Video: “Talk radio has had a field day,” wheezes Reid

posted at 1:15 pm on June 28, 2007 by Allahpundit

Another day, another breathtakingly ironic whinge about “hate” from one of Kos’s bootlickers. Just so we’re all on the same page, everyone understands that the recent resurgence in calls for the Fairness Doctrine is intimately connected to this immigration debacle, yes? The left, quite smartly and understandably, wants to take advantage of the wedge between the Republican base and its “representatives” to sell those representatives on the virtues of Fairness. The goal isn’t to get equal airtime for liberals, it’s to make the balance requirement onerous enough for station managers that they’ll simply cancel conservative programming to meet it. Which, conveniently, would suit both sides. No doubt Lindsey Graham’s kicking himself for not thinking of it sooner.

With that as background, here’s Reid issuing the second warning today about the great moral hazard that is talk radio. He’s careful not to accuse any broadcasters of hate themselves, lest he bring down even more of their wrath than he has, but the intent is clear — especially per the tacit comparison he draws between the motives animating congressional opponents of the bill and their constituents.

Comments

So if I’m following this right, this bill failed because 15 Democratic Senators followed the marching orders of Rush Limbaugh? Such utter nonsense.

Dudley Smith on June 28, 2007 at 1:20 PM

Yea, and so has the Democrat led Senate had a field day shutting down free speech and debate on the Senate floor today.

How did that work out, Haaarrreeee?

stenwin77 on June 28, 2007 at 1:20 PM

Amazing. Just when we think he cannot say anything more stupid, he goes and redeems himself!

portlandbob on June 28, 2007 at 1:25 PM

Correction, there are two walking cadavers in Congress.
Voinovich and Reid.

Sir Voinovich of the clueless
Sir Reid of the turkey throat

It’s not hate Harry, it’s called listening to your constituent’s.

Kini on June 28, 2007 at 1:26 PM

“generators of SIMPLICITY“?!?!?!?!
Uh…Dingy, wasn’t it you who said yesterday “Oh, those new 30 pages of amendments – there’s really nothing there – you can trust me…”? It’s the Right Wing Demons who said “This issue is too complex and important to ram through a vote on a bill nobody’s read”

Harry, I *PATOOEY* in your general direction.

eeyore on June 28, 2007 at 1:27 PM

Standard Liberal faire:

Opposition to the left == Hatred

Freedom of the Press and Assembly — only if your liberal or liberal owned (MSM).

Poor Reid – doesn’t like to hear from his bosses (the people who elected him). If you can’t stand the heat get the hell out of the kitchen!

CrazyFool on June 28, 2007 at 1:27 PM

Reid is a flaming idiot . . . please, somebody, tell him to blow it out his ear or the orifice of his choice. He’s worse than a two year old that just had his candy stolen.

rplat on June 28, 2007 at 1:28 PM

The Fairness Doctrine would be disastrous…

This worries me, because there are enough slimy RINO punks who would like to see talk radio disappear. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the DC elite try to pound that through like amnesty…

We’re just gonna keep fighting things like this, aren’t we? The calls and emails and mailings, its not gonna stop, is it? They’re just gonna keep pounding away at our movement, huh?

Bad Candy on June 28, 2007 at 1:28 PM

I make you Nevadans a deal. You vote out Dirty Harry next election, and we in Arizona will show McAmnesty the door. How’s that for a Grand Bargain?

AZCON on June 28, 2007 at 1:28 PM

I really want to know where all this “hatred and venom” is. I’d love for Dingy Harry to release some of these letters. They. Just. Don’t. Get. It. We’re not against immigrants! I have the utmost respect for someone who’s going to uproot himself from his native land, come here (using the system, of course), learn the language, and make something of himself, no matter where he’s from. I don’t like illegals.

I was working at a contract job about 5 years ago, and my closest friend on that job was from India. Absolute genius. When the contract ended, he had 90 days to find another job in the midst of the hardest part of the recession, in the industry hardest hit (tech) or he’d be deported. The very thought of illegal activity being rewarded while someone who should have been allowed to stay and only made the country better faced a very real threat of deportation really makes me sick to my stomach.

Fortunately he was able to get another sponsor, so he had time to find a job. Last I heard he was living down South somewhere with his wife and new baby.

crazy_legs on June 28, 2007 at 1:31 PM

Harry’s SUCH a bouchedag!

Jack.

