Audio: Where’s Tommy?

posted at 11:00 am on June 29, 2007 by Allahpundit

I meant to clip the video of Reid giving this speech yesterday, so ridiculous was it. I forgot. Thankfully, Laura Ingraham didn’t.

The answer to her question is, “Hanging out with Lucy Ramirez.” Click the image to download the mp3.

reid-face.jpg

Update: It’s simply too ridiculous. I’m going to have to go back and cut the vid. For posterity.

Update: It’s magic time. You’re welcome, American history.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

lol… The search for TOMMY begins now. I mean really… how many Tommys could live in SearchLight.

tshell on June 29, 2007 at 11:07 AM

I guy told me that Harry Reid is a fool.

TheSitRep on June 29, 2007 at 11:07 AM

You are seeing and hearing something impossible. A real talking cadaver.

volsense on June 29, 2007 at 11:09 AM

At first it was lil Tom’s friend who was the mexican who was afraid and near the end he’s talking about Tommy being arrested. It’s Hard to be accurate about something you’ve made up.

amend2 on June 29, 2007 at 11:10 AM

What exactly did Tommy do! He had a Mexican friend?

Hey Harry! BRING BACK THE BILL! I don’t know you could get arrested for having a Mexican friend!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on June 29, 2007 at 11:11 AM

Is Tommy afraid or ‘his friend’? And how can you track someone down that lives in Reid’s head? It’s strains credulity to believe someone would ask Reid what to think.

Spirit of 1776 on June 29, 2007 at 11:12 AM

I’m betting Harry didn’t talk to anybody named Tommy unless Tommy owns a large company that hires illegals.

Privatestock on June 29, 2007 at 11:13 AM

Hmmmm…. WAIT!!!

I have a new theory….

Zombie Reagan struck, and ate REID’s BRAIN!!!

Its all part of Zombie Reagan’s plot…. makes the Dem’s look reallllllllyyyyy dumb…

He also apparently ate (but spit back out) the Grand Kleegles brain….

Romeo13 on June 29, 2007 at 11:14 AM

So…Tommy has the ILLEGAL friend, but Tommy’s worried about being arrested?

LIE ALERT!!!

tickleddragon on June 29, 2007 at 11:15 AM

There is too much inclination in my head to go with the Tommy is Dicking with Harry jokes to go on ……

bbz123 on June 29, 2007 at 11:16 AM

Nope…I’m sorry I was wrong…Let me correct myself.

F’ING IDIOT ALERT!

tickleddragon on June 29, 2007 at 11:16 AM

Who knows what Mexicans lurk in the shadows?

Search Light does.

JackStraw on June 29, 2007 at 11:17 AM

bbz123, hahaha

Spirit of 1776 on June 29, 2007 at 11:17 AM

I never liked that bastard Tommy. I say deport him.

there it is on June 29, 2007 at 11:18 AM

Geeze – I’m surprised he did use the line:

“… And if Republicans wouldn’t be trying to limit travel expenses I would have flown Tommy out today.”

Editor on June 29, 2007 at 11:20 AM

Tommy should be askeered now. And how did Tommy manage to call and get in contact with Reid? I was never able to get in contact with my worthless Senators (Martinez and Nelson). Most of us probably had some difficulty I would guess. Tommy must have a hotline, sort of like the Batphone. Hey maybe it’s called the Moonbatphone.

raz0r on June 29, 2007 at 11:21 AM

Good lord Reid . . . take a break and try to salvage at least a shred of your self respect.

rplat on June 29, 2007 at 11:21 AM

Without the bill, it will be illegal to have Mexican friends? Uh oh…

frankj on June 29, 2007 at 11:21 AM

Given Reidhimmler’s age his family was 1/2 the population of Searchlight, NV. Back in the ‘day’ when the Thunderbird and Stardust were the only things on the strip Searchlight was the gas stop before you made the run to Barstow. There might have been a gas station in Zyzzyx, CA but I don’t remember it.

Tommy……come out come out where ever you are!

Limerick on June 29, 2007 at 11:23 AM

Wait… is it Tommy Chong?

frankj on June 29, 2007 at 11:24 AM

To heck with Tommy! What about Little Billy?!?

Parley on June 29, 2007 at 11:26 AM

Didn’t The Who already cover this issue?

ReubenJCogburn on June 29, 2007 at 11:26 AM

Tommy can you hear me?

