Video: Ann Curry touches the hem of Goracle’s garment — repeatedly; Update: Live Earth ratings tank hard

posted at 12:18 pm on July 9, 2007 by Allahpundit

Why, I haven’t seen such ecstatic pawing at a leaden icon since the beginning of “2001.” And to think, if Katie hadn’t decamped to CBS so she could go around slapping the sputum out of people’s mouths, this assignment probably would have been hers.

Thanks to Greg H. of Beyond The News for the assist. With Bryan on vacation, you’re my wingman now, G!

Update: Not even Tipper’s going to want to touch him after this.

Comments

Ok, be honest, how long have you had that line in your back pocket just waiting for the right blog post to attach it to?

armylawyer on July 9, 2007 at 12:23 PM

I think she took the Brown Acid.

bmac on July 9, 2007 at 12:23 PM

I love that line Allah!
What is wrong with that girl that she can’t keep her hands off Gore the Bore? Disgusting!!

OBX Pete on July 9, 2007 at 12:26 PM

A perverted symbiotic relationship, the MSM and blowhard lefty politicians. Necessary for them, bad for us!

deadbackpacker on July 9, 2007 at 12:26 PM

Yeah, how do you come up with this stuff? And all without an iPhone…(ps the hand-knitted variety gave me a good laugh!)

JetBoy on July 9, 2007 at 12:27 PM

I think it’s a lot more like the ecstatic pawing at the beginning of History of the World: Part I.

ReubenJCogburn on July 9, 2007 at 12:30 PM

Tipper was not amused.

KelliD on July 9, 2007 at 12:30 PM

It’s disgusting how in love with Gore women act, because their liberalism and inability to think critically about “global warming” leads them to believe he’s God. Does anyone else remember the image of Cameron Diaz practically looking like she was going to pounce on him when they were on stage at some award show (probably the Oscars, can’t remember)

RightWinged on July 9, 2007 at 12:32 PM

We need an Oreilly body language segment here.

Scarborough’s work the pole question might have actually been appropriate here.

The Race Card on July 9, 2007 at 12:34 PM

Oh, ouch.

I’m at work, so I can’t watch the video. But I have a very vivid imagination…

/curse that vivid imagination!

Bob's Kid on July 9, 2007 at 12:37 PM

“That meaty white arm.”

greggish on July 9, 2007 at 12:39 PM

The whole Today Show crew are in lust with anything Clinton/Gore. When Meredith Viera interviewed Clinton, she was like a giddy schoolgirl.

bmac on July 9, 2007 at 12:52 PM

I guess she is one of those “types” of people who like to squeeze, pinch and bite chubby baby legs.

The Goracle should thank his lucky stars she didn’t start gnawing on his under arm flap like a horse bit.

heatherrc77 on July 9, 2007 at 12:52 PM

Ick.

baldilocks on July 9, 2007 at 12:52 PM

I hope Ann brought a change of panties that day…

But really, what is with these women who find him attractive? Don’t they hear the swish in his voice every time he speaks? Ladies, wake up!

Kensington on July 9, 2007 at 12:55 PM

Ann, please restrain yourself. Didn’t your mother ever teach you about a little modesty? Like don’t throw yourself at men even though they might turn you on?

Jeff on July 9, 2007 at 12:55 PM

And one more thing, that Ann Curry really is a spicy dish!

Kensington on July 9, 2007 at 12:57 PM

Has Ann seen that Sweaty Gore video? It’s not hard to imagine her losing all composure and just burrowing in there face first.

Kensington on July 9, 2007 at 1:01 PM

Ick.

baldilocks on July 9, 2007 at 12:52 PM

Yup.

Bad Candy on July 9, 2007 at 1:02 PM

And then John Stamos showed up drunk and my V-chip kicked in.

saint kansas on July 9, 2007 at 1:02 PM

Good Lord. Get a room.

BacaDog on July 9, 2007 at 1:02 PM

Goracle… please answer just one question…. where did all the money come from for this event ?

Maxx on July 9, 2007 at 1:10 PM

Watching the video I’m reminded of the time Rick Lazio sexually assaulted Hillary Clinton during that televised debate.

