St. Cindy to Pelosi: Impeach Bush now — or crush me in an election

posted at 6:15 pm on July 8, 2007 by Allahpundit

Considering that she took 80% of the vote last year to the Green Party’s 8%, I’m guessing Madam Speaker’s willing to take her chances. Besides, with Republicans heading for the lifeboats, U.S. troops warning that the new counterinsurgency strategy may be backfiring, and Bush’s own people hastily rewriting the benchmarks because Maliki can’t meet the ones that have already been set, the troop drawdown will be well under way by the time the election finally rolls around next year. With that feather in Pelosi’s cap, no one’s going to care about what she did or didn’t do about impeachment. Except of course for the special few who still take Mother Sheehan seriously.

One very small but satisfying consolation in the coming Republican electoral implosion: it’s going to put an awful lot of cretins like her and our pal Olby out of business.

Comments

The American people wants change. Doesnt have to be the democratic party who isnt change anymore.

We knew that the showdown between the moonbats and Democrats was coming. The dems fed those monsters and now they are turning on them.

So the choice for the democrats is clear. Either you slay the monster you created Dr Frankenpilosi or You become the monster that threatens you.

William Amos on July 8, 2007 at 6:19 PM

Except of course for the special few who still take Mother Sheehan seriously.

Heh. The only question is can they mobilize as effectively as the RP core to spam online polls.

Spirit of 1776 on July 8, 2007 at 6:23 PM

Can’t wait for that debate.

Sheehan: Waaaaaaaaaaaaa, Impeach, Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Pelosi: *deep sigh*

BacaDog on July 8, 2007 at 6:25 PM

This could really hurt Pelosi. Sheehan might draw enough votes away from Pelosi to hand the election to the Republican…wait, there aren’t any Republicans in Pelosi’s district…never mind. In fact, Sheehan will probably win.

packsoldier on July 8, 2007 at 6:26 PM

Nancy…….1,259,821
Cindy…….0,000,006

CA is nuts, not crazy.

Limerick on July 8, 2007 at 6:27 PM

the coming Republican electoral implosion

glad to know someone is awake

Limerick on July 8, 2007 at 6:32 PM

Read the backfire link. It quote a Pfc and Spc who say it is not working. Rather it is or not who the hell cares what a couple of low ranking grunts think. When I was a grunt all we did was bitch and complain, then complete our missions.

Wade on July 8, 2007 at 6:32 PM

I thought this gerbil went away

Gregor on July 8, 2007 at 6:36 PM

I can second that. That’s the number one pastime in the sandbox by e-4s and below.

krabbas on July 8, 2007 at 6:39 PM

I think the reason Republicans are suffering nationally is because Bush has lost his fire and drive. Hes the head man of the party right now and he hasnt been the leader he once was.

I always thought Bush was using Immigration to pull a “Reagan” by reversing course on a major issue (For reagan it was talks with the soviets. Reagan worked with Gorby to set the road for the end of the Soviet empire)

Bush’s choices lately have seen too much like an effort to be liked rather than be a leader. Clinton was simply popular because he wouldnt take any controversial possitions unless it was to make himself look more presidentual (like bombing Serbia and Afganistan)

Republicans are being hurt but not having a strong voice to counter the loud complaining that is typical of the democrats. That is why “Fred” is strong right now because he seems to have the capibility to become that voice. But again republicans back leaders not just beauty pagent contestants who look good on paper. Fred has yet to make me or others believe he is there yet. Its still in Fred’s court however and he better start making the effort.

William Amos on July 8, 2007 at 6:42 PM

Well aren’t we being optimists today…

You really think they’ll go out of business? I submit, that with The Enemey officially dead, they will refocus their energies on destroying his minions and making sure they never rise up again.

Lehosh on July 8, 2007 at 6:45 PM

Bah, *Enemy*… preview button please.

Lehosh on July 8, 2007 at 6:46 PM

“coming Republican electoral implosion”
– Allahpundit

So basically this whole covering Rudy/Fred/Mitt thing is a whole bunch of bullsh–?

