Video: Stephanopoulos questions Truther messiah’s divine mission

posted at 1:29 pm on July 9, 2007 by Allahpundit

And in so doing condemns himself to an eternity of hate-mail torment from this Bircheresque crank’s fanatic disciples. As for the capital-p Patriot’s comic stuttering incredulity upon being informed of his chances, I’m reminded of Count Rugen’s immortal words: “Good heavens. Are you still trying to win?

Of course, Inigo did end up winning, didn’t he? Maybe that’s a bad example.

Thanks to my new wingmen for the clip.

Comments

I’d place money on him. Stuff like this will make victory that much sweeter!!! muahahahaha

libertytexan on July 9, 2007 at 1:30 PM

Fear the spam.

amerpundit on July 9, 2007 at 1:35 PM

How dare you mock the only true champion of the Constitution and the man who WILL save America!

bj1126 on July 9, 2007 at 1:39 PM

The last hope. The best hope. For humanity. Save the Republic. Take the Red Pill. Ron Paul.

lorien1973 on July 9, 2007 at 1:47 PM

Hello! My name is George Stephanopoulos; you killed my father, prepare to die!

the only thing I have to ad is: BOOOOOOM! HEAD SHOT!

liquidflorian on July 9, 2007 at 1:48 PM

awww…. don’t make ron cry

aclark on July 9, 2007 at 1:49 PM

B-b-b-but, He’s the Only Man Who Can Save America!

Bad Candy on July 9, 2007 at 1:49 PM

RP: “are you willing to bet your… every cent in your pocket…”

Stephanopoulos: “Yes.”

RP: “…for that?”

Full of win.

Citizen Duck on July 9, 2007 at 1:51 PM

I’ll take that bet too, Ron Paul.
Ain’t no way on God’s green earth, that you’re winning. Not even the nomination.
Get used to it now.

ToddonCapeCod on July 9, 2007 at 1:55 PM

It’s time to play SPOT THE LOONEY!

How the heck did this gumby manage to get himself elected to Congress?!!!!

pilamaye on July 9, 2007 at 1:58 PM

I love the whole belief on the part of his cultists that if they can only stuff enough online polls (or Digg enough stories that mention his name), somehow there’s a tipping point where normal people will be transformed into fellow zombies. Not gonna happen–there’s a reason why some movements never make it past the fringe. Just because you’re convinced you can hitch a ride on the comet when it flies past Earth doesn’t mean that any of us will ever join you.

ReubenJCogburn on July 9, 2007 at 1:59 PM

Ol’ Ron Paul has got allot of Barney Fife in him.

I thought he was gonna Nip that interview in the bud.

TheSitRep on July 9, 2007 at 2:05 PM

You know…I just resently came into a little extra cash that I’ve been meaning to invest(bet). I’d be more than happy to let GS hold my share of the wager until the end of ’08 so I could be sure to double my money on a sure thing that RP would (should)lose. Any more takers from the RP camp?

Walk the walk, or talk the talk Paulers.

1GooDDaDDy on July 9, 2007 at 2:08 PM

Citizen Duck on July 9, 2007 at 1:51 PM

Heh.

Ron Paul is a first-rate horse’s ass.

Jaibones on July 9, 2007 at 2:11 PM

He has that “I don’t know if I’m gonna puke or cry” stammer.
He quivers in the presents of that bathhouse towel boy?
Dennis Kosackinich has more gravitas than R Paul.

TheSitRep on July 9, 2007 at 2:12 PM

Dr. Ron Paul: Doctor
Allahpundit: Not a Doctor

Any response to this that does not directly quote The Constitution will be ignored.

BohicaTwentyTwo on July 9, 2007 at 2:16 PM

SitRep…Now that is an insult to bathhouse towel boys everywhere…Shame !

DoctorDentons on July 9, 2007 at 2:17 PM

like telling a kid Santa Claus doesn’t exist….

jp on July 9, 2007 at 2:18 PM

Stephanopoulus points out at the start of the interview that Ron Paul has more cash on hand than McCain. Paul has little more chance of winning than, say, Tom Tancredo, but similarly his candidacy is useful for keeping issues in front of the top-tier candidates. The Bush years have created significant fault lines among key Republican factions. The small government crowd is an important part of the Republican majority (the one pulled together by Reagan) and they have been troubled by Bush’s inability to reign in government spending and the mismanagement of our military forces in Iraq.

dedalus on July 9, 2007 at 2:26 PM

Dr. Ron Paul: Doctor
Dr. Howard Dean: Doctor
Dr. Jack Kevorkian: Doctor
Dr. J: Not a Doctor but more of a man than all three combined.

Your point?

robblefarian on July 9, 2007 at 2:27 PM

Heh.

CP on July 9, 2007 at 2:57 PM

Superman’s Bizarro World: Election 2008 … Cindy Sheehan wins Nancy Pelosi’s seat and Ron Paul wins the Presidential election with John Stossel as his Vice President and Cynthia McKinney is appointed Secretary of State.

