Peace dividends: Kossacks purge St. Cindy, Nobel winner “could kill George Bush”

posted at 12:24 pm on July 12, 2007 by Allahpundit

The Nobel winner is Betty Williams. She doesn’t really want to kill him the way, say, St. Cindy does. Having embraced nonviolence, she prefers to indulge her inner bloodlust by inciting others to murder through the mainstreaming of violent death fantasies.

In a keynote speech at the International Women’s Peace Conference on Wednesday night, Ms. Williams told a crowd of about 1,000 that the Bush administration has been treacherous and wrong and acted unconstitutionally.

“Right now, I could kill George Bush,” she said at the Adam’s Mark Hotel and Conference Center in Dallas. “No, I don’t mean that. How could you nonviolently kill somebody? I would love to be able to do that.”

They’ve got two more Nobel winners lined up for the conference, at least one of whom plans to speak about Bush. Will she too carry on the proud homicidal Peace Prize example of Yasser Arafat? Stay tuned.

As for St. Cindy, she has no excuse. She was warned last summer on Meet the Press. The White House press corps got the message. Why didn’t she?

People try to paint it as—well, Joe Lieberman, the reason we’re attacking him, the reason we’re, we’re helping generate excitement for Ned Lamont is because of the Iraq war. It’s one issue out of many. Hillary Clinton doesn’t undermine the Democratic Party. Nother—neither does John Kerry or Edwards or any of these people.

They do not undermine the Democratic Party. That’s the litmus test. It’s a very easy litmus test for most Democrats to, to follow, because if they had that D next to their name, usually they’re working for the benefit of the Democratic Party because they believe in the strong, progressive principles that drive Democrats like, like myself and Kerry and Hillary Clinton.

Joe Lieberman does not share those values, hence he’s suffering a primary challenge.

She failed the litmus test. And now, my friends, she must pay. Exit question: What happened to the dream of people-powered politics driving complacent establishment Democrats from office?

Comments

“…How could you nonviolently kill somebody? I would love to be able to do that.”

Check with your allies at the Kremlin. I’m sure they’ve developed and employed numerous non-violent ways to murder. It’s their trademark.

Editor on July 12, 2007 at 12:29 PM

Don’t bother mentioning “arrest her, because she’s making openly seditious statements and death threats against the President” because it’ll never happen.

Let’s hope that there will be some public outrage against her.

The left are nothing but spoiled rotten children. They can’t win, can’t get their way, so, “I wish you were dead!”

Mazztek on July 12, 2007 at 12:31 PM

This is not the first time Betty Williams has told a crowd she would like to kill President Bush. She told it to a bunch of children in Australia last year.

Paging Secret Service!

RushBaby on July 12, 2007 at 12:32 PM

Here Betty, sit down, swallow these pills and I’ll explain it to you. Slowly.

saint kansas on July 12, 2007 at 12:33 PM

oops, wrong link.

RushBaby on July 12, 2007 at 12:33 PM

Can’t say we didn’t see this coming (re:Kos & Cindy) though I am still a bit surprised the break-up has been so publicly displayed. As vile and unhinged as that crowd is, they are mostly left-liberal socialist-lites flirting with Marxism and other “enlightened” philosophies, but ultimately loyal to the Democrat brand. Cindy Sheehan is a straight-up Maoist Communist. She’s been hanging with Code Pink, World Can’t Wait and who knows what other radical wacko orgs for the last couple years, and she’s not going to go soft on her “base.”

So they’re right, she’s trying to push an entire political movement, viva la revolucion, etc. Most of us saw that from day one. The Kos Kids were just a little late to the station.

Hannibal Smith on July 12, 2007 at 12:36 PM

Yeah, and one of them is Rigoberta Menchu, who despite being exposed as a fraud, is running for President of Guatemala.

RushBaby on July 12, 2007 at 12:36 PM

That’s not the first time Williams has blamed Bush for global jihad. She did it in Australia too.