That much could have gotten Ann Curry suspended from several elementary schools and sent to sensitivity training.

saint kansas on July 9, 2007 at 1:14 PM

Ok, I’ll bite. Who’s Ann Curry?

mojo on July 9, 2007 at 1:17 PM

I thought she was gonna straddle him right there on the set.

infidel4life on July 9, 2007 at 1:18 PM

Maxx on July 9, 2007 at 1:10 PM

Someone on TV said the tix were $340 a pop.
BacaDog at 1:02, you took my line.

eeyore on July 9, 2007 at 1:20 PM

Good Lord mojo! I take it you don’t own a TV? Ann Curry is one of the Today show hosts on NBC. I think she’s the leading lady now that Couric is at CBS. I can’t imagine you would have boycotted NBC long enough to never see the Today show.

Bad Candy on July 9, 2007 at 1:20 PM

Since you brought up Couric I loved the line that she was promised a feature called “FreeSpeech” where celebrities would have a forum to express their ideas. Yech.

Blake on July 9, 2007 at 1:24 PM

Someone on TV said the tix were $340 a pop.
BacaDog at 1:02, you took my line.

eeyore on July 9, 2007 at 1:20 PM

For who ? I thought these concerts were free to the public, all you had to do is show up. And not many did show-up by the way. And its TV rating in Britain were dismal.

Live Earth branded a foul-mouthed flop

Maxx on July 9, 2007 at 1:30 PM

Maybe she is just attracted to the scent of ManBearPig pheromones…

saltydogg14 on July 9, 2007 at 1:33 PM

The flesh test.

Curry was only checking to see if Al was a human or a Gorebot.

fogw on July 9, 2007 at 1:48 PM

And you wonder why so many guys go liberal. It’s the best way to pick up ditsy chicks! Just memorize a few inanities about global warming and that EVIL Bush and his cronies, and she’s in the bag!

Literally.

madne0 on July 9, 2007 at 1:53 PM

Live Earth bombs in Nielsen’s.

The numbers are positively Olby-esque.

JammieWearingFool on July 9, 2007 at 1:56 PM

God! She’s like a maudlin drunk at a party.
Get a room, why don’t they.

TheSitRep on July 9, 2007 at 1:56 PM

Who’s Ann Curry?

rightwingprof on July 9, 2007 at 1:58 PM

She’s kind of hot, but he is a disinterested man, not because he’s married, but because he is a flaming edwards.

TheSitRep on July 9, 2007 at 1:59 PM

It’s a classic case of talkie-walkie. She subconsciously grabs the listeners arm because people tend to simply walk away while she is speaking to them, and we all know why…

mojowire on July 9, 2007 at 2:00 PM

Ann Curry has been gushing for the Academy Award of newscasting for years, it is excruciating.
Just saying “good mourning” (ugh), she leans in and drags the greeting out, like she reallly means it with every fake phony fiber she can muster, “goood moorning”, that’s right a news legend like me, the great Ann Curry, really really means it (i just lost battle with my breakfast). Her touchy feely BS has been nails on a chalkboard for years, thought she might tone it down after the Katie competition departed but obviously not.

Not to be too meladramatic but…Ann Currys faux emotion could be the greatest threat this planet has ever faced.

Tipper should plant her carbon footprint on Anns leftist butt cheek. Currys kitten claws could have burst the AirshipGore.

christophercube on July 9, 2007 at 2:08 PM

Curry is such a loser, I heard she is in line for a news anchor on CBS.

Wade on July 9, 2007 at 2:17 PM

Tipper should plant her carbon footprint on Anns leftist butt cheek.

Tipper has rated your comment X/A for sexually explicit or profane content and glorification of violence.

saint kansas on July 9, 2007 at 2:19 PM

That’s probably the most Algore’s gotten in a long time.

ToddonCapeCod on July 9, 2007 at 2:32 PM

I think it’s funny how Scarborough and the other guy just made fun of the whole thing.

CP on July 9, 2007 at 2:47 PM

The best part by far was hearing these lyrics sung on stage for the five minutes I stopped to watch:

We don’t need no education
We don’t need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone
Hey! Teachers! Leave them kids alone!

jcrue on July 9, 2007 at 3:01 PM

Hahaha…..Cops beat or nearly beat the Live Earth broadcast on Fox. hahahah. That will drive the libs nuts.