See Me
Feel Me
Touch Me
Deport ME

400lb Gorilla on June 29, 2007 at 11:26 AM

Was Tommy or Tommy’s friend the illegal alien? I’m confused.

Valiant on June 29, 2007 at 11:27 AM

Keep the mexican and deport tommy and harry

Mojack420 on June 29, 2007 at 11:30 AM

frankj on June 29, 2007 at 11:24 AM

Heh he he sure would explain how Harry got so damn dain bramaged, er I mean brain damaged…

doriangrey on June 29, 2007 at 11:31 AM

“I know his last name, seriously, I promise that I like seriously know his last name, and I’m not foolin’ around here, I really really know his last name………seriously, for real……..”

nottakingsides on June 29, 2007 at 11:31 AM

Didn’t Reid also bring up a threatening letter he got that he had turned over to authorities? Have him produce the letter with personal data blacked out if necessary to prove. One of his staffers can type one up real quick.

LakeRuins on June 29, 2007 at 11:31 AM

I know a guy from Panama named Tim. And that’s all you need to know…

BadgerHawk on June 29, 2007 at 11:32 AM

i work around spanish folks everyday in the construction industry(when not laid off because the spanish are doing the jobs i wont do) i have yet to hear one called Tommy….. i mean really, its usually along the lines of Pablo and Juan or somthing to that effect, but yet to hear Tommy spoken. i guess i wouldnt understand since i dont habla.

palefaced on June 29, 2007 at 11:32 AM

Methinks Tommy should steer clear of ‘Uncle Ernie’ Reid…

infidel4life on June 29, 2007 at 11:32 AM

Parley on June 29, 2007 at 11:26 AM

To heck with Tommy! What about Little Billy?!?

He’s down the well with Timmy and Tommy smoking a big fatty……

doriangrey on June 29, 2007 at 11:32 AM

Aw, that’s so sad! We shouldn’t make fun of mental illness. If this were anyone other than the Senate Majority Leader, I would have expected the end of the clip to be two nice men in white coats patting Harry on the back and gently but firmly leading him away. Harry would look around in a dazed and confused way, plaintively calling out, “Tommy? Tommy! C’mon, Tommy, tell them you’re real! Tell them you’re here! You gotta believe me, guys! TOMMY’S REAL!”

aero on June 29, 2007 at 11:32 AM

When “Raoul Duke” and “Dr. Gonzo” made the infamous run to Vegas to cover the Mint 400 in ’71, in the fireapple red convertible-

Was Tommy hiding in the trunk?

cheers

eon

eon on June 29, 2007 at 11:33 AM

He seems to be completely unperceptive…

The tests I gave him show no sense at all.

Nosferightu on June 29, 2007 at 11:33 AM

Tommy is moonbat code for Rosie O’

Just thought you all should know.

On-my-soap-box on June 29, 2007 at 11:35 AM

If it’s tommy Chong does that make Harry a genius?

Speakup on June 29, 2007 at 11:35 AM

I’m your uncle Tommy and I welcome you to Harry’s holiday camp
The camp with the difference never mind the weather when you come to Harry’s the Amnesty’s forever.

400lb Gorilla on June 29, 2007 at 11:36 AM

LOL! At first, it’s Tommy’s friend, and then he starts talking as if Tommy is the illegal alien, which he probably is.

WisCon on June 29, 2007 at 11:37 AM

I apologize – I should give proof.

Record you voice and play it backwards at half speed. It will sound exactally like Sylvester Stallone:

“I am Rosie ya-O’ ”

Try it and see.

On-my-soap-box on June 29, 2007 at 11:38 AM

Ahhhhhh

IT’S TOMAS !!!!

did you call in , Tomas?

shooter on June 29, 2007 at 11:39 AM

I found Tommy he is hanging out with Ted Kennedy

Mojack420 on June 29, 2007 at 11:40 AM

WisCon on June 29, 2007 at 11:37 AM

Yeah, I think Harry has a “friend” that has E.D., too.

ReubenJCogburn on June 29, 2007 at 11:41 AM

Isn’t little “Tommy” Harry Reid’s latest page?

subbottomfeeder on June 29, 2007 at 11:41 AM

Mojack420 on June 29, 2007 at 11:42 AM

“See me, feel me.”??