Nethicus on July 12, 2007 at 12:38 PM

“How could you nonviolently kill somebody? I would love to be able to do that.”

Wish him out to the cornfield. That would be a very good thing.

;-)

infidel4life on July 12, 2007 at 12:40 PM

Did you read St. Cindy-Bell’s post at Kos?

Check out the last lines:

I know a lot of you are hostile towards my candidacy. Please
understand that I am doing it for your children and grandchildren
(and my surviving ones.)

Love always,
Cindy

I’m almost shocked – how is it possible that she can dishonor her soldier son’s memory and bring up his name in almost every – single – comment she makes?

Was that really necessary?

I’m actually going to read the Kos thread. I’m curious to see if any of the liberals gagged at her “I’m doing it for your kids … and the few I have left” thing.

Professor Blather on July 12, 2007 at 12:43 PM

The Cindy Sheehan story shows why I don’t really want to see conservative blogs emulate the netroots model.

Slublog on July 12, 2007 at 12:44 PM

First all of, I don’t appreciate some foreigner coming to my country insulting my president or my country. (though I not in favor of Bush, I would feel the same no matter who was president)
Where else could this bleach blonde go and say she liked to kill the leader of a nation and get away with it. People like her are so comfortable knowing that they are in such a free country they can talk like this and not get arrested or killed themselves. How brave they are. I like to see her do this in an middle-eastern country…or Russia..etc.
Lady, go back to where you came from, we have enough idiots here to deal with.

mag5435 on July 12, 2007 at 12:44 PM

Williams made an assassination joke in Dallas? Cripes.

Slublog on July 12, 2007 at 12:45 PM

Sure enough – there may be hope for Democrats yet. I found this not a dozen posts down:

This diary is so arrogant (29+ / 0-)

Specifically this statement:

I know a lot of you are hostile towards my candidacy. Please
understand that I am doing it for your children and grandchildren
(and my surviving ones.)

Professor Blather on July 12, 2007 at 12:46 PM

And people gave Coulter sh*t about Silky because… yeah, double standard. But then, libs are all about that.

ophelia on July 12, 2007 at 12:51 PM

I’ve said it before, but it bears repeating: Nothing infuriates liberal champions of “diversity” so much as an opinion diverse from their own.

For all their self-congratulation about being inclusive, tolerant and peaceful, through word and deed too many on the left reveal a mindset that belies their self-image.

Saint Cindy rattles the foundations of “My Party Right or Wrong” orthodoxy? She must be silenced and shunned.

George Bush does something a “pacifist” disapproves of? He should be put to death. In a “non-violent” way, of course.

For modern-day liberals, increasingly it’s not enough to simply disagree with someone who doesn’t share their point of view. More and more, it seems that they want to take it a step further, frequently in ways that would, if carried out, silence if not eliminate the opposition.

Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot would be very proud of today’s American Left. They have learned their lessons well.

Scratch a liberal, and you’ll find a totalitarian underneath.

Spurius Ligustinus on July 12, 2007 at 12:52 PM

I am shocked that they would do this to someone who has Absolute Moral Authority(TM).

They will be in so much trouble when Mike Moore finds out about this!

JayHaw Phrenzie on July 12, 2007 at 12:57 PM

More on Marxist fraud Rigoberta Menchu.

JammieWearingFool on July 12, 2007 at 12:58 PM

RushBaby on July 12, 2007 at 12:32 PM

I remember I posted on her last year. she said:

“I have a very hard time with this word ‘non-violence’, because I don’t believe that I am non-violent,” said Ms Williams, 64. “Right now, I would love to kill George Bush.”

this time, she switched it to, “Right now, I could kill George Bush”. -at least get some new material if talking about killing a sitting president.

And we can’t forget about Harold Pinter: “I found that to emerge from a personal nightmare was to enter an infinitely more pervasive public nightmare – the nightmare of American hysteria, ignorance, arrogance, stupidity and belligerence; the most powerful nation the world has ever known effectively waging war against the rest of the world.”

