Florida mayor’s solution to sex in public restrooms? Robo-toilets

posted at 8:25 pm on July 8, 2007 by Allahpundit

Too stupid not to post. The problem doesn’t exist, the cops insist, but darned if the mayor’s not going to solve it anyway. His solution? Having the doors open automatically after a set period, regardless of whether you’re still in there “dropping the kids off at the pool.”

It’s all part of his master “No Matter How Bad You Have to Go, Don’t Use the Robo-toilet” public initiative:

Fort Lauderdale Mayor Jim Naugle says his city has a problem with “homosexual activity” in public restrooms and he has a plan to stop it – robotic toilets that allow occupants to stay inside for only a short time before the door automatically opens…

Fort Lauderdale police officials said male sex in public restrooms is no longer a problem, but Naugle insists the practice persists and has used recent public meetings and e-mails to constituents to raise the issue…

Naugle said the proposed location for the city’s first experimental unit is “the rainbow parking lot” at a local beach considered by some to be the area’s “gay beach.”

“The homosexual newspaper said it’s the ‘gay parking lot.’ That’s not me saying that,” Naugle told the Sun-Sentinel, “that’s what they said. I don’t use the word ‘gay.’ I use the word ‘homosexual.’ Most of them aren’t gay. They’re unhappy.”

The obvious solution here is to wait for Robo-toilet 2.0, with sensors built right into the bowl to ensure it’s being used for its proper purpose. There’s your next project, Steve Jobs! In the meantime, your exit question: How much time should Robo-toilet allot?

Comments

Glad you made this “commentable”…

How much time should Robo-toilet allot for each customer?

Well, I’ve been known to take as long sittin’ on the loo as I have…umm…in the bedroom….

JetBoy on July 8, 2007 at 8:33 PM

Bwaaahaaa

your exit question: How much time should Robo-toilet allot?

If it ain’t happening in 15 minutes, it ain’t gonna happen.

Guardian on July 8, 2007 at 8:35 PM

I wonder if the robo-doors are stronger than a good clamp or two. Somehow I doubt it.

FloatingRock on July 8, 2007 at 8:35 PM

I refuse to comment on this topic.
Dooh!

TheSitRep on July 8, 2007 at 8:35 PM

Yeah, that’s the whole problem. The idea is premised upon there being some sort of common, reliable interval between the amount of time it takes to do one act versus the time it takes to do another.

Which is sort of variable, isn’t it?

Allahpundit on July 8, 2007 at 8:37 PM

Is that the best you could come up with? I feel let down with that analogy.

lorien1973 on July 8, 2007 at 8:38 PM

I don’t know if there is a problem there at those restrooms or not, but this sort of thing DOES happen trust this gay guy. I’m not sure if a robotoilet is the answer because sometimes it takes a while for the “children to undo their seat belts and get out of the van so they can swim in the pool”!!!

SouthernGent on July 8, 2007 at 8:38 PM

Moral of this story ? never let Allah go into a bathroom with an I-phone ?

Hey just watch the movie “transformers” !

William Amos on July 8, 2007 at 8:39 PM

If it ain’t happening in 15 minutes, it ain’t gonna happen.

Guardian on July 8, 2007 at 8:35 PM

LOL If it don’t happen in 15 minutes you got problems.

boomer on July 8, 2007 at 8:42 PM

I’ve been to Ft. Lauderdale, and I can tell you, you can’t find a bathroom without male on male action in at least one stall. The people of Ft. Lauderdale have frankly had enough, and they elected this man to stop this freaky deeky gay mess in the public’s restrooms! WHO DOES NUMBER 2 WORK FOR?

krabbas on July 8, 2007 at 8:42 PM

If I knew the door was about to fling open…it’d take me about no time flat.

TexasDan on July 8, 2007 at 8:42 PM

Whatever happened to “don’t ask, don’t tell”?

and

Will the new catchphrase be “coming out of the stall”?

Tennessee Dave on July 8, 2007 at 8:43 PM

I don’t know, I’ve taken longer to rid myself of excrement than I have of semen…

laissezfaire138 on July 8, 2007 at 8:44 PM

One more thing:

If I’m going to have to pay to use the facilities, I certainly don’t want to be on a “time limit”. What happens anyway, the toilet goes back into that wall when the door opens?

