Video: Beltway Boys rip “nativists,” praise Graham’s “profile in courage”

posted at 12:47 pm on June 29, 2007 by Allahpundit

The best part is how impressed Fred Barnes seems to be by Graham’s transparently bogus eleventh-hour bid to toughen up the stupid, self-defeating “touchback” requirement and thereby give fencesitters the political cover needed to vote for his travesty of a bill. Question for Barnes: If Graham’s such a border-enforcin’ hero and his amendment was really so tough, why wasn’t it added to the bill until a few days before it went down in flames? And if, as we’ve been told repeatedly the past several weeks, the immigration crisis must be solved now, without delay, with not another moment spared, then why has the issue of border enforcement now been tabled along with the amnesty provisions? Time’s a-wastin’. Get back on the floor and solve some problems.

We’re all a little hung over on immigration but I’ve got to hand out some candy here: Rich Lowry on the triumph of the blogosphere, WaPo with an intro to a story about small town opposition to the bill that has to be read to be believed, and Jim Geraghty with an irony that’s simply too good to check.

Update: Ace answers Kondracke. “So, talk radio told the public about all these ‘bad parts’ of the bill. The public should have been appraised of the ‘bad parts’ by the MSM, but weren’t. So talk radio did their jobs for them. This is a problem, yes, but not with talk radio — the problem is with the MSM for failing to properly report and critique a major, transformational bill air-dropped on an unsuspecting public with only the scantest time for real debate and analysis.”

Comments

Who’s your daddy, boys?

We’re in ur republican base, killin ur stoopid billz.

Man, I love that.

Good Lt on June 29, 2007 at 12:49 PM

Crossing them off my list … or putting them on my list, depending on how you want to view it.

matd on June 29, 2007 at 12:51 PM

I watched this last night and couldn’t believe it! I mean, I suppose I could believe Mort going for it (though not as much as he did), but Fred liking it too?? How on earth, seriously, was it a GOOD bill??

Very disappointing.

Darksean on June 29, 2007 at 12:53 PM

The normally reasonable Kondracke really went off the deep end, sounding much like Geraldo. When he makes Barnes sound absolutely judicious on the bill by comparison, you know he has lost it.

ptolemy on June 29, 2007 at 12:54 PM

What a couple of tools. Perhaps they have been in the swamps of DC far to long and have lost touch with the American people that live outside of swamp lands of Washington DC. The american people who actually feel the problems of non enforcement of our immigration laws for the past 40 years. Have stood up in a bi partisan way and said “HELL NO to SHAMNESTY”

Mojack420 on June 29, 2007 at 12:54 PM

See, this doesn’t bring me down. It just makes me happier that I could disappoint these guys. Tell me, boys. How is having a hissy-fit on the floor of the Senate a “profile in courage”?

amerpundit on June 29, 2007 at 12:55 PM

Go cry in your money, you a**hole.

Metro on June 29, 2007 at 12:56 PM

At least Brit Humme has his head on straight.

liquidflorian on June 29, 2007 at 12:57 PM

AP – you’re right. That stupid WaPo article was unbelievably amateurish in its attempt to paint “small town” opposition with a racist brush. They better expend their readership capital fast and now, while they still have any. And Kondracke has a horrible presentation on TV. He can’t complete a sentence without ten ah’s and um’s – like his brain and mouth go at the same slow, molasses-like speed. And Barnes – half the time his a machine apologist and half the time a faux-maverick. Can’t you get the gig on Fox to replace ‘em both. Even though you are blind when it comes to matters of faith, and just a tad cynical and pessimistic, you see a thousand times clearer than those two tools.

aqvik on June 29, 2007 at 1:02 PM

but Fred liking it too?? How on earth, seriously, was it a GOOD bill??

Very disappointing.

Darksean on June 29, 2007 at 12:53 PM

Ditto. I thought Fred had deeper conservative roots than that. I also recalled that Brit Hume, in response to Morty, said something to the effect that the reason the public didn’t like the bill was that they found out what was in it. Good for him. Brit is the best thing Fox News has going. I am disappointed that they don’t rerun his show in the evenings on the West Coast anymore.

Mallard T. Drake on June 29, 2007 at 1:02 PM

Who’s your daddy, boys?

We’re in ur republican base, killin ur stoopid billz.

Man, I love that.

Good Lt on June 29, 2007 at 12:49 PM

OH yeah…that’s right…

All your base are belong to us.