Jack Deth on June 28, 2007 at 1:32 PM

This is the psychotic blabber that leads the U S Senate. It is a loser looking to place blame on anyrthing he can find. These dinosaurs like Reid, Specter, Kennedy, Schumer, Durbin, Leahy, Feinstein and Levin were spewing this same garbage in 1986. That bill wasn’t ever enforced leading to the debacle we are dealing with now. Why should we believe they stopped lying yesterday?

volsense on June 28, 2007 at 1:32 PM

Yeah, in all our righteous enthusiasm for wipin’ out RINOs, we gotta stay focused on beating these zombies like Reid, Chucky Schmucky, Speaker Stretch and Kennedy.
The only way we’re gonna beat these libs are with true conservatives.
We just won a great battle, now we gotta gear up for the next one.

Iblis on June 28, 2007 at 1:33 PM

Reid sounds like someone who ought to be really worried about his next election.

EditoratIP on June 28, 2007 at 1:33 PM

Standard Liberal faire:

Opposition to the left == Hatred

More Liberal faire:

Dissent that the left agrees with == highest form of patriotism

Dissent that the left does not agree with == hate speech

Sir Reid of the turkey throat

This term is offensive – because it insults turkeys.

Bigfoot on June 28, 2007 at 1:34 PM

“What about “TOMMY” Mr. Reid?

See Me
Feel Me
Touch ME
BITE ME

400lb Gorilla on June 28, 2007 at 1:35 PM

The will of the American people has prevailed and these guys are pissed. I know I’m stating the obvious but their answer to the Americans who have spoken is to try and silence their voice. I hope everyone’s eyes have been opened to just how much disdain our elected crooks have for us. I also hope that people now understand just who is being represented in Congress. It certainly isn’t the majority of the American people.

repvoter on June 28, 2007 at 1:37 PM

I assume those hearings on the costs to the public about the provisions of the bill were fair — Oh wait, there were no hearings. I wonder why that was?

tarpon on June 28, 2007 at 1:39 PM

Gotta keep the folks from learning what you guys are doing huh Harry? What a worm.

darwin on June 28, 2007 at 1:39 PM

The left is always so shortsighted. If the fairnes doctrine shuts up conservatives today, who’s to say that someday it won’t shut up liberals? They will not rule forever…we’re not there yet, but I hear drumbeats in the distance…the american people might be coming somewhere near the “waking up” zone…

JustTruth101 on June 28, 2007 at 1:43 PM

Let’em try. It isn’t just talk radio but also the blogs like HA etc. and the dems will not attempt to take on the internet because they would have to engage there own operatives-KOS et al.

Trooper on June 28, 2007 at 1:47 PM

I have to ask, is he trolling for a campaign contribution from Searchlight for the product placement in his speech?

Dusty on June 28, 2007 at 1:48 PM

Dang ment their in the post above- I promise I am minimally literate.

Trooper on June 28, 2007 at 1:49 PM

Hmmm.

Silence opposition.

Worked well for Hitler and Stalin. Maybe Reid, Pelosi, Clinton, and the rest want to try it themselves.

jdawg on June 28, 2007 at 1:49 PM

Talk Radio represents the people you idiot (Reid) ! Unlike the crazy left wing news media outlets like msnbc or nbc.

msipes on June 28, 2007 at 1:50 PM

If I were AP I’d be offended- all this whining about talk radio being the culprit, yet I have to imagine that a lot of the angry phone calls and e-mails came from those of us who’ve been tracking the issue on HA and elsewhere on the Intertubes.

C’mon, Zombie Reid, if you’re going to bash talk radio be sure to include those darned blogging troublemakers- AP and the rest of ‘em deserve the honor of being chastised by a scumbag like you.

Hollowpoint on June 28, 2007 at 1:50 PM

This is code speech. When Reid says “talk radio” he really means “constituents”.

Guardian on June 28, 2007 at 1:53 PM

repvoter on June 28, 2007 at 1:37 PM

Exactly. The elite politicos are pissed at us, because we are informed enough to see through their outright lies. So the answer to this ‘problem’ is to dumb-down the public with the ‘Fairness’ Doctrine. Orwellianism is upon us.

infidel4life on June 28, 2007 at 1:53 PM

“Generator of SIMPLICITY” bumper stickers will be on eBay before nightfall! And if Hairy Reid thinks he got hate mail over this, let him try to push the Fairness Doctrine!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on June 28, 2007 at 1:55 PM

Never mind, Reid’s talking about getting his mail from his hometown of Searchlight. God, he’s a boring a$$!

