Cops name “newcomer” as prime suspect in 12-year-old girl’s murder

posted at 4:32 pm on July 13, 2007 by Allahpundit

The nice thing about “newcomer” status is that it never expires. For instance, the turd who led them to the body of Zina Linnik has an incest conviction on his record dating back to 1990, but like the president said:

“We must meet our moral obligation to treat newcomers with decency and show compassion to the vulnerable and exploited, because we’re called to answer both the demands of justice and the call for mercy.”

Apparently, by “demands of justice” he doesn’t mean “deporting convicted sex offenders.” Hang Linnik’s murder around his neck like an albatross, and McCain’s too, and Graham’s, and everyone else who isn’t serious about the barest bare minimum of sending violent felons home. MM says she’s planning a campaign to force this issue before Congress because, after all, “[i]f ever there were an immigration enforcement issue that transcended partisan lines, this is it” — but that’s not true at all, is it? For example, here’s flashback video of amnesty hero Geraldo Rivera ducking every last attempt by Bill O’Reilly to get him to agree that, yes indeed, illegal aliens who have been found guilty of violent assault should be sent packing. Who’s the real problem in the Geraldoverse, the degenerate who killed Zina Linnik — or Michelle Malkin? Skip ahead to about 3:00 (counting down) to find out.

Update: This is really Patterico’s beat, of course, not mine. His post about it is now up.

Comments

this reminds me of another barest bare minimum, on nat’l security, which would be to protect whistleblowers like the dude who helped nab the Fort Dix Six from lawsuits allegeing civil rights violations etc.

To me they’re similaly barest bare minimum.

Also similar is the nausea one feels in sensing neither will ever become law.

BillLalor on July 13, 2007 at 4:37 PM

“In 1975, his mother married an American who was serving in the Army’s Special Forces. The family moved first to the United States and then to a military base in Germany. After high school, Adhahn enlisted in the U.S. Army, serving seven years before the rape conviction led to a discharge.

From MM’s site…

Now just how in the holy heck did this guy join the ARMY? How did he have a passport so he could travel with his family to Germany and back? You’d think they would need a dang Birth Certificate?

I’m confused.

Romeo13 on July 13, 2007 at 4:39 PM

What more has to happen? This truly makes me cry deep inside.
I want to scream and yell at the ones responsible for allowing him to stay. All the politicians who allowed all the murdering illegals to stay.

Dummies, it’s the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS who are splitting up the families. And they split them up FOREVER.

shooter on July 13, 2007 at 4:39 PM

Reporter: Mr President, is it true that you have decided to put a fence along the border with Mexico after all? And a follow up question sir, if so what will it look like?

George W. Bush: That is a very good question and yes I have. What will it look like? Well it will run the full length of the border and have special security gates every 100 feet.

All the security gates will have on them:

1) Press one for Spanish (with a response of “Welcome Amigo”).

2) Press two for Arabic (with a response of “Welcome honored member of the Religion of Peace”).

3) Press three for English (with a response of “Go to Hell you damed bigoted nativist who does not want what is right for America!!!”).

MB4 on July 13, 2007 at 4:39 PM

I suspect the perverts who run that state didn’t look at the crime of “incest” (even when it was pled down from a violent rape) as a serious crime. Of course, neither they or their daughter was the girl who was raped.

Blake on July 13, 2007 at 4:40 PM

Romeo13 on July 13, 2007 at 4:39 PM

Maybe they had some kind of exception for military personal and their families. Green card holders are allowed to join, right?

amerpundit on July 13, 2007 at 4:41 PM

Something strange here – the guy should not have been able to join the Army unless he was either an American citizen or a LEGAL resident. If a LEGAL resident, and he had been in the Army for anything like 7 years he should have been able to easily get American citizenship, unless he did not do the paperwork.

MB4 on July 13, 2007 at 4:45 PM

Hmmm… it sounds like he was active duty when the incest charges were filed… bet they never even thought to look at the immigration status of an Active Duty guy…

Can’t really blame the state on this one… not like there was an easy check… I know for a fact that they don’t check EVERYONEs immigration status.