Pilgrim on June 29, 2007 at 1:02 PM

I’ll bet the British said about the same thing right at the start of the American revolution. Those damned nativists, they ruin everything we try to do to them. Yeah morons, kicking the base in the teeth is such a good thing you ought to keep at it.

Buzzy on June 29, 2007 at 1:03 PM

wanna change my nic to nativist – just to rub salt in the wound

and if nativist means proud of the American ideals of freedom and democracy and SOVEREIGN borders, then paint me bros…

aqvik on June 29, 2007 at 1:05 PM

More evidence of the divide between normal Americans and uppity Beltway people.

Dear Mort,

I’m a first-generation American. Both my parents were legal immigrants. And now I’m a nativist? Are you high?

You slap like a girl. Your hot tears of anger and silly name-calling mean nothing to me. Tell the president to get going on that wall, or no legacy for him.

lauraw on June 29, 2007 at 1:05 PM

it ain’t dem versus repub – it’s elitist versus the folks – and we outnumber ‘em

(of course they do have all the brains and power and the best interests of their inferiors at heart, and we should just realize that we need their motherin’ doncha know?)

aqvik on June 29, 2007 at 1:08 PM

if there is truth to Dick Morris political analysis and stats from the 2004 and 2006 elections, their may be some merit to their point of view?

jp on June 29, 2007 at 1:10 PM

I was gonna type some lame cliche about “inside the beltway delusions” or some such and then I read that. Awesome.

Fred on June 29, 2007 at 1:12 PM

There certainly are times when I think Mort should be slapped up side the head, just to jog his feeble mind and stop him from stammering, but in this case he deserves it just for being a moron.

What the hell made Barnes’ testicles crawl back up inside of him?? Very disappointing indeed.

commonsensehoosier on June 29, 2007 at 1:14 PM

Sometime those beltway boy are such retards……

doriangrey on June 29, 2007 at 1:16 PM

Barnes is part of the problem with the republican party. He’s a big government republican. And these types of bills feed the government spending that he longs for.

lorien1973 on June 29, 2007 at 1:16 PM

Now we need to talk Sessions into getting a REAL border enforcement bill written and put forward.

Lets not let the issue just die we need to press the attack.

Why don’t we start a draft Sessions to write an enforcement bill campaign?

Trooper on June 29, 2007 at 1:16 PM

Oh I get it. The BILL didn’t have all the “tough” stuff in it, the amendments were going to do that. Well that explains everything.

nottakingsides on June 29, 2007 at 1:17 PM

I watched this fiasco too. Nobody brought up the fact that every illegal alien has committed multiple crimes just by crossing the border and working here. The illegal alien:
1. enters the country illegally (Federal Law)
2. obtains at least one forged identification document, usually a Social Security Card (Federal Law)
3. steals the identity of the person whose Social Security number he/she is fraudulently using (Federal Law)
4. fraudulently obtains a driver’s license (State Law)
5. probably violates local, state, and federal tax laws
And almost all illegal aliens:
6. illegally obtain benefits for which they are not qualified (education, health care, etc.)
In a “3 strikes and you’re out” state, a case could be made for all illegal aliens to be imprisoned for life.

Jonas Parker on June 29, 2007 at 1:20 PM

Why don’t we start a draft Sessions to write an enforcement bill campaign?

Trooper on June 29, 2007 at 1:16 PM

I wonder if we could put enough pressure on the Senate to force a new election for Minority Leader. Anyone familiar enough with Senate Rules?

Pilgrim on June 29, 2007 at 1:21 PM

Hmmm… I am a culturalist… I think the American culture is worth saving…

As to talk radio… I NEVER listen to it. I READ the dam bill… somthing I bet these “pundits” never did.

They are out of touch… they spend too much time with the Washington whackos…

Romeo13 on June 29, 2007 at 1:22 PM

I still can’t believe the new Dem “talking point” is about talk radio. They’d be SO thrilled to shut it down in the name of “fairness.” Well, in the good ‘ol days, we’d take a piece of literature that had a viewpoint we didn’t like, and we’d toss it on a pile and light it on fire.

Is that where your leadership would take us Dems? The equvalent of burning radios on a pyre?

Too bad we are effective. That’s the real beef Dems have with the conservative base. Take note, nutroots. Make sense in a forum where real debate and thought can be put into play, and things happen. Go all foamy on Kos, get nothing.