Dusty on June 28, 2007 at 1:56 PM

Generator of SIMPLICITY

Here’s one for you: RULE OF LAW

HarryStar on June 28, 2007 at 1:58 PM

Talk Radio – 123,654,987
Harry (The Skirt) Reid – 0

The best part is that conservative talk radio supports itself. That must really burn them up since they can’t pull funding, and they have no idea what that even means since they have been living on our dime since they got elected.

Hening on June 28, 2007 at 1:59 PM

If “right-wing” talk radio are “generators of simplicity”, I think it’s fair to describe Dingy Harry, his fellow Democrats and their shills in the Media as “generators of obfuscation”.

Spiny Norman on June 28, 2007 at 2:00 PM

Has King George made any statements today about the drastic failure of His decree?

stenwin77 on June 28, 2007 at 2:01 PM

“I’ll see you at the bill signing.”

Sweet.

there it is on June 28, 2007 at 2:04 PM

vox populi, Harry…. vox populi.

bloviator on June 28, 2007 at 2:04 PM

to be honest, the fairness doctrine doesn’t scare me all that much. if we did see a drop of conservative voices on broadcast radio, i’d be willing to bet that almost everyone lost would get back on satellite. sure it might cost a few bucks a month to be able to hear them, but i would definitely be willing to pay that to hear the doctor of democracy.

pmoshields on June 28, 2007 at 2:08 PM

Nice “Dumb and Dumber” reference. It fits!

jaleach on June 28, 2007 at 2:09 PM

Free exchange of ideas is bad!

brak on June 28, 2007 at 2:10 PM

My favorite part of the “debate” this morning, was when they said that those who oppose the bill are full of hate…

But not anyone in the Senate who opposes the bill….

So… just us poor ole voters out here… we’re the ones full of Hate!

They really just don’t have a clue.

Romeo13 on June 28, 2007 at 2:14 PM

Those pesky citizens are always getting in the way.

right2bright on June 28, 2007 at 2:15 PM

stenwin77 on June 28, 2007 at 2:01 PM

“I’ll see you at the bill signing.”

Sweet.

there it is on June 28, 2007 at 2:04 PM

Heh. I picture him sitting there in a darkened room, all alone, muttering to himself “Where’s the Bill?”.

Guardian on June 28, 2007 at 2:16 PM

Every 3rd tv station in this country is a spanish station. What about monitoring them a little. The Anchor babies are coming now!! Everyone of them I see either is pushing one in a cart or one is almost popping out. Some have 2 or 3 with one popping out. This will be a real problem now more than ever.Any solutions anyone???

Legions on June 28, 2007 at 2:18 PM

This guy is in charge of something? Really?

Metro on June 28, 2007 at 2:20 PM

Legions on June 28, 2007 at 2:18 PM

As far as I am concerned, any child born to an illegal immigrant should be classified as an foreign national born abroad. We should have a law stating such. Being born here illegally should not infer automatic citizenship IMHO.

Guardian on June 28, 2007 at 2:23 PM

Sorry for the double-comment from the other Reid thread.

His remarks on the talk radio are in his mind a perfect timing for ratcheting up the Fairness Doctrine. I say “bring it on”. The country’s in the perfect mood for the next smackdown. It’s High Noon and I love it!!!

Entelechy on June 28, 2007 at 2:25 PM

Talk radio is spewing hate at Dingy Reid? Poor little Dingy, maybe he should look at the polls, and look at the approval rating of Congress. I doubt it’s just the ire of the talk radio audience he feels being leveled at him.

Harry, if you can’t take the heat, then maybe a career change is in order. Maybe something a little less stressfull but still in the public eye … “You want fries with that?”

RINO_Hunter on June 28, 2007 at 2:26 PM

Any attempt to push the Fairness Doctrine can easily be played by the political right as revenge on the part of Congress. I imagine Reid, in his current state of hyperventilation, hasn’t figured out that probably a lot of liberals and ‘moderates’ didn’t like Shamnesty, either. So if the FD starts taking a serious track, it shouldn’t be too hard to pull in people against it who aren’t Conservative.

I see the outcry against Shamnesty as a warm-up for a possible fight against the FD. Trying to be optimistic here, I would tell our senators that if they think this outcry was hard on them, wait until they try cutting off the people’s access to information over the airwaves.

