Questions for Pooty-Poot

posted at 2:10 pm on June 29, 2007 by Bryan

Russian President Vladimir Putin will visit President Bush in Kennebunkport, Maine this weekend. It’s an interesting time, to say the least. Rather than attempting to look into the KGB man’s soul this time around, I suggest that the president just ask his pal Pooty-Poot a few questions.

1. What’s up with your diplomats trying to pass off fake US currency in a liquor store? Is that what North Korea is paying you to let it keep on developing nukes? They’re ripping you off. Still more valuable than rubles, I guess.

2. Speaking of nukes, are you planning on helping Hugh Chavez develop his own brand of them? You know, like you and your country have helped along the North Korean and Iranian nuculear weapons programs.

3. Do you really think that you own the North Pole? Cause I’m tellin’ ya, ya don’t.

4. You’re doing all this stuff around the world — cyber-attacking Estonia, dirty-bombing spies you don’t like in London, murdering journalists, calling me a Nazi and so forth. Do you think I don’t see what you’re up to? Do you think I’m stupid?

Ok, don’t answer that last one.

(h/t Tammy Bruce on the counterfeit story)

Comments

He’s auditioning to be the villain in the next Bond movie. Nukefinger.

Number 2 on June 29, 2007 at 2:17 PM

Bush will offer him a Z-Visa.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on June 29, 2007 at 2:20 PM

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on June 29, 2007 at 2:20 PM

That was a coffee-spitter. Well done sir.

unamused on June 29, 2007 at 2:21 PM

5. Tell me about that Russian Constitution that limits you to two terms. Is that for real, or have you found a loophole?

TunaTalon on June 29, 2007 at 2:22 PM

“Pooty-Poot”

Has he been AIDS tested too?

In other news, heres a crazy match in micowave video:

libertytexan on June 29, 2007 at 2:23 PM

There a sizable Russian population in the Portsmouth area, so its not necessarily a diplomat

cadetwithchips2 on June 29, 2007 at 2:24 PM

Hey Vlad, you up for some fishing? I’ll have my buddy mentor Senator Kennedy pick you up.

kjspeedial on June 29, 2007 at 2:26 PM

While he’s at it, might as well claim Canada. Don’t think they’d put up much of a fight.

I bet they’re still kicking themselves over the whole Alaska thing.

natesnake on June 29, 2007 at 2:32 PM

Any bets on the cashier who called in the fake bill coming down with deadly flu or somthing radio-active, in the near future ?

palefaced on June 29, 2007 at 2:33 PM

Me thinks this ex-KGB coldwar spy misses the coldwar.

natesnake on June 29, 2007 at 2:34 PM

They’re still pissed for getting such a crappy deal on Alaska

libertytexan on June 29, 2007 at 2:39 PM

We’ll find out about Pootty when it’s election time in Russia

Drtuddle on June 29, 2007 at 2:44 PM

I thought Santa owned the North Pole?

maintenanceman on June 29, 2007 at 2:49 PM

We’ll find out about Pootty when it’s election time in Russia

Considering Putin has to leave the presidency in 2008 due to term limits, I’m pretty sure we won’t learn anything new come “election time.”

e-pirate on June 29, 2007 at 2:50 PM

Assuming he doesn’t blow off the term limit and elect himself Most Supreme Ruler Of All Russia?

Hugo may be working the same angle.

natesnake on June 29, 2007 at 2:58 PM

Don’t underestimate this guy.

In only 10 years he has achieved what the Red Army never could. He has literally and figuratively immobilied NATO; he can shut down the whole damn coninent with the turn of a tap in Siberia. Many of the EU nations are more friendly wtih Russia than with the US. Meantime, he is building a new! improved! Warsaw Pact, this time consisting of Iran (and soon the mid east oil fields), the Capsian sea nations (more oil&gas), Venezuela, and because everybody needs a customer, China. In other words, a kind of Iron/Islamic curtain around most of the word’s energy reserves. If you held cards like that, wouldn’t you play them too?

So: Europe effectively Finlandized. The United States shut out from the energy it needs to survive.

Forgive me, if it sound like blasphemy, but in many ways he’s Russia’s Ronald Reagan, who also restored this country’s honor and clout in the world after the terrible 70s. I can see why the Russian’s like Putin the way they do.

Granted, this revenege though sweet will be brief for Russia. The USA out of the picture, Putin’s Islamic and Chinese neighbros will turn on him. Demographically speaking, it will be a walk-over.

But this is in the future, it’s springtime for Pooty poot and Russia.

dhimwit on June 29, 2007 at 2:59 PM

Dontcha mean Putin Tang?

Mazztek on June 29, 2007 at 3:06 PM

I’m wondering if Mamma Barbara will be there. She could, as my dear late Grandma would say, jerk a knot in his a$$.

KelliD on June 29, 2007 at 3:16 PM

We should give him the North pole if he gives us the south. The south’s gonna do it again!

Kevin M on June 29, 2007 at 3:35 PM

I thought Santa owned the North Pole?

No, the owner of the North Pole is Superman. That’s where the green crystal from Krypton built his home.