It’s pointless… we can’t win?

Christoph on July 8, 2007 at 6:51 PM

Wade on July 8, 2007 at 6:32 PM

Exactly. And proof that the media really is scraping for someone, anyone, to say the surge isn’t working. So they quote “junior officers” (which to me says a second lieutenant, who probably has almost half the time in the Army that I have on deployments), and junior enlisted. Now, while you will probably get an honest opinion of what’s going on here and now, and I know I’m not the guy to ask about big picture strategy.

And why are they complaining about doing patrols that don’t sound much different from what we did in OIF 1?

Spc Steve on July 8, 2007 at 6:51 PM

the coming Republican electoral implosion:

Republicans will lose because they have strayed too far from the conservative message. They will also lose because they have been paralyzingly inept in getting any good news “out” for public consumption. So yes, the republicans will implode.

pullingmyhairout on July 8, 2007 at 6:56 PM

I forgot to finish my thought: People with crazy messages like St. Cindy will be able to make headway just because the Republicans haven’t been able to get their message out.

pullingmyhairout on July 8, 2007 at 6:58 PM

pullingmyhairout on July 8, 2007 at 6:58 PM

What is she running for, Graverobber?

profitsbeard on July 8, 2007 at 7:02 PM

the Republicans haven’t been able to get their message out.

No, the republicans are getting their message out loud and clear. And that’s the problem. Voting rino’s into office cycle after cycle because of an R next to their name as bitten the party in the ass.

lorien1973 on July 8, 2007 at 7:03 PM

60, 68, 76, 84, 92, 00……..shakeups and the pattern is?

I am not saying we will loose, but I don’t believe it will depend on which candidate we choose to carry the banner as much as what happens between now and Nov. GW, Israel, Pak, AQ, Dinnerjacket. Any could and one probably will turn the election on it’s ear. Which ear is anyones guess right now.

Limerick on July 8, 2007 at 7:03 PM

Allah, you need a vaction; you’ve been down in the dumps ever since that Fred Thomposn piece in the LA Times.

This story should have just cheered you up; instead, you find the negative side to it. Surge failing, Republicans bailing and the troops wailing.

Come on Allah; take a break; listen to some music. Come back and when you do bring a photoshop and a new attitude.

sophiesmom on July 8, 2007 at 7:04 PM

“coming Republican electoral implosion”
– Allahpundit

It’s pointless… we can’t win?

Christoph on July 8, 2007 at 6:51 PM

Of course we can win. Of course its not pointless.

Anybody who thinks there’s an ounce of validity to predicting electoral results 17 months before an election hasn’t noticed American history for at least the last 75 years.

A great deal could happen between now and November ’08. The electoral mood could shift. The Democrats could have their own implosion. New candidates could emerge. New issues could arise that might be good or bad for one party or the other. (It seems like five minutes ago that nobody cared much about immigration, for example … )

Or even more likely … unforeseen events could occur. Make that will occur. Guaranteed. And those events that we can’t foresee will impact the elections. A war? New terrorism? Somebody in government actually does something? (It could happen!) Paris Hilton writes a book? Who knows? But the one very safe bet is that shit will happen in the next year and a half. It always does.

Nobody has a clue what happens in ’08. Nobody. The closest anybody can come is – if nothing at all changes, not one thing, things might not look so good for the Republicans.

Anything beyond that is idle speculation. Ask President Howard Dean, the once-upon-a-time clear front runner and future Bush slayer. Cover of Time and Newsweek, and all gone in a single scream. Shit happens.

——————

And now to contradict all of the above, one easy and very safe prediction: Cindy Sheehan never gets elected to anything, anywhere. Which is a crying shame. A Gore/Sheehan ticket would make the end of the world so entertaining.

Professor Blather on July 8, 2007 at 7:07 PM

Limerick on July 8, 2007 at 7:03 PM

What he said. Exactly.