I’m gonna huurl!

locomotivebreath1901 on June 29, 2007 at 11:42 AM

Sheesh…! You guys need to cut the guy some slack… I have a Liberal acquaintance, named Thomas who heard from his buddy Tom that Harry’s friend Tommy’s friend Is Tomas and he’s been shouting “No mas!”…, so give the guy a break, will ya…? :P

Rugged Individual on June 29, 2007 at 11:44 AM

What’s worse is that there weren’t enough chairs at school and Tommy’s daughter had to sit on a pile of boxes (holding thousands of dollars of new computer equipment).

Tommy should look up Dick Gephart’s rich friend and make some real money.

saint kansas on June 29, 2007 at 11:44 AM

raz0r on June 29, 2007 at 11:21 AM

GOOD POINT, who can just call a senator?

aero on June 29, 2007 at 11:32 AM

that’s funny. You can get a real visual there….tell ‘em tommy, tell ‘em.

shooter on June 29, 2007 at 11:48 AM

Yo, Tommy! Olly olly in free!

Ignorant Mensan on June 29, 2007 at 11:48 AM

Allah, you missed the the funniest part though!

After Reid had been droning on for 11 minutes (official count), Sen Sessions interrupted him to ask the chair (Obama) how much longer he was going to let Reid blather on.

To make it even better, Reid looked to be near tears over the fact that he had been interrupted.

Comedy gold.

mjgreco on June 29, 2007 at 11:48 AM

Well, Floyd just called me. He said Tommy’s buddy just took his job. And Floyd is afraid he is going to be arrested when he kicks Tommy’s a##.

conservnut on June 29, 2007 at 11:49 AM

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on June 29, 2007 at 11:11 AM

Heh.

PS DPR VI, I see on MM.com that DPR III has surfaced. Sorry.

Jaibones on June 29, 2007 at 11:51 AM

Oops, I mean VIII

Jaibones on June 29, 2007 at 11:52 AM

WisCon on June 29, 2007 at 11:37 AM

“Hi, Senator Reid? My name is Tommy, and I have this friend…he’s undocumented…”

Jaibones on June 29, 2007 at 11:55 AM

Almost as pathetic as putting Byrd up immediately following the vote to talk about being old and how his hands shake.
I really found the juxtaposition to be surreal…
What? You’re old and your hands shake? What?
Did I miss something? Jesus…

Babs on June 29, 2007 at 11:55 AM

It would be awesome if from now on Republican Senators always used some made up person named “Tommy” as part of their arguments.

frankj on June 29, 2007 at 11:56 AM

Right on. I would love to hear Sessions refer a ‘Tommy’ in the next issue.

Spirit of 1776 on June 29, 2007 at 11:59 AM

He is starting to sound like Dick Gephardt, inventing ‘little friends’……..

DoctorDentons on June 29, 2007 at 11:59 AM

Looks like less than 200 homes in Searchlight:

How many Tommys can there be?
And even if there is more than zero, say even two, which one is afraid of being arrested for having a Mexican friend?

G. Charles on June 29, 2007 at 12:11 PM

Wait… is it Tommy Chong?

Tommy’s not here, man…

toke

saint kansas on June 29, 2007 at 12:13 PM

I think we have all missed the bigger picture. Harry just admitted he is harboring a fugitive…an “undocumented American.” I’m outraged!

LarryinVA on June 29, 2007 at 12:16 PM

Ahhhhhh

IT’S TOMAS !!!!

did you call in , Tomas?

No, I think he’s still sulking over the conservative base betraying President Bush on this issue. Stupid Harry Reid. If he’d been called by Johnny, I could have used a little known pop song:

Who’s Johnny she said
and smiled in that special way.
Who’s Johnny? Who’s Johnny?

austinnelly on June 29, 2007 at 12:16 PM

this is just the last gasp of desperation. He’s lost all credibility. Hes all alone, just him and Tommy.

Keli on June 29, 2007 at 12:24 PM

This is obvious people. Dingy Harry lifted the speech straight from the Pulp Fiction script. Remember when Christopher Walkin gave the watch to the young Bruce Willis character.

Sergei on June 29, 2007 at 12:25 PM

frankj on June 29, 2007 at 11:56 AM

Frank, I’m afraid you’ll have to run for Senator first. Run in Illinois; you got my votes.

