Hillary embraces the nutroots, will attend Yearly Kos

posted at 3:49 pm on July 12, 2007 by Allahpundit

She had better. She wouldn’t want to do anything crazy like undermine the Democratic Party, would she?

“I’m happy to say that she’ll be there,” writes Peter Daou. And I’m happy to hear it, Peter. Between the headaches she’ll endure from peacebots screeching at her about her Iraq vote, the mortal wound this inflicts on her reputation as someone who doesn’t kowtow to the nutroots (a reputation that’s largely undeserved), and the de facto recognition it grants to the fact that — contrary to what certain liberal colleagues of my beloved boss are known to claim — the fringe left isn’t so fringe, we hit the trifecta. Dedicated to a special lady who’s racking her brain somewhere right now trying to figure out how she’ll spin this the next time she calls Rudy a phony and Brian Kilmeade or whoever inevitably brings it up. My guess? She’ll claim that Hillary’s actually planning some sort of Sister Souljah moment or that attending is proof of her “bravery.”

What would be sweet is if Gore made a surprise appearance the same day and stole her thunder. Which he would, if he did. And she’d deserve it.

kp-reaction.jpg

Comments

What am I supposed to be angry about? Tell me AP!

Nonfactor on July 12, 2007 at 3:54 PM

What’s new? She is a marxist, plain and simple.

TheSitRep on July 12, 2007 at 3:54 PM

They should replace the Democratic convention with Yearly KOS.

JayHaw Phrenzie on July 12, 2007 at 3:57 PM

What did she do Allahpundit? Her support of Hilary is ridiculous yes, but you are like a Pitbull on this issue.

Theworldisnotenough on July 12, 2007 at 3:58 PM

Just a commie speakin’ to other commies…

DCJeff on July 12, 2007 at 3:59 PM

When is this thing? (Sorry, I won’t click over to Kos to find out.)

My guess is the plan is to accept the invitation now, keep an eye on the poll numbers, and unless war support drops to zero, blow it off at the last minute with some lame-ass excuse. If you’re Hillary, you need to please everybody all the time.

saint kansas on July 12, 2007 at 3:59 PM

It took only four comments in response to that dkos diary before someone dropped the F-bomb. ~snicker~

RushBaby on July 12, 2007 at 4:00 PM

What am I supposed to be angry about? Tell me AP!

You personally? Nothing at all. You should be happy. The rest of us should be mad that the Democratic frontrunner, who’s been pilloried by these same cretins for being too darned moderate even though she’s a traditional Democrat, has decided to kiss their ass and legitimize them.

The post didn’t seem that ambiguous, honestly. Where did you lose the plot?

Allahpundit on July 12, 2007 at 4:00 PM

It’s more than just supporting Hillary, guys…

It’s supporting Hillary “NARAL” Clinton and slamming Rudy for being ambivalent about abortion. It’s supporting Hillary “Bless Me O Kos” Clinton and claiming that the nutroots are a fanatical voiceless fringe group. etc. etc.

Lehosh on July 12, 2007 at 4:01 PM

Is this going to be on camera?

We’ve already got hours worth of damning footage of Hillary leading moonbat howling sessions over the past 15 years. Is she planning to give us still MORE free negative campaign add material?

After all this effort she’s spent trying to look like the least crazy Democrat candidate (and succeeding!) is she going to have to chuck that and move back to the left to keep Obama from, as she puts it, “leaving the plantation”?

logis on July 12, 2007 at 4:04 PM

What am I supposed to be angry about? Tell me AP!

You’re supposed to be angry about the inequitable distribution of iPhones in our free market system.

saint kansas on July 12, 2007 at 4:07 PM

And the mujahadeen cheers!

Tony737 on July 12, 2007 at 4:11 PM

Allah,

I was going to send you this but my hotmail isn’t working. Anyway, I know how you miss posting the Rosie stories.

Rosie is bashing poor Elisabeth on her cruise.

Rightwingsparkle on July 12, 2007 at 4:11 PM

Go ahead, elect this woman and you too can be a participant in the revitalization of communism. If she doesn’t scare you then you simply don’t know her.

rplat on July 12, 2007 at 4:12 PM

How dare she meet with a group of people she wants to vote for her in the primary!