Even better than re-starting the Cold War, Putin will proclaim himself Tsar and re-establish the Russian Empire!

Bigfoot on June 29, 2007 at 3:38 PM

Scarborough would say “Putin works the…”

Entelechy on June 29, 2007 at 3:38 PM

You mean La Raza doesn’t claim the North Pole as part of Aztlan?

Shay on June 29, 2007 at 3:55 PM

When he gets really bold, he’ll send millions — no, hundreds should do — of Russians to Alaska to do the jobs Americans won’t do, then claim that territory. “We didn’r move across the border, the border moved across us.”

Nosferightu on June 29, 2007 at 3:55 PM

He’ll end the visit asking our President for two tens for a five and give him a Monopoly five.

Hening on June 29, 2007 at 4:08 PM

Well, I, for one, trust ex-KGB officials. Tell me, what did the KGB, and the NKVD, do that was wrong? Those millions who were rounded up and exterminated in the Gulag, by a bullet to the base of the skull, or by collectivized starvation [by design], only got in the way of the beloved Communist Utopia. If only they’d been able to liquidate a few more millions, Utopia would’ve been reached. Our damned love for liberty only got in the way. I trust Vladimir. Yes, I do.

OhEssYouCowboys on June 29, 2007 at 4:09 PM

Bush will offer him a Z-Visa.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on June 29, 2007 at 2:20 PM

Not until Putin demonstrates a proficiency in spanish.

Labamigo on June 29, 2007 at 4:17 PM

Well, the good news is that the Libs are taking the Immigration Bill rejection like adults. Especially when Putin is in the Country. You definitely wouldn’t want to diminish Bush’s leverage even more than yesterday’s debacle already has.

Or would you?

McDermott to Cheney: ‘Resign
or face impeachment’

I mean you can’t make this shit up.

there it is on June 29, 2007 at 4:32 PM

Putin is starting to remind me of the original Star trek’s Chekov….Vas Invented by little old Lady from Moscow….

doriangrey on June 29, 2007 at 4:48 PM

What Putin is really trying to do is show the world that they are still a super power. He’s actively working towards having a standoff with us because he knows nobody wants a fight with them. He’s willing to go all the way and we’re not.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying we should start planning for war with Russia or anything, but, we should understand what he’s doing and what his goal is. If he makes a fool of America and gets us to back down from him then the rest of the world will pay more attention to Russia. All of the current stuff is just irritants. Where he’s going to really make his stand is with Kosovo. Give it a month or two and I’m sure we’ll be reading more about it.

FireDrake on June 29, 2007 at 4:49 PM

Kosovo. If Putin is opposing the establishment of an islamic terrorist state in southeastern Europe, then I’m with Putin.

If we’re to quarrel, let it be over something where our national interest is involved. Oil and the independence of Europe qualify. Kosovo and Chechnya don’t.

That said, I smell a new Berlin-Moscow pact; or rather a Brussels-Moscow pact. Oil and gas for real estate. And the former Iron Curtain nations get f*cked over. Again.

So it comes down to oil. For us, it may literally be a cold war.

dhimwit on June 29, 2007 at 5:46 PM

FireDrake….I hear what you’re saying, but I’m thinking…doesn’t matter, it’s all about the money. China..Russia..selling arms, etc to Iran, etc…the US has done so as well..
Sure, we have the biggest and best bombs out there. What does that really count for when all is said and done? So many countries getting the technology, learning the ways…and many thanks to Americans for teaching them, or giving them the plans to do so.
Scary. I wish the UN was an actual entity that could make a difference in the world. It’s a complete joke.
And with this super cult of Jihad out there…scary. Almost makes me wish for more power to the Jihad…to Unite the rest of us…into Sanity. Wow..did I just think that? :I

bridgetown on June 29, 2007 at 5:51 PM

I looked into his soul, and saw polonium.

profitsbeard on June 29, 2007 at 8:39 PM

I looked into his soul and saw a polonium beryllium plutonium core encased by unranuim

warpmine on June 29, 2007 at 10:22 PM

neocom(mie)

reaganaut on June 29, 2007 at 11:48 PM

When Putin was “elected” back in 2000, I said that Russia has just welcomed back full fledged Communism. I love it when I’m sooooooo right. Problem that is most important to address is that Putin has made alliances with some of the world’s biggest scum….and our old alliances have turned their cowardly cheeks (Europe).

lynnv on June 30, 2007 at 8:10 AM

Simply, put Putin should be approached with guarded optimism. However, we do need their partnership in containing the radical ilamic fundementalist faction and to allow democracy to take hold in Iraq.

MSGTAS on June 30, 2007 at 9:40 AM

…lynnv..I agree, except Russia now is almost blackmailing the Euro’s. Sorry, did I say..almost. This is not the old Russia I grew up with anymore. They have a $$$$ pipeline of fuel and gas coming straight out of there into Euro. Just remember when watching these two this weekend money talks(Putin) bullshit walks..

Legions on June 30, 2007 at 10:38 AM

News this weekend, Money talks(Putin and his $$$pipeline$$ straight into Euro),and Bullshi# walks..

Legions on June 30, 2007 at 11:08 AM