So… best guess is he was here legaly (green card under his Mom), joined up… never got citizenship… nailed for the incest, booted out… but they never checked his status.

Romeo13 on July 13, 2007 at 4:49 PM

I heard on the news that he had been a legal resident and never applied for citizenship. When he committed his other felony (felonies) his legal status was revoked and he was supposed to have been deported after serving his sentence. We all know what happened instead.

baldilocks on July 13, 2007 at 4:54 PM

My heart just breaks for this family.

StephC on July 13, 2007 at 4:54 PM

BTW, that poor little girl and her family are legal immigrants. They’re from Ukraine.

baldilocks on July 13, 2007 at 4:55 PM

Disgusting…

Can we go back to drawing and quartering murderers and rapists like this animal?

Bad Candy on July 13, 2007 at 4:55 PM

I suspect that he had some sort of legal resident alien status and that the felony conviction should have revoked that status, causing deportation.

rw on July 13, 2007 at 4:56 PM

MB4 on July 13, 2007 at 4:45 PM

He was a legal resident. Because of his felony, federal law mandates he be deported. He wasn’t. Therefore, he is here illegally.

amerpundit on July 13, 2007 at 5:04 PM

rw on July 13, 2007 at 4:56 PM

Sorry, didn’t see your comment.

amerpundit on July 13, 2007 at 5:04 PM

He believes in what he says, those he is biased, and he can be funny.

What I don’t like is his attacks against good minded people who want to stop illegal immigration and are tired of those that break basic laws being given safe harbor, because they lead up to worse crimes.

He then has to throw out the, my kids will be hunted down crap.

WoosterOh on July 13, 2007 at 5:07 PM

Geraldo is on right now saying that he is NOT an illegal, he is “naturalized and a vet of the US Army’. Can he have it so right and everyone else so wrong? Think not….it’s just Geraldo decrying the horrid things being done to all the ‘newcomers’ that need respect. The man makes me ill.

dustoffmom on July 13, 2007 at 5:07 PM

I hope Senator Kennedy takes a good long look at MM’s photo of this child who is no more. Do you think a communistic sociopath like him would be moved?

RushBaby on July 13, 2007 at 5:07 PM

Child molestation has one of the highest recidivism rates for victimization crimes. Yet, we release the offenders back to the streets where they can easily strike again. I don’t care what their immigration status is at the time of the crime, if they got caught in a sex offense with a child the first time, a life sentence should be mandatory so that there is not a second time.

jediwebdude on July 13, 2007 at 5:07 PM

Question… is there a FERDERAL database of everyones Citizenship status???

Because I don’t believe there is… expecialy not somthing open to the public…

So, just how do you check on someones immigration status?

Romeo13 on July 13, 2007 at 5:08 PM

Kennedy be moved? A man who killed a young girl and then tried to cover it up be moved by the death of another young girl? Fat chance!

dustoffmom on July 13, 2007 at 5:10 PM

Here’s the story that the MSM would have written if they guy had been deported.

Beua left Cambodia as a child when his family fled the murderous Khmer Rouge regime, an experience that still haunts him. The family came to the United States as refugees when he was 14 and settled in Bellingham.

But in 2004, Beua was expelled, part of a wave of 1,500 Cambodians ordered sent back to the Southeast Asian nation for committing crimes the U.S. government has deemed “deportable offenses.”

rw on July 13, 2007 at 5:11 PM

We can’t deport CRIMINAL illegals. That line of reasoning is hard to believe even from libtards, but when repub’s feel no compulsion to rise up and change that nasty little problem, you have to wonder when did the two parties join forces? For God’s sake, that alone would win a candidate the presidency. Where, other than here, is the outrage?

JWS on July 13, 2007 at 5:13 PM

I don’t understand why there is even an argument…If someone is here illegally, regardless of their home country or if they committed a crime, they should…if caught…be sent back. Period.

JetBoy on July 13, 2007 at 5:17 PM

But , but, but, It reminds Geraldo of when
they used to pull down the pants of Jews to see if they
were circumcised.