The forces of nature cannot be on the clock…what’s next, surveilance camera’s in there? *voice appears on speaker* “Hey!, You guys there….cut that out!”

JetBoy on July 8, 2007 at 8:45 PM

Fort Lauderdale police officials said male sex in public restrooms is no longer a problem, but Naugle insists the practice persists [...]

The combination of these magical insights and his apparent obsession with all things ga..,er, homosexual makes me think that perhaps the mayor doth protest too much.

Also, I know what a gay beach is, but what the hell is a “rainbow parking lot”? How do gays park their cars differently?

tad on July 8, 2007 at 8:47 PM

how about the firefighters just spray the bathroom with a hose?

btw why isn’t the mayor being called a gay-basher or homophobe yet?

Defector01 on July 8, 2007 at 8:50 PM

Someone’s been watching too many Japanese gameshows on youtube.

- The Cat

MirCat on July 8, 2007 at 8:56 PM

Wipe me, Robo!

Dusty on July 8, 2007 at 8:57 PM

btw why isn’t the mayor being called a gay-basher or homophobe yet?

Defector01 on July 8, 2007 at 8:50 PM

Because Broward County is infested with moonbats. Fort Lauderdale has be right behind San Francisco with its loony tunes.

synycalwon on July 8, 2007 at 9:02 PM

Is that the best you could come up with? I feel let down with that analogy.
lorien1973 on July 8, 2007 at 8:38 PM

I agree, weak!
“Baking brownies” perhaps?

Exit question: 5 minutes

SouthernDem on July 8, 2007 at 9:03 PM

LOL If it don’t happen in 15 minutes you got problems.

boomer

But if it lasts more then four hours, please seek a doctor

Defector01 on July 8, 2007 at 9:09 PM

I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that the mayor is a liberal. The conservative solution would be increased law enforcement and if that’s not enough, uh, stiffer penalties.

FloatingRock on July 8, 2007 at 9:11 PM

Re exit question: there lies the problem. For someone “dropping off the kids” it will probably involve more time than what is normally an anonymous tryst with few pleasantries and little seduction involved. Perhaps weight sensors or wall sensors… LOL who knows, give me time and I’ll invent a federal program to fix it.

Bradky on July 8, 2007 at 9:17 PM

Which is sort of variable, isn’t it?

Allahpundit on July 8, 2007 at 8:37 PM

Indeed. Not to be graphic, but I’ve had quickies last well under four or five minutes … but with a good book and a bellyful of burritos, I’ve enjoyed leisurely squats on the throne that have lasted half an hour. Until the legs go numb, which is always a good sign of a good s@#%t.

That city is so going to get sued the first time someone is “traumatized” by being interrupted mid-poop.

I just wanted to type “mid-poop.” Carry on.

Professor Blather on July 8, 2007 at 9:22 PM

Great lawsuit waitin’ to happen – Someone taking a little extra time on a good ole #2, door swings open, smashes occupant.

The city might get out of it for only 4(?), 5(?), 20(?) times what the total cost of the installations were for the entire city. (Plus the cost of getting rid of all of them after the judgement.)

eeyore on July 8, 2007 at 9:26 PM

Is that the best you could come up with? I feel let down with that analogy.
lorien1973 on July 8, 2007 at 8:38 PM

Taking the Browns to the Superbowl….ya that sounds better!

df4jc on July 8, 2007 at 9:27 PM

If the cops say it’s not a problem, why does the mayor insist it is?
Does he know first hand?…

harrison on July 8, 2007 at 9:28 PM

Professor Blather on July 8, 2007 at 9:22 PM

Thanks for saying it. I couldn’t figure out how to phrase it, but in a thread about a bathroom…a robotic one at that (AP has something for these robot threads)…it’s gonna be one big “content warning”.

JetBoy on July 8, 2007 at 9:30 PM

There’s your next project, Steve Jobs!