Professor Blather on July 8, 2007 at 7:08 PM

Cindy dear. Please. Just sit down and shut up…like you promised a little over a month ago. Then, find a good psychiatrist, Cindy.

But go away. Just…GO AWAY.

JannyMae on July 8, 2007 at 7:12 PM

Cindy 2008!!!

F15Mech on July 8, 2007 at 7:15 PM

Sorry, Allah, I do not agree with you about a coming “republican electoral implosion”. Which wouldnt shut up moonbats like mama sheehan or olby anyway.

But just like with the “impossible” shamnesty battle, it aint over till its over. You’d be amazed how much hostility there still is to Saint Hillary even among Democrats who find her phony, shrill and annoying.

Bush’s poll numbers are irrelevant; as Rush has said repeatedly, Bush is not going to be on the ballot in ’08. I think we DO have a chance to win at the national level if we can get our act together intime to rally behind Rudy, Mitt, or Fred and push the issue to the swing voters in key seing states.

Dont give up just yet allah…. keep the faith bro, I think we have a decent shot to take down the Hildebeest and prevail.

Always Right on July 8, 2007 at 7:16 PM

William Amos on July 8, 2007 at 6:42 PM

You’re kidding, right? He could be liked by the majority of the country in 10 minutes, and stay popular for the rest of the term. Have a press conference, say that he understands that Americans do not currently trust the gubmint on enforcing the border, and to regain that trust, he’ll get a real wall up ASAP, give the Border Patrol everything they need to do their jobs, and ask Congress to stop all federal funding to sanctuary cities. Presto! – most of the country will LOVE him.

He doesn’t give a rip about being liked. He really does believe in what he’s promoting.

Laura on July 8, 2007 at 7:19 PM

I thought this gerbil went away

Gregor on July 8, 2007 at 6:36 PM

No – she is like those GD Clintons – she will never go away until somebody catches her with a net and commits her to an institution for some psychiatric help.

You would hope that she would take her fifteen minutes of fame (more like fifteen months) and quietly go away but she needs the attention. What a poor, pathetic individual.

OBX Pete on July 8, 2007 at 7:19 PM

Where to I donate?

- The Cat

MirCat on July 8, 2007 at 7:19 PM

And Allah – thanks! I just can’t get enough of that photo of St. Cindy. It makes me smile every time I see it.

Laura on July 8, 2007 at 7:20 PM

Laura on July 8, 2007 at 7:19 PM

Exactly. He slid even more in the polls after that whole amnesty debacle. All he needs to do is enforce the border.

PRCalDude on July 8, 2007 at 7:30 PM

Nancy…….1,259,821
Cindy…….0,000,006

CA is nuts, not crazy.

Limerick on July 8, 2007 at 6:27 PM

I think your nuts to crazy ratio is way off.

Guardian on July 8, 2007 at 7:33 PM

Which unfortunately makes me belief he thinks that most americans support immigration reform. He has bought into the idea that amnesty adds votes to the republicans. And that its in our best interest to allow this.

This is more the case of a special interest (Ag and construction business) pushing the idea that America benefits from amnesty when in reality its just them that do.

William Amos on July 8, 2007 at 7:34 PM

Laura on July 8, 2007 at 7:20 PM

No…please no…not that picture again…that…that face…my eyes…I can’t see…my eyes…aaaarrggghhh….IT BURNS…PICTURE…BURNING…HOLE…THROUGH…SKULL!!!

Liberty or Death on July 8, 2007 at 7:43 PM

It’s pointless… we can’t win?

Well, covering the GOP primary gives us something to do, a way to pass the time.

But Allahpundit is right about the “coming Republican electoral implosion;” in fact, the GOP is probably facing losses on a scale unmatched in our Nation’s history. But that’s not actually the scary part. The scary part is that 2008 may mark the start of a realignment, one that relegates conservatives to the political wilderness.

I myself don’t believe in prayer. But for those of you who do, now is the time for it.

paul006 on July 8, 2007 at 7:50 PM

William Amos on July 8, 2007 at 7:34 PM

The GOP base has been through “thick and thin” with George W. We have put up with a lot. But amnesty was the last straw. I am confident that Karl Rove reads the same polls, same data as Allahpundit.