“Liberalism IS a mental disorder”

Texyank on July 13, 2007 at 5:17 PM

Geraldo only defends the Mexican Illegals, you won’t see him saying anything about this ******

heatherrc77 on July 13, 2007 at 5:20 PM

Cue the RINO’s to call Michelle et al. a bunch of racist, xenophobic, hardline restrictionists and other assorted insults.

On second thought, the RINO’s will ignore this story like they do every time a similar one comes up, pretending incidents like this are not a problem.

thirteen28 on July 13, 2007 at 5:25 PM

Hang Linnik’s murder around his neck like an albatross, and McCain’s too, and Graham’s, and everyone else who isn’t serious about the barest bare minimum of sending violent felons home. -AP

I love that.

RushBaby on July 13, 2007 at 5:28 PM

heatherrc77 on July 13, 2007 at 5:20 PM

He already has on John Gibson’s show.

EnochCain on July 13, 2007 at 5:30 PM

Other than Tancredo and Hunter, I don’t trust any of these guys to enforce our immigration laws.

Observation:

I went to the Lowes in my town the other day for the first time. Get this, all signage in the store is in English and Spanish. And that’s here in rural Pennsylvania.

Jarring.

Zach on July 13, 2007 at 5:36 PM

Just caught the tail end of Geraldo piece on Fox, either Cavuto or Gibson’s show. He (Geraldo) said Adhanan (sp?) was a naturalized citizen and not an illegal. Been digging around but haven’t come up with anything to verify that yet. I’ve also seen reports saying that he was being detained on immigration charges and others saying he was being held for failure to register as a sex offender. I’m confused. Whupps, Gibson just said he’s not illegal. In any case he’s going to be charged and by all accounts he’s a repeat offender and shouldn’t have been walking around free. Another innocent sacrificed on the alter of progressive policy.

Oldnuke on July 13, 2007 at 5:38 PM

He already has on John Gibson’s show.

EnochCain on July 13, 2007 at 5:30 PM

Do you have a link? Im at work and can’t seem to find anything… :)

heatherrc77 on July 13, 2007 at 5:38 PM

By the sounds of it, all criminals have a friend in Geraldo..what a putz

heatherrc77 on July 13, 2007 at 5:40 PM

By the sounds of it, all criminals have a friend in Geraldo..what a putz

heatherrc77 on July 13, 2007 at 5:40 PM

dustoffmom – “Geraldo is on right now saying that he is NOT an illegal, he is “naturalized and a vet of the US Army’. Can he have it so right and everyone else so wrong?

I can see three possibilities:

1) Geraldo is correct.

2) They guy did not file the paperwork to become a citizen after he had served x years in the Army (x being 2 or 3 or 4 years – I am not sure off the top of my head which).

3) Before the x years he did something that prevented him from getting citizenship, but somehow not enough to get kicked out of the Army.

MB4 on July 13, 2007 at 5:50 PM

Can’t these liberal MSM types figure out the simplest of concepts? This creature may have been a legal resident before he raped another little girl back in 1990. However, after he committed that felony (felonies), his legal status was taken away, which made it…taadaa! illegal for the rapist to stay in this country.

There are few things more annoying–and, in this case, more lethal–than when a stupid person (yes, you, Geraldo) thinks that you’re stupid.

baldilocks on July 13, 2007 at 5:57 PM

Now now Allah, remember, These “Undocumented” criminals are just doing the killing that american thugs won’t do….

Razgriez on July 13, 2007 at 6:14 PM

Yeah, I guess we better get busy on a fence around Thailand.

crosspatch on July 13, 2007 at 6:23 PM

Don’t forget to lay blame at the feet of advocacy groups, immigration lawyers, foreign governments and the ACLU for the arrogant entitlement attitude that discounts the value of Americans in favor of anyone else even rapists, murderers and drug and human traffickers.

No matter how low the scum, the alien wins, Americans pay the price.

Speakup on July 13, 2007 at 6:23 PM

Yeah, I guess we better get busy on a fence around Thailand.

crosspatch on July 13, 2007 at 6:23 PM

You know, if you’re going to say something ridiculous, you could at least get the country of the perp correct.

baldilocks on July 13, 2007 at 6:25 PM

I’m so Pissed off right now I could chew through nails.
I wonder if our good friend and race baiter Geraldo Rivera wants to tell the world, those who want immigration laws enforced are just racist. I mean what’s one less American child compared to the benefit of 12-20 million of his homeboys.