The iToilet?

infidel4life on July 8, 2007 at 9:31 PM

I doubt this mayor is liberal. If he was a liberal he would be installing condom dispensers in the stalls. What is more disgusting is that most of those men doing it in the stalls, do it because they can’t bring their friend home, you know, because of the wife and kids.

jihadwatcher on July 8, 2007 at 9:33 PM

Is that the best you could come up with? I feel let down with that analogy.
lorien1973 on July 8, 2007 at 8:38 PM

How about “dropping wolf bait” or “dropping a line to headquarters” or “laying cable” or “pinching a loaf”? Enough poop metaphors yet? :-D

crushliberalism on July 8, 2007 at 9:33 PM

Having grown up in Ft. Lauderdale, I’m glad I got my family out of there years ago. It’s been a sodomite magnet for decades.

oldleprechaun on July 8, 2007 at 9:33 PM

Um…how would he know?

crushliberalism on July 8, 2007 at 9:34 PM

The time it takes to burn a mule varies depending on the amount of hot-sauce consumed.

bbz123 on July 8, 2007 at 9:35 PM

Hmm..

I dunno, but I’m thinking that this article deserves the Humping Robot. I mean come on. We have sex, we have robots, we have bathrooms. It’s humping robot time baby!

wearyman on July 8, 2007 at 9:41 PM

ED-209 photo?

Impressive.

I’d do what he says, Mr. Kenney.

see-dubya on July 8, 2007 at 9:45 PM

Isn’t that impinging on the constitutional right to freely orate?

SilverStar830 on July 8, 2007 at 9:48 PM

There’s your next project, Steve Jobs!

The iToilet?

It will be part of the upcoming new all-encompassing iProduct consolidation.

SilverStar830 on July 8, 2007 at 9:51 PM

YUCK. JUST YUCK.

mimi1220 on July 8, 2007 at 9:59 PM

The ones in Seattle aren’t working out so well.

But these days, local businesses say the toilets have only made things worse. Not only have they become a haven for drug dealers and prostitutes…

It (Seattle Public Utilities) also plans to pass a rule barring more than one person from being inside a toilet at the same time…

“It’s a joke. There’s drug use going on in there, prostitution. … How do I know? You see two people going in there. What do you think they’re doing?”

rw on July 8, 2007 at 10:00 PM

Did they retrofit this from the city’s red light camera? If it is it causes accidents :-P

StuLongIsland on July 8, 2007 at 10:02 PM

exit question: How much time should Robo-toilet allot?

69 seconds.

csdeven on July 8, 2007 at 10:03 PM

This will not help my pee-shyness at all!

Mazztek on July 8, 2007 at 10:06 PM

This is in Florida?

Feeding the hungry alligator.

brewt on July 8, 2007 at 10:19 PM

So, will there be an alarm warning you if the last person forgot to flush? Heck for 250k it had better have a new seat on it each time.

boomer on July 8, 2007 at 10:22 PM

This is in Florida?

Feeding the hungry alligator.

brewt on July 8, 2007 at 10:19 PM

Yes! Florida metaphors are helpful.

Spotting manatees.
releasing the turtles.
Freeing Fudgey the whale.

lorien1973 on July 8, 2007 at 10:28 PM

If the cops say it’s not a problem, why does the mayor insist it is?
Does he know first hand?…

Maybe, the cops don’t think it’s a problem because they’re all gays too.

krabbas on July 8, 2007 at 10:31 PM

re: Exit question:
After twenty minutes, everything’s either gone for good, or there to stay.
Response question: What is the Robo-let’s policy on courtesy flushes?

Spc Steve on July 8, 2007 at 10:34 PM

Wouldn’t it be easier/cheaper/saner to hire a cop to routinely keep an eye on the “foot traffic”?

profitsbeard on July 8, 2007 at 10:40 PM

A wise man once said, “If you can’t s**t, get off the toilet.” With that in mind, I’d say, 3 minutes. Plus, they should have an automatic “robo-TP” dispenser–one square per customer. I think that is the only reasonable thing to do to stop gay sex, and to help our planet! (note sarcasm)

p40tiger on July 8, 2007 at 10:54 PM

What about all those people playing their cellphone games in the john?

And what about when the door opens? They just close it again.

AlexB on July 8, 2007 at 10:57 PM

Yeah I’m sure there are some whiny liberal groups that are going to call this an “invasion of privacy” and sue for the time allotment to be increased to 3 hours.

Ryan Gandy on July 8, 2007 at 11:02 PM

As long as when the door slams open a speaker squaks ‘Lookie what I found!’