Opinionnation on July 12, 2007 at 1:03 PM

Wow, Arthur Nobel would agree. That statement is “DY-NO-MITE!”

gabriel sutherland on July 12, 2007 at 1:03 PM

Sheehan’s “base” are the Code Pinkos. The KosKids want her tarred and feathered. Not sure how the DUmmies feel. They tend to be more moonbatty. Anyway, maybe Sheehan will read the comments on Kos and take a hint.

Blake on July 12, 2007 at 1:06 PM

Did you read St. Cindy-Bell’s post at Kos?
Professor Blather on July 12, 2007 at 12:43 PM

Yes, it was an experience I do not want to repeat!

I’m actually going to read the Kos thread.

Don’t do it, save your brain cells.

abinitioadinfinitum on July 12, 2007 at 1:07 PM

Didn’t the Kos kidz support Bernie Sanders? He’s not a Democrat.

gabriel sutherland on July 12, 2007 at 1:07 PM

More on Marxist fraud Rigoberta Menchu.

JammieWearingFool on July 12, 2007 at 12:58 PM

Glad you have this. Pretty sure her wiki entry has been, shall we say, pruned since I read about her some time back.

RushBaby on July 12, 2007 at 1:08 PM

Spurius Ligustinus on July 12, 2007 at 12:52 PM

The very foundation of liberal ideology contradicts itself.

BadgerHawk on July 12, 2007 at 1:12 PM

Opinionnation on July 12, 2007 at 1:03 PM

Nice one. I looked up Harold Pinter, winner of Nobel Prize in Literature. His CV is leftist to the core *shudder*.

The only person who can bring honor to the Nobel Peace Prize again is Rush Limbaugh.*

*Allahpundit, please don’t ban me for this comment, which I am sure will be carried over to the lefty cauldrons and used to try to disgrace this website.

RushBaby on July 12, 2007 at 1:17 PM

“The Muslim world right now is suffering beyond belief,” she said.

That idiotic statement, the Kill Bush venom, and the presence of Rigoberta Menchu on the dais pretty much invalidate anything else ever said by this group of Moonbat Lesbian Nutballs.

Jaibones on July 12, 2007 at 1:17 PM

Talk about becoming that which you hate… Cindy is quite the “uniter, not a divider.”

rw on July 12, 2007 at 1:18 PM

From a supremely moral position to (3+ / 0-)
a self absorbed independent candidate seems a tragic way to honor Casey and fight for others. Since the diary title starts with the Word “I” it obvious what Cindy is now all about.

by Brother Dave on Thu Jul 12, 2007 at 09:15:10 AM PDT

This perception seems to be typical of about half the comments I read at Kos (I didn’t read very many). Except for the first line, it seems like Brother Dave has a reasonable point of view.

jaime on July 12, 2007 at 1:19 PM

Nobel prize winners are in ‘better’ and ‘better’ company. The cesspool is getting more and more comfy. The committee s/b proud, very proud indeed.

And we persist in calling them progressive, without single-quotes around the term. Worst misnomer, ever.

Entelechy on July 12, 2007 at 1:30 PM

I thought it interesting that the artical says

Nobel laureate calls for removal of Bush

but she says

looks like she is calling for his death not his removal.

jharada on July 12, 2007 at 1:33 PM

It’s funny because the leader she wants dead is George Bush (who will soon be out of office). but she mentions nothing of Kim Jong-Il or Ahmadinejad.

Which proves that “Peace”, to these people (the world community) is measured by one thing; the use of the American military. The barbarity of terrorism and dictatorship is very much acceptable but when the “evil” American Empire uses force to stop the “peace” that is, in actuality, genocide, it’s unacceptable.

Opinionnation on July 12, 2007 at 1:33 PM

To me the prestige of winning the Nobel Peace prize is up there with winning a 4th grade spelling bee. The only difference being that the spelling bee winner wasn’t chosen purely for hating the West in general and America in particular.

madne0 on July 12, 2007 at 1:37 PM

Let her post here and on every other conservative blog!