JunkCoast on June 29, 2007 at 1:22 PM

Pilgrim on June 29, 2007 at 1:21 PM

I don’t know.

I think we should do something. We defeated this turd now lets get one put in that should be there.

Trooper on June 29, 2007 at 1:23 PM

Yeah i was wondering if this was going to make it to HA. I watch Brit’s Fox “All-Stars” segment as often as possible, they were actually unanimous in saying this was a bad thing. I got the sense they thought passing it is “better than nothing” and not passing it will hurt Republicans in the long run.

I have to be honest, I’m concerned a flood of immigrants will either put democrats in power for the forseeable future or Republicans will be forced to pander to whatever blocks form.

Dash on June 29, 2007 at 1:25 PM

I like Fred (Barnes, in this case). But on this issue he’s out in left field (seriously, no pun intended).

urbancenturion on June 29, 2007 at 1:26 PM

Beltway Boys indeed…..

omnipotent on June 29, 2007 at 1:28 PM

Dash on June 29, 2007 at 1:25 PM

All the Repubs have to do is BE SMART and run with this issue.

Its a winner with the VAST majority of the voting populace… enforce the LAW, control the border… the latest polls ALL say that needs to be done FIRST.

Come out pro control, and the independents will easily outweigh the Latino vote.

Don’t applogise! ATTACK!

Romeo13 on June 29, 2007 at 1:31 PM

Kondracke is usually more level headed than he shows here. He is falling into the liberal trap of thinking they know more than everybody else. They cannot understand that there is no reason to pass new bills when there are bills on the books that were never enforced. Even the GAO said it would reduce immigration about 13%. This is no answer to the increasing problem. SECURE THE BORDERS and then ADDRESS COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM. Really not that hard to understand if you have the brain of an ant. Too bad we have leaders that don’t.

volsense on June 29, 2007 at 1:35 PM

Just goes to show you the contempt the chattering classes in Washington hold the people they’re there ostensibly to serve and inform.

Woe to us, the poor unwashed masses, eating mayonnaise samiches in our trailers while eying our siblings as potential mates, all the while waiting for “talk radio” to tell us what we like, dislike, want, don’t want and even think.

Please.

Citizen Duck on June 29, 2007 at 1:36 PM

Trooper on June 29, 2007 at 1:23 PM

Senate Rules

I can’t find anything in there about Senate Leader elections…perhaps it’s just a caucus thing…

Pilgrim on June 29, 2007 at 1:38 PM

Usual screams of racism from Kondracke, when he states that Tancredo is against more Hispanics coming in. Anyway, if the ‘Tom Tancredo wing’ of the party is so huge, why is he not the one leading in the polls? Why are his numbers lower than McCain’s?

infidelpride on June 29, 2007 at 1:40 PM

Here’s the problem with these douchebags: They’re douchebags, in the classical sense, of course.

Editor on June 29, 2007 at 1:41 PM

Belt-butt-boys is more like it.

I have long appreciated the views of Barnes (Mort, not so much), but his position on this is so blatantly … what? … stupid and uninformed, I guess. It truly demeans him and undermines his credibility so completely.

I guess that’s what happens when you see something that others apparently just can’t see.

Jaibones on June 29, 2007 at 1:42 PM

I had heard that FOX was for this immigration bill. FOX was vitually silent about the bill when compared to Lou Dobbs. I think FOX has some people on its payroll who claim to be conservatives, but they are really pseudo-conservatives like some of those in Congress who claim to be conservative Republicans. It still is all about the Big Buck and many will say what they think we want to hear.

I switch back and forth between CNN and FOX. Sometimes the news coverage is BETTER on CNN. I’m a big boy so I know when I hear B.S. and liberal bias.

One thing that annoys me about all of the news station is that they cover a speech and as the speech continues, the idiot at the newsdesk interrupts the speach and starts to tell me what I just heard as the speech is still going on and I want to hear it. Then I shout shut up at the TV wanting to hear the speaker not some idiot journalist telling me what I just heard. I KNOW what I heard…duh! So I start to channel surf. Where one news channel interupts I can usually find another News channel that is showing the speech without the chatter of Wolf Blitzer or Shepherd Smith, for example

The other thing that peeves me is the banner at the bottom of the TV which can cover the event I’m trying to see like a tornado touching the ground. The banners have got to go. The scroll can stay, but the banners have got to go.