I just think that W and Rove wanted the Mainstream Media favorite legislation award (“amnesty”) to go to them for once before his final term is up. He wanted to cement his legacy with an award from the MSM, instead of being seen as a failure in Iraq.

By the way, this whole stuff about Scooter Looby? I have not been paying attention so I do not have an opinion one way or the other. But that is true of most of the folks at my place of employment, as well as relatives, friends, etc.

But amnesty for illegal aliens is totally different. People know about that issue because they see it everyday. And for W to treat his base the way he did was very painful to watch.

ColtsFan on July 8, 2007 at 7:51 PM

By the way, this whole stuff about Scooter Looby?

Sorry for the wrong spelling.

If the W administration was not so lame and weak in its timid and fearful response to the Democrats on the Libby pardon (as well as the attorney general probe), this would not even be an issue at all.

The Democrats know we do not have a bull-dog in the WH.

ColtsFan on July 8, 2007 at 7:56 PM

I’m certaintly no fan of Pelosi’s but she would crush this skank under her heel and should do so quickly.

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on July 8, 2007 at 8:04 PM

While buttnuts like Sheehan and RoFat are annoying, I find them useful to the right side of the political aisle. Letting the likes of those two rant is the best way for them to destroy what passes for their credibility, with the chance they’ll take another piece of the Left with them. Some will back St. Cindy but most will distance themselves, letting the Dems basically consume themselves some more. I’m sure St. Cindy has not forgotten being thrown under the bus, and this attention-grab calling for impeachment is a little payback, however inadvertent.

How many leftie groups have come up against each other, like the short flap a few years ago from civil-rights types claiming feminists hijacked the civil rights movement? I see this thing as another episode in that endless soap opera of ‘Gimme’. Inevitably, lefties will devour each other.

I, for one, enjoy the show. The Left has been on the wrong side of history and every important issue for decades. All Republicans have to do is win elections, and leave the libs to their political cannibalism.

If we want something done about the Left, let them do it for us.

Liam on July 8, 2007 at 8:13 PM

Disheartening story about the outposts in Baghdad not working. What I have not understood is why our troops fight the militias yet we don’t target the leaders. Why aren’t we firing missiles from gunships into their homes and offices like the Isrealis? Kill the leaders and as soon as a new one steps forward you kill him also. If Maliki doesn’t like it tell him he’s going to be walking point on patrol through Sunni neighborhoods until he changes his tune. This is a fight to the death and we seem to not want to kill anyone.

peacenprosperity on July 8, 2007 at 8:21 PM

I’m not sure who is the most repulsive . . . this idiot or the fools that listen to her trash.

rplat on July 8, 2007 at 8:22 PM

And while we are at it, after we kill the militia leaders, take their families to the Iranian border and tell them to start walking.

peacenprosperity on July 8, 2007 at 8:23 PM

Is she moving to San Francisco?

I hadn’t heard.

Bob's Kid on July 8, 2007 at 8:25 PM

As crazy as it sounds I really wish the Democrats would file articles of impeachment so they have to finally articulate what crimes they think were committed and show some evidence.

As it is all we get is rhetoric about how Cheney and Bush are criminals of the worst sort, deserving impeachment and even incarceration, but never anything to back that empty rhetoric.

I can see it now

Article 1-Bush has low poll numbers

Article 2-We couldn’t beat him in an election

Article 3-We don’t like him or Cheney

Article 4-Whaaaaaaa…

RW_theoriginal on July 8, 2007 at 8:28 PM

Shot on the 4th of July
Airman Schrieken lies in the hospital in critical condition after being shot point blank by a man who then shot himself. The man reportedly left behind notes stating he hated the government and wanted to make a statement.
He dry-gulched an unsuspecting off-duty member of the US military to “make a statement.”

What does Cindy Sheehan have to say about that henious act? Just keep her away from the wounded airman’s family.