Jaibones on June 29, 2007 at 12:26 PM

Vamanos Tomas

Drtuddle on June 29, 2007 at 12:27 PM

Just read the comments on ThinkProgress regarding Pelosi, and I spent about an hour on dKos last night (don’t start), and I’m feeling good about America right now. When was the last time 75% of the country agreed on an issue? When was the last time crooked politicians feared for their re-electon enough to listen to the voters and not the special interests lining their pockets?

Warm fuzzies for everyone.

BadgerHawk on June 29, 2007 at 12:28 PM

Reid said was that “Tommy’s” “friend” was Mexican, but not that the imaginary friend was illegal. Is Reid implying that all Mexican immigrants are here illegally?

They’re still playing the word games; leaving out the word illegal to suggest that opponents of the bill were against all immigrants rather than just the illegal ones. The problem with Reid is that he can’t remember how to play the game from one minute second to the next.

baldilocks on June 29, 2007 at 12:36 PM

Why not marginalize Reid even more? Some business or individual of means could promise to legally sponsor “Tommy’s friend” for residency/citizenship. Some other reward could work for Tommy too. This reward/sponsorship could be done out of the limelight, with the only verification needed: Tommy’s valid telephone log of Thursday’s call. He wins the Jackpot!

America needs to know see how Reid resorts to bald-faced lies to manipulate this country for the worse. Any credibility Reid can lose for his stance on Iraq is America’s gain.

G. Charles on June 29, 2007 at 12:39 PM

“Senator, I’m — I mean, my friend is — an illegal alien. Will this bill help me — I mean, him?”

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on June 29, 2007 at 12:39 PM

Come to think of it, has anyone ever heard the word ‘illegal’ come out of the mouths of any of the proponents of the dead legislation?

baldilocks on June 29, 2007 at 12:43 PM

I think the world would be a better place if we all spent a little time listening to the Tommy’s out there. Tommy’s have absolute moral authority and are never wrong. I’ve never met a Tommy I didn’t like. Tommy’s always pay you back and never say mean things behind your back. When you buy a Tommy a beer, you can bet he’ll get the next round.

I think we all need to ask ourselves this important question before any big decision is reached: What Would Tommy Do?

I foresee: ‘What Would Tommy Do?’ t-shirts, bumper stickers, pins, the works. We can start a Tommy cult! lets get rollin people!

Keli on June 29, 2007 at 12:43 PM

I thought Tommy was calling about his friend from Mexico. Then Reid says that Tommy won’t have to worry about being deported (nothing about the friend??)

truthmattersfa on June 29, 2007 at 12:51 PM

This guy is in charge of something? Really?

Metro on June 29, 2007 at 12:51 PM

Another subtle point here is that Reid is recounting a story about a (supposed) constituent who called him to ask, “Mr. Reid, what should I think? Please tell me whether or not I should support this bill. I bow to your superior intellect and wisdom, o great Senator.”

So when Reid makes up a story, when he fantasizes about what he would say to constituents (legal or illegal) if he actually spoke to them on the phone: they ask him what they should think! Constituents can’t think for themselves, you see. They need senators to understand these complicated issues for them.

aero on June 29, 2007 at 1:00 PM

Do you think “Tommy” also works out at Arlen Specter’s gym? Maybe we can get some Tommy Trutherism going.

ReubenJCogburn on June 29, 2007 at 1:04 PM

aero on June 29, 2007 at 1:00 PM

Good point. A perfect example of how the politico elites think they are superior to us peons.

infidel4life on June 29, 2007 at 1:08 PM

Where’s Tommy? That brings flashbacks of Ted Kennedrunk asking, nay shrieking, in a high-pitched pickled Dewars voice: “Whatever happened to little Billy?”

crushliberalism on June 29, 2007 at 1:40 PM

The most infuriating thing about this was the setup to Reid’s story.

Tommy called and said he had a friend from Mexico and wanted to know what this bill would do for HIM. Should he support it?

And Reid says, “Yes, Tommy, you should support it.”

Well, Senator Reid, I have a friend from the United States of America….let’s call her Jessica….and she wanted to know what this bill would do for HER and HER COUNTRY. Should she support it? What’s that Senator? You’ve got to go? Tommy’s on the other line about his other Mexican friends that are illegally in the country? I understand…I’ll let you go.

JadeNYU on June 29, 2007 at 1:41 PM

Laura is awesome. And Misty is one of my favorites.