FLLaw33870 on June 29, 2007 at 1:43 PM

Trooper on June 29, 2007 at 1:16 PM

Right.

Jaibones on June 29, 2007 at 1:43 PM

Nobody in this debate has disgusted me more than the pro-amnesty RINO’s who were so willing, nay, eager to sell out the base that they adopted the lowest tactics of the left to impugn critics from the very nanosecond that the original bill was first announced, while barely making any effort to articulate a justification for this bill.

And nobody, but nobody deserves to feel the sting of amnesty’s defeat more than these same RINO’s. As Good LT said, who’s your daddy now, boys?

thirteen28 on June 29, 2007 at 1:46 PM

I’d like to add my name to the list of people (conservatives) who does NOT listen to talk radio.

I make up my own mind.

I am insulted by:

1. G.W. BUSH and his minions for calling me a bigot because I believe in the rule of law and because I do not trust the Federal Govt to actually ENFORCE anything in that bill apart from enforcing the use of tax payer money to create more positions.

2. Those so-called-conservatives on this video who labeled me a nativist for believing in the rule of law.

If the Republican party is truly guided and controlled by G.W. Bush, Michaewl Chertoff, Lindsey “Hissy-Fit” Graham and talking heads like Mort, then it is no longer my party.

And, by the way, I used to strongly support G.W.

To all of them I say: Enough of your vote pandering you fat-cat-D.C.-pufferfish. Go back to your upscale mansions where you can pontificate about how dumb, racist and nativist we drooling conservative proles are.

You lost my vote.

Montana on June 29, 2007 at 2:07 PM

Thank God for Lou Dobbs of CNN for his fight on this issue. I’d invite him and his wife, who happens to be a Mexican legal, to dinner if they’d come.

Lou carried the weight on this issue for the networks…not FOX, CNN, or MSNBC. Another worthy mention on CNN is Glen Beck that comes on at 7:00 p.m. & 9:00 p.m. on on CNN Headline News. He is a conservative and worthy watch.

FLLaw33870 on June 29, 2007 at 2:07 PM

I knew these Belt Way Boys(girls) were pathatic pc’s of S*#*’s for years now. I had the misfortune of watching that live last night. I only tuned in so I could see them pc’s of S#^*’s and they didn’t disappoint me..

Legions on June 29, 2007 at 2:08 PM

Fox news better wake up or they will be in the same boat as CBS,NBC,ABC,CNN NOBODY WATCHING!!Jerry Rivers is on every show they have! Good way to loose viewers!

build the wall on June 29, 2007 at 2:09 PM

Fox News really embargoed the story. Bill O’Reilly in particular.

Bad Candy on June 29, 2007 at 2:11 PM

It is very courageous for a Senator to try to pass a bad bill when his constituents are asking him to pass a good bill.

I guess.

Kevin M on June 29, 2007 at 2:11 PM

build the wall on June 29, 2007 at 2:09 PM

Already lost me when they had wall to wall Paris followed by wall to wall Jessie\Cutts followed by wall to wall Paris

Pilgrim on June 29, 2007 at 2:17 PM

Montana that was so good I sent it to FOX.

FLLaw33870 on June 29, 2007 at 2:18 PM

These clowns need to get out of the Beltway. Sweet heaven(!) did they just call millions of their own people nativists and racists? And I guess my dog’s ugly too. Mort and Fred should switch parties. Clearly they can’t be comfortable among so many ‘nativists’ and racists.

All joking aside (for once) this kind of crap really pisses me off. My wife is an immigrant – a legal, non-white, immigrant who speaks English (fluently) as a second language.

If Mort wants to drive to Kansas and call me a racist (and Mrs. Wraith who is even more anti-illegal than I am) then I will kindly break his jaw. Pretty hard to insult people with your silly-ass gum flapping when your face is wired shut, you pencil neck ‘tard. Actually weeks of recuperitive silence might give him some valuable time to think about the error of his ways.

Thomas the Wraith on June 29, 2007 at 2:18 PM

D.C. is so close to Hell right now, the bottom of the basket has caught fire.

unamused on June 29, 2007 at 2:19 PM

FOX sometimes tries to send us “candied” news. I want real journalism and sometimes it is sorely missing on FOXNEWS. So I hold my nose and watch CNN. If I need to have a bowel movement I watch MSNBC.