Meanwhile, DRUDGE is running as headline a stupid gossip piece about a TV talking head who no one watches.

naliaka on July 8, 2007 at 8:28 PM

From the latest approval ratings of Congress, 14%, I think Americans want an entirely new set of people running the country. I couldn’t agree more. Our Congress is filled with political elitists who are either completely incompetent, bought off, or inattentive.

Seixon on July 8, 2007 at 8:35 PM

She is the chosen one, I hope she wins!
She is the true face of the democrat party.

TheSitRep on July 8, 2007 at 8:39 PM

Pelosi is the face I’m pulling for!

SouthernGent on July 8, 2007 at 8:54 PM

RW_theoriginal – I sort of agree – I’d love to finally have them be forced to public commit to the wild conspiracy theories… except for one thing. The media would put all its energy into making sure the public believed the lies. And the blogosphere is not yet in a position to refute it to the general public. Give it a few more years and maybe…

Laura on July 8, 2007 at 9:14 PM

Considering that the voters of the US are prepared to elect Hilliary in ’08 as president it deserves to have St.Cindy in the House of Reps….sometimes it just has to get so bad for people to finally wake up and having Hill and Cindy in charge of their lives for 4 years should do it….but man is it going to be bad!!

mlong on July 8, 2007 at 9:38 PM

From, “I’m taking my ball and going home… hmph!”

To, “Nancy Pelosi has two weeks to impeach or I’ma gonna take ‘er job… derka derrr!”

In less than 40 days. She’s touched in the head.

TwoWeeks!

SilverStar830 on July 8, 2007 at 9:44 PM

So I’m guessing that whole “mending fractured relationships with my family” thing didn’t work out for her.

PowWow on July 8, 2007 at 9:44 PM

I really want to see those debates!

Is she moving to San Francisco? I hadn’t heard.
Bob’s Kid on July 8, 2007 at 8:25 PM

I just read that CA doesn’t have a district residency requirement, so she doesn’t have to move from her secure undisclosed location near Sacramento.

eeyore on July 8, 2007 at 9:45 PM

I really want to see those debates!

As defensive as the dems are on debates Im sure the only vvenue that Cindy would feel safe on is olberninny.

Either that or she would be address as

Congressionalattentionseekingwhore if she were asked a question

William Amos on July 8, 2007 at 9:52 PM

Ahhhh, Cindy al-Sheehan, attention whore extraordinaire.

csdeven on July 8, 2007 at 10:00 PM

… the troop drawdown will be well under way by the time the election finally rolls around next year.

You think they will let it take that long? Allah the Optimist Pundit, eh?

I bet when the decision is made to leave Iraq (and Bush’s last shard of credibility is obliterated) then the Masters of the Universe will demand a withdrawal ASAP. When they decide to go they will want to go sooner rather than drag it out 18 months, all other considerations be damned. The Dems are hocking themselves to the left in order to mobilize their peeps for the pullout. The left is not going to sit by while the withdrawal takes that long.

Personally, though I know it’s coming I haven’t yet reconciled myself with our coming fate. It’s hard for me to get my mind around a) that all that we’ve done will be undone and b) the coming catastrophe. Nevertheless, the big pullout is coming. What we are arguing about now is the speed and size. Gulp. Yeah, it sucks.

Thomas the Wraith on July 8, 2007 at 10:20 PM

You know, I thought perhaps if Pelosi didn’t go for impeachment, Sheehan might actually beat her. (Although I think somebody will initiate impeachment, over Pelosi’s objections, and she will then demure, saying “I just can’t stop the will of the people…”)

But what will happen in the election if Sheehan runs: pork will trump politics – SanFranNan will prove she’s influential enough to bring home the bacon!

eeyore on July 8, 2007 at 10:26 PM

Seixon on July 8, 2007 at 8:35 PM

Fully agree. If only many others would see as clearly. I’ve had it with the entire lot, especially those who’ve taken for granted being there.