This small pile of fertilizer at Reid’s feet could not fool anybody unless they wanted to be lied to. A ten-year-old kid can produce a better story than this without a second thought, and make it air-tight. But this “leader” of the nation’s more deliberative legislative body, thinks that his colleagues and the American public will buy this fabrication.

Is anybody not insulted by the suggestion that we are too dim to see through this? NonFactor? GMCJetboy? Newly privileged liberal commenters?

Freelancer on June 29, 2007 at 2:01 PM

LOL.. this reminds me of Ted Kennedy’s “Where’s little Billy?”
Anyone remember that?

ricer1 on June 29, 2007 at 2:07 PM

crushliberalism on June 29, 2007 at 1:40 PM

Sorry.. I just read your post, crushliberalism. You already covered it.

ricer1 on June 29, 2007 at 2:10 PM

F Tommy. He kicked my grandpa down the stairs. It’s true. I read it on AP.

Kendrick on June 29, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Tommy has been located!

ronsfi on June 29, 2007 at 2:23 PM

Tommy has been located!

@%#@$% Link thingy

ronsfi on June 29, 2007 at 2:24 PM

The funniest and saddest part was when the hammerman said about this moribund fumbler “majority leader”.

The indignant reaper continued…bla, bla, deeper and even more dying voice, bla, bla…the end is near…

He’s got this what he perceives to be ‘threatening’ attitude in his lecturing. It it wouldn’t be so sad, it’d be extremely entertaining.

Entelechy on June 29, 2007 at 2:45 PM

Tommy was seen running off while being chased by INS shouting
Nacho Cheese

Or was it nacho libre

Kini on June 29, 2007 at 3:00 PM

If there really is a Tommy, shouldn’t Reid be a little embarrassed at how comfortable an illegal alien is about calling one of the nation’s top lawmakers, even giving his first and last name and location? The lawbreaker clearly had no fear that this representative of the law would turn him in.

If Reid were a cat, it would be like a mouse blatantly walking up to him and biting him on the nose, then casually grabbing the cheese and eating it in front of him while Reid watched and did nothing. Reid the Cat might even hand the mouse some more cheese, while fighting off any other cats who are trying to do their mouse-chasing duty. It’s ridiculous.

aero on June 29, 2007 at 3:04 PM

You heard what I said, you saw what I said, but I meant to say something else, that you didn’t see me say.

Poor little Tommy. Harry Reid pointed to the center field wall, then promptly struck out. Poor little Tommy.

SilverStar830 on June 29, 2007 at 3:23 PM

No! No!
Its THIS Tommy he’s talking about. And all the other Tommy’s he and the other beholden corrupt politicians were trying to appease with this bill

russ2553 on June 29, 2007 at 3:49 PM

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on June 29, 2007 at 12:39 PM

I was thinking the same thing. It’s Tommy Flanagan. Liar’s Club President SNL…Yeah that’s the ticket

PowWow on June 29, 2007 at 3:50 PM

Only a grown liberal “man” would still refer to himself as “Tommy”.

foxforce91 on June 29, 2007 at 3:57 PM

(sorry I hit enter before I was finished)
And only a grown liberal “man” would have make-believe friends called “Tommy”.

foxforce91 on June 29, 2007 at 3:58 PM

That deaf, dumb, and blind kid sure plays a mean clay pigeon!

drunyan8315 on June 29, 2007 at 4:44 PM

In the interests of diversity…

Donde esta Tomás?

Es Tomás trabajando en la granja de Senor Reid?

Im_no_dhimmi on June 29, 2007 at 4:47 PM

Must be Tommy Chong, I saw him on TV Yesterday !

SIJ6141 on June 29, 2007 at 4:53 PM

Can we start referring to illegal aliens as “Tommy’s Friends”? It is, after all, politically incorrect to call them “illegal aliens.”

aero on June 29, 2007 at 5:26 PM

yeah, ole Harry got back to the quiet office, sat down at his make-shift desk, starts to put his feet up when the old rotary phone rings, “oh my is that the phone ringing, why here it is under the Searchlight phonebook, uh hello this is Nevada senator sanctuary Harry speaking, can I help you circumvent immigration law? why hello Tommy of course I’m not busy, your my first call all week…

christophercube on June 29, 2007 at 7:03 PM