Mojack420 on July 13, 2007 at 6:29 PM

Geraldo is like anyone else that has an emotional connection for a cause or non-candidate. The truth doesn’t matter. You can show Geraldo the truth all day long and he doesn’t care, because in his pathetic little mind, his cause trumps the law, fairness, and logic.

csdeven on July 13, 2007 at 6:52 PM

Geraldo lost me the moment he showed military positions on national television.

csdeven on July 13, 2007 at 6:52 PM

Basically ditto on that. Do you have to talk about Fred in every thread?

BadgerHawk on July 13, 2007 at 7:49 PM

I have two posts… I’ll do em seperately.

I didn’t live in NY when John Lennnon and Yoko lived there. I lived there in 87 in the East Village .. anyway ..

What was so great about him living there?

amend2 on July 13, 2007 at 8:00 PM

I did something quite patriotic and somewhat stupid today. I was leaving my local grocery store, right next to where Target is building a Box and I noticed five mexicans walking towards the grocer. They were about 50 feet away and I rolled down my window and politely if any of them were illegal.

There was a pause and they puffed up, and started walking quickly towards my car. I’m a pretty built guy but this was no stand down I was interested in.

Snuffing out illegals won’t be as easy as it seems. If your wrong you piss of the legals and might get the shiz kicked out of you and if your right you’ll most likely have things happen to you and your family.

amend2 on July 13, 2007 at 8:08 PM

They’re just here committing the sex crimes Americans won’t do.

/sarc

How much is enough? How many times must this happen until people open up their eyes and realize that we have a real problem here, and that among these “undocumented Americans” *gag* are some really, really evil people? And that we need to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT??!!

Insomniac on July 13, 2007 at 8:38 PM

amend2 on July 13, 2007 at 8:08 PM

This is total BS. My husband is hispanic, and I’d be pissed off if some arrogant ass took it upon himself to ask my husband, while doing nothing more than walking to a store, if he was legal.

StephC on July 13, 2007 at 8:44 PM

How is asking someone, in a parking lot, if they are legal, quite patriotic? Did you also inquire if they were registered sex offenders? How do you politely ask anything from 50ft? Did they stop walking during this dramatic pause? Did you have your family with you for “things” to happen to them? Did this patriotic and stupid act occur at night?
Doesn’t snuffing out someone mean kill them?
That last para there kinda came off like some sorta lame threat. Is that what you were going for?

christophercube on July 13, 2007 at 9:55 PM

I had the opportunity today to defend the President on the tired old liberal talking point “he lied to us about the WMDs” thing. I just didn’t bother. Stories like this remind me why I don’t bother anymore. This President doesn’t deserve my support, because this policy of turning a blind eye toward illegal criminals has propagated down from the very top of his administration. This is utter betrayal of American citizens.

infidel4life on July 13, 2007 at 10:10 PM

StephC on July 13, 2007 at 8:44 PM

and

christophercube on July 13, 2007 at 9:55 PM

Very good points. My son gets this treatment all too often and he is not even Hispanic, just happens to be dark skinned with short black hair.

And snuffing out? Good job amend2. Nothing like focusing on the wrong people and taking the law into your own hands. This is how innocent people get killed.

As I read it this thread is about deporting criminals who are illegal aliens. Absolute agreement with that.