Limerick on July 8, 2007 at 11:09 PM

…as a mother of young children, reading this story almost made me throw up in my mouth. Gay sex in public restrooms is that common?

jjjen on July 8, 2007 at 11:20 PM

Good to see the local government focusing on the important matters.

And seriously, robo-johns? The mechanism to open the stupid door hinge would be smashed up in days anyway. What a dumbass.

Bad Candy on July 8, 2007 at 11:21 PM

jjjen on July 8, 2007 at 11:20 PM

As a former prosecutor, let me say yes; particularly at rest areas along the interstate especially in the evenings and at bathrooms at parks. Men are arrested lingering in the stalls making physical contact upon an undercover policemen, men hanging out around the restroom, and sitting for long periods of time in their car near the restroom area. But please don’t assume that every man sitting in his car at a park is up to no good; but many are.

Children should always be accompanied by an adult male. Evidence of a bathroom being a place of sexual activity is sexual graffitti on the side walls of the stalls and some stalls have what is called “glory holes” which are holes cut in the stall wall for the penis to put through the hole for oral AND anal sex. Also another sign of sexual activity is a stall wall that might have smaller holes for a person to spy on the other person.

We’ve had where I live a number of men arrested for engaging or attempting to engage in sexual activity at a county park restroom. This park is a family park where families and their children go to play, picnic, and enjoy the lake. Many of the men arrested are married.

FLLaw33870 on July 9, 2007 at 12:09 AM

By the way there are books that homosexuals can buy that lists all the cruisy bathrooms in parks, areas in the woods of the park, shopping malls, and truckstops for sex. They are “guides” to sex telling all the best “glory holes”. Some guides even detail law enforcement activity and give a risk assessment of the possibility of being arrested. They give “clues” in what to look for. There are also guides online for where to find sex on the road or park and the latest law enforcement activity. The guides (books and online) also lists gay bars and gay bath houses.

FLLaw33870 on July 9, 2007 at 12:18 AM

FLLaw33870 on July 9, 2007 at 12:18 AM

You’re kidding, right?

If not, it would appear I have yet more proof that it is no longer possibly to parody reality, everything has already been done.

BKennedy on July 9, 2007 at 12:43 AM

I know Naugle. He’s a good conservative, but a registered Democrat. He’s a pretty shrewd guy, but sometimes his concepts when taken out of context of his larger ideals seem a bit quirky and odd. Heck, he’s consistently worked on the presidential campaigns of Republican candidates for as long as I can remember. But he keeps getting re-elected. There’s a method to his madness, so when he does stuff like this, I just chalk it up to his being smarter than I am about his constituents.

What do you have when you combine Ft. Lauderdale’s becoming a gay magnet; Wilton Manors, a formerly sleepy incorporated village surrounded by the city proper, electing a majority gay commission; and, add to it the multicultural throngs moving from the south? You have a recipe for making modern-day American refugees of thousand upon thousands of sensible families who don’t want the kids exposed to it all.

I look through my mid-1970′s high school yearbooks and have a hard time finding people I know that still live there. Most of us have evacuated. When I went back home a couple years back and saw that the old Shrine Club had become GLBT event hall, I knew that getting my family out of there was the right move.

Now, if Naugle had suggested that the toilets be rigged to explode if someone is in there for too long, I might think he was a bit too far over the top. And then again, maybe not…

kdaddy on July 9, 2007 at 12:46 AM

FFLaw….
I don’t doubt your experience as a prosecutor. Coming from a family of cops I have heared it all. But I gotta say that in my _____years (Truman) I have never once been suspicious of any “going on’s” in mens rooms. Maybe I’m nieve, or just lucky. So jjjen don’t get too freaked out.

Limerick on July 9, 2007 at 12:50 AM

Did someone say iToilet?

CrazyFool on July 9, 2007 at 12:55 AM

How about in addition to a Men’s room and a Women’s roon, an Other Room. What goes on in Other is none of my concern. There could even be a toilet and sink in there for all I care. People who are offended by any aspect of normal behavior could use it without fear of heterosexual oppression.

pedestrian on July 9, 2007 at 1:27 AM

Enough poop metaphors yet? :-D

crushliberalism on July 8, 2007 at 9:33 PM

In the Navy enlisted ranks it was “launching an officer out to sea”. Well, the junior enlisted would say “launching a chief”.