SilverStar830 on July 9, 2007 at 2:58 PM

Dude, that made my day.

jaychandra on July 9, 2007 at 3:02 PM

Ron Paul won in a New Hampshire straw poll. El Duce came in second, but the scuttlebutt is that two Rudy supporters dropped enough cash to buy most votes–a charge that is too good to ruin with fact-checking.

Hey, let’s make a Ron Paul-supporters-spam-the-Internet joke!

rho on July 9, 2007 at 3:05 PM

Well, it’s uncanny how people who don’t spam the Internet don’t get mocked mercilessly for it. Whining about getting called out for nutty behavior merely compounds the nutty behavior.

ReubenJCogburn on July 9, 2007 at 3:15 PM

When people refer to The Patriot as Dr. Paul it reminds me of the way people refer to Chairman Mao.

Ron Paul supporters = cult of personality.

In case you are wondering, yes, the Ron Paul spray painted bedsheet is still hanging.

BohicaTwentyTwo on July 9, 2007 at 3:17 PM

rho on July 9, 2007 at 3:05 PM

rho, disregarding his foreign policy ideas, who do you think his fiscal policies are most like? Either out of the current crop of candidates or other notables would be fine.

Spirit of 1776 on July 9, 2007 at 3:24 PM

Dr. Ron Paul: Doctor
Allahpundit: Not a Doctor

BohicaTwentyTwo on July 9, 2007 at 2:16 PM

You know who else is a doctor? Ayman al-Zawahiri, second in command of al-Qaeda. He’s a pediatrician. The London bombers were also doctors. Luyau was a doctor.

What’s your point in this? Because he has “Dr.” in front of his name, that means he’s likely to win?

amerpundit on July 9, 2007 at 3:43 PM

rho on July 9, 2007 at 3:05 PM

First of all…what? Are you alleging that Rudy Giuliani is buying votes? What evidence do you have, or is that just a conspiracy theory. The spamming by Paul supporters isn’t a joke. It’s recalling history.

Let’s remember the Pajamas Media Strawpoll, shall we? Over 200 votes for Ron Paul, in just over an hour, from one IP address. MSNBC has profiles for the Republican candidates, and all they had next to Paul was “Please stop emailing us”. I even posted a poll on my own site, and received several votes from one IP, all voting for Paul.

amerpundit on July 9, 2007 at 3:46 PM

GS: What’s success for you in this campaign?

RP: …Well, to win, is one. The goal…

GS: [laughing] You’re not going to win!

I never thought anybody could make me cheer for George Stephanopoulos.

I’ll take that bet too. I only wish I had bigger pockets.

logis on July 9, 2007 at 4:44 PM

lol, that was pathetic

RightWinged on July 9, 2007 at 5:04 PM

dedalus on July 9, 2007 at 2:26 PM

Yeah, keeping the “9/11 Was An Inside Job” issue in the forefront along with the all important Jooo Conspiracy and Racist stances are sure to propel him to certain victory if we just ignore the earmark hypocrisy.

Well, if you define “victory” as getting more than 1% of the vote that is.

Hollowpoint on July 9, 2007 at 5:05 PM

Hey, let’s make a Ron Paul-supporters-spam-the-Internet joke!

rho on July 9, 2007 at 3:05 PM

But maybe I’m wrong- Rudy was mayor of NYC. Where do all the New York Money Men live? NYC. Conclusion: The Jooos bought off all the legitimate polling organizations. Something to do with Rudy’s support for the bagel industry or something.

Hollowpoint on July 9, 2007 at 5:12 PM

Dr. Ron Paul: Doctor
Allahpundit: Not a Doctor

BohicaTwentyTwo on July 9, 2007 at 2:16 PM

He’s making a joke–it’s Ron Paul’s appeal for Absolute Moral Authority: I’m a doctor–you’re not.

TexasDan on July 9, 2007 at 5:50 PM

“No, how about we make the “Ron Paul supporters are looney conspiracy theory fetishists who rig polls and cite them as evidence of support where almost none exists” joke.”

I think somebody beat you to it.

logis on July 9, 2007 at 5:51 PM

Hollowpoint,
Not sure why you pulled a quote from my post to make your point that Ron Paul won’t win. I agree with you and Stephenapolous on that point.

Republicans have a lot of work to do to recapture the small government crowd. It will help the party in November ’08 to not have the Paul supporters defect to the Libertarian candidate (possibly Paul?). As we saw in 2000 1% can swing a lot of electoral votes.

I disagree with Paul on several key issues, such as trade policy, but the issues he raises about the size and role of the federal government and where we went wrong in Iraq are ultimately helpful for the Republican conversation.

dedalus on July 9, 2007 at 6:00 PM

Now that was funny. He really looked shocked. This is what happens when you believe the hype that moonbats throw at you.
Reminds me of Kucinich saying he’s keeping his eye on the prize.

PowWow on July 9, 2007 at 8:55 PM

Who woulda thunk Snuffoloffugous would still have a Sunday morning talk show.

oakpack on July 9, 2007 at 10:02 PM

I just popped over to Ian’s site. The nuts hit him on this video

PowWow on July 10, 2007 at 12:07 AM