Bradky on July 13, 2007 at 10:42 PM

What points? What treatment does your son get “all too often” and from whom? Are you saying “snuffing out” wasn’t a typo? What “wrong people”? As far as innocent people getting killed, you mean innocent children like Zina Linnik.
My d*mn point is NOBODY bothers illegals, unless they need cheap labor or cheap votes. NOBODY but the mentally impaired or somebody trying to make up BS, asks “five mexicans” or every “dark skin with short black hair” if they are illegals.
Zina Linnik, Bless her heart, is the innocent victim here. Not your non hispanic son who has dark skin and short black hair.

christophercube on July 13, 2007 at 11:17 PM

christophercube on July 13, 2007 at 11:17 PM

I think you badly misinterpreted my comment.
(1)Your comment “seemed” to be questioning the wisdom calling for snuffing out people. In other words I agreed with you calling him out.
(2)My last comment affirmed the original point of this thread.
(3) My son doesn’t play the victim card and teaching him to not carry a chip on his shoulder because ignorant, possibly racist, and certainly rude people treat him differently was not easy. “Why are you here” “What is your business” “Where do you live” “wetback” “mexican” are just some of the things he hears from the cops, classmates, and authorities to name a few. Denied Beta club and honor rolls with a 3.8 average throughout high school because no teacher will sponsor him, effectively denying him equal treatment in regards to some scholarship applications and the like. His lighter skinned peers have never had this happen and I rather doubt every one of the people who have done this are mentally impaired.

But if you think that my son, an American citizen, deserves the treatment he has received and this is all just fine with you I guess I really misread your words. My concern was with amend2′s comments.

Bradky on July 13, 2007 at 11:37 PM

Stefan Sharkansky at SoundPolitics.com reports that Mr. Adhahn is a registered voter in Pierce County, just down I-5 from crooked King County. Mercy!

And he’s a registered voter

huckleberry on July 13, 2007 at 11:46 PM

Your son sounds like a great kid… I wish nothing but health and happiness for you both.
I honestly don’t feel Americans are racist, I would never ask someone in a parking lot, or anywhere for that matter, as to their citizenship status. I would never stand in the way of a great kid, with great grades, no matter what his race, if anything I’d be encouraging. I understand there are people, unlike me&you, who are racist. But people like me&you don’t tolerate that treatment, we call them out, we make them known. I believe, by far, that most Americans, like me&you, are not racist. I believe, by far, that most Americans, understand law enforcement&border security is absolutely neccesary for the good of the country. The only thing that seems racist is our government immigration ideas. They seem to think only one country wants to immigrate here.
I feel terrible about your son being exposed to that kind of treatment, I would be on your sons side, with you on that. God Bless both of you.

christophercube on July 14, 2007 at 12:23 AM

christophercube on July 14, 2007 at 12:23 AM

Thanks for the reply and kind words.

Regards,

Bradky on July 14, 2007 at 12:29 AM

amend2-

You’re going get killed for being a dumnb ass.

Or a wise ass.

profitsbeard on July 14, 2007 at 2:07 AM

RushBaby on July 13, 2007 at 5:07 PM

Not even if she was the spitting image of Mary Jo Kopeckne.

soundingboard on July 14, 2007 at 5:07 AM

dustoffmom on July 13, 2007 at 5:10 PM

Beat me to it!

Guess`I should read all comments before jumpin’ in. ;Ooops

soundingboard on July 14, 2007 at 5:23 AM

This is part of a message I had sent to LULAC, the NCLR, the White House, and my alien-pimping congressman, Al Green about “newcomers” yesterday when news broke about Zina Linnik:

Thank you for your support of another illegal alien who has been arrested for the murder of another American citizen. I’m certain you are pleased with the results of your efforts to ensure that no illegal alien, no matter how dangerous or violent, is excluded from the American dream. I’m certain the family of this young girl applauds your efforts to substitute her life for this repeat offender.

America salutes your continued efforts to bring murderers, thieves, and rapists into this great nation to rid it of countless law abiding American citizens.

madmonkphotog on July 14, 2007 at 6:41 AM

When are we going to wake up as a society and either put these guys away for good or kill them? You just don’t get to molest a child, period! I am sick and tired of hearing about these pricks having molested multiple children for years and years and being allowed back into society by our legal system! Unacceptable!

sabbott on July 14, 2007 at 7:34 AM

Try him. Convict him, then deport him via the electric chair.

ricelchew on July 14, 2007 at 8:16 AM

Just another sad ending to the politics of the “compassionate”. And Bush and his RINO buds just want to keep on importing murderers into our country as if we just don’t have enough of our own.

lynnv on July 14, 2007 at 8:41 AM