The Left loves John Lennon. Well, we just saw his song “Power to the People” come alive. I think Reid and his colleagues might want to remember that if they hope to enjoy the rest of their (hopefully shortened now) political careers.

Liam on June 28, 2007 at 2:28 PM

I can almost picture Bush with his hands on the podium giving his trademark “deer-in-the-headlights” press conference…

“Umm…err…uh, Where is the that bill? The uh, Amurican people want comprehensive immigration…uh, reform. They err, they know that we are a nation of immigrants and that family values don’t stop at the Rio Grande.”

Throw in the word “nucular” and a malapropism or two about the Iraq war being “hard work” and you’re there.

Mike Honcho on June 28, 2007 at 2:32 PM

Obviously this guy is not aware that hard working conservatives don’t have time to listen to talk radio. He gives talk radio way to much credit. Hard working conservatives are to busy sitting at our desks reading blogs.

Masscon on June 28, 2007 at 2:35 PM

No I picture him red faced, strutting around like a rooster, and screaming at staffers… Where is the that dang bill?, what’a'ya mean the Senate phone lines are busy…”

And I just thought of another career choice for Dingy Reid, Walmart Greeter

RINO_Hunter on June 28, 2007 at 2:40 PM

Someone should point this out….

If the “Fairness Doctrine” gets reinstated, which admittedly has very little chance (You think we caused a stink on Shamnesty? You ain’t seen nuttin’ yet!), let’s assume it targets Talk Radio, or specifically Rush and Sean. As it has been said, stations are not going to risk large fines, and don’t want to lose ad revenue picking up 3 hours of AirheadAmerica, so Rush gets the boot. We in Kansas City would be left with 24-7 Toby Tobin hawking lawn and garden chemicals, garage door openers, and SealMaxx.

Rush, and probably Hannity as well, would probably survive with zero air stations, simply streaming on the net. I hesitate to say everyone could go to satellite, because they will likely include that content since it does use part of the radio spectrum to deliver the signal. I’m sure those boneheads would come up with SOME excuse!

So that leaves the internet, which would be literally impossible to police for “fairness.” The end result would be people hearing LESS of the other side, because people would only search out and read/listen to/view what interested them at that moment. I’ve seen that with studies of people reading newspapers online, they determine that you don’t even come close to reading opposing points of view in most cases. At least with a hardcopy newspaper, you have to read at least a headline or a few paragraphs to determine whether you read the rest.

(Although when I’m feeling down, I’ll go look at Kos from time to time, just to get a laugh at whatever has their knickers in a knit at any given moment. I know, I must love pain!)

In the free market we currently have, at least the Left has a chance of me hearing their message, if they can keep from disgusting me or boring me into changing the station. They just need to find someone who can actually keep the attention of an audience. Which, honestly, I wouldn’t mind hearing.

JamesLee on June 28, 2007 at 2:41 PM

Harry Reid is a senile old fool, useful only as a puppet for Kos and his minions. Dennis Miller was dead-on!

The Sinner on June 28, 2007 at 2:45 PM

Gaurdian sounds like a good idea. No one has the guts. Except talk radio. These Anchor babies are eligible for social services the monent they pop out. Some how we need to take this issue to the next level.

Legions on June 28, 2007 at 2:45 PM

The Left doesn’t understand free market. They only know government conotrol. Emphasis on CONTROL.

jdawg on June 28, 2007 at 2:46 PM

spellcheck needed–moment,

Legions on June 28, 2007 at 2:48 PM

Bang, Pop, Smack, Kapow, Take that Dinghy Harry

As dennis Miller says: “Shut your ashen pie hole”

TheSitRep on June 28, 2007 at 2:49 PM

I’m praying that a few more, if not most, Reps shout “Sike!” and vote against it OR that the backlash is such that the public finally elects more folks like the ones principled enough to oppose this amnesty. This is the closest we’ve come to creating Reagan Democrat-type voters, since Reagan DID it.

Rugged Individual on June 28, 2007 at 2:51 PM

“Generators of simplicity”… That’s a good one Harry!

I believe Einstein said something about the genius of the universe would be found in the “simplicity” of a one inch equation. Thanks for the compliment Harry.

I wonder how the “hate mail” Harry Reid clams to get stacks up against the true hate mail the President and Conservative members of congress get? I bet it would make Reid’s “letter” read like a Hallmark card.