Let’s show the left that we are not afraid to see her run against SFNancy!

In fact, maybe the boss will consider allowing a link to a paypal account so we can contribute to her campaign!!!

Heaven knows Soros will not be sending her any money and those Code Pink people don’t appear to be very affluent!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on July 12, 2007 at 2:11 PM

those Code Pink people don’t appear to be very affluent!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on July 12, 2007 at 2:11 PM

Well, some of them–like Pink Xerxes–have to save their money for sex change operations.

ReubenJCogburn on July 12, 2007 at 2:21 PM

I thought we weren’t going to tolerate “assassination chic” from these people?

georgej on July 12, 2007 at 4:33 PM

Williams made an assassination joke in Dallas? Cripes.

Slublog on July 12, 2007 at 12:45 PM

Irony not noted by the “peace activist” women in Dallas.

I called a few of the organizations listed on the web site as sponsors of this anti-American hatefest to discuss their thoughts on the speech, and they were pretty much ok with it.

Jaibones on July 12, 2007 at 4:56 PM

Jaibones, I wonder they would be “ok” with it if we started discussing assassinating their people?

georgej on July 12, 2007 at 6:22 PM

georgej on July 12, 2007 at 6:22 PM

See Silky Pony’s mare attempt to debate AC for an answer. And she didn’t even call for an assassination.
These people with no morals have the absolute moral authority. In another thread, I said I could laugh at some of these people, others not so much.

PowWow on July 12, 2007 at 7:18 PM

Williams made an assassination joke in Dallas? Cripes.

Slublog on July 12, 2007 at 12:45 PM

Great point!
I live in Dallas and was a scared 2nd grader the day JFK was killed here.
The city as a whole is still trying to live it down.
(Thank God for the TV show “Dallas” and the Dallas Cowboys!)

The second most frightening thing that happened at this “peace” conference was that 1/2 the audience gave her a standing “O.”
Conservative talk radio pundit Mike Gallagher did a phone interview with her this morning and she lied and dissembled big time about calling for Bush’s death…
He said he was reporting her to the Secret Service. Yes!

Jen the Neocon on July 12, 2007 at 8:41 PM

You could run Stalin against this POS and he would win hands down. You go girl!

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on July 12, 2007 at 9:07 PM

The progressive “leaders” are finally telling Sheehan to shut up, because they ruthlessly protect the power of the Democratic party (which they hope to seize in 2008.) Of course the mainstream media dumped her long ago. But I wonder how many of them acted out of political calculation, and how many actually regret or even feel shame about their exploitation of an emotionally disturbed, probably mentally ill woman. I don’t think Maureen Dowd ever really wrote about, or followed up on how Sheehan used the “absolute moral authority” Dowd bestowed upon her.

WasatchMan on July 12, 2007 at 9:54 PM

Eeeewww! You made me link to Kos! I have to go scrub my fingertips now.

thedecider on July 12, 2007 at 11:00 PM

I’ll feel a bit sorry for Cindy Who? when and if she finally figures out what a tool she is. Until then it’s fun imagining her shock that all her kool kos komrades set her adrift. I figure that she won’t be able to get much press anymore because she went against the DEMs, they’ll close her out, shut off her air. Hugo Chavez probably won’t take her calls anymore either. Say goodbye Cindy.

Buzzy on July 13, 2007 at 1:16 AM

Didn’t the Kos kidz support Bernie Sanders? He’s not a Democrat.

gabriel sutherland on July 12, 2007 at 1:07 PM

Kos kidz CYA on Sanders

no, but they should per the FAQ (4+ / 0-)
Recommended by:churchylafemme, doinaheckuvanutjob, vox humana, pgm 01
it doesn’t just apply to CS. Independent candidacies are
not to be advocated for her, unless they are democratic leaning against a republican (a la Bernie Sanders, who ran in place of a democrat)…

IOW: The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Answer to the exit question: 11/07/06