Mallard T. Drake on July 9, 2007 at 3:03 PM

Mallard T. Drake on July 9, 2007 at 3:03 PM

That’s cause “Cops” rocks and you know, police officers actually do something useful. Instead of smoking weed and whining. Come to think of it, maybe we’ll see the attenders of Live Earth on “Cops” soon. ‘Cause you know, the weed and mayhaps the littering.

mjk on July 9, 2007 at 3:36 PM

I’m sure she heard how during the 2000 campaign he appeared stiff and wooden.

She just misinterpreted what they were talking about.

clghitis on July 9, 2007 at 3:45 PM

Candy: No boycott, I just don’t watch content-free fluff, which “Today” qualifies as.

mojo on July 9, 2007 at 4:04 PM

I’m sure Curry would have reacted exactly like that to Fred Thompson or Tom Delay, right?

MCPO Airdale on July 9, 2007 at 4:27 PM

Yuk, that was weird. I think if I’d been wanting to listen to the conversation between the two, it would’ve been hard with the distracting physical pawing going on.

4shoes on July 9, 2007 at 4:46 PM

Update: Live Earth ratings tank hard

How can that be? You don’t mean to say it was a lie when the media and Gore, etc. kept repeating the “2 billion people” line I heard probably 20 times the day of and the days before the concert, do you Allah?

RightWinged on July 9, 2007 at 4:56 PM

Gore will blame the ratings on Global Warming.

j0 on July 9, 2007 at 5:02 PM

What IS IT with these attractive, supposedly SMART wimmen and gnarly honkin’ Demoncratics?

THE aide to New Jersey Gov. Jon Corzine who was with him April 12 when he was seriously injured in a car crash was suddenly reassigned last month because the two had become “too close,” said an inside source.

I mean, YECH!

tree hugging sister on July 9, 2007 at 5:15 PM

mojo on July 9, 2007 at 4:04 PM

Never heard of Ann Curry either. I watch a lot of TV but have never watched “Today”.

SIJ6141 on July 9, 2007 at 5:17 PM

Is this another Los Angeles mayor Tony “Family Man” Villar and Telemundo Chica Murthala Salinas?

DfDeportation on July 9, 2007 at 6:05 PM

I have and I had no idea who the woman is. If I watch one show on NBC a week it is a very unusual week.

deepdiver on July 9, 2007 at 6:55 PM

Even DiCrapio looks at him like that. This guy is a golden god to these people.

PowWow on July 9, 2007 at 8:24 PM

“During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of carbon footprints, it was then that I carried you…”

Dork B. on July 9, 2007 at 9:01 PM

The real reason Al Gore is screaming about global warming.

The MSM almost never shows it but, ever catch a side shot of Gores face?

Ever watch March of the Penguins?

He’s one of them!

Ann turned the Gorguin the most lovely shade of pink, apparently he hasn’t been preened for a long time.

Speakup on July 9, 2007 at 10:59 PM

If Gore wouldn’t be so wooden, he’d have reached over and kissed her. She was asking for more.

Entelechy on July 10, 2007 at 1:04 AM

Live Earth branded a foul-mouthed flop

Maxx on July 9, 2007 at 1:30 PM

NOT free to the public. The bands played FOR free, meaning all of the ticket proceeds were treated as benefit donations.

Freelancer on July 10, 2007 at 5:33 AM

Zing!

Dork B., be watching your mailbox for the coveted Post of the Day plaque.

saint kansas on July 10, 2007 at 5:50 AM

I’ve seen Curry interview others-I’ve never seen her grab onto anyone like that. If she were interviewing Ann Coulter, they would be in different zip codes.

Doug on July 10, 2007 at 7:55 AM

are there any ratings on how it did online or on the cable stations that ran it all day (MSNBC or CNBC, and Bravo)? It’d be interesting to see how it fared with the tech crowd and the more “targeted” cable crowd, since it obviously didn’t fare well on NBC

LaVentanita on July 10, 2007 at 8:42 AM

“Ann Curry touches the hem of Goracle’s garment — repeatedly”

Curry is healed. Go in peace to love and serve dead earth.

saved on July 10, 2007 at 11:04 AM