186k on June 28, 2007 at 2:53 PM

The nutroots must be so jealous…

They succeeded in losing a Democrat (Lieberman) and nothing else. We have killed this vile piece of legislation from the ground up, and in the Senate no less, which was given a 6 year term to insulate them from constituents.

Conservatives rock.

Now lets grab our pitchforks and head over to the Fairness Doctrine.

Theworldisnotenough on June 28, 2007 at 2:55 PM

were just a bunch of simple bigots

Drtuddle on June 28, 2007 at 2:55 PM

Guardian on June 28, 2007 at 2:23 PM

How ’bout we take a look at immigration laws of other countries? They can’t ALL be as generous as the US of A.

oldleprechaun on June 28, 2007 at 2:59 PM

It is so disturbing for Reid for all those “people” out there to sort through the details of the bill. They are just hateful meanies!

nottakingsides on June 28, 2007 at 3:00 PM

Our 14th amendment provides that all persons born here are citizens. This was done in response to slavery: children of slaves were to be given full rights as citizens. That was a good decision. Now, however, that constitutional right is being exploited by illegal aliens. Const amendments are almost impossible to muster enough support to actually enact change. Besides, if we could just shut the border down, it wouldn’t be a problem anymore. (Big if, I know…)

JustTruth101 on June 28, 2007 at 3:03 PM

Well, if there are people today that seriously believe in the concept of “public airwaves” because they think that bandwidth is a finite resource, hence regulated…then what about blogs/forums hmmm? Aren’t IP addresses finite? With only so many to go around, perhaps we should regulate the content of everyones’ net presence?

In fact, our very voices emit sound within a limited range of audible bandwidth, perhaps physical human speech should be regulated?

Those Founding Fathers didn’t know what the heck they were talking about when they crafted the 1st amendment.

Ochlan on June 28, 2007 at 3:07 PM

“Generators of Simplicity”

Thats fine with me… I’d rather be simple, strong and moral than nuanced, tired and progressive.

-matt

amend2 on June 28, 2007 at 3:22 PM

Long time lurker, first post – the arrogance of these plutocrats is something to witness. Most of them have an obvious dislike for the citizens of this nation. Molon labe.

Wyatt Wingfoot on June 28, 2007 at 3:28 PM

Wait till the revolution comes Harry !

DoctorDentons on June 28, 2007 at 3:55 PM

HANNITIZED!!

3 hours a day, every day.

unamused on June 28, 2007 at 4:24 PM

Oh of course Harry needs to place the blame somewhere. After all the election of 06 was a mandate from the American people right? Yes it was a mandate but not to empower the Dems Harry and Nancy. Your egos have lied to you. The 06 election was a mandate to rebuke Rino’s. We were in control then and we are in control now. Chalk this defeat up to underhanded tactics and crappy legislation. Kennedy cries we can’t find these 12 million people , by comparison how many driver licenses and vehicle registrations are issued with precision and accuracy every year? Give me a break fellas your bought and paid for. We are grassroots we don’t care what the world economy does. We have the nessecary resourses right here to weather any depression. A depression might be what we need to open up our own oil resources. Just keep your hands off our heart land. Screw China and Russia and the EPA and being number one in the world economy. We need to forget the NWO. Later with that. I for one am going to continue to think Nationally as opposed to globally.

sonnyspats1 on June 28, 2007 at 4:45 PM

Did anyone hear Laura and Mark Steyn ripping Harry’s “Tommy” story this morning? LOL, I started laughing so hard, my office mates must have thought I was on crack.

WisCon on June 28, 2007 at 4:48 PM

posted by AZCON

As a fellow AZCON, there’s a thought I can agree with. Hopefully we will have a REAL conservative to challenge McVain by 2010.

Kyl is the one who really concerns me though. After all, we expected McAmnesty to do what he did. I’m hoping Kyl will come around to reality. He’s been such a good Senator until this…

JannyMae on June 28, 2007 at 4:52 PM

I was listening to Rush this morning and he played this clip of Reid.

**insert rolling eyes icon here**

JannyMae on June 28, 2007 at 4:52 PM

George W. Bush will only be at the bill signing if:
A: The bill secures our borders, and
B: President Fred Thompson invites him.

Jonas Parker on June 28, 2007 at 5:02 PM

Ann Coulter is sending the letters.

wryteacher on June 28, 2007 at 5:27 PM

Talk radio listeners are heavily people who drive. As in, driving to and from work, and to and from lunch from work. Thus, they work. (Obvious correlation between people with actual jobs, and conservative talk radio.)