Remember the DIS-JOINTED FOX Special with E.B. Hill about Muslims against Islamic Terrorist banned by PBS?

Well I might have enjoyed it had E.B. Hill not interrupted every 5 minutes with her stupid comments. FOXNews should have just showed it IN ITS ENTIRETY then if they wanted to comment or talk to the producers of the documentary they could have done so at the END of the show. I don’t feel like I saw the whole show. I saw segments of a documentary with stupid interruptions in between. Thanks E.B. Hill.

FLLaw33870 on June 29, 2007 at 2:24 PM

Generally I like the two Beltway Foggies. On this one they’re in the pocket of WSJ/Business (Barnes) and bleeding hearts and future votes (Kondrake).

Under current law, the border can be secured and the administration can crack down on scofflaw employers.

and

The president’s error has been to regard controlling immigration and welcoming newcomers as polar opposites. But a sensible control of immigration would provide both an economic basis for new immigrants to succeed and a political basis for them to be greeted warmly. And in any case, Republicans who seek their own political health no longer have a choice in the matter.

NRO’s editorial nailed it.

Ace nailed it too – the blogs and radio talk did the job the MSM didn’t want to do, but, heh, they are against the government and for the public.

So talk radio — and those nasty blogs of dubious, secretive funding sources — tanked the bill by riling up public opinion. It was so, so unfair. Talk radio slamming the bill every day; blogs running Senator’s contact information urging concerned citizens to register their opposition.

– Ace

MSM – Imagine a wreath made out of older horse turds glued to a round board, and then sprayed with a gold-glittering substance. Then, imagine what happens to this product in time. That’s where the MSM is headed. Yesterday sped the journey up considerably.

Entelechy on June 29, 2007 at 2:26 PM

Either Kondracke is purposively lying or he’s so blinded by his bias on this issue that he simply can’t see the truth. As a proud member of the “Tancredo Gang,” I can tell you that no other senator, representative, or presidential candidate has been more outspoken about the horrible mistreatment of border patrol agents Ramos and Compean than Tom Tancredo. And Ramos and Compean, if you couldn’t already tell by their last names, are Hispanic-Americans. So for Mr. Kondracke to get up there and say that we, the loudmouths, are just a bunch of anti Hispanic-American “nativists” is downright disgusting. But then again, I guess it’s just easier to name-call and misrepresent the ‘other side’ than to actually deal with the merits of their argument.

As for Graham, he’s about as courageous as a used car salesman trying to sell off a lot full of vehicles that don’t even run, all while simultaneous proclaiming, “You won’t get another opportunity to buy a car this good, in this a good a shape. This is it!”

2Brave2Bscared on June 29, 2007 at 2:27 PM

Is it just me but wasn’t the Paris Hilton interview on CNN’s Larry King live “deep” and “thought-provoking”? :)

FLLaw33870 on June 29, 2007 at 2:30 PM

Beltways Boys. Boys is an appropriate term.

Altura Ct. on June 29, 2007 at 2:46 PM

Fred Barnes has let me down. If this is his “Weekly
Standard”, Im not interested. Get with it Fred!!

sonofliberty on June 29, 2007 at 2:50 PM

Maybe what Fox needs is some OUTSIDE-the-Beltway Boys and Girls.

Mort and Fred: bite me.

Lurking Vet on June 29, 2007 at 2:55 PM

Me thinks the Democrats aren’t in as peachy condition as they all want US to think they are.

Plan A was to make all illegals, legal and then vote for the DEMS in 2008. It failed.

Plan B is to silence talk radio and MAYBE they’ll have a chance in 2008.

Just wondering.

stenwin77 on June 29, 2007 at 3:00 PM

By the way, Freddie is a huge McCain supporter/fan.

Need I say more?

stenwin77 on June 29, 2007 at 3:00 PM

Actually, on this issue I refer to them as

The Beltway Boobs

Always Right on June 29, 2007 at 3:04 PM

Kondrake is a tool. I watched the show once and had to puke. His elitism would serve well if he was a US Senator. We’re nativists, racists because we don’t believe the liars in suits who don’t want us to question their motives or actions.

jeffNWV on June 29, 2007 at 3:11 PM

I don’t watch FOX anymore (unless Michell Malkin is going to be on O’Reilly of course) because they are either in the tank for the Bush Administration or they are covering some idiot celebrity 24X7 with an equally idiot talking head like Shep! I sent them a note that they have become a cartoon not a serious news channel! I wish there were actually a news channel that would just report the damn news without ANY spin either to the right or left! We are smart enough to figure out what to think without some twit in a newsroom typing it into a teleprompter for some pretty-boy to read to us! Good grief! I do like Lou Dobbs! Maybe because I’m so mad at myself for voting for Jorge twice! I’m doing penance!

sabbott on June 29, 2007 at 3:21 PM

That Mort is such a lame brain sometimes… what an idiot.

