, self-loathing drivel?

Hirsi Ali simply knows what she is talking about.

Avi is one more shallow clown living in a canuck version of Laputa.

profitsbeard on July 13, 2007 at 8:57 PM

I think Ayaan had the same reaction I did – laughter. But she had the class to just smirk and hand him his a** on a platter as he continued to show his arrogance. I think I would have laughed out loud.

Being a Canadian in the US by choice, I’m grateful there are still some people there who think independently. I have to avoid politics when visiting with relatives there.

Alan on July 13, 2007 at 9:02 PM

AdrianG on July 13, 2007 at 9:09 PM

Wow, I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when he said, “Tell that to the people who think that the election was stolen.” Priceless. I worked with a guy that spewed that kind of nonsense all the time, and it just amazes me how some people can believe all of it. That man would make me ashamed to be a Canadian if I were one.

Another dose of spoonfed ideology for the liberals, I guess.

MaelstromX on July 13, 2007 at 9:23 PM

oh god… just, oh god. what a disgusting, smug, idiotic jackass. and what an embarrassment for me to be from a country filled with people like him (i know, i know, the west is different – but i’m from quebec, and just about everyone is like that, i’m afraid). i need to go lie down now… AdrianG on July 13, 2007 at 9:09 PM

Agreed, just listening to that guy gave me flashbacks to being in the teachers’ lounge at school. Smug jackass is right. What a useless tool.

Mojave Mark on July 13, 2007 at 9:24 PM

This is an amazing woman… If you want to know more about her please read her book “Infidel”. The only sad thing is when she rejected Islam she has also rejected all belief in God. Please pray for her.

vulcannomad on July 13, 2007 at 9:34 PM

The Sinner on July 13, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Care for some cheese with that whine?…yes the evil Christians are going to come banging on your door to take away your rights!

EnochCain on July 13, 2007 at 9:38 PM

Brilliant…and unassailable.

Asher on July 13, 2007 at 9:40 PM

Oh and she does indeed rock.

EnochCain on July 13, 2007 at 9:42 PM

What an amazing and charming woman! Every time you feature her here at Hot Air, well, it’s a real treat.

She has the same gift of crystal clear communication as our hosts here at Hot Air. I, for one, would like to watch she and Michelle (or Robert Spencer) talk about what ever.

Zorro on July 13, 2007 at 9:45 PM

Romeo13 on July 13, 2007 at 6:29 PM
RushBaby on July 13, 2007 at 6:54 PM

Well Said!

spike on July 13, 2007 at 9:46 PM

What a woman…I wouldn’t be worthy to be in the same room as her.

tomas on July 13, 2007 at 9:47 PM