Freelancer on July 9, 2007 at 1:47 AM

I used one of these in Ireland, it was pretty sweet

libertytexan on July 9, 2007 at 2:08 AM

I’m also a former prosecutor in LA. Everything FLLaw said was true. Public sex in public bathrooms in parks, beaches and malls has always been a big problem.

Blake on July 9, 2007 at 4:02 AM

FFLaw….

Limerick on July 9, 2007 at 12:50 AM

Well your naivety or lack of “worldliness” is not per se a bad thing. Sometimes you have to really be looking for it to see it. It can at times be like a second dimension, perhaps a parallel world in the “Twilight Zone”.

jjjen is probably freaked and should be to the point of having knowledge of what can be going on in the restroom (men’s), but sadly the kids are probably “safer” in the public restroom than they are in the public school with all the predator teachers, including the rise in numbers or rise in reporting thereof of women teachers, who are having sex with their students. Thanks to President Bill Clinton oral sex is reportedly rampant in public schools. Back in my days (1960′s to late 1970′s)in school, kids went behind the school or in the bathroom to chew tobacco, rub snuff (powdered tobacco, and/or smoke. Now the kids go back behind the school, or in the school restroom, or even on the school bus to engage in oral sex…when not doing it after school with the teacher. Then we were spitting or sswallowing tobacco juice; today it appears they are spitting or swallowing quite something different. See Study: Half of All Teens Have Had Oral Sex . The report released yesterday (September 15, 2005) by the National Center for Health Statistics shows that the proportion increases with age to about 70 percent of all 18- and 19-year-olds. Perhaps the increase in the number of kids having sexual intercourse can be attributed to President Clinton by his participation in the act, which became public, and Clinton excused it by saying that oral sex is not sex.

FLLaw33870 on July 9, 2007 at 7:13 AM

Correction to above post:

Perhaps the increase in the number of kids having sexual intercourse oral sex can be attributed to President Clinton by his participation in the act, which became public, and Clinton excused it by saying that oral sex is not sex.

FLLaw33870 on July 9, 2007 at 7:15 AM

Now I’ve got jjjen really freaked!

But seriously, if I had children of school age, I would seriously consider a private Christian school or home schooling. As a dad I could supervise my children (boys) when they go to a men’s public restroom, but I would really have no way to supervise them when they go off to the pubic restroom school. In a public school situation, I can’t fully control what my kids are being taught. See ‘Have sex, do drugs,’ speaker tells students
‘Men with men, women and women, whatever combination you would like’
which was held at Boulder High School and was mandatory to attend.

FLLaw33870 on July 9, 2007 at 7:26 AM

Ah…but don’t worry once Sharia law is implemented the “problem” will take care of itself.

That is why I never understood why the LEFT would bend over backwards (pun intended) to promote Islam in the schools, i.e. with reading of the Quran and having kids dress up for Ramadan. The ACLU even supports such “cultural” events.

Yet try to read the Bible in school or get the gets to dress up in “Christian” garb for Easter or Christmas, then you got a major lawsuit on your hands by the ACLU and school officials threatening expulsion!

FLLaw33870 on July 9, 2007 at 7:31 AM

I am truly shocked!

I thought someone in CALIFORNIA would have dreamed this one up first!

pilamaye on July 9, 2007 at 7:37 AM

particularly at rest areas along the interstate

My sleepy little midwestern town had a reputed problem with this. And sure enough, my eighth grade phys ed and social sciences teacher got fired after being busted with another guy in a public restroom at – you guessed – a public rest area along the side of I-75.

Look, straight, gay, freaky-deaky, I don’t care what you do in your private lives. But have you really never heard the phrase “get a freakin’ room!?”

Call me a hopeless romantic, but I sort of like clean sheets and a clean room. I wouldn’t have sex in a rest area bathroom with Jessica Alba.

(He’s lying. Yes he would. But he’d feel dirty afterwards.)

Professor Blather on July 9, 2007 at 7:46 AM

Call me a hopeless romantic, but I sort of like clean sheets and a clean room.
Professor Blather on July 9, 2007 at 7:46 AM

I wouldn’t recommend watching those specials about “How clean are your hotel/motel rooms?”

Suffice it to say it makes one almost wish they could cart along their personal camper attachment wherever they go.

Bradky on July 9, 2007 at 7:56 AM

I am truly shocked!