D2Boston on June 29, 2007 at 3:22 PM

They just don’t want to admit that the immigration bill was a bad bill. They don’t want to enforce the current immigration laws. They don’t want to give the border guards the tools and funding they need. They don’t want to build the fence. They call us “nativists”.

It’s the worst example misrepresentation I’ve ever seen.
It’s a National Security issue.

Kini on June 29, 2007 at 3:33 PM

Talk Radio… doing the job the MSM won’t do.

eclark1849 on June 29, 2007 at 3:35 PM

Bad Candy on June 29, 2007 at 2:11 PM

Exactly, and why do we rally to defend them?

Beltway boobs indeed.

Spirit of 1776 on June 29, 2007 at 3:47 PM

If these guys were real newsmen, they would be at wonder how different people, in different walks, with different political agendas. All came together in defeat of this stupid bill. The lead story would be to listent to the public before trying to ram something down our throats. The lead headline sould be, VOTERS TAKE OVER THE AMNESTY DEBATE. We flex our muscle in unison, and they ignore that real story. Limbaugh, Hannity, Hot Air, and many others were the pipeline for dissent, not the leaders. They gave us a forum to protest, organize, and the MSM were left out in the cold. That is the real story, MSM and other elite media is the loser. And congress can’t just pass anything they feel like, anytime they want. With 15% (or whatever) approval they should have some inkling that they are not trusted.

This is the story: The voters do have control of policy…and that scares them.

right2bright on June 29, 2007 at 3:48 PM

I really don’t understand where these jokers are comming from when they look like they actually believe amnesty for 12 millon cheaters is what is best for the US.

Courage? Doing the right thing sometimes takes courage, but I don’t get how letting thieves keep what they steal takes courage. It takes foolishness for that.

The best thing that could happen is tough engforcement that motivates many of them to go home. Then we can start fresh with a new approach that includes a vehicle to keep track of who is where and who is legally eligable to work here.

When you do the crime, you must do the time.

saiga on June 29, 2007 at 4:07 PM

This is America, Mort and Fred can be as ignorant and as exclusionary as they want to be but the elements that are getting the least credit and have provided the most imputes in getting this bill defeated are the internet and by far the greatest contributor to the point of a watershed moment is US, all of us workaday Joe and Joan public citizens.

Even after the phones were crashed in DC nearly every major media outlet refuses to acknowledge that “We the People” won a very important battle yesterday and talk radio, Fox news, youtube and the internet all played a part but the momentum has been building for years now and anybody who cares to have paid attention could see this coming and our not getting credit could be the worst part of it.

Lookout cause we’re taking the reins back, apathy is on the run and good riddance.

The Founders are sitting up in their graves and cheering.

Speakup on June 29, 2007 at 4:08 PM

Nativists were who actually got immigration laws written with all the Paddy’s coming off the boats with no law to stop them (and my ancestors were on some of those boats).

These people get nativists confused with law abiding.

Hening on June 29, 2007 at 4:14 PM

I dunno. The Beltway Boobs lament the will of the People. I doubt I’ll get any sleep, tonight.

I am getting damned tired of these elitist Pigs, insulated by the Beltway, looking down their noses at We the People. It seems that, nowadays, not only the Socialists think that they know what’s best for the People; but, every other Pig inside of the Beltway does, too.

OhEssYouCowboys on June 29, 2007 at 4:52 PM

I am beginning to wonder is anyone inside the beltway can be trusted. Our government is broken and needs what a computer needs when it gets locked up. Shutdown, restart, reload windows, or in our government case reload democracy with the original install.

Wade on June 29, 2007 at 4:58 PM

Fox and the ‘beltway men’ lost me a long time ago. They either pander with the Paris-type crap or the elites ‘teach us’ with their WSJ business bias. I firmly believe that Fox like Bush and the MSM think that conservatives are inbred retards with a southern accent and no teeth.