Entelechy on July 8, 2007 at 10:31 PM

Laura,

I think that most of the “impeach now” crowd is in the lefty blogosphere and if articles were filed then everyday Americans would take notice. It would be awfully hard for even the antique media to make them believe the lies when they were actually looking at the lack of any credible reason for impeachment and the complete lack of evidence.

RW_theoriginal on July 8, 2007 at 10:33 PM

eeyore on July 8, 2007 at 10:26 PM

Of course – impeachment and the pullout simultaneously. Defeating Bush on every front. Perhaps Pelosi can derail the impeachment as the price for speeding up the pullout.

I’m no expert on military matter so I’ll ask those who know more than I do: what’s the minimum amount of time the Pentagon needs to pullout ALL the troops? Or at least enough so that the left will accept it as a complete pullout? Whatever it is I bet the Dems will give them exactly that, plus a day or two (cause they’re realistic and generous people, y’know).

Thomas the Wraith on July 8, 2007 at 10:47 PM

the coming Republican electoral implosion

Dewey Wins!

jaime on July 8, 2007 at 10:55 PM

eeyore,

Where have you been?

PRCalDude on July 8, 2007 at 11:06 PM

Isn’t this a little like Twinkie Gut Moore going “Deliver on your promises or we’ll fight you harder than we did the Republicans?”

Either one of two things can happen.

A) Pelosi can call Sheehan’s bluff and not let herself be pushed around. The moonbats will finally see that they don’t possess control of the Democratic Party.

or

B) Pelosi can cave in to Sheehan and complete the process of making the Democratic Party look like the student population at Berkeley.

Ryan Gandy on July 8, 2007 at 11:12 PM

I am from the Midwest, which I’m sure colors my views on the matter just a bit, but…

I don’t think Nancy Pelosi is a woman underneath the skirt and padded bra. She is a political force-of-nature, who is destined to retire on a fat government paycheck because it has been preordained by whatever God it is that the liberals really worship.

Mother Sheehan is a joke. A sick joke that’s hardly funny the first time you hear it, let alone the hundredth. I would go so far as to say she will have virtually no impact on Pelosi’s chance for reelection at all.

gryphon202 on July 8, 2007 at 11:20 PM

Personally I hope the San Francisco nutter base splits between Sheehan and Pelosi allowing a Republican to win a plurality.

Pure fantasy I know, even split 50/50 that only leaves 20% for a Republican candidate in San Fran Freako.

BKennedy on July 9, 2007 at 12:18 AM

Call me overly optimistic, but I simply refuse to automatically concede that 2008 is theirs.

Hawkins1701 on July 9, 2007 at 12:37 AM

Now that is ewishful thinking Allah. Olby is a whining douchebag who will always find fault with anything that isn’t an irrelevant far-left speck like he is. Olby is the powerless version of Pelosi and Reid, they want to talk about their mighty liberal mandate but when they fail, they want to whine and complain and moan like they’re still in the minority.

The laws of economics dictate that as long as there is a demand for whiny, blameshifting liberal douchebags, there will be a supply. I have no reason to believe President Hillary or President Obama will change that.

BKennedy on July 9, 2007 at 12:46 AM

It’s pointless… we can’t win?

Christoph on July 8, 2007 at 6:51 PM

I agree with AP regarding the importance of destroying complacency and showing people the dangerous future. Heaping scorn has great practical value in such work; however, I don’t try to elicit hopelessness. Rather than try to make a display of superiority by demoralizing people, I try to make a display of superiority by de-moralizing them. For the living, a way is always available in which to attempt to go forward: loyal or disloyal; lawful or lawless; political, familial, or political-philosophic. It was after Socrates had been poisoned that Plato wrote his dialogues; Machiavelli wrote the Prince and the Discourses after the Florentine Republic and he himself had both met ruin. As for us, you must find some terrible path through your circumstances, and you must succeed; if you don’t, you won’t like me when I become an imam.

Kralizec on July 9, 2007 at 1:27 AM

It’s astonishing to think I’d actually be rooting for Pelosi in an election… whodathunkit?