I thought someone in CALIFORNIA would have dreamed this one up first!

pilamaye on July 9, 2007 at 7:37 AM

Well on another site where I was posting on the subject which dealt with Roy Pearson, Jr., an administrative judge, who had sued the Chungs (dry cleaners) over his pants asking for 64 million dollars. Someone apparently did not like one or more of my posts, so they commented as follows:

FL Lawyer, you’re just repeating what we already know. Do us a favor and keep your practice in America’s wang.

Posted by: MD/DC/VA | July 6, 2007 10:29 PM

At first I wasn’t sure what (s)he meant until I confirmed in the dictionary what I thought wang meant as a slang word!

So with Florida looking (using a little imagination)like “America’s wang“, perhaps it is fitting such story should arise (no pun intended) or “dreamt” up first in Florida ahead of California.

FLLaw33870 on July 9, 2007 at 7:58 AM

Public parks are another fun place you run into that. When I took my son out for his driving lessons we went to one of the parks so he could practice changing gears and the basics. Big mistake. Who would have thought 20 or so guys would be hanging out in their cars on a Sunday morning. It was so obvious what was going on….. Ick!

Bradky on July 9, 2007 at 7:59 AM

Bradky on July 9, 2007 at 7:56 AM

True there is almost just as much “body fluid” there on the bed coverings as there is in the backroom video booths of an adult bookstore.

Once when I was young, poor at the time, and travelling late, I stopped at a hotel in a bad part of Baltimore. The hotel room had indoor/outdoor carpet. The whole floor was so sticky I never took my shoes off and slept with my shoes on.

You haven’t lived until you’ve walked on carpet that was more like fly paper than carpet. Although this was my first and only one night stay in Baltimore as I was driving through the area, it wasn’t hard for me to figure out why the hotel floor was “sticky”. Thank God I wasn’t a woman for if I had been, I would have had to take a pregnancy test.

FLLaw33870 on July 9, 2007 at 8:11 AM

I now recommend we change all references to taking a dump to “conversing with a liberal.”

It’s basically the same thing, with the less enjoyable bean burrito and indian cuisine style one’s being closer to the analogy.

That Florida scenario sounds even more disturbing when you realize a large portion of Florida’s population is senior citizens.

BKennedy on July 9, 2007 at 8:37 AM

69 seconds.

csdeven on July 8, 2007 at 10:03 PM

The correct format for answering the exit question is this:

“You have 69 seconds to comply.”

James on July 9, 2007 at 8:45 AM

BKennedy on July 9, 2007 at 8:37 AM

I hope you are not referring to me as a liberal when you said:

For I note I have been doing a lot of the talking (posting).

I don’t care much for insults this early in the morning.

You further said:

True…so true! Most of the men that I have prosecuted in the past as an Assitant State Attorney or defended as a criminal defense attorney are “old” men of which many are married, some are priests, some are teachers or school officials, and some are Republicans.

FLLaw33870 on July 9, 2007 at 8:46 AM

And boy, now that I took a look at the caption, I sure feel dumb.

James on July 9, 2007 at 8:49 AM

Next step – program robo-toilet to issue only a single square of paper according to Cheryl Crow’s initiative.

Kill 2 birds with one stone and bring about world peace in the process!

Wingo on July 9, 2007 at 9:01 AM

Kill 2 birds with one stone and bring about world peace in the process!

Wingo on July 9, 2007 at 9:01 AM

Hey didn’t you know that the paper on the roll is for the sole purpose of passing notes between the stalls!

Gee…LOL

FLLaw33870 on July 9, 2007 at 9:05 AM

This was so stupid I don’t know wether to laugh or sigh.

But as a side note, this might be a good idea in -high school- bathrooms…

Dark-Star on July 9, 2007 at 9:51 AM

Did someone say iToilet?

CrazyFool on July 9, 2007 at 12:55 AM

Hey CrazyFool thanks for the iToilet link.

It was a very funny and informative web page and a must read.

I looking to buy an iToilet within the near future.

Right now I’m using the Windows Pentium based XPtoilet SP-2. I tried out the Windows VistaUltimatetoilet, but got aggravated with it when it kept asking me OVER & OVER if I was sure I wanted to flush. I also had turned off that feature, but even after that I was not much impressed with the Windows VistaUltimatetoilent. The Windows XPtoilet SP-2 is more reliable, but I still tire of having to keep going back to Microsoft update to patch the XPtoilet; yet it still has leaks.