Ex-tex on June 29, 2007 at 5:37 PM

I don’t get it. These 3 pc’s of S#^* and the Bit^# in the middle would sell out this country (ON TV no doubt) like the TRAITORS they are. They needed this immig. bill so bad they have been talking about it for weeks. Saying it was going to pass and the glee in their eye’s were apparent. I only watched them because I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I got an idea..how about paying amer.’s a decent wage other than the min. wage. I promise you we can all go out and buy at all those store’s and shop’s you have all your stock monies in..making you more money and that’s what your all about, making money, and making money isn’t a bad thing..only when you want to sell out the good old US of A with a glee in your eye. Hope your employers read blog’s.

Legions on June 29, 2007 at 5:39 PM

Wade:

I like your example, perhaps due to my installing Windows a multitude of time. It always feels so good to have a fresh and original install.

Be great to have the CLEAN original install of democracy.

Which original install of Windows would you load?

Democracy 1.0
Democracy 2.0
Democracy/286 2.1
Democracy/386 2.1
Democracy 2.3
Democracy 3.0
Democracy 3.1
Democracy 3.11
Democracy NT
Democracy NT 4.0
Democracy 95
Democracy 98 (1798, 1898, or 1998?)
Democracy 2000
Democracy ME (Sounds like we have that now)
Democracy XP
Democracy Vista (Basic, Home Premium, Business or Ultimate?)

And don’t forget the Democracy Service Packs!

FLLaw33870 on June 29, 2007 at 5:53 PM

Ex-tex

Howd’ee Y’all from Florida…Mi sester to whom I am betrothed and I dun’t understood Y they’d thunk that. For I gott my tooths rite in the glass next to me!

FLLaw33870 on June 29, 2007 at 5:59 PM

Nativist is continually used as a derogatory term however:

nativism: The policy of protecting and encouraging native culture under threat from external influences.

I Personally think that American foundations and culture are worthwhile saving.

Speakup on June 29, 2007 at 6:02 PM

Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, “Improper Entry by Alien,” any citizen of any country other than the United States who:
• Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or
• Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or
• Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact;
has committed a federal crime.

Violations are punishable by criminal fines and imprisonment for up to six months. Repeat offenses can bring up to two years in prison. Additional civil fines may be imposed at the discretion of immigration judges, but civil fines do not negate the criminal sanctions or nature of the offense.

DfDeportation on June 29, 2007 at 6:27 PM

http://www.americablog.com, the big Democrat homosexual blog, run by John Aravosis, has banned me again for suggesting it was patriotic to stand up for the American worker against Illegal Immigration. Banned also for standing up for black Americans unable to get a job in Los Angeles because the employers, with their spanish speaking supervisors, are hiring only Illegal Aliens for those jobs. The Fascist and Globalist Liberals are mad as hell! We should be learning that these traitors need to continually take this asswhippin
‘ that we’re giving them and refute their name calling at every turn. Don’t stop until these Racist Leftists have been beaten into submission. Enforce our fair, humane, and accessible immigration laws NOW!! Deport Illegal Aliens!!

DfDeportation on June 29, 2007 at 6:59 PM

Just listening to The Beltway Boys on tslk radio, spinning like tops about what hateful racists we are for opposing AMNESTY. The fact is, the Beltway Boys DON’T want to enforce any immigration laws, period! Demand that our laws be enforced NOW! Don’t let up! They’re out there spinning like crazy. BTW – in case you were wondering, DfD stands for (Democrats for Deportation). Just my sarcastic response to MEChA. What do ya think?

DfDeportation on June 29, 2007 at 7:20 PM

The the ButtwayBoys take a position against the administration they will not be invited to the next White House shindig and that is just so not happening in DC!

sabbott on June 29, 2007 at 7:40 PM

Very disappointed in these guys. I usually respect them and their opinions. How arrogant can they get? Actually, they sound like the arrogant Senators and President who were bashing anyone who didn’t love the failed immigration bill. Unbelievable. I never realized there can’t be two sides and/or opinions to legislation. Never realized the general public isn’t entitled to their opinion that may be different from MSM and elected officials.

