Audio: Fred! tells Hannity he’s made his decision whether to run

posted at 7:17 pm on July 10, 2007 by Allahpundit

But naturally he won’t say what that decision is even though it’s palpably clear he’s running. He also reminds us that it’s important to elect a Republican Congress. Like the one we had for 12 years that didn’t do jack to secure the borders? Is he joking?

I think I’m staying home next year, seriously. N.B.: The clip has been edited for brevity.

Link: sevenload.com

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Always Right on July 11, 2007 at 5:39 AM

I am ALREADY bored by Fred’s coy indecision.

What can I say, some people have instant gratification issues, sorry to inform you but real life isn’t all toaster strudel or microwave popcorn. So Fred refuses to officially announce what everyone already knows to be a fact in a race that started a full year early.

Sorry I really don’t feel like spending the entire rest of my life listening to presidential campaigns that never stop. Hillary jumped the gate a year early and all the pack following none leaders followed her out of the gate…Except for Fred Thompson. In any other race the first person to jump the gate is disqualified, Damn shame we don’t do that in politics.

At this point only Hillary and Fred Thompson are showing any true leadership.

Hillary is displaying a serious lack of self-control and contempt for the American people combined with an obvious self-doubt. Clearly she doesn’t think she can win without the extra year of campaigning.

Fred obviously does think he can win without that extra year of campaigning and refuses to be forced to campaign by Hillary’s rules or on Hillary’s time table.

If you want to snivel and whine about Fred not declaring at least wait until he has actually failed to meet the actual declaration deadlines, instead of because he refused to allow Hillary to draw him offsides with her.

doriangrey on July 11, 2007 at 12:17 PM

AP, Stop acting like some kid over at Digg, iPhone this and KP that. You are an embarrassment to MM with the iPhone thing.
Step up to the plate and show some civic leadership___ vote and encourage others to do the same. MM is working her ba–s off. Working day and night trying to educate one and all, but all you can do is cry, cry, cry. Boo Hoo, I want my iPod or I will stay home. If I was her, I would tell you what you could do with your iPhone.
CharlestonCritic on July 11, 2007 at 12:04 AM

Allah isn’t publicly begging just to get himself an iPhone.

He’s also doing it because he knows we revel in his pain. It’s like a public service.

Slublog on July 11, 2007 at 12:32 PM

Some people just need to have their faces rubbed in shite for a while before they figure out its better to stand upright, even if the ground is a little rocky and the walk is uphill.

Everyone learns at their own pace.

Fred on July 11, 2007 at 12:56 PM

Fred on July 11, 2007 at 12:56 PM

Everyone learns at their own pace.

No, some people (socialist/liberal democrats) don’t seem to learn at all…

doriangrey on July 11, 2007 at 1:45 PM

Let’s not call them RINOs anymore, instead it’s DID => Democrats in Drag

shirgall on July 11, 2007 at 2:20 PM

JUMP!

Stephen M on July 10, 2007 at 11:26 PM

Heh.

The Sinner on July 10, 2007 at 8:11 PM

In my world, referring to Christianity as a “fairy tale” would qualify as a form of bigotry, no?

Jaibones on July 11, 2007 at 2:55 PM

Was there something offensive about my antidepressant comment? Certainly not intentional; I take them myself.

mikeyboss on July 11, 2007 at 4:50 PM

If you people don’t trust Sen. Thompson for whatever reason, then you need to put REAL PERSONAL EFFORT behind either Tancredo or Hunter, because they ARE what you are looking for. (Ron Paul has outstanding constitutional principles, but his intellect is off the wire.) Everybody says “but they lack name recognition, they’re too late to catch up”, and I say WRONG. Bill Clinton was still a total unknown until as late as March 1992.

AP, staying home won’t do it. Start devoting your entire site to everything positive about these two CONSERVATIVE candidates, and make a difference. Or go sit in a corner and pout, it’s up to you.

Freelancer on July 11, 2007 at 7:14 PM