For extra security, I bought the Windows Toilet Seat Cover Dispenser. With all the viruses out there, it is a must have.

I’ve upgraded the XPtoilet with a SoundBlaster flush card and a Mira flat screen display for Windows mounted to the back of the door..

You can see the WindowsXPtoilet video here.

Like the itoilet which comes only in beige; WidowsXptoilent only comes in white as you will note from the video.

It can be embarrassing to take a call on the WindowsXPtoilet as will note from the video and yes you still get the blue screen of “death” which always happens when I overload it.

FLLaw33870 on July 9, 2007 at 10:03 AM

Did someone say iToilet?

CrazyFool on July 9, 2007 at 12:55 AM

That was a great ad for the itoilet which I may get as my next purchase.

I like the Windows XPtoilet myself! See video.

I tried the Windows VistaUltimatetoilet, but it kept asking me over and over is I was sure I wanted to flush. So I went back to the WindowsXPtoilet.

FLLaw33870 on July 9, 2007 at 10:09 AM

Did someone say iToilet?

CrazyFool on July 9, 2007 at 12:55 AM

That was a great ad for the itoilet which I may get as my next purchase.

I like the Windows XPtoilet myself! See video.

FLLaw33870 on July 9, 2007 at 10:10 AM

Sorry for the triple posts. I did all this work on the first post, then after hitting “Submit Comment” it did not show up even after refresh. So I tried a smaller post and it didn’t show up either. So I tried it one last time. NOW I see they all showed up.

Gee I was getting all “flushed“!

FLLaw33870 on July 9, 2007 at 10:20 AM

I would suggest just pumping some horrible music into the stalls to drive them out… although I’m having trouble coming up with any musical genre that would drive away gay men.

saint kansas on July 9, 2007 at 10:20 AM

Gospel?

CBarker on July 9, 2007 at 10:36 AM

saint kansas on July 9, 2007 at 10:20 AM

Definitely don’t want to play any music by Judy Garland, Bette Midler, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, and/or the Village People for it will be “standing room only” in the stalls. A “friend of Dorothy” extravaganza! FABULOUS!

Speaking of Kansas (Some cut & paste excerpts):

Without doubt, the first celebrity to be famously considered a gay icon was Judy Garland. Gay men of the 1950s and 1960 would use the phrase “friend of Dorothy” taken from her role in the Wizard Of Oz as an undercover password to denote their sexuality. Her film and stage appearances electrified and unified gay audiences while her personal struggles with dugs and multiple husbands (at least one of whom was gay) gave her yet more tragic appeal.

She was probably the most famous of all gay icons, a status she knew about and acknowledged. Her Carnegie Hall concerts in the early 1960s were major meetings of gay men. Her death days before the Stonewall Riots has been cited as part of the reason for intense emotions among the NY gay community in June 1969. According to legend, the famous 1969 riot at New York’s Stonewall Inn broke out on the night of Garland’s funeral. The drag queens were indeed revolting.

Bette Midler’s link to the gay community was more direct – she started her career performing in New York’s gay bath houses, earning her gay-icon immortality and the nickname “Bath House Betty.” Bizarrely, Barry Manilow was her piano player at the time while Midler managed to be funny, camp and entertaining – qualities that would have appealed to the gay community when they weren’t in a cubicle shagging.

Barbra Streisand

Streisand became a nightclub singer while in her teens. She originally wanted to be an actress and appeared in a number of Off-Off-Broadway productions, including one with then-aspiring actress Joan Rivers, but when her boyfriend Barry Dennen helped her create a club act — first performed in a gay bar in Manhattan’s Greenwich Village in 1960 — she achieved success as a singer. It was at this time that she shortened her first name to Barbra to make it more distinctive.

FLLaw33870 on July 9, 2007 at 11:09 AM

I bet the mayor got this idea from watching Japanese game shows…

marc@hubsandspokes on July 9, 2007 at 11:25 AM

Like I said, Japanese game shows

marc@hubsandspokes on July 9, 2007 at 11:36 AM

What a stupid waste of resources. Doesn’t the local gov leaders have anything better to do?

congsan on July 9, 2007 at 11:39 AM

Like I said, Japanese game shows

marc@hubsandspokes on July 9, 2007 at 11:36 AM

If they tried that stunt in America, it would be a major lawsuit.