D2Boston on July 9, 2007 at 1:27 AM

Pelosi is the face I’m pulling for!

SouthernGent on July 8, 2007 at 8:54 PM

Hasn’t that face been pulled enough?

Freelancer on July 9, 2007 at 1:35 AM

U.S. troops warning that the new counterinsurgency strategy may be backfiring

What a shock huh? We’ve got the Democrats promising to surrender, and the enemy reacts by stepping up attacks? Who’d have thought, after years of exactly that happening! Again, it’s sad what happened to this war… I maintain that we’d have already drawn down troops substantially if the Dems didn’t decide to politicize the war 6 months in (after spending 13 years making the case for it). When a group lives and dies by whether or not they can prove they can defeat the great satan, and then recruit more based on that victory, and the Democrats promise to hand them the victory if they hold out just a little longer, WTF did people think would happen. Again, you can’t do anything because these evil (yes, I mean that word completely) Democrats will undermine it… even if it means looking like a military defeat, even if it means military deaths in vain… just so long as it boosts their election chances. That, and that alone is what this has all been about, and anyone who denies that is either lying or stupid. If there was even an ounce of fairness in the media, the Democratic Party would pretty much be eliminated once the folks saw what’s been going on.

RightWinged on July 9, 2007 at 4:02 AM

krabbas on July 8, 2007 at 6:39 PM

uh, #2 pastime after girlie magazines.

Alden Pyle on July 9, 2007 at 7:15 AM

I think the real tragedy in all this is that it is so blatantly obvious that Cindy Sheehan is in serious, and I mean SERIOUS need of psychological help, but it is moonbats like the idiots that post their vistrolic blatherings on left-wing loon sites like The Huffing(and Puffing)ton Post and Daily Kos-And-Lack-Of-Effect that are fueling her on to making herself even more of a national and perhaps even an international laughingstock than she already is right now. The lady has got to have family members that should have the power of attorney or something to step in at this point and get her into a hospital or counselling. I’m afraid that sooner or later, Cindy Sheehan is going to snap and end up hurting herself physically, and regardless of whether they stand on the right or the left, I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

pilamaye on July 9, 2007 at 7:23 AM

Sheehag is still the nobody she always was.

lynnv on July 9, 2007 at 7:48 AM

D2Boston on July 9, 2007 at 1:27 AM

Sheehan would be better – the gift to the Republicans that keeps on giving.

Laura on July 9, 2007 at 7:58 AM

The left has never had any qualms about exploiting people to achieve political goals.

The homosexual crowd is constantly dragging out the personal suffering of their friends with AIDS who have died.

Shehag is obviously suffering from severe depression and the left have used her personal suffering.

Tawana Brawley, regardless of the truth of the matter, was dragged around the media by the left with feces all over her face.

All these people were obviously suffering from very private health issues, but the left, the arbiter of true compassion, will go to any lengths to propogate their agendas.

Sickening.

csdeven on July 9, 2007 at 8:07 AM

Jaibones on July 9, 2007 at 10:17 AM

You know, every now and then I get alarmed when it seems to me that the right is mirroring the dumbest tendencies of the left, and I’m afraid this might be an example of that.

Like it or not, and I don’t, I think we’re stuck with goons like Olberdouche and Mother MEEEEE!han for the foreseeable future. I base that on the fact that, after every election, some clueless segment of the left squeels that Limbaugh will now finally go away. If Republicans win, Limbaugh goes away because there’s no need for him anymore, but if Republicans lose, then Limbaugh goes away because conservatism has been dispatched.

Limbaugh, if I may remind everyone, is still going strong after almost twenty years as a national host and has already weathered each of the scenarios I outlined above. Limbaugh’s not going anywhere in our lifetime unless he chooses to go. Thank God for that, by the way!

Given that, and especially given how crazy the left has become, how crazy Olberdouche is, and how crazy his appeal is, I don’t think there is any real life scenario that drives him off. Best to acknowledge that early, I think.

Kensington on July 9, 2007 at 10:53 AM