Nonfactor on July 12, 2007 at 4:13 PM

That’s what the left said when McCain went to speak at Falwell’s university, right? More nuance, I guess.

Allahpundit on July 12, 2007 at 4:15 PM

If you think anybody here doesn’t want her to go, scroll up and try again.

Jim Treacher on July 12, 2007 at 4:15 PM

Hey, maybe Kos will endorse her, thereby giving her his famous kiss of death.

AlexB on July 12, 2007 at 4:16 PM

Gee, that Kos thing really worked out well for Ned Lamont.
Maybe Hillary can catch some of the nutroot magic…(fingers crossed)!

Jen the Neocon on July 12, 2007 at 4:19 PM

….The rest of us should be mad that the Democratic frontrunner, who’s been pilloried by these same cretins for being too darned moderate even though she’s a traditional Democrat, has decided to kiss their ass and legitimize them….

Allahpundit on July 12, 2007 at 4:00 PM

I’d think that the Republicans should be glad she is trying to thread that needle. The more she identifies with the far left, the less chance she has of pulling right of center moderates and even some left of center moderates.
Just because she tries to legitimize them doesn’t mean everyone will jump in lockstep agreement.
Just my take – half full or half empty I suppose.

Bradky on July 12, 2007 at 4:20 PM

I’m excited for the picture of Hillary with a tin foil hat on!

pb5000 on July 12, 2007 at 4:23 PM

What am I supposed to be angry about? Tell me AP!
Nonfactor on July 12, 2007 at 3:54 PM

Cute.

Yeah, this website is just chock full of AP acolytes who do nothing but wait with quivering anticipation for marching orders from our leader.

Slublog on July 12, 2007 at 4:26 PM

Allahpundit on July 12, 2007 at 4:15 PM

The left were pointing out the hypocrisy of McCain (and I believe the right noticed it as well). If Hillary said that “those on the far left are agents of intolerance” you might have a valid comparison. Again, how dare she try to win over a group of people to vote for her!

Nonfactor on July 12, 2007 at 4:30 PM

Yearly Kos is in Chicago? Dude, I’m going. I’ll see if I can get an affirmative action pass. It’s $175, but I’m sure there is little means to deny my offer of 50 cents and a Starbucks green tea latte for entry.

Is Silky gonna be there? I’ll bring him some complimentary hair care products.

gabriel sutherland on July 12, 2007 at 4:30 PM

Can somebody please photoshop Islamic Rage Boy’s beard on this photo of Hillary?

profitsbeard on July 12, 2007 at 4:44 PM

The Pig is a Communist. She, like all of the elitist, Communist Pigs before her, doesn’t give a damn about hypocrisy. Just as the Communist elites [yes, that's supposed to be a mutually exclusive term] had their car collections and their dachas on the Black Sea, while the people stood in queues for “luxuries” like bread and milk – the Pig has her multi-millions in the bank, a $1.7 million [in 2000] home in Westchester County, NY, and her [either Senatorial or her Presidential] privileged health care plan – while we get to experience her collectivist health care plan for the People [here come those queues, again].

The Pig will say, anything, to anybody, in order to get elected. And she doesn’t give a damn about hypocrisy; she’s already proven that.

OhEssYouCowboys on July 12, 2007 at 4:47 PM

Think positive. This may turn into an O’Reilly moment. The Kos kids booing Hillary off the stage.

Griz on July 12, 2007 at 4:51 PM

I’m just waiting to see the Democrats in the Great Gay Debate.

Alden Pyle on July 12, 2007 at 4:56 PM

Again, how dare she try to win over a group of people to vote for her!

Again, what makes you think we don’t want her to try?

Jim Treacher on July 12, 2007 at 5:19 PM

Again, how dare she try to win over a group of people to vote for her!

Nonfactor on July 12, 2007 at 4:30 PM

Doesn’t bother me. Fits right in with her persona, imo, go anyway, say anything.

Spirit of 1776 on July 12, 2007 at 5:34 PM

Awesome news! I can’t wait to see a picture of Hillary in her tinfoil hat!

Or will she skip out at the last minute, as Bill did to the NAACP today?