A problem if they (Congress) scrush talk radio (and presumably satellite radio) — is that all those DRIVERS are not going to be able to listen to streaming web audio. Because they listen when they drive. Not otherwise.

SunSword on June 28, 2007 at 6:06 PM

Harriet Reid hasn’t surprised me in the least – Socialists have always felt that they know what’s best for the People. That’s why they don’t give a damn about the will of the People. The People are in the way of another Socialist Utopia … and that, my friends … is at the core of Harriet’s disgust with talk radio. Talk radio IS the People.

OhEssYouCowboys on June 28, 2007 at 6:08 PM

“simplicity” now we know how he really feels about the common folk.

michael griggs on June 28, 2007 at 6:20 PM

JannyMae on June 28, 2007 at 4:52 PM

Kyl is my Senator and I am very disappointed. He will not get my vote again.

SIJ6141 on June 28, 2007 at 6:32 PM

Does anyone know, do both of the good Senator’s arms work? I couldn’t help but notice that his left arm hangs there useless during this clip like Dr. Marvin Kandle in the Dharma Project orientation film in season 2 of “Lost.” Of course later, we learned that film contained a missing clip warning about “the incident” and for the viewer to (paraphrasing) by no means attempt to use the computer in the hatch to try to communicate with the outside world. Well guess what, Seantor? Unfortunately, sometimes the outside world will communicate with YOU, and no matter how many drones you try to enlist to type in “4-8-15-16-23-42″ over and over, sooner or later someone will say “enough” and everything will implode. I’d say we who worked against this bill should all fancy ourselves a bunch of Desmonds now, gifted with greater vision…

Captain Scarlet on June 28, 2007 at 7:24 PM

When officials attack freedom of speech itself, it seems best to make them special targets for removal from office.

Kralizec on June 28, 2007 at 7:41 PM

Thanks to what Dingy Harry Reid blathered out on the floor of the Senate today, Ruch Limbaugh has been gifted with material that will last him well into the 2008 election.

You know, whenever Reid tries to come across as “tough-talking”, I don’t know if I should laugh at him, or just pity the fool.

pilamaye on June 28, 2007 at 7:49 PM

This touches on freedoms of association, speech, and press. It’s not even merely a Constitutional matter. It’s “trans-Constitutional,’ so to speak, because it concerns goods that are more important than the Constitution, which derives its goodness from its support of such freedoms as those of association, speech, and press. It’s dangerous to let men who want to take away those freedoms remain in office without discipline. However, if a spectacular example is made of just one tyrannical official per decade, it seems the rest will remember they’re merely men like the rest of us.

Kralizec on June 28, 2007 at 8:08 PM

This is just the beginning and boobs like Dingy know that. If we can squash this bill which was pushed by the left and the moronic RINOs, then IMAGINE what else we might be able to do if we REALLY put our minds to it.

Fear us Mr. Soon TO BE Ex-Senator.

Alden Pyle on June 28, 2007 at 8:43 PM

crazy_legs on June 28, 2007 at 1:31 PM

I can fully appreciate your story. There is a family in our church with a worse problem. The husband is a naturalized American (Canada) who has been in the U.S. Navy for a full career. He brought home and married a Filipina, a wonderful woman who is a terrific mother, Sunday School teacher, choir member, etc.

Late last year she was deported to the Philippines. It seems that the federal government discovered some inconsistencies in the paperwork, and even though they freedly admit that the mistakes are ALL THEIRS, they refused to suspend her deportation while they tried to work it out. Worse, she was held in a detention facility in California for many weeks before actually being sent back to the PI.

Part of the problem stems from the fact that they were married in Canada. With him not being a natural born citizen, and their wedding certified in another country, it caused her citizenship to fall through some cracks. They thought everything was fine, and all of a sudden they are told she is here illegally, without citizenship or visa. It has been nearly a year, and a woman who married an American serviceman is kept separated from her family because of beauracratic nonsense. This is the sort of person who gets deported while MS-13 rules parts of LA.

Neither Boxer nor Feinstein has done more than express sorrow for the inconvenience.

Freelancer on June 28, 2007 at 11:00 PM

Now, which talk show host simulated a shooting of the president? Oh, that’s right, nobody’s listening.

budorob on June 29, 2007 at 9:33 AM

Generators of simplicity?????

Howzabout generators of information???

Corky on June 29, 2007 at 10:48 AM