You can be for upholding the laws of the land and against illegal immigration without being ignorant and racist. Actually, I think it shows you have a brain and love of country IF you support the laws and want to do things legally. Who would have guessed illegal behavior would be supported by Washington and MSM? What’s the next law that everyone is planning to not obey? I am sure it won’t stop here.

katieanne on June 29, 2007 at 8:01 PM

The the ButtwayBoys take a position….. sabbott on June 29, 2007 at 7:40 PM

They sure did! All the squawking turkeys were counting their chickens before they hatched! HaHaHaHaHaHaHa I’m not a nativist you POS I AM AN AMERICAN CAUCASIAN MALE ANYBODY GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bring it.

sonnyspats1 on June 29, 2007 at 8:14 PM

You are right on the money there. The ‘inside the beltway’ mentality seems to stretch across the lines of left or right wing. The whole lot of them seem to think that we are all a bunch of slack-jawed mouthbreathers.

Abu Daboo Doo on June 29, 2007 at 9:20 PM

They are out of touch… they spend too much time with the Washington whackos…

Romeo13 on June 29, 2007 at 1:22 PM

You’re right about that. Unlike Brit Hume, who seems to understand the people. He must be a Hot Air reader. :)

Connie on June 29, 2007 at 10:29 PM

Kon dracke?

What the hell kinda name is Kon dracke?

Sounds like a criminal demon.

Kon dracke.

Don’t like it. Don’t trust it.

Proud nativist.

profitsbeard on June 29, 2007 at 11:15 PM

Kon dracke?

What the hell kinda name is Kon dracke?

Sounds like a criminal demon.

Kon dracke.

Don’t like it. Don’t trust it.

Proud nativist.

profitsbeard on June 29, 2007 at 11:15 PM

Mort’s ancestry is Polish on his father’s side.

ReubenJCogburn on June 30, 2007 at 12:07 AM

I’ve read some of Morton Kondracke’s columns and while it’s clear he’s moderate-leaning-liberal, he usually does a good job not making nutrootsian oversteps and idiotic blanket statements. Usually he makes some fairly good insights. This is probably just an off day for him.

BKennedy on June 30, 2007 at 12:32 AM

Yeah, they usually aren’t that bad, despite being absolutely dead wrong on this issue. I think Mort is more of a classic liberal, not the modern insane screaming America-hating kind, and I think he and Fred are both guys that I could get along with in real life.

ReubenJCogburn on June 30, 2007 at 12:47 AM

FoxNews is squarely in the open borders camp. There used to be three; Hannity, O’Reilly, and John Gibson that said we need to enforce our laws and O’Reilly has flipped for Amnesty, remember when he used to say put the military on the border.

Hannity stopped covering illegal immigration on Hannity and Colmes until he scored the Voinovich interview on his radio show.

Last week, after the first closure vote, they did not even cover the fact the Amnesty Bill was back on track. Hannity and Colmes had the Jesse Lee murder case on for 45 minutes solid with no mention that the senate Zamnesty Bill S.1639 was back. I think they were afraid any coverage would outrage Americans to call their Senators.

Hannity and Colmes has become the tabloid “Paris Hilton Debate Hour” instead of what it used to be. O’Reilly wants them all legalized because it is “impossible” to deport the 12 million and John Gibson stopped talking about it about a month ago.

FoxNews had Geraldo on spreading his racist reconquesta views on every show until the email servers almost crashed with feedback from the viewers.

Unless MM is on, there is no coverage of the Illegal Immigration invasion from Mexico on FoxNews.

The Beltway Boys are Globalists pure and simple. They believe in GWB’s SPP/North American Union project that will destroy the middle class and our sovereignty.

Fred Barnes has parroted the WSJ viewpoint every since immigration became a huge issue to Americans. Mort has consistently called anyone who wants our immigration laws enforced xenophobes or nativists.

On Illegal Immigration, FoxNews is anything but Fair and Balanced.

ScottyDog on June 30, 2007 at 2:00 PM

ScottyDog….. your right about Fox. Do like I do and give yourself a treat and listen to Dr. Micheal Savage on talk radio. 5pm-cst-M-F.. believe me you’ll find what your looking for..

Legions on June 30, 2007 at 4:57 PM

Watched the ButtWayBoys yesterday. They are both blaming talk radio and conservatives for this! Fred thinks it hurts the Republican party because Latin Americans won’t like them anymore! Idiot! Glad I left the Republicans 2 months ago over this and am now an independent conservative! I don’t have to march in lock step with guys like Fred anymore!

sabbott on July 1, 2007 at 3:17 AM