Anton on July 12, 2007 at 6:18 PM

What am I supposed to be angry about? Tell me AP!
Nonfactor on July 12, 2007 at 3:54 PM

If you cant see the ironic idiocy of Shillary with a tinfoil hat on her thick skull, well….I don’t know what you will be capable of understanding.
The ONLY change which would make this even more of a ‘shill’ moment for her would be if the 2007 event were in a mosque, run on batteries.

I do know this about you from your comments.

You have been correct ONCE this year. Your moniker.

shooter on July 12, 2007 at 6:39 PM

SHILL
To act as a shill.

1. To act as a shill for (a deceitful enterprise).
2. To lure (a person) into a swindle.

‘picture of the clinton mafia here’

shooter on July 12, 2007 at 6:41 PM

Nonfactor on July 12, 2007 at 4:30 PM

So I’m sure you were completely in favor of Bush speaking to students at Bob Jones, then? Or are you going to offer more nuance?

Slublog on July 12, 2007 at 6:49 PM

The Original Hill Girl!

sonnyspats1 on July 12, 2007 at 7:08 PM

Slublog on July 12, 2007 at 6:49 PM

Why would I be against it?

Nonfactor on July 12, 2007 at 7:41 PM

Why would I be against it?
Nonfactor on July 12, 2007 at 7:41 PM

Well, good for you if you aren’t. Your ideological brethren certainly gave the president a hard time about it.

Slublog on July 12, 2007 at 7:52 PM

You gotta love that photo of Hill. Is she lookin’ at a crucifix, or what?

Dork B. on July 12, 2007 at 8:29 PM

Yearly Kos would not be Yearly Kos without the calm, controlled Voice Of Restraint that is…….. Al Franken.

Should truly be a YouTube moment.

pilamaye on July 12, 2007 at 8:34 PM

This could be her downfall. It will be fun to try and watch her come back from that far left. Silky is out there, Obama and now Shrill is going too. That branch is gonna crack pretty soon. The fall might make for some enjoyment. She seems to recover from a lot. I don’t know if she can come back from Kos though. Handlers may put a stop to this before it happens

PowWow on July 12, 2007 at 8:37 PM

The post didn’t seem that ambiguous, honestly. Where did you lose the plot?

Allahpundit on July 12, 2007 at 4:00 PM

Dude, please never get another job. As for Clinton, watching her get booed will be great.

BadgerHawk on July 12, 2007 at 8:47 PM

Suprise, suprise!! The PIPAS is anywhere but where it matters? Like her husband she is a looser with a capital L.

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on July 12, 2007 at 9:05 PM

She’s going to KISS the KOS ring huh? There is so much material that KOS has published that make them look absolutely looney and rabid racists that they can soon be used in Anti-Hillary hit pieces. Please KISS the Ring!

Egfrow on July 13, 2007 at 12:50 AM

So, the KOS Kommies kall themselves Kossacks. Here’s what real Cossacks would do instead of the whinny whimpy windbag socialists.

A Letter to the Sulton of Turky

Egfrow on July 13, 2007 at 12:57 AM

So, the KOS Kommies kall themselves Kossacks.

You’re kidding, right?

Please tell me you are.

I can’t post here anymore because my potential run for Congress is not on the Democratic ticket…

She gets screwed over again.

How sad. My heart bleeds toilet water for Cindy.

…seems a tragic way to honor Casey

What fools does this “Brother Dave” guy take people for?

These are the same nutroots that see nothing wrong with propaganda calling for the murder of Soldiers and their CO’s.

Ryan Gandy on July 13, 2007 at 1:22 AM

Ryan Gandy on July 13, 2007 at 1:22 AM,

What’s your concern about that statement?

Egfrow on July 13, 2007 at 2:15 AM

This is Hillary running to the left while she uses the Clenis to hold the center.

csdeven on July 13, 2007 at 7:10 AM

KP is so friggin’ cute.

I’m sorry, what? Hillary something? You shot who in the what now?

MadisonConservative on July 13, 2007 at 8:18 AM

That photo of Hillary…

Is she doing the Tarzan yell?

Or did Bill hand her a cigar?

The False Dervish on July 13, 2007 at 9:40 AM

speaking of cigars…. I’ll just sit back light one up with my Jameson’s and watch what happens when she goes to the Koz thing. Wonder what will happen first… Will the elder eat the young or vice versa?

MNDavenotPC on July 13, 2007 at 2:46 PM