Well at least I learned something new which I could have lived the rest of my life without learning, and that is:

The “cracks” run in the same direction.

FLLaw33870 on July 9, 2007 at 11:58 AM

They already have this at some public bathrooms in San Francisco….although, the reason they gave there (at least when I asked a local) was that homeless people were falling asleep in the bathrooms because they were warm, so this way the door opens to let the cold air in (or something like that).

Their robo-bathrooms had a button that you could press if you needed more time. I don’t think there was a limit to how often you could press it. I think the thought was that, if you were asleep (or, perhaps, otherwise ‘occupied’) you would not think to press the button to get more time and the door would open on you – whereas, if you were simply going to the bathroom, you’d have no problem remembering to hit the “I need more time” button.

JadeNYU on July 9, 2007 at 12:10 PM

marc@hubsandspokes on July 9, 2007 at 11:36 AM

I can see why so many Japanese are having mental problems these days. I’m sure glad I don’t live there.

FloatingRock on July 9, 2007 at 1:20 PM

FOXNEWS.COM HOME > POLITICS

Gay Rights Group Launches Toilet Paper Campaign Against Florida Mayor
Monday, July 09, 2007

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Mayor Jim Naugle may be getting a lot more paperwork.

Gay rights activists in the state have launched a drive to engulf the Fort Lauderdale mayor with toilet paper to mock his comments about gay sex in public bathrooms.

“We are encouraging people to mail either a roll or several sheets of toilet paper to the mayor at City Hall to help him to wipe his dirty mind clean,” said Brian Winfield, spokesman for Equality Florida, a gay rights organization that helped start the toilet paper protest Friday.

The uproar started after Naugle’s comments in a July 4 article in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel about the city’s plan to buy a $250,000 self-cleaning robotic toilet for beachgoers. The device could be programmed with a time limit, after which the door would fly open.

In the article, Naugle was quoted as saying the toilet could prevent “homosexual activity” that has occurred at other public restrooms.

“Sometimes (public restrooms) are used for sexual activity — most of it is men meeting men because it’s same-sex people in the bathrooms,” Naugle said.

Equality Florida has provided a link on its Web site to send Naugle a virtual roll of toilet paper and listed his City Hall address for those who want to send a real roll.

Naugle said no actual toilet paper rolls have arrived at his office. However, more than 300 people have e-mailed the mayor a virtual roll, Winfield said.

“It’s an e-mail — some juvenile diagram of a toilet,” Naugle said.

Last year, police made one arrest for such activity in a beach bathroom and another at the Coral Ridge Mall, Naugle said.

FLLaw33870 on July 9, 2007 at 5:15 PM

Here is their juvenile email and diagram of the toilet.

Gay Activists Want to Clean Up Mayor’s Mind

Flush Naugle

Help us wipe-clean Mayor Naugle’s dirty mind by sending a roll of toilet paper to city hall today!
LGBT organizations are asking everyone to let the Mayor know what you think about his outrageous characterization of our community by mailing a roll of toilet paper to his office.

Subject: Clean Up Your Act

I am sending you this roll of toilet paper in the hopes that it will help you clean up your mind and act. In the future please be more respectful and honest in describing the LGBT community instead of trafficking in stereotypes that even your own law enforcement officers dismiss.

l l
l l __
l l / \
l l–l—O l
l l \ __ /
l l l
l l \

FLUSH NAUGLE’S BIGOTRY!

CC: Commissioners Christine Teel, Charlotte E. Rodstrom, Carlton B. Moore, Cindi Hutchinson

Sincerely Happy and Gay,
[Your name]
[Your address]

QUERY:

How can it be “bigotry” when what the mayor says is merely the TRUTH?

FLLaw33870 on July 9, 2007 at 5:26 PM

We had this problem at the university I attended/formerly worked. The solution – Lop off the stall doors to just above shoulder height. A single person could not be seen sitting in a stall unless you walked right over and looked in. Couples, on the other hand, lost all their privacy and were forced to have their sex in cars and bushes the way society intended.

It is a sickness, people.

Wingo on July 9, 2007 at 11:38 PM